US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

queenellag
2/26/17

I spoke to a CSR by phone to book a flight for my mom (who's visiting from Buffalo, NY) on February 20th for Monday, February 27 of 2017. He stated that there was a flight available in the morning that would depart at the 7 o'clock hour from JFK (NY) and she would arrive that same morning in Buffalo, NY at the 9 o'clock hour. The problem is the CSR that said he would book the flight for Monday morning had actually booked it for Sunday morning so I paid for a flight I DID NOT request, they're refusing to compensate me by putting my mom on the next flight available, nor have they offered a refund. If the conversations are recorded, someone should listen back and you can see that I never asked for a flight on Sunday morning but I agreed to Monday morning. Please help! I said over and over again that I DID NOT wish to book a flight anytime before 5pm Sunday. They still booked my flight for a time I didn't agree to.

mariusv3
2/24/17

Never book your flight with CheapOair be warned there is no guarantee that your flight is booked. No money back and you pay more money than at the airline itself. I missed my flight due to a travel document. I made the fight the next day. The airline would have changed my flight at a small fee. Because i booked with CheapOair I had to pay the full fare over again. I now understand that CheapOair not mean that their prices are Cheap but that they are "Cheap"

mariae63
2/24/17

I booked my flight via app and it's been amazing! Everything that you need is there, super easy, fast and affordable! If you made a mistake you can just call them right away and that's it you're good to go. CheapOair has always been my go to whenever I needed a flight. So thank you so much!

katel177
2/24/17

Best price gaurentee FRAUD!! It's been 1/2 a year over 60 emails and i still havent recived my money back! They even had the nerve to call me impatient! When i first contacted them they even thought I owed them money and said it was urgent, then when they realized they made a mistake and owed me money it was no longer urgent and here i am still waiting.

johnd724
2/22/17

Booked a flight LAX to Maui RT. Received a confirmation by email. Checked with American and found that Cheapo never booked the flight but charged my credit card. Called Cheapo and lucked out because I checked in far enough in advanced so they were able to get the same flights after 40 min on hold. BUT....cheapo wanted me to pay the difference in the ticket which had gone up $200 for their mistake. WOW $$$ Will not use them again!

dennisonc
2/21/17

The options on the site are not available. Then you call an agent and they charge you more than what's on the site. Ended up getting a flight I didn't want, and was told it would cost an additional $89 from the price on the site for the correct tickets because I was switching flights. Ended up having to cancel and go charged $50 in less than 24 hours.

onijstup
2/20/17

I think ,it is the best site.The service of the product is really good.The quality of the product is good.I like this site.

aminac2
2/19/17

Been using this site since 2010. Has always been great customer service I should know I work in this industry!!

sharelf
2/18/17

Quick and easy search for flights. I'd use again and again and have recommended to my friends. I compared with other sites and found theirs had the best deals.

melb76
2/18/17

this is the worst website to buy tickets from. My friend had a flight today to curacao but the name on the ticket was missing a letter. We made numerous calls and was told that it would take 5 days to correct the name on the ticket. We were told to Go to the airport to see what the airline could do to help.. when we got to the airport the airline said that its nothing they could do and i had to contact cheapOair. I was told by cheapOair that they cant do anything to help. To make a long story short.. I was denied on the flight and have lost $700.00 ticket through cheapOair.

Tip for consumers: STT-CUR

nestorc8
2/17/17

Everything was so very good on my trip to El Salvador. I can't believe how happy I am for the deal I just find it on cheap websites.

dianaf24
2/17/17

They add extra charges . They also changed my days I put in when I wanted to fly and charged me $80 more to get my correct flight. When I called the customer service are rude and cut you off without explamination. Don't book here!

mrm54
2/14/17

Be careful about this website... They got my credit card details... Email me booking confirmation and then when I called them...No booking has been really made... Don't trust them

tonih24
2/14/17

I've been reading all these negative reviews and felt compelled to write my own. I've never been disappointed with cheapoair. I've used them many times over the last few years for international flights and everything has gone smoothly. Granted, I've never had a problem that had to be solved...and that is a testimony in itself as to how smoothly run everything has been. So thanks cheapoair!

josiek8
2/13/17

I've use CheapOAir a few time. By the 3rd x I had enough. Its not worth the headache when an issue arrive. GO to any other booking site beside this one.

Also they do not care about your feedback. Take your wallet somewhere else.

vasub
2/13/17

This is one of the worst websites, where people are sitting behind desks monitoring each and every step and call you instantly. The price they show on the website is just to collect your information, once you go to checkout they will tell that that flight is no longer available. I believe they will sear flights in Expedia or some other websites and make a reservation through phone.

nickm119
2/12/17

terrible experience. be very careful with what you book. 1 stop over is actually 2 stops. And be careful with the airport information. When you book a roundtrip flight, you don't land/depart from the same airport; I am not sure how that can be called a roundtrip? Terrible customer service, very dishonest and unprofessional. They want me to take up the issue with the airline. Why go through them when I should just call the airline. There is a reason why their site is called CheapOair.

annaa84
2/9/17

Easy to book and Very good deals! Very friendly customer representatives,Robin Gottschalk helps a lot. For sure to use it again for my upcoming trips!

twishp
2/7/17

So I tried to book a flight with them. Initially showed me a price of $1300. So I went ahead to book and once I entered my credit card details, they changed the price to $4000.
I am surely going to put a block with my credit card company.

donalds46
2/6/17

Booked a one-way flight at a lower than market price, just a few days out. Upon getting the confirmation email, they plugged in a date a week later! No problem I thought, with the one-hour cancellation assurance. They transferred me to 3 different people across India, until the hour had expired! Yep, I called in within 15 minutes, yet they played with me on the phone for 50 more minutes, until time had expired. Had to call credit card company to perform a merchant charge back on my Visa. Not cool

ekundayoa
2/2/17

I find it really disgusting that the company is displaying such poor customer service that I am starting to doubt the integrity of the organization and I am beginning to conclude that this is an elaborate scam that many of its customers fall for. I have complained several times made calls, sent e-mails yet every time, someone assures me that this will be sorted out shortly, this is almost 5 months and I am still are getting all sorts of ridiculous excuses not to pay me back.
Last e-mail (see below) I received from on 21 January said it said someone would contact me in 72 hours. It is now 11 days and no one has had the courtesy to contact me.
This stinks. I just want my refund. I have invested so much time and money calling and still have not got my issue resolved. .
Below is the e-mail someone sent to me on January 21, 2017.
Dear Ekundayo,
Thank you for contacting CheapOair.com. We understand your concern regarding the refund. We really apologize for the delay in resolving your concern. On a priority basis we have once again highlighted your concern to our team and within next 72 hours you will receive an update from our waivers team regarding your concern. We appreciate your patience over the delay.
We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing CheapOair.
Thank you, Paulo CheapOair.com

kristinag18
1/30/17

I purchased a ticket from #CheapOair . I am an international student residing at baltimore. My flight was on Friday December 16, 2016 at 9:40 pm from JFK- Dusseldorf-ktm. I travelled all the way from baltimore to newyork for my flight. Before my flight, I even did my online checkin on my way. I reached the airport on time. In my itinerary provided by the #CheapOair it was clearly written Etihad Airways Flight 1611, Aircraft: 332 as my air service. So, according to that I went to #Etihad ticketing/checkin counter waited in the line and it took like 30 mins to find out that the flight details were wrong. The staff from Etihad counter told me that the flight information and everything was fine but my name wasn't booked on it. So, she advised me to go to check on Air Berlin counter, I rushed to Air Berlin counter which was in terminal 8. But, by the time I reached there, they told me that there is no seat available and it was almost ready to board. I asked them to fix another flight for me. The manager of the #AirBerlin told me that they cannot do it and they are not responsible for it. Because it was done by third party i.e. #Cheapoair. They even explained me that it is #cheapoairs fault because I had checked in the airport on time and because of the wrong information given by the Cheapoair, I was going to miss my flight. They even told me that the flight number given in the itinerary was wrong. So, I called to Cheapoair to manage my flight but the person in the phone was too rude and told me it was my fault and I had to pay extra penalty of $ 180. I requested him to manage another flight for me because I was leaving in emergency situation. But, he told me that he cannot do that rather he blamed on air Berlin and blamed on me for not looking at the itinery and asked me to deal it with air berlin by myself. I talked to him on phone for like 2 hours and nothing in his statement changed rather I missed the flight. Finally, I asked him to give my money back so that I could buy another ticket and leave as soon as possible but he said that I should have told him before the flight departed. He was not ready to listen to my situation but was only asking extra penalty and even told me that If I try to refund it I would not even get half of the money that I had spent on tickets. I am really disappointed with their system and customer service. I paid $ 1953.46 for nothing. I did not get my money back nor I could travel with it. Totally disappointed with cheapoair. I will never do business with #Cheapoair. I hope your business goes down with this kind of service given. I got one question for you guys though, why would you let me buy the ticket if the seat was already full? Why would you write the wrong information on itinerary? Why would you write Etihad Airways Flight: 1611 on my itinerary when it was Air berlin? And why would there be no any seats available in Air Berlin if I already paid for it and even selected my seats? Is $1953.46 small money that I would not get back for your fault???
#dissapointedwithcheapoair #fraudcheapoair #yourservicesucks

gabrielat2
1/30/17

I have to travel back and forth from Puerto Rico to Florida every month in business and cheap O air always gives me the best deals. I always have a good experience.

kario8
1/25/17

I have used CheapO air several times and it has always been easy and a good experience overall. And from the searches I do at the time, it seems like they have the cheapest prices.

hassew
1/24/17

I bought a ticket on CheapOAir and paid with PayPal FUNDS. They did a pre-authorizaion for the amount (approx 1000 USD - with over 5000 USD funds int he account). More than enough. THen they cannot fetch/claim the payment saying "credit card declined". They wanted my creditcard details too. NO WAY. If I pay with paypal FUNDS there is NO creditcard involved. The biggests error and I called in total for 3-4 hours with PayPal and cheapOair. Paypal clearly told me (and also cheapOair in a conference call) that the problem is with cheapOair and they simply need to complete the transaction. NOTHING was declined from my end NOR paypal.

So if you need an airline ticket; don't use cheapOair as you'll get into trouble and spend lots of time.

CheapOAir tries to blame all on me and not admitting their mistake. In the meantime booked the tickets (also through PayPal) through another OTA and got e-tickets after 8!! minutes.

Did spend several hours on the Phone with them spending like 200 USD on international calls.

Tip for consumers: Simply don't use.

69 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question