US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

katelyng3
1/21/17

I tried to buy a ticket on their site to take a trip home to Memphis, Tennessee, and my card was declined, even though it has enough money on. Okay, no big deal. So I used a different website instead. Come to find out Cheapoair.com charged my card any way even though they said it was declined and never sent me my ticket information. Now they refuse to do anything about it and say that it's impossible for their website to even have done that.
I am a broke college student just trying to take a trip home for a break, and now I'll have to struggle to even feed myself.

brandym19
1/20/17

Booking my flight on Cheapoair.Com was easy and inexpensive. My flight was also enjoyable. Thank you!!!

oliviah29
1/19/17

I recently booked a flight through Cheapoair only to have to cancel a few days later. I spoke with a customer service rep and he took me through their cancellation policy. He said that the total amount would be put back on my credit card except for a $50 cancelation fee. I understood the penalty and was fine with this.

A few weeks later I see an additional $28 charge on my credit card statement and so call them back up and am told this is for non refundable fees and taxes. The man I originally spoke with never said anything about this to me - he only told me about the $50.

I expressed my dissatisfaction and asked to speak with a supervisor. The representative said no one was there now and he would have someone call me the next day. Still haven't heard from anyone.

It's been a month and I see that they disputed with my credit card company. I am in an ongoing battle with them which is such a waste of my time and energy.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS FRADULENT COMPANY WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR PROFIT.

stephaniec114
1/16/17

The cheapoair website was simple and easy to use. I continuously find good deals on this site. I used a promo code when booking my flight that took off $25 which was great. I highly recommend xheapoair.

mitd
1/14/17

Book tickets through their website on mobile phone. It was very convenient and cheapest price online. Will use them again to book in future.

marcoc34
1/12/17

I am extremely unhappy about the way cheapoair handled my reservation, cancelled.

CheapoAir have caused me extra costs in of over 300.00 dollars due to cancelling my reservation.

If I book on redtag or expedia, when it says approved it is approved.

I am travelling and it takes a half functioning brain to see that obviously you can NOT call my home number to confirm.

No one calls to confirm when it says the ticket is purchased.

Cheapo service

Cheapo reliability

I will do my outmost, go out of my way, to ensure no-one I know will use your services.

marial138
1/12/17

I booked a last minute flight to Brazil through CheapOAir because my mom was very will. On the day I was to return home, my mom passed away, so I called and rescheduled my return flight to Thusday, 2 days later. After a long delay on the telephone and over $700 in extra fees, they rescheduled my ticket for Thursday and sent me an email confirming the changes. Later that day that same agent called me and said they had been unable to confirm the date with the airline and had to change to the following day, Friday. I accepted the change and waited for an email from them. The email never came, so the following day I called them again. The agent reconfirmed my return for Thursday, not Friday as I was told before. I was unsure of what to believe, so I checked with the airline. The airline had no record of any change. I was luckily able to schedule directly with the airline; they were full on Thursday, so I scheduled for Friday. I checked my account at CheapOAir several times on line, and every time it showed me returning on Thursday (while the airline showed me returning on Friday). My Friday flight was delayed for 24 hours because of mechanical problems, so my return trip leasted 3 days. All because CheapOAir doesn't have a clue what they are doing. Never again!

charless159
1/11/17

Never again will I travel without Cheap O Air. They say if it seems to good to be real it mostly isn't. Well let me be the one to say IT'S REAL !!!!!!!! Down load it, use it and love those prices. I've told so many of my friends had a and family members, they can't wait to go some where. One family member and I went on vacation together, she had a decent air fair. But once I told her what I paid she was a little upset. We were on the same flight too. I checked the night before and Cheap O Air was still 35 dollars cheaper. All I can say is Check" Cheap O Air out."

marilynl19
1/10/17

I booked my reservation with in 24 hours my flight and seats have changed. I tried calling to inquire 30 minutes waiting to get hung up on, called back waited 40 minutes no one ever came on phone.
Called the next day and as I am typing still on hold for the third time 40:22 minutes and still waiting to find out about my reservation.
Did I mention I paid already for this non-sense, just want to cancel my reservations... Have no confidence in this company or reservation.
The name CHEAPoair should have alerted me something was wrong.

basilp12
1/10/17

Booking a ticket usually takes awhile but here it was quick and easy, I'm looking forward to book a ticket again

kweil1
1/8/17

I have the same experience. This is not the first time I order flight ticket online but first time with CheapOair. First time I have this horrible experiences, never happen with other airline companies I have been ordered in the past 20 years.
I checked my daughter and my name carefully before booking the ticket online. My daughter and I don't have middle name. but my first name was in 2 words (for example, my first name is Fay Meng,) which I just entered under my first name column, basically the middle name column is blank, I never enter anything there. I triple check the passengers name before order. Everything is good. But once i received the confirmation letter, I checked again to make sure everything is all right. I am very careful person. I immediately found that my daughter name is wrong. They used one of my first name Meng, to become my daughter middle name. SO, I called and emailed to them immediately to notify the issue, to remove that "middle" name. They emailed me back and told me will get back to me later. I called again few hours later, but still said will give me call back. They called me back next day but telling me can't make any changed on the name. I either cancel and re-book again, or pay the different to change my daughter name. I even talked to the supervisor, they still insist that it is not their fault. I told them I will never enter middle name for both of us. Not in any application. They even move 1 words of my first name, Meng to become middle name, I asked why, they said the computer generate it. So, I said if the computer will generate mine, then my daughter name might also cause by that. i said if you can't do it, you should have told me when i first call you which I still can cancel within 4 hours for free. Now no more ticket available on those date we wanted at that time with the same price. The airline said it is up to the agent to make the change or not. End up they make me paid almost $200 to remove that middle name. However, I still received confirmation letter with no name changed. So, I called the airline to confirm that the name did changed.
I am guessing after they received our online order, they need to enter into the airline for booking, but they accidentally enter it by mistake. However, they claim is our mistake.
I found some comments also have the same issue with spelling their name wrong. It looks like I am not the only one. Their staffs and computer did make mistake but blame us. Do they try to make money in the other way by offering cheap air ticket? Be careful, better video recording the whole processing when you placing the order.
Ruin my trip mood!

emmam95
1/8/17

It was easy to use the site. I would recommend this site to my friends and family.

richardw206
1/8/17

Once they got my credit card info I began to see many fraud charges on rooms and flights I did not book!!! I had to have my credit card # changed, Watch out here!!!!!

suzw1
1/7/17

This company is one of the worst that I have ever experienced. They somehow put the wrong name for me on my ticket (my name was correct on my email confirmation, I have the proof of that). So I had no trouble with my departing flight of my roundtrip ticket, but I when went to return home, my name was incorrect. The TSA would not let me through security to fly.

I went to the airline counter and they told me that they had been given the wrong name by cheapoair. I called cheapoair and asked them to help. I had an hour or so before my flight by this time, and I asked them to correct my name. The man of the telephone absolutely gave me the run around, lied, etc. First he blamed the airline, he wouldn't do the name change, he refused to give me any refund on my ticket, he wouldn't even help me to book a new flight at my own expense, and he even blamed ME for the incorrect name, despite my email proof that it wasn't true.

No matter what I said it did no good. He just wouldn't help me. The clock was ticking for my flight and he was absolutely awful to me. I ended up needing to run through three airport terminals and purchase a ticket from the counter at my own expense. Cheapoair refused to take any responsibility or help me in any way. I had spent over $400 for my original flight and then ended up spending $200 on another one way ticket home.

By the way, a couple next to me at the counter had the same misnaming issue with Expedia. They called Expedia and the company cancelled their flight reservation and rebooked them for the same flight under the correct name within 10 minutes. I suggested that to Cheapoair and they just told me no.

I called them after this terrible experience asking for a refund and they refused. They said my ticket was nonrefundable. I told them that the only reason I needed a refund was because of their error that cost me an extra $200 plus a lot of suffering. Again they refused. I could go on and on about all the lies and bad things that they said to me over the phone. One person would tell me one thing, another would say the opposite. They tried blaming the both airlines I had flown with, United and then American, and then me also. They did anything and everything they could so as not to take the slightest possibility for the mix up.

I want people to know what they are getting into with this company. Stay away!!!! They are shady and irresponsible. If they mess up your booking, you will end up paying for it and then some.

Also as an aside, they also did something else shady after my booking. They sent me an email prompting me to select seats for my flight. I clicked on the link provided in the email to select them. I selected an economy seat (nothing with extra leg room, etc.) and a thing popped up on the screen saying it would cost $8/seat. When I saw they were trying to charge me, I closed out without completing any transaction. I then saw a charge for $8 on my credit card that I had never authorized. I never went through a checkout process or anything, but they used the credit card info they had on file from my booking to charge me without my permission.

I called them to complain about it, and they did reverse the charge. But I wonder how many people don't follow up that they secretly charge for seats. It is very shady.

As I said, AVOID this company. It is awful and I want everyone to know and not go through the same troubles and money wasted that I have. Protect yourself!

liacouty
1/4/17

I bought round trip ticket. I used it but I thought that I can cancel the return and be refunded. I called them and they say it's not possible.Why if I'm not using it why they don't refund it.

wilkerc
1/2/17

Ease to use , accurate service and best discounts on market people. Very professional like no other website.

jordanb82
12/31/16

great experience booking with them. the staff is so helpful and always looking for ways to make the experience better. if there is any oproblems they notify you to help you with whatever it is. great experience and recommend to anyone looking to book a flight at a good price.

oyedelee
12/29/16

This company like to pride about customer satisfaction but this my advice to people all over the world is safe yourself some trouble do not buy anything they are selling. I which leave a review to go over l had bought many tickert from them before but never would l buy anything they are selling thanks.

mishak3
12/26/16

I flight Lufthansa several times and they always have stops in Germany. This time CheapOAir sold me ticket with 2 stops and both in Germany. During check in I was surprised that I need a Schengen visa since flight between that 2 stops considered as domestic. I lost y flight and Chrismasts Eve with relatives.
Cheapo didn't notify me about visa required on this route, refused to refund, didn't offer any assistance in resolving problem. After couple hours on phone with India based call center which CSR just hung up if they tired from you, they send me to Terms&Conditions fine prints which is saying that Cheapo is not responsible for anything.
I wouldn't recommend to anyone use Cheapo. It's not even cheap anymore, you can find better deals through google flight.

alejandrop10
12/26/16

Excelent easy online service cheap price for people that need to travel monthly this it's the best website

sheilah54
12/26/16

When I decided to book a flight to visit my son on West Coast, cheapoair gave me the best fare. This is when I decided to book another flight to visit my home state in the Northeast. What a remarkable deal I received. I will continue to search this website when traveling.

reneeb36
12/25/16

The ticket was purchased online and everything was spelled correctly. I contacted the airline because I had to change the ticket to a one-way, which would cost $50. The airline was all ready to make the change, but could not do it because the name on the ticket was misspelled. The airline told me to contact CheapOAir directly (although, oddly, their system said the ticket was purchased through Travel Long). The airline said after the name was changed, CheapO should be able to make the switch to one-way. The airline also said that I would probably be told I would have to pay a $200 change fee; if so, I should ask for a supervisor. I called Cheap O Air immediately after. The first person I spoke to said he could not help me and transferred me. The second person said he could do the name change, put me on hold (no hold music), and then the call disconnected after nearly 15 minutes. The third person (new phone call) I spoke with told me the change would be $200. I politely asked for a supervisor. I was told that "names do not matter on domestic flights" and he would not transfer me until "I changed my attitude." He also said I "did not understand the travel industry" and if I wanted to call the airline on my other line and conference him in, he would explain to the airline how things worked! I finally got him to transfer me - or so I thought. After a hold of nearly 20 minutes (with music this time), what sounded like the same agent returned. He did not give a name or an apology. He told me the one-way ticket cost less than the round-trip, so the airline would be happy to rebook me for a $50 fee; however, the total cost would be $95. I asked why it was more and he could not explain it. He also said they could not do the change right now, but I could pay for it now, and they would take care of it in 3-4 hours after the name change showed on both the ticket and itinerary (I guess names do matter!). I told him to forget it and I would work directly with the airline. In total, I was on the phone with them over an hour to fix their typo, and I still have to call the airline to get the one-way ticket issued. I will never use CheapOAir again!

alang23
12/24/16

I have booked through this site many times over the past 3 years. However this time is has been a nightmare. I booked a flight that departed at 7:30am. 5 days after booking that flight, I received an email stating the the flight time had been changed to depart at 6:00am and that I needed to accept the change or reject the change and someone would contact me to resolve the issue. Since my arrival into that city would be at 6:00am, I rejected the change.........and waited for 5 days for a response. I chatted with CS department numerous times over the next 5 days and was always told that someone would call me back in 24-48 hours. No calls. Finally after 7 days I received a voice mail from a person that was incoherent about calling a number and cancelling the reservation. I call the next day and was transferred 3 times and disconnected from the call. After I called back again, I was told that I must accept the change because there are no other flights with that airline. I was also told that cancellation is not an option. So I am in quite a position. I have tickets for a flight that I am unable to make because the airline changed the flight times and CheapOAir is not helping at all. I have spoken to 8 people this morning and still nothing resolved. I have asked to be escalated to a supervisor and still nothing.

dawnm90
12/23/16

I found Cheapoair seeking cheap flights. I was a little worried with all of the scams out there. However, my experience was no scam. My flights were confirmed and by far cheaper than any other flights available. Not only has all of my experiences using this site be more than satisfactory... A representative called to make sure all went well!! Thank you for your positive experience! And thank you Robin Gottschalk for the pleasant follow up call! That is what I call excellent customer service!

zurikat
12/23/16

I had no problem to book a ticket and they were very helpful in my travel arrangements. I would definitely recommend people to book a flight with them. They focus on meeting the clients expectations and for fulling your travel needs and requirements.

67 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question