Review of CheapOair

135 W 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, NY 10020

anitac41
7/23/17

while planning trip with my wife, finding my flight was easy an quick to which there was no confusion.

pawans12
7/21/17

I had a very bad experience with CheapOAir. My flight from SFO was delayed and I was sure to miss my connecting flight from Delhi. I called CheapOAir helpline for help to see what can be done. After waisting couple of minutes of my roaming time, she told me that she is not able to reach the airline and I need to deal with the airline directly. (Come-on, if you can not reach the airline from your office how do you expect the customer to reach on roaming.) Well I called the airline and there was no reachability issues with airline. I could cancel my flight with airline and book a new one. The airline told me that I can contact cheapoair after 24Hr for a refund. I called CheapOair for the refund, they directed me to billing department, billing department told me that it is not cancelled in cheapoair so transferred to cancelling department. The cancelling department told me that it is already cancelled so sent me back to billing. Now billing is again telling that it is not cancelled in cheapOAir so again send it back to cancelling. (I felt tortured and harassed). See How poor communication they have in department. Then cancelling department is not taking my call and keeping me on hold for 30 mins. Think of holding so long on international roaming. I dropped and wrote a mail to them with all details. I have not received any response yet (2 day passed) and my money is stuck? Any Idea how can get my refunds back (which is already sent from airline to cheapOAir). I will put the same response on their Facebook page.

bellan9
7/21/17

Website show "24 hours cancellation" in bold letters at the top when you book a flight misleading customers to think it's free 24hr cancellation. At the very bottom of the page in tiny barely visible print it says "24 hours cancellation for a fee" that I never even noticed until the heavily accented sales rep mentioned it to me when I tried to cancel my booking within less than an hour of booking it and was subsequently charged $50 PER PERSON. What a scam. Never booking with them again.

shivm1
7/20/17

1) USA law is to cancel booking in 24hours of booking with full refund. But Cheapoair doesn't let you cancel the ticket online and you will be given a # to call. Cancellation is charged by means of service charge $50 since it has to be done through a rep. If you had the same ticket booked through the airline, you should be able to cancel it without any changes within 24hours of booking and the travel date is more than 7day from the date of booking.
2) When I was searching for the fair it was $186 and while I was paying it showed 199. I couldn't figure out why when I was booking it and paid it anyway since don't want to spend any more time on this.
3) If you have it booked through airline there may not be any charge for seat assignments ( I didn't ) but cheapoair changes for selecting seats through their site. Maybe this is part of the reason why my total went up.

chouxc
7/19/17

once they have your money you can't cancel, you have to call them to cancel and that is when the nightmare starts. They will let you wait on the line forever and if you talk to someone they will transfer you to some numbers that have no service. and careful with the person that calls you right after you make the purchase, they are very experienced at selling you all sorts of things.

dorothyb50
7/16/17

I booked a flight to Hawaii and the next day I received an email that my credit card was declined. They wanted me to provide another card for payment. I went online and provided another card. The same email was received about a decline. I called both credit card companies and they confirmed there were no declines issued. One had no record of any charges attempted on my card. I told CheapOair to cancel everything.

chasec14
7/14/17

The no worries 24hr cancellation is not true. Once they have your credit card info your money is gone ! Don't bother calling their customer service department because none of them speak english very well. Just open a dispute with your bank and let them deal with it. DON'T USE CHEAPO AIR AGAIN !!!!!

connorm19
7/13/17

Made it easy for me to book and board my flight! They had many tools on their website to help navigate and plan my flight accordingly. Nothing but good things to say about CheapoAir!

manuelm70
7/13/17

My experiences have always been great, never a problem. And I have even called to change my dates and never had a problem. and the receptionists or agents are always so pleasant to talk to.

daniellah2
7/13/17

I made a mistake, I had too many windows open comparing flight prices, and accidentally booked my flight out and returning on the same day. The website did not prompt me that this could be an error. I called them immediately, and they were so apathetic and unhelpful. $150 penalty, and then then the price of booking another flight. For an easy mistake!! It's ridiculous. penalty for what!

janel287
7/13/17

I book 2 tickets thru the phone with cheapoair (cost $2,451). The guy on cheapoair book tickets for me said that he has to charge fees for special requests (wheelchair and choosing seats) because I can't book it myself on cheapoair.com and he has to do it manually. I paid for all the fees and found out that he did not do anything with my special requests. I had to call the airline myself to request wheelchairs and seats. The airline told me that I should not pay for wheelchairs service since it's included in the tickets. I call cheapoair to ask for refund all the sevices that they charged me but done nothing. They said "service fees" on the reciept are the fees that I have to pay when booking thru cheapoair and they're nonrefundable. What a scam! Horrible service. Never never with cheapoair again.

lucys75
7/13/17

They had a big flashing $20.00 off..the guy that booked my flight said oh my not owki g ..what??fake..then said try online when booked they will credit your credit card..NOT..they want my personal information and to join some club..nope..I only do paypal online..too easy to get hacked by others..SO ITS FAKE PEOPLE..also they wanted to charge me for aisle seat. I have medical condition must have aisle seat..go to restroom about 3 to 4 times normal of others ..don't think they want me to bother others over and over again...I don't believe I will use them again..not nice people!!

jessicae44
7/12/17

My experience booking with cheapoair has been the best expireance as far as booking any flights in the past and previously.
I was able to book 2 flights 1 for my mom who was treated very respectfully,and 1 for my son who has never flown before. Last I also booked a flight for my moms dog.
I wouldn't book with anyone else love cheapoair. Thank you for your great service.

Jessica Ellis

josepha102
7/10/17

We booked 2 first class tickets to Buffalo through these crooks. The seat assignments were all set, so we were told. We called the airline to verify and they had us in different seats. Called Cheapoair they told us it was to cost another ten bucks to secure the original seats. ( sound like extortion to you?) Then Cheapo told us the connecting flight at Ohare stayed on the same plane. Great, since my wife has mobility problems and is legally blind. Come to find out from the airline the connection was on a different plane, and they couldn't tell us which gate until the day of the flight. Finally we find out that out of the $1600 total bill they get to keep $200 of it. Travel agents never charged and gave ten times better service.

cheyennew6
7/10/17

I looked and looked and looked for cheap plane tickets that needed purchased at the last minute. The only place I could find the right tickets with the best flight options was on cheapoair.com. It was easy to navigate and book my flights. Thanks!

ralinag
7/10/17

The ugliest web site for booking your flight!!!! Here is my story ... I booked a round trip flight from Russia to USA with 2 short stops in Europe, when i was booking a flight there was no information that i will need Schengen Visa to stop in Europe ( i had no Idea that i need one, i didnt know what kind of visa is that... no clue...) CheapOair very quickly charged my card and i was exited about my trip!!!No notification about visa ... nothing.. I came to airport 3 hours before my flight and what a surprise!!!! they didn't let me in the plane because I was NOT AWARE of needed visa!!! Airport staff told me that i was supposed to be informed by my booking agent and suggested me to call them ... So It took me about 2 hours to get to some one!!!! and you know what gentlemen told me? " WE ARE SORRY, TRY TO CALL AIRLINE THAT YOU BOOKED WITH US !!!! " He kept saying sorry and while talking to him of course my plane started boarding... worst experience in my life!!!! Problem was not solved of course.. I headed back to hotel... paid another 100$ for a night... I had to buy another ticket going to US and I Called CheapOair again asking if my round flight back that i purchased will be active , so i could just buy new tiket to US... Guess what!!!!!!!!???? They told me that if i didn't sit on my first plane all flights that purchased together are cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I CANT USE MY RETURN FLIGHT THAT AFTER 3 WEEKS AND MY MONEY WILL BE GOING TO SOMEONES POCKET ... CHEAPOAIR ARE LIARS!!!! NEVER EVER BOOK ANYTHING THERE !!!! You might just lose your money ... just like me.. 760$ +100$ hotel gone with the wind ... all they can tell you .. "WE ARE SORRY "

kevinh175
7/10/17

I would rate CheapoAir at the highest of the list because of the excellent set up of their website and because it is so easy for me to use! I am in the military and sometimes need to make last minute flights back home to visit and CheapoAir is where I go! They find the best flights at the lowest prices with no exceptions! I flew on the largest plane I have ever been on recently and I couldn't have done it without using CheapoAir! I would like to say thank you to all those that made this possible. Thank you!!

breelynh
7/9/17

Cheapoair helped my first flying experience a great one! Your booking services are super quick and easy and I thank you very much! - Breelyn N. Hicks

anac70
7/8/17

I went to their website to book a flight from Los Angeles, to Las Vegas one year ago, after entering all my info including payment, at the end it said it did not go through, at this point I was frustrated took a screen shot where it clearly said payment did not go through, and decided to book it through a different website. A couple of days later I checked my account and the transaction was processed. When I called them they said it was not their fault, that it did go through. Good thing I took a screen shot, i asked them to give me a refund, after arguing with them for more than 2 hrs they finally decided to give me a credit. Today I try booking a flight to vegas again with the credit I have, well this is where it all begins, I was with them on the phone for 4:30hrs, they hung up on me several times, and mind you they had my phone number and I never go a call back. The last time They hung up, I called them back again for the 8th time, they sent my call to the supervisor which took him 58 minutes to answer my call and he said I needed to call the airline, I nicely explained to him that I was not going to do that because I already knew what they were going to say, because they had nothing to do with the issue, i was on the phone with him for 45 mins on top of the 58mins that I had already been waiting, at the end he tells me that I can't use the credit for the days I wanted, so I gave him different days, he then tells me I cant get all the credit that im only allowed to use part of it, i told him that I had it on the email and it clearly said how much was my credit, after him putting me on hold for another 15 minutes he said he will be giving me the full credit. After 4+hrs I finally get to book my flight, but supposedly he gave me the cheapest flight and I ended up paying a lot more. I am NEVER booking another flight with them, I hope that other people can read this and never book with them, these thieves should be out of business, I know I learned my lesson and before booking through a website I will first check their ratings, or maybe just book the flights directly with the airline.

sergiom40
7/7/17

Had an easy and pleasant experience booking online. Would definitely share with family and friends.

helenc105
7/6/17

This is the fourth time using CheapOair.com to purchase my airline tickets. It's easy and I think they have the best prices. If you ever get stuck, you can always call the customer service number and get someone in person to help you. I will be using CheapOair.com for my next trip.

arcadiar
7/6/17

Was a very relaxing fliet had no problems or concerns i would defenitly use cheapoair for any future vacations this was my first time taking a fliet

athenap2
7/6/17

I flew with Spirit airlines and it was a OK flight it was the delay That gt to me four hour delayin the summer which was very uncomfortable Waitang in airport with a bad back injury really was a bad experience

kerim10
7/6/17

I booked a flight with cheapoair for the end of May and my mother died at the beginning of May. I called them to let them know that I would not need to fly anymore and they helped me get my money refunded. They were very helpful and checked in to make sure that the airlines had refunded the money. They made a very difficult time more bearable

starlinr
7/5/17

Booked a flight for my son who goes to West Point. The only bad thing is if you want to flight change times which I often do since his orders get changed around. They can't help you. You have to call the Airlines directly. They could make it easier for our Military. Ticket prices are cheap though!

Helpful answer

I would not use Cheapo under any circumstances. Look at the 698 (!) complaints at the Better Business Bureau website. They hide under the name Fareportal, which is the parent company.

By David L. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Its is a real agency but not a good one. They book unavailable fligjts and then you have to call and go thru several people to make sure they dont charge you. DONT USE THEM. Book thru other sites or airlines themselves.

By Donna S. on 3/29/16
Helpful answer

I have used Cheap Air many times over the years and have NEVER (knock on wood) had ANY issues with security. In addition I just print off my confirmation and my ticket has ALWAYS been there. Planning on booking another trip next month! Very happy with my experience with them!

By Darlene T. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

they are good but there policies are not good

By Terrance J. on 7/18/15
Helpful answer

It is 24 hrs but I would suggest not to buy ticket on their website. There are many hidden aspects in their tickets and hence they can sell it at lower prices but yu might end up spending more eventually. I suffered myself recently and had to buy a new ticket for my travel as they gave me a bad ticket.

By Shrikant B. on 6/29/15
Helpful answer

I disagree with Catherine F. My confirmation was not sent immediately, it took about 15-20 minutes, but they will send one.

By Miles S. on 4/30/15
Helpful answer

I have been trying to get a hold of a representative to change my flight time & none of my calls event go thru --what # are you calling?

By darina b. on 8/11/16
Helpful answer

Bad experience with CheapOAir trying to get a refund on a ticket (no luck). Actually found a cheaper ticket through expedia.com and tried canceling the CheapOAir ticket 30 minutes after booking. No deal. Will not use them again for anything. Beware!

By Mark D. on 6/1/15
Helpful answer

I agree with the above. Call CheapOAir customer service. I have used them several times and they have been very helpful.

By Melanie G. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

In case you have selected "flexible dates" and you do not reply to the email they send you within 24 hours they will end up choosing and buying with your credit card another ticket for you. That is simply not correct. The buyer should have always the last word if they use your credit card.

By Barragues A. on 4/15/15
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other customers.

9 Photos for CheapOair