Review of CheapOair

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

samanthac87
5/27/17

When I went to confirm my flight, the seat price had gone up $100. I said I didn't want it and the customer service rep said I would have to pay a $50 fee for a ticket I never confirmed. What A SCAM!!!!!!! I will never do business with them again. CROOKS!

bernadetten5
5/27/17

I like this web,find that was easy to buy and also the discount.may my purchase easy .the best is when you get a phone call from their customers service to check how was your flight and the process of buying

alvina27
5/26/17

Customer service on this site work at it's best, and travel system organization is the best relief for a free-headache traveling

pachicac
5/26/17

My travel with cheapoair a few weeks ago was comfortable. The boarding process ran smoothly and it wasn't chaotic.

latinaw
5/25/17

I was very impressed easy connection my flights where on time great customer service will always book future flights thru you

hongl7
5/24/17

I love this company, they provide the best service and it is fast to get the result, I trust the service.

joser113
5/24/17

I had a good experience booking my flight on CheapOair.it was very convenient and affordable.I would recommend it to everyone out there that wants to save cash and have and easy way to book anything. Thank you cheapOair for your great service.

maryams7
5/24/17

I always purchase my flights from Cheapoair and have been their customer for years. Very happy with rates and customer service support. Once in middle of booking the flight was sold out and I was contacted by customer service immediately offering me help to book my flight which I was surprised and didn't expect that. Highly recommend them.

anam139
5/24/17

Okay, after reading the very first page of comments, it really didn't look too good; but then they were few likers. I decided to take my chances. As I was online on this page I decided to give them a call and the 1st guy told me the higher price than it was mentioned on the page so I hung up on him and did it online by myself and called them just to be sure everything was good. I spoke with Alin and this guy was awesome, clear and kind, he also helped me booking safe seats for my parents. Hopefully I will not try to cancel anything to avoid the suckers.(Scams).

Tip for consumers: try to do everything online so that you do not have to give them your card information cause many are there to steal. Call for help if need to but doing it online is more secured to me than talking to some douche bags.

johns1772
5/24/17

I have done enough traveling to know that you do not, use any of these online sites, whether it be Cheapo Air, Trivago, or which other site it may be. Many of these sites are owned by other sites. What happens is that hotels give a commission or whatever. However, the hotel does not recognize you as on of their guests, and as a result, many times you are not entitled to the same amenities of their other guests. And airlines are the same way, and you will be one of the first to be bumped.

I am a photographer and travel a bit. It is always best to go to a recognized travel agency, one that is big. As hotels and airlines do not want to fool with these agencies, as it can mean their reputation. Spend a bit more money and have a piece of mind. Another piece of advice: Do same homework yourself. Look up flights and hotels and go to the travel agency armed with this info.

dinat5
5/23/17

#warning #cheapoair are #crooks a #scam #notcheap #fraud Why did I book a #flight with them, and they put the cheaper price on top of the list. Naturally, I choose the cheaper deal. When I check the confirmation email, the dates are all wrong. I called to find out what happened, and they said its some flexible date bs. I never asked for a flexable date. They have the nerve to #charge 50 dollars to make changes. #neveragain #keepyourmoney

alman5
5/23/17

CheapOair is very recommendable site..You can find everything you are looking for an affordable tickets, etc...your vacation or business trip...I book my ticket without any problems and its very easy...I do recommends to my friends and family..

hv10
5/23/17

I booked a flight with this website for work related business. The next day I was informed that I needed to extend my trip by one day. I immediately called to change the date of my return flight by one day, they wanted to charge me over $100 dollars to do it. Keep in mind my trip was still a week away. The customer service agent that was helping had such a strong indian accent I could barely understand him. I told him I didn't think that was right, especially because my flight was still a week away. SO then he offered to drop the fee to $75. I wish I had done my research previous to booking through this company because all the reviews I have currently read are all negative! Beware!!! Don't use this company!

chasitym3
5/22/17

Cheapoair is my go-to search engine when looking for flights. It's easy to use and always seems to be the most efficient. The few times I've been on the phone with a representative I've been thoroughly impressed with how quick, friendly and willing they are to help.

naomib29
5/22/17

I have booked with cheapoair many times and they never fail me, with great service and cheap results.

anthonyl94
5/22/17

Booked a flight from Las Vegas to Nashville. I had to cancel the flight because,through their error, they booked the flight with a terrible layover in Denver without giving me the opportunity to confirm this and approve it. After seeing the mistake in my itinerary, I called their customer service!!! BIG MISTAKE! I get a rep who has a very thick Indian accent and whom I can barely understand (Is it impossible anymore to get someone with a clear speaking voice and who can speak proper English?) and I tell him I need to cancel the reservation. He said, in broken English that it was non refundable because it was not within 24 hours. WRONG!! I told him it was booked less than 30 minutes prior to the phone call. Realizing I was telling the truth, he then said I would have to pay a $50.00 cancellation fee. I was appalled and told him, politely, that it was very unjust. His response: Absolute silence. He didn't even offer an apology. It was their mistake in the booking when they automatically put me on a different flight than the one I had booked. And this happened before the confirmation! I told him all of that but he either pretended NOT TO UNDERSTAND owas TRYING TO SCAM me. I believe the latter. They sent me a confirmation email with the cancellation, which I finally had to agree to pay the $50.00 cancellation fee because I got tired of dealing with his "no care attitude". Word to the wise: Do not use Cheap O Air because they will nickel and dime you to death and make errors which you have to pay for; when you try to get the matter rectified, you get poor customer service who will scam you and not listen to you!

main124
5/21/17

I originally typed the departure date that I wanted and chose the airline, CheapOair system automatically changed the departure date to offer a cheaper fare but without a proper notification so you can clearly notice that it is a different departure date. Not until I completed the booking then I saw a large departure date appeared on the confirmation page. I tried unsuccessfully to cancel it. Unable to call customer service, I went on live chat, they told me that I have to pay $70CAD for changing the date. It's only 5 mins after finishing my booking but they don't change it unless I have to pay for penalty and they told me the date that I wanted is more expensive, almost double the one that I've already paid.

mingcongz
5/21/17

they charge $75 for any cancellation even within 24 hours. The agent put false information in my air ticket. When I asked them to change, they want to charge $50 from me!! be careful about this kind scam business!!

geetac1
5/20/17

I was denied onboarding to air Canada with ticket booked via CheapoAir. CheapoAir blamed on airline and airline on cheapoAir travel agency. I didn't got any refund ticket money as both are redirecting to each other. Cheapoair say's that they are agent and has earn only 10$ so they can't help with refund whereas airline is saying that this is booked via ChapoAir travel agency and they should discuss & not customer. Very Bad & pathetic service from Cheapo..
Please avoid booking via Cheapoair and recommend for direct or go to expedia.

jaclynu1
5/19/17

This is the second time this issue has happened to me. I put in the dates of my trip and they give me plane flights that are not on my requested dates. At this time since I put in the dates I am looking for the proper time, I am not necessarily rechecking the dates. I purchase my tickets and realize after that I bought the ticket on a different date then the one I requested. I make a phone call to change my plane ticket so I can fly out on my original date requested. They agent changes my ticket and tells me the insurance will be provided to me at no charge. The agent also doesn't tell me that there is a change ticket fee of $35. The next day I get an e-mail stating that Cheap Air was having a hard time charging my credit card for an additional amount. I call them and the agent fowards me the invoice. I realize I was charged $10 for the insurance (the insurance I was told I was not going to be billed) and $35 for change ticket charge (a charge I was not informed about). I tell the agent I don't want to pay for the change ticket fee because they give me the wrong dates and I wasn't told about the fee change. Then I asked for the insurance to be taken off. I realized that the original agent promised me that he would give me the insurance free of charge so I wanted to dispute this as well. I was told by the agent that he had no authority to take action on my requests and that he would forward my requests to his manager who would call me back between 2 and 4 hours. I waited 4 hours and never got a return phone call. I had to call them back. I am now waiting for a manager to listen to my initial phone call to verify the items I stated. I have been told that it will take another 4-5 days to get a phone call back from a manager to take action on my request. I don't recommend Cheap Air to any customer. They don't provide you flights for the dates they request, they charge you for insurance they proposed would be free, then they charge you $35 for a change fee that they don't tell you about, then they say they will call you back and they don't call you back within the time period proposed, then they make you wait longer for a decision. Horrible customer service and business plan.

mc598
5/19/17

This company charges cancellation fees which are outrageous and they take 7 to 14 days to refund your money! Most airlines allow free cancellation within 24 hours. Same for competitive companies.
What's worse is that they are not transparent about this. They advertise "24 hour cancellation" with an information icon beside it which does not explicitly say or have a link to what the fees are. They have the fees hidden under Legal in the front page of the website.
And to top it off, they have terrible customer service to request a cancellation/refund.
Don't use them!

derpd4
5/18/17

This is the worst travel site on the internet... not even worth my time to type this... save yourself the trouble go with anyone else.

saran72
5/17/17

Such a scam!!!! Dozens of flights are listed on the site. I selected and attempted to purchase at least 8, it would say flight gone. Ok maybe I type slow BUT when it "would" go through it would say "Select CardID" which is not an option by the way. After that it would say sorry flight no longer available again... OK maybe I buy that (highly unlikely but lets give them the benefit of the doubt). THEN a representative calls me (coincidentally) and says oh we see you are trying to book a flight, let me help you. Thanks that is great! WELLL not really because they cant see any of the flights I want, only flights for 10X the amount listed on the site. When I call the rep out on this he fumbles his words and knew he was caught. I will be blocking all of the emails and phone calls and never going on the site again and I HIGHLY suggest you do the same.

noahl23
5/17/17

This flight booking agency charges a $50 (domestic) or $75 (international) cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours. Most airlines allow free cancellation within 24 hours and most of the other flight booking agencies also allow free cancellation within 24 hours. Go to a different flight booking agency.

garyw106
5/17/17

All positive reviews are fake. Do not use this service. You have been warned. Stay away. Stay away. Stay away. Stay away.

75 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/1/15
on 5/11/15
on 4/15/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other customers.

9 Photos for CheapOair