Review of CheapOair

135 W 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, NY 10020

nancyb241
9/20/17

We did not ask for their help booking a Spirit Airlines flight, but clicked on a link that took us to their TRAP ... while the flight was correct, we did not need third party intervention and by the time I realized they were involved they had already made the purchase on our behalf and added in an inflated baggage expense plus fee. We NEVER GAVE AUTHORIZATION to them to finalize the purchase (and I had removed the bags items). When I called them to say as much, they were flippant. Of course, I could cancel but they would charge me $50 cancellation fee - it's in the fine print, you know! FRAUDULENT and deceitful business practices. I will never choose to do business with these people. CheapSeats.com & DiscountHotels.com are names the BBB also has associated with them. WK Travel, Inc. appears as a registered trademark in their email to us and KAYAK and Travelocity come up in a google search of that company... what a racket! Best to deal directly through a registered agent or contact the carriers on your own.

denised95
9/19/17

I have tried to book with CheapOair 3 times.They canceled twice claiming the price went up.The third time I booked and got a email I called them,they first told me the card was declined,then the air fare went up and they couldn't keep the price,offer me the same flight $300 more than the original price.I told them I don't want the tickets with the new price.I then went to a different company and bought the tickets.Next day I received a email from CHEAPOAIR saying my flights were confirmed.When I called and explained what was going on,they told me I was cancelling and was subject to the airline polices.They ask me to confirm I was cancelling and sign over a email saying that.I am still trying not to pay the airline fee and this is taking me days,on top of that the agents don't speak enough English to understand you.THEY ARE RUNNING A SCAM,DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM EVER!!!!

nickz2
9/18/17

Horrible company, deceptive pricing, sneaking in fees, bogus pricing structure on the email conformation, charging for what you did authorize.

They hide everything under Terms and conditions. They do not operate like everyone else, stay away

paulaa45
9/17/17

Unfortunately last April I booked a flight with this people to fly from London to Rome in Italy. I even called them to make sure that baggage was included in the tickets price and they said it was. On the 6th of September at the airport check in I had a bitter surprise: the luggage was not included and I ended up paying a total of £82 for two luggages we had! Obviously when in Rome I needed to call the airline we used, Alitalia, and pay again in order to have our luggage sorted for the returning flight...About £50!
I sent CheapOair an e-mail plus another message as feedback but no reply! I will try to call them on the phone but my feeling is that I am going to be very rude because that is what they deserve! I am thinking to call the watchdogs to try to get my money back! They are there to con people! Disgusting! My honest advice is to STAY AWAY from them!

sruthij
9/15/17

My husband and I booked 2 international flights on Sept 14th night for flights in Feb. We got an email in the afternoon of Sept 15th letting us to know that we need to call them. They informed us that the flights are not confirmed and that we should change our dates. They told us that there is not flight from Toronto to Detroit on the date that we were returning (it was a part of our journey back) and that we would have to wait 20 hours. I checked the website and the flight was still showing up on the website for that date. If there is no flight on the date that we booked, then there should not be showing imaginary flights on the website. On top of that, we were told to pay $150 cancellation fees when we didn't even want to cancel. The best option that they gave us is flights for another day and charged us $159 extra. Clearly, Cheap-o-air is trying to make money out of people by scamming them through false advertisement. What a disgrace, should have stuck to kayak and priceline which showed us the same options for the same price.

ebrahimh
9/15/17

I have booked long journey with CheapOair, all have ruined by them. For example they will SUSPEND without any notifications and when you call them they will do nothing for you since they capture the money in thier hand. In simple words you gone lose your money.

babazis
9/13/17

First they charged me extra on my credit card with extra charges they can not explain They changed my flight in my package and left me without a hotel for a night . They would not cancel the package and the trip costed me much more than if I had done the flight and hotel separately . They ruined my whole vacation . DO NPT BOOK WITH THEM . You have been warned .

halieh
9/13/17

Terrible. Don't ever book a flight through cheapoair.. I had an awful experience, they don't tell you when they are going to charge your card and to get ahold of them you are on hold for hours. NEVER BOOK THROUGH THEM.

richardm291
9/13/17

We had three flights booked into Tampa a few days after hurricane Irma. I was able to cancel all of the hotels and the car rental with no fees. As of the date of the flight Tampa and surrounding areas still have widespread power outages and gas shortages. Travel agent was not very friendly or helpful. The tickets cost $1300 and after charges and change fees the agent was only able to return $650. Lesson learned. Going forward I'll book my tickets directly with the airlines.

garyh188
9/11/17

I booked a ticket for $380 with preferred seating. I was in a rush and clicked the cheapest ticket I saw. Turns out it was a two week trip instead of my three day trip. Totally my fault, I should have paid attention. I followed on and attempted to book a rental car and that is where I noticed my mistake. I instantly called and after quite a bit of useless conversation, I was told I would have to pay fifty dollars to cancel. I accepted since it was my mistake and did it. Problem solved. The day before the messed up trip they decided to book for me I received a confirmation email about my upcoming flight. I called and explained that I had cancelled, they did not agree. Long story short I paid $380 for the flight with extras, received a $233 voucher, with a $200 rebooking fee and was charged the $50 cancellation fee. Math doesn't add up. They then "accidentally" triple charged the cancellation fee and called me letting me know I would get back the accidental $100 extra fee in ten to fourteen business days. Never use them, I asked for managed to no avail. They are atrocious.

mahdim16
9/10/17

I booked tickets for my family of three, and because of Trump ban my family had to cancel their trip. Okay, my bad, no one else should pay for this but me... because CheapoAir explained very politely that they should generate revenue for their owners and although this was out of my hands, but they will get their cancellation fees up to the last cent. But what they did? They not only just refunded only a part of the initial payment (refunded around $1940 out of $2400), but they also incurred another $500 charge to my account, and their explanation was that one is for CheapoAir and one is for the airline! They never tell you there are such fees in advance. And it was quite negotiable, i.e. the manager decided to give me a $50 relief on these fees! Totally unreasonable people and irresponsible so-called managers.

yukia2
9/10/17

Horrible customer service!!!!!!!!! Very rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this site is still exist!!!!!!! Just stay away!!!!!!!!

customerc19
9/9/17

Cheapoair is like a scam on their website about CANCELLATION POLICY. Beware people because you will see "Book with Confidence 24. Hour Cancellation Policy" ( FINE PRINT) but when you book the flight and you want to cancel it even in 5 minutes after you booked and want to cancel it they will charge you $75.00 per person. I've been a customer of Cheapoair but now this company is horrible trying to make money from people.
Also, the customer service in INDIA CALL CENTERs are HORRIBLE, RUDE and GREEDY of FEES $. I called directly the Airline Company and they said they can cancel the flight anytime as long as within 24 hours.
I will never ever book any flight to Cheapoair. It's a Nightmare!

cassandrag17
9/8/17

YOU may never get a refund if you need to cancel. They will leave you on hold and never answer your call. Book directly with the airline.

ml184
9/8/17

Booked an international flight with one foreign connecting flight before destination - I did not pay enough attention that the connecting flight in a foreign location (including getting in/out custom borders and security and check-in) is only 1hr 45min - NEVER thought that could even be possible to exist as an option for an International-domestic long haul flight.

Call #1, called the morning after booking (flight booked midnight local time), waved $65 difference fee but paid $125 for service for changing an international flight - because the change was made after 4 hours of booking - I took it as an lessons learned.

Call #2, called after one day of change above - the 2nd email with e-ticket # confirmed - the change was not made and all flight were the same as when I first booked it. Service say they can either refund me or I pay a whopping $300+ dollars to change the same one an-hour-and-half flight (that's half of the original entire round trip fare by the way), and the reason it wasn't done in the first place is because when the first service staff said $65 difference fee the airline company didn't put it thru and yes fares changes (5x apparently) overnight. I demanded a full refund. He said the 4th or 5th time "let me see what I can do for you" and reduced the fee down to $60+. I had to take it as there are other connecting flights I have booked to actually get to final destination because I couldn't find a good flight option from start to end on their site in the first place.

NEVER book from this place ever again.

garye49
9/7/17

Had to cancel my flight because of hurricane Irma and they would not refund my ticket. If I had booked directly through airline I would have received a credit.

tonyc156
9/7/17

they added a hidden fee, and their customer service is horrible. on hold for half an hour and every time i spoke to someone, they just transferred me to someone else. stay away!

jordank52
9/7/17

They took advantage of Hurricane Irma hitting Florida. The travel dates changed when redirected to their site. Tried to cancel within minutes of booking and got charged with a big cancellation fee. Zero empathy and sympathy for people in an emergency

zacharyt13
9/6/17

I booked a flight for my sister in law and brother out of the Bahamas to JFK. Hurricane Irma is going to hit the east cost so they want to get out ASAP. While booking the flight I mistyped my sister in laws first name. I thought no big deal I will call and have them change it. I first called JetBlue who informed me that I would need to call cheap o air. I called and waited on hold for over 16 minutes then the phone just hung up. I called back, 6 minutes later, same thing. I called to "book reservations" and a person picked up right away. After explaining that I need to change a name he said he had to transfer me. 20 minutes later and I am finally speaking with a "customer service rep". I then again explain the simple mistake of spelling my sister in laws first name wrong and how I need it changed. I am quickly told that it will be $75 to change the name! I said no, I am only changing the spelling, not the person, not the date, not the airline; just the spelling. His response was yes, it will be $75 for me to make that change for You! This company is a joke and a sorry excuse for customer service.

terryp68
9/6/17

Tried to book a flight on this site for a flight to San Francisco, however the site defaulted the return flight via Los Angeles which I had specifically asked for nonstop flights. very time I called to "once they heard what I was calling for" they would tell me that they are transferring the call to a supervisor, have me on hold for over 30 minutes and hang up. I was finally able to talk to someone who would listen and not transfer me - after telling them what happened, they told me i had to pay almost 400 USD for the change which by the way was more the round trip ticket, so had to use only one way and buy another ticket for return. Another thing I noticed is the site advertises one price and once you start the reservation process the price jumps up considerably. NEVER USE THIS SITE!!!

davyl9
9/5/17

I booked an international ticket for $404. Unfortunately my mother could not go on the scheduled time. After speaking with several people and getting additional charges, I was only able to recover $80. The rest was lost due to fees etc. I was very upset and will never use CheapOair again. Their customer service is terrible and you can't understand them since it is handled in a foreign country.

heh11
9/3/17

"Sit together": No notification about sub fee
Then, type in your billing info, then book

Ok, 300 more dollars were added to your expense.

Sorry, no cancellation.

Totally scam.

davida112
9/1/17

Today 9/1/2017 My wife and I went online to this site to find a ticket to go from Cleveland Ohio to Manila Philippines; we could not get assigned seats so we called their toll free number and got a agent who assured us we would be sitting next to each other on each connecting flight and we were assured the seats would be the ones we asked for; that is why I paid for the ticket! When we received the email ticket the seats were unassigned. Cheapoair said they wanted to charge us a $50.00 cancellation fee for each ticket total of $100.00. I asked for a supervisor who offered to charge us $50.00 only but I complained that I was lied to so he said we would not have to pay the cancellation fee at all. Then I received a email from Cheapoair for the refund which they say will take up to two weeks! It does not guarantee me the total refund. I am calling at the moment with their password. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! This is more than just a inconvenience to me. The risk of losing my money, the fact that they lied to me and the DELAY that we will have to wait for our money in order to buy a ticket at a reputable agent... Here is a transcript of the email I was sent:

"This is not a confirmation that your ticket is refundable or will be refunded. After we've received your One Time Password (OTP), our team will review the policies of the airline and make a refund determination.

Dear David Ambrose,

We've received your cancellation request for booking (#44718217) for passenger(s):

Name :Liezel Gervacio
Name :David Ambrose

Your cancellation is NOT COMPLETE. Before your cancellation can be processed, you must either:

Visit Our Website: Our self-help tool will guide you through the cancellation process by using the link and one-time password provided below.

Call Customer Care: A representative will ask you for a one-time password in order to complete your cancellation. Your one-time password is provided below. Call us at:

Within U.S. 866.636.9088 toll free 24/7

Outside U.S. +1.212.478.0335

Once you've completed your cancellation, you will be eligible for a potential refund of $2696.62, subject to validation and approval from the airline(s). You will receive a confirmation of the final amount within 24 hours . Please note, the original service fee remains non-refundable.

A $0.00 cancellation fee will be charged on the account you provided, once the cancellation is confirmed.

While we make every attempt to credit your refund to you as quickly as possible, in some cases it may take up to two billing cycles to reflect on your bank statement.

CheapOair.com Customer Service

Customer Service
One Time Password (OTP):###### .
Please provide the agent with your OTP to cancel your booking.
Your OTP will expire in 3 hours
You can click here to complete the cancellation online."

As you can see, there is no guarantee I will get all my money back! This agency lies and I have no trust for them, I suggest you never use these people! They tell you that they give you their word and then when you get their response it is DIFFERENT than what they have said. In this instance I was told I would get ALL MY MONEY BACK! As you can see from what I was sent, this may not be true!
DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE

caitlynk1
8/31/17

First my trip got switched at checkout from what I had asked for & when I called to try to switch it (2 hours later when I saw my confirmation email) the phone service continued to hang up on me ever 5-7 minutes without connecting to an agent and this went on for over an hour! I talked to 3 different people all of which refused to put me on with a supervisor, one threatened to cancel my entire trip and another straight up hung up on me. Then I'm looking right at the fare that was the same for tols I had to pay a fee! I asked to speak to a supervisor again & was once again stone walked. This was back in June. Well guess what I just got a phone call from a supervisor saying how sorry she was for my experience 3 MONTHS LATER!! Well Fatima I told you I was going to let everyone know how crappy your customer service was here you go! Could you imagine 3 months later being told "oh I will speak to the agent about what transpired". NEVER BOOK THIS SITE EVER!

tarah60
8/30/17

I called to change my flight and was told to rebook the same flight for the times I would like and to call in again to cancel the previous flight without paying a fee.

This was the most unethical business practices I have ever experienced. I was on the phone for 45 minutes with three different employees where I was accused of making up the initial phone call and instructions given to me by a Cheapoair rep. I was accused of lying and fabricating the initial phone call because the rep never noted my account.

I was not only forced into a change fee but then insisted that the airfare had increased during our time on the phone (not reflected on Cheapoair's site or the airline's direct website). The supervisor refused to pull the recorded call (where I was instructed to book a second flight to avoid a change fee), beginning with that they don't record every call and ending after 15 minutes of debating with they do record the calls but it would take over 24 hours to find and listen to (despite having exact times and lengths of calls- less than a 2 minute call by the way). After 24 hours, changing the reservation is no longer an option and would be set in stone. I had to explain to the supervisor that these are the most unethical business practices I have ever heard of and that my arm was being twisted in every direction in order to pay this fee which I was promised to be avoided in the first place.

I finally insisted on pulling a call recording or I would report them to the BBB and only then did the supervisor say he could do so. I was promised a same-day callback, which I shockingly did not receive. I actually didn't receive any call ever. It took 5 emails and three weeks to receive the refund I deserved.

Never ever working with them again. If I had specific names (could not understand any names through heavy accents), I would gladly supply them so they can be properly trained in customer service. I have never been so frustrated with any business.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Helpful answer

I would not use Cheapo under any circumstances. Look at the 698 (!) complaints at the Better Business Bureau website. They hide under the name Fareportal, which is the parent company.

By David L. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Its is a real agency but not a good one. They book unavailable fligjts and then you have to call and go thru several people to make sure they dont charge you. DONT USE THEM. Book thru other sites or airlines themselves.

By Donna S. on 3/29/16
Helpful answer

I have used Cheap Air many times over the years and have NEVER (knock on wood) had ANY issues with security. In addition I just print off my confirmation and my ticket has ALWAYS been there. Planning on booking another trip next month! Very happy with my experience with them!

By Darlene T. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

they are good but there policies are not good

By Terrance J. on 7/18/15
Helpful answer

It is 24 hrs but I would suggest not to buy ticket on their website. There are many hidden aspects in their tickets and hence they can sell it at lower prices but yu might end up spending more eventually. I suffered myself recently and had to buy a new ticket for my travel as they gave me a bad ticket.

By Shrikant B. on 6/29/15
Helpful answer

I disagree with Catherine F. My confirmation was not sent immediately, it took about 15-20 minutes, but they will send one.

By Miles S. on 4/30/15
Helpful answer

I have been trying to get a hold of a representative to change my flight time & none of my calls event go thru --what # are you calling?

By darina b. on 8/11/16
Helpful answer

Bad experience with CheapOAir trying to get a refund on a ticket (no luck). Actually found a cheaper ticket through expedia.com and tried canceling the CheapOAir ticket 30 minutes after booking. No deal. Will not use them again for anything. Beware!

By Mark D. on 6/1/15
Helpful answer

I agree with the above. Call CheapOAir customer service. I have used them several times and they have been very helpful.

By Melanie G. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

In case you have selected "flexible dates" and you do not reply to the email they send you within 24 hours they will end up choosing and buying with your credit card another ticket for you. That is simply not correct. The buyer should have always the last word if they use your credit card.

By Barragues A. on 4/15/15
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other customers.

13 Photos for CheapOair