Review of Cabela's Canada

East Winnipeg, MB R2C 4S2, Canada
Tel: 1-800-265-6245

curtisr18
5/19/17

I had a horrible experience ordering online from Cabela's as I thought I was getting a good deal on some ammunition when in fact I was getting ripped off. When I checked my credit card transactions I saw two seperate charges from Cabella's and when I called to inquire about the second charge they lied and said I would only be charged for the first amount. It seems that there was a hidden fee to ship ammo that was not mentioned at all by customer service and I kept being redirected by online support and finally when I was told they could not help and had to call customer service I was told I could not cancel the order at this point even though I was told my credit card was only pre authorized and my order was not fully processed yet. After all I had been through I did not want to give any business to Cabella's. The bottom line is don't purchase anything from this horrible company when there are so many more options found online and even other outdoor supply retailers to choose from.

dalep30
1/19/17

Cabela's in Ottawa is poorly stocked - why have a store if there's no stock and customers have to order online ?
Baffin Titan boots - only size 7 & 14 in the store since 2 months ago - this week they go on sale, and still only size 7 & 14 ... snow camo ?? all sold out by Jan.1 ... we use & need snow camo in Ottawa up until May 1 !!!
Sales clerk suggested I order a snow camo parka and boots online - what size should I order ? THAT's what shopping in a bricks & mortar store is all about ! : trying the stuff on and buying the right size !!!

As for the person who complained they only received the sale price reimbursement for a 2 month old return without the sales receipt : are you serious ? do think that's how a business should be managed ? taking VISA statements as a receipt ! LOL !

shawnm81
1/16/17

From my experience it doesn't get any slower then this. Its pretty bad when you can get items shipped out of south east US by USPS to western Canada arrive at your residence before Cabelas can even get your items pulled and sent. I guess I should have expected as it was a FREE shipping promotion. If you want to prevent a 2 week wait pony up for the expedited shipping or pick up in store.

shawnn25
12/16/16

I placed a order on November 25th for a 10 tray dehydrator. The sale started only hours before. Didn't show out of stock or anything like that. Like other items did. So my money was taken and waited 2 weeks and still not shipped. So I called. They told me it would be out by Friday. So I waited. The next person said I wouldn't recieve it till January because there waiting for another shipment. Then the 3rd said it was discontinued and they can't send me one. I said they show stock in Ottawa and they replied they can't remove items from stores to be shipped. So they offered me another dehydrator and offered to take $10 off and ship it rushed. Yet the one I ordered was $130 off. So then he offered rush shipping. I just said again if it wasn't for your company lieing to me. I could of had one by now. 3 stories from 3 people. Do they even have a clue what there doing or talking about? Then offered to cancel my order and send me a $20 gift certificate. How generous after me waiting for this as a Christmas present for someone only days till Christmas. Plus almost a month later. How convenient and considerate of them. Not to mention my first order. Good first impression and customer service cabelas.

frankk57
11/4/16

I recently purchase a hunting rifle (Ottawa Cabela's) I provided the firearms acquisition card as requested, the sales clerk left with it to a back room for some time. When I questioned him what he was doing, he indicated that he had to call the RCMP to verify and register it. Why would Cabela's do that since the previous government cancelled the rifle/shotgun registry and ordered all records erased, is this something new ?

tonys133
7/28/16

I had one of the worst customer service experience. Over a month ago,I placed an important on line order which i purchased with gift cards. I prefer shooting with gift cards, after customer service person took my order we double checked items in stock gift cards validated and all is well. Several weeks later no sign of my order called in they told me that the items were out of stock!!. And they should of mentioned it but they did not mention not only did they not mention it but they confirmed in stock when they took my order.. Their Web site show available, items but they are not available it looks like they take orders knowing items are not in stock cash grab. Two weeks later call back to get my order information and now the excuse is that they had a issue with gift cards They took my order and validated them 3 weeks ago!!!. So we recheck my gift cards and all is good still no items in stock. I asked to speak with a supervisor since i was getting the run around. The supervisor was not available and they will call me no sign of life from supervisor called back and was told that their policy to speak with a supervisor we need to wait 24 to 48 hours.WOW what service..... i am still waiting. Save yourself the trouble do not order on line from Cabelas Canada... worst experience ever.......

cassa134
11/14/15

This is a review of Cabela Canada's policies. No idea what they may be like in the US, but this was my experience here. I have recently gotten in to hunting with my husband, and we just happened to be up in Barrie for a wedding in August. Which had to mean a trip to Cabela's! I was so excited to visit the retailer because of everything I had been looking at online. This is quite a trek for us, probably about 2.5 hours, so I wasn't getting there often.

Because I am new to the sport, I needed to buy A LOT of stuff. We spent a considerable amount that day, including on brand new cold weather gear for deer hunting for me. I loved the look of the OutfitHER line! It's just gotten cold enough to use it, and I had it on the other day for the first time. Huge disappointment! I might as well have been wearing plastic bags and banging pots together for how loud the material was. Not something I noticed in store because of how loud the store was.

When we called Cabela's about returning, because my husband was driving up that way, they told us we had three months from the purchase date. We were within that period, but that is still a bit of a short time considering the store sells product that you might buy in the spring but can't use until the winter hunt.

Either way, my husband took it back , tags and all, today. He didn't have the receipt, but did have our credit card statement from the purchase, again as well as the original tags.

Where the disappointment comes in. Cabela's is currently having a sale on this gear. So they only returned the amount of the sale price, not the full price purchase! Despite the fact this is a return for product dissatisfaction, and we clearly spent much higher on the product, the policy of Cabela's would not return at full price. The worst part was we only wanted store credit so I could turn around and purchase new gear, which was more expensive even then the full price of my original suit. And I would have spent the additional money to get the new product.

Now I do not even have enough to come close to the purchase of my new product. Because of this experience I will most definitely only use the store credit down to the cent, and will not be returning to Cabela's for gear in the future. Bass Pro has a much better return policy, as does SAIL, a Canadian outfitter.

Hugely disappointed by the poor policy

robm66
9/9/15

Don"t order online placed a order on Aug 25 said in stock online. Did a follow up yesterday Sept 9 to find out that it was back ordered. Call customer service lady said she would try and find one at another store and email me to let me know guess what no email.. Called again today after I located one in a store. Told another service rep the story she said she would check and call me guees what no call. I have purchased a few thousand worth of stuff from Cabelas and not the first time I have had problems. I will not be buying from the again it is not worth the headache

kk88
8/19/15

Okay my experience! I ordered an item that was supposed to be free shipping. Received the item to discover that I was charged $40 shipping. Called the "hot line", was put on hold for 20 mikes until a $#*!y guy named Steve came on saying " ya what's your problem?" I informed Steve of the scenario and he informed me that they (Cabalas) would send me a $20 dollar gift card for their store as and I quote "it will cost us money to credit your card so we don't do that". Does anyone see a problem with this? After much debate with another "service rep" yaw right, service...I saw a $20 return on my CrCd and they cancelled the gift card. I have kept all the e-mail transcript and for training and customer service purposes may have recorded the phone transactions. I will always be the first to give a thumbs up to good service and a blast for bad....but it does not seem to matter to BIG companies anymore. Will not be doing business with this company or recommend it in the future. One star because I got some money back, thanks. Cheers

melissap27
2/3/15

Stay away from ordering online from Cabelas! This is a warning to everyone that they will rip you off! I used to order tons of items, did most of my Christmas shopping with them and now I will never purchase from them again.
An item I ordered and paid for was back ordered so I decided to wait for the item. While waiting they have charged me 2 additional times (this totals 3 times I've paid for this one item) and it has been nothing but a battle to get my money back. They have informed me that this item was discontinued... so why do they charge me continuously for this item?! They keep telling me its a "pre authorization fee" ... why do you need pre authorization for an item I already paid for when I placed my original order and an item that I am not going to be receiving because its discontinued?! I am so disappointed with them. I was also told on the phone that they would get a manager to contact me with a resolution to this issue as it was in fact their error and its now been 5 days and I have not heard a word.

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Cabela's Canada staff and other customers.

Cabela's Canada?