Review of Badoo

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

anthonyg110
3/23/17

Badoo is a paradise for scammers and you will really have to invest a lot of time and patience until you find any real girls. But sometimes it can be well worth it. I have met several nice girls on Badoo but always use your common sense. Also keep in mind that it can be very useful and smart to us emore than one dating site at a time. Mingle2day is absolutely fantastic and well worth trying, I have used Mate1 too and it seems to be ok too. Just try to figure out which site you like the best.

danielm316
3/23/17

They only offer a decent service to paying members, however, if you purchase anything you are automatically subscribed to an ongoing payment. If you try to unsubscribe this will also cancel anything you have paid for. If you are unaware of the subscription which I was on at least two occasions they will refuse a refund.
Edit #1: Manel M is lying, I requested a refund without using the product and subscriptions are not optional, they do not tell you clearly that what you are paying for is a subscription (unless may be you read the terms & conditions which nobody does), and on the off chance that you notice it was a subscription, you cannot opt out without also cancelling the product you've paid for and not being given a refund.
Edit #2: I meet all of the requirements posted by Manel M, I sent a screenshot of him offering me a refund to their support team and I was refused. It was just an outright lie.

fredp56
3/19/17

I use Badoo since 2015 and paid for (lifetime) superpower.
I used Facebook account to install Badoo profile. Lately I was having login problems. And want to change my phone number. Since facebook account was used to login, I was not able to change phone number or password.
Eventually Badoo blocked my account stating that I violated their terms and conditions.
Badoo is doing monkey business.

Tip for consumers: Be carefull! Badoo will try to get your money by hook or crook!

billyl22
3/16/17

Badoo get three stars (or hearts lol) from me. Not good enough for me to give up my WeJustFit.com subscription but still worth checking out if you havent yet.

steved123
3/7/17

It was a great site years ago but has become a place for fake Nigerian scammers. Anyway, what I like about Badoo: It is so simple to use and really good enough to find a few people to go out with but if you want to find someone serious I'd pobably use Match or Mingle2day (or Chemistry and eHarmony).

chrisb346
3/4/17

No im just going cancel my account. Looks like I'm having the same problem everyone is. Fake profiles.

steveh207
2/19/17

Was'nt a bad site years ago . . . Now all you get is fake messages saying someone wants to talk to you . . . And the latest site update has made it all less user friendly . . . Using encounters now means you don't get to see where the person lives straight away . . . Plus . . . Where have all have the friends I added gone ? . . . . . The site is rubbish . . . Was Ok once

daved91
2/15/17

I joined two dating sites around mid Nov of last year as I was told it's good to use more than one to boost chances. Badoo was the obvious choice, second I went for WeJustFit.com after a friend swore by it. I'll write a review for WJF later (as it's actually my favorite of the two) but as far as match is concerned, id give it an 6.5 / 10. It's better than most and you can trust them, which is super important. But I didnt have as many dates as id hoped for and spent a lot of time waiting for replies that never came. It's worth a try but not as good as you might think.

christophers98
2/15/17

all dating sites, matching sites is scam bew careful it is bulls--- just watch out for scammers, conners etc

angiel47
2/11/17

It's such a shame people can have more than 1 profile and people not notice. Guy says his name is one thing then turns around and creates a new profile with another name and has pics of himself on both. Be careful this site is full of scammers and predators.

fuckw1
1/22/17

these pieces of $#*! charged me 12.49 x5 because i clicked on some $#*! a few times it did not $#*!ing warn me or anything $#*!ing con artist mother $#*!er. $#*!ing pig skin honkies!

normp2
1/16/17

Badoo charges large sums of money for absolutely NOTHING.

If you plan to use this app, make sure to deactivate your credit card info or simply delete it from your app settings, or you will be automatically be charged for any of their services, even if it is by mistake.

In my case, I got the usual annoying pop up, which doesn't ask you to confirm your order, you can't even press back. If you were rating multiple users on their photos and you got this pop-up all of a sudden, you might activate a transaction accidentally.

I now owe them $49.99!! Based on their terms I don't qualify for a refund.

SCAM!

kurtd27
1/14/17

It's all true DO NOT give them your card details as they will rip you off , same thing happened to me.

adelchia
1/9/17

Once they have you card details they just do whatever they want. I ask to be refunded for purchases I did not recognize, they just said no.
I say No No to Badoo.

robj39
12/13/16

I was charged for something I didn't buy and PayPal agree! Then, I had credits I didn't want on my account. Every time I went to the website to check credits, they are disappeared! To be honest, I went to this bloody Badoo website only for curiosity and they robbed my money.

philipa25
12/12/16

Badoo is a well known 'social network' and that's how I would see and use it. I know most people use it as some kind of dating site but I seriously believe that sites like Mingle2day, eHarmony or Tinder do a better job connecting singles but it is a good site for a fun chat. Just don't expect to meet anyone serous and you will be fine.

joh12093
12/7/16

I joined Badoo last month and it's been okay. Some things I love and others get on my nerves a bit. I've been using wejustfit.com for best part of a year now so im more familiar with that site and had a lot of good dates, but someone told me that adding another site to your list of memberships really helps. I can see that of course, it definitely makes good sense. Im not sure if ill keep badoo as my second subscription long term but it's fine for now.

mikem435
12/5/16

Looks like people there is fake. No interaction at all.
Worse than that, be careful when you type your card details. They go there without any concerns as the Terms and conditions specify no refunds is made.

maries89
12/1/16

I signed up for coins I never got and y'all stealing money from me everyday I checked my account y'all stealing 79 cents a day my balance was low so they even took 40 cents that was left sad my new card on the way I'll never be had again thieving $#*!es I made a police report and got copies of all tea transactions so they can track y'all down low lifes

jond79
11/26/16

I set up a profile and at some point I was charged £15.00 after paying £1.50 for a feature. I complained and I received an email saying they never refund. I didn't buy anything after that single feature.I complain to the developer and also to PayPal and they said they would do anything. I think this is the Russian way. They gave me "Coins" that have been vanishing on my account even I don't use them. So, because this website is based in Russia they do anything they want! Apparently, yes!

nickm109
11/22/16

Dont get why people complain about this site. Sure, it's not as good as some of the lesser known sites like WeJustFit but still, it can get you results if you play things patiently and dont expect to find the woman of your dreams in five minutes. Sure theyre a big company with big advertising budgets but you still have to make an effort. I mean come on, guys, love takes time! In my experience and ive been dating online for a long time now, you get what you put in.

lisab286
11/18/16

So Ive been on this site maybe three weeks and out of the three I've tried so far this one has the best looking guys and the ones most capable of stringing a sentence together. It really is for casual dates no matter how many men say they're looking for a relationship lol it doesn't seem to be that kind of site. At least the majority of photos are clear and pretty good quality and so far all but one of the twenty or so Ive met have looked exactly like their photos. The men have all been friendly and lots of fun.. Naturally there are some idiots but you have to make it clear what you will and wont do and where you will and won't go. You also get a couple of abusive newbies where it's obvious this is the first time mum has gone out and left them home alone lol. But the site is really easy to navigate and the block/report button is extremely effective so they're not a continuous problem. So.. If you're looking for casual good times with fun guys give this site a try.. Even free it's been great.

adamui
11/15/16

I want to chat with all preview my badoo friends

robertm423
11/15/16

Be very carefull. At first, Badoo says that it's free but, of course, the functionalities it provides with the free package will lead you nowhere.

So, I accepted to pay for a month period, just to see if it works and how.

But, surprise surprise, what you're buying is not a membership, but credits. And most of the time you use a functionality (for example, sending an email to someone you have an interest in), they charge the credits. And the credits they charge constantly changes (to write a message to a person, it will range from 0 to 300 credits, depending on some sort of ranking that I could not make sense of). So right there, it's a scam, because they don't tell you that when you get the credit card out.

It does not stop there.

They will also charge you other fees, on your credit card, while not telling you. Oh, maybe they are telling you, but in fonts so small, buried under a ton of other informations, that even an ant could not read it without magnifying glasses...

It happened to me. As I write this, I'm in the process of asking a reimbursement for one of the fees they charged me (against my willing consent). And guess how that is going? Even though I provided my credit card bill, "they cannot trace these transactions"...

Avoid Badoo...

Tip for consumers: Avoid Badoo; it's a scam.

daves215
11/14/16

you seen your reviews? your websites a $#*!ing nonce joke

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Badoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
manelm
Manel M. [Badoo Rep]
A: Hi there!

Thank you for your message.

We're having temporary technical issues with our site but our developers are already investigating this and hope to have a solution soon. In the meantime, you can get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter!

We hope this helps!