Review of Badoo

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

terir14
4/26/17

You have to delete all the scammers one at a time. Get with the times. Let me delete visitors and viewed me scammers by the dozen. One at a time is awful. I'll probably just delete the app. Not user friendly.

locztal
4/22/17

Badoo is been unfair to its followers by telling us to verify our accounts. I have tried 20 times but still telling me I was not approved. What the hell is going on? Are you guys trying to get rid of customers or what? Remember all those foolish gestures we using our own data

akpoyiboe
4/21/17

have been using Badoo for years,i dont know why am block.pls try and retify i and send me an email at akpoyiboefetony@yahoo.com so ican meet up with my friends pls thanks for your understanding.

babageedaya
4/19/17

I have been using Badoo for some years and while I stopped for sometime, I couldn't gain access to my account (jidadex@gmail.com). A few months after I eventually reclaimed my account from the hackers. A certain person has hijacked my account claiming to be Dr. Rob, a white man. However, I notified the Customer Service team that my account was compromised by an unknown person and my account was eventually restored. As a matter of fact, my phone was stolen during this period. The access to my account was through my stolen phone. I eventually regained the phone back through
the police. I noticed I couldn't verify my profile with a picture as it had been in processing status for over 3 months - I promptly emailed Customer Service about these and a customer service staff named Dominic blocked my account. (Apparently, he said I violated the terms and conditions of the usage and community guidelines based on my previous profile, which I didn't, the illegal person who accessed and hacked into my account). I have also attached evidence of police report documenting recovery of my phone from the stealer and access to my personal data via the theft.

I tried to explain to the Dominic that it wasn't me. I even sent him the police report evidencing the recovery of my phone before the period I reclaimed my account. I also sent links to my Facebook account to verify my claim that I am now the true user of the email address and pictures linked to the account.

I am now considering instituting litigation against Badoo and sue them for several millions of dollars for character misrepresentation and damage to my person as well as damages for time wasted and inability to access my account. I also realized several charges were made by Badoo during the period illegal access was made to my account and Badoo never deemed it fit to refund me or reactivate my account upon all explanations.

Regards,
Geeday

Tip for consumers: I would recommend users to stay away from Badoo as they are too driven by financial gain and not by delivering customer service. I am sending my legal representatives to start litigation against the company.

kristinev6
4/16/17

I don't know how I got them in my inbox. I am happily married and when you try to opt out it doesn't let you. I have tried multiple times and now when I see Badoo in my inbox it just makes me angry. A site that doesn't let you opt out. Something is just wrong with their motives.

I don't care what they send to others, just when you get something you didn't sign up for and then it doesn't go away no matter how hard you try to break it off is frustrating as hell!

eriks56
4/13/17

Am not sure if Badoo is the best site for finding love cos ive heard about other good one's like tinder and wejustfit.com but for me its good I like it a lot I like the way it works and have had sum gd chats wi girls that id like to have a date with I hope I find sum1.

garrym41
4/12/17

Badoo is full of Stuckup! Shallow women that do not conversate good!! I think all of them are looking for that big baller type guy or Denzel Washington type!! I'm still on their so I'm not giving up just yet to finding down to earth females but I sometimes feel like Badoo is lost cause!!!!

jeremyz3
4/9/17

Had been using the site for quite a while, until my account was "blocked" with very little explanation (apparently I'd been scamming people- but I definitely hadn't) Went to their website, but couldn't even find details for a customer service contact. Disappointed.

rosalindr2
4/9/17

Have just installed the updated app but now cannot see if someone is online or not. Previously I could see who was online. I am using Galaxy Edge S6

alek571
3/31/17

I think Badoo is worth trying. If you're looking for casual communication with fun people give this website a try. But use your common sense and beware of fake profiles. As a matter of fact this rule works for all the social platforms and dating sites.
UPD: Thank you, Manel, for the great customer service!

adamd63
3/25/17

I deleted my account and cancelled my membership months ago and today my account was debited again.

You're stealing my money for something I cancelled.

I want this reversed and you have no actual way for people to contact you through your website its pathetic daylight robbery.

Contact me!!!

anthonyg110
3/23/17

Badoo is a paradise for scammers and you will really have to invest a lot of time and patience until you find any real girls. But sometimes it can be well worth it. I have met several nice girls on Badoo but always use your common sense. Also keep in mind that it can be very useful and smart to us emore than one dating site at a time. Mingle2day is absolutely fantastic and well worth trying, I have used Mate1 too and it seems to be ok too. Just try to figure out which site you like the best.

danielm316
3/23/17

They only offer a decent service to paying members, however, if you purchase anything you are automatically subscribed to an ongoing payment. If you try to unsubscribe this will also cancel anything you have paid for. If you are unaware of the subscription which I was on at least two occasions they will refuse a refund.
Edit #1: Manel M is lying, I requested a refund without using the product and subscriptions are not optional, they do not tell you clearly that what you are paying for is a subscription (unless may be you read the terms & conditions which nobody does), and on the off chance that you notice it was a subscription, you cannot opt out without also cancelling the product you've paid for and not being given a refund.
Edit #2: I meet all of the requirements posted by Manel M, I sent a screenshot of him offering me a refund to their support team and I was refused. It was just an outright lie.

fredp56
3/19/17

I use Badoo since 2015 and paid for (lifetime) superpower.
I used Facebook account to install Badoo profile. Lately I was having login problems. And want to change my phone number. Since facebook account was used to login, I was not able to change phone number or password.
Eventually Badoo blocked my account stating that I violated their terms and conditions.
Badoo is doing monkey business.

Tip for consumers: Be carefull! Badoo will try to get your money by hook or crook!

billyl22
3/16/17

Badoo get three stars (or hearts lol) from me. Not good enough for me to give up my WeJustFit.com subscription but still worth checking out if you havent yet.

steved123
3/7/17

It was a great site years ago but has become a place for fake Nigerian scammers. Anyway, what I like about Badoo: It is so simple to use and really good enough to find a few people to go out with but if you want to find someone serious I'd pobably use Match or Mingle2day (or Chemistry and eHarmony).

chrisb346
3/4/17

No im just going cancel my account. Looks like I'm having the same problem everyone is. Fake profiles.

steveh207
2/19/17

Was'nt a bad site years ago . . . Now all you get is fake messages saying someone wants to talk to you . . . And the latest site update has made it all less user friendly . . . Using encounters now means you don't get to see where the person lives straight away . . . Plus . . . Where have all have the friends I added gone ? . . . . . The site is rubbish . . . Was Ok once

daved91
2/15/17

I joined two dating sites around mid Nov of last year as I was told it's good to use more than one to boost chances. Badoo was the obvious choice, second I went for WeJustFit.com after a friend swore by it. I'll write a review for WJF later (as it's actually my favorite of the two) but as far as match is concerned, id give it an 6.5 / 10. It's better than most and you can trust them, which is super important. But I didnt have as many dates as id hoped for and spent a lot of time waiting for replies that never came. It's worth a try but not as good as you might think.

christophers98
2/15/17

all dating sites, matching sites is scam bew careful it is bulls--- just watch out for scammers, conners etc

angiel47
2/11/17

It's such a shame people can have more than 1 profile and people not notice. Guy says his name is one thing then turns around and creates a new profile with another name and has pics of himself on both. Be careful this site is full of scammers and predators.

fuckw1
1/22/17

these pieces of $#*! charged me 12.49 x5 because i clicked on some $#*! a few times it did not $#*!ing warn me or anything $#*!ing con artist mother $#*!er. $#*!ing pig skin honkies!

normp2
1/16/17

Badoo charges large sums of money for absolutely NOTHING.

If you plan to use this app, make sure to deactivate your credit card info or simply delete it from your app settings, or you will be automatically be charged for any of their services, even if it is by mistake.

In my case, I got the usual annoying pop up, which doesn't ask you to confirm your order, you can't even press back. If you were rating multiple users on their photos and you got this pop-up all of a sudden, you might activate a transaction accidentally.

I now owe them $49.99!! Based on their terms I don't qualify for a refund.

SCAM!

kurtd27
1/14/17

It's all true DO NOT give them your card details as they will rip you off , same thing happened to me.

adelchia
1/9/17

Once they have you card details they just do whatever they want. I ask to be refunded for purchases I did not recognize, they just said no.
I say No No to Badoo.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

54 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Badoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
manelm
Manel M. [Badoo Rep]
A: Hey Jeyla!

Thank you so much for your message! We are always happy to hear that our users are finding success using our website.

We would like to ask if you'd be interested in sharing your amazing story with us along with a photo of you and your partner. Your story will surely motivate many people and help them see that true love really can be found through Badoo! Simply get in touch with us via www.badoo.com/feedback, we can't wait to hear more about this!

Also, we'd really appreciate it if you could leave a review for us! Simply go to https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.badoo.com and click on the orange button that says 'Write a review".

THANK YOU!