US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joec178
8/24/16

Badoo used to be pretty usable for free: it had lots of filters, and you could hunt for new members. That's all gone now.

And it's become a lot harder to message anyone attractive. Most of the time if you find someone cute or sexy there will either be no option to chat, or else you click on chat and it says their mail box is full but you can still pay to message them.

And they are constantly hounding you to use pay services like sending gifts and stickers, get your message read first, get your profile seen more, and it goes on and on ad nauseam.

You can't filter out smokers and single moms anymore, it's like Tinder now, no filters. As a result, most people don't even say anything about themselves in their profiles, no real need to now that they know they won't be filtered out.

I give Badoo two stars because they have built a pretty slick website (didn't try the phone app), but holy crap have they gotten GREEEEDY!! They must be making a lot of money pimping these girls out. But if you want to try your luck for free I would say don't even bother with Badoo, it's an exercise in futility.

veronicas54
8/23/16

Does anyone know how to cancel a subscription? I've met someone on Badoo and want to stop them from deducting money from my account..... Thanks in Advance..... :)

Tip for consumers: Only a scammer will ask you a million questions..... If they're genuine they will meet you for a coffee and get to know you....Keep them online for as long as you can or need to... NEVER! give them your address until you've met them for a few coffee's or dinner... Always! meet them where there's lots of people.... Tell a friend where your meeting them or leave a note on your kitchen bench of your whereabouts... Trust me.... if they won't meet you for a coffee they either aren't really into you o

adamv20
8/20/16

Useless website since they removed extended search functionality. You can only search on gender, age and location. Way to limited. Why not let us search by interests and other criteria?

andreasa11
8/16/16

Prefer sites like WeJustFit.com but will probably still use this for a while cos the girls are real and sometimes do reply to me. Not had a shag yet, been over a month, if I only used this site Id be blind by now.

johns1417
8/14/16

Badoo stinks! and interferes with your mail, deciding for you who you can contact and which incoming mail you are allowed to receive...even after paying the full membership!
Beware..this is a very manipulative site, and will try to control your life through who you want to meet.

chikititaa
8/13/16

No search criteria anymore. Can't even find those profiles that have no photos. What good is the site for now? They need to do some serious UPGRADING if they want to keep whoever is left...

imranh18
8/11/16

Badoo is a dating site and a chatting site.... Every time I come on, I get racial abuse by white ladies in England not Wales not Ireland but England they are so stereotype they all automatically assume your Asian and think your married an have kids, that's what you call stereotypical, pathetic I'm actually on the site to find love.... But how pathetic I'm in England born an raised... Never left not even to go on holiday... But I still get catagorise like I've just come into the country.... This site is pathetic an it charges you to talk

genarob15
8/10/16

I have very bad review because I got scam by this personlindamartins0902@gmail.com she toll me she was gonna inherited money from his father she toll she was from Lagos Nigeria to London she stole me. Thousands a dollars I hope they caugh her one day and make her pay for all what she's been done

ania20
8/8/16

Badoo is full of scammers, mostly from Africa. I know that you have scammes everywherer, even on top dating sites like Mingle2day but scammers on Badoo seem to be much more aggressive and obviously they feel quiet comfortable on Badoo. So just be careful and don't trust anyone, especially hot girls which are obviously too good to be true. Use with caution and you will be fine. Just don't think with your pants but use your brain instead. Good luck.

keih2
8/4/16

Dont waste your time, you put a profile on there and you waste your time sifting through girls profiles most are Fake anyway and no replies at all, all you get is men looking to talk to you if your gay thats ok but if your straight its $#*!e

id give nought if i could %ankers

jamesm489
8/2/16

Following my recent report of WeJustFit (9/10) I have now tested Badoo.
Duration: 1 month

Cost: 6/10
Chance of replies: 5/10

gregd62
7/30/16

Badoo is nothing but a scam site. I've had over 30 women contact me and I have determined through questions that they are all frauds. I have asked all of them to verify I have asked the last 20 of them to verify who they were by sending me a video introducing themselves using my name and I never hear from them again. That trips them up they don't have any way of pretending. They send fake photographs of themselves but they will never send a live video of themselves. I have had several of them asked me for money within 24 hours. I think the site itself is behind a lot of this and I am blaming them I think they are just as corrupt as the profiles of these women that are being posted. I am pretty certain that he knows what is going on and I think they may be getting a kickback. The site is useless as far as I'm concerned I don't believe there's a real person on it. I am never going back.

ricky290
7/28/16

I am I'M RICHARD BADOO IS INDEED FULL OF SCAMNERS

richardn52
7/27/16

I followed a female through email and pictures for 2 weeks all seemed genuine at first eventually given a mobile however at last minute money was demanded and it became clear this was a scam no contact since and never going back on this site.

jefff67
7/25/16

They give internet a bad name

yh9
7/21/16

This is an ok site, but it is sad that there are so many posing as over seas military men. I have encountered at least 10 already and blocked or reported them all. I feel the need to spread the word because this disgusts me. Having a brother who served, I asked all the right questions they couldn't answer from identifying the unit they are in (from the patches in their pics), and where they are stationed (we do not even have troops in some of these places). Most tell a story about being a widower and/or having a kid and looking for a good girl to love them.

howards52
7/19/16

Ive been using Badoo for well over a year now and plan to keep doing so. Ive seen it change a bit in that time and really like most things about it. Ive tried other sites too; some great alternatives like WeJustFit.com and some not so great ones, like Twoo!! But overall im happy where I am and find that most of the women are genuine and up for a bit of Badoo chat! Recommended.

malcomm3
7/6/16

It is a nice site to have a little chat but of course
you should rather go for the reliable dating sites
like MIngle2day and/or Match if you are seeking a
serious relationship. But again, nice site to spend
your time.

alleno9
7/4/16

A total useless site. I've even wrote them asking why, I got a empty email from them. SCAM!!!! All the way

billc124
6/28/16

If you read any review read this one.Badoo is 100% scam.

jwm1
6/23/16

pure scam, ladies not connected for months still in site

barneyd9
6/22/16

BEEN USING BADOO NOW FOR JUST UNDER A MONTH AND STILL UNDECIDED. I USED WEJUSTFIT.COM FOR A MONTH BEFORE HAND AND MUST SAY I EXPECTED MATCH TO BE BY BEST BECAUSE OF ALL THE COMMERCIALS THEY DO BUT ID SAY THEY ARE AS GOOD AS EACH OTHER. IN FACT I HAD A PROPER DATE ON WJF SO IT PROBABLY EVEN WINS. OVERALL BADOO SHOULD BE BETTER BUT ITS NOT.

oscarv9
6/19/16

Badoo is full of scammers that work the older generation (50+) of members being women or men. The first red flag is a very young young girl or guy adds you as a favorite, you contact them and they say they live in Miami or Los Angeles but the reality they are out of Africa or India. Now you know that these people use other profiles to do the scamming .

Be intelligent, if your 60 and a 28 girl finds you attractive RED FLAG, the moment someone asks for money from the step is being scammed. Stop block and go on with your searches. Not all people are bad on this site, I've met some very nice girls but just use common sense and you won't be scammed.

generall11
6/19/16

I will try to keep this short and to the point. My ex husband, who was diagnosed with HIV years ago, hooked up with several woman using this app. These women were so desperate they didn't care to get to know him. They talked to him a few times, then that was it. Bang. He NEVER disclosed his status to any of them, and never used protection as far as I know. We lost him to full blown AIDS recently. I would never wish what he had to go through during his last days on my worst enemy. My message is this: please be careful. Get to know the person you are talking to. Care about yourself enough to know that there are better ways to find someone than this discusting hook up app. Thank you for reading this.

danad37
6/15/16

I think it is a great site and there is room for improvement. Like who would know that a little icon is for searching. Now they won't let you use their extended search options. There is only basic search by city and age. They had by language but that got taken off. This is very upsetting.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

41 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Badoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question