Review of Badoo

London, W1W 5BB, United Kingdom
Tel: -1465487196

nikolaia
8/9/17

Badoo automaticly turn on a service when you buy credits, that if you go under 200 credits it will just charge youre credit card for a full pack of 550 credits.. WTF ????
I was useing a service to get more votes, and it cost 100 credit. I then bought a small credit pack to get 550 credits, unaware and not promted at any $#*!ing point, that now everytime my credits would be under 200, it would automaticly charge my card.

I have tryied to a get a refund for this scammy scammy scammy method, but not only was I denied this, The support also clearly lie and say that my credit was under 50, and that is why the auto- service kicked in.

That is not true! I want my refund, and we are taking legal actions against this scammy way of not telling the user, when real money is being used.

amberf27
8/8/17

Yes I am very annoyed I was charged 15.75 euro from my bank account just to put a sticker in a message to someone. That's absolutely scandalous

andrask2
7/27/17

Avoid at all cost, nearly every profile is fake and they want you to spend money to contact these fake profiles. Massive scam rip off disgusting....

joes700
7/21/17

so i join badoo from my laptop months ago, all good. then it asks me for photo verification which i do, all good....all of a sudden a bar appears and it asks for your phone number as a verification and has a 18700000 incomplete number and requests that i fill in the missing numbers from the call im about to receive, so i put in my phone number....i get a call from a local number and not international number so that wont work and there is no other verification option like sms message etc....really badoo? are you guys really that short sighted that u are unaware that some cell phone companies operate differently ???? unbelievable that in this day and age you guys haven't figured it out....not a bad site, but definitely useless admin and protocols.

Tip for consumers: just dont bother, much better sites out there

jaem5
7/10/17

It would have been nice for Badoo to warn me that they were gonna force verification (can't do anything now) so I could have told my friends other places to chat to me!
I know people used $ to talk to me at the higher credit cost since I was always Very Popular so I do feel used. Guess that is how it goes when one is female. -JET

jillm99
7/6/17

I need to reset my password. I signed up and I can't log in now. Im typing my password correctly. I sent a message to Badoo and I haven't received a response on how to reset my password. Is this site a SCAM or what.

wimd3
7/3/17

70% , at least, of all accounts is fake, pictures are stolen from other social media, I suspect Badoo for creating fake accounts, and misusing user data for financial profits. If you comment on fake messages and profiles, your account will be blocked, and not the fake ones. Stay away.

Dutch follows:
Het ziet er super gelikt uit, de app, en lijken ook veel mooie dames aanwezig, echter zijn het voor 70% nep, en ik vermoed door Badoo zelf gecreerd om betaalde klanten te kijgen. Aan de foto's kan je zien dat ze helemaal niet in de buurt genomen zijn, hehe het voordeel van een kleine land als het Nederland. En dan gaan ze uitgerekend jou dan zogenaamd 'veriferen', en als hun verificatiesysteem niet blijkt te werken, dan bokkeren ze je account, Echt te triest voor woorden. Mag van mijn (internet)aardbodem verdwijnen.

kimo50
7/1/17

This site is full of bogus profiles, I was contacted by countless men that are in the military (both Canadian and American), so unable to meet and do other things because they are all in Syria, they all have sons (just one), have fb accounts with 0 friends and are sadly widowed.... really!!! Somebody needs to get a little smarter with the m.o...... mix it up a little..... Consider yourselves warned Ladies... run... runaway fast... or play with them, they love it when you tell them what they want to hear, and then when you expose them for whst they really are... its hilarious.... CowardsThen when you want to delete your profile .... yah cant

jackr106
6/24/17

You know you are being tricked when you are first promised an easy account setup, but then at every click of a button Badoo wants more and more information. There is no end to it. What keeps it from one day asking you for your credit card details to continue using the site?

Badoo is truely the biggest piece of trash ever!!!! After stealing my photos, and letting me click around 3x it starts asking for more.

Badoo totally disrespects users wishes. It shows how the Chinese seem so used to users having no rights or privacy whatsoever. Stay away from this communist controlled espionage site that will rape your privacy every which way it can and make you pay for it with your soul. Pure evil!!!

This site should be banned in all other country, as it's a delivery platform for espionage and trade sanctions should be imposed. This site is worse than a platform used by ISIS to spread terrorist propaganda. This site turns you into a prostitute, because it is forceful and disrespectful of users. After using this site you feel filthy and used, like someone took you up the bum..

No serious, I have never used such a $#*!ty platform before in my life. Evade this site at all cost. Stay away, keep running and don't look back!

pastolm
6/20/17

This site is so full of scum so full of fake useless worthless pieces of human trash. The pictures are fake and those that are not fake are at least 8 to 10 years old or longer. Someone might like you and you like them back and then they will never speak to you again. I have met so many people from overseas and then we go from talking maybe one sentence and already they are calling me baby baby this and baby that and oh by the way do you have a bank account can you send me some money please? Badoo is horrible!! I would not recommend this site if it was the only one on the planet. It is so bad I finally deleted my account yesterday. I had it up and running for at least a year and I did not talk hardly to anyone and those that I did would never agree to meet up. They would not call they would not do anything. Those that did talk hinted around 2 Money... those that want to proceed and sign up to this horrible disgusting site whatever happens to you from this point on is up to you and will be your fault. Don't say you wasn't warned!!!!

tl116
6/15/17

Every "woman" who chatted with me couldn't give a straight, consistent story with the information in "her" profile. I asked the latest one today where she used to live to see if it matched her profile (Saginaw, MI) and she tells me Tampa, FL (where I used to live coincidentally). So I asked her the name of the night club district part of Tampa to see if she's legit. She said "$#*! off". haha they're all scammers and fake.

danielg165
6/13/17

I payed for "super powers" and for some friking reason, I am asked to pay with credits to send messages to certain members. Sometime its 20 credits and others its 50 credits.
Why the fark do I have to pay to talk to X and not to talk to Y? There is no logic to it, it's like trowing dices at a crap table at a casino... You would think that "super powers" would include messaging anyone, but it does not. They should call them "we are going to screw you one way or the other powers"...

johnp71
6/11/17

Once you sign up, they make it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to delete your account. It is almost funny, but it's not.

hildok
6/11/17

It is very difficult to opt out, I forgot my pw and waiting for an email. They took my money automatically without me knowing. I might not seen one of the little notes

terryf50
6/7/17

I can't log in to badoo anymore for no reason. I'm blocked. Badoo wants me to take a picture....I just can't. Plus, I'm on a computer, not a phone, and then I can't deal with badoo's conditions to get log in again. Please badoo, can you unlock me. My name is jean déflorette.

francisd24
6/7/17

So I was desperate enough to actually use Badoo and see if I could meet somebody interesting from it. I decided to "highlight" myself in my area for an hour and got some tokens to do so. Only, after doing this, I didn't know I had left a box ALREADY CHECKED that indicated I wanted them to charge me automatically to refill my tokens when I was low. So my account was charged, overdrawn, and they said it was my fault for not looking at their little pre-marked scam box.

Crap company.

giannisp2
6/7/17

I wasn't aware that they had stored my credit card details A charge of 15.75 euros was done to my card without my permission for sending "gifts" to other users. There was probably some option that was "on" by default (This is the trap they set to customers) but I wasn't aware of that. I was never asked to confirm any payment. The worse thing is that they support team didn't accept my request for refunding that amount! (compared to a monthly subscription problem that I had with "tinder" but they at least gave me a refund) ! Never trust this website again! It is such a fraud! All their team wants is to steal customers and make money from them!!

russellc28
6/2/17

I was fed up with the fake messages from fake profiles trying to sucker me into paying more, but the hardest part was trying to unsubscribe or delete my account.
It took 45 frustrating minutes to delete my account!
Even after unsubscribing I still received spam from them.

kennyt10
5/29/17

i made payment back in 2014 and wasnt aware that my paypal account was linked to badoo. somehow a payment has been taken for superpowers but i didnt go ahead with any purchase so how and why was my money taken? i feel robbed by badoo and all they say is it a legimate payment fromm there terms and conditions. how can it be when i never asked for any payment to be made and its impossible to confirm a payment by mistake so how did this happen. i feel badoo dont care and using a loop hole to refuse giving me my money back. never make a payment to badoo as they will link your account and take money without your permission and they say its legimate from mthere terms and conditions thanks badoo for robbing my money

janetp59
5/27/17

I have just come back from Tenerife but when I want to chat to one of my UK friends it won't allow me to. Well I send a message I get no response from them which makes me think something is wrong. The problem has been resolved thank you.

suckm2
5/24/17

USed it until app started forcing me to do stuff i dont wanna do aswdfaswert seydsrhjdr57ykjem4rs57yl,dr57lse4

warrenj16
5/20/17

I have deleted the app from my iPad, the latest upgrade is a complete downgrade.
It is so user unfriendly it is not funny.
They have deleted the viewing window when you could view 9 pictures at a time, the photos are not scaled to fit.
It has been done to make you get the paid version, and that is no better.
They only saving grace is that the website still works reasonably well.

danielr156
5/19/17

I had opted out of the pay option but they kept charging me anyway...even after I deleated my profile! Do not use this ap! It is a scam!

davids758
5/17/17

I am being blackmailed and extorted by a person I met on badoo going by the name Abby Jenner. She has her skype user name listed in the description: abbyjenner4u_2
I have since deactivated my badoo account. This person was able to find out my friends list on Facebook which should not be possible because my facebook account was private. I feel like badoo is possibly a scam. I suspect it was your company that provided this extortionist access to my friends list after I connected my Facebook account to your website.
I hate you all at badoo and I hope this website closes.

suem123
5/13/17

I had only been on badoo for a few hours when i was contacted by someone who stated he lived in Western Australia it was a scammer i feel so bad for women who encounter this i reprted it but he is still on badoo

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hi stranger (don't know what ur name is :) Lot off factors that can help you if someone's profile is not fake .check the pictures closely .is there a time lapse ?? Means do all pictures look diff .if yes means they are being picked up from Internet or someone's profile .second if you are chatting with them then ask them to send u a picuture of them doing a certain action like for eg I wouldask u hey I want you to send me a pictures in which you are touching ur eyebrow or standing under a wall clock .if the profile is fake they won't send and come up with all diff excuses if they are genuine they will do it.. Rest you can always ask questions which are open ended and remember if some one is lying he won't be able to remember it for long if u ask him the same questions later .rest it's upto ur wisdom

By Gajendra R. on 11/16/15
Helpful answer

NO. It means the person has JUST been connected (disconnected few minutes ago). RED means offline. GREEN means online.

By Marco L. on 7/20/15
Helpful answer

Hi Dean! We are sorry to hear that someone created a fake profile with your details and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please could you send us a private message with the link to the profile? You can find this by visiting the profile on a desktop computer and copying the URL at the top of the window. If you have found this profile via Google, please send us the link to the results. For example: Stephanie Smith, Female, 26 | London, United Kingdom | Badoo www.badoo.com/en/02746395978/ You can send this on a private message to any of our social media accounts and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] 2 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi there! Thanks for your message! Were sorry youre having trouble logging on to Badoo. You can restore your password by visiting www.badoo.com/forgot and following the simple instructions. An email will then be sent to you to restore your password. If you can't find the email, please be sure to check your spam and junk folders. If you registered through Facebook, please use the email address attached to your Facebook profile. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues or require any further assistance!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Helpful answer

Hi Joe! Thank you for your message. We're unaware of any major issues with phone verification at the moment. If you're experiencing any issues, please get in touch with us via any of our social media channels (links in description) and we will solve this as soon as possible. In any case, we really appreciate your feedback and I will relay it onto our developers to ensure that everything is up and running. Thank you for using Badoo!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi Nadia! Thank you for your message. We're sorry you've had this experience with us. We do have an option to import your pictures from Facebook when signing up. However, we'll never pull these without your permission, this will only happen if you link your Facebook accounts. Please get in touch if you need help on how to delete these and we'll be happy to help!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] on 7/6/17
Helpful answer

Hi Serena! Thank you for your message. It looks like you're using an outdated version of our app. Can you confirm which version are you using and for what device? Also, would you mind sending us a private message, either here or on any of our social media profiles, including the email address linked to your account? In the meantime, you can always use our website version, simply log into www.badoo.com We hope this helps!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] on 6/24/17
Helpful answer

Hi Akeme! Thank you for your message. This doesn't sound right... Would you mind sending us a private message including the email address linked to your account? You can do this on here or on any of our social media channels (links in description)! We look forward to hearing from you.

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] on 6/19/17
Helpful answer

Hi Annabel! The security of our users is very important to us. Therefore, we're asking you to confirm some of your details. Why do we do this? Because only you will know the details linked to your profile, so if anybody else was to ever try accessing your profile, they would be stopped! We'll only ask you to confirm details when we detect you're logging in from a new device, location or using a method you don't usually use. We know it's a little bit annoying, but better safe than sorry! Please let us know should you have any issues regarding this. Thank you for your understanding.

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] on 6/15/17
Helpful answer

Hi Litsa! Thank you for your message. All Badoo accounts are associated to an email address. Would you mind sending it to us on a private message either here or to any of our social media channels? If you used our Facebook app to sign up, the email address will be the one you use to log into your Facebook. We look forward to hearing from you!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep] on 6/8/17
Questions? Get answers from the Badoo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Badoo