WritersCafe.org

WritersCafe.org has a consumer rating of 2.96 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. WritersCafe.org also ranks 164th among Social Network sites.

How would you rate WritersCafe.org?

“Reviewing reviews”

Rebecca M.
5/6/18

Just scrolled through a great number of the comments posted here. My guess is that the vast majority come from those who are either abysmally poor writers who have had their egos bruised, or simply have no real interest in the written word. I write for my own pleasure only, but enjoying sharing my work with like minded scribblers who and are not part for the disease that seems to infect the whole of the internet, (the cloak of anonymity,) which allows the unpleasant and twisted mind free reign. Perhaps no Robert Frost, or Emily Dickinson will ever be discovered on Writers Cafe, but so what, as far as I am concerned it's a perfectly good showcase for us doubtless always to be amateurs; and as far as I am concerned, its detractors can simply crawl back under the rock they came from. Beccy. Writerscafe.

“zombie site?”

Walter M.
10/10/19

Site seems to be running on its own. Admins do not or will not respond to emails. Easy to use, but there are annoying quirks that need fixing (or otherwise explained) but probably never will be. The "Discover" feature (which randomly pulls up works by others for your review) won't work if your ad-blocker is on, but they never warn you of this. In re books: I tried to add the first chapter of a book, but the process is persnickety and weird and for some reason it won't accept editing afterwards. There is a Facebook page, but you won't get any response there either. PRIME PROJECTION: The site collects ad revenue for its admins and that's all the admins care about.

sallyc91
November 17th, 2018
Unlike some other sites WritersCafe is more of a portfolio site. They let you post whatever you want and there's not really any expectation for anyone to read it or let you know what they thought of it. That's OK for what it is! But don't expect too much out of it.

The people there are limited in the kinds of discussion they have on your writing and there isn't really a "forum" per se.
robertw211
December 28th, 2015
I've been with WritersCafe since May 2015 and it has been a mostly positive experience. I should say until recently. There are some very thin-skinned people out there. There is a lot of teen-aged angst poetry and way too many mass shooting stories. I really hate zombies.

If you are active and read and review other members you will have a better time there. If you just write and think the world will praise your genius, well, you may be disappointed. I review more than I get reviewed, but that seems to be the norm there. Overall, I'm satisfied with the site.
tonyl39
February 11th, 2014
The Good: The site is great for getting a feel for young talent and for posting your poetry. I'm not putting my books there but if you need a place to store your work and get feedback from other aspiring writers and poetry lovers, it's great!

The Bad: It's extremely bad! The site itself is constantly freezing up or taking forever to load its pages...Although it's one of the better designed sites, it takes great patience to be a regular!
bvddyf
November 3rd, 2013
Drifted in and out of WC years ago from 2007 forward, now at WC and also a Maryland based creative writing page full time (WC primary, Maryland based page secondary) as a refugee from a Bossier City LA based site formerly based in the Midwest and Subseuqently Texas. Am here due to a family tragedy in the summer 2013 that I am keeping as much under wraps as I can, (It is on my profile at WC , referenced) Have had very little trouble here. Possibly because I have not been sought after to do very much. I am after all a busy individual, as much, and more so off line than on. Thank you.
laurenj6
October 10th, 2013
Submission is easy, contests are overrated, have not contacted any "publishers" on the site so I cannot say if they are credible or not. It's a fun site for writers, poets, and playwrights who want their work to be critiqued by others.
bethg6
November 30th, 2012
I've been on writerscafe for three years. And I disagree with most of the comments made. Not only have I grown as a writer on there. I have made life-long friends. The interaction that website permits.... allows for like minds to connect. Priceless if you ask me.
ponyl
July 1st, 2013
I really like WritersCafe. Though there are lots of annoying drama queens and trolls who really can't write, the majority of members are really nice and give good reviews. This may not be the most amazing website to grow in your writing, but it's a starting point and a good place to get support, put your writing out there, and make friends.
normant23
March 30th, 2018
There has been much discussion here about judging the "quality" of writing on this site. Surely any reaction to poetic licence is purely subjective. But as I am unable to either write, or interpret obscure phrases, I write for my own pleasure, also hopefully for my readers and not catharsis, which does seem to be prevalent on most writing sites.
How does one judge the merits of those emotions, without knowing the individual and the reality of those miseries?. Perhaps this explains the paucity of reviews.
Contributing to this site , at least has introduced me to different styles, which, in turn has widened my perspective..
If you need a more formal critical approach, there are more academic courses run by colleges etc., which can be quite brutal, but not always meeting the less formal standard.of the enthusiastic amateur.

" Horses for courses" is the watchword here..
l
rebeccam265
May 6th, 2018

Perhaps no Robert Frost, or Emily $#*!inson will ever be discovered on Writers Cafe, but so what, as far as I am concerned it's a perfectly good showcase for us doubtless always to be amateurs; and as far as I am concerned, its detractors can simply crawl back under the rock they came from.

Beccy. Writerscafe.

I have been having the same problem and have been posting for almost 4 years now and this is the first time it has been this bad.

By Dara H.

If someone reported you as a troll or placed a complaint about you, the moderators may have taken you off. I've had some problems with people who didn't like my review and blocked me from their profile. Thin-skinned.

By Robert W.

Well, because you're terrible at lying, falsifying "evidence" and a troll yourself. Grow up and learn not to react to internet harassment.

By Dave-Town d.

Why are you complaining? You're one of the trolls that is allowed. Just because you do in private mail doesn't mean it's a secret. Grow up, grow thicker skin and stop pretending to be something you are not.

By Dave-Town d.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the WritersCafe.org staff and other customers.

Share your poetry, short stories and novels. Join writing groups. Enter writing contests. Search publishers, literary agents and literary magazines.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WritersCafe.org?

Have a question about WritersCafe.org?