Review of LinkedIn

Mountain View, CA 94043, US
2018 Customer choice award

saifuli10
7/17/19

First impression, the system works. Easy personal information setup, interactive site, people can view our employment status directly from our own page. Easily to get a new job when changing status from working to looking for a job. quite fast.

ignatiusc3
7/7/19

I love visiting this site in terms of business because most times, it will connect you to your target audience making it easier to hook you up. It is just good for business match-making.

namitap1
6/24/19

I subscribed with linked in premium for a trial for a 30 day period. I was expecting a monthly renewal after the expiration and I see a yearly charge to my account. I spoke to customer service and asked her if this was a default set option of yearly renewal and she refused to speak about it any further and before I could complete my conversation, she shut the chat window on me. Now I see that I was charged for the trial period and there is no way to reach customer service. Overall a terrible experience

akoss
6/15/19

A competitor has cloned my LinkedIn page, one to one, and when I asked for support, my Business page was taken down, but the Hackers cloned account, which is currently spreading threatening message to my circle of clients, stayed up and running. Absolutely incompetent and crazy LinkedIn support personnel now damage my Business now as a consequence, for letting a hackers cloned account up and running, and for taking my Page down.

jerryh270
6/12/19

I have been trying very hard to get support with an ongoing issue I have with LinkedIn. This has been dragging on for months, and yet the problem has yet to be resolved. Their "member support" keeps asking the same questions of me, over and over and over -- it appears that each agent that gets handed my issue, doesn't take the time to review the history, so they go to their "flip chart" and say, "You just need to do XYZ, and your problem will be solved". Unfortunately, if they had read my file, they would have seen that I have already tried "XYZ" (and A through W, as well), and that these steps have done absolutely NOTHING to help resolve my problem. On top of that, they have thrice said that they couldn't find a resolution, so the have kicked the issue up to their "Research Team". Unfortunately, their "Research Team" has done nothing but re-suggest the same tested-and-failed flip-chart solutions I have already proven ineffective, so they are also useless.

Bottom line: If you want to use LinkedIn -- good luck. As long as all you want to do is make connections, you'll likely be fine. BUT, if something goes haywire and all of the sudden your email server is overwhelmed with input from LinkedIn that you cannot stop, and their "Member Support Team" is your only hope, then you have NO HOPE !!!

ah250
6/11/19

Platform has changed frequently and is now more cumbersome for recruiters to the point of becoming irrelevant. Too many glitches/technical issues and no results. Only interested in talking when renewals are due or there is money to be made. We already pay more than is valuable anymore. Do not recommend LinkedIn recruiter - find an alternative.

tahirm14
6/5/19

Business increase the lot of chance and support to whole family. Business man can handle the all matters easily and understand the all norms of business

pja105
5/31/19

There needs to be an alternative because this company misrepresents its mission. It keeps you from making connections which is based on a case by case basis. There is no criteria in terms of how many connections and invites you can have which appears to be shady. Customer service is horrific and their technology is ancient. We need a legit professional platform for professionals to connect.

rahulb43
5/30/19

Superb platform for working professional. Find job in top company very easily through LinkedIn. I am very much recommended LinkedIn website. Really trending website now a day's. Also app available so you can use it anywhere you are. Great platform for job seeker as per my view.

scottb738
5/29/19

We have been a mid-size client of Linkedin for over 10 years and they are basically sales robots. Whenever the conversation goes to making cutbacks on expenses then the "sale" push goes forward with responses to "review metrics and find better solutions". They of course are always ready to "add" services and expenses with no argument or issue.

williams1247
5/22/19

This is how it should be done folks: beautiful UI, free premium trial and no hard selling. Get some education with their learning platform; get some visibility with their easy application button; find better candidates with their skills matching system.

Created the account years ago, but was blown away on seeing the new additions. Way to go. Keep up the good work!

ellenc124
5/15/19

Ellen Corkrum is a helicopter pilot who is a Harvard University graduate with a master's degree in Public Administration and Corcrum to keep an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

nityas4
4/23/19

I joined Linkedin as a professional and ambitious person who also wanted to connect with same people but with Respect.
I really liked this Professional platform for career oriented people like me where one can share their thoughts on different posts, job posting emails, knowledgeable info shared by linkedin team via newsletters. And people send you connection requests & want to connect & chat with you on a professional level(keeping in mind the privacy & respect of a person) is what made me love the professionalism of many linkedin individuals. And it helped me learn many things that makes me become more ambitious.
Am totally in it.

mikea48
4/14/19

I use this site mostly to network and get new business ideas. I do like the idea of gold membership but think, for the money, it's a little costly for my needs. I don't mind the additional benefits - but for the £'s, don't think I would necessarily see any value in them at the moment.
All in all, a good networking site - with a slightly annoying creepy side where some guys still think it's okay to comment on the way a woman looks, or judges her appearance - in a creepy way - not acceptable for a professional site and more should be done to prevent weirdo's from perving on women, in this way. It's not facebooks, after all !!!

nicop7
4/2/19

I don't have much professional experience, but Linkedin allows me to build a profile that showcases all the best parts of my educational and work experiences. I also love the job search feature.

andreas565
3/15/19

I love linkedIN you have to understand how to use it in your favor. Its not like any other social media, its a business game, everybody see what your like what your share.

johnb2424
3/14/19

Did an add campaign with Linkedin in the hopes it's target professionals better than Google Adds.
I was ripped off of $420 with not even one prospect or an effect towards the business :)
( was offering Linkedin Headsohts BTW)
Have to get running as far as possible from them.

Was charged many times over without any notification or receipt whatsoever.(discovered charges by mistake :)))
Very discouraging.
I'm afraid to do any other advertising with Linkedin EVER!
Good lesson though, will keep my eyes peeled (and trust Google more )

jessicam602
1/25/19

I just restarted my account. I didn't realize how important is really was to have a LinkedIn account until this time. It is kind of confusing to learn how to do what your trying to set out to do. However with a little help you get the hang of things fast.

carlose27
1/3/19

The social networks have become the norm where friends connect online. This is the equivalent for the employment network. Prospecting employees and employers can connect with each other. This may seem like a good thing, yet I have encountered many charlatans advertising their home businesses to me hoping to get me to invest. Some terrible agencies like Workway have wasted my time at least three times. I have not found a job with this service so don't get your hopes up.

chipb2
1/2/19

Two things drive me crazy enough to write a review about LinkedIn. 1. Just because I'm a Realtor, doesn't mean I want to connect with other Realtors! LinkedIn matches me 9 out of 10 times with Realtors. Analyzing who I CHOOSE to link with would be a much better measure of who I WANT to link with. Dah! 2. The one thing that LinkedIn was good at, they took away from the free subscription. That is, showing me how I'm connected with other people. Showing how we are connected to each other is LI's single best value proposition, bar none. Otherwise, it's just a wanna-be facebook product with a bunch of irrelevant posts! The photo I chose is the floor of the Getty Villa in Malibu, representing both Form and Function, something LinkedIn does not understand.

kajsab
12/31/18

Apparently I filled out my profile like an All Star/Expert already way back. That wasn't the hard part or even wanting to get endorsed or anything (how do I remove "cast stone" endorsement from there?) Recently I think I'm eligible to even use video to share whatever it is I have to share? Likely to communicate with all the connections I'll ever make even years later to thank them of a single purchase if I'm bored or connecting with some old fling. Finding opportunities or a job, well I wouldn't pay a service for that I'd trust my own skills to apply to jobs. Firms are taking LinkedIn resumes in somewhat already implementing it. Curious to see how it changes from since when I first joined when I was still a "handicraft worker"/unemployed. I have so little work experience and I'm thirty but instructions - I'm good at following them. Trial and error and learning from those...evolve, and grow. Don't really mean to write an essay I'm just still baffled how they won best job search, category.

petea41
12/25/18

Julie Renea Abell and Emanuel Abel AKA- Julie Renee Mcneil and Many Keck Abell and many other aliases are notorious stalkers and blackmailers with intent to extort from doctors and dental end medical offices. Their standard MO is for Mrs. Julie Abel to come in into the medical or dental facility and start a treatment and during treatment violate the treatment protocol. Initially Mrs. Julie Abell would admit her fault but in a very short time Mrs. Julie Abell would start blaming the doctor for the incident and would try to offer to the doctor favors of sexual nature. The doctor would dismiss her as a patient and that when Mr. Emanuel Abell steps in and contacts the doctor personally on the phone demanding from doctor to see his wife and characteristically would refer to a special relation between his wife and the doctor that Mr. Emanuel Abell is aware of.
Upon doctor's refusal Mr. Emanuel Abell would implement his intimate knowledge of internet websites most effective in defamation practices such as one of his friends and Anti-Semite ULTRA Nationalist from Ukraine Michael Podolsky - website PissedConsumer.com or Webactivisn.com.
Mr. Emanuel Abell possesses this ultimate knowledge from his current job as an intelligence officer with US Department of NAVY where he is supervisor on all internet activities and specifically on all websites that shares any compromising information regarding US internal affairs including websites such as Pissedconsdumer.com and Webactivism.com. Both Julie Renee Abell and Emanuel Abell are the husband and wife are two criminal with activities that include BLACKMAIL, EXTORTION and FRAUD.
Mr. Emanuel Abell has long ago sold himself out to a foreign interests as US Military Officer and deserves to be charged with unbecoming as an officer of US Military and court-martialed. Mr. Emanuel Abell naval officer with a demonstrated history of CRIME, ALCOHOLISM and ADLTERER who is a shame to US Military and to the Nation as a whole.

shyamalar2
11/28/18

LinkedIn is great to keep track of your work experience and education and then to find people who you studied or worked with without going to facebook.

michaelg952
11/19/18

LinkedIn was fabulous .... before Microsoft ruined it by dropping features and endlessly promoting their paid services. At one time, you could see who looked at your profile, who read your commentary, but not any longer. Now, you get a teaser and instructions to whip out the credit card. I guess when you $25B for something worth $5B you get desperate. Wonder when they write off this investment?

jenniferr429
11/10/18

I like LinkedIn. I am able to find opportunities I have not been able to do. It is a simple and easy way of finding jobs and linking with them. I would recommend, definitely.

124 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

The recommender should be direct, comment on project you have worked on, and a brief summary of your work style

By Ron M.

LinkedIn sends moles to invade your computer and they avoid admitting that they disrespect users.

By Echosyn E.
All it can do at best, is eliminate the longest and most complex phase of recruiting, which is dealing with all the resumes that aren't going to make it. Recruiters and their machines will no longer have to chuck out resumes based on the qualities of the physical documents themselves, and from what I've heard, most resumes are dumped at this stage. They won't have to check for appropriate content at such length either, because they'll be dealing with data that's already in electronic format and which can be scanned electronically. It won't deal with bad job descriptions, or bad interviewers or bad interviewees, or candidates who aren't being honest, or are chasing jobs they aren't really suited for. As for having useful skills, the market seems to be awash with people who have useful skills; if there's only one job and a thousand people who are skilled enough to do it, 999 of them are going to be out of work regardless of how skilled they are. Interestingly, I recently attended a class about jobseeking in which every single example given related to finding IT work, especially IT management positions. Yet there are hardly any IT positions out there, and the class included one professional IT manager who was trying desperately to get out of the field for exactly that reason. Despite him saying openly that there was no work in this field, and despite others in the class showing no interest in the IT field anyway, the class continued to be shown how to apply for IT management jobs. As long as potential candidates aren't given good information and helped to find and use the best and most appropriate resources, the quality of the job market isn't going to improve. So it seems to me to be just a money-saving idea, I can't see how it will make a difference to anything other than the employers' pocketbooks. What do you think?

The word on the grapevine here is that not only are hiring officers increasingly using Linked In to check out prospective staff, but that in a couple or three years, they'll move entirely to using Linked In instead of accepting paper resumes. Presumably candidates will be asked to submit their Linked In profile URLs, no other options. It makes a lot of sense from an employer's point of view; I didn't know this before but have been told that many of them already use automatic scanning software to relieve them of the time-wasting job of reading resumes at all. The software scans for the current relevant buzz words, words taken from the job description, layout and fonts and text sizes and so on. Apparently the idea really caught on when the software proved able to catch people who were simply copying the job description in its entirety into their "skills and experience" sections. And it can identify stock phrases and rule them out, leaving only original content, if any. I understand that any excuse is already used to dismiss resumes - even a margin set to the incorrect width will earn that piece of paper a trip to the WPB. Doing this is still consuming resources, though, and it would be quicker to simply scan Linked In which is already in an electronic format. If it happens, or when, this is likely to be a huge coup for Linked In. Maybe it's time to start saving up for the IPO?

By Chris O.

It is a platform for professionals to connect with each other but it is failing miserably because it doesn't deliver. There is a great deal of dissatisfaction with the product.

By Pj a.

Don't put any personal information up. There's no guarantee companies will reply to you.

By Jennifer P.

Questions? Get answers from the LinkedIn staff and other customers.

7 Photos for LinkedIn