Review of WorldRemit

Tel: +1 8887727771
customerservice@worldremit.com

coling50
2/9/19

I got scammed by a seller from Nigeria and I contacted police and then worldremit only to be told it will be a very lengthy process to get my money back and they were trying to recover my money through a 3rd party debt collector but they would keep me updated and the very next day I received a email from worldremit saying that my custom doesn't meet their criteria and closed my account down now I have no chance of getting my money back.

shahzads3
2/8/19

Avoid WorldRemit. If you send money through them, you will have surprising and hidden charges by your bank such as CASH ADVANCE FEE, CASH INTEREST etc. Worst experience with them.

emirap
2/6/19

I try to send money over see , first time they told me after 5 days incorrect bank info witch is not , then I try different bank and same think after 5 days saying incorrect receiver name , horrible company, they don't have any clue what they need to do
Zero star

martino43
1/21/19

£4500 was mistakenly sent to the wrong account. I called these guys but 3 weeks on there is no evidence from them that a recall is in process. They keep telling it's down to their third party but I have business with them not a third party. App is good but if you encounter an issue you are left dry. I am yet to get an update on my money. They don't care. Simple. I have called the bank abroad and have emails to prove no recall but World Remit don't want it and don't care if I get my money back.

anitap71
12/25/18

WorldRemit you advertise yourself as being a safe and quick way of transferring money. But you only take people's private information - name, date of birth, gender, address, banking info - send them a fake receipt and a transaction confirmation, and then cancel their account without letting them know. And now you have all my information; you made me waste countless days trying to send money quickly; had me talking on the phone with your customer service who doesn't care about the customer; and you had my receiver waste two weeks of their time trying to retrieve the money.
SHAME ON YOU

Tip for consumers: Avoid this company

robertd280
12/20/18

I tried to use them to send money. They took the money, then cancelled the transaction, When I inquired they said I didn't meet their criteria, when I asked what criteria, then said they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone then froze my account. They're a waste of time and maybe just an email and account collection service.

trebyso
12/20/18

I lodged a complaint asking for a refund because world remit sent me an email that stated that I will not be charged any fees for my first ever transfer with a code XMAS18. The thieveing company still took the fees despite the email to me telling me I will not be charged any fees. To add insult to injury, the thieving liars sent me a survey as a way of responding to my complaint. What a joke. I have attached a screenshot of the email which they cannot deny. I also lodged my complaint by replying to the email.

judyb271
12/17/18

Made a mistake of sending air time top up instead of actual money. I tried so many times to get refund or redirection, the reply came very late and they refused to give a refund. So they've got the money but the recipient didn't get anything and I've just paid for nothing.

seemab2
12/17/18

I send money to India. It's showing receive money but money not still transfer in account.continusly more than 1week calling customer service ,send email but not response properly. If we call 1hour waiting. If send email after 24hour they give response. I send all the details but they send I didn't send any thing.

neilc231
12/12/18

I have used WR for a few years but no more after 4 transactions in the last fortnight, I had to chase up every transaction and usually had to wait 30-40 minutes on hold before talking to a call taker with a prepared script, no explanations for delays with second last transaction, took the money out over 49 hours ago, when I queried the delays it suddenly became a review, I emailed all the information then they claimed not to have received it, sent again, more delays. Finally got an email this morning at 9am saying that review is completed and funds will be released, that was 4 hours ago and 49 hours since the money came out of my bank. I am cancelling my account and would suggest using a reliable money sender that doesn't tell lies and actually listens to their customers.

elainee30
11/30/18

Please see CompareRemit. The reviews on that site regarding WorldRemit and the terrible service are true. I had the same exact experience. I went on the website to send money to fellow friends in Uganda, Kampala and my account was cancelled for "undisclosed reasons at the time" and it could not be shared with me over the phone. I had to file a "claim". But they did proceed to take the money out of my checking account which I will not received back for up to "5-10" business days. The manager was not concerned about how upset a BRAND NEW customer was with this terrible service, indicated that there was nothing he could do and then suggest I file a claim. Really? You just took several hundreds of dollars from my checking account after I was an honest and eager customer wanting to use their service and I have to file the claim? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE WORLD REMIT. THEY WILL HOLD YOUR MONEY SEVERAL DAYS, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT WHEN YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND THEN TELL YOU THEY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING

cjj34
11/20/18

Tip for consumers: Please DO NOT WASTE your time with World Remit. They Suck! They let me make the transaction and five minutes later informed me that they could not do the traction because of some internal review. When I asked why, they refused to divulge any information. Also, it took them exactly 44 minutes to answer a phone call. Horrible, Terrible company. I will NEVER use them again. Waste of time and effort.

foxzyb
11/14/18

They will disable your account. It takes you more than 30 minutes for them to answer call which is soo bad

mrk69
11/13/18

I used their service to transfer some money to Bangladesh in bKash. But last three days I try to contact with them but they are not picking phone holding me few times more than 30 minutes but no response at all. They are not forwarding my money. This is really bad service. I'm attached phone call waiting time.

temif2
11/9/18

They just did the unthinkable today. I initiated a transaction.I was debited.my money was taken.World remit declined the transaction and disabled my account.

Very poor customer service.Now my money is hanging with m bank saying funds are with worldremit.

alexandera71
11/6/18

I attempted to send money to my wife in the Philippines using my debit card using World Remit. World Remit sent me an e-mail saying that the transaction had been refused and the account disabled. They also debited my bank account.

When I inquired as to why they refused the transaction they replied that they would not tell me, but we're going to submit my account for review. Which I did not ask them to do.

Now I get an email from them saying my account has been reenabled. But said nothing about the money they took.

Meanwhile they still have my money. What they are doing should be criminal.

wendyr149
11/2/18

It's very surprising to me to read bad reviews here about WorldRemit. I was thinking, is it the same company where I send money to for years? I've been sending money every month to the Philippines since 2008 using my bank account and/ or credit card and never had a single problem with WorldRemit. I send money most of the times via the app and I get verification emails right away. The money is ready for pick up about the same time and the recipients receive notifications as well. Collecting the money in the Philippines was never a problem either. The transactions were always smooth and hassle free. Could there be a fake company using WorldRemit's name to scam people? I'm confused.

mandyb51
9/11/18

My account was disabled for no reason and its now 5 days and no refund yet. Terrible Service! Do NOT use this service..... !!!!!!!!!!!!

rayb190
9/10/18

Very poor staff was no help to find and reverse funds had to stop payment at my bank huge Hassel never would I use this company !

alastairc7
9/7/18

Was a good service but the last two months they are not at all good. I have sent money to my wife for years now but suddenly my account is locked and they want to know when I met her, who introduced us etc. AVOID WORLDREMIT

gabrieln37
8/24/18

Very bad service, someone in their service deleted my account just after I made my first transfer and gave no reason at all. I had to block my credit card by precaution, and I had a lot of troubles because I was abroad, don't trust them at all !

lukem110
8/23/18

Account disabled with no reason except "security". Customer service does not answer the phone and emails unanswered...

robertm1220
8/18/18

i done a transfere yesterday only to get e mail saying account disabled and money transfere cancelled leave well alone there are scammers and fraudster
my bank got a bit concerned about i used credit card to do transfere but
was cancelled as i said

pkyp
8/15/18

They took the money but never send the money. The site said instant cash pick and ready to pick up, but my recipient tried many time and never see the money.

jenniferb654
8/14/18

The worst transfer company I have ever dealt with. They require additional documentation ad infinitum, once you send one proof document they require another and another and it goes on and on. Proof of funds, id documents, proof of relationship to receiver, further proof of funds, proof of what the funds are for, proof of your employment status, proof of salary, on and on the request go.
Avoid at all costs, the money will never be sent in a timely manner, and you will have to provide proof documentation for everything you cannot even believe they need.
Shockingly terrible transfer company.

Yes Losing MONEY Is THEIR BUSINESS .... Since THEY MAKE MONEY on you ....... Simple Business with a Shady Company ...... Sad Isn't it ??? ..

By gremlinjr S.

From What I have Read and Experienced .... NO There IS NO HELP ..... They Took My Money also .. RIGHT AWAY and it has been DAYS any nothing was Received ... I THINK I HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW THEY MAKE THEIR LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY $$$ ..... Hahah .. They Take Our money then Deactivate your Account and Play Dumb ....... So it seems from Many other Reviews from Many people ......

By gremlinjr S.

I see it has been MANY MONTHS now . Did you EVER Get your Money Sent and received ?? ..... or Did it Just "Go away" . and you never Saw it again ?? .. Thanks ;) .

By gremlinjr S.

Questions? Get answers from the WorldRemit staff and other customers.

5 Photos for WorldRemit