Review of WorldRemit

Tel: +1 8887727771
customerservice@worldremit.com

alexs787
5/19/19

I completed a transaction on a website and was directed to WorldRemit for payment. I downloaded the app, verified my information, and paid with a valid credit card in my name. Within 5 minutes of what I thought was a successful transaction, WorldRemit sent me an email saying my transaction had been cancelled.

When I called, I was told that not only had my transaction been cancelled, my account had been "deactivated" and I would not be allowed to do business with WorldRemit again. I asked why; I also asked how to correct the situation. They declined to provide a reason, and they wouldn't allow me any opportunity to modify or correct whatever I had been "flagged" for. What?!?!? I was banned immediately, permanently, and without explanation.

I wasted an hour between set up, verification, emails, and phone calls for one transaction, to be banned without any reason.

I would urge anyone reading this to go with a more recognizable, reputable money transfer service. This was a real mistake.

WorldRemit culls 5-star reviews for their own website, ignoring any unfavorable reviews. I wish I could give them less than one star.

martins307
4/30/19

I had a very good experience with worldremit because they people help me to transfer my money to my relative instantly. All you need to call on their toll free number 855-5I5-7III

sanzas
4/24/19

This is a scam company, we sent $100 to our 80year old mother through our bank in Africa she never received the money and they told us that will investigate. It has been a month and they came back to us that there is nothing they can do. We are so mad and will escalate this issue further. We used wave before and they return your money if the recipient doesn't get it. The only reason we don't use them often is they started taking off fees on our end, and on the recipient's end. We use it if we're sending like $20 or less. I would not use this company again.

nin4
4/17/19

Please check the official exchange rates before you trust these people!!! They'd charge low "transfer" fees, and hit you on the exchange rate!

sheheryarj
4/8/19

i made transaction a month ago they ask me for my documents which i provided them im waiting for refund for a month worst service must AVOID stick to western union

larissaa7
3/21/19

Customer service is really awful. No respect for client, not professional. Receiving money is problem when they change the order of your names and then say: This is not the right order. MoneyGram is 100% better.

karynak1
3/20/19

Did not get my money back. They do not care even to answer my messages when I did not get anything on the bank account.

barryb29
3/16/19

World remit has not refunded my money for over a month. The recipient never received the money so it was supposed to be refunded to me. My debit card was also compromised by this crooked company. Send your money by Western union and be safe.

robl217
3/13/19

This company stole my money and left my family hungry as that was what I was sending the money for. They don't care to give customer.

pavans3
3/6/19

WorldRemit: First Transfer FREE! No FEES when you use this promo code: WRPSINGH The full voucher amount will be deducted from the total amount you pay.

Tip for consumers: Terms & Conditions:
Only new customers to WorldRemit who are making a money transfer
for the first time can redeem the promo code. An existing WorldRemit customer will not be able to use the promo code.

paolam23
2/25/19

Sent over 2000 canadian dollars. Order shows as picked up but it was never. Agent says they dont get an aswer from the local agent. Terrible experience. now I have to call my bank and report fraud.

coling50
2/9/19

I got scammed by a seller from Nigeria and I contacted police and then worldremit only to be told it will be a very lengthy process to get my money back and they were trying to recover my money through a 3rd party debt collector but they would keep me updated and the very next day I received a email from worldremit saying that my custom doesn't meet their criteria and closed my account down now I have no chance of getting my money back.

shahzads3
2/8/19

Avoid WorldRemit. If you send money through them, you will have surprising and hidden charges by your bank such as CASH ADVANCE FEE, CASH INTEREST etc. Worst experience with them.

emirap
2/6/19

I try to send money over see , first time they told me after 5 days incorrect bank info witch is not , then I try different bank and same think after 5 days saying incorrect receiver name , horrible company, they don't have any clue what they need to do
Zero star

martino43
1/21/19

£4500 was mistakenly sent to the wrong account. I called these guys but 3 weeks on there is no evidence from them that a recall is in process. They keep telling it's down to their third party but I have business with them not a third party. App is good but if you encounter an issue you are left dry. I am yet to get an update on my money. They don't care. Simple. I have called the bank abroad and have emails to prove no recall but World Remit don't want it and don't care if I get my money back.

anitap71
12/25/18

WorldRemit you advertise yourself as being a safe and quick way of transferring money. But you only take people's private information - name, date of birth, gender, address, banking info - send them a fake receipt and a transaction confirmation, and then cancel their account without letting them know. And now you have all my information; you made me waste countless days trying to send money quickly; had me talking on the phone with your customer service who doesn't care about the customer; and you had my receiver waste two weeks of their time trying to retrieve the money.
SHAME ON YOU

Tip for consumers: Avoid this company

robertd280
12/20/18

I tried to use them to send money. They took the money, then cancelled the transaction, When I inquired they said I didn't meet their criteria, when I asked what criteria, then said they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone then froze my account. They're a waste of time and maybe just an email and account collection service.

trebyso
12/20/18

I lodged a complaint asking for a refund because world remit sent me an email that stated that I will not be charged any fees for my first ever transfer with a code XMAS18. The thieveing company still took the fees despite the email to me telling me I will not be charged any fees. To add insult to injury, the thieving liars sent me a survey as a way of responding to my complaint. What a joke. I have attached a screenshot of the email which they cannot deny. I also lodged my complaint by replying to the email.

judyb271
12/17/18

Made a mistake of sending air time top up instead of actual money. I tried so many times to get refund or redirection, the reply came very late and they refused to give a refund. So they've got the money but the recipient didn't get anything and I've just paid for nothing.

seemab2
12/17/18

I send money to India. It's showing receive money but money not still transfer in account.continusly more than 1week calling customer service ,send email but not response properly. If we call 1hour waiting. If send email after 24hour they give response. I send all the details but they send I didn't send any thing.

neilc231
12/12/18

I have used WR for a few years but no more after 4 transactions in the last fortnight, I had to chase up every transaction and usually had to wait 30-40 minutes on hold before talking to a call taker with a prepared script, no explanations for delays with second last transaction, took the money out over 49 hours ago, when I queried the delays it suddenly became a review, I emailed all the information then they claimed not to have received it, sent again, more delays. Finally got an email this morning at 9am saying that review is completed and funds will be released, that was 4 hours ago and 49 hours since the money came out of my bank. I am cancelling my account and would suggest using a reliable money sender that doesn't tell lies and actually listens to their customers.

elainee30
11/30/18

Please see CompareRemit. The reviews on that site regarding WorldRemit and the terrible service are true. I had the same exact experience. I went on the website to send money to fellow friends in Uganda, Kampala and my account was cancelled for "undisclosed reasons at the time" and it could not be shared with me over the phone. I had to file a "claim". But they did proceed to take the money out of my checking account which I will not received back for up to "5-10" business days. The manager was not concerned about how upset a BRAND NEW customer was with this terrible service, indicated that there was nothing he could do and then suggest I file a claim. Really? You just took several hundreds of dollars from my checking account after I was an honest and eager customer wanting to use their service and I have to file the claim? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE WORLD REMIT. THEY WILL HOLD YOUR MONEY SEVERAL DAYS, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT WHEN YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND THEN TELL YOU THEY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING

cjj34
11/20/18

Tip for consumers: Please DO NOT WASTE your time with World Remit. They Suck! They let me make the transaction and five minutes later informed me that they could not do the traction because of some internal review. When I asked why, they refused to divulge any information. Also, it took them exactly 44 minutes to answer a phone call. Horrible, Terrible company. I will NEVER use them again. Waste of time and effort.

foxzyb
11/14/18

They will disable your account. It takes you more than 30 minutes for them to answer call which is soo bad

mrk69
11/13/18

I used their service to transfer some money to Bangladesh in bKash. But last three days I try to contact with them but they are not picking phone holding me few times more than 30 minutes but no response at all. They are not forwarding my money. This is really bad service. I'm attached phone call waiting time.

Yes Losing MONEY Is THEIR BUSINESS .... Since THEY MAKE MONEY on you ....... Simple Business with a Shady Company ...... Sad Isn't it ??? ..

By gremlinjr S.

that's how they make their money; don't fall for this.

By Ni N.

From What I have Read and Experienced .... NO There IS NO HELP ..... They Took My Money also .. RIGHT AWAY and it has been DAYS any nothing was Received ... I THINK I HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW THEY MAKE THEIR LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY $$$ ..... Hahah .. They Take Our money then Deactivate your Account and Play Dumb ....... So it seems from Many other Reviews from Many people ......

By gremlinjr S.

I see it has been MANY MONTHS now . Did you EVER Get your Money Sent and received ?? ..... or Did it Just "Go away" . and you never Saw it again ?? .. Thanks ;) .

By gremlinjr S.

Questions? Get answers from the WorldRemit staff and other customers.

5 Photos for WorldRemit