Review of Wiggle

Wiggle reviews

PO6 3EN

nickg325
11/4/19
Terrible customer service. You cant talk to someone on the phone, they seldom respond to emails your only option is online chat which you can also seldom get some hold of someone and when you can they are completely unhelpful.

My order got 'held' for two weeks for no reason. Bike was the wrong size, website said returns were free, but hidden in small print for any bike discounted by more that 15% it says you have to pay. God help you if you buy through a cycle to work scheme as they only offer refunds and then you have to reorder. I have literally spent hours trying to sort this out.

Go to Evans.
royj61
10/29/19
I feel I had to warn others about buying from Wiggle. I bought a carbon mountain bike which was damaged. Their response to emails is in excess of hours and that is in between each email so it took days to sort out. This was compounded by delivery problems.
I do not like companies that changed their attitudes once they have your money. It leaves you cornered, defenceless and turns excitement into total frustration.
lesterv5
9/26/19
As the subject states, I couldn't count on Wiggle when I needed it the most. I hope you read the whole email so you can get the whole picture.

I work as a self-employed cycle courier and the other day I had 2 puncture on the back wheel of my bicycle. The first time, I took it to Evans to get it fixed as soon as possible so I can get back to work quicker which I spent over £12 for a new inner tube and to get it fitted on the spot (quicker than me going home and fitting it myself). After a few hours I got a puncture again in the same back wheel during a delivery. As you can imagine, I was very very disappointed and very annoyed. I finished delivering what I had with me and went straight to Evans to try and get it fixed quickly so I can get back to work again as soon as I can.

However, they didn't have the tyres I needed as I recognised that it might be time to change my back tyres for a newer and better tyres. With disappointment, I went home and ordered a brand new tyres from Wiggle to replace my current tyres. I made sure that I selected the right ones and made sure also that I got it for the next day delivery at an additional cost.

Since yesterday I have been excited to get my order so that I can fix my bicycle as soon as possible so I can get back to work.

Today it arrived, only to find out that they're the wrong tyres. They got the right labels on stating the correct size (27.5), however, the inscription on the tyres are completely different! It's smaller than what I ordered (26).

I even compared it against my old tyres and the size difference are very evident.

I went to the Wiggle app to get in touch with customer service on the chat and I was basically told that they have raised the issue to the stock team/department so that they can sort out the mistake as it might have occurred on other stock too and so they can send me the right replacement.

However, what makes me even disappointed is that the customer representative could not guarantee when they can send out the appropriate replacement! As I asked when the replacement will be arriving and if possible for it to arrive the same day so I can fit it and get back to work. I even explained that the more time I lose not getting back to work, consequently results to less money I can make to make ends meet. Especially during this time that I need to make as much money as I can as I have commitments to pay concerning my wedding early next year which is only 5 months away!

All that was guaranteed to me was that I will be kept up to date by email.

As you can imagine, if you were in my place, this is very disappointing and this is my second time buying stuff from Wiggle.

After not receiving any update concerning the issue that happened today, this is the feedback that I left:

Could not offer me any solution. I had to chase things up and still received no solution or even an email confirming what's being done to resolve my case. Procedures could be much better so that any situations can be resolved in faster pace. Departments and teams should be able to work together to resolve a mess caused by your own company. How difficult is it to call the stock team/department and say that a "schwalbe 27.5 mountain bike tyres, etc. needs to be sent out today to replace a mistake by our side, and note to check the details on the tyres match the details on the label then could you please make sure that all our stock are labelled correctly".

The customer service people should be able to provide solution and not just say sorry, I can't do anything for you because that's what the procedure says. Not even mentioning what they've done to try and get this issue resolved with urgency even though I've explained so many times that it's very urgent and the more days I missed out at work the more I'm at risk of not being able to make ends meet as I have my payment commitments. Not even a compensation for the trouble that has been caused to my life, to my earnings, to my livelihood and to people that is counting on me.

This is my livelihood that is being affected while your company take their time to check their stocks and only after that they'll be able to send a replacement! It should have been the other way around! Send the right replacement first is the priority which does not even take an hour to sort out, then check the stocks or since I believe you have teams of people working for you, why not make sure 1 person deals with the replacement and a few others to check the stocks so it can be dealt with at the same time! Then after that person has dealt with the replacement, they can join the others to check the stocks.

Your company has been operating for many years for this mistake to happen is not acceptable especially if it affects the livelihood of your customer.

After sending practically the same content I'm posting here, the team that works with feedback to the CEO contacted me apologising about what happened and arranged a replacement to be sent for next day delivery and sure enough, I was looking forward to it as I can't wait to get back to work. I thought I would be able to do so, however, when I received the replacement and opened the box, I checked the inscription in the tyres for the size and disappointingly, the same mistake happened again. they just sent me the same wrong tyres again as a replacement.

One of the sad thing is I can't find a number to call, I have to rely on the chat that most of the time is busy or offline. This is very frustrating and the first time I had to go through this.
barryk70
9/20/19
created an account and order but never received confirmation. Called customer service to ask if they could find my order (by name) and they could not. I told them I thought I may have entered an incorrect email address. They had no way to check. They told me I had no orders and to create a new account and enter the order again. I did so
2 weeks later I got both orders. I want to return one, but don;t want to pay since it was not my fault. Furthermore, I had taken the time to ask if my first order went through and was told no.

Now they will not pay for postage to return their mistake because it does not fall into their return policy. I cant even return these items because they don;t show on my account (because the first account was supposedly not correct). So, I'm not paying for postage to return the items in hopes that I may get a refund. I've already wasted 4 hours of my time over $20. If they were truly concerned about customer service, they would give me access to the bad order, allow me to print a label and then credit the postage. now its my problem.

Never again and no way i would recommend this company
danield399
9/5/19
Bought an expensive EVOC cycle case. The wheel fell off within 2 minutes arriving at the airport. I asked for them to help, but all I had after a month was there was no spare parts and i just needed to wait. No offer to replace the bag. I had to chase up twice via email and a third time to ask for a replacement bag. They have no one you can call or talk too which makes ever interaction painfully slow. Go to ChainReaction cycles, they have a call centre and resolve issues very quickly.
alinnm
8/13/19
The prices are competitive, but you cannot trust them to deliver in time. Also there is no tracking available.
manosk2
8/5/19
Don't just Don't they look appealing with their prices but my orders 10 out of 10 either get delayed or lost. Problem is with their carrier DHL
and they don't seem to care. Currently, I have items waiting in Transit in Germany for 6 days and going on and imagine that I leave in EU(Greece). Absolutely horrible service I like that they guaranty delivery and after
when the S....t hit the fan they say wait and that they are not responsible.
charlesk245
7/30/19
Signed up as they were offering new users a £10 off promotion. Went through checkout before noticing one of the items was cheaper on amazon so went back and removed it from basket, only to find when I went back through checkout the system was saying the coupon was "only for new customers". Talked to customer service assuming was an easy fix. Rather than resetting account status or providing another code at the same value, the suggestion was to pay full price and they would refund after. I said it was crazy to expect me to pay more then go through effort of getting a refund back after when price not much differnet from other sites and I could just purchase on there. Customer service simply said that was their procedure in this situation, they made no effort to even say "I will talk to my line manager and see if there is anything we can do". If solving a trivial problem like this is so hard, I can't imagine what would happen if I needed to return something.
liamw33
7/25/19
I've ordered two bikes from Wiggle and each time they have arrived in non-working order.

Furthermore there customer service is abysmal. They are very slow and it can take a week for them to send you a new part if your bike fails under warranty (which probably happens more often than other retailers due to their shoddy bike builds).

Just avoid, don't put yourself through my misery.
paulh745
7/18/19
I have used Wiggle for many years, but since dealing with their customer services I shall not be going back. Months of time wasted trying to find out what is happening with warranty claim and in the end had to demand my money back, which they duly refunded and described as a good will gesture. Surely returning my money after they have failed to repair or replace their defective product, is a legal obligation, not a good will gesture?
sams627
6/26/19
I order a wetsuit from wiggle, it arrived with a small tear in it. I contacted their customer service department who requested photos of the tear. I was refused a refund and accused of damaging the wetsuit myself, I sent a complaint to their complaints department who were rude to me on the phone, told me to "prove it was them and not me" and left it at that, any attempt to contact them has resulted in them ignoring me. I am now £160 out of pocket and I couldn't participate in a triathlon I had paid for as I had to send the wetsuit back unused.
I will never shop with wiggle again and will encourage everyone to do the same
garethn3
5/24/19
What now a rubbish company with customer service, since merged.

Before brilliant, now not interested in the customer, and the returns process now is like chasing a F1 car in a Mini.

Avoid these & chain reaction (sister company)
carolw343
4/25/19
Absolutely shocking company. Ordered a jacket which, unfortunately, was too big when I tried it on. Returned it immediately by Collect+, at my own expense. After numerous emails and attempts at online discussions', finally received a refund today - nearly 3 weeks after sending the item back. It is totally unacceptable to hang on to customers' money for so long, especially when Collect+ tracking confirms that the item was received by Wiggle over 2 weeks ago. The jacket in question was supposedly reduced by £10 - by using an online code - however, I subsequently found it at another outlet a further £10 cheaper than the reduced price offered by Wiggle. Fair enough, I accepted that this was my own fault for not scouring the internet for long enough prior to purchasing; however, when you factor in the delivery charge (which other companies do not charge) and the original Wiggle jacket price, Wiggle turns out to be £24 more expensive than its rivals for the same item!! Do not use Wiggle, they will overcharge you for items that are available cheaper elsewhere, charge you for delivery and hang on to your money when you return an item (having paid for the privilege of doing so).
rorys31
4/24/19
lost my return. lost my email asking what was happening. sent me round various departments. no good answers. took successive phone calls asking for higher and higher management to get anything sorted. hurried tone of them trying to tick me off, brush me aside, shut me up. never
marvinl39
4/19/19
Easy purchase and transaction for a press fit bottom bracket for my new MTB with chainset and all for a good price too
kirka20
4/4/19
Like your www.site your Customer Service is a disgrace! Do NOT send whst should be illegal, emails with NO REPLY. First thing any1 should see is Contact Us. Top Right hand corner of their screen. (No tedious, pointless, useless forms like this). This according to Stockton on Tees(side) Riverside College Business School & Teesside Polytechnic and/or Universities exemplary schools of computing. "Those whom (like Wiggle ) make it difficult to Contact Us don't want contacting. This according to the deplorable InverMESS College / University of Highlands & Islands. IC/UHI. And this method of Contact is unlike a simple email like your company & 'respondent' staff all but useless. Unwarrented hardwork. Notably on my telephone. As it is I've ordered from TREDZ. Send no more emails.

Andrew P KIRK 10:47:00 AM

WIGGLE is far more trouble than it is worth. Clueless & Useless!
paddyr3
3/1/19
Ordered a pair of Salomon Hiking Trainer... Great.
Item arrived the next day while I was out... Great.
Item was left at the front door, in clear view from the road with no gate, nit in the pre agreed location of rear porch behind a latched lock gate... Not Great.
Emailed Wiggle, got a response within 12 hrs with a Denial of receipt form... Okay.
No response for 5 days to emails being sent daily requesting an update... Terrible.
I have used Wiggle for years, this will now stop, I will be taking my business elsewhere, as after sales service as just as important as before says service!
sandror22
2/13/19
Terrible customer service when it comes to returns - painful, time-consuming, not commercial at all and most of all, they charge you to return wrong items!
melissaf157
1/21/19
ordered a garmin watch and heart rate monitor - for circa £600 - and received an empty box!!
no customer service phone number, and been told to wait 12 hours for an email reply!
disgusting
cs301
1/12/19
cThis website is a con! Buyers beware and stay away from this site. These trust pilot reviews are unreliable! I bought a pair of hiking boots for a next day delivery and today was given a different colour. I tried to contact them but they do not have a contact number or email address advertised on their website. You can only talk to them through a useless chat box, which disconnects at times. This is very unreliable and untrustworthy of them. Then Tim whom I spoke to said that they gave me the correct item even though it was obviously not as my order was a black and grey colour, instead I was delivered a blue and green shoe. They are so imcompetent. Considering that they are a company selling shoes, they should be able to carefully identify the correct colour the buyer orders. Apparently this is a common issue according to another review website named sitejabber and you will see what I am talking about.
See for yourself. I do not know how they got a 9/10 on trustpilot! Total waste of time! Site jabber is more reliable!
simons146
1/9/19
I ordered a £100 coat that didn't arrive. Contacted wiggle who told me that it had been tracked and that delivery had been successful, even though they had no proof and the delivery wasn't signed for. I have been told that I will not get a refund. Disgusting.
vincentc167
1/3/19
They sent the wrong one, emailed customer
sevices and sent a picture, they got back saying yes they had and trainig had now been given to the offending individial, send it back to our returns wearhouse where a replacement will be despached, wasnt happy with this as its their mistake after this all further emails just fobbing, in the meantime get asked to review wiggle on trustpilot needless to say it wasnt good, get a quick reply saying the correct one would be sent immediatley only to find out the new order is a back order although the website shows in stock, it would apear that wiggle will take payment for orders they cannot meet give you the runaround then hopefully by the time they recieve the wrong item back they maybe will be able to, this is either company policy or its run by a shower of clowns either way use them at your own peril because I wont be again.
ivanv35
12/18/18
Placed an order and paid for "one day delivery". One week later no order, nobody knows where it is or when it will be delivered.
Oh, and if you want to cancel it and be refunded it will take "up to 3 weeks" to get your money back. GREAT.

Customer service is a joke, with empty (!!???) emails and an useless online chat.

NEVER AGAIN.
emk7
12/16/18
long time shopper.. will never use their service again. their customer service is attrocious.. i hope they shut down and stop getting to abuse monopolies.
ashtonh25
11/20/18
Having placed an order for a Garmin Watch bundle on the 19th for next day delivery, I then discovered myself that they had cancelled the order. They did not email or text me, I simply happened to log into my account. This time, they did not take payment.

Having spoken to a member of their team, who said it was a technical issue on their end, I then processed a second order. I used a different card on this occasion and payment was taken in full. I then logged into my account a few moments later to find the order had again been cancelled.

It appears that they are offering items are a considerably discount, undoubtedly to catch peoples attention. Then, when somebody buys them, they are cancelling the order. The most problematic issue is that they are taking the money and holding it.

With no phone number and slow online chat, they offer little support. I would urge people to avoid using Wiggle.

No. I asked why and the response was that customers prefer online chat

By Jonathan S.

Questions? Get answers from the Wiggle staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Wiggle