Review of WeMassage.ca

Tel: 1.888.670.9995
info@wemassage.ca

leannw10
4/23/19

UPDATE - After contacting We Massage and posting this they finally reached out to me and are attempting to honor my original Groupon as it was not my fault that I was unable to redeem it. We will see if this pans out as they are outlining it.

I cannot believe they can even call themselves a business! I got a Groupon as a gift which was for 2 hour massages. I've been trying to book them for over a year and kept my availability VERY open but no one ever got back saying they would come for my massage. Now the Groupon has expired but I'm still trying to get at least 1 massage out of it. Now just today I get an email from them saying they are "partnering" with Massage Club to allow for more staff to service clients. That sounds all well and good but here's the kicker, their massage price is $120 for a 1 hour massage! Well, looks like that $39 will be something that I'm going to get a refund from Groupon for. I'm not ponying up over $80 (not including tip) for 1 massage when I should have gotten 2 over a year ago. This company is a HUGE joke. They should be out of business for ripping people off.

jgs2
12/10/18

WeMassageCA is garbage... complete fraud and waste of time and money .

I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.

bradk35
5/30/17

I purchased two coupons for We Massage in February, 2017 and have tried numerous times to book an appointment to no avail.

They never ever come through and have just stopped replying to my last 5 emails.

The one time they were able to magically have a masseuse show up, she told me she had another appointment and therefore only had 40 minutes. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

I am in the health field myself and have very little tolerance for companies that place zero interest in customer satisfaction.

I think the reviews here speak for themselves!

robic3
5/21/17

I'd give them a zero if I could. TERRIBLE experience. Can't reach a human being. We had 2 no shows with no explanation. Trying to get money back was murder and took 2 months including Groupon's help.
Very disappointed.

sanjeevj3
4/14/17

Bought Groupon deal. Tried to book so many times online. No response. Every time received message rebook and then finally it expired. Now I am out of 99
Dollars. Worse Groupon did not
Do anything about it. So I stopped
Even looking at Groupon deals. Because they all are rip off. It does not deserve even 0 stars. Be careful and save your money.

coryb27
3/26/17

Same as all here - booked 5 massages and had all 5 postponed then cancelled minutes before the appointment.

dianac65
3/23/17

I have tried on 5 different times to schedule a massage and each time they cancelled on me. I requested my money back and did not get that either.
This is a horrible groupon!!!

pamm68
3/20/17

I'm having the same issue. I purchased a Groupon for 4 massages through them. I actually did receive 1 back in August. The massage was quite good but since I've tried to schedule a 2nd massage and just keep getting emails that they are "working diligently" on it. Oh, please!!! I've asked for a refund and have threatened to call the Better Business Bureau. I did receive a gift card for $30 from them but I can't use it because they can't schedule a massage.

jessp25
2/18/17

Dear wemassage, if you don't have anyone then don't pretend you are a company. Have you heard anyone trying to book a massage for 4 months and got 6 cancellation emails?? Every time I require a refund they just pretend they didn't see the message and never ever reply me. No one answer the their customer service phone.This company is a total BS!! What a rip off! They just want your money, after that good luck! It's a scam company, I am surprised it is still running with all the bad reviews and their lies. Stay away! Far far away.

aaronk47
1/5/17

im not going to retype the same thing that everyone else has typed, because its the same.

any groupon or 'deal' they will not honor, well they will, but they will never come and just keep cancelling. Nevermind the extra money you have to pay for the person to come (fees). I can pay a professional escort the same amount of money and i know they will come to the door (jokes aside).

We have a couples massage, yet we still have to pay $60, nevermind part of that $60 is travel fees, meanwhile WE BOTH LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE... why am i paying twice for that.

Demand your money back, get it from your credit card company ... whereever.

Also, ignore the reviews on their actual site, they are filtering out anything less than 5 stars... surprise surprise.

What a disgusting way to run your business.

Also, if you are going to say its because of 'the lack of massuses in your area' THEN DON'T OFFER THE PRODUCT IN OUR AREA.

deanm88
12/20/16

What a horrible company, I agree with every negative comment in these reviews. I used Buytopia, who keep advertising their deal. I've enjoyed the people who finally did come to my door and that's when you learn that most therapists have left due to lack of payment by We Massage. So if you have two people working over 1,000 vouchers, wonder why you can't book? Please stay away from this company!

debraa32
12/7/16

Yes, all of these negative reviews are correct! I know hard to believe. I thought i received a great deal of WAGJAG for 6 1 hour massages from We Massage. however, you can never book, it takes, literally, 2 - 3 weeks for them to actually respond to an email (there is no phone to make telephone appointments) then when you actually make the appointment, they cancel it either the day before or the morning of. This is a HUGE scam!

daod2
11/30/16

why do their customer service not respond to phone calls? I am very frustrated and it has been 6 months since I purchased my package and have not had one single massage nor a return phone call. Just want my money back.

dianneb30
11/5/16

I have made three attempts to book a massage and each time they cancelled or they didn't even respond. I am very disappointed and would never use them again! Don't bother because they are unprofessional and the waiting time is ridiculous!

stevew190
8/31/16

Folks, this is a terrible service and you should complain to Groupon and the Better Business Bureau about this company. I give them ZERO stars. My wife and I had booked massages on line with We Massage, used our Groupon and paid the addition fees. Then we were asked to reschedule less than 24 hours before the scheduled We Massage. This is like a shell game scheme where they wear you out with their online run around till you give up and they keep your money. This is the first time I have been suckered on Groupon. Unbelievable service and I will pursue every possible avenue to get my money back even if it cost me more money. Stay way from this possible unorganized swindle. You can get massage deals just as good, locally.

lindac206
8/20/16

I waited 14 days from my initial request for a massage appointment. That was bad enough, but then all I got was an email telling me to change my parameters. I changed my parameters from in-home to at spa (to make it easier FOR THEM, not me) but still got no satisfaction whatsoever. Then another BS email telling me 'we're working on it', and STILL no confirmation right up to the day and time I requested.

There is a plethora of massage therapists in my city. There is no excuse for this level of customer satisfaction. I gave them 2 more days to fix the situation, and they wanted 2 more WEEKS. I needed a massage 2 weeks AGO! What a complete waste of time. I'm looking to MINIMIZE my stress, not make it worse.

I then demanded a refund immediately, and instead of just doing that, they wanted 2 more weeks to book an appointment. Really? They think when I'm in pain I have an entire MONTH to wait for them to book an appointment? Absolutely not. This is an incredibly appalling joke.

They actually think I'm stupid enough to allow them to lead me further down their fairy tale garden path? No way. I'm not wasting another minute of my time on this poor excuse for a company. They don't even deserve ONE star, but I had to pick one to post my completely honest, factual review.

Tip for consumers: I requested a refund from We Massage on Aug. 19. I said I wanted it done right away. It is now Sep. 5, and they've done nothing whatsoever to refund my money. Not only do they not provide decent customer service, when we are fed up with it, they also don't provide refunds.

Their 'rep' clearly lied when she said refunding my money was no problem. This is not a 'company' I would ever be willing to do business with again. It's time to report them to the Better Business Bureau and other pr

Response from Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative
Hi Linda Culpepper- We want to provide you with the best client care, and our guarantee is customer satisfaction or your money back - this is our promise to all valued customers. Would love to assist with your concerns if I may, and a deep apology regarding your experience thus far with the delays. Because we offer many booking preferences on the form, and depending client flexibility this can offer fewer staff the opportunity to connect, and this is reason why some experience a delay. Demand also plays into this. We are a reputable business serving the nation, and a longer than anticipated confirmation does not interpret one as a remark as you've stated in comment, and is a false assumption and we would ask you remove this comment please. I have forwarded you an email in regards to your refund and we will be assisting as needed whether with future service or with your refund request this isn't a problem. Looking forward to your reply.
Bianca Hudson
felicial8
8/18/16

I originally had a one-hour on-site massage appointment for Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 10am. The massage therapist (Sherrice) called at 10:04am on that Tuesday asking to reschedule due to her having "transportation issues." We rescheduled for today, Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 10am. It is now 10:45am and I have neither seen nor heard from Sherrice. I have called and left a voicemail message but I have not received a reply yet. After reading the reviews here and elsewhere, (I wish I had done that BEFORE purchasing my Groupon voucher!) I also called the wemassage.ca number and no one picked up, or has called back. I've emailed, as well, but after reading reviews I'll be surprised if I get a response. I doubt that Groupon will be partnering with this "company" again, but I wouldn't be surprised if WeMassage's intention was to partner just once, simply to get paid by Groupon at least once. Having variations between cities is not an excuse for poor therapist availability, or for poor responsibility and communication from therapists - this is something that should be vetted before agreeing to serve particular cities/areas. Additionally, variations between cities does not excuse the lack of customer service on the part of the "company." I really believe that this is not a legitimate company, and that any positive reviews are fake ones.

UPDATE: This is the email response (in its entirety) I received from WeMassage, after posting my review here (It asks me to retract my "false" review, and offers the same excuses that have been offered to other reviewers.):

"I appreciate you bringing the therapist non-arrival to our immediate attention.

Let me offer assistance right away.

All therapists are to arrive to their scheduled appointments on time, and once your booking reaches the Attend status you can expect them, as per our booking procedure.

If they are even 5 minutes late or any emergency day of, they are to reach the client promptly by phone, and also our therapist emergency line, as well office to notify - this is our policy.

If they have yet to show up, I want to reach out with a sincere apology for any time lost during your day while we reach them to source their status.

It would be appreciated if you will allow us to contact the therapist to make sure they are okay... this is a very rare occurrence.

We apologize for the therapist reach on the Aug 16th where there was vehicle issue. I don't see that the file was updated or there was reach from Sherrice for us to do so, and the company assumed the booking was met, so very sorry we did not know of todays reschedule.

Any reason for cancellation we will make things right, and offer the appropriate compensation.

Please standby for our reply / or will have Sherrice call you right away to advise.

If neither party hears back within the half hour we will have to proceed with a rebook and compensate you accordingly.

We are attempting to touch base with the therapist as we speak, and please let us know if she makes contact with you in the meantime.

**Also, we would ask you to please accept our assistance before posting negative comment and review online to the SiteJabber site, as we work to help and find a resolution to today.

Your review retraction would be appreciated, as some of the things you said are untrue about our organization and is considered defamation of name and our brand.

Please do excuse any negative comment towards We Massage you may have sourced online, as they are not a true representation of our company as a whole.

Any review posted on a negative feedback only platform, is just that, a platform to showcase a less than pleasant experience with a company, so you will not find positive review there, and these make up a fraction of a 1% since we have completed over 20,000 bookings to date, so a few communication delays or confirmations taking longer than anticipated does not suggest this happens for everyone in each of the 150 plus cities we serve, it could depend on the market, demand, our promotions, booking preference selected, and staff availability which differs city to city.

We do appreciate your concern, and if you would be so kind to read our follow up comments this would help shine light on each posting.

If you would like to read some honest feedback left by our past clients, please refer to our website Reviews page here:

Or, visit Spa Nation:

We are currently touching base with Sherrice, and will offer you some free credit or free service for your time to compensate do not worry, we are a team that works with one another never against.

Your consideration for our reputation is appreciated.

Please followup, and let us know if able to work with us and remove the review, or we will be following up with that as well shortly, so there are not false statements made public which is currently going to tarnish our name."

**UPDATE, AUG. 22, 2016**
WeMassage has since applied a $50 gift "card" to my account, and also helped me schedule an appointment with a different therapist. This therapist (Daryl) tried to reschedule twice with me, and I did accept one rescheduling request. I am happy to report that he showed up on time and performed an hour-long massage.

I have at least 3 more massages left with WeMassage (not counting a fourth one, should I choose to use the $50 gift credit), and will continue updating this review. Hopefully, the experience will continue to improve.

Response from Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative
Hi Felicia-

I just responded to your email sent to our We Massage office, and have since been in touch with therapist Sherrice who admittedly apologizes for the cancellation Aug 16th due to car problems, and also apologizes deeply about not handling the booking adjustment correctly to notify the office, so we could have sent both parties their friendly reminder for todays session Aug 18th. She still has car trouble, so we can either wait a few days and rebook with her (she said she just sent you a txt) and has offered you free time for this inconvenience. Or, if you prefer to book with someone else we can offer you a gift card our end for some free service. She would like to help make this right though if you would allow.

We value our brand, and your statement about us being an illegitimate company is incorrect, and we ask you to kindly retract this posting or we will have to flag it. We don't mind if you post about a delay or experience, but one should not jump to such a conclusion just 40-minutes after they sent reach to us, as it takes a short time for us to respond, and we have. Human error happens, and we ask you to excuse Sherrice's.

We handle hundreds of bookings a day, and have certain procedure and protocol for therapist to follow, and Sherrice is very sorry she didn't update you nor the office with her changes, which now reflects very poorly on us.

We are a wonderful company the masses enjoy nation-wide, and know you will surely love the massage experience next visit. Allow us to assist, and if you could please respond to Sherrice who has been trying to contact you, and update us would be great.

Looking forward to your reply.

Bianca Hudson
ashp6
8/10/16

I purchased a Groupon for this spa but every time my appointment neared, they had to rebook. This happened 4 times before I cut my losses and refused to rebook. Many reviewers have said that they received an amazing massage, but 90% of those who purchased a Groupon for the service have had issues. It's as if they don't want to have clients with Groupons...

Response from Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative
Hello Ash- Our aim is to confirm bookings without delay. In some markets however, due to demand and booking preference, confirmation can sometimes extend longer than anticipated, and for this we are truly apologetic, as it’s not fair to have anyone wait. We are working diligently to increase our team in all markets, for both the on-site professionals, and spa locations to allow more individuals the chance to connect, and eliminate wait times. We constantly have new members being enrolled, so if you experienced a prior delay we would recommend being in touch via email at info@wemassage.ca or phone 1.888.670.9995 so we can assist. We understand the request to rebook can cause a valued customer to be less than pleased with our company, and booking procedure, and this is the last thing we would ever want to happen, as we were founded to provide a relaxing experience all around. We look forward to your contact, and rest assured all customers are treated as equal regardless of special promotion, the only difference is how much you pay for the service, the scheduling is the same for all and everyone is a top priority as we wish to establish a nice relation with new and returning customers.
janem105
8/5/16

I'm blown away by this experience!!! I thought it was going to be a hassle to get a massage judging by some reviews, but these guys are great. I screwed up with my booking and their customer service department was quick to answer, and fix my issue! I'm definitely passing this company along to my friends and family!!

anitak17
8/5/16

I was excited to find this deal on Groupon. The booking process was nice and easy for me. My therapist had to re-book our initial appointment, but her, along with Bianca, did an excellent job in ensuring I was happy in the end. You don't find that level of customer service easy to come by these days.

janr39
7/1/16

I purchased a Groupon offer for an in-home massage with this company because I was in severe pain and needed help quickly. It was only after the purchase that I found out they had no openings for over a week in the future, so I made an appointment at the first available opening.

Over the next 1-1/2 weeks, I received a few emails from them telling me that they had not been able to find a therapist and would I please choose another date yet ANOTHER 1-2 WEEKS in the future!

I emailed them and called and left voice messages without any response, except to get more fo these emails asking me to schedule further out. So I emailed and left more voice messages - and received NOT ONE reply from them, until the eventual day of my supposed appointment when they sent me another blasted automated email to reschedule.

As a last resort, I finally sent an email to them threatening to seek legal action for false advertising and fraudulent practices. THAT got an almost instant response! (of course).

As soon as I sent that email to them, I found the phone number for Groupon and told them my problem. They were wonderful! They refunded my money (even though it was way past the 3 days they normally allow), and said they would be looking into this complaint. While on the phone with Groupon, I received a response to my threatening email to wemassage.ca. The ONLY thing they were interested in, of course, was their reputation and 'hoped' I would not cause them any problems. Ummm, too late.

So, if you have the chance to use wemassage.ca to book a massage - don't. Make an appointment with your local massage therapist instead, especially if you are in pain. This is a company I would not ever recommend, for any reason.

bradp32
6/30/16

I got my wife a Groupon for WeMassage.ca for Christmas. After several failed attempts to set up an appointment we just decided to ask for our money back. To Groupon's credit it only took one five minute call to get it taken care of.

After reading a few other reviews I am glad my wife wasn't able to use the voucher I got her. Based what I have read the Massage's add on charges are more than getting a massage at a spa. That definitely makes paying for a voucher through Groupon not a very good deal.

I would add it is exceptionally unreasonably difficult to get any form of human customer service from WeMassage.ca. My wife tried several time to get in touch with someone at WeMassage.ca to help her but in the end she was left frustrated and angry.

Tip for consumers: Good luck.

abdull201
6/25/16

There is imminent trouble getting an appointment booked and confirmed. It took several attempts to finally get a booking confirmed, Bianca even helped with the refund of $gift card value. I am ready to give chances if they can really assist. Team you got to put your work together and sort things out yo make customers experience smooth.
Had my frustrations which were dealt easy by Bianca.

nicholasl21
5/20/16

First therapist didn't show. I booked a second time and Lisa, a therapist from Laguna, was on time gave a very good massage. I would definitely request her again.

Response from Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative
Hi Nicholas- I notice a colleague has already been in touch with you to offer an update surrounding this event and we extended reach moments after receiving direct contact day of. Along with our deep apology for your time, and offer to compensate you some we were able to reschedule, and your next booking date is the May 30, and we hope you enjoy! Thank you for doing the needful and confirming this online with us, and we look forward to seeing you next visit, and maintaining a wonderful relation. Your support is appreciated when unforeseen circumstance occurs causing for a reschedule.
robertn90
5/15/16

It took a long time to even set up an available appointment. When the massage therapist arrived for the appointment, she told me to take off my shirt in front of her. She was going to give me a massage without allowing me the privacy to get onto the table and cover myself. Then she indicated I could not take my shorts off and leave my undergarments on for the massage. I asked what spa service has you undress in front of the masseuse? I asked her to leave immediately and contacted groupon regarding this company. When I tried to leave a one star review on their website, I received the message "The website cannot display the page." I tried to leave the review several times over the course of a few days.

Response from Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative
We appreciate your feedback Robert, and had a colleague reach out to you the few days ago to offer the required assistance and clarity, and we have yet to receive response, so would like to post a public comment until we hear your feedback so there is transparency. Our office wrote: " We would like to assist with this complaint, as our aim is to provide only the best client experience... We spoke with therapist in mention (female), who attended the massage booking as anticipated, and do apologize if she did not leave the room while asking you to remove shirt and get settled on the table- we of course value your privacy. The massage is done with oils majority of the time and clients are without shirt while with the therapist through the whole process, and this is the first time a complaint as such has been voiced, but we do understand the need to get yourself situated as per standard procedure when visiting a spa. Because we have therapists visiting ones home, and with our female therapists in particular when in a mans home they have just met for the first time, we also value their comfort, and as per policy of our own we have a mandatory partial draping which I assume you would have been happy to have agreed with as per standard arrangement when visiting a spa type environment, but it is at the therapist sole discretion whether or not they chose to have client remain with boxers /and shorts on or not. We can not force our female staff to have male clients fully de-robe because of some past situations where clients made them feel uncomfortable, so hope you can understand it's nothing personal to you, only an individual preference of one of our female team members and each are different. We do understand you want to be comfortable, and that is the experience we guarantee. We provide professional service by professionals, and do apologize if the day of experience was not as expected with relation to getting ready for the massage to take place. This is the first we have ever been presented with such complaint but will ensure the team is aware that client privacy is mandatory at all times in home or in spa when the area allows and even if it is just a shirt that is to come off as we want all parties to be comfortable. Let us know how you would like for us to make things right, we can rebook and send another professional, unless you have already sent reach for refund. It would be appreciated if we can work at a solution and have your online 1 star review retracted. "
We Massage

Hello, and thanks for your interest in We Massage! Please don't be hesitant to try us out, we offer many booking preferences on the form, and depending client flexibility this can offer fewer staff the opportunity to connect, and this is reason why some experience a delay in some markets. Demand also plays into this. We are a reputable business serving the nation (in over 150 major markets). This is a negative review type platform, so you won't find our satisfied customers posting here, if you wish to see honest feedback by customers of the past please visit our website review page here: https://wemassage.ca/reviews/clientreviews Any customer that can not be booked in a reasonable amount of time for any reason, rest assured we have a customer satisfaction guarantee, and so do our partners... we will always refund 100% if not satisfied with an order for any reason. We look forward to your booking, and if you have any further questions feel free to contact us direct: info@wemassage.ca Bianca H. Director WE MASSAGE

You can't

By Robi C.

Hello Linda- We appreciate your business, and our last wish is to inconvenience any of our valued clients, as we provide a relaxing service, so want the scheduling to be just as quick, and convenient. A deep apology if the scheduling of your latest treatment has been longer than anticipated. If you would be so kind to email our office at info@wemassage.ca or call 1.888.670.9995 and let us know any time / date options for the next week or two out, and I will do the needful to help organize the massage booking without further delay. Any customer that can not be booked in a reasonable amount of time for any reason, rest assured we have a customer satisfaction guarantee, and so do our partners... we will always refund 100% if not satisfied with an order for any reason. Looking forward to your contact. Bianca H. Director WE MASSAGE

By Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative

Greetings, Thank you for your interest in WE MASSAGE! If youre a massage professional; qualified RMT, LMT or CMT, and would like to join our wonderful family of therapists as an independent contractor, you may apply on our website to learn more about the company, and the hourly rates. Please click the link below to apply: https://wemassage.ca/employees/apply We look forward to hearing from you! Bianca H. Director WE MASSAGE

By Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative

If We Massage is a reputable company Bianca, why aren't you working on improving your service? I did only look at the good reviews on your website before I purchased 2- 60min. massages, now I've joined the ranks of these many dissatisfied customers, wish I would have seen these reviews first. If you want to succeed as a successful business maybe you should consider investing in a larger communications team. Taking a month or two to respond to a client's request or email is bad business not a delay. If your company had many good reviews, I'm sure people would write about it, social media is huge. However that is not the case for your business, customers are writing bad reviews because they are unsatisfied with the lack of service, wait times("delays"), communication problems to name a few. The business concept is great, but its failing as a service company.

By Juanita M.

Hi Vicky! Thanks so much for your interest in our services, and our spa locations. Once a booking is secured the therapist/s will be present day of, unless for some unforeseen reason there is illness or a personal emergency, in which case we do our best to find an immediate replacement, and if not, will reschedule promptly, and ask for kind understanding. There are very few cancellations rest assured. This platform is not a correct representation of our company, as people only come here to promote a negative experience, and it's only with the scheduling, never the massage itself, which is our product being sold. Given the title of the website being visited, this is why the vast majority with positive reviews will not be presented here, and clients will instead provide us with their honest feedback direct, which you may review some of which here: https://wemassage.ca/reviews/clientreviews Please reach out to our reservation team for further assistance, and we are more than happy to help with any questions you may have: info@wemassage.ca Bianca H. Director We Massage

By Bianca H., WeMassage.ca Representative

good luck!! it took many months before i got an appointment. weeks would go by without a reply to email. i doubt that you'll ever get a reply by telephone. my opinion. based on experience. the more you read, the more you'll see other very negative reviews about wemassage. scam alert!! avoid!!

By IAN H.

Questions? Get answers from the WeMassage.ca staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WeMassage.ca