Review of Well.ca

Tel: 1-866-640-3800
info@well.ca

caseym17
8/15/16

I really like Well.ca mostly because they have what I need and are always very consistent with their entire customer experience.

The prices are not always the best prices you can find, but I feel that its sometimes worth it to just purchase it online and it comes to you in a few days. They always wrap everything really well, especially if you order liquids. I always open the box to find the liquid packages to be in plastic bags and nestled tightly with the other products. They just have so many products to choose from and I love that they have little icons beneath each item telling you which one's are products of Canada and whether they are organic/fair trade/ gluten free etc. They have new sales all the time on different categories or brands so I keep an eye on the site to see when my products come on sale. You can easily qualify for free shipping when you spend over $25 I believe, so I usually stock up on my stuff, also I have to mention that they are partnered with Aeroplan so you can stock up on points at the same time too :)

Overall I really like Well.ca and will continue ordering from them

klm5
7/23/16

First of all the shipping was awesome, my order came in 3 days, the shipping was free as it is with all orders of $29 or more. All my items were there and in perfect condition, not a single dent in the box. Someone hand wrote "thank you" and a smiley face on my order form, which I though was very cute, I order lots of stuff online and I've never had that happen before! As someone who loves organic products, this is my go-to website for things like shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste and snacks. Awesome "green" Canadian brands such as Green Beaver and Andalou organics. Overall I am very impressed with this website and will continue to use it!

deep296
7/15/16

They were awesome at well.ca!!!! They were super helpful and good to their word! I will shop with them again, because that kind of customer service is hard to find now a days...

shelby
6/11/16

I've shopped with them many times, half were okay half were miserable.

One time I bought 3 items and they only shipped me one of the items and sent me an email saying the other two were out of stock. So I ended up getting the 1 item that I really didn't even want I just added it to my cart to hit the free shipping limit. So then I had to make a special trip to a specialty store to buy the other 2 items I actually really needed.

They have no incentive for loyal customers and only give coupons to first time customers. Which just irritates existing customers and it is bad business.

And finally my most recent order they just cancelled the whole order. So I've been waiting for my things to come and I finally check my email to see what is going on and I find out my whole order has been cancelled.

I will not be shopping here again. Waste of time and they are overpriced.

marcop21
3/22/16

Iv been shopping with them for about 3 years now and in those 3 years I only had 1 problem (resolved quickly) and 1 mistake.

The first one occurred when one of the product jar came in broken, I only noticed the broken jar a few weeks upon arrival because it was inside a box and I had no use for the product during the first few weeks from getting it. I contacted them as soon as I saw the broken jar and in no time they answered me back and the product was replaced free of charge and arrived the same week.
The other mistake was I ordered a cheap toothbrush and I got an expensive one instead : ) I didnt complain this time around.
Everyone makes mistakes and 2 during my 3 years with them is pretty much high standard. Its no different than going to a real store. The cashier at the drugstore used to make more mistake than what Well.ca did in 3 years.

Their customer service is flawless and always friendly.
Love the huge selection of products they have , the pricing and how easy it is to just go to their website, search for what you want, discover new product and in one click order everything you need.
I havent been in a real drugstore ever since I discovered Well.ca and as long as Well.ca is around I will never go to any pharmacy.

I love the little personal "Thank you" and "smiley" face they put in your transaction paper inside your package.

I cant even express how grateful I am with Well.ca

Thank you for being such a cool online shopping place.

Tip for consumers: If you want something by Friday try to place your order as early as you can during the week (even the week end) because by mid week you should expect your package to be at your door on Monday.
Everything also depends on where you are located and if there is any holidays.

klynnb
3/12/16

(To put in perspective difference for shipping, this review is coming from a West coast Canadians experience)

This is not jabbing at the products themselves, as they are exactly as shown of course! But in regards to the shipping, my first order was great! The shipping information was updated often which i loved to see where it was and how soon it would be arriving (ended up exactly a weeks time!). But I have since placed my second order (a week after my first as to how much i loved how quick shipping it was!) I placed the order on a Monday, it's now the following Friday and at this point in my first order, it had already arrived in my area, ready to be picked up the following Monday! The only tracking information I've seen has been where they have only made a shipping label, and haven't yet received any information about it.. I'm a little discouraged as I've seen many complaints about their shipping only until looking up my issue. I still have hope in them though as with my first order off the bat being BEYOND exceptional and with the comfort of knowing my babies bum salve + my nipple cream are 100% natural and safe for babies ingestion! (Because nipples!) ALSO, it's really only been one work week, so I'm sure there isn't anything to be concerned about just yet!

*Update* Its the following Monday now and I've received my order, just as quick as the first one! Considering both orders had free shipping, I am very pleased! (at the moment there is free shipping on orders 29$+) I'll definitely be recommending Well.ca in the future!

christinak21
12/16/15

The customer service is absolutely amazing! On top of that, so are the prices. Would definitely recommend. (Shipping is also super quick)

adamr65
12/16/15

Placed an order during the holiday season. Shipping time displayed at time of order was 2-4 business days. What wasn't clear is that there was a 1-3 business day processing time (buried on separate web page in the fine print). Now stuck wondering if the order will arrive in time for Christmas

marieg29
11/26/15

I ordered a supplement for my dog that I couldn't find anywhere else in Canada, delivered to my mailbox in one week, as promised....free shipping and excellent product price. Will definitely be ordering from well.ca again!

mariam189
11/6/15

I was visiting Canada for a few days from US before flying out from Montreal. I wanted to order some products that I can't find anywhere or at reasonable prices (Moringa powder and Haritaki powder) but my card was not going through. I phoned Well.ca as per their email requesting I call. I explained the situation and the people were fantastic! Not only did she have the order expedited without charging extra shipping, they also included a free bottle of vitamins with my order. If I lived in Canada, this would definitely be my go-to place for high quality, reasonably priced, and hard to find wellness products.

briannav1
10/1/15

I've ordered from Well.ca a few times and noticed a # of reviewers say that retail is cheaper, but I live in a small town so many items are not avialable locally.

Well.ca always seems to ship almost immediately after the order is processed, and when I made an error on shipping address recently, they were super quick to respond (via email), extremely friendly and helpful, and shipped a 2nd time at no extra charge.

So far, I am very happy with them and will continue to shop there. Great experience!

lisac136
9/22/15

I use and trust this site. I am always pleased with my order, the wide variety of goods, the free shipping and the little freebies they throw in. My friends now use it too and they are just as happy with them as I am. An honest and we'll run company and Canadian!

marilynd8
7/20/15

Best prices, free delivery to your door....

cc115
4/6/15

I've ordered from them a handful of times and have never had any issues. Their regular prices are not unreasonable, and they have sales often. They also have a reasonable "free shipping" threshold. The only thing I find is that their shipping times are a little bit slow as they take a few days to process an order. Other than that, I've enjoyed my experiences with this company.

clik
2/25/15

Best company I've ever shopped at. Their products are inexpensive, shipping is fast, customer service is amazing. I'll never stop shopping here!

lisat62
2/24/15

I ordered two items that I was unhappy with. I asked for a return, and well.ca customer service responded by telling me to feel free to donate the items, and they gave me a FULL refund! They did not want to inconvenience me by having me go to the post office, which as a new mom I was most grateful! Thank you well.ca for being so considerate and accommodating to new moms, a trip to the post office if definitely not as easy as it used to be. I will certainly be using well.ca in the future.

marym142
10/9/14

Awesome! Received a tracking number with bar chart of delivery progress. Arrived a day earlier than ETA. And, rather than styrofoam peanuts, packing filler was product samples. Relieved I took a chance as this is the only site I can purchase Weleda deodorant, the only natural product that doesn't leave me with BO at the end of the day ; )

jjj8
6/29/14

I have discovered that Walmart has a lot of the same things but much cheaper and FREE shipping so I will continue to use Walmart as my main stay.

shanicer
5/27/14

I have been shopping through this site for 2 years now with out any issue. Some may say its over priced but since I live up north most things are cheaper to order through Well. Especially health food product.

sarahp57
4/16/14

I'm pleased with my experience. My items arrived in about two days. One item was unavailable at local stores, and the other was cheaper (since the quantity was unavailable locally). It's now a top place I consider when I look for drugstore-related items.

jt47
4/10/14

Dont ever EVER order from this website again, trust me on this one.
I ordered once, paid for it and everything, and they send me an email saying they need a picture of my ID and debit card (which is very odd) , so i send that in and they reply saying I need to call them, I call them, and they tell me I need to pay again cuz my "order didnt go through" (which was a lie) so i ended up paying for my items TWICE. got ripped off about $60, and i kept calling them and emailing them to give me back my money, and they say that it would take 5 business days.... FORTY DAYS LATER I finally get a refund AFTER calling well.ca, my bank and everything. It was such a hassle and I will never order from this website again.

kristiem2
4/3/14

I've ordered from them over a dozen times. The system of packaging, shipping, tracking and delivery is flawless. Items are packaged well and always arrive faster than expected. You can find good deals (cheaper than in regular stores) and with free shipping, its a no-brainer! This is an easy site to recommend.

sarad20
4/1/14

AWESOME site. Good deals, sometimes great deals, and free shipping over $40. Makes life much easier. Items are ALWAYS as described. LOVE IT!!

sheilaa7
3/7/14

I love well.ca, it's like a big online pharmacy with a huuuge selection of products. The prices are comparable to other drug store but if you shop around and/or wait for sales you can save lots of time and money. Free shipping on orders over 25$, a few days to process your oder and then 2-4 days to receive it at your front door!! They have amazing customer service and they really do cherish their cutomers

lizm15
2/12/14

I'll start with CONS cause that's more interesting:

~~CONS~~

- waaay OVERPRICED compared to health stores. Their prices are only competitive compared to big corporations like Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, etc. that don't specialize in natural products. Otherwise, I've found most of what I'd need from WELL.CA carried at my local health store for anywhere from $5-$10 cheaper. That's a lot!

(Their prices have gone up a lot in the last couple of years since they've gotten bigger.)

- does not give you full ingredients list -- come on, even Sephora.com gives you ingredients list. This means you have no way of telling whether a product that is marketed as 'Natural' because it does contain SOME natural ingredients also contains toxic carcinogens, i.e. parabens, propylene glycol, etc.

~~PROS~~
- excellent communication, very fast replies and great about cancelling orders and returns
- fast shipping (for Canada at least)
- free shipping over $25, which is easy to hit considering the pricing
- good selection -- at least several brands of everything so you get some choice

Still, a good and reliable place to shop if you don't mind spending a lil bit more for the convenience and you already know what you're looking for!

Questions? Get answers from the Well.ca staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Well.ca