Review of WebStarts

Tel: 1-800-805-0920
abuse@webstarts.com

hansk24
2/19/19

I tried Shopify first. Everyone said it was the best. But I got bogged down. I liked Shopify at first because it would integrate with my eBay store, and with AliExpress.
But I found it really hard to use. I could set up the store OK, but I couldn't control my eBay inventory. I could NEVER get Kit to sync with my Facebook, and several of the apps were glitchy and hard to use. And support was non-existent. No sales, or almost no sales, and couldn't figure out how to drive any traffic to my site. For $29 a month, I thought I could do better.
Then I found WebStarts. It was WAY easier to design my web page, I started getting a TON of traffic right away, as they did the SEO for me, and the support is fantastic. And it is cheaper. So far, for me as a person not very good with websites, this has been a very good experience. VERY good! It has even driven more traffic to my eBay store with a link I use on the front page. So it gives me a web presence with my own store, and drives traffic to my eBay store, for less cost. I can't say enough or recommend this service enough. Great expereience!

Tip for consumers: Basic store or online presence

stanleyl44
5/23/18

these guys now what they are doing ,they are not selfish, they teach me well thank Aaron from stanwebmaster.com

clarkr13
5/11/18

A few times I have tried to find reason to walk away from WebStarts... but every time I do they always SHOCK me, by not only resolving my issue, but pointing out other things their software is capable of doing that I never even thought about.

Just a minute ago I thanked the WebStarts team for resolving an issues I had with my website that stops movies from playing automatically when someone lands on my website (this is something that all computers as well as laptops and mobile phones are going to loose the capability of allowing in the not so distant future, the reason is to try to stop hackers from using that as a way to get into your system)... the way WebStarts got around getting a movie to show when someone lands on my site was "inginious"... and I thanked them for that. I told them that they where making me a Webstarts user for life... and they are. Thank you WebStarts.

deborahb133
11/10/17

Webstarts is a great website hosting service. For someone like me who doesn't want to get bogged down with programming code, it's almost child play. Their drag and drop page builder is very easy to use and they offer many professional looking templates to get you up and going without wasting time. Perhaps what I appreciate the most though is their support team. They are always there to guide you and help you with any issues you may be experiencing. Their computer engineers were able to import my Wordpress Blog when I got stuck saving me a lot of time, money and stress. They never gave up until it was done. Their many tutorials also are fantastic giving you the feeling that they have really thought of everything. As an instructor, I also like the fact that I can integrate Flash files, video and audio onto my website. Deborah Bell

jackiec88
10/23/17

Just terrible, from the moment we started with them, it was awful. Whenever calling with a problem, it was guaranteed that we were second guessed. I understand "recreating" the problem but this was not the case - it was the attitude when dealing with them. Most recently we tried to cancel our service and despite sending several emails notifying of the cancellation and what needs to be done, they never responded. Then finally about a month later, I received a TEXT MESSAGE saying that my website was down and needed to contact them immediately. What a terrible marketing ploy! Fortunately I knew better but still called to finally end this whole "relationship" - sat on hold for 12 minutes - good thing I wasn't really experiencing an issue. Finally when I spoke with someone, the gentleman was rude when I mentioned that I had sent emails regarding our account. Just kept telling me that "we always respond quickly." Then when he finally did see the emails, one arrived on 09/25 (today is 10/23) and the other he found in spam - he accused me of spamming people because their system is flawless. What a joke. Bunch of narcissists. Happy to be out of their clutches!

glenng44
10/6/17

Your site makes it possible for a "average computer dude" to build a reasonable effective beginning website (http://branches-burls.webstarts.com/). Having your WebStarts Knowledge page just a clip away is most helpful. And I felt very "supported" by your personal e-mail etc. Thank you.

Glenn

alfreedad
8/18/17

I knew nothing about building a website. I thought that I had to know HTML and other associated programs. Lets just say that I'm not a wiz when it comes to computers. I kept seeing ads for this WebStarts.com, and how easy it is to make your own website, without programming knowledge! I was looking for a webmaster to make my site, most were pretty pricey. I wanted to see what this WebStarts.com was all about, and if the webmasters (that were trying to get me as a client) were telling me the truth; about the difficulties of making and managing a webpage. WebStarts.com has simplified webpage making. They give you so much freedom to make the website you want, with simple user-friendly drag-n-drop tools. I don't feel limited or intimidated. I even learned some simple HTML tricks that the "pros" do. Whenever I got stuck doing something I'd contact their Support team, and let me tell you these guys are masters at their craft. The free version sold me, when I purchased a plan (which was very reasonable) I was rewarded with more toys (design tools) to play with! WebStarts.com is the real deal, I'm a real custom/client and I am very pleased with their product and business. I highly recommend you try it, you won't be disappointed.

haroldm50
8/13/17

These guys got it together, the easiest web builder software that I have ever used. If I can set up a website using Webstarts.com, anyone can and support is phenomenal.

edwardc98
7/25/17

WebStarts is a dynamic website editor that is ridiculously easy to use and which produces professional results. If one does have questions, the level of customer service is higher than any I have experienced in any industry. They even go to the extent of creating a custom video analysis of your difficulty and how to solve it. The people behind the site are cool, composed, and caringly considerate. I can't imagine using any other system. Edward Carter, PhD.

pharise
7/17/17

As A Satisfied Customer Of WebStarts, It is My Sincere Pleasure To Share A Positive & True Testimony That WebStarts Is By Far Hands Down The Best Do-It-Yourself Site For Creating/Designing Websites Ive Ever Worked With.. & Ive Explored More Than My Share But It WebStarts That Ive Found To Be The Best And Easiest.

The Templates Are Really Nice & Their Customer Service Is BEYOND Patient.. Ive Designed Up To 9 Sites - & Aaron Dycus Has Been One Support Ive Had The Privilege To Work With Me

I Recommend WebStarts To All I Design For.
Note: I dont personally know Aaron, Steve, or Adambut they will service u like they care about u & your site.

{My Name Is Pharis & I Approve This Message}

donu9
6/29/17

I tried other website building sights, get frustrated with their complicated un-creative tools. I was lucky to get on board with Webstarts. Creating a commercial website was easy. Their CS is fantastic, responsive and helpful. They improved their Dashboard over the years. Creating an appealing commercial website with limited resources is easy. Their pricing is very, very affordable for all the features you want to add. Highly recommend them!

ralphp44
6/28/17

Great communication, met all my needs. Have been a customer for 5 plus years easy to work with Highly recommend

irobotr
6/3/17

I've worked with many website design sites over the last two decades comparing them all. One or the other would not do something important that I needed when it comes to running a radio station website as coding can be very technical. I found webstarts years ago and it was the most complete and easiest web designing website I could find. I even use it to do most my own art and edit my images. I had left for wordpress for about 2 years, which can be very complicated, but webstarts technology and updates now have me going back to webstarts. It's just too easy to use, most tools are common sense. It's as simple as copy and pasting and having fun to see what all I can do. They have really come a long way and I would very highly recommend them.

paulw237
6/1/17

Customer service is exceptional, they are patient and thorough, even with a novice like me. Helped me learn their software and apply it.

sikaa
5/2/17

Personal support always answers within the same business day (over 14 h time difference between Japan and USA) and often makes the changes on my site on behalf of me to save all of our time! Excellent features and getting better...:-)Personal support always answers within the same business day (over 14 h time difference between Japan and USA) and often makes the changes on my site on behalf of me to save all of our time! Excellent features and getting better...:-)

Tip for consumers: Don't hesitate to ask for tricks or missing features! All platforms have their these, this one doesn't list what's missing but rapidly tell you a workaround or that it's not available...yet (more than once my bug report was fixed within minutes of reading my report and then me emailed to check it out!)...:-)

stephaniea63
4/22/17

I am pleased with new upgraded editor. I always have superb technical and customer support. They have responded promptly every time.

anjalig4
4/15/17

I got prompt reply to my questions and they helped me with the information I wanted to know. Recommended!!!

graemem12
4/11/17

WebStarts would have to be the easiest and best program for anyone to build a web site and then to top it off the support would have to be 1st class

danielr148
3/15/17

Webstarts has been my "go to" for many different aspects of my professional AND personal life. The system is fairly easy to use and really anyone can get an active website up in just a few minutes. Add a little more understanding to widgets and coding and the sky is the limit. It's a true "plug and play" environment that allows you to be as creative or static as you want.

For the ease of use and freebies they offer, it's hard to beat.

Thank you Webstarts!

Response from Adam B., WebStarts Representative
Thank you for the 5 star rating Daniel. We appreciate you :D
colbys11
3/15/17

We have been with Webstarts for 7+ years and have 60 websites with them. It is a good website builder that is very simple to use. Customer support has always been top notch - Steve is very attentive to our needs. Through the years we have seen Webstarts grow and add more features to their easy website builder, which makes it even easier for us to build websites. You should definitely give them a try... We have been more than pleased with Webstarts!

Tip for consumers: They have a free version you can try... The easy builder is simple to use

Response from Adam B., WebStarts Representative
You're the best Colby. Thank you for the loyalty and support. You're a true asset to our company.
darinp9
3/14/17

Webstarts has been great to work with from day one. The design platform is easy to use and includes a lot of tools and widgets to help make your websites functional and look really professional.

Their format is way better than wordpress because everyone can point out a wordpress website. Webstarts gives you the choice of trendy templates that you can change or add any element to, or you can start with a blank canvas.

Pros: Easy to use, great customer service, fair pricing, reliable, regular upgrades.
Cons: Not 100% responsive, mobile editor can be tricky sometimes.

Would I recommend? Absolutely! I researched every DYI website company for months and hands down Webstarts has the best overall program.

Response from Adam B., WebStarts Representative
Thank you Darin for being such a loyal patron. We look forward to serving you for years to come. You create some of the best looking websites.
clarer25
3/14/17

We had some hurdles to get over but WE DID IT TOGETHER! That's what makes a great company. There are issues no matter who you are working with, but IT'S THE OUTCOME THAT MATTERS. Now I'm encouraged that no matter what comes up, it can be crossed with confidence that together WE'LL WIN! After all, WHEN BOTH SIDES WIN, WHAT ELSE IS THERE!! Thanks Guys

Response from Adam B., WebStarts Representative
Thank you Clare. You're awesome! We appreciate you :D
johna902
3/14/17

So I was pretty skeptical of Webstarts at first. I had seen some not-so great reviews, and some really awesome reviews, so I figured I'd try it myself. Hands down, the best web builder I've used. I know my way around computers but I'm no techie- their drag and drop method makes it stupid simple. Modern templates, plenty of tools. Honestly, what won me over was the face that you can call and speak to a real person. I had a little bit of a hangup where I couldn't figure out something with the menu bar, but their team talked me through it on the phone. Would reccommend to anyone.

jeanm98
2/9/17

Having used WEBSTARTS to create, edit and maintain a site for our local pool leagues for 7+ years speaks for itself. WEBSTARTS offers free Web pages you can create and for a bigger site and more options you can purchase a package for a very reasonable price. Any time I've ever had a problem with a page I contact them and POOF! It's fixed. I highly recommend WEBSTARTS! Check it out at webstarts.com

juliannep3
1/22/17

What drew me initially to WebStarts was their fair and affordable pricing. I stayed because the layouts of their websites are beautiful and very diverse and customizable. I also loved their rapid responses to my support emails. Even when I ask stupid questions that have obvious answers, they are so kind and give solid answers. I highly recommend them and would not use anyone else to host my website!

Notice how webstarts only comments on the positive reviewers...they are incredibly unhelpful and this should be a red flag to you NOT to use their service.

By Jackie C.

Questions? Get answers from the WebStarts staff and other customers.

2 Photos for WebStarts