Wayfair UK

Wayfair UK has a consumer rating of 1.44 stars from 80 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Wayfair UK most frequently mention customer service, next day and trading standards problems. Wayfair UK ranks 388th among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.1%

No positive highlights yet

• No help from customer services, advised to look at other sofas.
How would you rate Wayfair UK?

“Lampshades and all furniture”

Michael G.
1/20/21

I can't praise this company enough I've had furniture delivered from other places but this one deserves 5 stars everything I've ordered camd in first class condition delivered when they said it would and customer service is first class think Il furnish my flat with all their stuff it's brilliant

“I have ordered an LED Carlisa 3-Light…Back in April 2020”

Alex W.
9/4/20

I have ordered an LED Carlisa 3-Light back in April this year. I have received several emails throughout telling me its been delayed another month after month. I have noticed on their site that they are now selling the item again and if I order it I will receive in three Days time. I have complained only to be told its delayed again until October! And yet I can cancel and buy the Light at an inflated price and receive it in Three days. How can this be right?

customer service (32)
alexw615
September 4th, 2020

jamieb742
July 5th, 2021

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Placed an order for a tv stand and realised after 24 hours that I ordered it in the wrong colour. The delivery date is confirmed as 20th July and when I requested a cancellation on the 4th July I was told it's too late to cancel as they are preparing to ship it, yet the ETA is still the 20th July! Aine O was particularly unhelpful, would avoid this company at all costs!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t order from this site!

Furniture

robm480
February 1st, 2021

If Wayfair.co.uk put as much energy into making sure they delivered what you ordered it would be a good company. We placed first (and last) ever order for a bathroom cupboard. Arrived missing parts, any bolts etc and no instructions. Customer service said they'd send a new one then we got a confusing email but basically they didn't stock it anymore. Don't be fooled by the slick adverts - terrible company.

Products used:
None, they didn’t deliver a full product

michaelt1643
October 13th, 2020

Purchased 3 leather/chrome bar stools from Wayfair UK at a cost of over £300 in September 2018 and all three are now unusable due to their backs breaking.
I contacted Wayfair who told me the guarantee period finished a month earlier so they would not help!
We now need 3 replacement stools and I can guarantee we won't be purchasing from this terrible company.

Shop elsewhere !

Leather chrome bar stools x 3

karenc2166
July 16th, 2021

Do not waste your time purchasing anything from this company, I constantly called customer services to no avail, given 2. Delivery dates both unfulfilled, apparently patio set was then put on hold due to pricing issue, when I ordered it was £799.00 price now £3000. 00. They then cancelled my order.as reported on other reviews totally untrustworthy. Maybe I had a lucky escape as other reviews state poor quality goods, as for rating them it would be a big fat zero.

natashal147
June 21st, 2021

Bought a garden corner sofa Mid-April, had a could of delays which i was fine about. The latest delay i called up to see what is happening. Said they would investigate and come back to me, sent email delaying the investigation. Just got an email through cancelling my order. The sofa is still on their website available to order however now double the cost... Rip off. No help from customer services, advised to look at other sofas. Well will need to wait 3-5 days for my money they have had this whole time. Will NEVER use again.

mohsena25
July 23rd, 2021

The worse online shopping experiences. Absolutely joke after 9 weeks did not get my order. Poor service. Bad

alisonn55
November 23rd, 2020

Customer service is a joke, they can't even be bothered to reply to my email. The scam is offering £15 for your first order. Don't be fooled, you will not get a penny off. All Wayfair cares about is getting their hands on your hard earned cash. After that you can whistle. The charges to return goods are exorbitant, they obviously hope you will not bother. I certainly will never use this company again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know.

jg637
May 28th, 2020

Having waited a over month for a "next day delivery" shipment I finally receive the order to find it's the wrong colour.
Wayfair were happy to offer me a discount if I kept the wrong item - offered nothing as compensation otherwise.
I'm now in the process of waiting the estimate of another month before my item is even shipped.

Poor service and would not use again which is a shame really as on first glance it looks like a quality site. Just pay the extra and get your products from a legit site with faster service and better quality of products.

ahsank3
March 2nd, 2020

Ordered a chair, was told it would be delivered a few days later, but no chair arrived. Called Wayfair who have literally no clue on how to resolve the issue and told me they were chasing the courier for an update.

One of the worst companies I have dealt with on the internet - useless problem solving skills, use an incompetent courier (DHL in my case) and don't appear to have a proper process in place for dealing with formal complaints. I would will not be using this company again and do not recommend to anyone if you value your sanity.

laurenk320
February 25th, 2021

I have placed multiple ordered with Wayfair and despite claiming to offer fast shipping I was waiting 4 weeks. Only when contacting them was I told that they couldn't deliver because Brexit complications. Most of their items are actually not even in stock, they just keep postponing delivery dates! Ordered from The Range instead and received my items within a week... seems Brexit complications only affect unprofessional companies then!

tomw959
October 19th, 2020

Purchased a two bar electric fire from here, looked really good on the website! Ordered it last Sunday and it said it was going to arrive on the 12th but it didn't show up, I then call up the company and they say they are going to try and send it again, it then arrives today (19.10.2020), opened the box to find it has a broken element! Will not be purchasing from this dog turd of a company again!

olgap79
November 16th, 2020

I have ordered sideboard on the 31.11.2020 Delivery date 4.11 Two weeks later still no sign of my furniture. Lack of communication no updates with order status.
I had to make a phone call to the customer service. They promise to deliver within few days. At the end they just cancel my order without any explanation and issued the refund. The money still didn't reach my account. Scum. Avoid.

mahtar
September 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I had ordered 4 items from wayfair, only to find out that each item was £40 more expensive than any other online shop. I called them to arrange returns, they booked a return but never actually picked up my items. They charge £4.31 pick up for each item for a service they didn't provide and had the audacity to tell me that it is against their company policy to return my money. When asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold for a long period.
They also change their invoices on the app so be very careful and aware how much you pay to them, they will find anyway to scam you. Horrible company with low morals, never dealing with them again and advising anyone else not to.

janetw915
June 25th, 2021

Brought a hammock stand for nearly £200 but the wood split within a few months. Requested a refund and told the would collect it & given date. Waited in & nobody came. Despite continual chasing & making a formal complaint I have now wasted 5 days (6 including today) waiting for a collection that never happens. Customer service do not read your emails properly or respond to your points. Instead blanket template emails are sent apologising & promising to do better but then the same thing happens. I reviewed on another site & they tried to respond by saying their management team was assisting me but they are not helping or responding to any of my points. Terrible company & will never use again.

pennyw135
November 17th, 2020

My dinner plates arrived to be buffet plates. Wrong concept! You stand to eat from a buffet plate and sit to eat from a dinner plate! I was asked to measure the plate?. Who measures plates? This item was totally misleading according to the Trades description act. They arrived with stickers on them saying Buffet plates although they were described as Inner plates.
Absolute waste of time and very misleading

binh
February 5th, 2020

Wayfair.co.uk is untreatable vendor, I placed an order (#*******648) on 05.11.2019, and it's been delayed since then, no product delivered. During the communication with service department, this business has been delayed twice! And still hasn't delivered till now (05.02.2020). The latest email indicate that the shipment is expected to dispatch on 20.02.2020 and reach me on early March. This is a joke! Can not believe what kind of business ethics Wayfair has! The service department offered minimal assistance and the customer seems nothing to them. A ridiculous company!

angelab1065
October 19th, 2020

Unfortunately, I would not recommend buying from Wayfair following a disappointing and frustrating experience in recent months. Customers seem to be left to do all the chasing up and make phone calls.
Ordered a corner sofa that, when delivered, was of very poor quality, uncomfortable and flimsy. After 2 months we had to request a refund.
I have had another issue with an order placed for a computer desk. Only part of the desk was delivered 6 weeks ago and currently, 2 month after placing the order, still waiting for the missing parts to be shipped from Poland. There seems no way of speaking to a manager or raising a complaint. Keep getting referred to a ‘delivery investigation team' but then given conflicting information and dates!
Website is misleading with delivery dates. Delivery service poor.
This order has been delayed at least twice, new dates of delivery keep being promised and delayed. Unless you order very small items, such as a couple of cushions, it's not worth the risk of buying from Wayfair.
I won't be placing orders with this company again.

lisar1602
May 7th, 2021

First and last time that I will use wayfair. Very unhand way to run a business! Ordered 6 single dining chairs as the pairs (which were cheaper) were apparently out of stock. When the order arrived, guess what I received! 3 sets of pairs! I phoned wayfair to complain about this and they just said sorry. No offer to rectify it or refund the difference that they had fraudulently charged me. They didn't care. As for the product themselves, not really impressed with the quality, as I paid over £700 for 6 chairs I really didn't expect them all to have various threads hanging off of them where they have not been finished properly. I will buy elsewhere next time.

Shop elsewhere

Dining Chairs

martynw10
April 26th, 2021

Bespoke Part missing. Replacement requested. 3 week wait for the missing part! Refused to compensate for this big inconvenience (my house is not a storage warehouse). Really poor customer service will not use again and recommend you do not.

Don't use this site

Coblyn sideboard

stephent577
January 26th, 2021

I am always happy to post positive reviews to reward effort or encourage good service, but as both a customer and a lawyer I have to report serious issues with Wayfair. Customer service is something that we tend to depend upon online. Wayfair's customer service is lacking, ill-considered and substandard, in which the company's interest is put before that of the customer. Which is a pity for their product range is attractive. However, their job as online distribution is simply to get the right product to the right customer at a competitive price - and here they consistently fail. If you have the choice to shop with another provider, I would recommend that you do so.

jorganj
June 10th, 2021

An absolutely atrocious attitude. They advertise and send the incorrect product. Tough luck. Chat cut short. Will not even consider cashing in the gift card under the circumstances. Just, said now one else would, so we won't and so what if or service is rubbish... Avoid them. Buyer be warned. Chatted with MARK! I can provide a copy of the online chat if you like?

Update. Now they are complaining that I have put in info that is against Trustpilot guidelines, really, please tell me what I have said? Their customer service is non existent, This order didn't start off on the right foot in the first place, and was treated very badly...

stephenm1266
September 18th, 2020

This is one Shambolic disgraceful company who dont give a dam about there customers! Keep well away infact my experience has made me poorly. From managerswho just ignore & dont return calls. Customer service who just pass buck its a joke of a company! Ive a list of names emails etc could list & will do in evidence of how poor weve been treated!

martins526
January 23rd, 2020

An utter disgrace.

Having ordered an expensive item, I was given a delivery window. They failed to turn up. I chased them, and was told I had asked them not deliver it!

I asked for a manager, 5 times, they refused.

I asked for their complaints procedure 3 times, they refused.

Everyday it was me chasing them, and everyday brought more lies and ignorance.

And this was only one occasion. They never deliver when they say. Nothing ever looks the same as the pictures. And most things are damaged.

Never again. At least amazon have the decency to speak to you.

chriss194
July 26th, 2021

My experience of ordering a shed from Wayfair was universally bad.
The price was on the high side, but I had to wait 3 months for delivery. Communication with the company about the delivery date was worse than useless. They seem to outsource this, so when you e-mail them you (eventually!) get a reply which is just coped & pasted from somewhere and does not address the question you asked.
In my case, the shed was delivered without proper confirmation of the date or the promised tracking number by a different courier to the one Wayfair told me would be handling this. The first I knew about this was a call while I was at work saying 'I'm at your house with a shed.'
I also felt the quality of the product was mediocre at best. Many of the screws through the outer cladding of the shed have missed the batten they are meant to go into. Not terminal, but poor workmanship and indicative of zero quality control.
I raised these issued with Wayfair through out, but they have basically told me to f-off.
Whatever you want to buy from Wayfair will be available somewhere else, and I will certainly only be using them as a last resort form now on. My advice to anyone else would be to do the same.

Go somewhere else.

Shed

Misleading advertising, inferior products, make you pay to return products, generic answers when you complain, as though one shoe fits all, not a customer centric. Company, absolutely disappointed with them, I thought nonsense like this had stopped 20 yrs ago, people In lockdown due to virus and some companies using the opportunity to sell rubbish online with fake advertising - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM save yourself the frustration, money and waste if your own preciouse time - they really don't care about you at all

By Douglas M.