Wayfair UK

Wayfair UK has a consumer rating of 1.57 stars from 61 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Wayfair UK most frequently mention customer service and next day problems. Wayfair UK ranks 296th among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.5%

No positive highlights yet

• Its very hard to get through to customer service but eventually I did.
How would you rate Wayfair UK?

“Lampshades and all furniture”

Michael G.
1/20/21

I can't praise this company enough I've had furniture delivered from other places but this one deserves 5 stars everything I've ordered camd in first class condition delivered when they said it would and customer service is first class think Il furnish my flat with all their stuff it's brilliant

“I have ordered an LED Carlisa 3-Light…Back in April 2020”

Alex W.
9/4/20

I have ordered an LED Carlisa 3-Light back in April this year. I have received several emails throughout telling me its been delayed another month after month. I have noticed on their site that they are now selling the item again and if I order it I will receive in three Days time. I have complained only to be told its delayed again until October! And yet I can cancel and buy the Light at an inflated price and receive it in Three days. How can this be right?

customer service (14)
alexw615
September 4th, 2020

robm480
February 1st, 2021

If Wayfair.co.uk put as much energy into making sure they delivered what you ordered it would be a good company. We placed first (and last) ever order for a bathroom cupboard. Arrived missing parts, any bolts etc and no instructions. Customer service said they'd send a new one then we got a confusing email but basically they didn't stock it anymore. Don't be fooled by the slick adverts - terrible company.

Products used:
None, they didn’t deliver a full product

michaelt1643
October 13th, 2020

Purchased 3 leather/chrome bar stools from Wayfair UK at a cost of over £300 in September 2018 and all three are now unusable due to their backs breaking.
I contacted Wayfair who told me the guarantee period finished a month earlier so they would not help!
We now need 3 replacement stools and I can guarantee we won't be purchasing from this terrible company.

Tip for consumers:
Shop elsewhere !

Leather chrome bar stools x 3

alisonn55
November 23rd, 2020

Customer service is a joke, they can't even be bothered to reply to my email. The scam is offering £15 for your first order. Don't be fooled, you will not get a penny off. All Wayfair cares about is getting their hands on your hard earned cash. After that you can whistle. The charges to return goods are exorbitant, they obviously hope you will not bother. I certainly will never use this company again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know.

jg637
May 28th, 2020

Having waited a over month for a "next day delivery" shipment I finally receive the order to find it's the wrong colour.
Wayfair were happy to offer me a discount if I kept the wrong item - offered nothing as compensation otherwise.
I'm now in the process of waiting the estimate of another month before my item is even shipped.

Poor service and would not use again which is a shame really as on first glance it looks like a quality site. Just pay the extra and get your products from a legit site with faster service and better quality of products.

ahsank3
March 2nd, 2020

Ordered a chair, was told it would be delivered a few days later, but no chair arrived. Called Wayfair who have literally no clue on how to resolve the issue and told me they were chasing the courier for an update.

One of the worst companies I have dealt with on the internet - useless problem solving skills, use an incompetent courier (DHL in my case) and don't appear to have a proper process in place for dealing with formal complaints. I would will not be using this company again and do not recommend to anyone if you value your sanity.

laurenk320
February 25th, 2021

I have placed multiple ordered with Wayfair and despite claiming to offer fast shipping I was waiting 4 weeks. Only when contacting them was I told that they couldn't deliver because Brexit complications. Most of their items are actually not even in stock, they just keep postponing delivery dates! Ordered from The Range instead and received my items within a week... seems Brexit complications only affect unprofessional companies then!

olgap79
November 16th, 2020

I have ordered sideboard on the 31.11.2020 Delivery date 4.11 Two weeks later still no sign of my furniture. Lack of communication no updates with order status.
I had to make a phone call to the customer service. They promise to deliver within few days. At the end they just cancel my order without any explanation and issued the refund. The money still didn't reach my account. Scum. Avoid.

tomw959
October 19th, 2020

Purchased a two bar electric fire from here, looked really good on the website! Ordered it last Sunday and it said it was going to arrive on the 12th but it didn't show up, I then call up the company and they say they are going to try and send it again, it then arrives today (19.10.2020), opened the box to find it has a broken element! Will not be purchasing from this dog turd of a company again!

pennyw135
November 17th, 2020

My dinner plates arrived to be buffet plates. Wrong concept! You stand to eat from a buffet plate and sit to eat from a dinner plate! I was asked to measure the plate?. Who measures plates? This item was totally misleading according to the Trades description act. They arrived with stickers on them saying Buffet plates although they were described as Inner plates.
Absolute waste of time and very misleading

binh
February 5th, 2020

Wayfair.co.uk is untreatable vendor, I placed an order (#*******648) on 05.11.2019, and it's been delayed since then, no product delivered. During the communication with service department, this business has been delayed twice! And still hasn't delivered till now (05.02.2020). The latest email indicate that the shipment is expected to dispatch on 20.02.2020 and reach me on early March. This is a joke! Can not believe what kind of business ethics Wayfair has! The service department offered minimal assistance and the customer seems nothing to them. A ridiculous company!

angelab1065
October 19th, 2020

Unfortunately, I would not recommend buying from Wayfair following a disappointing and frustrating experience in recent months. Customers seem to be left to do all the chasing up and make phone calls.
Ordered a corner sofa that, when delivered, was of very poor quality, uncomfortable and flimsy. After 2 months we had to request a refund.
I have had another issue with an order placed for a computer desk. Only part of the desk was delivered 6 weeks ago and currently, 2 month after placing the order, still waiting for the missing parts to be shipped from Poland. There seems no way of speaking to a manager or raising a complaint. Keep getting referred to a ‘delivery investigation team' but then given conflicting information and dates!
Website is misleading with delivery dates. Delivery service poor.
This order has been delayed at least twice, new dates of delivery keep being promised and delayed. Unless you order very small items, such as a couple of cushions, it's not worth the risk of buying from Wayfair.
I won't be placing orders with this company again.

stephent577
January 26th, 2021

I am always happy to post positive reviews to reward effort or encourage good service, but as both a customer and a lawyer I have to report serious issues with Wayfair. Customer service is something that we tend to depend upon online. Wayfair's customer service is lacking, ill-considered and substandard, in which the company's interest is put before that of the customer. Which is a pity for their product range is attractive. However, their job as online distribution is simply to get the right product to the right customer at a competitive price - and here they consistently fail. If you have the choice to shop with another provider, I would recommend that you do so.

stephenm1266
September 18th, 2020

This is one Shambolic disgraceful company who dont give a dam about there customers! Keep well away infact my experience has made me poorly. From managerswho just ignore & dont return calls. Customer service who just pass buck its a joke of a company! Ive a list of names emails etc could list & will do in evidence of how poor weve been treated!

martins526
January 23rd, 2020

An utter disgrace.

Having ordered an expensive item, I was given a delivery window. They failed to turn up. I chased them, and was told I had asked them not deliver it!

I asked for a manager, 5 times, they refused.

I asked for their complaints procedure 3 times, they refused.

Everyday it was me chasing them, and everyday brought more lies and ignorance.

And this was only one occasion. They never deliver when they say. Nothing ever looks the same as the pictures. And most things are damaged.

Never again. At least amazon have the decency to speak to you.

nicih2
November 21st, 2020

Ensure you fully research the item you want on various sites to get the best price/quality before buying from Wayfair. We bought an item from them for £45, the quality was poor for the money - the box came with the original provider's details on, their site sells them for £25! We thought the item was exclusive to Wayfair. They won't refund the difference. We won't use Wayfair again.

sophiem111
October 15th, 2020

This company basically gets you to sign up to their newsletters on the promise of £15 off your first order. Then sends you a welcome newsletter/email without a code on it! You put through an order thinking you will have the £15 automatically taken off, which of course doesn't happen! You complain to Wayfair about the whole thing and they tell you that you haven't signed up to their newsletter (even though you have received it!) and will not honour their promise of money off - as apparently their policy is that they do not apply codes to orders already placed! Then a few days later you receive an email with a promo code on it! Talk about taking the pee! Terrible customer service and a scam! AVOID!

malwinam1
June 3rd, 2020

Pls pls. Pls. Never buy from them, the worst customer service, waiting for item and can't even contact them, they took my money and quiet now, not professional at all.be careful everyone, never buy from them.

mirandaw57
June 3rd, 2020

I ordered two Garrick sofas in February. They looked lovely in the online catalogue. However, I never got to see them. They were lost twice, and then randomly Wayfair refunded my money for one of the sofas, without letting me know why. This is five months after I ordered them, and several delivery days came and went. Customer care is appalling in this company. I was given so many different excuses for the delays - the sofas were lost, they were damaged, they were taking so long to make because they were so good. Utter nightmare. Really do avoid.

karene687
December 7th, 2020

Ordered and paid for a sofa in good time for Xmas delivery. I've now been told, via email, and two days before it was due to be delivered, that the sofa has been discontinued. I now cannot order a sofa for Xmas from anywhere as Wayfair have left it so late to tell me. Appalling customer service.

charlier97
June 12th, 2020

Ordered a bed at the beginning of May, here's the full saga:

- Bed was delivered 27th May.
- Packaging in extremely poor state. Seemed to have been opened and then badly sellotaped back together. Box fell apart while being carried up to our flat, parts all over the place which we painstakingly collected and ferried into our flat piece by piece.
- When trying to assemble the bed, it becomes clear that an entire pack of screws (not just one or two, but AL of the screws of this type) are missing.
- Wayfair will not send replacement screws. They have said that their supplier can't send screws alone, and musty send a replacement bed, but just seems like a case of Computer Says No.
- Wayfair have said we can have the bed replaced, but not until July, and this is extremely inconvenient because of the destroyed packaging/

Wayfair have simply failed to provide the product we paid for, and are not interested in helping us suffer any less inconvenience, instead doing the bare minimum to avoid providing either any decent service or compensation

Finally, I would recommend looking elsewhere online for reviews of Wayfair. It seems Trustpilot is extremely biased compared to other review sites.

francesm245
October 29th, 2020

Wayfair sent order to the wrong address, and I have spent weeks trying to receive a refund. They ignore messages. I would not recommend this company. I now have to pay my credit card until refund is received or there will be charges.

samanthac374
October 8th, 2020

I PURCHASED A BEDSIDE CABINET FOR SON FROM WAYFAIR, THE WOODEN PIECES ARRIVED BROKEN, NOT BROKEN IN TRANSIT BROKEN BEFORE PACKED, FOR EXAMPLE A WOODEN PIECE OF THE CABINET THAT MEASURED AROUND 2 FOOT ARRIVED BROKEN IN 2 HALFS, CLEARLY THIS WAS NOT BROKEN IN TRANSIT BUT BROKEN BEFORE IT WAS PACKED, I CONTACTED MY CARD COMPANY TO RECLAIM MY MONEY BACK AS WAYFAIR HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE...

MY ADVISE TO ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE FROM THEM GO TO A PROPER STORE AVOID THESE JOKERS

caitrionak
February 13th, 2021

I ordered a sun lounger in April or May last year, very good reviews so seemed like a good deal at £44. Several days later it was delivered; it was in fact a camp bed. I went through the packaging but there were no returns instructions. We were in lockdown so everything was a bit more complicated than usual, so although I looked up the wayfair returns centre, I had to print a label to return the camp bed and have no printer at home and my office was closed. The camp bed (which was labeled as a sunbed) was of no use to me so I just gave it to a friend. 8

grahamw122
January 21st, 2021

They take your money with a promise the item is IN STOCK for next day delivery. They say dispatched, then week after week delivery gets cancelled the day before. After a MONTH the wrong, different, unsuitable bed arrived. I will never use this company again.

Tip for consumers:
under no circumstances use this company.

Bed

Misleading advertising, inferior products, make you pay to return products, generic answers when you complain, as though one shoe fits all, not a customer centric. Company, absolutely disappointed with them, I thought nonsense like this had stopped 20 yrs ago, people In lockdown due to virus and some companies using the opportunity to sell rubbish online with fake advertising - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM save yourself the frustration, money and waste if your own preciouse time - they really don't care about you at all

By Douglas M.