Review of WalmartChecks

Oakland, CA 94621, US
Tel: 1-866-925-2432

jefft203
4/2/19

I had 2 batches of checks written. 1 book had the incorrect routing numbers and the other had incorrect account numbers. They wrote a bank name on the check not associated with my account. Never again will I order checks with them. Terrible customer service.

sar11
3/19/19

I've only used one set but I am ordering checks from another company and will shred the WM checks. No matter how carefully I try to tear the check out, it looks like I gnawed it out. And I consider it a success it I get it out without tearing. The duplicate check can hardly be read when I finally get the check out.
I don't know if WM does their own checks or another company does them for them, but I'd like to know so I can avoid them too!

jc734
3/1/19

The quality of Walmart checks looks like a copy of a copy of a copy..you get my point! It's very light, faded, blurred lines and not a bold print. I called customer service and spoke with Christine who shared, that's how it is! If you ask us to reprint it, it'll be the same. Conversation sounded like a usual call to her of receiving calls from NOT happy campers. I will not order checks again from Walmart. Just wish their customer service was like their store policy. Checks in the Mail and Unlimited checks are the best!!

dennish217
1/30/19

Checks we ordered didn't have our phone number and our H initial was in Old English
( couldn't tell what is was). Customer service is pitiful and unhelpful. Do Not buy these checks, We Won't, again...

lacim3
1/28/19

After filling all info for two companies, walmart added a $20 processing fee to the total without telling you they were doing that.. what a waste of time!!!

barbarar419
1/28/19

Walmart Stores don't accept checks ordered from Walmart.com. I can't use these checks at their stores. I'm told by cashiers that no account exists, yet I have no problem using the checks at other retailers! I will never order checks from Walmart again!

jonh190
8/31/18

My bank offers "free" checks ... with a $13+ shipping fee !!. All the cheap check printers I tried had lots of extra fees tacked-on at checkout and/or had HORRIBLE ratings (look for bradfordexchange for scary reviews). On my $7.46 order, WM free shipping is a 3 week wait, AND they still added a $3.36 "processing fee" plus $0.65 in tax. $11.47 total seems to be as low as it gets... Ugh, just glad to get this over with. Check printing seems to be a sleazy business ...

edk77
8/25/18

I created my checks online for my company and then reviewed my order, everything was fine and then I made payment. After I made payment their system moved my unit number up one line on the check which I did not authorize.
They have my street address with a space and then my 4 digit unit # all on the same line and it looks unprofessional and retarded.

Since it was 2 am when I created my order online, I went to bed and 8 hours later I called Walmart Checks. I explained that this was not my mistake and requested that the order be corrected, the unapologetic customer service lady said" all orders are final and we will not make changes even if it is our fault". Wow! Really??? You won't correct your mistake? I told her this is unacceptable and she didn't answer. She said my checks are already being made...Wow 8 hours later my checks are being created already on a Saturday? Wow! This lady is full of crap! I then told her that I will be cancelling the payment for $46.67 of which I did with my bank, I also sent an email to customer service once again explaining my situation and explained that I have already stopped payment. I told them they can send the useless checks to me but I'm not paying for them.

I received no reply because the ding bat I spoke to on the phone is probably the same person answering the emails!

I will never order anything from Walmart again for myself or my companies!

frani6
8/1/18

I ordered some personal check July 16 I have not yet receive them or email or nothing but they take the money out of my accnt and I go to the site and no way of contacting them

jjj38
7/4/18

We ordered 300 checks and they came in two separate packages about a week apart. No problem. We looked over the checks to make sure our name, address, account info is correct. Everything is good. The next day I got 58 spam emails for credit cards, hot girls, loose women and anything else you could imagine. The next day I got 62 spam emails and they just keep coming everyday. These checks are good quality for a good price and deliver was on time, but get another email account to use when you order. Don't use your everyday email account.

tims332
4/20/18

A few days ago I ordered some Walmart checks. I have used them in the past and was happy. This time I saw the price and checked free shipping and clicked to send the order. What I expected to be a $32. dollar transaction including tax turned out to be $53.35. My bill was 78% higher than expected.

I did accidentally click to submit the order without checking the amount, which was partly my fault, but it was a simple transaction, I have ordered regularly in the past, and I didn't expect problems. As soon as I irretrievably clicked the order the receipt came up which showed I was charged $53.35. This was 78% more than I had expected. This was a shock.

It turns out they have some kind of service fee for helping with fraudulent checks, which I had initially said I wanted and then decided to opt out and clicked that I didn't want it. They ignored the opt out I had clicked and charged me $6 for the service anyway. On top of that, there was a $13.44 processing fee added to the order. This fee is equal to 45% of the advertised price of $29.95. With the added $6 and tax on it, the total bill was 78% higher than I had expected.

I complained to Walmart. They responded saying the processing fee was required to cover their business expenses in processing the order. I responded that this was fraudulent advertising. Their processing fee needs to be included in their advertised price as part of what a product costs. When I see a package of meat for sale in a store at $10.00, I do not expect for the check-out clerk to charge me $14.50, saying that it cost the store money to pay janitors to sweep the floor and to pay her salary. I sent another e-mail back saying that that is part of the sale price of the meat.

I made another comment, that I am reluctant to trust something with my account information who shows so little disregard for truth. That was ignored. Then I realized this is irrelevant. Every time I buy something from Walmart they permanently keep all of my checking account information. A clerk once told me that they ask for driver's licenses the first several times and customer uses a checking account, but once the account is established, they frequently stop asking. They keep a record of all of it.

If you see something advertised in the paper for 29.95, you do not expect to be charged $43.43 for it because the store needs to pay its check out clerks. Even if they make it clear when you go to pay for it that his charge is being made and don't try to sneak it in, it is wrong. It would be nothing more than false advertising.

I have been surprised to find that there are other online check printing services which are cheaper than Walmart's advertised prices, let alone final prices, not adding all of these fake charges.

I will never order Walmart checks again. I hate attitudes of sneaking charges in the are not made clear up front. A 45% increase is not trivial.

In reading reviews, it appears that Walmart has been steadily increasing the processing fee. Apparently, this is a deliberate attempt to see how much they can get away with before the complaints become too loud. I expect at a certain point they may back down from 45%, but once they settle on an amount that gets minimum complaints, i expect this to become a standard. Sadly, on seeing that this has been going on for a while and the processing fee increasing despite complaints, I do not believe it is realistic for them to make a decision based on integrity. This is sad.

jenniferg231
4/5/18

Do they have to wait for cows to die to make the checkbook covers? I haven't received mine yet? Why advertise items that you can't ship? It's been 2 months and I paid for express, 2 day, shipping.

rosed80
12/22/17

December 14 I order business checks and PAID for two days UPS deliver ($29.00), is more than a week and STILL we haven't received any packages. I contact Walmart checks customer services i asked for the SUPERVISOR, and I was connected with CINDY "the supervisor" all what she did was lip service, starting getting offensive and be mouth to mouth with me She also said I will give you the delivery money back and go pick up the checks yourself. after her bickering she said there is nothing you can do you will get those check December 26. SHE NEVER INTEND TO CALL UPS....WORST SERVICE I WOULD NEVER ORDER CHECKS AGAIN. I DON'T RECOMMENDED AT ALL.

carolw159
12/15/17

Yeh, they don't tell you until the end of the order that you are going to be charged a "processing fee" of $3.50 which is added to the cost of the checks. Way to go Walmart! You've found another sneaky way to add charge to your '
great deal."

manishs40
9/3/17

I ordered checks from them and before the checks arrived, someone tried cashing the checks. The check numbers were among the ones they had issued.

timr96
8/18/17

The process of ordering was pretty simple. The advertising is very deceiving. The check I picked out for my daughter were a great deal, so I thought. You get quoted a price but during checkout my price actually doubled after shipping fee, processing fee and tax! DOUBLED, thats deceptive marketing but we are talking about Walmart!

nickw82
7/17/17

Walmart highlights its free shipping. But only after I went to the effort of inputting all the info for my checks did my cart display a $9.96 processing fee. While the price still was competitive, that deceptive approach to business was enough to make me cancel my order and go elsewhere. So I cannot comment on the final product.

vickis65
5/8/17

Our church ordered a set of checks from Walmart.com. In reviewing the order form, the account number submitted WAS correct. However, WalMart transposed 2 numbers and the first 3 checks written bounced, causing an assortment of charges because no such account existed. WalMart would not admit their error. They DID send replacement checks, but the error was DEFINITELY with their printing and they admitted no wrong, nor assisted with the extra charges incurred. DO NOT USE WALMART CHECKS!!!!

billw149
4/5/17

Had to freeze my financial accounts since checks were said to be delivered by usps, but never delivered and no telling where my checks wound up. Very unreliable. would never use again.

kellyb117
12/20/15

I will continue to order from here. I thought it was inexpensive and the service was fine. I wasn't in a rush, just wanted some pre-printed deposit slips. Came back today to order checks and have recommended to friends that have been satisfied with the service too.

heatherb49
10/25/14

Worst place to order from!
I ordered my checks and check book cover in august it is now the end of October and I have yet to receive the check book cover. I did pay the extra $15 to get it shipped over night *which is 5 days for checks* and it took them about 2 1/2 weeks to get it to me after many calls to them. Very HORRIBLE!

markt5
5/9/10

I have used this service twice now and both times were faster than stated and very reasonable. Beats paying your banks prices for re-ordering checks.

I just wrote the review this morning, January 28, 2019.

By Barbara R.
Questions? Get answers from the WalmartChecks staff and other customers.

WalmartChecks?