Fidelity Investments reviews

phishing@fidelity.com
2018 Customer choice award

aaronm72
7/10/18

On the day when everything went wrong in my Fidelity Investment Account, I called the trading desk and asked Frank, "Can I now officially place trades today as a day trader?" He said, "Yes." I told him what I planned to do, and he said, "Go ahead."

With confidence, then, I went ahead and made two day trades in BZUN. Next day I was hit with a $32,748 day trader call. I called the trader desk and explained that I did not have $33k cash to liquidate this call. Sure enough, Frank had made a serious error. The money was in the account, but $600 had not yet cleared. Hence, on the morning I spoke to Frank, only $24,900 was available in my account. Note: $25,000 is required for day trader status.

The trading desk agreed (they listened to the recorded conversation I had with Frank)--Frank had made an error. They also explained that once the day trader call was posted, it could not be withdrawn. Fidelity offered me 25 free trades (worth $200). I asked Fidelity to invest $33k into my account for two days so as to meet the call. Fidelity explained that federal regulations do not allow them to do this. So I asked for 50 free trades (worth $400) to partially compensate for Frank's bad judgment. After much hesitation, Fidelity finally agreed.

In all these exchanges, I never once felt that anyone on the trading desk was taking my side and actively thinking in the direction of providing a solution. This is what hurt. They politely gave the information I asked for, but never once expressed regret for the financial suffering that Frank's bad info had caused. Nor did they express any concern that I was losing faith in the advice that the trader's desk was offering me. What were they not telling me?

On two other occasions, I was given bad info by Fidelity staff. On these occasions as well, I ended up saying, "I have no confidence that you are working with me to find a solution. You give me only the information that I ask for and then spend an enormous amount of energy trying to justify the treatment that I received."

All in all, I spent over ten hours in voice and text exchanges with Fidelity staff (advisors and supervisors). It was an enormous waste of time. Nixon brought the word "stone-walling" into the American vocabulary. I would say that the Fidelity staff exhibits stonewalling. Empathy is practically non-existent.

jamesh553
3/12/18

I'm very satisfied with fidelity.com. It's easy to navigate and find things. It also links to my pension from a former employer which is nice.

I've had no complaints until the past few months when a local Fidelity rep has called me 3 times wanting to discuss how my assets are allocated. If I wanted to discuss this I would call them.

paulb415
1/30/18

Fidelity must not want you to make trades on iPhone or iPads. They just changed the app, making it impossible to trade. Live streaming does not work while trying to make a trade. The older version worked good, the new apps makes your device freeze, and you have long delays. I've spent hours on the phone with technical support. It is not my device, it's their app. I would not recommend them, if you want to make trades yourself. They must not want clients.

amanya3
12/8/17

Very good service. Good quality products. Fast shipping . Minimal sizing issues but I guess it can be corrected easily. I will buy again

billc192
12/8/17

Am long time, several decades, customer with Fidelity. Their product breadth has grown over the years and one could readily find any investment need on their site. Additionally they provide excellent educational resources for those needing more information. Finally, customer service is very, very strong...always able to handle my questions.

janetm132
11/9/17

i like Fidelity and they know what they are doing and how to help me work toward retirement. Thank you!!

dj527
10/24/17

Great service and financial products. They are less expensive than companies like Edward Jones meaning more money in your pocket.

samg117
10/24/17

Been a custome of Fidelity for over 3 decades. The service has been exemplary, always following up, and solving complex situations. My son has been Fidelity customer for two years. He also like their service very much. Now that have local offices, it is easy to get checks made, get Notary Service, enjoy fresh ground coffee, and interact with the pleasant personnel, all free.

travisw39
10/20/17

Been with them for years. Wouldn't have my money any where else. Every transaction has always been a good one. I couldn't ask for a better place to keep my money.

briannew1
11/14/15

great service and it took me a short time to communicate with the Fidelity. I recommend this

mauricem23
9/21/15

Have been a client of Fidelity for over 20 years, they are the best.
There when you need them, or complete privacy when not. Thank
you Fidelity.

jimmym43
5/14/14

Great tools when you open an account. This site is easy to use, prices to purchase stocks is inexpensive. Why use a broker when you can pay $8 a trade.

stephanien3
4/21/14

I have been using them for the last 5 years. Overall I think their phone and in personal representatives are very nice and well informed. Most importantly, I trust them.

williamh66
2/4/14

Have been a long time Fidelity customer. Thanks to the services they offer I was able to close my accounts at traditional banks (use Fidelity Cash Management instead), never step foot in a bank again (all ATM fees reimbursed and checks deposited via mobile app), stop buying Quicken or any other personal finance sofware (use Fidelity Full View online instead), close other brokerage accounts and get expert investing advice online (GPS service) or in person at their local office and manage all my investments, mortgages, bills, rental income, and rewards programs online via Full View. Having lived in 3 different cities since first using Fidelity I have found the folks in the local offices to be very knowledgeable, professional and open to spending time with me when asked. The online and on-site learning sessions cover a wide array of topics, are free and have been informative across the board.

royr23
7/26/13

I have been very pleased with the Fidelity service on my IRA. They have consistently helped me to implement the plans that I have without applying any undue pressure for their own benefits.

jasonw47
5/3/13

I've had my money with Fidelity for nearly 30 years. They might not be what they were back in the heyday with Peter Lynch and Magellan but they are still a good and trustworthy place to manage your money. Every mutual fund and bond fund you can think of. I also have a bank account with them too.

Questions? Get answers from the Fidelity Investments staff and other customers.

Fidelity Investments?