Charles Schwab & Co. reviews

Tel: 866-855-9102
ratingsandreviews@schwab.com

wernern3
1/5/19

Charlie Schwab is not a choice for me, as after a few months I closed the account. Why? Having invested for close to 50 years they would not allow for me to purchase call or put options!! They would not even allow me to sell covered calls!

Their website has serious flaws. For weeks I kept getting the guide to Schwab introduction, no matter what I did. Each time I logged in there was that dialogue box, time and time again. After fixing the above mentioned item, next came the security dialogue box,requiring me to enter a text code from my dumb phone. Even after THREECALLS to their "tech" support, the issue was never fixed on a permanent bases.

Oh, I should also add, that Charlie's trading platform is really nothing special.

stephenl109
3/19/18

I personally buy a lot of the Schwab ETFs. They have very small fees and has no commission fees, even lower than Vanguard. Perfect for my investment.

Their checking account has no ATM fees for withdrawing from other banks' ATM (actually they reimburse the fee afterwards) so it is very convenient for international travel.

michaelg25
2/10/18

Their updated trading platform is not user friendly and does not even feature interactive. For that you are considered an advanced user and must download their Schwab Market Edge Platform. I run Windows 10 with a Chrome Browser and I could not get it to function properly. Their local office in town is great but calling their 800# is pretty bad. I can't recommend this company for something serious as equity trading.

joaos9
5/5/16

Best discount brokerage firm!! Great service and good rate ! I will recommend everyone open an account there

thomast32
3/12/15

I didn't join to write reviews, but I'll do my part. Schwab provides the absolute best and highest level of service. (opposite of the cable companies)

wilsong9
4/27/13

Charles Schwab was one of the first online brokerages, and it's definitely one of the better ones in the sense that they give you a lot of different services that some online brokerages don't give you. If you want to talk to someone, you can actually talk to someone. I think of them more as a cheaper alternative to larger banks like Morgan Stanley or Merrill Lynch. But I don't think it's a cheap for pure online trading as others like tdameritrade or Scott Trade.

Questions? Get answers from the Charles Schwab & Co. staff and other customers.

Charles Schwab & Co.?