Review of Very.co.uk

Tel: 0800 092 3355
notification@eletters.very.co.uk

flickc1
1/11/20
I wish 0 starts was an option! DO NOT USE VERY IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY!!!! My partner and I both purchased an Xbox for Christmas, from our seperet Very accounts. I had the money in my account to be taken there an then. Confirmed with the bank the money had been taken, and received my xbox no drama, same with my partner. Very then refunded the money into my account without my knowledge, and then I receive letters in the post about miss payments. I call the bank to find out what had happened, and Very had not taken the money out of my account, it had been refunded and in fact set me up with 3 months credit without my knowledge! Due to missed payments interest was added, and the bank told me it was worth making an enquiry with trading standards due to the fault being on Very's behalf. I later found out the same had happened to my partner. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, and my partner logged onto both of our accounts to pay the full amount (including interest) from his card. I then receive a "well being" call to check that I am okay and that I can make the payment. I inform them that my partner paid the fee that morning, and I was told that he hadn't. I said I had proof to say that the money had been taken, and they said that it may be pending and to double check the following day. My partner also received this call, and told them the same thing, that he had paid the full about including interest on his card that morning. He was told that there wasn't nothing on the system, and that it "probably needed to be updated, no worries." It's a bit strange that one person told me that it was my responsibily to chase it, and the other told my partner not to worry. Anxious, this morning I log into my account to see the money had not been cleared, and they had in fact added another £12 interest to my account without my knowledge! My partner logged into his, to find the same thing! He called Very to be told that we had both been charged £12 for the "courtesy" call without our knowledge or consent! He paid his balance over the phone and confirmed his Very balance has gone back to £0. He was told he could not pay for my account using his card too. I am absolutely disgusted with the way we have been treated. Very are con artists! Scamming people out of their money without their knowledge. Rest assured I will be calling them today to pay the balance off and will be closing the account PROMPTLY. I will also be making a formal complaint, and leaving as many reviews as possible to people are aware not to fall into the trap. All we wanted was an Xbox for Christmas, and we've had to pay nearly £25 extra interest on top, which is not a lot, but for a young person who has just surgery and is not working at the moment, I'm wondering where I'm going to find this extra money from! STAY CLEAR FROM VERY and their ridiculous hidden fees!!
clairer38
1/27/18
Overpriced, Fake Cashback deals and horrendous customer service phone lines. I used to love Very but they have gone downhill terribly.
keithm91
12/6/16
Refusal by Very to get in touch with me about a wardrobe with faulty parts, missing items and one which they knew had been return faulty before by another customer due to scratch marks where they had lifted doors into position. Told parts were ordered, then told out of

stock, then lied by saying they had tried to call me, lied 3 times that managers were at meetings, informed to contact a queries e mail that bounced back unmonitored. After multiple hours on telephone line waiting by me (my cost) no-one will return my call after promising over and over and even after talking to a manager who said could discount and would get someone to call me, she has no authority to even do so. Worst retail experience I've ever had. Legalised fraud
laurad91
3/11/16
My son purchased a laptop through his Very account in Dec 2014 as my Xmas gift. The lap top was faulty (the USB ports do not work, the keys do not work, the headphone jack does not work) and we reported it after the Xmas holidays. We were given a telephone number to call but the number was invalid, we sent several emails, made several calls, posted on social but have been completely ignored! It's been over a year and we still have this faulty laptop...It is now out of warranty and we have no choice but to go to Trading Standards now. **DISGUSTED**
raphaela5
1/21/15
paigeb5
1/9/15
easy to use website and good check out system. and offer a really wide range of products!
helenw23
3/29/14
I think it often depends on your own experience as to whether you got a good service or not. I see a couple of unhappy people on here but I order came without any hassle at all. Ordered a few clothes for my little girl and all 3 items arrived and fitted nicely. She will look great at the birthday party now!
alant27
12/16/13
I cannot express how disappointed I am with the lack of customer care and service that this company give
The advertisements are very very misleading.
I have been trying to get a camera delivered to me that I paid for,for over two weeks now.yodell the courier company have 'mislaid' the camera and Very are still not accepting responsibility! I was told today to re order and pay for another one!!
Please avoid
hayleyu
7/23/11
Good products and okay pricing but just try getting any sense if you need further information from them.... I bought an over the bed storage unit which didn't come with dimensions (really important if you've got to fit it around your bed) and it took me literally eight e-mails, two live support sessions and three phone calls to try and get this information from them. In the end I ended up asking an eBay seller who was selling the same thing!
justiner
5/23/11
Site looks pretty but absolutely terrible service. Ordered a bed and mattress deal in early Feb and recieved wrong headboard (meaning I couldn't put the entire bed together) in early March. After delivery I called the company to have it picked back up and was told I had to contact the delivery company first, file a claim, then call them back to file a claim with Very.co.uk. The delivery company then picked up the piece but couldn't deliver the right piece until I placed the order again with Very. Called Very up and they had canceled my order and wanted me to not only replace it but pay the current jacked up price versus the original price. After speaking with three different reps and a manager, I was finally able to place the order for the right piece at the original price. Then had to call the delivery company again to schedule the delivery. Worst of all, the entire mattress and bed aren't even guest room worthy since it's very poor materials and the mattress makes the wood floor look more comfortable. Would never ever recommend this site to anyone.
kims5
12/31/10
Very delayed an order I had made by 60 days - no good to me please cancel it I say. No problem they say but we'll still have to deliver the accessories. Why? What good are they to me? Sorry that's your problem - they say. I say I'll refuse delivery - but they leave them by my bins. I'm still trying to return the items! More days off work waiting for collection agents that never come. Don't shop with Very - they are $#@!
lesleyb1
9/7/10
Be careful when using this site. I got refunded for an item I had never ordered and the company then wrote to me to ask what I had sent back to them. When I replied that I hadn't ordered or sent anything back, then then sent me an overdue invoice for £30!!! I have argued the toss but they still think they're right.

Questions? Get answers from the Very.co.uk staff and other customers.

Very.co.uk?