Very

Very has a consumer rating of 1.65 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Very most frequently mention customer service problems. Very ranks 357th among Furniture sites.

How would you rate Very?

“I think it often depends on your own experience as...”

Helen W.
3/29/14

I think it often depends on your own experience as to whether you got a good service or not. I see a couple of unhappy people on here but I order came without any hassle at all. Ordered a few clothes for my little girl and all 3 items arrived and fitted nicely. She will look great at the birthday party now!

“Very bad customer service”

KATY A.
3/4/20

I simply called to make a payment and it took me 30 minutes over the phone just to make a payment! Absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time. The customer service assistants do not value your time and can keep you on the phone all day. If I didn't try and rush the lady, she could have happily taken even longer to do this simple task. Usually I pay online but as I was away, there was no option but to call. Very unhappy with the customer service.

katya15
March 4th, 2020

helenw23
March 29th, 2014

katiet200
July 22nd, 2021

This company spent 8 months charging me twice for 1 item and after over 20 calls and complaints they finally corrected there system then give me 3 months to pay a 12 month payment plan. What a joke now im am being charged intrested. What a scam. They have no email address just a contact number and then when you finally get through they always say it's not something i can do right now. Crap service

Just avoid

Ps4 slim

jims1174
November 26th, 2020

Despicable, company in every way. The company is a sham. Will not honour discount codes, will hold onto refunds for weeks. There motto ( or commandment) Thou shalt not tell the truth, Thou shalt steal customer monies for weeks, Thou shalt employ some South African Moran who does not have a clue to antagonise customers.
Never ever come across a company that treats its customers with so much contempt.

martinb91
February 17th, 2020

I received a camera from Very in November 2019 which was faulty. Very have refused to replace, refused to repair it and refused to refund me. The camera has not ever taken a single picture. I have no idea how Very get away with this. As the camera was a warranty replacement I don't have the option of reclaiming my money via the credit card company either. Don't shop with Very under any circumstances unless you like throwing money down the drain.

nathaliel46
November 26th, 2020

The worst shopping experience ever. Received a bathroom cabinet that looked like it'd been used for years. Scratches, paint peeled off and just signs of usage. I've written on Facebook and called 3 times - the first two people hung up on me, the third I waited nearly 2 hours and finally got someone to confirm that they'd send us a new cabinet. But nothing showed up and I didn't even hear from Very at all. There's no email to reach out to and I'm very tired of waiting in a phone queue. I guess that's what they do, just wait for you to give up. I'm very disappointed and do not recommend this company at all.

clairer38
January 27th, 2018

Overpriced, Fake Cashback deals and horrendous customer service phone lines. I used to love Very but they have gone downhill terribly.

reidm38
April 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered a £1000 laptop from Very, since I couldn't find anywhere out with that particular laptop in stock. All seemed well, and it was set to arrive the next day.

Except what turned up wasn't my laptop, it was a £200 Acer Chromebook. Everything on the shipping shipping slip has the model of laptop I ordered, but this is clearly an Acer Chromebook, it says so on the box in enormous, unmissable lettering.

How does something like this happen? The incredible, unfathomable level of incompetence it would take to make a mistake like this is hard to believe. I'm almost ready to believe its a deliberate scam.

I called the customer service number on the slip, and it wasn't even an active number. I called any other number I could find for them, and the most I got was an automated message telling me that the number has changed and to check the VERY website. In the end I've just had to file a return, and hopefully it'll be accepted without a heap more issues. Maybe if I'm really, really lucky, I'll actually get the laptop I ordered. I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Definitely never ordering from this pathetic mess of a company again.

Tip for consumers:
Just don't risk it on high value items

Products used:
Laptop, but was sent the wrong product

lorrainet125
April 27th, 2021

I tried to no avail to order a pair of sandals from Very but they proceeded to take 3 payments from my husbands bank account. Have tried over a week to get them on the phone but no good. Appalling service

paigeb5
January 9th, 2015

Easy to use website and good check out system. And offer a really wide range of products!

mairim8
June 8th, 2021

Bought and Iphone - delivered in December 2020 5 months later - black death screen. Phoned Very - asked to send it back. Returned it to them on 20th May. Phoned s week later for update - no news. Text on 28/05/2021 We're currently processing your refund. Waited and no communication or refund. Called today and they are saying they have sent it to Apple yesterday for assessment. So - no refund and no phone and could end up with having to pay for repair. I asked for a copy of the warranty and they don't have one apparently.
I have been told that it will take 21 working days from the day it went to Apple which is a month since the phone went back. I have asked the customer services to send me a timeline of where my phone has been since it was sent back. Of course, the e-mail received has no such detail.

How do I know what has been done to my phone since they received it?
This is by far the poorest customer service I have had. I will not buy from this outfit again and would advise all to steer clear.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy anything - poor customer service.

Iphone XE

hayleyu
July 23rd, 2011

Good products and okay pricing but just try getting any sense if you need further information from them... I bought an over the bed storage unit which didn't come with dimensions (really important if you've got to fit it around your bed) and it took me literally eight e-mails, two live support sessions and three phone calls to try and get this information from them. In the end I ended up asking an eBay seller who was selling the same thing!

paulinab20
May 15th, 2021

Avoid at any cost!
Unfortunately again my issue is not resolved. I am mentally and physically tired of this. Still without washing machine. I have to go to laundrette and pay for the washing. I could never imagine myself that buying a washing machine with Very would be that kind of challenge. Let me start from the beginning. On the 5 of May I have bought a washing machine with installation. Later in the week I got a text message from hotpoint saying that I would only get a delivery without installation. So I am calling hotpoint asking why. They are saying to call Very. On 8 of May I am calling Very. Explaining everything. Very saying that apparently I have not paid for the installation which it is not true. Very is confused ‍ they clearly don't know what they are doing. Lady is transferring me another person who is confirming that i did pay for the installation. Apparently there was a mistake on the system and they have not set a installation with the delivery so she will return me those money. (I have not got any refund) obviously I still want the washing machine delivered with installation so because of this mistake she have to transfer me to Hotpoint and I have to pay for the installation again. Which I have paid £119. They have set the date and I am waiting. 13 of May I should get a delivery. I got slot time then text message saying they will be there in 15 minutes. Terrible man very rude saying that he came to fix the washing machine not delivered. As you can imagine I could not believe what is happening. So I called them. This is a joke what kind of customer service they provide over the phone. 2 people hang up on me when I've asked to speak to their managers. This company does not know how to handle anything. They can not advise or be helpful. Finally I just wanted to cancel this order and get my money back. I got hold off somebody who did this for me but he only did refund me £ 400. I still want to get back this extra £119 which I have to pay for the installation coz of the system issues.
The only response which I got from very was when I left my first review here. This is saying a lot about this company. Jonh contacted me. Unfortunately he also can not help me as I have to contact Hotpoint myself. I still want my £119 back as I have paid for the installation. This is nothing to do with me. Imagine he want me to call Hotpoint and claim the money back. Like this is my fault. This is a joke. I can not believe. Actually whatever you do they still wont help you. If you want to spend your money with Very please think twice. This story can happen to everyone.

Avoid please

Washing machine

stephk13
October 9th, 2020

In a nutshell my credit rating is now poor and I couldn't even take out a credit card if I wanted one. My husband and I can't get a mortgage as I have a default registered under my name for the next 6 years. This is as a result of Very creating a second account and I didn't notice for some time because the direct debit was small at around £5 per month. When my husband and I got a joint account I changed the direct debit to come out of there. Then I was notified by my old bank a direct debit still active. I called Very and asked if there is maybe another account by mistake. Gave them my maiden name, old address but they couldn't find anything and told me to cancel that direct debit. It turns out I did have another account but I found out when my husband received a call from Lowell debt collector. They got his number from the Government gateway! Very excuse is they wrote to me a few times and hands up I didn't open my post because I get inundated with offers from Very and when I opened my post after speaking with Lowell some some were offers and some collecting debt. I work in Care and have been working solidly since COVID with family bereavements. Who wants to open Very letters with offers when you lose someone you love? Even though I was paying one account on time at the same time they didn't match the two addresses and didn't take long to sell my debt for all of £100. BUT it has taken them 3 months to deal with my complaint due to reduced staff because of the virus and say they have looked into it and no record of my calls. My call provider have sent me my call list and financial ombudsman have been notified. This company don't care and need to be stopped!

raphaela5
January 21st, 2015
ingrida55
May 22nd, 2021

VERY ONLINE SHOPPING - Please email your complaints to one of the 'senior executive' team' as this company is unethical, unprofessional and in some ways fraudulent. VERY charge customers for items that are faulty and do not refund items that have been returned. They have a system in place that is there to con the customer and often the most vulnerable customers too. As people with plenty of money would not shop in VERY. Rest assured the Beckhams do not shop here.
In my circumstances - I returned a faulty Hoover -which VERY received back and refunded me - ( this was only after I had to go through a process of speaking to Hoover first to do some checks to verify it was faulty) Hoover verified it was faulty and then gave me a code that I had to call VERY back and give said code. This 'code' then permits VERY call agent to authorise a return and a collection... I thought that was it, job done. As it would be with any other reputable company. But oh no - VERY want to try and get any money they can out of customers so out the blue without ANY notification not via EMAIL/LETTER/TEXT/PHONECALL ( VERY had plenty of ways to contact me)
VERY re-charge this Hoover back to my statement account. VERY chose not to tell me that they decided to do this. There no written/no phone call/no text explanation as to why - Instead the Hoover charge just reappears on my statement as a current debit - together with admin charges!

A) Hoover is faulty as far as I, the customer was concerned

B) I've since bought another vacuum

C) I don't have the Hoover they are charging me for

D) Very put the re- charge on a normal monthly payment which is different to the original purchase agreement. The original was BNPL ( Buy now pay later)

Why would VERY re-charge for an item, that not only there is a discrepancy on - but not tell the customer they were doing that and why? Plus change the charge from original item method ordered which was BNPL - ' ''buy now pay later' - into a pay right now charge?

I suspect it so VERY can start to charge me interest! Hoping I would not notice it in my account. No doubt also so that they could add a late payment fee too. All my other items on account are on BNPL scheme for at least another 8 months.

Unbelievable! This Company must be avoided like the plague. Do a search online for the Very group CEO board and you will get the senior managers contact details. It is those people that need to be accountable for the way they run this business.

I have wasted an hour this morning on the phone to two agents who have not solved this mess. VERY are in the wrong to not even inform the customer a charge is being added and why that charge is being re-added. No transparency and honesty at VERY.

I will be escalating this complaint to the senior managers to get a auditable response on this scam.

DO not use VERY

HOOVER

flickc1
January 11th, 2020

I wish 0 starts was an option! DO NOT USE VERY IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY! My partner and I both purchased an Xbox for Christmas, from our seperet Very accounts. I had the money in my account to be taken there an then. Confirmed with the bank the money had been taken, and received my xbox no drama, same with my partner. Very then refunded the money into my account without my knowledge, and then I receive letters in the post about miss payments. I call the bank to find out what had happened, and Very had not taken the money out of my account, it had been refunded and in fact set me up with 3 months credit without my knowledge! Due to missed payments interest was added, and the bank told me it was worth making an enquiry with trading standards due to the fault being on Very's behalf. I later found out the same had happened to my partner. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, and my partner logged onto both of our accounts to pay the full amount (including interest) from his card. I then receive a "well being" call to check that I am okay and that I can make the payment. I inform them that my partner paid the fee that morning, and I was told that he hadn't. I said I had proof to say that the money had been taken, and they said that it may be pending and to double check the following day. My partner also received this call, and told them the same thing, that he had paid the full about including interest on his card that morning. He was told that there wasn't nothing on the system, and that it "probably needed to be updated, no worries." It's a bit strange that one person told me that it was my responsibily to chase it, and the other told my partner not to worry. Anxious, this morning I log into my account to see the money had not been cleared, and they had in fact added another £12 interest to my account without my knowledge! My partner logged into his, to find the same thing! He called Very to be told that we had both been charged £12 for the "courtesy" call without our knowledge or consent! He paid his balance over the phone and confirmed his Very balance has gone back to £0. He was told he could not pay for my account using his card too. I am absolutely disgusted with the way we have been treated. Very are con artists! Scamming people out of their money without their knowledge. Rest assured I will be calling them today to pay the balance off and will be closing the account PROMPTLY. I will also be making a formal complaint, and leaving as many reviews as possible to people are aware not to fall into the trap. All we wanted was an Xbox for Christmas, and we've had to pay nearly £25 extra interest on top, which is not a lot, but for a young person who has just surgery and is not working at the moment, I'm wondering where I'm going to find this extra money from! STAY CLEAR FROM VERY and their ridiculous hidden fees!

keithm91
December 6th, 2016

Refusal by Very to get in touch with me about a wardrobe with faulty parts, missing items and one which they knew had been return faulty before by another customer due to scratch marks where they had lifted doors into position. Told parts were ordered, then told out of

Stock, then lied by saying they had tried to call me, lied 3 times that managers were at meetings, informed to contact a queries e mail that bounced back unmonitored. After multiple hours on telephone line waiting by me (my cost) no-one will return my call after promising over and over and even after talking to a manager who said could discount and would get someone to call me, she has no authority to even do so. Worst retail experience I've ever had. Legalised fraud

laurad91
March 11th, 2016

My son purchased a laptop through his Very account in Dec 2014 as my Xmas gift. The lap top was faulty (the USB ports do not work, the keys do not work, the headphone jack does not work) and we reported it after the Xmas holidays. We were given a telephone number to call but the number was invalid, we sent several emails, made several calls, posted on social but have been completely ignored! It's been over a year and we still have this faulty laptop... It is now out of warranty and we have no choice but to go to Trading Standards now. **DISGUSTED**

lesleyb1
September 7th, 2010

Be careful when using this site. I got refunded for an item I had never ordered and the company then wrote to me to ask what I had sent back to them. When I replied that I hadn't ordered or sent anything back, then then sent me an overdue invoice for £30! I have argued the toss but they still think they're right.

alant27
December 16th, 2013

I cannot express how disappointed I am with the lack of customer care and service that this company give
The advertisements are very very misleading.
I have been trying to get a camera delivered to me that I paid for, for over two weeks now. Yodell the courier company have 'mislaid' the camera and Very are still not accepting responsibility! I was told today to re order and pay for another one!
Please avoid

kims5
December 31st, 2010

Very delayed an order I had made by 60 days - no good to me please cancel it I say. No problem they say but we'll still have to deliver the accessories. Why? What good are they to me? Sorry that's your problem - they say. I say I'll refuse delivery - but they leave them by my bins. I'm still trying to return the items! More days off work waiting for collection agents that never come. Don't shop with Very - they are $#@!

justiner
May 23rd, 2011

Site looks pretty but absolutely terrible service. Ordered a bed and mattress deal in early Feb and recieved wrong headboard (meaning I couldn't put the entire bed together) in early March. After delivery I called the company to have it picked back up and was told I had to contact the delivery company first, file a claim, then call them back to file a claim with Very.co.uk. The delivery company then picked up the piece but couldn't deliver the right piece until I placed the order again with Very. Called Very up and they had canceled my order and wanted me to not only replace it but pay the current jacked up price versus the original price. After speaking with three different reps and a manager, I was finally able to place the order for the right piece at the original price. Then had to call the delivery company again to schedule the delivery. Worst of all, the entire mattress and bed aren't even guest room worthy since it's very poor materials and the mattress makes the wood floor look more comfortable. Would never ever recommend this site to anyone.

Questions? Get answers from the Very staff and other customers.

Shop Very for women's, men's and kids fashion plus furniture, homewares and electricals. Free next day delivery on 1000's of products and affordable ways to pay

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Very?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.7
Have a question about Very?