Review of U.S. Bank

Tel: +1-800-289-9999
fraud_help@usbank.com

davidp1108
2/1/19

Had prefect credit (800 range) for 20 years until US Bank ruined it. They reversed 3 of my car loan payments for no reason (not one of the 25 reps and mangers I spoke to over the pat 2 weeks can explain why) and then notified all 3 bureaus that my account is delinquent and is not Paid As Agreed for 90 days. Every call to their customer service in attempt to get an explanation and a resolution turned out to be futile. After more than 12 hours of phone time including alot of hold and transfers from one person and department to the next (Customer Service, Credit Dispute, Lease Solutions, Loan Support, Lease Maturity, End of term, Total Loss and more).
The best answer I was able to get was we will open an investigation that can take up to 30 days. Its more than 30 days later and still no explanation. Stay away from this bank until they figure out how to manage their business. Obviously the system or someone at US bank made a mistake which should have never happened but is understandable . What is not reasonable and inexcusable is the inability to fix it. If not after the first call then the second or third communication. Does this kind of customer service still exist in 2019! STAY AWAY FROM US BANK.

jeffm504
1/7/19

I have an auto loan through US Bank and have had struggles every step of the way. When setting up automatic payments online the system failed on two separate occasions leaving a note that it was successful but later we found no payment occurred, we were then charged a late fee. After the 2nd time of this happening and after calling customer support on both instances I was finally told to submit the request for automatic payment through a paper request and that I was then caught up. I found later that we were in fact late again and am now in collections. Speaking with a rep today I asked to speak to a manager and was told none were available. Asked if I could go to someone higher and was told "there is no one higher." Reportedly I am supposed to get mailed statements and have not received one in the 5 months I've had this account. When bringing that up US Bank states that is an issue with the post office and not them...sorry, but I expect a little more than that.

raneea
1/4/19

This is a two part review one from a temp employee and another from a long term customer.

Temp employee review

I tried a temp job only to be thrown into a desk with zero training. The so called trainer they stuck me next to did not speak English well if at all. Did not train me did not coach me. I asked for someone else and got tossed around like a rag doll. They quoted how slow I was but I had zero training and was fired for lack of training. I tried to apply for a few bank teller jobs with qualifying experience only to find out I wasn't even worthy of the position. Bank work is sweat shop slave labor with high turn over. They can fire you at a whim or if one individual does not like you. This experience was in 2008. They basically fired me for my disability with lack of training. Why I didn't sue I don't know.

Customer review

As a long term customer I am satisfied with the customer service for basic banking requirements. Any thing else is hit or miss. I find most of the negative reviews are from people taking advantage of the system only to have the rules and regulations back fire on them poorly. Then they get stuck with something they didn't want nor need. I honestly would only recommend them for basic cash check banking. We tried a visa for a few years only to find out the second one was too much to maintain. Barely used but it was lowering our credit score for an unused card. I tried reapplying for it years later only to find out I wasn't eligible because my account balance was below the dollar amount required for the purchase.

huiw5
12/21/18

THE WORST customer service experience online. The worst attitude that does not help. They do not want to understand your issue nor have any PATIENCE with their customer and translator. Keep saying we are able to pay the credit card on the phone and ONLINE, but when we said we want to pay on the phone the customer service keeps wanting us to pay online instead of helping us pay on the phone.

cheriw1
6/18/18

U.S. Bank is the WORST!!! FAILURE TO DISCLOSE/BANK FEES/COUNTERFEIT MONEY/LOST CHECKS/ FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY THAT YOUR MONEY IS PROTECTED!

When I opened two U.S. Bank accounts they FAILED TO DISCLOSE that I couldn't write any checks for an unreasonably lengthy period of time (approx. 1-2 months) as they don't give you immediate access to your money! So my checks bounced and I was charged HEFTY BANK FEES. They said I should have read the fine print in the mounds of paperwork they give you when you get a new acct.

I opened a personal checking acct. and a trust acct. The bank made me put my SS# on the trust acct. despite the fact I explained to the bank mgr. that the trust had a tax ID # and was not my money. Also, it made me uncomfortable as I didn't want that acct. tied in to me due to an outstanding judgment that I had at the time. The bank mgr. gave me a false sense of security assuring me that THE MONEY WAS PROTECTED and my SS# would "only be seen internally by US Bank so could not be tied to me or my personal debt." Her gross misinformation cost $300,000.00, nearly double years later with interest when I paid it off. She retired less than a year later.

Another time I withdrew cash (in $100 bills) and U.S. bank gave me COUNTERFEIT BILLS! A few weeks later I went (to another branch) to pay my credit card bill and the bank CONFISCATED MY $100 BILL alleging it was counterfeit!

I paid most bills via bill pay online. One time I paid a property tax and DMV bill, both totaling nearly $13,000.00. U.S. Bank paid them by checks rather than direct bank transfer and LOST BOTH CHECKS IN THE MAIL! This cost me hundreds of dollars in "late fees" due to U.S. BANKS NEGLIGENCE. This incident was then followed by 2 years and multiple hours of emails, phone calls, copying/mailing documents, corresponding with both government agencies who ran me in circles regarding my request to refund my late fees. I paid the DMV 3 times on one bill and to this day have not received any refund for my multiple payments, thanks to U.S. Bank.

I received a letter dated 5/17 from U.S. Bank informing me they had increased my credit line and encouraging me to take advantage of their loans. A few days later I receive another UNSIGNED LETTER from U.S. Banks "Account Closure Department" informing me that they will be closing both accounts on 5/31. By the time I received that letter, that gave me approx. ONE WEEK NOTICE to deal with outstanding checks, direct deposits, and having to open a new account! They gave NO EXPLANATION WHY so I called the # on the letter but no one answers. I left a message but no one returns your call.
I called my local branch and the Corporate ofc. who both knew nothing about it and told me to call the # in the letter. They cowardly hide behind unsigned letters and mock phone numbers and pass the buck. So much for being a "valued customer" after approx. 10 years!!!

andreab200
12/16/17

emily in idaho is a perfect professional customer service rep very nice interested i'm my issues sometimes u get junk especially from zulily ur credit card firm doesn't want u 2 get ripped off so some1 like emily will help u write a complaint including all the issues necessary 4 a positive outcome & use the banking system 2 help u thanku emily a real asset 2 us bank give her a raise & promotion xoxoxo :-) :-)

cindyl124
11/4/17

I've been with them for 15 years. They treat me like I'm an important client with money. I'm not. I'm disabled. I love the small town feel I get when I go in a branch or call on the phone. They have treated well and helped me when I didn't think a big bank would. I'd recommend that you should take the time to go into a branch and ask them what they could offer you. Tell them what you're looking for, and they will take time to show you around and help you find it.

jonouinisj
10/22/17

I used their pay card when I got unemployment benefits. The card was easy to use and there were no fees. I think US is an actual bank too. So I'd like to go there even when I don't get unemployment or welfare all of the time. They probably have really good checkings and savers account.

reneer40
3/17/17

From the branch to the 24 hour customer service reps, this institution seems to care about their customers, not just lip service to get you to open an account, they actually deliver great service. The branch manager held my hand through a nightmare situation with citi bank, they understand everyday people and their needs. I feel very comfortable and secure with his institution. Thank you US Bank, what a relief to bank with an institution with integity and real commitment to servicing customers needs.

joeb286
2/21/17

If you plan to develop a good friendship with a bank US bank in Newton Falls is not the place to go. The staff presents and down home feel until you speak with the Manager she is a piece of work. I work with banks in the past with not just personal also my business but here she is cold and unreceptive to the customers needs. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND.

dd67
2/13/17

Had checking account.
Had and used HELOC-paid it back very quickly.
Closed checking account.
Accessed HELOC again-bank refused to give me statements or information regarding HELOC without having checking account.
Was told that to access statements-I had to go online.
Cant go online without online account.
Cant get online account without having checking account.
Bank wont give me free account.
Can not get them to mail me statements.
Got my first piece of mail from them the other day saying they are closing my HELOC and changing my payment by double.
No help in branch, cant get online or phone help without checking account.
Almost as bad as Chase....

kend391
11/22/15

My mortgage ended up at usbank when they bought defunct downey s&l. So we didn't choose them. We had NO idea that customer service could be this bad. Incompetent people, we have to keep going in to undo their mistakes on our account. Really, servicing a home loan isn't rocket science. Competent people don't stay long, just when we think there's hope, they move on and another idiot takes over. Not only are they stupid, they are rude as heck. If it didn't cost so much we'd refi to another bank. I hope to pay off the loan soon, I can't imagine putting up with this for 30 years!!!!! You can't fix anything on line, have to go to branch and scream in person.

jennym40
11/16/15

Not to good

aronb32
9/10/15

I am tired of banks taking money, wrongfully, and pretending like they are doing you a favor.

I opened a College Checking account with them 3 years ago in order to handle financial aid, first year went fine, then they started tacking on hidden fees, and started overdrafting me for things I never even bought. They refuse to even talk to be about it, all I receive is some rehearsed script about "how I should know the rules of OverDrafts." But as you can tell, this isn't really about overdrafts...

They have started taking up being rude and bumptious to me, and anytime I go to see a teller, they scoff at me, literally.

I have been with US Bank for 3 years, and they are already treating me like an expandable, worthless person, with nothing to offer.
(Because we all love being belittled.)
So overall if you want a bank that charges you for having more money than they do, by all means go "deposit" the money. However there are plenty of charities that could ACTUALLY use the money if you have some to burn.

taylorm
3/18/12

US Bank is ok, but I didn't know that US Bank hire people that has filed for Bankrupcy.... come on. Bank people that had filed for bankrupcy? I dont; think I want then to handle my money.........

johne4
10/13/10

it's a bank website I loathe. I'm not a fan of the layout. It's hard to find what you're looking for. But it is good at showing me my bank accounts. So I'll give it that.

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the U.S. Bank staff and other customers.

U.S. Bank?