Underground Reptiles

Underground Reptiles has a consumer rating of 4.78 stars from 447 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Underground Reptiles also ranks 10th among Pets sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 17 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 94.6%

• Great service very satisfied will Definitely buy again from them again Linda and Tim Helka
  • The baby turtle arrived alive and full of energy and cruising around it's new home.

• To sum it up, terrible customer service when it comes to dead animals.
  • We gave her food water and left her alone for 24 hours.
How would you rate Underground Reptiles?

“Long Time Satisfied Customer”

Brian M.
5/24/20

I've done business with Underground Reptiles for probably close to 8 years now. I've visited the store a number of times and have had some of my best pets in my collection purchased online and have never had any issues. It's a pretty busy store but the employees will still help you as much as they can and this goes for online as well. I just received an albino male bci yesterday. He's a gorgeous snake with a great temperament and no health issues. He's awesome!!

“Dead frogs and lies”

Mason M.
3/26/20

I ordered three red eyed tree frogs and one came in dead, while the other two were very malnourished and beat up. I've worked for years in reptile care, and I recognized immediately that these animals were kept in poor condition. There were bruised, thin, and after less than a week another of the frogs has died. After I posted a review it was removed without any reason given, and Underground reptiles insisted that the frogs were in good condition.

customer service (52) 24 hours (10) great service (18) baby turtle (14) russian tortoise (9) tree frogs (8) 5 stars (5) order (213) sulcata tortoise (8) baby sulcata (9) quality animals (3) excellent customer service (4)
brianm1352
May 24th, 2020
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Hi Brian, thanks so much for your great review. So glad to hear you are enjoying your new snake. We look forward to serving you more in the future.
paytonv3
June 3rd, 2020
I ordered my cane toad two days ago and got it today in the mail. Underground reptiles was definitely the cheapest. Although my toad is alive and kicking, it is VERY skinny. You can see it's poor bones poking out from under its skin. I get that the toad hasn't eaten for 12 hours but it shouldn't be that skinny. Underground reptiles should maybe do a better job feeding/taking care of their animals. Other than that, great purchase. I am planning on fattening up my toad so they're healthy again.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Payton, Thank you very much for this review and your business! Sometimes transit can cause dehyration and that what that looks like here. We take steps prior to shipping to make sure that does not happen but sometimes it does and we apologize. It looks like you are taking proper steps and rehydrate this animal. Please keep us updated and give us a call if you have any questions or conerns
michaelw2472
August 4th, 2020
Ordered a baby giant day gecko that my 4 year old affectionately named "Bob". This was my first time ordering an animal on the internet, as normally I would go to the local pet store, but I knew I wanted a CB baby, and with pet stores it's hard to feel confident with what you are getting. In any case, Bob is happy and healthy, and is already eating!(I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get them to feed after being shipped)
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
That is a great picture of Bob:) Yes, it typically takes a couple days for them to get used to their new environment. Thank you very much for your business and review!
darrienm3
June 13th, 2020
I ordered 3 dart frogs on Friday, and they processed and shipped within a few hours, and arrived less than 24 hours later, on the other side of the country. I can't think of another company that ships animals faster. Apart from the shipping, the frogs are in great health, and were packaged wonderfully. There isn't another company out there that can pair this level of high quality animals with top notch customer support. I would highly recommend them for all your reptile and amphibian needs.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Thank you for sharing your experience Darrien. So happy to hear how you order arrived. We can't wait to do more business with you.
jimmyh158
July 4th, 2020
Receive a female Emerald Swift through UPS overnight. She arrived in a state of what appeared to be false hibernation. Contacted the company, who responded right away via email. My swift unfortunately did not survive but, while she was received an email very day from Ryan B checking on her and asking questions to try and figure out what was going on. Things can happen in transit. Specially going from coast to coast. Received a new Swift today and she is doing great.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
We are very sorry to hear about what happened Jimmy but are extremely happy we were able to make it right with you. We grealty appreciate your business.
liza145
July 15th, 2020
I ordered my baby Western Hognose yesterday, and today she arrived in perfect condition! Underground Reptiles has been amazing throughout the entire process.They kept me updated every step of the way and after she arrived they called to make sure she was doing well (the package was slightly delayed by FedEx) and told me to call if I had any questions. I've already been recommending them to friends because their customer service is amazing and my animal is beautiful. Thank you Underground Reptiles!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
So cute! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed doing business with us Liz! You picked a great animal:)
samw373
May 28th, 2020
They were so prompt with keeping me informed about my order and new family members. All arrived well packaged and seemingly healthy. Maybe a little tired of being in a box for a day but good all the same. The toads are huge! The turtles tiny! Just like was advertised. I will definitely go with underground reptile for future purchases.

P.S. the wide array of animals offered alone is worth checking them out. You never know, you might find your new pet!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Sam, We are thrilled to have your business! So glad to hear how happy you are with the new members of your family
kealeyc1
June 25th, 2020
I ordered the antilles pink toe tarantula for my dad for Father's Day. He's big on Tarantulas so this was the perfect gift. He's going to fall in love when he home from work tonight. The Tarantula is very active and it just walking all over his new home. Thank you Underground Reptiles. I'll definitely order from you again for some frogs.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Thank you for letting us be apart of getting your dad his present. We apprciate it. We cannot wait to do more business with you in the future.
christopherc1138
July 6th, 2020
I have bought from underground reptiles twice now. Both times the reptiles came in perfectly healthy and packaged professionally. My first order was three baby Nile monitors and the second order a few months later was a baby gold Tegu. They even called me to ask about how the order was received. They ship overnight and communicate very well. I will for sure be ordering more in the future.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
We are ecstatic that we were able to earn your business Christopher. We look foward to continuing to provide you with great animals and service.
gavnt
May 25th, 2020
I have over 30 reptiles in my collection. I bought a giant waxy tree frog and a adult savannah a while ago and the both died after a day or two of having them. The savannah was a twig when I got it and wouldn't eat and the tree frog wax dark green and really dry I did my best trying to keep them alive but eventually they passed. I emailed them about the savannah, they messaged back once then just ignored me. I just messaged them about the tree frog and doubt they're gonna help.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Hi Gavn, our customer service team member Amanda spoke to you on 5/21 at 9:56 AM and you told her the animals arrived fine. We do not show that you submitted any order issue report. If you are having an issue with any animals you received from us please use this link to report it so we can assist. Thanks so much. http://undergroundreptiles.com/orderissue
shemikal2
July 17th, 2020
I received my two Russian Tortoises and they are so cute! Their a little shy at the moment but they'll get use to me soon and they love crawling around the house. Underground shipped them quickly and very safely and I'll be ordering more from them soon. So far so good! Definitely looks good and great prices for my new babies!! Male and female too
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Shemika, We are so glad you are happy with your new tortoises! Quick and safe is the perfect way to describe our shipping process. We look forward to doing more business soon:)
marissaf29
July 18th, 2020
I had been looking for an albino hognose for a while, and came across Undergroubd Reptiles. I'm usually wary if I can't see the actual animal, but decided to take a chance given the great price. My snake arrived in perfect condition and is GORGEOUS. They even shipped same day. I honestly could not be happier and will definitely be purchasing from them again in the future.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Marissa, that is a great picture!!! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to providing you with more great animals. We appreciate your business!
sarahm1485
August 5th, 2020
shipped and received exactly as ordered and specified. Baby chameleon came to us healthy and beautiful. Only issue we have is it is smaller than the 3 to 4 inch baby we ordered... he's only about 2 inches in length right now. Other than that we are super happy and satisfied and will definitely use undergroundreptiles.com for our future needs, highly recommend!!!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
They are approximate sizes and sometimes they could be a little bit smaller/ larger. We are so happy we earned your future business. Thank you for your order!
kennethr351
June 25th, 2020
I ordered a Garter snakes yesterday so that my other Checkered Garter is not lonely.
The package arrived today and there she is in her little container, very healthy. I named her Red.
I already fed her with a thawed mice.
You can see in this photo that her tummy is full from the mice she ate.She also hang out with White (Albino garter) in their heat lamp. I am happy with my order. :)
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Awesome name Kenneth. We are thrilled to hear about her thriving in her new environment. Please let us know if you have any questions.
emilyb585
July 23rd, 2020
My order was shipped right out and I got notifications along the way, so that I didn't have to wonder what was going on. When UPS encountered a delay, I called UG reptiles, and they were very helpful and reassuring. Then, they called me to let me know about the delay. They reminded me of my live arrival guarantee. My chameleon arrived in great shape. Alert and well. I will definitely buy from here again.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
We do have a rep constantly checking to make sure the packages have no issues in transit. If we do see a delay, we let you know and call UPS to get to the bottom of it for you. We do pack accordingly just in case there are any holdups. So happy to hear that your chameleon arrived safe and sound Emily.
tka3
June 13th, 2020
My first purchase of a red eyed tree frog and also from Underground Reptiles I wasn't sure what to expect ordering amphibians out of state. I was not disappointed in the service from start to finish. Quick reply to my questions and needs, friendly service, and fast on time shipping. A very smooth and easy transaction to have a amphibian or reptile of your liking!!!! I recommend purchasing thru Underground Reptiles, I will definitely be buying from them again and again!!! Thanks again!!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Thank you for sharing these photos! We appreciate your business. It is very important to us that our customers walk away satisfied with their experience. Please let us know if you have questions.
daniellel237
August 5th, 2020
This was my first time ever ordering a live reptile, and I'm glad it was through Underground Reptiles, I placed my order but then called them because I wanted to request a male tokay gecko, the girl I spoke with was super nice and even changed my shipping method to FedEx since they run earlier at our house. The Tokay Gecko arrived and was in great shape. Hes a bit skinny, but I plan on fixing that.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Danielle, Thank you for your reviews and business. Yes, we try to accomadate our customers as much a possible.
adamm634
August 7th, 2020
Extremely happy with my purchase. They contacted me in advance to make sure I was still good to be there, and to address the weather/heat for the day of delivery. I received shipping info both from UPS and Underground Reptiles, both by text and email, so I felt in the loop the whole time, and she looks great! I can't wait to watch her grow.
ericad104
May 27th, 2020
I discovered Underground Reptiles through a YouTube channel called Chandler's Wild Life. He has a buddy (also with a channel) Tyler Nolan Tattoos. I am thoroughly impressed with the customer service (as I was a total pain) and the quality of goods. I purchased a baby blue tongue skink set up and a baby Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink (Tiliqua Gigas Gigas) My little one looked so good! Really healthy and the colors are just lovely! A+ from this gal! Thanks UG Crew!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Love this picture Erica! You were no pain at all. We understand :) Thank you so much for your business
ronk220
August 1st, 2020
Everything went smooth as far as delivery with the next day shipping. Pixie frog was just as described online. Little guy was alert and active right from the start. Adapting to his new environment very well and eating straight off. Will definitely purchase from Underground Reptiles again.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
That setup looks great from what we can see! Thank you very much for the update on your order Ron. Please give us a call if you have any questions
bryceb57
July 25th, 2020
I ordered a yearling Biak GTP late afternoon Friday and received it right away Saturday morning. Upon opening the box the little guy was very alert and ready to move! Overall looks to be pretty healthy, little bit of stuck shed a quick soak should take care of that. Customer service followed up about 20 minutes after the delivery to check if everything turned out okay. I will be ordering my next snake from these guys because of it.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Bryce, Thank you very very for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to continuing providing you with great animals. Please let us know if you have any questions.
thomasa567
July 21st, 2020
Purchased a 20 gallon turtle tank for my son's birthday. Underground Reptiles made the online order process very easy and they kept me updated on the status of the order constantly. They have followed up by phone, email and text to insure everything was delivered and operational. Truly top-notch customer service and I will be ordering from Underground Reptiles again!!! Thank you again for your help! Thomas A.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Thomas, We were thrilled to be apart of getting your son a great birthday gift. If you need anymore help please give us a call. Thank you for your business:)
oliverb96
June 3rd, 2020
I received my baby tortoise in good condition and faster than I expected. Amazing customer service because they called me once it was delivered to make sure everything was okay. Also they gave me some care advices and told me to contact them if any questions. I'm glad I bought at this amazing store.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Hi Oliver, so glad to hear how your order came in. It is very important that we call our customers to make sure their orders came in great. Please give us a call with any questions you may have .
fatimal11
July 9th, 2020
This is my first time ordering reptiles online and this was a really amazing experience! They did great with shopping and they called automatically to make sure my order was getting to the right place and all 3 of my baby turtles came very healthy and very well packaged!! And overnight shipping just like it said! Even the UPS man waited so my turtles wouldn't get eaten by ants or anything I totally recommend this website for any animal!!
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Fatima, Thank you for sharing. We appreciate you giving us a try and look forward to doing more business with you in the future. It is very important to us that our customers walk away from their transaction with nothing but positive things to say. So glad you are happy with your new turtles:)
jaelong
May 24th, 2020
Very healthy and well cared for iguanas, that come in beautiful. If your buying one of the wild caught green iguanas just know it is going to be very difficult to tame them down because the wild is all they know, and you might stress them out a ton messing with them to much. But other than that my baby axenthic iguana cam in looking great and I ordered a red iguana as well some time back that has been doing soo good and just eats like a pig.
UGR A. – Underground Reptiles Rep
Hi Jaelon, thanks for taking the time to post this great review. We hope you enjoy your iguana for many years to come. We look forward to serving your more in the future.

Hi John, our company has been in business serving our local South Florida community with our retail store front since 1996.