Review of True Local

Sydney, NSW 2000, AU
support@truelocal.com.au

urszulak1
3/7/19

If you write an honest review about a poor experience with a business they won't print it and will only give you a huge list of reasons and saying you've violated these conditions. I believe True Local publish only phoney reviews and are not genuine - avoid at all costs.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Urszula,

We greatly value all genuine experiences, both positive and negative, However, reviews are declined as they don’t meet True Local’s guidelines.

To view our review & comment guidelines, please click here: http://www.truelocal.com.au/cms/review-guidelines/

True Local are unable to edit and republish reviews. However, you are more than welcome to revise your review and post it again on the business listing.
kerrya47
3/2/19

horrible bad website, fake reviews. This craphole of a website has make false "reviews" about businesses i've ACTUALLY been to

Tip for consumers: DONT VISIT THIS CRAPHOLE

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Kerry,

We appreciate your feedback.

True Local takes the authenticity of reviews and comments seriously and we have numerous methods to manage the legitimacy of the content on True Local, including automated screening tools.

This will ensure that all reviews that are posted on True Local are genuine with a customer that's had real experiences with the business.

However, if you feel a review does not meet our guidelines and the review is not genuine, you are more than welcome to report the review as inappropriate directly via the website by clicking on the ‘Report’ tab under the review. The review in question will then be reassessed by our moderation team.
karenf385
2/26/19

Signed up 3 months ago for a 6 month contract. In the 3 months our business has been listed we have received 15 views and supposedly 4 'leads' (a click for our mobile number), but NOT ONE CALL. Cost = $366.30 for ZERO RETURN. 3 months to go and can't wait to cancel contract. I have never seen any advertising by True Local for their product. What a way to make money - set up an 'advertising' business, don't promote it, rake in the money.
Save your money, use someone else that is more reputable and supportive of your business, and that promotes theirs. Only gave 1 star because I couldn't get review published without it.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Karen,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with True Local was not what you expected.

If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to email support@truelocal.com.au.
terryf175
2/24/19

They seem to be a law unto themselves. Once you sign up, you cannot remove your profile. You cannot edit your review if you need to clarify something (or even to fix a spelling error). They delete reviews at a whim. Reviews that need to be removed because the situation has changed or were written under duress they refuse to touch.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Terry,

Unfortunately, we currently don't have an edit function for this feature on the website for reviews or comments.

However, if your experience with a business has changed or you would like to edit the current review, you are more than welcome to submit a new revised review and we'll then be able to remove & replace your original review with this new post.

If you wish to send us an email to support@truelocal.com.au, our team will be more than happy to look into this further for you.
benk118
1/31/19

We have a few negative reviews on True Local, most of them completely inaccurate as they state fees which we don't have, and how our service has failed them in timeframes that we don't work to, and our Terms of Service are somehow on there and 3 years out of date.

The latest review calling us a Scam is completely unverified and hurting our business.

We have been told if we pay we can have the reviews removed; to me this is the real scam!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Ben,

We greatly value all genuine experiences, both positive and negative and we can confirm that True Local will never ask business owners to pay to remove negative reviews from our website.

If you feel a review on your business listing does not meet our guidelines and the review is not genuine, you will need to report it directly via the website by clicking on the ‘Report’ tab under the review.

The review in question will then be reassessed by our moderation team.

For more information on our review guidelines, please click here: https://www.truelocal.com.au/cms/review-guidelines

Additionally, please find a link to True Local's help centre: https://support.truelocal.com.au/hc/en-us/sections/115003103008-Reviews

If you have any further questions or concerns, Ben, please email support@truelocal.com.au.
jok57
1/30/19

Do not by any means sign up to true local. Just read the reviews for yourself. It's a trap.!!
If you wish your listing to be removed you have to submit a form which takes 2 working days to be processed and some have even complained of not being able to remove it at all !!!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Jo,

True Local endeavours to be a comprehensive source of information for Australian consumers. Consequently, True Local removes listings only if the business has ceased trading.

For more information, please view our help centre: https://support.truelocal.com.au/hc/en-us/sections/115003102148-Removing-Deleting-my-listing

If you have any further questions or concerns, Jo, please contact our support team on support@truelocal.com.au.
christophere105
1/22/19

These guys only seem to publish positive reviews of businesses. They have a huge list of supposed 'guidelines', which basically amounts to "we don't publish it if it seems against the business". You might sneak a few it was great but xyx things through, but they won't let you actually say how terrible a business is. A complete hoax of a review site.

EDIT: response to their message below. I did in fact rewrite the review to be in line with the guidelines, completely and utterly in line with them in every respect. They then started arbitrarily claiming I had not actually been to the shop and was not posting about a genuine experience. Then they invoked a legal principal which applies to the banking sector thinking I wouldn't know what it was, claiming I was breaking that legal principal. When I pointed out that they were not using the legal principal correctly they said they "would get back to me" then did nothing. Total hoax of a site. Don't believe any review posted there.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Christopher,

Christopher, you are more than welcome to revise your review to meet our guidelines and post it again on our website.

rameye
1/3/19

True Local truly are a horrible service. One disgruntled person i dealt with had a miscommunication with me and he left a fake and degrading review about me and my Business. Both the reviewer and myself have made at least five requests for the review to be deleted. I had the comment flagged, i had sent images showing the reviewer with the same name admit to faking it and the reviewer himself has admitted to his decietful review and himself requested his review be deleted. True Local came back to me with a copy paste email saying "not everyone can be happy". What on earth is this? What a horrible service that allows trolls and gives people the power of anonyminity to try to destroy a business that has done NO WRONG.

Tip for consumers: Stick to Google!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Ramey,

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Ramey, if you have can please forward us the email you have received from True Local along with your original email to 'support@truelocal.com.au', we will look into this further for you.

danic37
12/30/18

I've tried to remove my business listing as I sold my business 3 months ago and the name and owner have now changed.
They keep refusing to remove the listing!
It's not your business - it's mine so why won't they close the listing? It's just giving false information to it's customers about real businesses that are not actually open and trading anymore. Stupid policies from this company.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Dani,

We are sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events.

True Local only removes listings once we can verify the business has ceased trading

If you can please send us supporting documentation to confirm your business has ceased trading to 'support@truelocal.com.au', we'll be able to look into this further for you.

gregf128
12/1/18

They only publish positive reviews as they get an cut from the businesses that have good reviews.
True Local is a TERRIBLE UNETHICAL business, that should not be allowed to run.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Greg,

True Local are unable to edit and republish reviews. However, you are more than welcome to revise your review and post it again on their business listing.
mattw261
11/16/18

This on line unethical advertiser have a bunch of arrogant people working for them who are self opinionated and make decisions on their customers behalf rather than communicating with customers first. Be warned.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Matt,

We are sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events.

At True Local, our greatest desire is to ensure our customers are satisfied at all levels and find the most suitable way to fix their problems without delay.

orwend
10/13/18

True Local is a TERRIBLE UNETHICAL business, that should not be allowed to run. They refused to post an excellent review that I gave to a local business, and told me to read the guidelines. I read the guidelines and I had NOT breached a single one of them. And why don't TRUE LOCAL offer an easy google map review system like any other business? I bet they allow negative reviews that are not vetted properly and destroy local businesses. UNETHICAL - It's been weeks and I haven't received a proper explanation

lukef37
9/18/18

One of my "reviews" was ultra positive about a business I have never used and the comment made before I even "signed up". My date of joining was changed by five years. One of my reviews was taken down (it was negative) as soon as I reported another review of the same business that was obviously fake. In short, there is nothing you can trust on this website.

sergiod23
9/17/18

In simple terms they have a mechanism where if a owner of a company adds content to your business name in true local, True locals mechanism of revenue generation jumps on this as an active company and adds bogus, bad reviews so you contact them, then they charge you to get them cleaned. They resist organic good reviews of non paying listings. I have had to sort this out many times to help clients that got caught

glenf23
9/2/18

They stimulate negative reviews to get clicks; they are not interested in true reviews.
They are owned by sensis; due to the downturn of yellow pages they stimulates the same bad business tactics

ginan33
8/30/18

They have a report option, with no capability to back your reporting and then do nothing. People can create accounts and make false claims and true local do not look at the facts, they just state that False and defamatory claims are within guidelines. Then after placing your business on their without your permission refuse to remove it because there is no law that states they have too.

sharonc354
8/28/18

Submitted a negative review for a Company who is advertised on True Local. Some weeks later I had a email request from TRUE LOCAL asking for proof of the transaction, Invoice, Quote, Receipt's and bank statements. I forwarded them personal payment receipt and invoice as proof of the transaction. Suddenly review has been removed???? This must be a paid site for Companies and only positive reviews are accepted. I resubmitted review and have received another email telling me it has been withdrawn as I have product name in review, the product supplied by the PLUMBER..I have submitted again..I have called TRU LOCAL 3 times and the person to speak to is always OUT.

julianb64
8/4/18

Stole $100 from me via direct debit and they lied about it for about 6 months until I asked fair trading for help. Truelocal's response was to just give the money back. They refused to let me cancel the contract early and billed me for six months even though they had clearly broken the contract by engaging in fraudulent behaviour. I will take this review down if I receive a refund

markr554
8/1/18

I tried to warn people of a online scam but true local wouldn't publish it as it was apparently outside their guidelines ? Pathetic review system that no one really uses.

aj118
7/23/18

True local - Terrible system of moderating reviews, very inconsistent. Not helpful for small businesses, for which this site is geared. Communication very slow if you do need assistance and if they do make contact the support people are lethargic and unhelpful. The paid advertising is useless. My advice - just stick with Google and Facebook.

mortezam2
6/25/18

I have purchased an ad for my business to them. It was a 6 months contract. After 5 months, I even not received one call form any customer. I called them and they said your page had 2 visitors per day! I refuse to pay the last month fee but they debit my account like pirates.
Don't waste your money/time on similar directories like this.

hm90
6/11/18

I agree other reviews True Local they declined review which has been approved on several other sources, absolutely rediculous whatever guideline they have. As others, I will not use True Local forever. They protect business who do not offer proper service.

sarahl355
6/6/18

I recently had a bad experience with a company - and upon writing an honest outline of my experience it got declined with no further specific explanations as to why. If you don't want to publish the truth however bad it might be what's the point of reviwing anything anyway?

robertw775
5/21/18

No matter who lies to mislead the public against an honest business TRU-LOCAL wrongfully allow it stay Published, even After you offer proof of your innocence, TRU- LOCAL will refuse to follow it up on your behalf, because of their small mindedness, and arrogance.

daveym13
5/11/18

Lift your game truelocal.com.au. My business got a 2.8 star rating after one person wrote multiple bad reviews stemming from the ONE incident. She was angry when she came in and was angry when she created multiple accounts

Good luck they dont reply to any form of contact

By Ray J.

i would be curious, as it could help set the precedent to help protect small businesses from malicious lies. Sadly the cost will most likely be prohibitive for most of us

By Gina N.

Because they are too busy dealing with the money making side of their business. I had a bad experience with True Local when I took out paid advertising with them. But, having taken out paid advertising with them did give me the dubious benefit of speaking with their staff. I should tell you that the same people who deal with sales, are the same staff that deal with accounts. They appear to have a number of staff members who wear various caps. When complaining about money issues, I realised I was communicating with the same person who had SOLD me the ads! However, I can give you an actual phone number. Don't believe them when they tell you that this is "only" the accounts section. It isn't. It's the same section that deals with everything (or at least the same people that deal with everything). The phone number is 1300307401 - Be persistent and don't believe that you're not in the right department, or at the very least, ask them for the phone number of the correct department.

By Audrey W.

Questions? Get answers from the True Local staff and other customers.

2 Photos for True Local