Review of True Local

Sydney, NSW 2000, AU
support@truelocal.com.au

maryrosez1
5/16/19

I had reiki done at holistic healing therapies in Penrith . Alma was amazing her hands so healing. And she is such a lovely kind soul and caring. I had trouble sleeping for four years due to trauma. After one reiki session i slept like a baby. Thank you Alma.

Mary rose .

brianj273
5/14/19

I did write a review of this guys after service however since then the problem with him has been resolved

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Brian,

If your experience with a business has changed or you would like to edit your review, you are more than welcome to submit a NEW review and we'll then be able to remove & replace your original review with this new post.

If you wish to post a new review, Brian, please email our support team at support@truelocal.com.au to let us know once it's been submitted and provide the name of the business and we can assist you further.

felicityf1
3/26/19

I cannot get through to Truelocal via telephone or email, so I am trying this avenue....

Truelocal - can you please;
REMOVE my profile entirely
EDIT/REMOVE any reviews by myself
Your reference; TICKET ID 293883, 293884, 293938, 293939.

All attempts to get Truelocal to action my requests have failed. Truelocal, please attend urgently. I also attempted to call you 1800 029 010 number @ 11:31am 26.3.19 but only got a recorded message asking me to leave my contact number (which I did and have not received a response).
Your reference; TICKET ID 293883, 293884, 293938, 293939.

UPDATE: Received a phone call from S........ D..........TrueLocal Acccounts receivable 12:29pm 27.3.10 (02 9228 7011) who advised she could not/would not help me in any way, she was very sorry, and I had to continue putting my requests in writing only (and that they were "busy" but would get back to me as they were a great team).

I just want to be removed from Truelocal algother...no profile/no reviews.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello,

Unfortunately, the True Local support team does not have a call centre facility available to receive queries, as we're based online only.

However, thank you for providing us with your ticket numbers, one of our agents will be in contact with you today in regards to this matter.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact True Local's support team, please email support@truelocal.com.au.

jornw5
3/23/19

I had a mildly negative impression of a steam cleaner and posted an honest review of my experience. (Essentially, the steam cleaner in question tried to get to pay extra for using detergent on the carpet. When I declined, he agreed to steam clean the carpets at the price we agreed and said he'd spray the carpets anyway. The carpets ended up clean, but overly wet which can cause damage in some cases.)

My review was rejected because I allegedly broke one of their guidelines, which they listed. I replied to support asking for clarification because as far as I could tell I didn't break any of them. In my reply, I listed all of the guidelines and explained why I had met them:

"Hi,could you give more specific reasons why my review was declined? It was
1/ based off a true experience. I have the receipt and I can scan it in and email it.
2/ isn't offensive
3/ is based on first hand experience
4/ doesn't contain swear words
5/ doesn't contain any identifiable information
6/ is written by a person who engaged the services of a business
7/ is solely based on specific experiences with the business
8/ is written in lucid English
9/ is not in contempt of a court
10/ does not make any claims of illegal activity or related to medical malpractice
11/ is entirely original

so... why was it redacted? Honestly, if that review was not approved, then it makes me doubt the authenticity the reviews on true local as being overly santisied"

They wrote back saying only that my review broke "one of the guidelines" and directed me to a link which listed them, without clarifying which guideline they thought I had broken.

They replied,

"Yes, we can appreciate that you highlighted the guidelines to determine which you had not met.Please read over them carefully. Your review has not met True Local guidelines and will not be published by the moderation team."

which is, frankly, obnoxious and unhelpful. As it stands, I firmly believe the only reason they deleted my review was because it was negative which is why they were unable to give a more concrete response.

Accordingly, I think TrueLocal reviews are heavily biased to the point of being utterly unreliable and I urge others to also boycott their website.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Jorn,

We greatly value all genuine experiences, both positive and negative, However, reviews are declined as they don’t meet True Local’s guidelines.

Jorn, if you've contacted the True Local support team in regards to the declined review email, our support team would've informed you exactly why your review was not accepted.

If you can please email support@truelocal.com.au with your registered email address and the name of the business you've reviewed, we'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.
urszulak1
3/7/19

If you write an honest review about a poor experience with a business they won't print it and will only give you a huge list of reasons and saying you've violated these conditions. I believe True Local publish only phoney reviews and are not genuine - avoid at all costs.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Urszula,

To view our review & comment guidelines, please click here: http://www.truelocal.com.au/cms/review-guidelines/

True Local are unable to edit and republish reviews. However, you are more than welcome to revise your review and post it again on the business listing.
kerrya47
3/2/19

horrible bad website, fake reviews. This craphole of a website has make false "reviews" about businesses i've ACTUALLY been to

Tip for consumers: DONT VISIT THIS CRAPHOLE

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Kerry,

We appreciate your feedback.

True Local takes the authenticity of reviews and comments seriously and we have numerous methods to manage the legitimacy of the content on True Local, including automated screening tools.

This will ensure that all reviews that are posted on True Local are genuine with a customer that's had real experiences with the business.

However, if you feel a review does not meet our guidelines and the review is not genuine, you are more than welcome to report the review as inappropriate directly via the website by clicking on the ‘Report’ tab under the review. The review in question will then be reassessed by our moderation team.
karenf385
2/26/19

Signed up 3 months ago for a 6 month contract. In the 3 months our business has been listed we have received 15 views and supposedly 4 'leads' (a click for our mobile number), but NOT ONE CALL. Cost = $366.30 for ZERO RETURN. 3 months to go and can't wait to cancel contract. I have never seen any advertising by True Local for their product. What a way to make money - set up an 'advertising' business, don't promote it, rake in the money.
Save your money, use someone else that is more reputable and supportive of your business, and that promotes theirs. Only gave 1 star because I couldn't get review published without it.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Karen,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with True Local was not what you expected.

If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to email support@truelocal.com.au.
terryf175
2/24/19

They seem to be a law unto themselves. Once you sign up, you cannot remove your profile. You cannot edit your review if you need to clarify something (or even to fix a spelling error). They delete reviews at a whim. Reviews that need to be removed because the situation has changed or were written under duress they refuse to touch.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Terry,

Unfortunately, we currently don't have an edit function for this feature on the website for reviews or comments.

However, if your experience with a business has changed or you would like to edit the current review, you are more than welcome to submit a new revised review and we'll then be able to remove & replace your original review with this new post.

If you wish to send us an email to support@truelocal.com.au, our team will be more than happy to look into this further for you.
benk118
1/31/19

We have a few negative reviews on True Local, most of them completely inaccurate as they state fees which we don't have, and how our service has failed them in timeframes that we don't work to, and our Terms of Service are somehow on there and 3 years out of date.

The latest review calling us a Scam is completely unverified and hurting our business.

We have been told if we pay we can have the reviews removed; to me this is the real scam!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Ben,

We greatly value all genuine experiences, both positive and negative and we can confirm that True Local will never ask business owners to pay to remove negative reviews from our website.

If you feel a review on your business listing does not meet our guidelines and the review is not genuine, you will need to report it directly via the website by clicking on the ‘Report’ tab under the review.

The review in question will then be reassessed by our moderation team.

For more information on our review guidelines, please click here: https://www.truelocal.com.au/cms/review-guidelines

Additionally, please find a link to True Local's help centre: https://support.truelocal.com.au/hc/en-us/sections/115003103008-Reviews

If you have any further questions or concerns, Ben, please email support@truelocal.com.au.
jok57
1/30/19

Do not by any means sign up to true local. Just read the reviews for yourself. It's a trap.!!
If you wish your listing to be removed you have to submit a form which takes 2 working days to be processed and some have even complained of not being able to remove it at all !!!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Jo,

True Local endeavours to be a comprehensive source of information for Australian consumers. Consequently, True Local removes listings only if the business has ceased trading.

For more information, please view our help centre: https://support.truelocal.com.au/hc/en-us/sections/115003102148-Removing-Deleting-my-listing

If you have any further questions or concerns, Jo, please contact our support team on support@truelocal.com.au.
christophere105
1/22/19

These guys only seem to publish positive reviews of businesses. They have a huge list of supposed 'guidelines', which basically amounts to "we don't publish it if it seems against the business". You might sneak a few it was great but xyx things through, but they won't let you actually say how terrible a business is. A complete hoax of a review site.

EDIT: response to their message below. I did in fact rewrite the review to be in line with the guidelines, completely and utterly in line with them in every respect. They then started arbitrarily claiming I had not actually been to the shop and was not posting about a genuine experience. Then they invoked a legal principal which applies to the banking sector thinking I wouldn't know what it was, claiming I was breaking that legal principal. When I pointed out that they were not using the legal principal correctly they said they "would get back to me" then did nothing. Total hoax of a site. Don't believe any review posted there.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Christopher,

Christopher, you are more than welcome to revise your review to meet our guidelines and post it again on our website.

rameye
1/3/19

True Local truly are a horrible service. One disgruntled person i dealt with had a miscommunication with me and he left a fake and degrading review about me and my Business. Both the reviewer and myself have made at least five requests for the review to be deleted. I had the comment flagged, i had sent images showing the reviewer with the same name admit to faking it and the reviewer himself has admitted to his decietful review and himself requested his review be deleted. True Local came back to me with a copy paste email saying "not everyone can be happy". What on earth is this? What a horrible service that allows trolls and gives people the power of anonyminity to try to destroy a business that has done NO WRONG.

Tip for consumers: Stick to Google!

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Ramey,

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Ramey, if you have can please forward us the email you have received from True Local along with your original email to 'support@truelocal.com.au', we will look into this further for you.

danic37
12/30/18

I've tried to remove my business listing as I sold my business 3 months ago and the name and owner have now changed.
They keep refusing to remove the listing!
It's not your business - it's mine so why won't they close the listing? It's just giving false information to it's customers about real businesses that are not actually open and trading anymore. Stupid policies from this company.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Dani,

We are sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events.

True Local only removes listings once we can verify the business has ceased trading

If you can please send us supporting documentation to confirm your business has ceased trading to 'support@truelocal.com.au', we'll be able to look into this further for you.

gregf128
12/1/18

They only publish positive reviews as they get an cut from the businesses that have good reviews.
True Local is a TERRIBLE UNETHICAL business, that should not be allowed to run.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hi Greg,

True Local are unable to edit and republish reviews. However, you are more than welcome to revise your review and post it again on their business listing.
mattw261
11/16/18

This on line unethical advertiser have a bunch of arrogant people working for them who are self opinionated and make decisions on their customers behalf rather than communicating with customers first. Be warned.

Response from Jayde M., True Local Representative
Hello Matt,

We are sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events.

At True Local, our greatest desire is to ensure our customers are satisfied at all levels and find the most suitable way to fix their problems without delay.

orwend
10/13/18

True Local is a TERRIBLE UNETHICAL business, that should not be allowed to run. They refused to post an excellent review that I gave to a local business, and told me to read the guidelines. I read the guidelines and I had NOT breached a single one of them. And why don't TRUE LOCAL offer an easy google map review system like any other business? I bet they allow negative reviews that are not vetted properly and destroy local businesses. UNETHICAL - It's been weeks and I haven't received a proper explanation

lukef37
9/18/18

One of my "reviews" was ultra positive about a business I have never used and the comment made before I even "signed up". My date of joining was changed by five years. One of my reviews was taken down (it was negative) as soon as I reported another review of the same business that was obviously fake. In short, there is nothing you can trust on this website.

sergiod23
9/17/18

In simple terms they have a mechanism where if a owner of a company adds content to your business name in true local, True locals mechanism of revenue generation jumps on this as an active company and adds bogus, bad reviews so you contact them, then they charge you to get them cleaned. They resist organic good reviews of non paying listings. I have had to sort this out many times to help clients that got caught

glenf23
9/2/18

They stimulate negative reviews to get clicks; they are not interested in true reviews.
They are owned by sensis; due to the downturn of yellow pages they stimulates the same bad business tactics

ginan33
8/30/18

They have a report option, with no capability to back your reporting and then do nothing. People can create accounts and make false claims and true local do not look at the facts, they just state that False and defamatory claims are within guidelines. Then after placing your business on their without your permission refuse to remove it because there is no law that states they have too.

sharonc354
8/28/18

Submitted a negative review for a Company who is advertised on True Local. Some weeks later I had a email request from TRUE LOCAL asking for proof of the transaction, Invoice, Quote, Receipt's and bank statements. I forwarded them personal payment receipt and invoice as proof of the transaction. Suddenly review has been removed???? This must be a paid site for Companies and only positive reviews are accepted. I resubmitted review and have received another email telling me it has been withdrawn as I have product name in review, the product supplied by the PLUMBER..I have submitted again..I have called TRU LOCAL 3 times and the person to speak to is always OUT.

julianb64
8/4/18

Stole $100 from me via direct debit and they lied about it for about 6 months until I asked fair trading for help. Truelocal's response was to just give the money back. They refused to let me cancel the contract early and billed me for six months even though they had clearly broken the contract by engaging in fraudulent behaviour. I will take this review down if I receive a refund

markr554
8/1/18

I tried to warn people of a online scam but true local wouldn't publish it as it was apparently outside their guidelines ? Pathetic review system that no one really uses.

aj118
7/23/18

True local - Terrible system of moderating reviews, very inconsistent. Not helpful for small businesses, for which this site is geared. Communication very slow if you do need assistance and if they do make contact the support people are lethargic and unhelpful. The paid advertising is useless. My advice - just stick with Google and Facebook.

mortezam2
6/25/18

I have purchased an ad for my business to them. It was a 6 months contract. After 5 months, I even not received one call form any customer. I called them and they said your page had 2 visitors per day! I refuse to pay the last month fee but they debit my account like pirates.
Don't waste your money/time on similar directories like this.

Good luck they dont reply to any form of contact

By Ray J.

i would be curious, as it could help set the precedent to help protect small businesses from malicious lies. Sadly the cost will most likely be prohibitive for most of us

By Gina N.

Because they are too busy dealing with the money making side of their business. I had a bad experience with True Local when I took out paid advertising with them. But, having taken out paid advertising with them did give me the dubious benefit of speaking with their staff. I should tell you that the same people who deal with sales, are the same staff that deal with accounts. They appear to have a number of staff members who wear various caps. When complaining about money issues, I realised I was communicating with the same person who had SOLD me the ads! However, I can give you an actual phone number. Don't believe them when they tell you that this is "only" the accounts section. It isn't. It's the same section that deals with everything (or at least the same people that deal with everything). The phone number is 1300307401 - Be persistent and don't believe that you're not in the right department, or at the very least, ask them for the phone number of the correct department.

By Audrey W.

Questions? Get answers from the True Local staff and other customers.

2 Photos for True Local