Transglobal Express reviews

Tel: +44 (0) 151 334 6599
sales@transglobalexpress.co.uk

francise20
7/15/19

I had a parcel collected in the uk on 3 June and sent to Europe I booked the economy service and paid (£53)online to Transglobal Express.
The DHL collector didn't mention the need to download a label but produced his own label, selecting (without asking) the fastest (most expensive) service. I now have an extra of £81 which is either the extra amount or a charge for DHL on top of the original £53.
The parcel - which wasn't urgent at all - in fact took 17 days to arrive, far longer than even the economy' service - I believe due to the lack of information entered on the new label (perhaps in his hurry to get away with the scam)
I would advise you NOT to trust Transglobal Express ....I will be fighting their charge and will publish the outcome here. If you have also been scammed please add a review here to warn others.

I know it's a small amount but I believe I am being scammed by someone in their system and don't want to let them get away with it so easily as just to send me a threatening letter and email demanding the extra charge by 25 July.
It seems I'm not alone in thinking that this company is a scam .....has anyone tried to sue them? Would anyone be interested in forming an action group to do so? They deserve to be exposed before others suffer.

thomasc580
7/2/19

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! We have used their services for few times already. However our recent shipment(worth 2457.4 pounds) was lost(stolen) in their warehouse. The pick up tracking has shown successful delivery. However after few days we still haven't received the parcels. So we contacted them and asked about the shipping status. Then they told us that they couldn't locate the parcels. They asked for a lot of information about the shipment. Then they spent one week for investigation without any results. They asked us to claim for the loss. And the end result was refund of 50 pound. That's it. It's ridiculous. According to their investigation results, the shipment was lost in their warehouse. Someone (maybe the staff) in their warehouse may have stolen our shipment. And they didn't care about it. The only offer was 50 pounds. If you want to use their services keep in mind that your shipment has got a risk of being stolen in their warehouse!

pauls50
6/5/19

You cannot trust this company - They will quote one price and then invoice you a much higher price balance after and threaten legal action. This company is a total scam

anishap3
1/23/19

They completely damaged the box I was shipping my goods in. They then decided the fact the items arrived damaged was due to insufficient protective packaging. Didn't care the box had been ripped open by a cowboy transport allowing all the contents to be thrown around. Terrible company. Awful customer care. Out of pocket!!!! Don't trust them. Don't use them. Cheap for a reason, get what you pay for!!

jamesa535
8/29/18

lost parcel after a month
after numerous phone calls am getting no where just fobbed off.
the opperator blames everyone but themselves.
promised call backs dont happen
promised updates dont happen
wont ever deal with these rip off merchants again.

neilp54
8/7/18

This Disgraceful company just want to hold my friend's retired parents to ransom for £100. They tried to charge £100 via TNT for the delivery of their own possession that was of next to no value. Now they want £70 because the recipient refused to pay for the scam delivery as it has been with TNT for too long and they want an extra £20 to skip the item or they are just going to debit it from a retired person's account.

DO NOT get caught up in their scam charges once the parcel has been collected.

RE: TNT Shipment Alert / TP-1764298 Urgent

gosiak
5/22/18

Hidden charges, very poor service, scammy business, be careful. We have been using their services to ship many parcels to USA (10-20 monthly) for number of months, now after 8 months since shippment they come back to us with some warehouse charges that were charged by UPS due to some tiny information lacking on commercial invoice. All contact information were provided ( 2 x phone numbers, 2 x emails) no one UPS or Transglobal made any effort to contact us. It was us who contacted them when we have noticed that it takes too long for shipment being delivered and we have provided information ASAP. Now it is not possible for us to raise dispute to Transglobal as they are only re-invoicing and UPS would not talk to us as charges are for Transglobal. Massive failure and lack of trust. I would not recommend for company shipments

blendf
5/15/18

Rubbish , slow and careless company !!
You will loss money, face delay and damage your shipping with Transglobal. I requested refund due to missing ID and transglobal need invoice back to year 2002 i.e 16 Years ago to make a refund . Don't trust Transglobal as I missed an important ID and at the end they just apologise without refund !!

amberk44
5/14/18

Do not use this company. Tried to send a parcel to Bali, there were insanely huge charges to get it out of customs on the other end-£1000+ so we are still trying to it returned to sender. This has been going on for a month & costing money at customs every day. We've done everything they have asked but its still not sorted, either they or DHL are lying. Humongous amount of stress involved & they simply do not care. They don't seem to actually be able to do anything either.

gerarde11
4/24/18

Shambolic and wretched experience. Do NOT use these guys. Their promises are as poor as their service. I entrusted them with urgent legal documents for delivery to the USA via DPD and DHL which are their recommended service providers. I was given a delivery date only to find out that FIVE DAYS LATER the package hadn't even left the UK! In fact it had traveled precisely 125 miserable miles. Transglobal did their best to deny I'd been given a date and deflected all the blame to DPD, but still had not provided a single message about the delays, no warnings, no action, no compensation NOTHING. Choose another company.

sharonr135
4/13/18

Steer clear, ONE STAR IS TOO MANY this company is totally dishonest, Sent a parcel with them , which I also insured , they would not pay out when the parcel was delivered broken, they dragged the claim out for over 4 weeks, and then when the parcel was returned to me through PayPal/ ebay returns (as not as described as it was broken) they said that they do not pay out on parcels once they leave the original destination, absolutely disgusting service, steer clear
Update, I see they have replied, but this still doesnt solve the problem, I insured the parcel, you took my money, and delivered it broken, absolutely disgusting service, not only have I lost the goods but I paid for insurance I NEVER RECIEVED, delivery that was well below sub standard, and then I had to pay return postage,
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

dagd
11/28/17

My mum arranged a package for collection, they failed to collect on the arranged day. They eventually collected them the parcel didn't turn up, it was only going from U.K. to Jersey but 5 days later had not arrived. My mum had to call them three times before they told her that the parcel was still in the warehouse as DHL had not collected. Still waiting for this package.

dougl733
10/18/17

This company takes no care in what they are doing. They damaged my package and don't care about fixing the situation. They are condescending, and I have to re explain my situation every time I speak with them. They have decided to refuse to do anything about my massively damaged package.

Heed the warnings on this site and stay away from them.

danielh187
9/1/17

Absolute disgrace! Been waiting in all day for my parcel to be picked up just to be told that the driver has gone home and won't pick it up!

I was awake since 8 am, received a phone call at 10 am saying that my parcel would be picked up between 12 and 5pm. At 4:30pm I called to see what was going on and to make sure that the driver was still coming. I'm then told that the driver tried to pick it up but then left. I was then assured that my parcel would be picked up within 2 hours.

I then receive a phone call saying that the driver would not infact accept the job and that they would only come back on Monday. I leave on Sunday so what am I supposed to do with my parcel?

I was told to go to a depot over 1 hour away by taxi. Is this a joke?

aliks2
8/31/17

Talk about rubbish service. Why did I not come to sitejabber before using these clowns? So I booked a simple document collection. UPS takes it. Then weekend comes Monday comes and my stuff is not moving? I called and got some run around. Then they said they waiting on UPS to get back to them. Finally my document is just sitting there in UPS offices all this time. (note avoid UPS also). Finally they got the package going. But then I wrote a complaint since they said they they are an accountable company. I am still waiting for a reply. But Good thing I paid with PayPal because I want my coppers back.

russellk27
8/29/17

TP-1324678

I would like to bring to the attention the terrible service of Transglobal Express.

This is a truly terrible company who rips off their customers and has rude staff. I am in process of riding for charity. I paid £116.20 for a bike bag to be delivered to switzerland. It was to be collected on Tuesday 22nd Aug on a 1+ day service. We printed of all the documents they requested. Their driver appeared, named Dean, he was on the phone in an argument with a friend / associate when he rang the doorbell. He then refused to take the bike bag as he did not recognise the paperwork that we had produced for him as required by Transglobal themselves. He said he was in a hurry and dashed of without as much as a by your leave.Problem 1. Like all these things, there is a ripple effect.

In order to get the bike bag to switzerland, (it was needed there as I was riding to Switzerland to take part in the AlpenBrevet) It was required to get the bike back on the train, the TGV and the SNCF and finally the Eurostar, without it, the bike would not be allowed on the train. Finding a bike bag in a remote part of Switzerland was not feasible.

So, my partner and myself, who both work, were lucky that we had someone, my partners 76 year old father, who, at great inconvenience to themselves, took the big bag too their depot in London City Airport. I requested that he did not deposit the bike bag with the courier unless they could assure / guarantee that the bag would be delivered to me by Sat 26th August. This assurance was given and no further thought was given too it. We had a solution which at great cost to ourselves, we had found, without the help of Transglobal Express.

Problem 2. The member of staff, who accepted the bike bag at the London City Depot, firstly, did not know what days the depot in Switzerland would be open and secondly, when they could deliver the item. This was found out in hindsight, had we known their was a doubt, we could have at that stage still changed the tickets to include bike storage as a whole on the trains returning from switzerland.

The bike bag was not delivered, they then initially stressed that we would have to pay for its return, a further £120.

Problem 3. As a result of the incompetence of the driver, the company making the initial problem and failing to provide a solution, they further expected us to fund their mistake by paying for the return of the parcel they had expressly stated they would deliver and we had already paid for.

Please bear in mind, I am riding to raise money for charity. The company at this time was made aware of this.

On the return journey, as we had acted on advice and the assurance of representative of the company Transglobal Express, I was in the situation on Monday of being stuck in Switzerland with a bike, no clean clothes and a quandary as to how to get the bike bag. Bear in mind I have ridden 1170 km in the last week for charity. Somehow I managed to get parceling and padding enough, to manage to get the bike back on the trains in a dismantled state. This was not ideal, and parts of the bike were damaged as a result of the transit.

Problem 4. The ripple effect of the initial goods drivers failure to follow Transglobal procedures for customers which we had followed to the letter. His failure meant that
- we were £116.20 out of pocket as a result of the being conned fraudulently and negligently by Transglobal Express
- we were requested to pay a further £116.20 to have the bike bag and clothes returned.
- I would be required to pay for damages incurred on my bike during transit as a result of the failure of Transglobal Express
- my partner, her father and myself have lost many hours trying to resolve this issue, without, it would appear, any pro-active or customer focused motivation from this company.

I finally managed to speak to a lady called Anna, who was a supervisor, she has apparently offered for the company to pay for the return of the bike bag but not to include the initial payment for the service we paid for and which the company says it delivers.

This is a very poor service from a company that does not do what it says it does. The company even had the mendacity to blame UPS, the company who they say they were acting as an agent for. Clearly this company does not know its own processes and relies on the very ambiguity of the responsibility to the customer from the principal and agents.

This company, Transglobal Express does not behave in a manner conducive to ensuring its customers are looked after and get what they paid for. I have wasted £116.20 and incurred further significant costs and all the company can do is offer to return the bike bag. This is a poor excuse of a company that is lacking in ethics and moral fortitude. They do not do what they say they will, they do not deliver on time, they do not try to help customers find solutions.

This is the worst company I can possibly imagine. I have all the facts here, nothing is omitted which is not true. I can only suggest that if you are reading this article about this company, that you do not in anyway think of further use of them. They are useless and I would say fraudulent in how they go about getting people to pay money for a service which they clearly are unable to provide. It is disgraceful that they are allowed to get away with this. Especially so as they are taking advantage of people like myself, who are raising money for charity.

garyh182
8/4/17

Unfortunately they do not know where my package is although no one is admitting this. It is now 2 days overdue and I have been told different things each time I phone:-
1. It waiting for the next flight out
2. It is in the Belgium hub
3. It is in Holland stuck in customs
4. It is in Rwanda
So basically they are not fit for purpose as a courier. I cannot recommend this company. choose one that does not depend on other carriers it means they will have more control and information!!

lynnes40
6/20/17

I booked for a parcel to be sent to nigeria with transglobal express via ups. The parcel was picked up the following day with no problems except the driver left the commercial invoice in his van and ups phoned and said could they sign another one my behalf. I said well if parcel gets damaged it's on your head. I got given a delivery date of the 13th June and on the 13th June it was still at Stansted in the warehouse on hold. I phoned transglobal and requested my money and parcel back so I could send it dhl. The parcel got sent to nigeria after they refused to give money back. The parcel arrived in nigeria on the 17th June and went through the normal scans like import scan destination scan and warehouse scan. On the 19th June a scan was done on the parcel and it said damage investigation has been changed and when I phoned transglobal they said ups and themselves had never seen that before. On the evening of the 19th another scan appeared dated the 17th June saying import tax and duty was needed to be paid. If u have an import scan and destination scan then it has cleared customs. I phoned transglobal again like I have every day and I said the delivery date was rescheduled to the 20th June. It is still being held and all that transglobal do is lie to u and make excuses. I said to the girl today at transglobal that I think ups or transglobal should cover the cost of any import tax as they cannot stick to delivery deadlines and said it had cleared customs then they said something totally different . They said it is not down to them to pay this. I said if they don't sort it today I will go to the national papers and trading standards as they are false advertising and constantly lie to people. I have never dealt with such an incompetent bunch of people in my life STYLE CLEAR OF TRANSGLOBAL EXPRESS AS THEY ARE TRAINED TO LIE AND DECEIVE YOU

peacea6
5/9/17

I ordered an international courier service on the 1st May; everything went well.
Printed & prepped the package & waited.
The courier service (UPS) failed the pick up, so i called TransGlobal to enquire; they found all types of excuses for UPS but rebooked for the next day.
I had faith & waited but the next day was even worse; they didnt even bother to call to lie. Just silence.

When i called TransGlobal, i was met with more excuses; no effort to resolve the situation.

I happily canceled & took my business to IPostParcel

The only good thing about TransGlobal is that they refunded my money within a few days but then again, thats down to the Bank, so i guess theres noting good about them.

STAY CLEAR

Tip for consumers: D.O
N.O.T

zahida8
4/25/17

Item arrived and full broken but the insurance I bought from Transglobal Express turned out to be completely worthless. They refused to pay a penny for the broken items. I feel doubly cheated and would never use them again.

tatianat9
2/9/17

I'm sorry but our office is no longer quoting you. We've quoted you quite a bit over the last year and have had very few books. It's taking up too many resources therefore we're going to have to decline your business. I'm very sorry but we wish you the best.

chrisf110
9/21/16

A one star rating is already far too high. One of the worst experiences that I have witnessed. I requested my personal belongings be shipped from London to Singapore and used TransGlobal in combination with TNT and what an awful decision that ultimately was. The shipping arrived absolutely trashed. The word trashed was used by two of their own staff, not myself, just to highlight the condition on arrival. The first part of my shipment arrived (they lost one item initially) with boxes damaged, ripped and clearly been handled without any care what so ever. It was therefore no surprise to establish that a number of items were broken and damaged; some of value, pictures, frames etc, and others that whilst no value attached, held greater sentimental value noticeably those provided by a deceased family member. The final part of my shipment was eventually located, shipped and arrived broken. The customer service teams at both companies have been woeful. I have requested compensation for damages as well as a refund for the complete lack of service. After weeks of being played against one another, I was offered £50!! This was insulting. The staff have been rude, have lied and been unhelpful throughout. As others have stated, the insurance is worthless, the service is appalling and a complete lack of morals. I am continuing to follow up regarding compensation, but my advice is to stay well away from both of these companies. I gave my personal items in good faith and this was utterly betrayed.

jamesw354
9/7/16

My parcel arrived beaten up with a 37cm cut through one of the boxes. Not only did some of my valuable items arrive broken, but the insurance I bought from Transglobal Express turned out to be completely worthless. They refused to pay a penny for the broken items. I feel doubly cheated and would never use them again.

antonioc54
6/15/16

I contract Transglobalexpress services to send 13 parcels from the UK to Spain.
The boxes arrived externally damaged and they broke my printer. I started a claim and they refused to refund the money (only 40 pounds) because I couldnt provide a photograph of the internal packaging. I didnt know the printer was broken until I connected it to my laptop to print a document and I realized it was internally damaged. I had taken a few pictures of the boxes (externally) just in case, but I threw the boxes away as I thought the printer was not damaged. This was not enough as I didnt take a photograph of the internal packaging. It is ridiculous. I had an insurance covering 1800 pounds (actually for nothing).
I spent my time and money calling the customer service (almost a week of emails and calls) and then they are not able to give me the money (only 40 pounds).
Never again with Transglobalexpress.

saveenam
4/11/16

Terrible customer service and misinformation - I spoke to several customer service representatives, firstly I was given the wrong flight information. I had to call multiple times to inquire about the flight, and they said they had done us a favour for swallowing up the cost - whereas it was their fault to start off. Secondly, they told me and my parents completely different things. Thirdly, they got names wrong on the flight and addresses mixed up. And lastly, after speaking to several people at different times, they all failed to provide important information from me that was necessary for the luggage to get through customs - essential information that should have been presented to me clearly and explicitly. After calling them up to complain several times, explaining the situation - they refused to provide any compensation whatsoever - they didn't take any responsibility at all and the manager didn't even have the decency to come to the phone to speak to me, despite being extremely frustrated by this ordeal. Shameful behaviour, inadequate customer service and a total lack of understanding. I don't complain often or write reviews, but this has totally crossed the line.

Questions? Get answers from the Transglobal Express staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Transglobal Express