Transglobal Express

Transglobal Express has a consumer rating of 1 star from 32 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Transglobal Express most frequently mention bike bag, customer service and delivery date problems. Transglobal Express ranks 191st among Shipping sites.

No positive highlights yet

• The bike bag was not delivered, they then initially stressed that we would have to pay for its return, a further £120.
How would you rate Transglobal Express?

“Just awful”

Julian G.
9/14/20

Totally screwed up paperwork and left us with a huge amount of legwork with customs and stupid fees. Didn't offer to help at all and denied any issue on their end

bike bag (0)
juliang183
September 14th, 2020
preethid1
August 20th, 2020
No knowledge of customs, documentation or rules and regulations. Be ready for no assistance from the company in case of any issues. The shipper needs to have all the knowledge about international shipment, since Transglobal will advise only on money part. My shipment is stuck and the company refused to offer any help for same. Pathetic service!
tonyc544
August 24th, 2020
I've been a customer for 10 year and I can honestly say this is the worst shipping company in the world. Goods arrive damaged and a they do is hide behind terms and conditions and refuse to accept there moral responsibility that they have damaged my property and refuse to refund or replace. Do not use Anna
anishap3
January 23rd, 2019
They completely damaged the box I was shipping my goods in. They then decided the fact the items arrived damaged was due to insufficient protective packaging. Didn't care the box had been ripped open by a cowboy transport allowing all the contents to be thrown around. Terrible company. Awful customer care. Out of pocket! Don't trust them. Don't use them. Cheap for a reason, get what you pay for!
thomasc580
July 2nd, 2019
NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! We have used their services for few times already. However our recent shipment(worth 2457. 4 pounds) was lost(stolen) in their warehouse. The pick up tracking has shown successful delivery. However after few days we still haven't received the parcels. So we contacted them and asked about the shipping status. Then they told us that they couldn't locate the parcels. They asked for a lot of information about the shipment. Then they spent one week for investigation without any results. They asked us to claim for the loss. And the end result was refund of 50 pound. That's it. It's ridiculous. According to their investigation results, the shipment was lost in their warehouse. Someone (maybe the staff) in their warehouse may have stolen our shipment. And they didn't care about it. The only offer was 50 pounds. If you want to use their services keep in mind that your shipment has got a risk of being stolen in their warehouse!
amberk44
May 14th, 2018
Do not use this company. Tried to send a parcel to Bali, there were insanely huge charges to get it out of customs on the other end-£1000+ so we are still trying to it returned to sender. This has been going on for a month & costing money at customs every day. We've done everything they have asked but its still not sorted, either they or DHL are lying. Humongous amount of stress involved & they simply do not care. They don't seem to actually be able to do anything either.
karishmav1
September 17th, 2019
My partner and I recently relocated to Australia and we shipped his tools from the UK using this company as he is a mechanic and got a job in a car dealership here in Sydney.

We have never experienced such shocking customer service in our entire lives. Our shipment wasn't collected on the day of collection because we were told that nobody was at home. This is complete rubbish as we took a day off work to make sure someone was home and nobody turned up.

After arriving in Sydney, a good two weeks had passed after the expected delivery date and there was no communication between us and Transglobal so we decided to chase them up using our UK phone (which cost us a hell of a lot of money). We were told that the paperwork that was originally placed on our shipment had "fallen off" and this caused a delay of an entire month.

Here's the most shocking part - because this paperwork was missing due to their carelessness, we were billed with $1,000 in duties and taxes which we had no choice but to pay in order to receive my partner's tools that he needs for work purposes.

The communication was the worst we have ever experienced please do not waste your time or money on them.
msd34
August 28th, 2019
Don't waste your time or money, they will not deliver. My parcel they were meant to collect on 21/8/19 is still sitting here a week later. I've cancelled the service, as it really isn't a service it's a shambles
blendf
May 15th, 2018
Rubbish, slow and careless company!
You will loss money, face delay and damage your shipping with Transglobal. I requested refund due to missing ID and transglobal need invoice back to year 2002 i. E 16 Years ago to make a refund. Don't trust Transglobal as I missed an important ID and at the end they just apologise without refund!
garyh182
August 4th, 2017
Unfortunately they do not know where my package is although no one is admitting this. It is now 2 days overdue and I have been told different things each time I phone:-
1. It waiting for the next flight out
2. It is in the Belgium hub
3. It is in Holland stuck in customs
4. It is in Rwanda
So basically they are not fit for purpose as a courier. I cannot recommend this company. Choose one that does not depend on other carriers it means they will have more control and information!
francise20
July 15th, 2019
I had a parcel collected in the uk on 3 June and sent to Europe I booked the economy service and paid (£53)online to Transglobal Express.
The DHL collector didn't mention the need to download a label but produced his own label, selecting (without asking) the fastest (most expensive) service. I now have an extra of £81 which is either the extra amount or a charge for DHL on top of the original £53.
The parcel - which wasn't urgent at all - in fact took 17 days to arrive, far longer than even the economy' service - I believe due to the lack of information entered on the new label (perhaps in his hurry to get away with the scam)
I would advise you NOT to trust Transglobal Express... I will be fighting their charge and will publish the outcome here. If you have also been scammed please add a review here to warn others.

I know it's a small amount but I believe I am being scammed by someone in their system and don't want to let them get away with it so easily as just to send me a threatening letter and email demanding the extra charge by 25 July.
It seems I'm not alone in thinking that this company is a scam... has anyone tried to sue them? Would anyone be interested in forming an action group to do so? They deserve to be exposed before others suffer.
pauls50
June 5th, 2019
You cannot trust this company - They will quote one price and then invoice you a much higher price balance after and threaten legal action. This company is a total scam
jamesa535
August 29th, 2018
Lost parcel after a month
After numerous phone calls am getting no where just fobbed off.
The opperator blames everyone but themselves.
Promised call backs dont happen
Promised updates dont happen
Wont ever deal with these rip off merchants again.
dagd
November 28th, 2017
My mum arranged a package for collection, they failed to collect on the arranged day. They eventually collected them the parcel didn't turn up, it was only going from U. K. to Jersey but 5 days later had not arrived. My mum had to call them three times before they told her that the parcel was still in the warehouse as DHL had not collected. Still waiting for this package.
neilp54
August 7th, 2018
This Disgraceful company just want to hold my friend's retired parents to ransom for £100. They tried to charge £100 via TNT for the delivery of their own possession that was of next to no value. Now they want £70 because the recipient refused to pay for the scam delivery as it has been with TNT for too long and they want an extra £20 to skip the item or they are just going to debit it from a retired person's account.

DO NOT get caught up in their scam charges once the parcel has been collected.

RE: TNT Shipment Alert / TP-1764298 Urgent
gosiak
May 22nd, 2018
Hidden charges, very poor service, scammy business, be careful. We have been using their services to ship many parcels to USA (10-20 monthly) for number of months, now after 8 months since shippment they come back to us with some warehouse charges that were charged by UPS due to some tiny information lacking on commercial invoice. All contact information were provided ( 2 x phone numbers, 2 x emails) no one UPS or Transglobal made any effort to contact us. It was us who contacted them when we have noticed that it takes too long for shipment being delivered and we have provided information ASAP. Now it is not possible for us to raise dispute to Transglobal as they are only re-invoicing and UPS would not talk to us as charges are for Transglobal. Massive failure and lack of trust. I would not recommend for company shipments
dougl733
October 18th, 2017
This company takes no care in what they are doing. They damaged my package and don't care about fixing the situation. They are condescending, and I have to re explain my situation every time I speak with them. They have decided to refuse to do anything about my massively damaged package.

Heed the warnings on this site and stay away from them.
gerarde11
April 24th, 2018
Shambolic and wretched experience. Do NOT use these guys. Their promises are as poor as their service. I entrusted them with urgent legal documents for delivery to the USA via DPD and DHL which are their recommended service providers. I was given a delivery date only to find out that FIVE DAYS LATER the package hadn't even left the UK! In fact it had traveled precisely 125 miserable miles. Transglobal did their best to deny I'd been given a date and deflected all the blame to DPD, but still had not provided a single message about the delays, no warnings, no action, no compensation NOTHING. Choose another company.
zahida8
April 25th, 2017
Item arrived and full broken but the insurance I bought from Transglobal Express turned out to be completely worthless. They refused to pay a penny for the broken items. I feel doubly cheated and would never use them again.
aliks2
August 31st, 2017
Talk about rubbish service. Why did I not come to sitejabber before using these clowns? So I booked a simple document collection. UPS takes it. Then weekend comes Monday comes and my stuff is not moving? I called and got some run around. Then they said they waiting on UPS to get back to them. Finally my document is just sitting there in UPS offices all this time. (note avoid UPS also). Finally they got the package going. But then I wrote a complaint since they said they they are an accountable company. I am still waiting for a reply. But Good thing I paid with PayPal because I want my coppers back.
jamesw354
September 7th, 2016
My parcel arrived beaten up with a 37cm cut through one of the boxes. Not only did some of my valuable items arrive broken, but the insurance I bought from Transglobal Express turned out to be completely worthless. They refused to pay a penny for the broken items. I feel doubly cheated and would never use them again.
tatianat9
February 9th, 2017
I'm sorry but our office is no longer quoting you. We've quoted you quite a bit over the last year and have had very few books. It's taking up too many resources therefore we're going to have to decline your business. I'm very sorry but we wish you the best.
peacea6
May 9th, 2017
I ordered an international courier service on the 1st May; everything went well.
Printed & prepped the package & waited.
The courier service (UPS) failed the pick up, so i called TransGlobal to enquire; they found all types of excuses for UPS but rebooked for the next day.
I had faith & waited but the next day was even worse; they didnt even bother to call to lie. Just silence.

When i called TransGlobal, i was met with more excuses; no effort to resolve the situation.

I happily canceled & took my business to IPostParcel

The only good thing about TransGlobal is that they refunded my money within a few days but then again, thats down to the Bank, so i guess theres noting good about them.

STAY CLEAR

Tip for consumers: D.O
N.O.T

sharonr135
April 13th, 2018
Steer clear, ONE STAR IS TOO MANY this company is totally dishonest, Sent a parcel with them, which I also insured, they would not pay out when the parcel was delivered broken, they dragged the claim out for over 4 weeks, and then when the parcel was returned to me through PayPal/ ebay returns (as not as described as it was broken) they said that they do not pay out on parcels once they leave the original destination, absolutely disgusting service, steer clear
Update, I see they have replied, but this still doesnt solve the problem, I insured the parcel, you took my money, and delivered it broken, absolutely disgusting service, not only have I lost the goods but I paid for insurance I NEVER RECIEVED, delivery that was well below sub standard, and then I had to pay return postage,
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
chrisf110
September 21st, 2016
A one star rating is already far too high. One of the worst experiences that I have witnessed. I requested my personal belongings be shipped from London to Singapore and used TransGlobal in combination with TNT and what an awful decision that ultimately was. The shipping arrived absolutely trashed. The word trashed was used by two of their own staff, not myself, just to highlight the condition on arrival. The first part of my shipment arrived (they lost one item initially) with boxes damaged, ripped and clearly been handled without any care what so ever. It was therefore no surprise to establish that a number of items were broken and damaged; some of value, pictures, frames etc, and others that whilst no value attached, held greater sentimental value noticeably those provided by a deceased family member. The final part of my shipment was eventually located, shipped and arrived broken. The customer service teams at both companies have been woeful. I have requested compensation for damages as well as a refund for the complete lack of service. After weeks of being played against one another, I was offered £50! This was insulting. The staff have been rude, have lied and been unhelpful throughout. As others have stated, the insurance is worthless, the service is appalling and a complete lack of morals. I am continuing to follow up regarding compensation, but my advice is to stay well away from both of these companies. I gave my personal items in good faith and this was utterly betrayed.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Transglobal Express staff and other customers.

Specialist worldwide freight forwarders with 20 years experience in providing air freight and sea freight forwarding services. Save up to 70% on parcel delivery costs with our discount international courier services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Transglobal Express?

Have a question about Transglobal Express?