Review of TransferWise

Tel: +1 888 908 3833
support@transferwise.com

stevenm83
5/20/19

I tried this website. Gave them a copy of my passport was verified, set up my bank account and did a money transfer overseas bank to bank passed all the security questions at my bank and suddenly: see photo. No warning, no explanation, not even an email informing me. I appealed and so far nothing!

martinj87
2/1/19

Since about one year I use TransferWise for monthly transfers to Philippine bank accounts.
If the transfer works, the money is on the account after 3 to 5 working days - often the money comes back again with the hint that the recipient data are not correct. This has never been the case.
However, the last bank transfer did not work again.
TransferWise transfers the amount to a Philippine partner bank. This bank then sends the transfer amount to the recipient's bank. TransferWise partner banks in the Philippines are Tranglo-Bank, Metro-Bank and BDO-Bank. In my profile a note was added to carry out transactions only with BDO, as the BDO bank has proven to be a reliable bank. Transfers with Tranglo bank have never worked.
Now the Metro Bank has been used for the first time, but the note in my profile says only to transfer via BDO. The call agent proudly told me on the phone that they had used the Metro Bank for me for the first time. So an experiment with the result that after 7 days the amount still not arrived. That is very annoying. At the 1st FEB bills should ve been payed in the Philippines.
2 days ago a reference code was sent to me by TW with which the recipient should present herself to the bank to locate the payment. The recipient did that as well. Result: The payment could not be localized!

Today I called TW again, like almost every day. I would need a receipt from the recipient's account which shows that the amount (12000 PHP) has not arrived. I have already sent the receipt 2 days ago by email, but been told that this is not enough for a document. This paper could be made by anyone at a printer. I use TW about one year, partly several times a month, to get then indirectly told I would cheat them...

IT IS ENOUGH NOW!

I cannot recommend Transferwise to anyone with a clear conscience and will delete my user account with Transferwise after clarification of the facts.
Western Union and AZIMO are a little more expensive, but the money is available within minutes !

echezonao
12/16/18

Please everyone trasferwise is made up with professional and well trained people working together to give us what we deserve. I love the service so much.

zeeshanj2
11/12/18

These people suck. They will, without warning, freeze your account and hold all of your money. They won't tell you why. They won't give you any warning. They will just lock you out and the only way you know you have a problem is when you can't log in. Then, they will tell you it takes up to two months to get your funds. Your property. Your liquidity. Your vital operational cash. They don't care. Do not do business with these scumbags. Do not trust them with your money. With your receivables. With anything and has a long history of suspending accounts and holding funds. Just google Transferwise sucks. Avoid them completely. Do business with a real, legitimate payment service like WorldFirst instead. they deactivated my account after receiving 14012 AUD. Why they should take money in first place to deactivate later? It's like they play games of holding money, very weird company, they miss genuine customers on stupid check strictness on profile.

janes171
11/2/18

DO NOT TRUST A COMPANY THAT WILL NOT ALLOW CASH RELOADING OF YOUR DEBIT CARD.IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT A COMPANY THAT CALLS THEMSELVES A DEBIT CARD COMPANY BUT WILL NOT ALLOW STANDARD DEBIT CARD FEATURES.VERY SHADEY BUSINESS PRACTICES,THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

lucag11
5/24/18

Fair, friendly, and it works!
They are one of the few fair alternatives to money transfer internationally.
The most of other services available are loan sharks.

I have appreciated a lot the low fees and the great, friendly and prompt customer support.

We have to support TransferWise because those guys are doing a great service to all of us, with not so much money, that need to transfer and are often victim of this crazy speculative bank system.

Thanks!

Tip for consumers: You can use it with nearly any bank or credit card

ianm148
4/16/18

I have been trying to reach the team foe 40 days now, i made a payment withdrawal from my studypool account and up to now there is no credit in my account. Plus they have poor user customer service. i will never request anyone to use this service of transfer. Kindly stay away.

maheshs12
4/7/18

Yes, the transfer is quite slow, not as advertised. However, I still like the service as I can request and hold 29 currencies in 29 different countries' banks. I don't think any
other services offer such for free!

Also, the verification was pretty quick!

andreas329
5/19/17

Well, i thought that might be a reliable way of transferring money from one country to another....not so much . Misleading. Don't count on transfers during the weekend. You have to link a bank account, and still doesnt work . Takes them 2 business days for a transfer in Europe , Really ?? My bank does that in 2 hours .Same fees or none. I thought i try it out while traveling ...never again.If a transfer is in Europe they transfer yo uno a site called Sofort ( immediately ) transfer....hahahahaha good joke Immediately means immediately for me , not 2 business days. And if you are unlucky to catch it on a weekend , it takes 3-4 days. Sorry guys, you have to do way better than that to get my business again .....

manindram
9/27/16

The site is super slow. Be ready to spend 30 mins when the site is loading for each transfer. It just keeeeeep on Loading... that's what you pay for $ save I guess. Nothing is free. Never seen a slower site

vasundharat
3/16/16

I am pleasantly surprised by how great the service is. I have made quiet a few transfers and was never let down.

nehemiahj
3/9/16

I use this every month. Still staying #1 as of Jan-2016

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Of course not. They are not a bank. You transfer from account in one bank to another bank. If you travel in many different countries, consider Western Union. Or go to any ATM and use your a debit card issued by your home bank. There are other apps and services to send money to designated locations, in some countries it's a telegraph office or big chain store like Walmart. You can't receive any cash without "dealing with banks" - at the very least you should have a sender-bank that money come from. Or your parents should :).

By Alex M.
Questions? Get answers from the TransferWise staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TransferWise