Review of Tourneau

New York, NY 10022, US
customerservice@tourneau.com

jr418
12/22/18

They don't tell you but if you order something off Tourneau.com the item comes from one of their stores and there is very poor coordination between them. I ordered a watch as a Christmas gift with overnight delivery.2 days later it still hasn't arrived and no one can tell me when it will if ever. Got the total run around from both Tourneau and UPS. Furthermore, Tourneau customer service is only open Monday-Friday til 5pm so after hours and weekends you are SOL if there's a problem. I will not get this before Christmas, which is now ruined. SO pissed.

kazs2
12/9/17

I saw a Rolex watch on Tourneau website on sale, marked down from $5450 to $3815. so I called the Atlanta Tourneau store at Leonex Mall, the sales person told me that it just happened that they have that watch in Atlanta store so I asked him to hold it for me I will be there in a few minutes, when I got there they told me the watch is already sold. I was a little disappointed but 2 days later they posted the same watch with the same sku number same model same year, same everything on their website for the price of $5450 again so I called the customer service and explain what happened at Atlanta store she acknowledged that it is the same watch in fact it is the only one they have in their system but she won't honor the sale price even though the watch was never sold. It is puzzling to me why a 118 year old company would engage in bait and switch scam. I had taken a picture of the sale price with my phone and i emailed it to them with proof to shame them into honoring the sale price. They don't care.

chrisv61
8/21/17

Tried to source a bracelet for my AP watch. People were complete idiots. Spent 15 mins on hold Bounced around from phone to phone. Finally gave up and said to hell with this. Don't waste your time on these morons

gaili3
7/20/17

I ORDED A WATCH ONLINE TOOK THEM OVER 3 DAYS TO VALIDATE IT WAS ME!!!! EVEN THOUGH I HAD THEIR CREDIT CARD WHEN I CALLED THE LADY GAVE ME THE HUGEST ATTITUDE! I DID NOT SPEND MY MONEY FOR ONLINE PEOPLE TO GIVE ME ATTITUDE. I WAS TOLD THE WATCH WOULD BE HERE FOR MY FATHERS BIRTHDAY ! BUT IT WASNT DISHONEST AND FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

Tip for consumers: DONT SHOP HERE SAVE YOUR SELF THE TIME & ENERGY.

laurencea14
6/25/17

This is a well-known company that has been around for over 100 years. That would make you believe they must be reputable. Nothing could be farther from the truth. 100 years ago, even 50 years ago, I'm sure things were fine. Today this company is barely holding on and it has turned to using deception and fraud to stay in business. One example is their "certified" pre-owned timepieces. The term "certified" should indicate the watches were tested in certain apparent ways and the customer would be made aware of those tests. This is not the case. The used watches are simply cleaned and checked to see if they run before being put in the case for sale. Most of the time they end up coming back for service and usually more than once. Often the customer has to pay for some of these services. What I have just told you I know first hand.
If you're considering visiting their flagship, The "Time Machine" at 57 and Madison in NYC, you're headed for the worst location they have. Inside is an environment run by a management team that rules by fear and threats. The employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs if they make one wrong move or if they decide to be honest and not go along with the fraud and deception that exists.
I could write so much more, but you get the point.
There are plenty of places to buy the same watches that Tourneau sells. Avoid this company at all costs.

alfredb19
3/16/17

UNFORTUNATE PURCHASE. My wife and I were in NYC in 2007 and purchased a beautiful pre-owned Baume & Mercier gold ladies Hampton watch from their agent Ms. Romano. She convinced us to buy by emphasizing Tourneau's lifetime exchange policy, which guaranteed we could use the purchase price of the B&M towards the purchase of another watch at Tourneau.

Recently, I was put in touch with a Mr. Bega who informed me that Tourneau changed their lifetime exchange policy to simply a trade in policy. In addition, offered me 1/3 of the purchase price as a trade in and in a second email denied the lifetime exchange policy ever existed. I even suggested a compromise, but they stuck to the ridiculously low trade offfer.

Man, do we ever feel taken advantage of. Poor customer relations and shady sales practices. Lots of other reputable watch stores out there to do business with. We will not go back to Tourneau, and urge those reading this to spread the word and do business elsewhere.

jaredg11
12/23/16

I would never repeat business after seeing how much of a cut they take on watches. You can get them much cheaper.

matthewc81
9/3/16

Very disrespectful and judgemental employees especially Caitlin Hausser! Who claimed to be the "Manager" After I requested more information from a facebook post she made on her personal timeline. She disrespectfully said "you are a kid" "you can't afford a $40,000 timepieces do not comment on my page" This 31 year old "kid" little does she know owns multiple Hublot, Breitling, Tag Huer pieces all over $40k+ worth each. My friends and I WERE looking to add to our current multiple million dollar collections. No matter how long a company has been around if they disrespect or prejudge anybody that companies days are numbered. If Tourneau has any integrity or respect for its customers the leaders will immediately FIRE Caitlin Hausser so she does not directly lose business for Tourneau. Unfortunately my friends and I will unlikely do anymore business with Tourneau in the future due to Caitlin Haussers actions.

franks141
Frank S.
6/7/16

I always send my watch into Tourneau to be cleaned, have the battery replaced, and checked for leaks to ensure my watch stays water resistant. These are services they offer free when you buy from them. I can't even tell you how much I used to pay to get my watch I bought somewhere else serviced. I'm a customer for life.

lisap174
Lisa P.
4/8/16

We got each of our groomsman designer cufflinks from Tourneau. We ordered every guy a pair to match his personality, and they loved it. Quality product and a great selection I hadn't seen anywhere else.

alexz36
Alex Z.
3/10/16

...a phrase you generally only hear when buying a car. But with Tourneau I know any pre-owned watch I buy has been restored with the same care and concern as a pre-owned car. I bought a pre-owned JAEGER-LECOULTRE and it did not disappoint! I would have never known it was pre-owned as this watch was mint. Not to mention it came with a 2-Year Warranty and FREE Lifetime 5 Point Check-Up!

nancyh114
Nancy H.
1/28/16

I sold a watch through the Touneau site. It was really easy and I feel I got a very fair price for my watch. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

jennifera49
11/18/14

Tourneau online is even better than shopping at their store because the variety is even better. The stores do not always have everything and then you just end up buying what you didn't really want. Go online to the tourneau store instead.

hopem
11/18/14

I just wanted to give Tourneau a big 5 stars for being such a reputable dealer of watches. I bought a piaget about 10 years ago from them and till this day they have honored their word and replacing my battery for this watch every single time. Sure the watch was over $5K and it was not marked down but it was worth every penny for the customer service they have given me for this timepiece ever since then. It as broken down twice and both times it was repaired at no cost to me.

barbaray7
9/4/14

Prices at tourneau may not always be the cheapest, but I am happy knowing they will stand by their product and help me get it repaired if the watch ever fails.

mariag64
8/28/14

I bought a preowned piaget watch for about 50 percent of what it would cost otherwise. I am confident that I bought the real thing as they always check to make sure it is not a replica. They also guarentee it to be working.

helenm59
7/23/14

My first Tag Heuer came from tourneau and for the past 15 years they have always replaced my watch battery for me. Their level of customer service is pretty much unparalleled.

62 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Tourneau staff and other customers.

Tourneau?