TorontoMatchmakers

TorontoMatchmakers has a consumer rating of 2.68 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. TorontoMatchmakers ranks 107th among Dating sites.

• Im currently with matchmakers after 5 months and have met 2 people.
  • You never know how much having someone can change your life until you have the right person.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate TorontoMatchmakers?

“Great service”

Paul W.
2/3/19

This took longer than I thought to work, but it did. That's all that matters me to quite frankly. I married my best friend last year and we just celebrated our 1 year together. Don't waste any more time people.

“No communication from the office”

C L.
3/6/20

2 dates in 1 year First one was so wrong... The second one was ok but I had to travel quite far and he didn't. I wasn't asked how it went as a result I didn't make any comment. I was automatically put on inactive for 6 months. After I emailed I was told about the reporting. I am still waiting for date #3. No communication unless I initiate it.

5 months (3) right person (3)
paulw584
February 3rd, 2019

sharonb1305
January 4th, 2021

Don't be fooled by this organization. I was pressured into signing a contract that cost me over $8,000. Was only connected to three very unsuitable men. The "contract" was for them to provide 12 referrals. When trying to get in touch with my so called matchmakers to find out what was going on they were conveniently unreachable. The original company name was eLove and they disappeared and became TorontoMatchmakers to evade people like me since they never delivered on their empty promises. Don't let them prey on you. Disgusting bottom dwelling predators taking advantage of emotionally vulnerable people.

Tip for consumers:
Would give them negative stars if that was possible.

sammieo1
February 15th, 2019

Im currently with matchmakers after 5 months and have met 2 people. The first match was pretty mediocre and I was worried about this working. I met the second guy and we are really great friends. He is an amazing person and I can see we are compatible and why they matched us. I am now so hopeful and optimistic that I will meet the right guy. Being patient is hard!

sorins9
April 20th, 2020

Before joining this agency, you will have the possibility of seeing their website. Very summary and no pictures. After paying the fee and becoming a full member, you will see the same. An outdated website, buggy and with an unfinished look. You can make suggestions, but you cannot choose the lady you want to meet. They will choose for you, and it seems their matching algorithm is totally random, without considering the lady's preferences or my own preferences. The members database is not maintained, they introduced to me a scammer, a woman who was not a member anymore, another woman who they were thinking she live in Toronto, but she was living in Winnipeg, and so on.
I can say it was the worst experience I ever had with an agency, and even free sites like POF are in much better shape and richer in information. I would give 0 stars, for 0 matches they were found for me. Totally a waste of time and money.

cl314
March 6th, 2020

lewisa27
February 9th, 2019

I have to say I went about this all wrong to begin with. My matchmakers advised me from the start to be open minded. I was pretty rigid in my preferences. After 5 months of turning down every match I finally said what the heck, let's just go with it. Two matches later, I met Colleen. Listen to their advice and the process will work.

carriel48
April 2nd, 2018

I spent my life building my career, never really believed in getting married because at the end of the day it's just a piece of paper. I went through a marriage with a man when I was very young but no children together. Im not looking to have kids.
I joined this service last year and the process takes time. Love is a numbers game you need to be patient.

Verdict? I'm engaged.

Sometimes it only takes one person to change your life but it takes you to decide that.
Thanks Toronto Matchmakers for everything, wouldn't have been here without the team guiding me at my hardest times.

Hi Carrie,
Congratulations on your engagement! This is what we live for!
Thank you for your patience and kindness through this process.
I am glad it was well worth the wait;)
We wish you and your new found partner, a lifetime of happiness.

Warmest Regards,
Toronto Matchmakers

cynthiaa51
January 22nd, 2018

I joined Toronto Matchmakers last year, and so far they only sent me three people whom I was not at all attracted too. I have contacted them several times hoping they will send me more people ( they suppose to send you eight referrals) to choose from and they have not even replied to me. All I can say is they are scammers just after your money, I paid over $6000. 00 for garbage, I can meet anyone faster and much more attractive then the people they send you. So think carefully about departing with your hard earned money. Very disappointed!

kellym267
January 27th, 2018

They take your money and fail to match you or even return your phone calls. If you ever do get the opportunity to speak with someone, they advise they are under new management and promise to right the wrongs of previous management. They prey on vulnerable people. Do not fall for this scam!

shirleyh72
December 27th, 2018

I joined the Toronto Matchmakers in Aug 2018 (about 5 months ago) There was a lot of pressure from Joanna to sign up during the interview, I did and wish I hadn't.
I purchased 6 referrals and was told it can take a maximum of 8 weeks to find the first match, but that there were lots of available men in my area looking for what I was, so there should be no problem! I provided my deal breakers and #1 was a non-smoker
I called at month 3 to ask what was happening, they found me a match in Nov, he was a smoker? Did they not read my deal breakers?
Silence since, I have called a few times and been told "be patient" At this point I just want my money back as I have no faith in them and their guarantees appears to be false.
It has been 5 months and nothing unless I call and am told they are searching? My lawyer is suggesting a complaint to the BBB and start blogging etc but at this point if I get a full refund I will go quietly. I wish I had never signed up and don't recommend anyone else doing so!

annam481
December 20th, 2018

This company puts pressure on you to sign a contract without letting you read through it. Watch out because whatever they do they protect their scam in the contract. Your money is gone and they give you no guarantee of the service. All they say is they give you referrals and they screw you over... now you have to deal with lawyers and more to get a dime back... if at all

josea225
June 30th, 2018

I am a happy client of Toronto Matchmakers,
I can not believe any of the negative reviews on here, I am shocked and question who wrote them.

I am in a long term relationship with who I know is the love of my life. If I believed any of these crazy reviews, I never would had a chance of love again.

The staff here are such amazing people. I am very grateful for this opportunity. Thank you Toronto Matchmakers very much

Christina H. – TorontoMatchmakers Rep

Our team is passionate being part of our client's lives to find love again.
Congratulations on behalf of Toronto Matchmakers
Wishing you and your new found partner a lifetime of happiness.
Warmest Regards!

annab286
February 3rd, 2017

This company and all of the helpful staff along my journey made me feel cared about and ultimately found me my person. My first couple matches were not what I expected and I became very discouraged with the service. The matchmakers were with me every step of the way and helped me to understand that this is a process. I finally found my better half and we are moving in together next month! So happy I stuck with the process and so happy I have found my hunky man ;)

* TorontoMatchmakers attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Christina H. – TorontoMatchmakers Rep

Thank you Anna for your review.
Our team love what we do, with amazing clients like yourself it makes it easy!
We wish you well and as always, thank you for having faith in us.
Toronto Matchmakers Team

consuellamonican
September 12th, 2017

Adding to my other review... Firmly believe, that the 1* ratings are the real and accurate ones... all with 4* or 5*, the "owners" have various pics, with different dogs. As a psychic I strongly believe, that is one and the same person creating fake profiles and posting positive reviews, in order to attract new victims. Shaking my head. I was not one of them; luckily. Call Police or Better Business Bureau on them, or take them to Small Claims Court. Good luck and keep your own money for your own needs, don't waste it on them. Not worthy.

micheller381
January 29th, 2019

Seems like the people writing these super negative reviews are impatient. I was with the service for 18 months and finally found my partner. Couldn't be happier.

karenl611
February 7th, 2019

This was the perfect service for me as I am a busy working professional who do not have much time, i have tried the online and gone out a few times with friends in hopes to meet mr. Right. I have come to a point in my life that i am the best version of who i am and it was time to share my life with someone special. I went through an amazing interview with one of the consultants at Toronto Matchmakers and she made me feel so comfortable moving forward with this because this was so new to me, I was very nervous.

I am now in a wonderful relationship with Phil - we were introduced through this serivce. I was pleasantly surprised when we met, he was my 4th introduciton from the team. He taught me love, patience and fate. I am glad that the timing of my life let me meet Phil.

Thank you Toronto Matchmakers Team.
You guys rock!

gwynnes1
June 20th, 2019

Extremely unethical company
They lie about having matches when they don't.
Avoid this company at all costs. Don't give them a cent.
I've been a member for a year and no dates. They blame me
And make no effort to find me matches.
A Total rip off

christinem368
November 11th, 2018

Dear all
My perception is that Toronto Matchmakers is a scam. No matches in over a year. They promised to reimburse me for the FX difference of them having a US merchant ID - not done. I have referred this matter to the Financial Crimes Unit of the Toronto Police snd suggest you do the same.
I feel that I have been harassed, abused and taken advantage of by this company.
Please do not use them.

jacquelinea59
January 20th, 2019

As a professional thought perhaps this was the proper more " distinguished" way to encounter online dating... now much more well read & seasoned this Toronto Matchmakers Scam is a total misleading RIPOFF! I actually feel foolish to have entrusted their company & would be ashamed of myself if I were one of their employees misleading people whom are vulnerable & easily swayed. They bring you in for an interview bedazzle you (with false hope) took like 8 months before I had a date & could have probably found better playing a guitar@ the liquor store... yes its almost comical. Shame on this company for such false advertising... dont be foolish & waste money here friends it... hate to admit I was a fool... but lesson learnd so just warning all of you

karenj106
February 3rd, 2017

I have met the man of my dreams.
I was recommended to the service from a client/friend. I am well known in Toronto. Privacy and confidentiality is extremely important to me. I felt immediately safe when I walked in the office, very warm and inviting. Not to mention the professional consultant that made me feel at ease and welcomed.

My children are both grown and in school, it definitely was my calling.
After my 5th introduction from the Matchmakers. They nailed it.

Mark and I are planning our first getaway to Mexico, next week.
I think it was important for us to leave some words of encouragement to someone looking to start over. The world can be a negative place but as long as you hold on to hope and fate, you have more than you need.

Good luck, hope this was helpful.

Christina H. – TorontoMatchmakers Rep

Thank you Karen for your review.

We are all very happy for you and Mark and wish you both a safe and fun trip to Mexico.
Cheers!

figsm
January 24th, 2019

I signed up in May 2017. After 6 months was finally sent one date to a person who never called. Have never heard from the company again. I would not recommend this organization. High pressure. I feel so silly to have signed up. I would have felt better giving the $7,000 to charity.

ericjenl
October 5th, 2017

Hello, my name is E and I joined Toronto Matchmakers about 1.5 years ago with the sole purpose to just put myself in a better opportunity to meet other single professionals in my area. I didn't know if I wanted to be married again but was open to the idea if the right person came along. Well, she sure did. After a few matches with some really nice ladies in the service, I met Julie. She joined in the Mississauga location, and completely took me for surprise.

First date, as if I have known this lady my entire life.
Now, 1.5 years later... we have decided to share our entire life together, you guessed it... we are GETTING MARRIED.

Thanks everyone for encouraging us and sticking by our side.

sheinl
August 8th, 2019

Please anyone here who file a complaint in court? Would like to file charges to this company. I did my complaint to BBB and Ontario consumer protection and Plan to pursue in court, I need to know if someone got a refund?

normanb41
February 14th, 2017

Today is Valentine's day and I thought I should write a review. A year ago today I had no one to share my love with. I joined this service and this year is a different story. You never know how much having someone can change your life until you have the right person. I am a different man and I am glad I took a chance on this. Don't go through any more Valentine's days alone.

Christina H. – TorontoMatchmakers Rep

Thank you Norman for you Review.
We are happy to hear this Valentines Day was special for you.
Cheer to many more!
- Toronto Matchmakers Staff

ebit
August 9th, 2019

They take the money and come up with all kinds of excuses for the work that they signed a contract for.
It is a shame that such companies can operate.

Thank you for your question Peter, You may reach 4166289704

By Christina H.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TorontoMatchmakers staff and other customers.

Toronto Matchmakers is the premier matchmaking service for upscale and mature singles, with offices in Toronto and Mississauga. CALL 416-800-9249

Christina H.
Toronto's Leading Premier Matchmaking Service for over 35 Years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TorontoMatchmakers?

Have a question about TorontoMatchmakers?