Review of TopCV.co.uk

support@topcv.co.uk

56 reviews with 1 star

anasa39
12/11/19
I have reported my feedback on the CV. Yet no one contacted me for so. No one applied any change to the points I raised in the drafted CV.
paulk703
11/24/19
Having paid £120 for a professional CV and a second revision, what I received was so poor, and in fact dis-honest, that it is unusable. Seriously, had I been recruited based on this CV,I could have been sued for mis-representation, it was so inaccurate.
The covering letter was embarrassing, and as an experienced sales professional, held the sort of one liners, that a double glazing call center would use cold calling. It was cringe-worthy.
Having reviewed it, re-submitted it with the mountain of errors explained, apparently as I did not do this within 5 days, that is that.
Despite writing to them and pointing out that they failed in their part of the contract to produce professional and accurate CV, is all I get back, is 'Give us more money, and we will fix it'.
I have repeatedly pointed out that I would have expected a call,but they simply ignore any question's including are you really in the UK?
AVOID - I do not think the actual writers are UK based.

Tip for consumers: Do not use these -I am sure they are based somewhere in Eastern Europe based on the abysmal grammar and language used.

quynhl1
10/4/19
Absolutely appalling. The sales pitch is a stark difference to the actual delivered product. The CV created was even worse than my previous one! They have zero experience in your industry as they claim and use stock standard cv templates written by people with poor English skills. I asked to be downgraded to the lowest plan (which is far too expensive for the quality of the premium product) as a compromise, and have limited response except to threaten me with collection agencies.
End result - lost a lot of money, did not receive the product I paid for. Extremely rude and threatening final email from them. Absolute scam.
stuarts105
9/29/19
What an awful experience! !.. How could I be so stupid to part with money for this scam!.. I wish I had read the reviews on here first.
I wanted a fresh pair of 'expert' eyes to look at my CV as I hadn't updated the format for a while and wanted it more edited and stronger. The first draft came and straight away realised this company wasn't legitimate, It was shocking!..
TOPCV promise to match with an expert writer in your 'region' and with experience in your industry. This is complete rubbish. My writer was obviously in the U.S. and I am in the U.K. and he obviously had no experience in my industry, not to mention al the grammatical errors and bad sentence structure. I asked to change writer but asked them to confirm that they can fullfuill their promise of a match in my region and industry but they never answered this.. I then asked for a refund.. which they refused. I eventually got half money back which I realise from reading other reviews on here that this was a result as most seem to get nothing back. They are only interested in taking your money..
Please don't fall for this scam. They are taking advantage of good people that only want to better themselves by having a stronger CV.. TOPCV are not capable of doing this for you.
The good reviews on here are ridiculous and obviously fake. If you keep scrolling down you see many more reviews like mine.
rishiv3
9/22/19
Absolutely disappointed with the Top CV UK. They made two drafts of my CV from two different writers, supposedly the best suited for drafting my CV. Both drafts lacked content, had gramitical errors and not to mention the choice of language was extremely poor. They also refused to refund the amount point blank and left the project undone.
Noticed they use standard template and add a few key words for softwares to pick. Unbelievably, bad job and extremely frustrating experience. Rishi Vig Group CFO, UAE.
mandim19
9/17/19
I recently asked TopCV to rewrite my resume, not because I cannot, but because my career has taken various paths that do not come together well on paper. I needed the fresh eyes of someone who does not know me, to create a profile that makes sense and shows a path through 20 years' worth of career.

I received back a CV very similar to the one I handed over to them originally (which was not the point!), except the new one had tonnes of flowery adjectives' all thrown together in sentences that didn't really say anything at all. I was an English teacher, so grammar, spelling and basic construction of sentences is important to me. Sentences such as Excel at resolving employer challenges with innovative solutions, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction, and the bottom line,' does not really mean anything and was not what I was looking for! Perhaps they meant to say that I am particularly gifted at paying attention to budget constraints and efficient at finding solutions that are cost effective? Another good example would be: Provide support and assistance in hiring capable candidates and delivering training to new employees in order to enhance organisational skills and productivity.' I work with engineers; no amount of induction training would result in their suddenly acquiring organisational skills! But, by far the best was this little diamond; Headed the health & safety committee and developed policies and procedures to prevent possible injuries, illness, and contamination from improper hygiene', what on earth does Headed' mean? There were so many glaring errors and it was clear to me that sentences were simply cut and pasted and I do not believe that the person who wrote my CV ever read my original or paid attention to my comments and requests.

I was very unhappy with my first draft and said as much, I started out marking it up with red and then decided there was more marking up than actual text, so I changed my CV to make it a little bit easier for them and re-submitted it, with point by point comments on every paragraph. I was most unimpressed to re-receive my first draft with no changes at all back again a week later! By now, I had been messed about for 2 weeks and some of the opportunities I was interested in, were expired.
I did get in touch with TopCV and after a conversation where I laid out my irritations and asked for a refund, was told via email that I will only be refunded a small percentage of what I paid! I am beyond annoyed at this company, because anybody, no matter how intellectually challenged could take one look at the CV presented to me, twice, and know that there would be no way that I could present that CV to any prospective employer. Do not trust this company with your CV, you really would do a lot better to write out your own.

Having looked on this site, I now see there are many others with exactly the same experience as myself. I am preparing the documentation to take this company to small claims court so that I get all my money refunded. It is the easiest court process, costs very little and will ensure they do not continue to get away with bad refund behaviour. At the end of the day they are stealing your hard earned money so please take action!
ahmedm122
5/22/19
I enjoyed viewing my CV from another point of view and I enjoyed the challenge to make it more appealing, my advisors advice was helpful but some comments I didn't fully understand.
santoshb7
5/21/19
SCAM ALERT!!! SCAM ALERT!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

TOPCV should be ashamed of themselves and should be reported to relevant authorities for being a scam.

They don't have a clue what they are doing. There are no expert CV writers involved.
They just formatted my CV to look different and took away all relevant details and added irrelevant ones which I have never done in my career. The writer had no idea what they were doing and it was clear they don't have any expertise in CV writing.

They share an ATS software outcome on your older CV and make you aware of the shortcomings so that you buy their package. I asked them to run the ATS on my new CV made by themselves. This ATS outcome of the new CV was far worse than the older CV's. It showed me to have 10 years less experience than I actually did. The ATS outcome from my older CV was far better and more relevant than the new one as far as my role, work experience, expertise was concerned. They actually made my CV absolutely worse than before.

I have emails to prove my claims.

I won't write any individual names because in all probability, considering the way they conduct business(if you can call it that), the names are fake too.

The new CV removed all relevant and useful details and just added few difficult to read sentences in English. That's all they did.

Stay away. TOPCV doesn't know what they are doing. They are a useless scamming company and cheats with fake claims.

We trust them to make our CV better to enhance our career prospects and pay them our hard earned money but they have no idea what they are doing and make the outcome worse. I was so looking forward to a better version of my CV but all that has just gone down the drain.

The cover letter is no good either. My older cover letter was far better than what generic letter they provided to me. Money wasted.

If you want to get cheated go buy their packages. Else find another better service.
They are a scam and should be out of business. They have no right to run these services.

I am also surprised by how any negative review of TOPCV on any website has immediately been overridden by several short positive reviews on top.
josephl339
5/1/19
****I absolutely implore you NOT TO USE

So, I will do my best to explain why my experience with TOPCV has been nothing but a horrible experience and in turn, I hope others can learn from my experience from the CON Artists that be TOPCV.

Like everyone else i was really taken by their CV Scanner/critique tool and felt they would be the right company to redo my CV. Like everyone else, I read through their reviews, some very bad (I wish I took the hint from that) but mainly decent/good. I Paid my money in good faith and got through the standard blitz of automated email saying 'thanks for your business' and 'you will shortly get a writer for your CV etc' I waited, and waited and waited some more, no writer was assigned and no CV, after 14 plus business days and me chasing up, i got a writer assigned, he sent me over a draft and my goodness, the writer literally found a CV online and copied and pasted my details into the template. MY CV includes skills and jobs I have never had or done, it was written so robotically its unreal. I asked for a refund and i am still waiting. (IF FOR SOME REASON YOU ARE STILL THINKING OF USING TOPCV, READ THEIR TERMS, IT BASICALLY SAYS THAT AT ANY POINT YOU CANT GET A REFUND). Even after the revisions they are still getting the most basic facts wrong on my CV

I am only writing this as I wish I read something similar to this before using TOPCV, dont do it! Take your time and rewrite your own CV, save your money and dont get ripped off.
jayw154
2/21/19
Similar to many of the other reviews on here I see that it's either a full 5 star or a 1. I think I know which ones are genuine.
DO NOT send them any money. The CV I received was appalling in both layout, grammar and tone. Clearly written by someone overseas. The best bits where the parts copied and pasted from my original supposed "poor" CV.
No response to my request for full refund. You will not be able to send a recruiter anything they produce. Plus they took over a week to respond with just standard template emails to keep me waiting..
mikii
2/20/19
They do not ask very in depth your goals and your expectations. They write a super fast "default" CV, Linkedin or cover letter, basically something that whoever could do by himself for free.

Basically you become one of the million people with the same default CV, with no distinction point.
Moreover, the service is incredibly overpriced. Based on my experience I would have paid (for CV, Cletter, Linkedin) maximum 50, while it costed 200.

I asked for a refund, it was impossible. They just proposed another writer, but nothing changed.

Completely useless.

Tip for consumers: Stay away, it is super expensive and they do not deliver any customized service

allenc97
2/12/19
Paid £129 for CV and cover letter. Took them a week to respond. I thought the idea was that they helped you find work. They actually delayed my applications.
filipet2
1/30/19
The more I know about TopCV, the more it looks like a scam.

Starting with these customer reviews, I don't understand why most of them end up with 5 starts or only 1. How there aren't any reasonable satisfied customers? I would guess that 5 stars are fake and the 1 stars are people like me.

Starting with the CV review service which everybody can take because it's free, it came out with some interesting arguments. I wasn't that unhappy with my original CV and I was caught by surprise by so many negative comments about it. But giving the benefit of the doubt to the TopCV "professionals", I tried the most expensive CV writing service which guaranteed one of the top 10% writer who knows my work area.

I was very disappointed with the result as I explain below. So much, that I just gave up on making something out of it. But then I was invited to leave a review on this site and that's when I saw all the other negative reviews and everything started to make sense.

I'm not sure of what is happening back there but the CV Writing almost seems to be done automatically. The first step of the process is to collect more information through an online questionnaire and it felt like I was writing my own CV at that time. If I knew the best answers, I would already have a perfect CV. But, as I had a hard time to provide proper information, the CV came out very inconsistent and strange to say at least. English sentences were very hard to read and understand. And it also has a very old fashioned look.

After reading here some negative user reviews claiming TopCV to be a scam, I had the idea of submitting the CV written by TopCV to their own free CV Review service. Surprise! It came out with almost the same negative comments as my original one and they are completely different.

If the CV Review is an automated fake service giving all the same negative results, why not the writing itself as I suspect. Maybe not completely but don't expect much professional help from TopCV.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it as it looks like a scam

virginiec2
1/11/19
After being rather pleased with their free review, I opted to get my cv rewritten as I had not much spare time or energy to do so.
While I admit my cv was an improvement, my writer Chris was sloppy, had to constantly chase him. They state on their website it typically takes a week or two, NOPE, it took mine over 4 weeks!! They promise 2 revisions, Chris totally ignored me after the first revision, and customer service started ignoring me too. So I just ended up doing the final revision myself! Honestly, save your hard earned cash and use another company.
nickp157
12/28/18
I employed TopCV to write my resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile. To level of service given by the writer was basic to say the least with many errors and not the professional output I expected
saidas
11/15/18
Not happy at all and very disappointed by the customer service. Bad communication (don't expect a response the same day, I always had to wait the day after). My cv at the end was full of mistakes and does not reflect my abilities and competence. I would never recommend them. I paid £80 for almost nothing. What a shame TopCV:(
philipp107
9/25/18
Paid £99 for a CV after getting a free review, 4 weeks after paying, completing the questionnaire I had heard nothing. I chased and was told they never got it.. I asked why no one had been in touch to make me aware they were waiting/hadn't received anything. By this point I found a job and asked for a refund.. after weeks of chasing I got £49 back and was told there is a £50 cancellation fee.

Absolutely joke. Buyer beware.
abua
8/23/18
These people use unscrupulous practices. My banker described them as fraudulent. Why don't you provide refunds when so many people are disappointed with your services? This is a telling sign.

I signed up for them to take 3 monthly payments. They took 2 weeks to assign someone. In the meantime they snuck into my account and took two payments.

Then, they sent an inferior CV with many errors. There was a five year gap in employment.

I advised my bank to stop payments. My bank refunded two payments. I just noticed a new deduction. I ran to my bank. The manager informed me they are hiring a skip tracer to sneak into people's accounts. My banker said, "They are setting up these 3 monthly payments as a subscription."

A professional company has no problem offering refunds. Why? Because, they know the quality of their work won't require refunds.

What about TopCV?

They operate as TopCv and TopResume.

Beware of TopCV in Europe.
Beware of TopResume in America.

Beware *Beware * Beware

I posted this on TrustPilot. TopCv contacted them to censor it. Take a screenshot and share.

Hey TopCV crooks. Offer refunds if you're a truly reputable company.
mickym12
8/1/18
The first draft contained poor grammar and typos. The cover letter sounded so boastful it was unuseable. No refunds offered if you are dissatisfied with quality of work. Avoid.
jonathans261
7/17/18
I had ordered an update to my CV, as I have been using the same version for years and thought it needed an update. The quality of the draft was so poor that I didn't even bother sending it back with suggestions or otherwise attempt to discuss with the writer. It was a rushed, botched job, done by someone who had no understanding of my area of expertise.

Also, I paid for the 48 hours rush as I needed an updated CV for an interview. The CV was sent too late - after 48 hours - so that I couldn't send it on time and had to use my old CV. Given the appalling quality of the draft, I would not have been able to use it anyway.
peterz43
7/14/18
I purchased the executive package for £212 and paid up front in full. 1st draft was guaranteed within 48 hours or 2 business days. After 4 business days and several emails I still hadn't received anything. I have cancelled my order and I am currently waiting for a refund. I can't tell you if the quality of output would be any Good, but can warn you not to purchase the executive package!
colinh82
7/3/18
Keep your distance!!
I was allocated a CV writer who clearly knew nothing about my sector of work and produced two drafts that I could only describe as illegible. Nothing but a mad scramble of my own CV intended to be more punchy - but sadly lost any kind of meaning.
Complaints raised with my customer liaison officer led me to believe that I was writing to a BOT rather than a person.
Finally an hour with the customer service centre in South Africa before being passed over to the refund department.
My advice - do it yourself!
martino37
5/20/18
SCAM: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Terrible experience. I ordered their "executive" service and in reality they only scramble around what you feed them. The result is way worse that what I had in the first place, no matter how many drafts they send. They're NOT native english writers, in reality they just outsource it to someone from India. And forget about getting your money back without suing them.
angiem84
5/18/18
This is a scam. I did a better job doing my own cv. I am a process improvements expert and they changed my words to make me sound like a strategy expert.

My friend in HR said she would reject my CV if I send her this format, it's too chaotic and recruiter has to hunt for information which no recruiter has time for.

I was told I will have an expert on Swiss German market, she obviously did not have any idea. Her CV writing skills were not only terrible, but not even catered to the Swiss market.

I'm so angry and disappointed for wasting my money on this company.
danielb443
5/9/18
Appalling cv review! They perverted every sentence in my original cv so that they changed the original meaning (sometimes to the opposite). They "invented" new skills for me while dropping the real ones! I am shocked by this "service". They must be trialed in a court. This scam can't just continue anymore!

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCV.co.uk