Review of ZipJob

New York City, NY 10002, US
team@zipjob.com

qings2
12/19/18

I do not recommend Zipjob if you already have a resume or know how to read and write. Zipjob's professional writers simply "create" resumes based on their standard template, using your existing resume, with absolutely no attention to your specific needs at all.

Here are a few learnings based on my experience.
1. Do not delivery on time. They advertise 4-6 days to first draft delivery. I heard nothing from them, until the 7th day, when I followed up.
2. They do not provide any creativity in writing to showcase your accomplishment, as their own ATS recommends. Their writers simply ignore all the recommendations as suggested by their own website.
3. If you already have a resume, they simply reformat it to their standard template as shown on their website.
4. The writer I was assigned wasn't even remotely familiar with the field I am in. He simply had no clue even the most standard acronyms used in the field. If you call in, they don't even try to assign someone else (have they even got another writer?)
5. Do not expect your writer to add style to writing. They either copy what you have provided or substitute it with the most mundane verbiage.
6. The most unacceptable part of the service is that upon delivery of the resume, they claim that it will go to ATS for screening. However, they do not share results with you whatsoever. The 1 line you will get is "your resume passed ATS". What the heck does that mean? They are not even willing to share results on keyword analysis and general summary based on the new resume.

Zipjob is a hoax for me. I would not recommend Zipjob if you already have a job and have some sense in your life. It's a waste of money!

Response from Zipjob S., ZipJob Representative
Hi Qing Starks,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the service.
We do not limit revisions so please reach out to us at support@zipjob.com if you would like your order reopened.
We see here that you thanked the writer and approved the final draft. I think there is some confusion on how the ATS works - please reach out to us at support@zipjob.com or 888-944-9929 and we will be happy to clarify.
samuelf26
7/11/17

Had the pleasure of working with Daniel. He really put in the time to crafting a good resume - I recommend this service to any job seeker not skilled at writing a resume.

chrisb367
4/17/17

This is an update to my original review that was very negative. I originally worked with an author that produced typos, copy/paste errors and portions of someone else's resume. Within two hours of posting that review I was contacted by one of the Co-Founders to make the situation right. They provided some suggested changes and also had another writer contact me with additional updates. I'm left feeling like the company truly cares about doing top tier work, but I experienced one bad apple. My advice to folks using the service is that if you are not happy with the work you receive, reach out to their support team. As a company they truly want to offer a great service.

georgee42
1/11/17

I work as a manager in the insurance sector. My wife and I recently made the decision to move to another city and I realized that my resume hadn't been updated in a while. Knowing the importance of a well written resume (and how difficult it is to write a concise one when you have so much experience), I figured I use ZipJob. Couldn't be happier with the result. Highly recommend this service to anyone applying for jobs.

staceyg23
1/9/17

I've tried a few resume writing services. Usually, you send it in and don't hear anything until it arrives in your email a week later. Zipjob has a really good system for stying in touch with the writers!

monicah36
1/7/17

My resume hadnt been updated in over a decade. Lisa took her time and Im really happy with my resume and cover letter. Thank you

lauram228
1/5/17

I really enjoyed working with my writer Brandon. It took a few revisions but I was really pleased with the final product. Let's see how long it takes to land a job now ;)

Hi Tesa, Thanks for reaching out! After you purchase a package you'll be asked a few questions and matched with a writer. After you're matched with your writer, you will have access to message them and collaborate on your resume. If you need anymore assistance, please reach out to us at team@zipjob.com

By Michael K., ZipJob Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ZipJob staff and other customers.

ZipJob?