Review of TopCV.co.uk

Tel: +1-800-352-5267
support@topcv.co.uk

danc224
3/27/18

Very responsive ! I sent the CV in the evening and the evaluation was waiting for me in the morning ! Thank you !

salema7
3/17/18

My review of TOPCV

My overall experience was poor. I was very impressed by John's initial assessment of my CV. I immediately felt like I needed his service. I looked at the prices and could not afford the cost. I asked for a discount which you guys gave me but little did I know that the discount also took away the cover letter option. I was given a different package, not a discount.

I also find out that the person who assessed my CV is not the person who's writing to improve it, which created a discrepancy in what I expected and what I eventually got. Also, there's no mention of how long you take until after the purchase. I assumed it would be fast, as John assessed my portfolio within a day. Instead, you offer upsells right after the purchase. I got the CV too late as I had to apply within five days.

vd29
3/17/18
• Updated review

Now informed that all sales are final and there are no refunds! Being referred to writer #3. Have wasted one month culminating with poor results.. Anyone reading this please note and avoid this service. Or seek legal advice if you are in my predicament..

“Not fit for purpose service..”
3/8/18
• Previous review

Having availed of this service and receiving poor results after a second re-write, I would advise anyone to avoid this service at all cost. My revamped CV consisted of a dump of superlatives with no reference to my actual job role.. It focused on secondary tasks as ACHIEVEMENTS! Used ridiculous phrases such as "spearheaded a project".. Its supposed to be collaborative but there is a poor reaction to your feedback .. I literally spent hours constructing an email to explain my job role only to have excerpts of this inserted into the revised cv and fluffed up with more superlatives.. PLEASE AVOID.. My TOPCV is not fit for purpose and worthy of the Trash can. Requested a refund as currently unemployed!

anamarijam1
3/16/18

Company / website is legit, service they have provided was top class - pleasant communication, fast and professional feedback, and result for me was great. I had received recommendation for using their services, and I have now given recommendations to others for using their services.

annak193
3/15/18

Great oppurtunity and so kind stuff! Thank you so much for your time and good service. Wish all the best to TopCV, :)

ahmedm89
3/10/18

They did Good evaluation for the CV with good recommendations which was very helpful i will update the CV accordingly and may submit again for another evaluation

karlc34
3/9/18

Avoid using this company - 1st draft I asked if it was done by software or a non English speaker. 2nd draft removed any achievements I'd made in my career.
After 2 weeks arguments they admitted the writer was not capable & would only give back 75% of my money! Awful people to deal with!

kyriacoss
3/6/18

They provided a thorough and detailed feedback and suggestions with regards to my CV. Please with the service and will surely recommend.

dianas151
3/6/18

Such a bad service and I deeply regret trying to use them. I was really frustrated by my CV as I seemed to attract the wrong sorts of positions and wanted a fresh take. The CV they produced for me was hideously ugly and completely inappropriate. Large parts of it made no sense and did not seem to be written by a native English speaker. The cover letter was hilarious - I used to hire people in my previous position and if I received something like that I would have instantly deleted it. Do not use, do not waste your money. I'm sure there are decent CV writers out there. These people are not them.

jonc111
2/27/18

The CV I received back from TopCV made no sense at all, lots of big words that appeared to have been pulled from a thesaurus. Layout was a mess, and sentences didn't make sense. The reviewer clearly didn't understand my industry- confusing grants received for profits (I work in an academic setting). The received CV made no sense to myself or anyone else who I showed it too

andreww214
2/26/18

I was surprised at the at the speed at which the review was done and more importantly the feedback, which was on point. It has really helped me to do some introspection on my approach to CV preparation. It was objective and forward thinking and I would recommend this service to anyone seeking employment.

jasonm302
2/25/18

Do not use this service. I was in agreement that my CV needed some work and some of the issues raised in the critique seemed to make sense.

I paid for the most expensive package but was not overly happy with what I received. I did not like the style nor the presentation used but I trusted to the "experts". The wording did not flow, it seemed like a second-language speaker had taken a thesaurus to put in some big words.

Bizarrely, certain industry-specific key concepts were totally wrong - Customer Due Diligence (CDD) became Complex Capital Delivery (CCD). Not even close!

What I further cannot accept is that when I ran the "new" CV through their own ATS it scored exactly the same and "required a rewrite".

I have also ran it through various other ATS systems and it has not passed any. Accordingly, it was not "formatted for success - Formatting that will get an employer's attention" nor was it "Keyword optimised - Your CV will be optimised to pass through Applicant Tracking Systems".

I demanded a refund but i was told it would cost me $50 - so clearly they are not based in UK. Do not use this service!!!

errolb16
2/24/18

Big promises, two deadlines missed and standard message response s when you try to get in touch for an explanation of what's going on. Mattered made worst by fact that whilst waiting I've missed opportunities to apply for key roles.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them.

aleksandara2
2/23/18

I took advantage of the promotional option TopCV had to have my CV evaluated by a professional for FREE (which was great), since I've been on the market for a long time now and have not been successful at all to get any interviews. I was feeling confident of my CV, but clearly something was wrong. The reply I got from them was very specific and detailed, it really looked like they put in a lot of thought to review my CV, and had done so from multiple angles. I feel the feedback I got was very critical, but also necessary. All the points are very accurate and I now know what I need to change in order to make it better. I do however believe that I will likely end up using one of their paid services, as at this point (after 8 months on the market), I really feel that it's going to be worth the money.

andoym
2/16/18

Feb 16 2018
Selected the Executive Package for £219.
Full of promises absolutely no delivery, not even the CV within the 48 hours as stated.
No phone calls or consultation to discuss your focus and key attributes or even career ideals.
You get assigned a CV consultant who doesn't communicate just sends you a standard scripted email.
All very very cold service, absolute waste of time and money
There is NO REFUND policy or any attempts to address your concerns, the support people pass you to the CV Consultant who just sends out standard system generated emails.
All for £219!!!
Crooked Service

rj187
2/15/18

I opted for the top package and got 1 of 3 services I had paid for. I feel conned. I have been offered a small partial refund but they are still refusing to fulfil what they sold to me.

rivas4
2/14/18

Took me a while to write my CV, after lots of research. Then Topcv take a look at it,..jaw dropping,..they're not merely giving inputs on the content but also the look, how it adapt with search software etc...Thank you!

yuriyv4
2/14/18

I am grateful to the Ladies of TopCV for their customer-oriented approach, fast and profound review of my CV, highlighting its advantages and disadvantages as well as providing useful advice on how to improve it to make more appealing and outstanding.

fahrudinm
2/13/18

First, they answered me really quickly. I asked a few questions after that first review. The answer that followed was concise again, and it gave the full picture of the puzzle. After a few days of neglecting, and a one more correspondence between us, now the insights has grown like a beautiful fruits tree. And it will give more in the near future. Thanks. With all my possible love to the crue of the TOP CV.

jackiet45
2/12/18

I submitted my CV on Friday evening and had a response the next day so I was impressed by that alone. The comments were helpful and informative and gave me tips to improve specific aspects of my CV. For a completely FREE service, you can't go wrong. I took the advice I was given and spent the whole weekend re-designing my CV and updating it. It was extremely helpful to see my CV in a new light.

mouhcenb
2/2/18

I think that you can count on TopCV for giving you a realistic, useful and a valuable review for your CV.

yasern
2/1/18

Reflected what i wanted to see in my CV

My CV Project was acheived in time.

And expert work has been done

tonyd110
1/25/18

I was initially sceptical but following the free review feedback I could see what they said was a honest objective critique of my existing CV.

The revised CV has exceeded my expectations and I am already seeing the benefits with more interviews.

goranc1
1/19/18

I received great and highly professional service within time promised. My CV now looks much better, along with Linkedin view. Their guidance and remarks were very much to the point.

tomislavg
1/19/18

They really really really did help even with the free review you recieve from them. It costs you nothing, not even your time except the one second you need to click to send them your CV for a review. Do it and you'll benefit loads!

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M., TopCV.co.uk Representative

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

5 Photos for TopCV.co.uk