Review of TopCV.co.uk

Tel: +1-800-352-5267
support@topcv.co.uk

jordanj46
3/13/19

Very in-depth response and was extremely helpful in helping me recreate my CV. I was even told what exactly i could do to improve. They also run your CV through an automated system used by companies

othmanic
3/6/19

i really appreciate your suggestions i will with no doubt take them into consideration. Thank you for helping us better our selves

jayw154
2/21/19

Similar to many of the other reviews on here I see that it's either a full 5 star or a 1. I think I know which ones are genuine.
DO NOT send them any money. The CV I received was appalling in both layout, grammar and tone. Clearly written by someone overseas. The best bits where the parts copied and pasted from my original supposed "poor" CV.
No response to my request for full refund. You will not be able to send a recruiter anything they produce. Plus they took over a week to respond with just standard template emails to keep me waiting..

mikii
2/20/19

They do not ask very in depth your goals and your expectations. They write a super fast "default" CV, Linkedin or cover letter, basically something that whoever could do by himself for free.

Basically you become one of the million people with the same default CV, with no distinction point.
Moreover, the service is incredibly overpriced. Based on my experience I would have paid (for CV, Cletter, Linkedin) maximum 50, while it costed 200.

I asked for a refund, it was impossible. They just proposed another writer, but nothing changed.

Completely useless.

Tip for consumers: Stay away, it is super expensive and they do not deliver any customized service

allenc97
2/12/19

Paid £129 for CV and cover letter. Took them a week to respond. I thought the idea was that they helped you find work. They actually delayed my applications.

kemalk1
2/6/19

When I applied to "TopCV.co.uk" web site to get help to correct my cv, I didn't believe in honestly to get a detailed report quickly. When I read through this report I was really surprised. They are really good at their jobs. I am really impressed and enjoyed. Thank you so much for this experience.

valeriom4
2/6/19

TopCV is a very usefull services. Its review of my CV was clear and complete. The review have language, content and layout ad subjects, and it was very helpfull to improve my CV.

Tip for consumers: Follow its review

filipet2
1/30/19

The more I know about TopCV, the more it looks like a scam.

Starting with these customer reviews, I don't understand why most of them end up with 5 starts or only 1. How there aren't any reasonable satisfied customers? I would guess that 5 stars are fake and the 1 stars are people like me.

Starting with the CV review service which everybody can take because it's free, it came out with some interesting arguments. I wasn't that unhappy with my original CV and I was caught by surprise by so many negative comments about it. But giving the benefit of the doubt to the TopCV "professionals", I tried the most expensive CV writing service which guaranteed one of the top 10% writer who knows my work area.

I was very disappointed with the result as I explain below. So much, that I just gave up on making something out of it. But then I was invited to leave a review on this site and that's when I saw all the other negative reviews and everything started to make sense.

I'm not sure of what is happening back there but the CV Writing almost seems to be done automatically. The first step of the process is to collect more information through an online questionnaire and it felt like I was writing my own CV at that time. If I knew the best answers, I would already have a perfect CV. But, as I had a hard time to provide proper information, the CV came out very inconsistent and strange to say at least. English sentences were very hard to read and understand. And it also has a very old fashioned look.

After reading here some negative user reviews claiming TopCV to be a scam, I had the idea of submitting the CV written by TopCV to their own free CV Review service. Surprise! It came out with almost the same negative comments as my original one and they are completely different.

If the CV Review is an automated fake service giving all the same negative results, why not the writing itself as I suspect. Maybe not completely but don't expect much professional help from TopCV.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it as it looks like a scam

grahamh79
1/17/19

I started a sceptic, but their analysis of my existing CV reflected a lot of feedback I had received from others. They were very efficient explaining the methodology behind their approach. The work was turned around quickly and the first draft was 90% right. With one more revision we were there in just a week! This a great service and great value for money.

jayneyg
1/17/19

Excellent service, quick and kept me updated throughout the process. My Top CV writer, Devon, was great and my new CV has already secured me 5 job interviews and 1 offer so far for a job I thought I would never stand a chance of securing an interview for. I was concerned as I'd read some poor reviews of Top CV, but I can honestly say my experience has been very positive and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

seanm444
1/12/19

Hello there,when i was first contacted by Katie Warren regarding this i was beginning to think the CV needed updating both in style and format as it was nearly 25 years since i had done this and despite adding on bits and pieces it never looked professional.
Well you guys did a superb job on it and it is starting to get noticed and even interviews are now slowly coming.It has not been universally sucessful with some major employers rejecting applications.However i now have more confidence in it and time will tell if it helps me.get that dream position in flight operations.
So thanks again Top CV and if asked i would not hesitate to recommend your service to others.

virginiec2
1/11/19

After being rather pleased with their free review, I opted to get my cv rewritten as I had not much spare time or energy to do so.
While I admit my cv was an improvement, my writer Chris was sloppy, had to constantly chase him. They state on their website it typically takes a week or two, NOPE, it took mine over 4 weeks!! They promise 2 revisions, Chris totally ignored me after the first revision, and customer service started ignoring me too. So I just ended up doing the final revision myself! Honestly, save your hard earned cash and use another company.

elenit5
1/7/19

First they reviewed my CV for free and their well aimed comments made me realise that i needed their help and quidance.
During the writing process of my new CV i enjoyed great services, including thorough explanation of the issues that needed to be changed, good cooperation, feedback and advices.
I strongly recommend TopCV for the offered services and professionalism.

ahmeda259
1/4/19

TopCV is real !!, They review your CV for free, they're professionals and kind, I appreciate their help.
Aa

nickp157
12/28/18

I employed TopCV to write my resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile. To level of service given by the writer was basic to say the least with many errors and not the professional output I expected

alisont62
12/11/18

Extremely pleased with the detail of the feedback given and advice on which areas require improvement. And this all for free!! I'll rework my CV if still no joy then I'll consider paying for a re-write.

herschneiderp
12/9/18

The review helped a lot, thank you so much...looking forward to get a sample of a well written CV so that I get a clear idea.thank u again

nicholasg74
12/8/18

I thought my CV was the Dogs Dooda's , until I came across this service and I thought Hey what have I got to lose .
I thought they were bound to complement me on my personal CV.
HOW WRONGWAS I
They basically destroyed it and its the best thing that they could have done as i have now shown their criticisms and advice to family and friends and they all agree word for word with Jenna's findings.
So took the advice I was given and totally started again from scratch employing all the advice i was given.
Would definitely recommend this CV checker to every one looking for a new job or career irrelevant of who's written your CV , unless its Jenna of course .

borism40
12/8/18

I want to recommend TopCV.co.uk for great professionalism! I thought my CV was fine, but Katie gave me a very detailed explanation of the wrong parts and she told me what to correct. I recommend everyone to consult with this team.

antonyt12
12/8/18

It was a wonderful criticism that I got about my CV. Mostly many do not reply unless I take a paid service but they took out time and went through it minutely and gave a feedback about the contents in my CV and how to improve it on a free hand service and let it to me to decide whether to get my CV done unlike most companies which tries to bank on our ignorance.

iant84
11/27/18

I was very happy with the level of customer service and professionalism that I was subjected to.I am happy with the suggestions made regarding my CV and the WIP copy is certainly looking very good.

saidas
11/15/18

Not happy at all and very disappointed by the customer service. Bad communication (don't expect a response the same day, I always had to wait the day after). My cv at the end was full of mistakes and does not reflect my abilities and competence. I would never recommend them. I paid £80 for almost nothing. What a shame TopCV:(

petrd2
10/11/18

Very good experience with the service of TopCV.
Professional approach, fast reaction and clarity in communication.
First positive reaction to CV upgrade.

aisham20
10/11/18

TopCv is good, they are honest and straight to the point about where you need to improve on your CV, thank you for the free CV review, thanks for the great ideas on how to improve my CV, yes I would definitely recommend TopCv to anyone in need of CV review and rebranding.
Thanks again, keep up the good work .

philipp107
9/25/18

Paid £99 for a CV after getting a free review, 4 weeks after paying, completing the questionnaire I had heard nothing. I chased and was told they never got it.. I asked why no one had been in touch to make me aware they were waiting/hadn't received anything. By this point I found a job and asked for a refund.. after weeks of chasing I got £49 back and was told there is a £50 cancellation fee.

Absolutely joke. Buyer beware.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M., TopCV.co.uk Representative

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

5 Photos for TopCV.co.uk