Review of TopCV.co.uk

Tel: +1-800-352-5267
support@topcv.co.uk

susanc718
5/24/19
I used the free service and came away with loads of valuable tips and tricks. I have had many people offer advice on my cv and to be honest Topcv.co.uk was the best. The look pf my cv was "uneven" something I can change. The use of language was passive my tasks showed a was a do-er rather than an "acheiver". Honestly it makes you see your cv in a really objective way. They put your cv through recruitment software (Applicant Tracking System i think it is called) used by Employers which scans it for buzz words etc and is used to filter out applicants from the recruitment process. I had been told about this few years ago but this service utilises it for you. Pretty cool. So I have the knowledge of whats needed to get my cv to stand out. All for free. If my attempts at fixing it fail it would be a service i would be happy to pay for.
mariusz1
5/23/19
Overview of my resume was excellent. Short and simple explanations for improvement, with samples attached. As CV has to "pass" HR manager first, it has to be easy for HR use. So good job! And thanks to Jenna!
ahmedm122
5/22/19
I enjoyed viewing my CV from another point of view and I enjoyed the challenge to make it more appealing, my advisors advice was helpful but some comments I didn't fully understand.
santoshb7
5/21/19
SCAM ALERT!!! SCAM ALERT!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

TOPCV should be ashamed of themselves and should be reported to relevant authorities for being a scam.

They don't have a clue what they are doing. There are no expert CV writers involved.
They just formatted my CV to look different and took away all relevant details and added irrelevant ones which I have never done in my career. The writer had no idea what they were doing and it was clear they don't have any expertise in CV writing.

They share an ATS software outcome on your older CV and make you aware of the shortcomings so that you buy their package. I asked them to run the ATS on my new CV made by themselves. This ATS outcome of the new CV was far worse than the older CV's. It showed me to have 10 years less experience than I actually did. The ATS outcome from my older CV was far better and more relevant than the new one as far as my role, work experience, expertise was concerned. They actually made my CV absolutely worse than before.

I have emails to prove my claims.

I won't write any individual names because in all probability, considering the way they conduct business(if you can call it that), the names are fake too.

The new CV removed all relevant and useful details and just added few difficult to read sentences in English. That's all they did.

Stay away. TOPCV doesn't know what they are doing. They are a useless scamming company and cheats with fake claims.

We trust them to make our CV better to enhance our career prospects and pay them our hard earned money but they have no idea what they are doing and make the outcome worse. I was so looking forward to a better version of my CV but all that has just gone down the drain.

The cover letter is no good either. My older cover letter was far better than what generic letter they provided to me. Money wasted.

If you want to get cheated go buy their packages. Else find another better service.
They are a scam and should be out of business. They have no right to run these services.

I am also surprised by how any negative review of TOPCV on any website has immediately been overridden by several short positive reviews on top.
grahamd35
5/15/19
Very quick professional service that hits the spot. Well Done. Made me look really not that bad on paper.
paulb1117
5/9/19
The feedback that I got back on my CV was excellent. It was very constructive and was in a language that I could understand. I also got positive comments back which was good as others have only given negative. I'd recommend TopCV :)
asandag
5/9/19
Great pointers, it allowed me to reflect on my skills, experience & how to put them into words to make my CV stand out from the rest.
marcod52
5/7/19
I have been impressed by the professional outcome of my CV by the TopCV experts. It went beyond my expectations. I truly recommend it
fredp116
5/3/19
I initially thought that TopCV would be some kind of automated, pointless service.
I was pleasantly surprised.
My CV was reviewed in a helpful and organised fashion, and key downsides were pointed out in a very (brutally) honest review!
I personally appreciate that honesty. It means that I know what I have to work on, as opposed to feeling satisfied and comfortable with my CV, which could have done me a great disservice later!
carlottam2
5/3/19
I genuinely appreciated the feedback they provided on my CV, they were honest and to the point, with practical tips to improve many aspects of my writing. I was very satisfied with the service!
lienb
5/3/19
It cost me nothing to have a very detail and full picture of my CV, which made me to realize my wrong perception in what i wrote
joshc180
5/3/19
When I received my email regarding my cv being reviewed I was stunned by how in depth they went with helping me improve different parts of my cv to make me stand out to employers. This has really helped me and I highly recommend usingTopCV!
jodieh46
5/3/19
Had great advice for my cv. Very helpful not pushy and I've got myself a job! Great result would highly recommend
olivers89
5/3/19
Thank you so much, guys! The review was very, very helpful and is extremely useful for my later career!
josephl339
5/1/19
****I absolutely implore you NOT TO USE

So, I will do my best to explain why my experience with TOPCV has been nothing but a horrible experience and in turn, I hope others can learn from my experience from the CON Artists that be TOPCV.

Like everyone else i was really taken by their CV Scanner/critique tool and felt they would be the right company to redo my CV. Like everyone else, I read through their reviews, some very bad (I wish I took the hint from that) but mainly decent/good. I Paid my money in good faith and got through the standard blitz of automated email saying 'thanks for your business' and 'you will shortly get a writer for your CV etc' I waited, and waited and waited some more, no writer was assigned and no CV, after 14 plus business days and me chasing up, i got a writer assigned, he sent me over a draft and my goodness, the writer literally found a CV online and copied and pasted my details into the template. MY CV includes skills and jobs I have never had or done, it was written so robotically its unreal. I asked for a refund and i am still waiting. (IF FOR SOME REASON YOU ARE STILL THINKING OF USING TOPCV, READ THEIR TERMS, IT BASICALLY SAYS THAT AT ANY POINT YOU CANT GET A REFUND). Even after the revisions they are still getting the most basic facts wrong on my CV

I am only writing this as I wish I read something similar to this before using TOPCV, dont do it! Take your time and rewrite your own CV, save your money and dont get ripped off.
sanchitb
5/1/19
The topcv had given me opportunity to improve my resume for betterment of future.
Each and every aspect gives favour in my opinion thank you once again.
liams50
4/30/19
TopCV as managed to help give me key points in my CV that I could either work on or change to a more professional approach. Furthermore, they have also help to enhance my use of vocabulary when writing a CV and understanding of what employers are expecting to read from the CV
muzahiduli1
4/30/19
They did review my CV nicely. It will help me to enhance my CV as well as career as I will reach my goal. Their CV analysis is awesome. My CV reviewed with detail by TopCV. Their review made my CV more acceptable. Everyone can ask anything about their CV to TopCV without hesitation. They found some mistakes on my CV and provided some important interaction to fix these problems, this is important to make a CV more acceptable. A good review could play a vital role in career, a little bit mistake makes the CV inappropriate as well as unacceptable.
muhammadk38
4/30/19
Really some excellent tips to strengthen my CV. Enlightening!
93% of all Hiring Managers use CV scanning software called applicant tracking systems (ATS) to filter candidates from the application pool. To illustrate how I stand up to the automation, they passed my CV through the very same software that Hiring Managers use to filter the real talent from the hundreds, sometimes thousands, of candidates that apply for a single open position.
The raw data, got pulled directly from my cv and showed me where the ATS thinks I fit.
marijusc
4/11/19
By using specialists and scanning sofware, TopCV can improve your chances to receive interview opportunity much sooner.
nicolas55
4/7/19
I had been using my old CV on an online job site and received an email from Jenna at TopCV explaining that I could send my CV to her and she would review it. I was 100% sceptical but desperate, so I uploaded it and was amazed to get an extremely useful review back the next day. It looked so professional that I thought it was a generic review at first but I realised that my own words and phrases were quoted and I then took it as a serious aid and followed Jenna's advice to completely transform my CV into a much improved version. I was then able to upload my CV and a potential employer had already noted that it is excellent. It is helping me to sell myself effectively to the right employers.
I was then offered a check of my new version for a fee but I didn't feel that I needed to do that. I've recommended the service to my boyfriend because he is looking for a job over 65k and I can see from Jenna's advice that he could improve it with support.
Overall, the CV review was unexpectedly useful.
binht7
4/7/19
The review had many good comments and pointed out weaknesses and flaws I never thought of. For a free CV review, it is a mistake not to try them!
maureenn33
4/5/19
The review offered was objective and specific to my situation. It provided actionable points that I was aware of but could not find a clear way to rectify. I have used to make the necessary changes and hope for the best in the future.
kimf176
4/5/19
I thought my CV was great until I had it critiqued. When I read the report it made sense as to where I had gone wrong. I took on board the suggestions and now it is much more professional. I only used the free service but that was helpful.
richardd537
4/5/19
I can only comment on my own experience with my quite out of date CV; I received a free critique with options to purchase additional services--which I didn't take up. The critique made some strong points that my tone and use of voice weren't the best way to present myself. Because of this I rewrote my resume myself, fixing all the issues that I could.
All in all I am happy with the CV review itself.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCV.co.uk