Review of TopCV.co.uk

Tel: +1-800-352-5267
support@topcv.co.uk

roberta1060
11/19/19
Came back with a lot of useful information regarding my CV and all at no cost, will seriously consider having a professional look over my CV as it will open up further opportunities for me that have to date been denied me
leew374
11/18/19
Sent my CV for review, however I was a little sceptical of such services. The feedback though was pretty good and I could see where they were coming from on most points noted.
quynhl1
10/4/19
Absolutely appalling. The sales pitch is a stark difference to the actual delivered product. The CV created was even worse than my previous one! They have zero experience in your industry as they claim and use stock standard cv templates written by people with poor English skills. I asked to be downgraded to the lowest plan (which is far too expensive for the quality of the premium product) as a compromise, and have limited response except to threaten me with collection agencies.
End result - lost a lot of money, did not receive the product I paid for. Extremely rude and threatening final email from them. Absolute scam.
nl86
10/1/19
Amazing insights - very helpful in one's professional development. Thank you!
stuarts105
9/29/19
What an awful experience! !.. How could I be so stupid to part with money for this scam!.. I wish I had read the reviews on here first.
I wanted a fresh pair of 'expert' eyes to look at my CV as I hadn't updated the format for a while and wanted it more edited and stronger. The first draft came and straight away realised this company wasn't legitimate, It was shocking!..
TOPCV promise to match with an expert writer in your 'region' and with experience in your industry. This is complete rubbish. My writer was obviously in the U.S. and I am in the U.K. and he obviously had no experience in my industry, not to mention al the grammatical errors and bad sentence structure. I asked to change writer but asked them to confirm that they can fullfuill their promise of a match in my region and industry but they never answered this.. I then asked for a refund.. which they refused. I eventually got half money back which I realise from reading other reviews on here that this was a result as most seem to get nothing back. They are only interested in taking your money..
Please don't fall for this scam. They are taking advantage of good people that only want to better themselves by having a stronger CV.. TOPCV are not capable of doing this for you.
The good reviews on here are ridiculous and obviously fake. If you keep scrolling down you see many more reviews like mine.
rishiv3
9/22/19
Absolutely disappointed with the Top CV UK. They made two drafts of my CV from two different writers, supposedly the best suited for drafting my CV. Both drafts lacked content, had gramitical errors and not to mention the choice of language was extremely poor. They also refused to refund the amount point blank and left the project undone.
Noticed they use standard template and add a few key words for softwares to pick. Unbelievably, bad job and extremely frustrating experience. Rishi Vig Group CFO, UAE.
kristiani
9/21/19
mohammadi17
9/20/19
The initial feedback on my CV was A grade. However, felt the download was not given properly to the CV writer who has a half baked information on what currently i do & what i want to achieve with this new look CV. Hope the second draft is as per my expectation.
abdula76
9/18/19
I AM LOOKING FOR A SUITABLE POSITION THAT CAN OFFER ME NEW EXPERIENCES AND GROWTH POTENTIAL TO UTILIZE AND EXPAND MY INTERPERSONAL, TECHNICAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS. ALSO TO GAIN EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE IN THE SPECIFIC FIELD AND CAPABILITIES BY BEING PRODUCTIVE FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND THE SOCIETY.
mandim19
9/17/19
I recently asked TopCV to rewrite my resume, not because I cannot, but because my career has taken various paths that do not come together well on paper. I needed the fresh eyes of someone who does not know me, to create a profile that makes sense and shows a path through 20 years' worth of career.

I received back a CV very similar to the one I handed over to them originally (which was not the point!), except the new one had tonnes of flowery adjectives' all thrown together in sentences that didn't really say anything at all. I was an English teacher, so grammar, spelling and basic construction of sentences is important to me. Sentences such as Excel at resolving employer challenges with innovative solutions, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction, and the bottom line,' does not really mean anything and was not what I was looking for! Perhaps they meant to say that I am particularly gifted at paying attention to budget constraints and efficient at finding solutions that are cost effective? Another good example would be: Provide support and assistance in hiring capable candidates and delivering training to new employees in order to enhance organisational skills and productivity.' I work with engineers; no amount of induction training would result in their suddenly acquiring organisational skills! But, by far the best was this little diamond; Headed the health & safety committee and developed policies and procedures to prevent possible injuries, illness, and contamination from improper hygiene', what on earth does Headed' mean? There were so many glaring errors and it was clear to me that sentences were simply cut and pasted and I do not believe that the person who wrote my CV ever read my original or paid attention to my comments and requests.

I was very unhappy with my first draft and said as much, I started out marking it up with red and then decided there was more marking up than actual text, so I changed my CV to make it a little bit easier for them and re-submitted it, with point by point comments on every paragraph. I was most unimpressed to re-receive my first draft with no changes at all back again a week later! By now, I had been messed about for 2 weeks and some of the opportunities I was interested in, were expired.
I did get in touch with TopCV and after a conversation where I laid out my irritations and asked for a refund, was told via email that I will only be refunded a small percentage of what I paid! I am beyond annoyed at this company, because anybody, no matter how intellectually challenged could take one look at the CV presented to me, twice, and know that there would be no way that I could present that CV to any prospective employer. Do not trust this company with your CV, you really would do a lot better to write out your own.

Having looked on this site, I now see there are many others with exactly the same experience as myself. I am preparing the documentation to take this company to small claims court so that I get all my money refunded. It is the easiest court process, costs very little and will ensure they do not continue to get away with bad refund behaviour. At the end of the day they are stealing your hard earned money so please take action!
juliac175
9/9/19
All the comments and description of corrections needed to be done were 100% true and useful. Before i was thinking that i've worked enough on my CV and surprised that nobody appreciated, but after i sow the feedback from TopCV i realised that my CV really undersells me.
Very clear and effective service!
markoi6
9/9/19
An excellent review, pointing out every single weakness, even the type of language, and it is free of charge. What more can you ask for? A, yes, they show you a graph with the industries, where it is most probable to qualify, based on the automatical job candidate selection engines!!!
muhammadm54
7/23/19
The cv review was quite honest and it made me think that I had to change my cv and include those aspects which were recomended in review. I would like to pay gratitude towards the top.cv team and wish great endeavours in future. Thanks.
kohl3
7/23/19
This is excellent. Not only are the reviews fast, they offer sound advice on how to improve and enhance your current CV, which is all done free of charge !

I appreciates the time and effort taken to review and even offers areas to improve on even though I am not a paying customer. Advices given are also straight to the point.

The advices has helped tremendously and has helped me discover the flaws and improvement areas of my CV. These will definitely help increase my chance of employment.

Highly reccomend especially if you are a fresh graduate who has no idea how to write or improve on your CV.
andrewz58
7/15/19
While applying for another job I got a notification that my CV may be checked by professionals completely for free. "What a scam" I thought to myself however decided to give it a try, as I wasn't obliged to give any of my confidential information or credit card numbers. I was surprised when after several days I got an email with an extensive analysis prepared by TopCV employee with suggestions on what may be improved. Needles to say, majority of the recommendations were relative and I decided to apply them in my CV. I would recommend at least to give it a try and then decide on your own if you would like to get more details regarding improvement of your CV for some fee.
muzammils1
7/7/19
It had been very helpful to get the honest in-depth insight review of my CV.
Although I cannot afford to subscribe or pay at this moment to professionally rewrite my CV from experts.

I never ever thought from this point of view while making my CV altogether it was made in an old fashioned format last decade.

It's time to change and make a new one.

Thank you so much for your service.

Regards
ramziy
6/18/19
Within less than 24 hours after submitting my resume, I have received a full critique pointing out my weaknesses and how to avoid the pitfalls when sending my resume to employers.
I highly recommend it for experienced professionals who are struggling to find their dream job.
walem1
6/12/19
After the critical and detailed review on my CV, I feel confident about myself, i am sure if i give it a shot i will be able to catch employers attention. High recommended.
victom
6/9/19
The feedback on my resume was tailored to my profession and I was honestly impressed. I wasn't expecting a review at all, and when I did receive one, I thought it would be a templated copy pasted one.
alpb2
6/7/19
The feedback provided helped me understand where my CV could be improved and was given quickly. Also, their review was free, however, would not pay to get CV re-written. Best to just take their advice and re-write it yourself in my opinion.
michaelt684
6/6/19
Would recommend TopCV as they really helped me by pointing out a few basic things to improve my CV as I look for new opportunities for the first time in twenty years.
olatundes
5/31/19
The observations pointed out by Katie after reviewing my CV are very revealing and insightful. I agree with each one of them and the ways to improve. You guys are really good at what you do.
ahmeda290
5/31/19
The feedback was professional and really helpful. Your are doing great job guys,

Ahmed Al-Kinani
mo59
5/28/19
I thought my CV was excellent until I ran it by you guys. The feedback was professional and extremely helpful. Thank you, Jenna!
oscarp68
5/25/19
My CV critique was absolutely accurate because all the arguments presented had been told before by other colleges in my last company, the difference is that even though many people pointed out my mistakes, no one could tell me how to fix them. Thats TopCV job and since I have not (yet) hired their services, I can not give an opinion on that, nevertheless their advice and review of my CV was quite real and on point.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCV.co.uk