Review of TopCV.co.uk

Tel: +1-800-352-5267
support@topcv.co.uk

gyongyvers
6/3/17
I was very satisfied with the service provided. It was efficient. I think the price is quite good and I got my cv in less than 2 weeks. You get exactly what you pay for.
stephena55
6/1/17
Great work by a professional recruiter on my CV. My new CV and LinkedIn profile now stand out and are readable and compelling. Thank you.
garika2
6/1/17
I am very satisfied with the qualities of service and final products. The only missing point is the verbal communication with editor. I would suggest the company considers this option to include in the process of editing resumes.
Nevertheless, I strongly recommend CVnow if you need to edit your CV
ianw66
5/30/17
I found the whole process very easy to use and it was good to have dialogue with the Cvnow team. The covering letter and LinkedIn profile were also very helpful.
cs211
5/30/17
I used the service couple of months ago and after a week putting CV online I received calls after calls, interviews after interviews until finding my current job, since I have recommended the service to friends and relatives, the writer worked along with me to get best result,
gisellef3
5/30/17
Really positive experience. The CV gave me confidence without changing it so it didn't sound like me or alter my experience in any way. It's enabled me to go into the market place with a concise and well put together CV. If nothing else, it will give you confidence in what you've already done.
kevinm278
5/30/17
Very happy with CV that Andy came up with. Quick and very friendly. Andy was open to suggestions made after 1st draft
derekg29
5/28/17
Matthew, the writer for my CV did a very good job indeed, I'm very happy with the final product he produced!
sb212
5/28/17
Worst purchase experience in decades. On the online profile creation page, I uploaded my CV and three examples of new roles I was going for, as requested. It appears that even their best top 10% writers don't take the time to look at this. After complaining about the first writer, I requested a refund, but was given a second writer and only one actual CV revision! It has taken three weeks (instead of 48 hours) and the result is a complete disappointment and waste of time and money. The writers don't know how to read profiles or explanatory emails. It has been impossible to arrange a phone call to correct writer error, despite being willing to pay. And it has been impossible to get a refund.
Response from Jenna M., TopCV.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Thank you for reaching out and making us aware of the issues you've encountered. If you could please send us a direct message here or on our Facebook page with your full name and email address, a customer support rep will be in touch right away.
robertf191
5/26/17
Andrew my writer was very helpful and replied fairly quickly to any queries I had.he has made my cv simplier and smarter to read and will hopfully help me in getting a new job
mohammeda155
5/24/17
Through CVNow, I was able to make a tremendous change to my CV and I gained confidence in applying again for leadership positions.
paulm415
5/24/17
Only went for the basic package and to be honest felt like I was getting the basic service, took ages to even receive the first draft after placing the original order, when I did get it my CV stated I did things that I had no experience of doing and had to make amendments and correct a couple of spelling mistakes, 2nd draft was better so have to see if it generates interest.
Response from Jenna M., TopCV.co.uk Representative
Hi Paul, We appreciate you reaching out to let us know about the issues you encountered. We'd like to get this resolved! If you could please send us a direct message on our Facebook page with your full name and email address, a customer support rep will help right away.
alih64
5/23/17
Very nice and professional staff and the delievary was faster than I thought I recommend their service for anyone seeking professional support and ideas.
markm376
5/23/17
I don't usually write reviews however this time I thought it might be useful. I was skeptical that a CV re-write would work but in this case it seems to be a definite improvement. The process was simple and I was happy with the communications with CVNow. Obviously, there's no guarantee that it will work but my experience so far is that it does give my CV more impact.
colina16
5/22/17
Don't be fooled by the 1 star. That's only because sitejabber wont allow me to give it zero.

I purchased the Executive package from CVNOw with the promise that I would receive a CV structuring all my experience towards senior management positions. The first draft was received and I was appalled. The grammar was diabolical. The CV honestly looked as though it was either written by some software package or by a non-native english speaker. The only thing this is fit for is the shredder. It's a total con. STAY WELL AWAY
stevet127
5/16/17
Had a CV rewrite done by them then resubmitted some months later under another name and was basically told my CV was useless and they could do a better one . Money thieving rip off merchants. All the 5 star reviews of them are done by the company as well!
emilyd61
5/3/17
I signed up for the full service costing £219 to re write my CV, cover letter and Linkedin profile. The first draft was full of errors and was not reflective of my work experience or job title. I responded to the company to that affect and they apologised and offered to rewrite it. The second draft was slightly more improved but still a long way off. I suspected it was either written by a robot or an American and I now see this company are HQ'd in New York.

I will be reporting them to the Financial Ombudsman and to Secs in the City - somebody clearly hasn't done their background checks!

DO NOT SIGN UP.
joeg149
5/1/17
AVOID.
The free review of my CV was good and got me in. I have to say that the format they used for the first page of my CV is good and is what recruiters are looking for but...after that all downhill
The QUALITY of the writing is TERRIBLE. I believe it was either written by a machine or someone who did not spend enough time to understand the CV I sent them. Completely mixed up roles, projects and achievements.
Finally, by the end of this, I got the impression they just did not care.
Each draft was LATE and took 3 weeks to complete the entire exercise.
Like at said at the beginning, avoid this outfit at all costs. I gave them two stars for the format which I have built on myself.
zn6
4/23/17
An absolute joke of a company. Do not bother sending them your money. I paid for a CV re-write. The re-write I was given was filled with copy-pasted generic statements. It showed lack of insight, lack of knowledge and was very poorly written. Upon complaining, I was apparently given a more experienced writer. Again, I was not 100% satisfied but could not afford to waste any more time as I needed my CV in order to start applying for jobs. The website said that there was a 'no-fuss guarantee' for the service and also that if I didn't get an increase in interviews or call backs within 3 months I would be eligible for a re-write. Fast forward 2 months and despite continuous job hunting I had not received a call or an interview. I contacted CV Now and was told that it would be another month before I was eligible for a re-write. A month later I still did not have any success. I contacted them again. They tried everything they could think of to get out of giving me my re-write. I had to email with countless people. I had to fill out a questionnaire. etc. etc. I still have not received my re-write. What a joke. Do not waste your money or your time on this company. I can't understand how they are still in business. Terrible customer service.
jasonm232
3/28/17
CV Now make claims they can not or will not back up with hard evidence.

Having paid for an Executive CV, Cover Letter, Post Interview Thank You Letter and enhanced LinkedIn Profile I received error strewn, grammatically incorrect attempts at documents which contained blatant lies about my career history. The rest was nothing but poorly judged, on their part, cut and paste sections of my own efforts.

On asking for a refund they offered 50% or for another of their top 10% of their network writers to look at it.

I was understandably hesitant based on the dross I'd received, so I requested disclosure of the new writer's credentials as proof they were competent. I was refused any information.

Their mis-advertising has been reported to the appropriate authorities.

If you want a decent service and quality products, my advice is to use a different company! Do not use CV Now!!!
gilsons
3/17/17
Firstly, I would like to congratulate CVNOW by the CV rewriting.
The relevant information was catched up and my professional profile was presented with excellence, these both topics I was hardly trying to demonstrate to recruiters by myself.
I am very satisfied about my new CV, exactly as promised.
Everything was accurately captured what I was requesting.

Tip for consumers: Trust the skilled team of CVNOW. Let them know all the best you can do.

markh288
2/28/17
This is a very important document and CVNow are not suitable for doing this task. Very substandard for CV writing. I paid for their top tier service and couldn't help but laugh at what I got back. I'll now have to sit down and write it myself; however, if you're a junior looking for your first job - then their service would probably be fine.
alfredom29
1/31/17
My CV has a new appearance and structure. It was done very professional and very quickly. The professional cv writer assigned to re-write my cv was very nice and she has reflected on great manner all my work experience
virginiad17
1/29/17
Nicole B. from CVNow did an exellent work in rewritting my CV. Already from the first draft I learned how to present myself to new companies and recruiters. She not only rewrote the CV in a perfect way but also aroused my professioan ego that was a bit asleep! Congratulations CVNow
alicew64
12/29/16
horrible - waste of money and time. clearly has no experience!!!!!!
i am applying for a job in finance, and they deleted my degree grade information and alevel results.
What a bunch of crap

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCV.co.uk