Musikhaus Thomann e. K. reviews

international@thomann.de

32 reviews with 5 stars

pauls1225
8/20/19

After moving to Europe from the USA I lamented the loss of my favorite music gear company, Sweetwater. However, once I discovered Thomann I forgot all about my woes! Great gear (even their own brand), great customer service, all from a great company!

michaelf860
8/8/19

I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

Your International Thomann Team
robc188
8/4/19

Easy and inexpensive order. Shipped quickly and with no issues even though it was the instrument was 130 cm long!

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Hello Rob,

A big thanks for your review, we are delighted that you are happy with your purchase.

We wish you a good day,
Your International Thomann Team
janv69
4/10/19

My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team
gusv5
3/29/19

The SC-550 Faded Tobacco Flame is my second Harley Benton guitar (my first was the SC-Custom Honey Flame purchased from Thomann last year). I play at home or with friends now, but have been playing off and on for 40 years. I was so pleased with my SC-Custom that I decided to get the flagship model, the SC-550 Faded Tobacco Flame.

Out of the box the guitar is stunning. The Faded Tobacco Flame finish was excellent, without mars, dents or cracks. The flamed maple top is centered well and book-matched. Absolutely beautiful.

I was pleased to find the D'Addario EXL .010-.046 strings had been loosened and the double-action truss rod tension had been relaxed to a neutral position. I have seen so many reviews where the new owner is disappointed that the guitar wasn't in-tune right out of the box. Loosened string and truss rod tension eliminates the risk of bowing the neck or snapping off the headstock if bumped. A little neck relief, string stretching and tuning as a part of a normal setup brought it to life.

The vintage-look Wilkinson tuners are geared to 15:1 and they are rock solid stable. They don't have that annoying tendency to slip out of tune or have dead spots. The body is mahogany with a AAAA flame maple cap (not a Photoshop veneer) and the neck is mahogany as well with a jatoba (AKA Brazilian cherry) wood fretboard (yes, it is CITES compliant). Jatoba wood has one of the highest Janka scale ratings and is well-suited as a fretboard. Most important, it has a great feel. The 22 medium-jumbo frets have been smoothed and polished, with the fret ends nicely rounded and smoothed. The 43mm bone nut (yes it is real bone) has been well cut so there is no catching or pinching of the strings. The neck has a "60's vintage profile" which is often referred to as a "D" profile. For medium-to large-size hands this neck feels great. The neck has a 350 mm (13.78") radius that is well suited to rhythm or lead play. The pearloid trapezoid inlays are perfectly fitted with no gaps or raised points. It has a 628 mm (24.75 inch) scale length.

The body is full-sized and is a full 49.21 mm (1.97 inches) thick. There is binding on the body top and the neck, but not the headstock. In my opinion, the headstock is just right without the binding and highlights the deluxe emblem in the center.

Tune-o-matic bridge and chrome tailpiece complete the "sustain chain". And this machine has sustain. Smooth operating pots and solid pickup selector switch give you precise control of your tone. And the Roswell LAF AlNiCo-5 humbuckers give you lots of tone to work with. The control cavity is spacious and has been coated with shielding paint. The cavity cover has foil coating as well. No 60-cycle hum to be heard.

A basic guitar setup gave me an instrument with a low, fast string action that requires only the lightest touch to riff, chord, or djent until you need some sleep. But you will want to play some more. Basic strap pegs were traded out for strap locks and the guitar is complete. I mean ready to gig complete. And for one-tenth of the cost of "some other brands".

However, the best part of this instrument is Thomann. The Harley Benton instrument line is a private-labeled or "in-house brand" exclusively offered by Thomann. The factory for most of the HB line is in Vietnam (see the RoHS label on the back of the headstock). The instrument is built there, then shipped to Thomann for final checks and prepped for shipping to you. It is reassuring knowing that Thomann has the best customer service available. Look into their 30-day money back guarantee and 3-year Thomann warranty and see for yourself. If there is a problem they do everything possible to take care of it. Period. No other online seller I know of provides this level of quality and service at the lowest possible prices. They even discount your shipping ($35 to most anywhere in the world).

I live in America, but this is where I buy my guitars. I trust Thomann with my business and my musical instrument needs because they have earned that trust. They provide me high-quality musical instruments at the lowest possible price with the best possible service. I couldn't ask for anything more. I give them my business because they earned it. Thank you, Thomann!

pf45
2/14/19

The best website and company...
parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew
kevinc532
12/14/18

I can't speak highly enough. Always great prices and fantastic choice. Their website works like a dream and they are constantly updating and improving it. Shipping is fast and everything is extremely well packaged. The chances of something getting damaged during the shipping process is truly minimised.
But where they truly shine is the after sales customer support and the pre sale advice & after sales advice. My one critique is simple, if a product has or is getting a bad reputation? Drop them like a stone as the mud aimed at them may hit you and your hard earned reputation.

After reading other reviews, I decided this had to be said. I have had issues with Thomann, but not many. I am in Ireland & they are in Germany. When you are shopping that distance away there is always potential for issues to arise. It, unfortunately, takes time to resolve these issues. They will always do what they say. Errors happen. No one is perfect. I do a lot of online purchasing and Thomann, by far and bar none are streets ahead of any other seller online I have encountered in both terms of their website & their customer service.

Consumers need to understand, be prepared for and accept that issues will inevitably arise when ordering online and have the necessary patience to see it through. The question then remains how well do Thomann live up to their promise(s) & resolve your issue(s). They have every time with me. If patience is an issue then find a local shop/dealer and trade with them.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Kevin, thank you for your review and your kind words.
We are glad to hear you are happy with our range of products and services. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support we can and are always looking at ways we can improve in this area, both pre and after sales.
Feedback is highly appreciated especially from an overseas and valued customer.
We look forward to dealing with you again in the future and wish you all the best for 2019!
Your Thomann Team International
rudolfg3
10/18/18

Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
colinp47
7/30/18

I've never put a guitar together , so ordered a Tele kit of thomann , decided to just varnish it , three or four coats and a bit of polish later looked good ,right let's put it together ,took a couple of hours , including coffee breaks , it all went together fairly easy including the electronic stuff , one screw had to be replaced with a slightly bigger one , but other then that no problems , all done I plugged it in , quite a lot of noise , I'll take of the bridge plate and check the earth lead one day ,but strangely at full volume noise disappeared , so I'll just play on full volume haha ,it don't take much setting up , and it does sound good , I'm very pleased with it and pleased an old git like me can build a playable guitar ,if you want a fairly cheap guitar that's fairly easy to build , get one of these !

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Colin, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear you love our Harley Benton kit! Don't hesitate to leave a product review on the website! All the best, Your Thomann Team International
marys791
4/3/18

shopping with thomann on line makes it very easy and the equipment is of very high quality and delivery very prompt

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Mary, thank you so much for the 5 stars and your review! Best wishes, your Thomann team
billym67
4/1/18

I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning. I have given the guitar a CST 24 T Delux in Paradise Flame, a very good try out, I am extremely happy with this guitar, I have played other guitars at £1500 plus that have not matched the tones or playability of this instrument. I cannot fault it, well the G string needed a very slight adjustment of intonation but could have gotten by without it. I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one. I ordered late on a Friday night did not expect it to be dispatched till Monday, which it was received the guitar on Wed. Germany to Edinburgh Scotland in 3 days great stuff. Thank you, Thomann, Keep up the good work and workmanship.

Tip for consumers: Go through the whole list of the type of guitars you fancy, then listen to the reviews on youtube so you get an idea of what you are purchasing sounds like.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Hello Billy, thank you very much for the 5 stars and the positive review! We are glad to hear you are happy with our services. :-) Best regards, your Thomann team
catherines102
2/23/18

Jättenöjd med Thomann, lätt att söka sin vara, lätt att beställa, betala och en fantastisk snabb leverans, ända till min dörr!!!l
Det kunde inte bli bättre!!!
En jättenöjd kund.
Catherine Sjöblom, Göteborg, Sweden

filipem8
1/24/18

Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free

michalw6
1/11/18

the one of the best... ! i'm only on on the trip and the thomann i'st only available! it's very good contractor !!!

alexg194
1/10/18

I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.

martinr64
1/8/18

I have bought everything from plectrums to a Gibson Les Paul from Thomann. I have always had great service and great prices, the slight trade off is the longer delivery time to the UK. but that just makes the anticipation all the more sweet.

silvior3
12/20/17

The best online store for instruments and related products. Best service , High quality control, safety , quality...

catalinn5
12/14/17

The best online store in Europe. I've been buying 10 years on thomann.de and I've always been pleased.

gorant1
12/12/17

Only music saves life ..... Thomann helps music happen!!! Best service , High quality control!!!! Safety , quality , best instrument brands available here!!!!

ismaelp6
11/16/17

nice service and many options! you can find all you need and really fast delivery, easy to pay and good prices!

samuelc57
11/7/17

Um bom site com bons preços agora é claro os portes por vezes não ajudam mas vale a pena em alguns artigos.

robs138
10/16/17

Buying music hardware online from Thomann is easy, they have a huge range and their items tend to be very competitively priced. Delivery is always super-fast too.

cs204
10/4/17

Bought the Harley Benton Travel Guitar - lovely guitar, excellent value
Arrived ahead of schedule !!

ivicag
10/2/17

Quick delivery, great Mega Store, everything great!!! i am oredering from Thoman.De for a 6-7 years and always it was no problem of any kind. In past 6-7 years i get many gift coupons from them...sweet!!!

kirild1
7/26/17

They have anything I've looked up that competitors hadn't been able to provide me with. Reall impressed!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

From the business