Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.35 stars from 85 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. most frequently mention customer service, high quality and online store. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. ranks 10th among Instrument sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Good products, terrible customer service”

David F.
12/18/20

I really like their Harley Benton products, but their customer service is awful. I ordered a couple of guitars from them and one came with the input jack disconnected because the nut that secures it was missing. I emailed them asking for the nut size so I could order a replacement locally but it's taken about 6 emails back and forth to get an answer from them and each email takes 24+ hours for them to reply to. And in the end they told me the wrong size!

customer service (14) guitar (20)
bo19
March 31st, 2020

B

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!

paveld9
April 25th, 2020

I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!

ahmedn49
December 6th, 2020

Honest People, Best Customer Service, Best Quality. Their brand Harley Benton is a killer, it will dominate over classic global brands very soon. I'm happy to spend my money there.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Ahmed, thank you so much for your 5 stars and your warm words.
Best from Germany,
Your Thomann team

ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020

Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock\m/

Hi Ivanchev,
Thanks for your feedback - you rock too!
Best regards

jonathant292
January 14th, 2021

I received top class, excellent service from my initial email enquiry all the way through ordering and delivery to Greece. I highly recommend Thomann and will definitely be ordering from the again in the future.

Dear Jonathan,
Top class service and a top class review!
We love our Greek customers and are always happy to hear from you - especially when it's so positive;)
Thanks again for your feedback and your recommendation, it's warmly received!
Have a great week Jonathan!
Your Thomann Greek Team

boub
December 16th, 2020

I have purchased a Harley Benton 12 string and a case and I could not be happier with the service received. I had some questions before and after the purchase and they were all resolved. I had shipping tracking and the shipping was quick. But mostly I am delighted with the quality of the guitar

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our products and service provided.
Your Customer Care Team

emmad160
October 16th, 2020

Only ordered guitar and amp on Wednesday it came today. Well packed and very impressed with the quality of goods. It was a bs guitar and there is not a mark on it amazing.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Emma - thanks a lot for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new guitar
Best grooves

jayc413
July 15th, 2020

I've been shopping at Thomann for a long time, even bought a guitar from them. Products are delivered with care and they have a good range of choice.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your review.
Wish you an awesome day

mikaels17
September 18th, 2020

I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!

I can personally verify that:

1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).

2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.

3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!

4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.

5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.

6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!

7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!

To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.

I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.

I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!

PS
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.

Hi Mikael,
That was a very detailed and precise review - thank you so much for taking the time to write it!
We wish you all the best with your musical endeavours
Best Grooves

williamc1583
May 22nd, 2020

Best customer service in the whole World, Great range of producs! 00% feedback from me everytime. I have never had a problem with anything and i have bought a lot and will continue doing so.

Hi William,
Thanks a lot for your feedback - it really means a lot to us.
Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad we managed to please you.
Talk to you soon!

leeh472
May 4th, 2020

Excellent service from start to finish, very quick delivery, will definitely recommend and use again

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you for the kind words Lee. We are pleased to read that your shopping experience was smooth, as per our standards.
Best regards,

ericm744
May 9th, 2020

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN AND MONEY BACK GUARANTEED, AND THEY ARE VERY QUICK IN RESPONSE, AND YOU DON T EVEN HAVE TO PAY A PENNY FOR RETURNING PRODUCT, I ORDERED AT LEAST OVER 200 INSTRUMENTS IN THE PAST 25 YEARS AND IT IS DEFINITIVELY THE BEST SHOP FOR MUSICIAN WITH THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! EVERY VERY FEW TIME IT WAS A PROBLEME. THEY SOLVE IT EVERY TIME FASTER THAN THE SPEED LIGHT! ANY EMAIL GOT QUICKLY REPLIED, AND WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEME THEY ALWAYS FIND A QUICK SOLUTION.(ALWAYS!)i CAN NEVER RECOMMAND YOU THIS SHOP ENOUGH! IT SIMPLY THE BEST MUSIC INSTRUMENTS RETAILER IN EUROPE WITH THE CHEAPEST RATE AND ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! SHIPMENT IS USUALLY VERY QUICK WITH UPS AND THE STOCK SHOWN ON WEB PAGE IS ALWAYS REAL! GO FOR IT NO HESITATION NECESSARY!

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Eric. Thanks for your kind words and for trusting us for all these years.
Looking forward to 25 more years together:)

janv69
April 10th, 2019

My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team

michaelf860
August 8th, 2019

I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

leej214
September 5th, 2019

5 Stars all the way!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.

Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

richarda495
September 24th, 2019

Took less than a week to get my guitar all the way from Germany to the UK. Picked up a Harley Benton guitar and wow. I have no idea how they can sell such a great quality instrument at such a low price. Unbelievable.

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you are enjoying your new Harley Benton guitar. We are putting lot of efforts on the quality of those products and are glad that this makes our customers also happy.

All the best

pf45
February 14th, 2019

The best website and company...
Parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew

alexg194
January 10th, 2018

I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

rudolfg3
October 18th, 2018

Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.

Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!

pauls1225
August 20th, 2019

After moving to Europe from the USA I lamented the loss of my favorite music gear company, Sweetwater. However, once I discovered Thomann I forgot all about my woes! Great gear (even their own brand), great customer service, all from a great company!

Hi Paul,

We would like to thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear that you found your happiness in our service and products.

Have a great week.

robc188
August 4th, 2019

Easy and inexpensive order. Shipped quickly and with no issues even though it was the instrument was 130 cm long!

Hello Rob,

A big thanks for your review, we are delighted that you are happy with your purchase.

We wish you a good day,

kevinc532
December 14th, 2018

I can't speak highly enough. Always great prices and fantastic choice. Their website works like a dream and they are constantly updating and improving it. Shipping is fast and everything is extremely well packaged. The chances of something getting damaged during the shipping process is truly minimised.

Where Thomann truly shine is the after sales customer support and the pre sale advice & after sales advice. After reading other reviews, I decided this had to be said. I have had issues with Thomann, but not many. I am in Ireland & they are in Germany. When you are shopping that distance away there is always potential for issues to arise. You could be unlucky and receive a faulty product, a product can get damaged in shipping or you can get sent the wrong item. These issues are however the responsibilty of the supplier to resolve. To date I have had all of these issues arise and on each occassion they dealt with with minimal effort all within the 30 day guarantee. Simply complete the return form and you are sent a return shipping label. You do not even have to give a reason but I feel it is helpful if you do.

It is important to factor in the time involved in dealing with these issues. They take time to resolve. It takes 4/5 days for me to receive a purchase. If I need to rteturn a product I need to allow the same time and add a few days to process the refund or the replacement shippng. So in total a return should take about 7 or 8 days to resolve. A return for a replacement around 14 or 15 days at most. I always consider this a possibility before I buy and accept it.

Another very important factor to consider is warranty repairs. You need to send the product back to them which takes time. Most likely you will have to carry the burden of the return shipping. Thankfully, to date, I have not had to do this.

Another thing I like is that Thomann post all reviews on products good or bad and they remain there for all to see. I always use this as a guide to purchasing products as most of the reviewers are thorough and detailed. However, I have noticed that on this particular site, their customer service rep only acknowledges and repsonds to 5 star reviews. I think this is bad practice. Either respond to all or to none!

Consumers need to understand, be prepared for and accept that issues will inevitably arise when ordering online and have the necessary patience to see it through. The question then remains how well do Thomann live up to their promise(s) & resolve your issue(s). They have every time with me. If patience is an issue then find a local shop/dealer and trade with them.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Kevin, thank you for your review and your kind words.
We are glad to hear you are happy with our range of products and services. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support we can and are always looking at ways we can improve in this area, both pre and after sales.
Feedback is highly appreciated especially from an overseas and valued customer.
We look forward to dealing with you again in the future and wish you all the best for 2019!
Your Thomann Team International

billym67
April 1st, 2018

I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning. I have given the guitar a CST 24 T Delux in Paradise Flame, a very good try out, I am extremely happy with this guitar, I have played other guitars at £1500 plus that have not matched the tones or playability of this instrument. I cannot fault it, well the G string needed a very slight adjustment of intonation but could have gotten by without it. I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one. I ordered late on a Friday night did not expect it to be dispatched till Monday, which it was received the guitar on Wed. Germany to Edinburgh Scotland in 3 days great stuff. Thank you, Thomann, Keep up the good work and workmanship.

Tip for consumers:
Go through the whole list of the type of guitars you fancy, then listen to the reviews on youtube so you get an idea of what you are purchasing sounds like.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Billy, thank you very much for the 5 stars and the positive review! We are glad to hear you are happy with our services.:-) Best regards, your Thomann team

colinp47
July 30th, 2018

I've never put a guitar together, so ordered a Tele kit of thomann, decided to just varnish it, three or four coats and a bit of polish later looked good, right let's put it together, took a couple of hours, including coffee breaks, it all went together fairly easy including the electronic stuff, one screw had to be replaced with a slightly bigger one, but other then that no problems, all done I plugged it in, quite a lot of noise, I'll take of the bridge plate and check the earth lead one day, but strangely at full volume noise disappeared, so I'll just play on full volume haha, it don't take much setting up, and it does sound good, I'm very pleased with it and pleased an old git like me can build a playable guitar, if you want a fairly cheap guitar that's fairly easy to build, get one of these!

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Colin, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear you love our Harley Benton kit! Don't hesitate to leave a product review on the website! All the best, Your Thomann Team International

filipem8
January 24th, 2018

Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?