Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.6 stars from 60 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. also ranks 2nd among Instrument sites. The most common issues with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.
  • I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Superb”

Billy M.
4/1/18

I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning. I have given the guitar a CST 24 T Delux in Paradise Flame, a very good try out, I am extremely happy with this guitar, I have played other guitars at £1500 plus that have not matched the tones or playability of this instrument. I cannot fault it, well the G string needed a very slight adjustment of intonation but could have gotten by without it. I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one. I ordered late on a Friday night did not expect it to be dispatched till Monday, which it was received the guitar on Wed. Germany to Edinburgh Scotland in 3 days great stuff. Thank you, Thomann, Keep up the good work and workmanship.

“Bad Thomann, bad !”

Soren P.
5/3/18

I've been shopping at Thomanns for many years. Once it was a good store. But now they have reached a critical mass for size, where they obviously do not care about the customers anymore. In recent years, they have begun selling guitars that have already been sold at least once, as brand new. You can see it on the guitar if it has been sold before. There may be strings other than specified, there may be special settings and there may be DNA tracks after the previous owner !! Naturally, I return this kind of guitars, as I do not want to buy used. The system has worked in part because of somewhat easy returns with package collection at my home. But just try to hear this story: I ordered a Framus guitar that arrived in very bad condition. Due to bad packaging from Framus, a strap lock (metal piece) had loosened from the guitar and rattled around in the inner guitar bag and ended up on the edge of the guitar, where it made a big chin. There was also a black stripe from a marker under the lacquer somewhere else on the body. Of course I do not want such a defect thing, so I wrote to Thomann about the problem. A Kafka like process started. They would have me to photograph all the packaging, wrapping and the guitar. I should also fill in a note and go down to the post office and let them sign that it was their fault that the damage to the guitar had occurred !! I do not work for Thomann, so I made them aware of that. Then a fermented process began: Thomann has a Danish department, but only for sale! If there is something wrong, the Danish department will only send things on, and you have to write it all back in English. In total more than 30 mails were exchanged !! I felt it as an assault. Eventually they became convinced that I would not perform the required tasks. They then sent a return label to Postnord, ie. where I by myself would be draging the package down to the post office. I am old, the post office is far away and the box is big. I have no car and it can not fit on the bike. Thomann offered me a label for a UPS pickup, IF I PAYED. I have no other options, so I had to eat it. 30,- euro to look at a defective guitar. That is too expensive. And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service. If Thomann answers this, you should be very suspicious if they do not lay flat down and apologize, but instead try to explain their way out of this mess. Mail order is a matter of trust. Would you trust Thomann after this?

customer service (10) guitar (14) harley benton (6) harley benton guitar (3)
rudolfg3
October 18th, 2018
Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
michaelf860
August 8th, 2019
I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

pf45
February 14th, 2019
The best website and company...
parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew
leej214
September 5th, 2019
5 Stars all the way!!!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.
Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

Your Thomann Team
janv69
April 10th, 2019
My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team
marys791
April 3rd, 2018
shopping with thomann on line makes it very easy and the equipment is of very high quality and delivery very prompt
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Mary, thank you so much for the 5 stars and your review! Best wishes, your Thomann team
filipem8
January 24th, 2018
Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free
pauls1225
August 20th, 2019
After moving to Europe from the USA I lamented the loss of my favorite music gear company, Sweetwater. However, once I discovered Thomann I forgot all about my woes! Great gear (even their own brand), great customer service, all from a great company!
Hi Paul,

We would like to thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear that you found your happiness in our service and products.

Have a great week.

silvior3
December 20th, 2017
The best online store for instruments and related products. Best service , High quality control, safety , quality...
catalinn5
December 14th, 2017
The best online store in Europe. I've been buying 10 years on thomann.de and I've always been pleased.
martinr64
January 8th, 2018
I have bought everything from plectrums to a Gibson Les Paul from Thomann. I have always had great service and great prices, the slight trade off is the longer delivery time to the UK. but that just makes the anticipation all the more sweet.
robc188
August 4th, 2019
Easy and inexpensive order. Shipped quickly and with no issues even though it was the instrument was 130 cm long!
Hello Rob,

A big thanks for your review, we are delighted that you are happy with your purchase.

We wish you a good day,
michalw6
January 11th, 2018
the one of the best... ! i'm only on on the trip and the thomann i'st only available! it's very good contractor !!!
alexg194
January 10th, 2018
I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.
cs204
October 4th, 2017
Bought the Harley Benton Travel Guitar - lovely guitar, excellent value
Arrived ahead of schedule !!
ismaelp6
November 16th, 2017
nice service and many options! you can find all you need and really fast delivery, easy to pay and good prices!
ivicag
October 2nd, 2017
Quick delivery, great Mega Store, everything great!!! i am oredering from Thoman.De for a 6-7 years and always it was no problem of any kind. In past 6-7 years i get many gift coupons from them...sweet!!!
martinw55
February 4th, 2017
I have been buying from Thomann.de for many years now and have found them to be one of the best Music & Lighting Store's ( if not the Best ) great product's and very good staff and a backup second to none,looking foward to dealing with them very soon...M.W.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Martin, thank you very much for your trust and giving us the chance to proove our service to you! Keep on rockin'! Your Thomann team
martinb64
September 6th, 2016
I bought a Protec 316 CT case for French horn from the site Thomann.de. The product is excellent and sent from Germany to France it was received within the specified period and very well wrapped The site seems to be excellent.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Hello Martin, we are happy to hear that you appreciate our delivery service to France. :-) Best regards, your Thomann team
gorant1
December 12th, 2017
Only music saves life ..... Thomann helps music happen!!! Best service , High quality control!!!! Safety , quality , best instrument brands available here!!!!
robs138
October 16th, 2017
Buying music hardware online from Thomann is easy, they have a huge range and their items tend to be very competitively priced. Delivery is always super-fast too.
kirild1
July 26th, 2017
They have anything I've looked up that competitors hadn't been able to provide me with. Reall impressed!
ivanr41
January 31st, 2017
The best site of music instruments. I am appreceate work of those people, who made so much for internet selling. I tested million times ) Musicstore stands alone in the corner )
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Hello Ivan, thank you very much for your kind words and your feedback. Rock on! Your Thomann-Team
markt117
July 15th, 2016
Awesome webpage! I bought guitar parts and accessories from them and was pleased.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Mark, thank you very much for your five stars! We will continue to do our best to satisfy you! Rock on and best regards from Germany, your Thomann team
frankb87
December 4th, 2015
I ordered plenty of times there and never had problems. Fast shipping and easy return system in case you don't like a product. 100% reliable shop in my opinion.
Thank you for the review, Frank! All the best, your Thomann team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Marketing / PR
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?