The Training Room reviews

Tel: +44800 021 6050
customerservices@thetrainingroom.com

indiac5
3/14/19

I have had a really good experience doing the personal training course i have learnt so much that i will definitely take with me. my tutor hasit has been great and explained everything really well! topics i never thought i would understand i now do and i managed to pass my course.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi India,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are delighted that you had a such a positive experience on your personal training course.

chloeh33
2/19/19
• Updated review

Completely agree with everyone giving this company 1 star!
They sold me the dream! Not what they say it is! No support! Just want your money!
I felt pushed into a course and when I couldn't pay they were rude and hassling me every few days!
I was left so stressed out made me ill!
Cause trouble in my family.
It was awful!

They were threatening my 70 year old gran if she doesn't pay they will get baliffs to her house! Which btw they forced me into getting her to sign as guarantor to which we were both stupid enough to not understand!

However now I have asked to rejoin a new group to complete the course they advised me today that the course has been cancelled so they potentially might set up a course in Dorset when I live in Telford? Over 4 hours away! Basically there attitude was either sign up to do the possible course in Dorset or don't do it at all.

They still want there payments on time every month of course!

Amy was the first TTR representative to reply to me, she told me everything I wanted to hear at a bad time. Fake promises & still no qualification.
Then only Carly to force me into signing the DocuSign paperwork Friday before starting the course Monday. I believe she made it very clear I must sign them straight away or I wouldn't get on a course!
The collections department weren't the friendly polite staff you would imagine. They are now I've complained...
Conveniently all staff I had the early conversations with have all left and they can't supply me with any calls as they have deleted them apparently?

As it stands I'm currently being threatened with court because they cancelled the course I signed up for and I refused to pay them anymore of my hard earned money.
They are using terms and conditions against me that I never agreed or signed and pulling out excuses such as because I opened my online portal that then means I automatically agreed and you are no longer entitled to the refund. This is explained nowhere.
Joke is they tell you to open it to get an idea of your course and it was 3 days till I started how I was I ever going to be able to change my mind?

I have been on several interviews and the course isn't worth the paper it's wrote on! You will never get a job as you will not have the knowledge or experience necessary!

Don't waste your money!!!

Disgraceful company!
Very worried they are going to get away with this!
We need to get together to stop this!

UPDATE they have apparently passed all debt from anyone who was on the beauty course onto a debt collectors.
Demanding £2,400 off me for the course I have yet to complete or any qualification to my name!
Lots of money for a waste of your time!

They also delete the bad reviews! Don't believe anything but the bad reviews!

Sign this petition if the disgusting behaviour of TTR has effected you!

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Chloe,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this feedback and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that a complaint from yourself has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team previously in addition to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

The Training Room
“Would appear they removed my review so here it is again..”
9/27/18
• Previous review

Completely agree with everyone giving this company 1 star!
They sold me the dream - 3 years to complete course as many times as I wish and helping to find a job before my finance payments start but reality is I have is them constantly calling me for money. After explaining to them that I wasn't working at the time they enrolled me onto course and months went by I finally got a job by myself! They started insisting for payments and the arrears to be paid ASAP! forcing me to pay the finance payments and leave me with no money for rest of the week till payday.
I was left so stressed out made me ill! Cause trouble in my family.
It was awful!

However now I have asked to rejoin a new group to complete the course they advised me today that the course has been cancelled so they potentially might set up a course in Dorset when I live in Telford? Over 4 hours away! Basically there attitude was either sign up to possible do the course in Dorset or don't do it at all.
They still want there payments on time every month of course!

Disgraceful company!
I have taken them to financial ombudsman service!
Very worried they are going to get away with this!
We need to get together to stop this!

annag216
2/15/19

They will have taken 3500k from me by time i have paid for the program i havent recieved. They miss sold the product.. and cant make resonable adjustment to ensure i come out with some qualification. I think we should come together and take it furter. This scam needs stoping...

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your review. Our customer services team would like to discuss this further with you to understand exactly what you are dissatisfied with to see if they can come to a resolution with you. Please contact them on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

joaos36
2/14/19

Stay away this is the worst company they don't care about you or your feelings. I was induced to do an IT training course and wanted to cancel they didnt do anything and now after months I'm being debited £3000 for something I never did! To everyone stop fooling yourself with the idea that this is going to give a better job this simply isn't happening! really bad company there is not easy way around them believe me they don't care about you as a person or your achievements ! I will let everyone I know to stay away from this company along with social media!

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that this has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team and Financial Ombudsman Service previously. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

esmes1
2/5/19

The sign up was quick and efficient. The course itself was very intense, but if you focus it is possible. Lyndsey was our tutor and she was very friendly. When we asked for revision help, she found time during the day to try go through some of it with us. The job support team got me an interview with a gym, although I'm not sure if I'll be taking it. Would have been helpful to get a bit more time in the gym doing practical work, but understand that there is a small time window.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Esme,

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed most aspects of the course and have found it worthwhile. I will be sure to pass on your constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

samueld64
1/4/19

Was very well run on the 11 days of teaching, very relaxed structure and good atmosphere to learn in. Ideally there would have been more focus around revision in the class as that was much more challenging then the practical side.
All course tutors were very friendly and easy to contact, and they provided good helpful advice throughout both academic and job wise after qualifying.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Samuel,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We are delighted that you found our tutors both friendly and easy to contact. I will also pass on your feedback about revision in the class.

jovanac1
1/1/19

They are very helpful and ready to help. It is very nice to learn whith the Training Room. When my friends are asking me about the course what I started to learn here, I always telling them that is a very good opportunity to try what you want.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Jovana,

Thank you for leaving us a review we really appreciate it. We are very happy that you found our staff very helpful and that you would recommend us to your friends.

tp100
12/25/18

So the course was great the tutors were really helpful, the course is obviously only 3 days in the first week and 2 days a week for the remaining 4 weeks this is the full time course. I think personally if you can soak up information and have a lot of spare time this course is for you if you take a little longer learning donthe part time course as it gives you more time to study but overall I'd recommend the training room.

deanc88
12/11/18

When searching for PT courses online I come across the Training Room, I then inquired about what they could offer me and they got back to me with a lot of information. I also looked at some other organisations but they didn't offer what I was looking for, so I chose to go with the Training Room. This was the right choice because I work full time so therefore wasn't able to commit to a full time classroom based course, so I was able to do home learning at my own pace.
My tutor was a guy named Luke Crossley and he was amazing to be honest. He provided me with a lot of help and guidance and responded to emails more or less straight away. If you end up with him as your tutor you will definitely do well!!
As for the loan agreement etc I have had no problems with that at all, I was able to get an interest free loan and I pay back a set amount each month, with the option of calling them if I want to pay a big chunk off.

jonathans302
12/9/18

The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications. I did the full time 5 week course and it has everything in it to get you going as a PT. Classroom always had a really friendly casual atmosphere so I was always looking forward to coming back and the material provided is really useful and in depth. Our tutor Jenna was amazing and effective in both delivering good content while still being approachable and providing a chilled out environment to learn. A lot of this course rests on your own individual hard work and is by no means a guarantee of being instantly inundated with job offers when completed. But if you have the motivation to complete the course then the Training Room has more than enough support to train you till you're confident in your coaching abilities. I've learned a lot from this course and can't recommend it highly enough as well as the professionalism and charisma of the training staff like Jenna, Martin and Darren. Definitely a worthwhile investment! Thank you Jenna! Much love, Johnny (the greatest PT who ever lived).

claret17
12/5/18

The Training Room training for Level two and three is tuned in to learners needs,trundles along swiftly,is task orientated,toned,trim & tremendous fun.Turn up and train

connorf11
12/5/18

From day one Jenna was superb with us all as a collective group and individually. She had time for everyone and tried so hard to get everyone to pass the course with her knowledge and enthusiasm. Was a really interesting and insightful course and I have learned so much in the past 5 weeks about myself and what it means to be a PT from the whole coaching side to the nutrition and anatomy side of things. So cheers Jenna for everything! Connor.

melaniew93
12/4/18

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I felt the content along with the class size was excellent. Luke was extremely knowledgable and delivered the course in such a way that it was also fun rather than just getting show power points. I felt I could contribute without feeling silly and the different teaching tools made it enjoyable. The opportunities to practice in the gym were also plentiful.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in becoming a personal trainer.

lewisr24
11/2/18

Best decision of my life so far going with the training room. I had Nick Williams as my tutor who provided me all the support I could need. I learnt a large variety of key things for when I become self employed, and I have left feeling confident to start my journey as a personal trainer. Had an amazing experience with Nick and the rest of the class, gutted it has come to an end!

paule220
11/2/18

I recently completed my Level 3 qualification in Personal Training and my tutor (Martin H) was incredibly supportive and got me through it so quickly! I'd highly recommend anyone to use The Training Room. Their customer service is fantastic.

hannahj58
10/30/18

I had a really positive experience with the Training Room. I loved the flexibility of the course and the atmosphere of the group. The tutors were great and enabled and supported my progression.

rebeccac252
10/30/18

The course was really interesting and helped me to learn how to apply knowledge effectively to train clients in the future. It also highlighted the expectations of the business aspects of personal training.

lukej35
10/30/18

I found the course was tough but worth while if you're interested in going into the fitness industry, you gain all the relevant information for what you will need to become a successful PT. I have also started phase 2 with getting interviews and a job offer from the career support. It's a great course, with the extra courses such as gym based boxing and has great support from the tutors

lizr101
10/18/18

An intense course in 5 weeks, it's very self based learning, so self discipline is key, but I managed to get through and I'm really pleased. My tutor was great, so I couldn't ask for more.

chrisp422
9/25/18

Embarking on a complete change of career direction is definitely daunting but support through TTR has been brilliant.

I have had the privilege of having Dan Reilly as my tutor. He definitely goes above and beyond. He has taken the time to provide all of my group a great level of support.

Dan has a way of making you feel at ease and his in-depth knowledge has made for a very enjoyable course.

You definitely need to commit one hundred percent as there is a lot to take in. I have been particularly fortunate by having a great class going through this with me.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone wishing to go down this route. I wanted to be in a classroom environment as doing it purely on line does not suit my learning style.

Overall top marks to Dan and TTR.

jol79
9/24/18

I am really enjoying the course so far, and look forward to the days in the classroom. There is a lot to learn, but I find Daniel's way of teaching so engaging and he breaks it down in a way that makes it much easier to understand and take in. If you're looking for a great tutor to guide you on your journey, then look no further! I would definitely recommend this course, as long as you're willing to put in the hard work.

laurieg68
9/24/18

There is no doubt it is an intensive course, lots to do not much time to do it. That said it has been made easier by our most excellent tutor Daniel Reilly I am in awe of his depth of knowledge on all the subject mater relating to the course and beyond.

His ability to cater for the different learning styles of the group is second to none, I say that as a trainer in a different skill set who has worked alongside and been coached/tutored by numerous other trainers over the years.

For me having a physical copy of the manuals helps tremendously, these are in general well supported by the videos and Webanairs.

All in all a good course, but don't be fooled you have to put the work in.

Laurie

juliab180
9/13/18

The training I received was first class.I feel privileged to be a graduated from such a prestigious and renowned institution as the Training Room and the knowledge and skills I received have helped me to embark in my new career

dannyc116
9/11/18

Having looked on their website it's because clear that they have cherry picked their reviews. Feefo boast a 4.6/5 which is FARR from the truth! They have taken £4000 of my money.. failed to load me onto a course I requested and then have the audacity to tell me my guarantee period has ended. I had supplied proof of my emails being unanswered and yet they're calling me a liar! Going to leave a review everyday until someone takes note of this and puts an end to their appualing attitude towards customers.

sarahm563
8/1/18

Im with the training room currently on the beauty course. I was booked in on a spray tan course for the 1st Aug 18 however my 5 year old daughter is ill with a very bad water infection, so I had to cancel it short notice. I was told by the training room that I would have to pay another £50 to rebook and it was in the terms and conditions about late cancellations the lady also informed me it can't be changed. I feel this is riduclas I didn't know my child was going to be ill yet I am been penalised for it. The training room say it's because of the cost to them. I'd like to see the breakdown of the cost.

My other course is going well, however I work full time I have 3 children and attend the course on a Monday 9am - 7.30pm and Tues 9am - 5.30pm. You get told you have to attend 100% every session which is fine but the amount of work is unbelievable. I find it hard to juggle everything and the level 3 part of the course is so rushed.

When I rang about this course in Feb 2018 I paid my deposit for myself and my eldest daughter who attends the course. For 2 weeks after they rang everyday to see when I would be paying the remainder of the balance which was £4995 for us both. This was uncalled for as I told the lady when I would pay the remainder balance. I put a complaint in about their hard selling tactics. Apparently i made their customer service advisor cry and she had never had this before. I was also info4med that it was the computer system telling them to ring me on a daily basis! They rectified this by giving me and my daughter their "premium beauty package".

The course started on the 11 June18 in Manchester when at the course and speaking with the other students (11 of us in total) we found out we all had paid a different amount of money, most had only paid £1995 For the same course and some of the girls had recieved the loan for this for the same cost. This seems unfair, prices should be the same accross the board specially as we are all in the same place at the same time with the same tutor. Our tutor has had 2 annual leave holidays within our 12 week course which has caused a little friction as her teaching and the other tutors teaching are totally different. We also have a Turkish lady on the course who is really struggling. She was promised an interperator but still has not been given one. She was in tears this week for fear of failing the course due to not having the correct support. This is really bad practice.

We have still heard nothing from the careers team apart from an email saying who our careers advisor is and if we need her then to contact her ourselves. This is not what promised on the phone when booking the course.

We are nearly at the end of our course I have so much work to complete within a week and a half otherwise I will not be allowed yo take my exam. This course is extremely fast paced and heaven forbid your children get sick and you can't attend.

All in all training with the training room will leave you feeling stressed out of pocket and at a loss as what to do. The head office just state it's in the terms and conditions about missed sessions and payment fees they have no leway for unforseen circumstances, they just want your money.

I have been taken to court by them when I refused to pay and I will have to pay over £5500 for their scammy training. It's unthinkable that Croydon County Court supported these criminals. Shame on you Croydon County Court but hey what can you expect from Croydon?!

By Rafal W.

Don't fool yourself this company is a scam and they won't lead you anywhere they don't care about your achievements and they only care about you paying the course stay away

By Joao S.

Do not do it !!! I finished this course 2 years ago I did not have any support from them getting a job . It was the worst decision ever . I still pay back my loan to the bank .

By Alexandra O.

Please follow complaint procedure to financial ombudsman and financial conduct authority. They are exploiting young and vunrable adults for profit. I ve have and if there is a patteren of these insident they will investigate.

By Anna g.

Same situation help needed too... contact finatual ombuse make a formal complaint.

By Anna g.

Helpful answer -2

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Questions? Get answers from the The Training Room staff and other customers.

2 Photos for The Training Room