The Training Room reviews

Tel: +44800 021 6050
customerservices@thetrainingroom.com

sams663
10/2/19

I attended the first day in which I had to leave just after lunch as I was extremely unwell from an ongoing medical condition, I was then unable to attend the course, after speaking with the training rooms they advised as I had turned up it then meant I had to pay for the course, or attend any other, by this time they had stopped the course in Liverpool, I was advised I would have to attend Manchester, I agreed, 3 days before the course was due to commence I had an email advising they would no longer be running the beauty course, but again I would still need to pay! I'm summary I will be paying nearly £3000 for half a day

samp275
9/13/19

A great course (Personal Training course) from start to finish. I felt that the initially daunting amount of information and things to learn was delivered excellently by my Tutor (Luke) and was made accessible and easy to understand.
I have greatly expanded my knowledge of training both myself and future clients thanks to the full time course. I also received an offer and eventually position at a Gym in my area under a month after finishing my last exam.

Great service from both tutor and customer support. Highly recommended.

dans926
8/31/19

Seriously recommend avoiding the training room!!
I attended the Personal Training course years ago and due to one of their tutors leaving the company with our "exam results" apparently, they couldn't give us the qualifications.
Afterwards there was a weak attempt to rectify everything but they wasn't really bothered, I mean in the end not only did I never receive any qualifications from them but I was also £3000 out of pocket!
If your thinking of a Training course go with another company!

joelj41
6/18/19

Expensive mistake. I would completely avoid, hidden costs. Lock you into a contract and basically just laugh at you when you ask to leave. Don't run the risk because even if you want to cancel they won't let you

karinal24
6/10/19

After signing up for a course I called and explained to a member of staff that due to personal reasons I did not think I would be able to complete a module let alone the whole course, I was told that I would be sent a document via email to confirm that I would not like to go ahead with the course. After not receiving any documents I assumed this had been cancelled on their end. I NEVER submitted any assignment or used any of the services they have to offer. I have just realised that a monthly sum for this course has still been coming out of my bank. I emailed to explain the situation and was told that as I had a LOOK at the material online a handful of times I will now have to pay £9000. Please do not use this company and if you are considering it please make sure you really ask questions and be aware about what you're getting yourself in to.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Karina,

I can see that you have been in communication with our Customer Services Department who have been looking after you with regards to the concerns you raise here. We would like to note that there are defamatory statements made in this review that are simply not true. If you would like to discuss this further please contact our customer services team at customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

job161
5/11/19

I was promised course material and exam fees to be paid, even re-sits plus dedicated tutors to offer expert advise. I was unsure of signing up and was told I had 10 days to cancel. So I looked through the material and called to cancel within the 10 days but was advised i could not cancel because i opened the material. The tutor was none existent, I got an e mail reply directing me to online websites for help there was never any advice or knowledge shared by a tutor in the company. I had to make a complaint to the financial ombusman as the company refused to pay for an exam re-sit but after getting evidence of the call where the agent promised to cover re-sits the company had no choice to cover the cost. I passed 3 out of 4 exams I had to use 3rd party websites because the training room had no tutor to help me. I have about 1 year left in my contract and the company collect over £100 from my account each month but they are not offering me the career support they promised. I last received any contact from the company 4 months ago and they have never offered me any advice on finding work. I sent them my cv last year for advice and they replied to say 'yes that looks fine' they never offered any advice. I am currently making my second complaint to the financial ombusman as they have breached the terms of my agreement by not offering the support they promised.

My advice to anyone looking at this company would be stay away.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Connor,

Our customer services team are currently investigating your concerns. They will be in contact with you as soon as possible. If you need anything else please contact our customer services team directly on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com and they will be happy to assist you.

kylec152
5/9/19

I have recently undergone the Level 2 and Level 3 in personal training. I would highly recommend The Training Room as your provider if you are looking to get into the Fitness and Personal training industry. The support from the careers adviser's and the knowledge and energy that the tutors bring is just what you need to get you into the industry. If you are based in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or any of the surrounding areas i would 100% advise getting over to the Reading training centre led by Amanda i have nothing but good words to say about her she is fantastic.

malika26
4/18/19

I have done a lot of courses and been training for 16 years now and this is by far the best course I had. It's hard and intense but the reason I fell in love with this course was my tutor Daniel Reilly who did everything to make it possible for me. He would help you and support you in any way he can. He is professional and knowledgeable who made me had the best experience ever. I really recommend it for anyone looking to start his career.

deenap13
4/18/19

This course was absolutely brilliant. Daniel Reilly the course tutor is fantastic at helping you learn all the practical and theoretical requirements for becoming Level 2 and Level 3 qualified in a very short space of time. Daniel brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience to each session and also brings a degree of humour to the class room and practical sessions which help with learning. This is an intense course over 11 weekends, but I would definitely recommend it to others looking to become qualified as Personal Trainers.

bryonys4
4/18/19

Looking at not so great reviews and I really couldn't disagree more. If you want a company that gives you opportunities and a fast learning process then the training room fulfils that.
I'm so happy with the process and professionalism that comes with training room. I have learnt so much in such a short space of time and feel very accomplished and motivated.

Daniel Reilly has honestly enhanced my training and learning in a motivating and enjoyable way. His knowledge and wisdom outside the curriculum, has helped my understanding of the business and the industry which I was quite nervous about. Massive thank you goes to him!

Very excited to start my career with ease that I had great, quality training.
If you apply yourself and work hard with the learning tools and the supportive instructors like Daniel Reilly then you have found the perfect company to do that.

indiac5
3/14/19

I have had a really good experience doing the personal training course i have learnt so much that i will definitely take with me. my tutor hasit has been great and explained everything really well! topics i never thought i would understand i now do and i managed to pass my course.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi India,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are delighted that you had a such a positive experience on your personal training course.

chloeh33
2/19/19
• Updated review

Completely agree with everyone giving this company 1 star!
They sold me the dream! Not what they say it is! No support! Just want your money!
I felt pushed into a course and when I couldn't pay they were rude and hassling me every few days!
I was left so stressed out made me ill!
Cause trouble in my family.
It was awful!

They were threatening my 70 year old gran if she doesn't pay they will get baliffs to her house! Which btw they forced me into getting her to sign as guarantor to which we were both stupid enough to not understand!

However now I have asked to rejoin a new group to complete the course they advised me today that the course has been cancelled so they potentially might set up a course in Dorset when I live in Telford? Over 4 hours away! Basically there attitude was either sign up to do the possible course in Dorset or don't do it at all.

They still want there payments on time every month of course!

Amy was the first TTR representative to reply to me, she told me everything I wanted to hear at a bad time. Fake promises & still no qualification.
Then only Carly to force me into signing the DocuSign paperwork Friday before starting the course Monday. I believe she made it very clear I must sign them straight away or I wouldn't get on a course!
The collections department weren't the friendly polite staff you would imagine. They are now I've complained...
Conveniently all staff I had the early conversations with have all left and they can't supply me with any calls as they have deleted them apparently?

As it stands I'm currently being threatened with court because they cancelled the course I signed up for and I refused to pay them anymore of my hard earned money.
They are using terms and conditions against me that I never agreed or signed and pulling out excuses such as because I opened my online portal that then means I automatically agreed and you are no longer entitled to the refund. This is explained nowhere.
Joke is they tell you to open it to get an idea of your course and it was 3 days till I started how I was I ever going to be able to change my mind?

I have been on several interviews and the course isn't worth the paper it's wrote on! You will never get a job as you will not have the knowledge or experience necessary!

Don't waste your money!!!

Disgraceful company!
Very worried they are going to get away with this!
We need to get together to stop this!

UPDATE they have apparently passed all debt from anyone who was on the beauty course onto a debt collectors.
Demanding £2,400 off me for the course I have yet to complete or any qualification to my name!
Lots of money for a waste of your time!

They also delete the bad reviews! Don't believe anything but the bad reviews!

Sign this petition if the disgusting behaviour of TTR has effected you!

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Chloe,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this feedback and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that a complaint from yourself has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team previously in addition to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

The Training Room
“Would appear they removed my review so here it is again..”
9/27/18
• Previous review

Completely agree with everyone giving this company 1 star!
They sold me the dream - 3 years to complete course as many times as I wish and helping to find a job before my finance payments start but reality is I have is them constantly calling me for money. After explaining to them that I wasn't working at the time they enrolled me onto course and months went by I finally got a job by myself! They started insisting for payments and the arrears to be paid ASAP! forcing me to pay the finance payments and leave me with no money for rest of the week till payday.
I was left so stressed out made me ill! Cause trouble in my family.
It was awful!

However now I have asked to rejoin a new group to complete the course they advised me today that the course has been cancelled so they potentially might set up a course in Dorset when I live in Telford? Over 4 hours away! Basically there attitude was either sign up to possible do the course in Dorset or don't do it at all.
They still want there payments on time every month of course!

Disgraceful company!
I have taken them to financial ombudsman service!
Very worried they are going to get away with this!
We need to get together to stop this!

annag216
2/15/19

They will have taken 3500k from me by time i have paid for the program i havent recieved. They miss sold the product.. and cant make resonable adjustment to ensure i come out with some qualification. I think we should come together and take it furter. This scam needs stoping...

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your review. Our customer services team would like to discuss this further with you to understand exactly what you are dissatisfied with to see if they can come to a resolution with you. Please contact them on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

joaos36
2/14/19

Stay away this is the worst company they don't care about you or your feelings. I was induced to do an IT training course and wanted to cancel they didnt do anything and now after months I'm being debited £3000 for something I never did! To everyone stop fooling yourself with the idea that this is going to give a better job this simply isn't happening! really bad company there is not easy way around them believe me they don't care about you as a person or your achievements ! I will let everyone I know to stay away from this company along with social media!

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that this has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team and Financial Ombudsman Service previously. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

esmes1
2/5/19

The sign up was quick and efficient. The course itself was very intense, but if you focus it is possible. Lyndsey was our tutor and she was very friendly. When we asked for revision help, she found time during the day to try go through some of it with us. The job support team got me an interview with a gym, although I'm not sure if I'll be taking it. Would have been helpful to get a bit more time in the gym doing practical work, but understand that there is a small time window.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Esme,

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed most aspects of the course and have found it worthwhile. I will be sure to pass on your constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

samueld64
1/4/19

Was very well run on the 11 days of teaching, very relaxed structure and good atmosphere to learn in. Ideally there would have been more focus around revision in the class as that was much more challenging then the practical side.
All course tutors were very friendly and easy to contact, and they provided good helpful advice throughout both academic and job wise after qualifying.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Samuel,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We are delighted that you found our tutors both friendly and easy to contact. I will also pass on your feedback about revision in the class.

jovanac1
1/1/19

They are very helpful and ready to help. It is very nice to learn whith the Training Room. When my friends are asking me about the course what I started to learn here, I always telling them that is a very good opportunity to try what you want.

Response from TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative
Hi Jovana,

Thank you for leaving us a review we really appreciate it. We are very happy that you found our staff very helpful and that you would recommend us to your friends.

tp100
12/25/18

So the course was great the tutors were really helpful, the course is obviously only 3 days in the first week and 2 days a week for the remaining 4 weeks this is the full time course. I think personally if you can soak up information and have a lot of spare time this course is for you if you take a little longer learning donthe part time course as it gives you more time to study but overall I'd recommend the training room.

deanc88
12/11/18

When searching for PT courses online I come across the Training Room, I then inquired about what they could offer me and they got back to me with a lot of information. I also looked at some other organisations but they didn't offer what I was looking for, so I chose to go with the Training Room. This was the right choice because I work full time so therefore wasn't able to commit to a full time classroom based course, so I was able to do home learning at my own pace.
My tutor was a guy named Luke Crossley and he was amazing to be honest. He provided me with a lot of help and guidance and responded to emails more or less straight away. If you end up with him as your tutor you will definitely do well!!
As for the loan agreement etc I have had no problems with that at all, I was able to get an interest free loan and I pay back a set amount each month, with the option of calling them if I want to pay a big chunk off.

jonathans302
12/9/18

The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications. I did the full time 5 week course and it has everything in it to get you going as a PT. Classroom always had a really friendly casual atmosphere so I was always looking forward to coming back and the material provided is really useful and in depth. Our tutor Jenna was amazing and effective in both delivering good content while still being approachable and providing a chilled out environment to learn. A lot of this course rests on your own individual hard work and is by no means a guarantee of being instantly inundated with job offers when completed. But if you have the motivation to complete the course then the Training Room has more than enough support to train you till you're confident in your coaching abilities. I've learned a lot from this course and can't recommend it highly enough as well as the professionalism and charisma of the training staff like Jenna, Martin and Darren. Definitely a worthwhile investment! Thank you Jenna! Much love, Johnny (the greatest PT who ever lived).

claret17
12/5/18

The Training Room training for Level two and three is tuned in to learners needs,trundles along swiftly,is task orientated,toned,trim & tremendous fun.Turn up and train

connorf11
12/5/18

From day one Jenna was superb with us all as a collective group and individually. She had time for everyone and tried so hard to get everyone to pass the course with her knowledge and enthusiasm. Was a really interesting and insightful course and I have learned so much in the past 5 weeks about myself and what it means to be a PT from the whole coaching side to the nutrition and anatomy side of things. So cheers Jenna for everything! Connor.

melaniew93
12/4/18

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I felt the content along with the class size was excellent. Luke was extremely knowledgable and delivered the course in such a way that it was also fun rather than just getting show power points. I felt I could contribute without feeling silly and the different teaching tools made it enjoyable. The opportunities to practice in the gym were also plentiful.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in becoming a personal trainer.

lewisr24
11/2/18

Best decision of my life so far going with the training room. I had Nick Williams as my tutor who provided me all the support I could need. I learnt a large variety of key things for when I become self employed, and I have left feeling confident to start my journey as a personal trainer. Had an amazing experience with Nick and the rest of the class, gutted it has come to an end!

paule220
11/2/18

I recently completed my Level 3 qualification in Personal Training and my tutor (Martin H) was incredibly supportive and got me through it so quickly! I'd highly recommend anyone to use The Training Room. Their customer service is fantastic.

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -., The Training Room Representative

I have been taken to court by them when I refused to pay and I will have to pay over £5500 for their scammy training. It's unthinkable that Croydon County Court supported these criminals. Shame on you Croydon County Court but hey what can you expect from Croydon?!

By Rafal W.

Don't fool yourself this company is a scam and they won't lead you anywhere they don't care about your achievements and they only care about you paying the course stay away

By Joao S.

Same situation help needed too... contact finatual ombuse make a formal complaint.

By Anna g.

Questions? Get answers from the The Training Room staff and other customers.

2 Photos for The Training Room