The Training Room

The Training Room has a consumer rating of 3.88 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Training Room also ranks 7th among Job Training sites.

• I completed my fast track course in Hatfield February 2020 with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly.
  • The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications.

• ** Please understand this is my experience/review of the Security Technologist course in IT section.
  • They promise you a job after completion and career support for three years.
How would you rate The Training Room?

“I completed the course and now work as a Java...”

Jack M.
12/17/17

I completed the Software developer course and am now Microsoft Systems expert along with my Oracle OCA Java and now work as a Java programmer earning £28k. I am so thankful to the training room as they supported me all they way and made it easy for me to get through the material in three months and start my role. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the IT industry as they provide the right qualifications that employers are looking for all around the world and the support is excellent with a permanent job at the end. It's the best decision I have made in my life!

“Didn't offer the service I signed up for”

jo b.
5/11/19

I was promised course material and exam fees to be paid, even re-sits plus dedicated tutors to offer expert advise. I was unsure of signing up and was told I had 10 days to cancel. So I looked through the material and called to cancel within the 10 days but was advised i could not cancel because i opened the material. The tutor was none existent, I got an e mail reply directing me to online websites for help there was never any advice or knowledge shared by a tutor in the company. I had to make a complaint to the financial ombusman as the company refused to pay for an exam re-sit but after getting evidence of the call where the agent promised to cover re-sits the company had no choice to cover the cost. I passed 3 out of 4 exams I had to use 3rd party websites because the training room had no tutor to help me. I have about 1 year left in my contract and the company collect over £100 from my account each month but they are not offering me the career support they promised. I last received any contact from the company 4 months ago and they have never offered me any advice on finding work. I sent them my cv last year for advice and they replied to say 'yes that looks fine' they never offered any advice. I am currently making my second complaint to the financial ombusman as they have breached the terms of my agreement by not offering the support they promised. My advice to anyone looking at this company would be stay away.

course (54) career support (6) tutor daniel reilly (4) level 2 (4) level 3 (5) track course (3) course material (3)
aleksandrad6
February 19th, 2020
I completed my fast track course in Hatfield February 2020 with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly. This course was absolutely brilliant. Daniel brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience to each session, every lesson was very interesting. Explanation is amazing! Would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble in understanding ( English is my second language ). Their customer service is fantastic. ( friendly and helpful) also when you have mess in your life
Honestly great feedback! Very constructive sessions. Thanks so much Daniel !
Aleksandra
Hi Aleksandra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you felt your sessions were interesting and constructive!

We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Daniel and please keep us updated on your journey.

pols2
February 14th, 2020
I have attended the 5-week intensive course for L3 with Nick Hewett in the London Academy. Although there is a lot of work to get done in a very short time, it's also very interesting and quite fun! The group I am with is diverse with a broad background of people with different experience levels and goals with regards to the course. I do recommend it for people that are interested in getting a good taster of what a PT life might look like, or at the very least learn some useful knowledge about our bodies and the fuels it requires to function and develop based on your goals.
Hi Pol,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found the course interesting and fun! We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Nick and be sure to keep us updated on your journey :)

laurinec
February 11th, 2020
My tutor is Kerry Page and even though I'm only in the beginning stages of my studies, I have been made to feel confident and reassured that she has my back.
When I have had any queries she has always responded promptly and with enthusiasm.
I can highly recommend the TTR for its professional service.
Laurine Carroll
Hi Laurine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Kerry, and ensure you keep us updated on your progress!

anikar6
February 11th, 2020
I enjoyed doing the course more because of the support I received from the staff especially from my personal tutor Miss Kerry Page, she is always there to answer any questions and she constantly check up on me to see how I'm doing.
Hi Anika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you're happy with the level of support you're receiving from your tutor, and we'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry!

natalim12
February 19th, 2020
I enjoyed my course at the training room, although online learning is very hard for this type of class. Luckily for me I had a great tutor and also I have vast experience with the subject before the course. If you are new to exercise and forms, health etc then maybe you should have the class course. My tutor Luke was very nice and responsive, but again there is just so much one can do for a student via email.
Hi Natali,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll pass your feedback onto the relevant department.

krishnap35
February 18th, 2020
When i signed up for this course, i was quite nervous. I was very new to this field of education.
When i was assigned with Kerry as my tutor, it was a instant bonding.
She is the best tutor i could have. She is always there to encourage me when i need that little extra push to achieve my goal. She is doing a amazing job. I can not thank her enough. Thank you Kerry.
Hi Krishna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you're so happy with the level of tutor support received!

We'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry and be sure to keep us updated on your journey
katiei14
February 20th, 2020
I just completed my level 2 and 3 Personal Training at Birmingham Academy. The fast track course was full on but I learnt a lot of interesting and relevant things in this short time. Hasit Jethwa was a great tutor, he was very knowledgeable and made the course material engaging and easy to understand.
Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll certainly pass on your comments to Hasit!

curtisr74
February 16th, 2020
Studied at reading training room. Felt comfortable and in a great environment. My tutor was also a great help and really wanted to help everyone in the class even if it was outside class time and even after the course had finished which showed that she had a interest in her students passing as soon as possible
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you have enjoyed your course and felt you received a good level of tutor support. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

garyn153
February 20th, 2020
So far the course has been excellent Daniel Rielly has been amazing and the amount of knowledge that he is sharing is awesome
Would totally recommend this course to anyone looking to getting into fitness personal training
Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Daniel!

sonnieb1
February 22nd, 2020
Best decision of my life was to go on this course. I've got my dream job within the space of 6 weeks. I can't stress how helpful Liz shaw is as well as the people I met within the classroom !
Hi Sonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic news you've landed your dream already! We'll pass on your comments to Liz and be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

amrith1
February 19th, 2020
Daniel Reilly running this course is an encyclopaedia of knowledge providing interesting classes and engaging students to help gain this qualification.
Hi Amrit,

Thank you very much for leaving a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Daniel!

danicac6
February 1st, 2020
Disappointed that they don't take each case individually. Expected a little more communication regarding my situation and annoyed at getting the same response when they haven't listened to what I have to say. They boast a high review on trustpilot but after looking here its clear most the reviews are fake. Very disappointed
Hi Danica,

I can see that you have been in contact with our Customer Services Team regarding your situation and can see that they have responded to you and have given you support. If you remain unhappy with the support they have provided to you, please contact them again.

jadeu2
November 8th, 2019
I received a 1:0 in university, I study as a hobby but this course is SHOCKING. No support from tutors, first initial phone call was incredible (at conning me). Please avoid!!!!!!!!
dans926
August 31st, 2019
Seriously recommend avoiding the training room!!
I attended the Personal Training course years ago and due to one of their tutors leaving the company with our "exam results" apparently, they couldn't give us the qualifications.
Afterwards there was a weak attempt to rectify everything but they wasn't really bothered, I mean in the end not only did I never receive any qualifications from them but I was also £3000 out of pocket!
If your thinking of a Training course go with another company!
samp275
September 13th, 2019
A great course (Personal Training course) from start to finish. I felt that the initially daunting amount of information and things to learn was delivered excellently by my Tutor (Luke) and was made accessible and easy to understand.
I have greatly expanded my knowledge of training both myself and future clients thanks to the full time course. I also received an offer and eventually position at a Gym in my area under a month after finishing my last exam.

Great service from both tutor and customer support. Highly recommended.
joelj41
June 18th, 2019
Expensive mistake. I would completely avoid, hidden costs. Lock you into a contract and basically just laugh at you when you ask to leave. Don't run the risk because even if you want to cancel they won't let you
kylec152
May 9th, 2019
I have recently undergone the Level 2 and Level 3 in personal training. I would highly recommend The Training Room as your provider if you are looking to get into the Fitness and Personal training industry. The support from the careers adviser's and the knowledge and energy that the tutors bring is just what you need to get you into the industry. If you are based in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or any of the surrounding areas i would 100% advise getting over to the Reading training centre led by Amanda i have nothing but good words to say about her she is fantastic.
joaos36
February 14th, 2019
Stay away this is the worst company they don't care about you or your feelings. I was induced to do an IT training course and wanted to cancel they didnt do anything and now after months I'm being debited £3000 for something I never did! To everyone stop fooling yourself with the idea that this is going to give a better job this simply isn't happening! really bad company there is not easy way around them believe me they don't care about you as a person or your achievements ! I will let everyone I know to stay away from this company along with social media!
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that this has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team and Financial Ombudsman Service previously. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

deenap13
April 18th, 2019
This course was absolutely brilliant. Daniel Reilly the course tutor is fantastic at helping you learn all the practical and theoretical requirements for becoming Level 2 and Level 3 qualified in a very short space of time. Daniel brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience to each session and also brings a degree of humour to the class room and practical sessions which help with learning. This is an intense course over 11 weekends, but I would definitely recommend it to others looking to become qualified as Personal Trainers.
annag216
February 15th, 2019
They will have taken 3500k from me by time i have paid for the program i havent recieved. They miss sold the product.. and cant make resonable adjustment to ensure i come out with some qualification. I think we should come together and take it furter. This scam needs stoping...
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your review. Our customer services team would like to discuss this further with you to understand exactly what you are dissatisfied with to see if they can come to a resolution with you. Please contact them on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

tp100
December 25th, 2018
So the course was great the tutors were really helpful, the course is obviously only 3 days in the first week and 2 days a week for the remaining 4 weeks this is the full time course. I think personally if you can soak up information and have a lot of spare time this course is for you if you take a little longer learning donthe part time course as it gives you more time to study but overall I'd recommend the training room.
malika26
April 18th, 2019
I have done a lot of courses and been training for 16 years now and this is by far the best course I had. It's hard and intense but the reason I fell in love with this course was my tutor Daniel Reilly who did everything to make it possible for me. He would help you and support you in any way he can. He is professional and knowledgeable who made me had the best experience ever. I really recommend it for anyone looking to start his career.
esmes1
February 5th, 2019
The sign up was quick and efficient. The course itself was very intense, but if you focus it is possible. Lyndsey was our tutor and she was very friendly. When we asked for revision help, she found time during the day to try go through some of it with us. The job support team got me an interview with a gym, although I'm not sure if I'll be taking it. Would have been helpful to get a bit more time in the gym doing practical work, but understand that there is a small time window.
Hi Esme,

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed most aspects of the course and have found it worthwhile. I will be sure to pass on your constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

indiac5
March 14th, 2019
I have had a really good experience doing the personal training course i have learnt so much that i will definitely take with me. my tutor hasit has been great and explained everything really well! topics i never thought i would understand i now do and i managed to pass my course.
Hi India,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are delighted that you had a such a positive experience on your personal training course.

samueld64
January 4th, 2019
Was very well run on the 11 days of teaching, very relaxed structure and good atmosphere to learn in. Ideally there would have been more focus around revision in the class as that was much more challenging then the practical side.
All course tutors were very friendly and easy to contact, and they provided good helpful advice throughout both academic and job wise after qualifying.
Hi Samuel,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We are delighted that you found our tutors both friendly and easy to contact. I will also pass on your feedback about revision in the class.

The Training Room

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -.,