The Training Room

The Training Room has a consumer rating of 3.93 stars from 70 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Training Room also ranks 7th among Job Training sites.

• I completed my fast track course in Hatfield February 2020 with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly.
  • The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications.

• ** Please understand this is my experience/review of the Security Technologist course in IT section.
  • They promise you a job after completion and career support for three years.
How would you rate The Training Room?

“I completed the course and now work as a Java...”

Jack M.
12/17/17

I completed the Software developer course and am now Microsoft Systems expert along with my Oracle OCA Java and now work as a Java programmer earning £28k. I am so thankful to the training room as they supported me all they way and made it easy for me to get through the material in three months and start my role. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the IT industry as they provide the right qualifications that employers are looking for all around the world and the support is excellent with a permanent job at the end. It's the best decision I have made in my life!

“Didn't offer the service I signed up for”

jo b.
5/11/19

I was promised course material and exam fees to be paid, even re-sits plus dedicated tutors to offer expert advise. I was unsure of signing up and was told I had 10 days to cancel. So I looked through the material and called to cancel within the 10 days but was advised i could not cancel because i opened the material. The tutor was none existent, I got an e mail reply directing me to online websites for help there was never any advice or knowledge shared by a tutor in the company. I had to make a complaint to the financial ombusman as the company refused to pay for an exam re-sit but after getting evidence of the call where the agent promised to cover re-sits the company had no choice to cover the cost. I passed 3 out of 4 exams I had to use 3rd party websites because the training room had no tutor to help me. I have about 1 year left in my contract and the company collect over £100 from my account each month but they are not offering me the career support they promised. I last received any contact from the company 4 months ago and they have never offered me any advice on finding work. I sent them my cv last year for advice and they replied to say 'yes that looks fine' they never offered any advice. I am currently making my second complaint to the financial ombusman as they have breached the terms of my agreement by not offering the support they promised. My advice to anyone looking at this company would be stay away.

course (54) career support (6) tutor daniel reilly (4) level 2 (4) level 3 (5) track course (3) course material (3)
kruzs
February 26th, 2020
This course has been absolutely superb! There's a lot of material provided with this course which is all very interesting and very useful for both before and after the course. The online portal was also great for revision which has been put together very well covering important subjects in depth, with the bonus of interactive questions to test your knowledge.
My course tutor Hasit Jethwa, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. There was a lot to cover in this course in a very short amount of time, but Hasit was always happy to help, in class, after class and via email. His teaching/delivery of this course was outstanding! Especially due to how much we had to get through!
I'd highly recommend The Training Room!
Hi Kruz,

Thank you very much for leaving a review. It's great news that you found the online portal to prove useful, and we're glad you were happy with the level of tutor support provided! We'll certainly pass on your comments to Hasit
andyl338
February 26th, 2020
Did this course full time and whilst a little confused over information sent pre course, once the course was underway it all made perfect sense. Big recognition to tutor on this "Hasit Jethwa" who was great at guiding us through the various stages and coaching us in the gym environment. It is intense and if you are not used to studying then clear your diaries as its 6+ weeks of intense work but massively rewarding to qualify Level 2 and 3 Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found the course and studying to be rewarding! We'll be sure to pass on your kind feedback to Hasit!

sonnieb1
February 22nd, 2020
Best decision of my life was to go on this course. I've got my dream job within the space of 6 weeks. I can't stress how helpful Liz shaw is as well as the people I met within the classroom !
Hi Sonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic news you've landed your dream already! We'll pass on your comments to Liz and be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

garyn153
February 20th, 2020
So far the course has been excellent Daniel Rielly has been amazing and the amount of knowledge that he is sharing is awesome
Would totally recommend this course to anyone looking to getting into fitness personal training
Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Daniel!

katiei14
February 20th, 2020
I just completed my level 2 and 3 Personal Training at Birmingham Academy. The fast track course was full on but I learnt a lot of interesting and relevant things in this short time. Hasit Jethwa was a great tutor, he was very knowledgeable and made the course material engaging and easy to understand.
Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll certainly pass on your comments to Hasit!

amrith1
February 19th, 2020
Daniel Reilly running this course is an encyclopaedia of knowledge providing interesting classes and engaging students to help gain this qualification.
Hi Amrit,

Thank you very much for leaving a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Daniel!

aleksandrad6
February 19th, 2020
I completed my fast track course in Hatfield February 2020 with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly. This course was absolutely brilliant. Daniel brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience to each session, every lesson was very interesting. Explanation is amazing! Would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble in understanding ( English is my second language ). Their customer service is fantastic. ( friendly and helpful) also when you have mess in your life
Honestly great feedback! Very constructive sessions. Thanks so much Daniel !
Aleksandra
Hi Aleksandra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you felt your sessions were interesting and constructive!

We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Daniel and please keep us updated on your journey.

natalim12
February 19th, 2020
I enjoyed my course at the training room, although online learning is very hard for this type of class. Luckily for me I had a great tutor and also I have vast experience with the subject before the course. If you are new to exercise and forms, health etc then maybe you should have the class course. My tutor Luke was very nice and responsive, but again there is just so much one can do for a student via email.
Hi Natali,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll pass your feedback onto the relevant department.

krishnap35
February 18th, 2020
When i signed up for this course, i was quite nervous. I was very new to this field of education.
When i was assigned with Kerry as my tutor, it was a instant bonding.
She is the best tutor i could have. She is always there to encourage me when i need that little extra push to achieve my goal. She is doing a amazing job. I can not thank her enough. Thank you Kerry.
Hi Krishna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you're so happy with the level of tutor support received!

We'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry and be sure to keep us updated on your journey
maxw100
February 17th, 2020
I completed my fast track course in Norwich with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly.

Dan was a great tutor very friendly and approachable, who always offered help and guidance where needed and was always on hand to answer any questions I had. He has a vast amount of knowledge both on the gym floor and in the classroom which helped me endlessly reach the goal I've been after.

One downside to the course is that although it's the fast track (5 week) course there is a massive amount of information to take in and being only 2 days a week I feel this can be slightly rushed to make sure all topics are covered, this can add stress to make sure everything is in on time. So I feel it could benefit by having more days a week.

Other than that I feel I've learnt a lot and will enter the fitness Industry as prepared as possible and am excited to see what the future holds as a personal trainer, again thanks to my tutor.

Many thanks
Max Wright
Hi Max,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and for your constructive feedback. We're so glad you've benefited from your tutor support - we'll certainly let Daniel know!

Please ensure you keep us updated on your journey :)

or31
February 17th, 2020
Really enjoying the PT course. It's mega intense BUT we are Super lucky to have a tutor like Daniel Rilley who is a fountain of knowledge & very helpful. So thank you :) !
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great news you've enjoyed your course and felt you've had good tutor support! We'll certainly pass on your comments to Daniel
georgiej2
February 16th, 2020
I'm basing my review on my fantastic tutor Amanda, who has been amazing at helping me through my level 3 personal training. I was assigned Amanda following a very disappointing experience with my initial tutor where the level of communication was very poor. Unfortunately it took 5 weeks of complaining and countless phone calls BUT once I moved tutors I quickly sailed through my course and have already got a job as a PT. I would strongly recommend opting to do the course from an academy (if possible) instead of online as initially I did have to do a lot of chasing. I also think it's pot luck as to what tutor you get assigned to. I definitely don't think I would have qualified so fast if I hadn't stuck to my guns and complained but equally this shouldn't have to happen in the first place! Thank you Amanda for being so sufficient and helpful!
Hi Georgie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's really great news that you were able to do so well with Amanda - and it's incredible that you've already landed a job! Congratulations
curtisr74
February 16th, 2020
Studied at reading training room. Felt comfortable and in a great environment. My tutor was also a great help and really wanted to help everyone in the class even if it was outside class time and even after the course had finished which showed that she had a interest in her students passing as soon as possible
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you have enjoyed your course and felt you received a good level of tutor support. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

pols2
February 14th, 2020
I have attended the 5-week intensive course for L3 with Nick Hewett in the London Academy. Although there is a lot of work to get done in a very short time, it's also very interesting and quite fun! The group I am with is diverse with a broad background of people with different experience levels and goals with regards to the course. I do recommend it for people that are interested in getting a good taster of what a PT life might look like, or at the very least learn some useful knowledge about our bodies and the fuels it requires to function and develop based on your goals.
Hi Pol,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found the course interesting and fun! We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Nick and be sure to keep us updated on your journey :)

laurinec
February 11th, 2020
My tutor is Kerry Page and even though I'm only in the beginning stages of my studies, I have been made to feel confident and reassured that she has my back.
When I have had any queries she has always responded promptly and with enthusiasm.
I can highly recommend the TTR for its professional service.
Laurine Carroll
Hi Laurine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Kerry, and ensure you keep us updated on your progress!

anikar6
February 11th, 2020
I enjoyed doing the course more because of the support I received from the staff especially from my personal tutor Miss Kerry Page, she is always there to answer any questions and she constantly check up on me to see how I'm doing.
Hi Anika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you're happy with the level of support you're receiving from your tutor, and we'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry!

danicac6
February 1st, 2020
Disappointed that they don't take each case individually. Expected a little more communication regarding my situation and annoyed at getting the same response when they haven't listened to what I have to say. They boast a high review on trustpilot but after looking here its clear most the reviews are fake. Very disappointed
Hi Danica,

I can see that you have been in contact with our Customer Services Team regarding your situation and can see that they have responded to you and have given you support. If you remain unhappy with the support they have provided to you, please contact them again.

liama22
November 27th, 2019
Signed up for a PT course which I was fully committed to. Had issues signing into the portal, something which if you do voids any rights you have about cancellation which nobody advised me about until after I said I couldn't partake. After 4 days of issues i advises I couldn't take part in the course due to personal circumstances and still tried to convince me to stay. I maintained I couldn't do the course, even offered to waive my singing up fee, something I'm not bothered about, and still they hounded me saying I have to do the course as I logged onto the portal, albeit with issues and now I have to continue the payments. Well I'm not, I'm financially unable to keep up with the payments which I've told you number plus times yet nobody listens or understands or wants to help
Hi Liam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Regrettably, after reviewing your details, this 1 star review isn’t a true reflection of your journey with The Training Room. Your concerns about the course have been investigated and responded to by our Customer Services Manager. All of the information and documentation regarding the course of interest is sent to all of our students to review.

If you remain dissatisfied with the response you have received, please contact our Customer Services Team on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

jadeu2
November 8th, 2019
I received a 1:0 in university, I study as a hobby but this course is SHOCKING. No support from tutors, first initial phone call was incredible (at conning me). Please avoid!!!!!!!!
sams663
October 2nd, 2019
I attended the first day in which I had to leave just after lunch as I was extremely unwell from an ongoing medical condition, I was then unable to attend the course, after speaking with the training rooms they advised as I had turned up it then meant I had to pay for the course, or attend any other, by this time they had stopped the course in Liverpool, I was advised I would have to attend Manchester, I agreed, 3 days before the course was due to commence I had an email advising they would no longer be running the beauty course, but again I would still need to pay! I'm summary I will be paying nearly £3000 for half a day
samp275
September 13th, 2019
A great course (Personal Training course) from start to finish. I felt that the initially daunting amount of information and things to learn was delivered excellently by my Tutor (Luke) and was made accessible and easy to understand.
I have greatly expanded my knowledge of training both myself and future clients thanks to the full time course. I also received an offer and eventually position at a Gym in my area under a month after finishing my last exam.

Great service from both tutor and customer support. Highly recommended.
dans926
August 31st, 2019
Seriously recommend avoiding the training room!!
I attended the Personal Training course years ago and due to one of their tutors leaving the company with our "exam results" apparently, they couldn't give us the qualifications.
Afterwards there was a weak attempt to rectify everything but they wasn't really bothered, I mean in the end not only did I never receive any qualifications from them but I was also £3000 out of pocket!
If your thinking of a Training course go with another company!
joelj41
June 18th, 2019
Expensive mistake. I would completely avoid, hidden costs. Lock you into a contract and basically just laugh at you when you ask to leave. Don't run the risk because even if you want to cancel they won't let you
karinal24
June 10th, 2019
After signing up for a course I called and explained to a member of staff that due to personal reasons I did not think I would be able to complete a module let alone the whole course, I was told that I would be sent a document via email to confirm that I would not like to go ahead with the course. After not receiving any documents I assumed this had been cancelled on their end. I NEVER submitted any assignment or used any of the services they have to offer. I have just realised that a monthly sum for this course has still been coming out of my bank. I emailed to explain the situation and was told that as I had a LOOK at the material online a handful of times I will now have to pay £9000. Please do not use this company and if you are considering it please make sure you really ask questions and be aware about what you're getting yourself in to.
Hi Karina,

I can see that you have been in communication with our Customer Services Department who have been looking after you with regards to the concerns you raise here. We would like to note that there are defamatory statements made in this review that are simply not true. If you would like to discuss this further please contact our customer services team at customerservices@thetrainingroom.com.

job161
May 11th, 2019

My advice to anyone looking at this company would be stay away.
Hi Connor,

Our customer services team are currently investigating your concerns. They will be in contact with you as soon as possible. If you need anything else please contact our customer services team directly on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com and they will be happy to assist you.

The Training Room

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -.,