The Training Room

The Training Room has a consumer rating of 3.62 stars from 85 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Training Room also ranks 13th among Job Training sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 18 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 68.6%

• The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications.
  • Although the 5 weeks were incredibly intensive, I found them very rewarding and fun.

• ** Please understand this is my experience/review of the Security Technologist course in IT section.
  • They promise you a job after completion and career support for three years.
How would you rate The Training Room?

“AMAZING”

Heather W.
3/8/20

Absolutely LOVED this course. Had the best tutor in the world Luke. He explained things so simply and made the second language of anatomy&physiology so much easier to understand. I will be pushing any friends of mine interested to go through this company because it's organised, easy to follow and jam packed of everything needed to know to be successful. Very excited to get started now into looking for a job in my home town of Nottingham :)

“Disappointed”

Danica C.
2/1/20

Disappointed that they don't take each case individually. Expected a little more communication regarding my situation and annoyed at getting the same response when they haven't listened to what I have to say. They boast a high review on trustpilot but after looking here its clear most the reviews are fake. Very disappointed

course (69) level 2 (6) career support (6) 5 weeks (5) tutor daniel reilly (4) london academy (3) course material (3) level 3 (7) track course (3)
heatherw374
Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Luke!

danicac6
February 1st, 2020
Hi Danica,

I can see that you have been in contact with our Customer Services Team regarding your situation and can see that they have responded to you and have given you support. If you remain unhappy with the support they have provided to you, please contact them again.

zacb20
May 10th, 2020
I enrolled with the Training Room to gain my Level 3 PT via the online learning. Luke my tutor was very good and supported me through out my course. I had 3 years to finish the course which really help as I had a car accident 6 months in to it which held me back for over a year and most other providers only give you 2 years.
I really did enjoying attending the CPD course as they was fun and Nick at the London Academy made me feel at ease when doing my exams.
Hi Zac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Luke and Nick!

lydiam102
March 2nd, 2020
The support I received from my tutor Luke was outstanding. He was prompt and very detailed when replying to queries regarding my coursework or assessments. Nothing was too much trouble! I have really enjoyed doing the course and the extra CPD courses that were also included. I don't want my learning to stop here, no doubt I will use the training room again for further education in the future.
A massive thank you to Luke for all of your help, patience and support, it was greatly appreciated.
Hi Lydia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Luke!

annc535
May 13th, 2020
I paid £1299 upfront for TQUK Level 3. This is a recognised qualification in England but NOT in Scotland. The Training Room are aware of this but do not disclose it. When I contacted customer services I was informed that it was MY RESPONSIBILITY to check this before I paid for it. As a good will gesture they offered me an extra certificate in anti bullying in schools which is not recognised in Scotland either. IF YOUR SCOTTISH I WOULD AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. I have been duped out of £1299. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
Hi Ann,

Thank you for your comments, we can see that you have raised this with our Customer Services Team in order for them to review your case in more detail. They will of course reach back out to you as soon as practicably possible.

I am disappointed that you have chosen to comment on this forum before having our final response on the matter as your comments are not a clear reflection of the situation. We look forward to speaking to you to clarify matters soon.

seanag
March 4th, 2020
I really enjoyed this course with my great help from a fantastic tutor Liz Shaw. Highly recommend to anyone looking to get into personal training
Hi Seana,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Liz!

andyl338
February 26th, 2020
Did this course full time and whilst a little confused over information sent pre course, once the course was underway it all made perfect sense. Big recognition to tutor on this "Hasit Jethwa" who was great at guiding us through the various stages and coaching us in the gym environment. It is intense and if you are not used to studying then clear your diaries as its 6+ weeks of intense work but massively rewarding to qualify Level 2 and 3 Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found the course and studying to be rewarding! We'll be sure to pass on your kind feedback to Hasit!

aleksandrad6
February 19th, 2020
I completed my fast track course in Hatfield February 2020 with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly. This course was absolutely brilliant. Daniel brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience to each session, every lesson was very interesting. Explanation is amazing! Would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble in understanding ( English is my second language). Their customer service is fantastic. ( friendly and helpful) also when you have mess in your life
Honestly great feedback! Very constructive sessions. Thanks so much Daniel!
Aleksandra
Hi Aleksandra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you felt your sessions were interesting and constructive!

We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Daniel and please keep us updated on your journey.

natalim12
February 19th, 2020
I enjoyed my course at the training room, although online learning is very hard for this type of class. Luckily for me I had a great tutor and also I have vast experience with the subject before the course. If you are new to exercise and forms, health etc then maybe you should have the class course. My tutor Luke was very nice and responsive, but again there is just so much one can do for a student via email.
Hi Natali,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll pass your feedback onto the relevant department.

or31
February 17th, 2020
Really enjoying the PT course. It's mega intense BUT we are Super lucky to have a tutor like Daniel Rilley who is a fountain of knowledge & very helpful. So thank you :) !
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great news you've enjoyed your course and felt you've had good tutor support! We'll certainly pass on your comments to Daniel
rehnellb
May 15th, 2020
Awful customer service, extremely pushy I am currently looking after a now terminally ill family member and I am still within 14 days from signing up and they are refusing to let me cancel my course. Now seeking legal action. Don't let this happen to you!
Hi Rehnell,

Thank you for your review. We can see that your concerns had been raised with our Customer Services Manager in March 2020 and had been reviewed in detail. A reasonable resolution had been provided to where you had been in acceptance of this as per your communications. If you remain unhappy with this resolution, please get back in touch with our Customer Services Team on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com and I am sure they will be happy to assist you where possible.

pols2
February 14th, 2020
I have attended the 5-week intensive course for L3 with Nick Hewett in the London Academy. Although there is a lot of work to get done in a very short time, it's also very interesting and quite fun! The group I am with is diverse with a broad background of people with different experience levels and goals with regards to the course. I do recommend it for people that are interested in getting a good taster of what a PT life might look like, or at the very least learn some useful knowledge about our bodies and the fuels it requires to function and develop based on your goals.
Hi Pol,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found the course interesting and fun! We'll certainly pass on your feedback to Nick and be sure to keep us updated on your journey:)

curtisr74
February 16th, 2020
Studied at reading training room. Felt comfortable and in a great environment. My tutor was also a great help and really wanted to help everyone in the class even if it was outside class time and even after the course had finished which showed that she had a interest in her students passing as soon as possible
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you have enjoyed your course and felt you received a good level of tutor support. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

jakew135
March 8th, 2020
I spoke with one of the representatives on the phone over a week ago regarding the cancellation of my place on the personal trainer course commencing in April. After sending multiple emails and phone calls with no reply...
I was told that if I cancelled before 14 days of the initial payment ( which I did) than I would get a full refund which still has not been credited back onto the account.
When booking I was told that the deposit for the course was £200 but in fact £289.85 was removed from the account with no recepts with I was told would be forwarded on to me.
I have send numerous emails with no reply.
We have spoken with the bank and shall be taking this further!
Hi there,

We are sorry to hear this, please can you contact our Customer Services Team at your earliest convenience on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com so that this concern can be reviewed in more detail for you.

amrith1
February 19th, 2020
Daniel Reilly running this course is an encyclopaedia of knowledge providing interesting classes and engaging students to help gain this qualification.
Hi Amrit,

Thank you very much for leaving a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Daniel!

maxw100
February 17th, 2020
I completed my fast track course in Norwich with the help and guidance from my tutor Daniel Reilly.

Dan was a great tutor very friendly and approachable, who always offered help and guidance where needed and was always on hand to answer any questions I had. He has a vast amount of knowledge both on the gym floor and in the classroom which helped me endlessly reach the goal I've been after.

One downside to the course is that although it's the fast track (5 week) course there is a massive amount of information to take in and being only 2 days a week I feel this can be slightly rushed to make sure all topics are covered, this can add stress to make sure everything is in on time. So I feel it could benefit by having more days a week.

Other than that I feel I've learnt a lot and will enter the fitness Industry as prepared as possible and am excited to see what the future holds as a personal trainer, again thanks to my tutor.

Many thanks
Max Wright
Hi Max,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and for your constructive feedback. We're so glad you've benefited from your tutor support - we'll certainly let Daniel know!

Please ensure you keep us updated on your journey:)

shanicek2
March 2nd, 2020
This course definitely exceeded expectations. With completing both a level 2 & 3 qualification in the space of 5 weeks I had concerns around how I would successfully achieve this, however I did! I believe this is down to the delivery of the course by my tutor Luke Crossley. He gave us clear guidance on timescales and when best to complete activities, he was open and honest about the level of commitment and this definitely set the whole team up for success. His passion and commitment to our success made the course what it was. I have not just completed the course but I have also made 5 new PT connections in my course friends. I would recommend this course to anyone.
Hi Shanice,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We'll certainly pass on your kind feedback to Luke!

krishnap35
February 18th, 2020
When i signed up for this course, i was quite nervous. I was very new to this field of education.
When i was assigned with Kerry as my tutor, it was a instant bonding.
She is the best tutor i could have. She is always there to encourage me when i need that little extra push to achieve my goal. She is doing a amazing job. I can not thank her enough. Thank you Kerry.
Hi Krishna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you're so happy with the level of tutor support received!

We'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry and be sure to keep us updated on your journey
katiei14
February 20th, 2020
I just completed my level 2 and 3 Personal Training at Birmingham Academy. The fast track course was full on but I learnt a lot of interesting and relevant things in this short time. Hasit Jethwa was a great tutor, he was very knowledgeable and made the course material engaging and easy to understand.
Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll certainly pass on your comments to Hasit!

ryanr459
August 17th, 2020
Everything the low rating comments say is true, because I'm experiencing it now. Course fees to much
Hi Ryan

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry that you feel the fees are too high and that you are experiencing difficulties at the moment. It is our understanding that you are discussing these concerns at present with our Customer Services Team who are working with you to further support you with your course progression and concerns raised.

kirstiep4
March 8th, 2020
I had a really great experience with The Training Room. Although the 5 weeks were incredibly intensive, I found them very rewarding and fun. Liz at the London Academy was a really brilliant tutor. She really went the extra mile to make sure we all had the information we needed and was fun, engaging and educational in class. We had a lovely group of about 18 of us and a lot of us are still in touch. The online portal was good too - but be prepared to be proactive. You'll need to pay attention to deadlines and ideally get the reading done ahead of the course. There's a lot of work! This short-course isn't for the faint hearted!
Hi Kirstie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll certainly pass on your comments to Liz!

Be sure to keep us updated on your journey
jadeu2
November 8th, 2019
I received a 1:0 in university, I study as a hobby but this course is SHOCKING. No support from tutors, first initial phone call was incredible (at conning me). Please avoid!
sonnieb1
February 22nd, 2020
Best decision of my life was to go on this course. I've got my dream job within the space of 6 weeks. I can't stress how helpful Liz shaw is as well as the people I met within the classroom!
Hi Sonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic news you've landed your dream already! We'll pass on your comments to Liz and be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

dans926
August 31st, 2019
Seriously recommend avoiding the training room!
I attended the Personal Training course years ago and due to one of their tutors leaving the company with our "exam results" apparently, they couldn't give us the qualifications.
Afterwards there was a weak attempt to rectify everything but they wasn't really bothered, I mean in the end not only did I never receive any qualifications from them but I was also £3000 out of pocket!
If your thinking of a Training course go with another company!
joaos36
February 14th, 2019
Stay away this is the worst company they don't care about you or your feelings. I was induced to do an IT training course and wanted to cancel they didnt do anything and now after months I'm being debited £3000 for something I never did! To everyone stop fooling yourself with the idea that this is going to give a better job this simply isn't happening! Really bad company there is not easy way around them believe me they don't care about you as a person or your achievements! I will let everyone I know to stay away from this company along with social media!
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that this has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team and Financial Ombudsman Service previously. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

The Training Room

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -.,