The Training Room

The Training Room has a consumer rating of 3.52 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Training Room also ranks 30th among Job Training sites.

• The Training Room is a really great choice for getting your Level 2 and 3 PT qualifications.

• ** Please understand this is my experience/review of the Security Technologist course in IT section.
  • They promise you a job after completion and career support for three years.
How would you rate The Training Room?

“I completed the course and now work as a Java...”

Jack M.
12/17/17

I completed the Software developer course and am now Microsoft Systems expert along with my Oracle OCA Java and now work as a Java programmer earning £28k. I am so thankful to the training room as they supported me all they way and made it easy for me to get through the material in three months and start my role. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the IT industry as they provide the right qualifications that employers are looking for all around the world and the support is excellent with a permanent job at the end. It's the best decision I have made in my life!

“RIP OFF Security Technologist course!!”

Jack S.
3/10/18

Short story: £3300 out of pocket, completed all self-study material super quick, got the certs, but no job like advert advertised, constant "no jobs available" or "partners not doing recruitment drive atm" replies from their career support. ** Please understand this is my experience/review of the Security Technologist course in IT section. I can't comment on their other courses. ** Long story: Saw an ad on indeed.co.uk regarding becoming a trainee cyber security analyst, which said job is dependent upon the successful completion of their training. I found the exact same advert in different cities as well. So I ended up on TTR website and gave them my contact details as I was interested in knowing more especially how much the course was as there is no pricing at all. I only knew afterwards why they don't put pricing because it's so high (£3250 (course) +£50 (registration)). An "assessor" called me soon after asking why I was interested in the course to see if I would be suitable. But it was actually to make it seem that the course was filling up and selective on candidates, which is completely not true. "Assessors" are actually sales people if they get you to pay for course they get commission. My assessor gave me a lot of statistics and info about cyber security jobs and how much they pay especially with the certs they are training you for. At that point he told me the price of the course £3250. I was hesitant due to price but the assessor kept giving me "facts" about jobs I could get into and why I would waste this chance. He even said if price was a problem, I could take out a loan through them. I thought that's good since I won't have to pay a lump sum, but I then found out the interest rates were absolutely insane and charged daily. **NOTE: DO NOT ever take out a loan through them!! So the sweet talk continued. In the end, I was a sucker and I bought into all that sweet talk as I was desperate for a job. I paid fully and even paid another £50 for registration fees (although it was supposed to be £100 but my assessor gave me a "special deal"), and the assessor sent me more course info, with someone else sending me the course login info. I logged in to the course material and later found out that TTR uses their own site as a portal to use UCertify.com courseware. I went on UCertify's site to see how much the courses were, only to find they were actually considerably cheaper than what TTR charged. I tried to get a refund, but they hit back with their Terms and Conditions, pointing out "which I agreed to", saying because I accessed their online material I could no longer get any refund. **NOTE: DO NOT access their online material within cool-off period (14 days) for full refund claim. **NOTE: Read ToC. **NOTE: Skip TTR the middleman, and go straight to the learning provider for the same but much cheaper courses. I was annoyed, but if passing the training could get me a job then whatever. Through the course I was assigned a mentor and supposed to get regular contact. But I never had a single email or phone call from him. The course material from UCertify was actually good and helped me to pass the certification exams. I passed everything in 4 months and completed my "training". Got in contact with career support, and they asked me to update my CV so they could give to their partners. I thought they would be able to find me a position very soon as the advert said "job on successful completion of training". I heard nothing back after 2 weeks and got in touch to be told their partners are not doing recruitment drives at the moment, and then he said he will keep circulating my CV to the partners and contact me when something comes up. Needless to say I have not heard back and today marks roughly 5 months since my last correspondence with career support. **NOTE: TTR is a middleman company, charging sky-high fees for their IT courses that they did not create. **NOTE: TTR most likely won't be able to get you a job after the IT training. Thankfully I have moved on to better things through my own diligence, but I write this review as a warning to others!

course (43) career support (6) level 3 (5) level 2 (3)
jackm223
December 17th, 2017

joaos36
February 14th, 2019
Stay away this is the worst company they don't care about you or your feelings. I was induced to do an IT training course and wanted to cancel they didnt do anything and now after months I'm being debited £3000 for something I never did! To everyone stop fooling yourself with the idea that this is going to give a better job this simply isn't happening! really bad company there is not easy way around them believe me they don't care about you as a person or your achievements ! I will let everyone I know to stay away from this company along with social media!
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your review. Upon review of this and your journey with The Training Room, it would appear that this has been reviewed and responded to by our Customer Services Team and Financial Ombudsman Service previously. If you remain unsatisfied with this, please contact them again on customerservices@thetrainingroom.com to discuss further.

robertd277
March 8th, 2017
COMPLETE SCAM - I signed up with The Training Room to begin a Software Development course. I then had second thoughts about my ability to complete the course. During a telephone conversation with The Training Room, they advised me to not make any rash decisions about withdrawing from the course and I WAS TOLD TO ACCESS THE ONLINE STUDY MATERIALS BEFORE DECIDING TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COURSE. When I contacted them to confirm I did not want to continue with the course, they said - 'BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY ACCESSED THE ONLINE STUDY MATERIALS, YOU ARE NOW LIABLE TO THE FULL £3000 TUITION FEES.'
tp100
December 25th, 2018
So the course was great the tutors were really helpful, the course is obviously only 3 days in the first week and 2 days a week for the remaining 4 weeks this is the full time course. I think personally if you can soak up information and have a lot of spare time this course is for you if you take a little longer learning donthe part time course as it gives you more time to study but overall I'd recommend the training room.
leoa36
May 24th, 2018
In all fairness, I have found the opposite to what the majority seem to be saying. Signing up was a bit tedious but after that point - Ive loved it. Received a phone call very quick from the career support team who were very informative and nice and Im 6 weeks into training to become a trained professional in health and social care. So far so good. Will keep you posted but overall, loving it...
danielb317
April 11th, 2018
The course I took was the web development and design course and it was fantastic. Just for starting the course I received a free laptop which was a really good bonus. The course it self was great. The tutor who was assigned to me was a great help. I could not have finished the course with his help.Good value for money and I would recommend them to anyone.

From this qualification I now have a job as a software developer and do web design and development in my own time as a freelancer.
joelj41
June 18th, 2019
Expensive mistake. I would completely avoid, hidden costs. Lock you into a contract and basically just laugh at you when you ask to leave. Don't run the risk because even if you want to cancel they won't let you
dans926
August 31st, 2019
Seriously recommend avoiding the training room!!
I attended the Personal Training course years ago and due to one of their tutors leaving the company with our "exam results" apparently, they couldn't give us the qualifications.
Afterwards there was a weak attempt to rectify everything but they wasn't really bothered, I mean in the end not only did I never receive any qualifications from them but I was also £3000 out of pocket!
If your thinking of a Training course go with another company!
pols2
February 14th, 2020
I have attended the 5-week intensive course for L3 with Nick Hewett in the London Academy. Although there is a lot of work to get done in a very short time, it's also very interesting and quite fun! The group I am with is diverse with a broad background of people with different experience levels and goals with regards to the course. I do recommend it for people that are interested in getting a good taster of what a PT life might look like, or at the very least learn some useful knowledge about our bodies and the fuels it requires to function and develop based on your goals.
laurinec
February 11th, 2020
My tutor is Kerry Page and even though I'm only in the beginning stages of my studies, I have been made to feel confident and reassured that she has my back.
When I have had any queries she has always responded promptly and with enthusiasm.
I can highly recommend the TTR for its professional service.
Laurine Carroll
Hi Laurine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Kerry, and ensure you keep us updated on your progress!

dannyc116
September 11th, 2018
Having looked on their website it's because clear that they have cherry picked their reviews. Feefo boast a 4.6/5 which is FARR from the truth! They have taken £4000 of my money.. failed to load me onto a course I requested and then have the audacity to tell me my guarantee period has ended. I had supplied proof of my emails being unanswered and yet they're calling me a liar! Going to leave a review everyday until someone takes note of this and puts an end to their appualing attitude towards customers.
anikar6
February 11th, 2020
I enjoyed doing the course more because of the support I received from the staff especially from my personal tutor Miss Kerry Page, she is always there to answer any questions and she constantly check up on me to see how I'm doing.
Hi Anika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you're happy with the level of support you're receiving from your tutor, and we'll certainly pass on your comments to Kerry!

daves306
April 20th, 2018
• Updated review
I think enough is enough. I have set up a website thetrainingroomreviews.com and we are interested to hear from people who have been scammed by The Training Room. The more people come forward the better chances we have as a group to hire lawyers and initiate a Group Action Lawsuit against these scammers. If you have lost your hard-earned money to this loan shark then do not hesitate to contact us through the contact form on the website.
Beware of these criminal scammers!!!
April 16th, 2018
• Previous review
DO NOT TAKE THEIR LOAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! I have been taken to court by them when I refused to pay and I will have to pay over £5500 for their scammy training. It's unthinkable that Croydon County Court supported these criminals. Shame on you Croydon County Court!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away or you'll regret it

brads75
June 15th, 2017
Stay away from it. It cost me around 3000 pounds and long months of learning.
The content absolute rubbish! They teach you how to use Skype under the fancy naming of the subject. They promise you a job after completion and career support for three years. They simply pass your CV to the recruitment agencies and tell you there is no job for you at the moment !!! Currently, trying to get my money back and warn people.
danw138
April 2nd, 2018
Very friendly and enthusiastic sales guy, job guarantee seemed worth the money, but the quality of the software developer training is absolutely appalling. I have pointed out several of these issues to TTR but because the course is provided by another company they refuse to accept any responsibility. Don't pay the money to proof-read another company's shoddy work!
radhikap6
March 20th, 2018
I am grateful to all the tutors for supporting me all throughout this course. Really enjoyed working through the web development course.
samp275
September 13th, 2019
A great course (Personal Training course) from start to finish. I felt that the initially daunting amount of information and things to learn was delivered excellently by my Tutor (Luke) and was made accessible and easy to understand.
I have greatly expanded my knowledge of training both myself and future clients thanks to the full time course. I also received an offer and eventually position at a Gym in my area under a month after finishing my last exam.

Great service from both tutor and customer support. Highly recommended.
esmes1
February 5th, 2019
The sign up was quick and efficient. The course itself was very intense, but if you focus it is possible. Lyndsey was our tutor and she was very friendly. When we asked for revision help, she found time during the day to try go through some of it with us. The job support team got me an interview with a gym, although I'm not sure if I'll be taking it. Would have been helpful to get a bit more time in the gym doing practical work, but understand that there is a small time window.
Hi Esme,

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed most aspects of the course and have found it worthwhile. I will be sure to pass on your constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

kylec152
May 9th, 2019
I have recently undergone the Level 2 and Level 3 in personal training. I would highly recommend The Training Room as your provider if you are looking to get into the Fitness and Personal training industry. The support from the careers adviser's and the knowledge and energy that the tutors bring is just what you need to get you into the industry. If you are based in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or any of the surrounding areas i would 100% advise getting over to the Reading training centre led by Amanda i have nothing but good words to say about her she is fantastic.
jadeu2
November 8th, 2019
I received a 1:0 in university, I study as a hobby but this course is SHOCKING. No support from tutors, first initial phone call was incredible (at conning me). Please avoid!!!!!!!!
claret17
December 5th, 2018
The Training Room training for Level two and three is tuned in to learners needs,trundles along swiftly,is task orientated,toned,trim & tremendous fun.Turn up and train
curtisr74
February 16th, 2020
Studied at reading training room. Felt comfortable and in a great environment. My tutor was also a great help and really wanted to help everyone in the class even if it was outside class time and even after the course had finished which showed that she had a interest in her students passing as soon as possible
danicac6
February 1st, 2020
Disappointed that they don't take each case individually. Expected a little more communication regarding my situation and annoyed at getting the same response when they haven't listened to what I have to say. They boast a high review on trustpilot but after looking here its clear most the reviews are fake. Very disappointed
Hi Danica,

I can see that you have been in contact with our Customer Services Team regarding your situation and can see that they have responded to you and have given you support. If you remain unhappy with the support they have provided to you, please contact them again.

melaniew93
December 4th, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I felt the content along with the class size was excellent. Luke was extremely knowledgable and delivered the course in such a way that it was also fun rather than just getting show power points. I felt I could contribute without feeling silly and the different teaching tools made it enjoyable. The opportunities to practice in the gym were also plentiful.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in becoming a personal trainer.
connorf11
December 5th, 2018
From day one Jenna was superb with us all as a collective group and individually. She had time for everyone and tried so hard to get everyone to pass the course with her knowledge and enthusiasm. Was a really interesting and insightful course and I have learned so much in the past 5 weeks about myself and what it means to be a PT from the whole coaching side to the nutrition and anatomy side of things. So cheers Jenna for everything! Connor.

Hi Kim, Thank you for the question, I know you are hoping for a response from some of our graduates, so I thought I would point you in the direction towards what some of our previous students have said about us. https://www.thetrainingroom.com/success-stories

By TheTrainingRoom -.,