Review of TeakWarehouse

sales@teakwarehouse.co.uk

14 reviews with 1 star

pollyw6
10/12/16
My parents bought a set of furniture costing £999 from Teak Warehouse in March 2016. After refusing one chair (it was actually broken), the furniture which was delivered now ( infact by July when the initial complaint was made) looks absolutely dreadful (cracked, discoloured, poorly made etc) and Teak Warehouse are refusing to communicate with us. My father, who is 75, cannot sit on the chairs for fear of them breaking. They are very badly made. We wrote in July 2016 enclosing pictures of the furniture - no response! We are not prepared to accept a replacement set of furniture - we have totally lost confidence so it is a full refund or nothing. We have had to write a formal letter of claim (the start of legal proceedings at our local court is imminent) which has taken up a great deal of effort and time. We are currently investigating the so called company Teak Warehouse (not registered at Companies House in any guise) with the Trading Standards department at Essex County Council. As you might imagine, we will not stop until we have all our money back from Teak Warehouse and the dreadful furniture has been taken away.
janej58
8/9/16
Delivery was good and to set was exactly as seen - round table, 6 multi position chairs and an umbrella. They were advertised to be left out all year round. The first year was fine although they looked very 'weathered' quite early on, with cracks appearing in the wood. Gradually the chairs fell apart and needed to be fixed with screws (although 1 chair was unfixable) and the table became very warped. It seems like the hard wood wasn't so hard after all!!!
marieb90
6/15/16
really
markg163
5/22/16
Enquired about a product by phone. Received a voicemail message saying that they are busy in the warehouse but would respond immediately to an email enquiry. 10 days later and no reply, I called again-same message, sent same email....6 days later and still nothing, I read the online reviews.....glad I did...if this is how they are before making the sale, I would hate to imagine how they would behave towards a problem!!...

One Star, because site does not allow "0" Stars
philw19
8/11/15
Purchased table and 8 chairs, one rejected on delivery as split in arm. Replacement supposed to be next day, never received it. Table has splits in top, glued and filled, knot on edge, filled, pithwood ( like cork) on table edge, foot and bracket, which broke off before assembly. A d more pithwood on foot and table edge all of which will let water in and rot
Titan of 26 emails and 2 letters, now gone to county court to get money back. After threat of legal action they agreed to replace the table, took day off to receive it and they never arrived and then ignored all the following emails.
martyc7
7/15/15
Waited in all day,no delivery. I rang at two o'clock to check, was told the driver was in the area and will be with you later. No delivery. Glad I requested COD,will go elsewhere. Could have rang and let me know, wasted my day.
louisel22
6/17/15
I placed an order several weeks ago and had a confirmed delivery date of today (Weds 17th June). I confirmed I would pay COD. Despite sending a couple of emails to check that the delivery would take place - to which no reply & waiting in all day (having taken a day off work), no delivery.
Therefore a huge WARNING to all - DON'T BOTHER WITH TEAK WAREHOUSE.
At least I haven't lost any money unlike some poor people.
lisac109
6/9/15
Was epxecting my order yesterday (which I have paid in full £639). Customer service shocking. After several emails and calls (where you get an answerphone) I got a short email today saying sorry but it will now be delivered a week on Wednesday, Poor poor customer service and I am left feeling rather nervous!
tomc82
4/24/15
Avoid this company like the plague. They are simply awful. I made a huge mistake not reading reviews before purchasing from this site. Go elsewhere and save yourself the hassle!
jackiet13
7/25/14
AVOID AVOID AVOID

There is no response- if you don't get your complete order or there is a problem - thats it - they don't respond to phone letters or emails- they are always experiencing an unprecedented number of phone calls- presumably all the dissatisfied customers. Its a bank transfer, so no usual credit card protection- Pay more go elsewhere - its likely to worth the lack of hassle.
sarahj70
7/2/14
do not deal with these people,,, they do not answer the phone, answer emails, they do not deliver on time, do NOT pay in advance, my table is faulty and I sent pictures through but no success so far, they do not want to know... AVOID
alistairb1
6/18/14
I was cautious when they wanted the money by bank draft and did not accept Paypal or credit or debit cards. However it appeared ok when they said they would accept COD. Delivery was arranged for 2nd June but nothing came in the agreed time frame. Later that day I rang them continuously for about half an hour but the line was engaged until eventually I got a ringing tone but then only got a recorded message asking me to send an email, which I did. I repeated this the following day with the same result, but again received no reply. Since then I have heard nothing from Teak Warehouse. What a relief that I had not paid by bank draft. I feel very concerned about this company.
jamest66
6/17/14
Ordered a bench but heard nothing for 4 weeks. eE mailed them twice for an update but heard nothing. Contacted them only to be told that benches were out of stock and would be available in 3 weeks. Heard nothing despite e mailing again. Contacted them again only to be told they'd had a web site problem and had obviously lost the order and was asked to re-order via the web site. I stressed that the bench was required as a gift and needed for only 7 days later in X town. Response was no problem, in stock and we deliver 7 days a week.I re-ordered and heard nothing. I rang again 2 days later only to be told there was no chance of any delivery. When I queried this politely and said what I'd been told about 7 day delivery, I was accused of being difficult and given a tirade of abuse. Rather than be drawn, I simply told them to forget the order and hung up. This was a horrendous customer service experience and goodness knows how so many people give 5 stars? Makes you wonder about who is really writing them.
campbellr
8/6/11
This is a fraudulent website...beware.
They asked for bank transfer up front.
You're mad if you do!

How can taking someones money, then not delivering the product be anything other than theft. The products are only value for money if you get what you paid for.

By Marty c.

Hi Phil, I had an issue with this company. Paid up front and was promised delivery on a couple of occassions. The furniture did turn up eventually I'm pleased to say. I have an address on the delivery note which is Swallows Cross Farm, Whyatts Green Road, Doddinghurst, Essex, CM15 0ST. Hope that helps. Lisa

By Lisa C.
Questions? Get answers from the TeakWarehouse staff and other customers.

TeakWarehouse?