Review of TeakWarehouse

Tel: 01277 355529
sales@teakwarehouse.co.uk

davidh327
1/18/16
Great service, great value, and great quality items
matthewm98
1/4/16
This place has beautiful teak furnitures that are nicely made.
vernelld
12/10/15
Thanks for your super furniture, it arrived on time and the chap carried it in for me.
marthas44
12/2/15
I am astounded at the superb quality for what i paid,absolutely delighted
barbaraw69
12/2/15
Just wanted to say how delighted we are with Teak Warehouse,the quality of the the chairs and table is excellent and service is awesome,we will certainly recommend to friends and family
lucya15
11/17/15
lovely teak bench, a few hiccups but very happy overall

THere were a few mishaps and and several emails and phone calls, and a few possible arrangements, after the bench we ordered wssn't in stock and the van had problems. But Dan was very good at keeping in touch and did deliver it on exactly the day we wanted, and very kindly gave as a larger bench than our original order, having discussed this first with us, which we were very happy with. I would definitely consider ordering again. The delux bench looks very well made
michellek61
11/16/15
I ordered a Miami stacking set and received it yesterday - excellent quality teak. I took the option to pay cash on delivery and Jason the driver couldn't have been more helpful. Can't wait for the spring to use it! :)
marka124
11/16/15
Bought a 6 six seat stacking set in the summer nad have just had delivered two lady emily benches with coffee tables
same great quality and ease of the payment on delivery option, top notch!
thanks
guys
catherineb32
10/5/15
Beautiful, solid outdoor furniture. Just bought a table and four chairs, and my wife and I couldn't possibly feel more satisfied\smarter for getting them here.
kevinl73
9/4/15
Ordered on the Monday evening,Atlanta table & chairs delivered on the Thursday day morning, fully assembled and great quality. The cover was missing but the delivery driver already knew this and it was despatched within a few days.Overall a great service and a pleasure to deal with
jimmyr27
8/27/15
ordered the Atlanta 8 seater set and a very helpful driver delivered it into garden
nice finish on the chairs and a very substantial table
good liasing on email and 4 day turnaround from order
very pleased,nice cushions also
philw19
8/11/15
Purchased table and 8 chairs, one rejected on delivery as split in arm. Replacement supposed to be next day, never received it. Table has splits in top, glued and filled, knot on edge, filled, pithwood ( like cork) on table edge, foot and bracket, which broke off before assembly. A d more pithwood on foot and table edge all of which will let water in and rot
Titan of 26 emails and 2 letters, now gone to county court to get money back. After threat of legal action they agreed to replace the table, took day off to receive it and they never arrived and then ignored all the following emails.
martyc7
7/15/15
Waited in all day,no delivery. I rang at two o'clock to check, was told the driver was in the area and will be with you later. No delivery. Glad I requested COD,will go elsewhere. Could have rang and let me know, wasted my day.
louisel22
6/17/15
I placed an order several weeks ago and had a confirmed delivery date of today (Weds 17th June). I confirmed I would pay COD. Despite sending a couple of emails to check that the delivery would take place - to which no reply & waiting in all day (having taken a day off work), no delivery.
Therefore a huge WARNING to all - DON'T BOTHER WITH TEAK WAREHOUSE.
At least I haven't lost any money unlike some poor people.
lisac109
6/9/15
Was epxecting my order yesterday (which I have paid in full £639). Customer service shocking. After several emails and calls (where you get an answerphone) I got a short email today saying sorry but it will now be delivered a week on Wednesday, Poor poor customer service and I am left feeling rather nervous!
tomc82
4/24/15
Avoid this company like the plague. They are simply awful. I made a huge mistake not reading reviews before purchasing from this site. Go elsewhere and save yourself the hassle!
jackiet13
7/25/14
AVOID AVOID AVOID

There is no response- if you don't get your complete order or there is a problem - thats it - they don't respond to phone letters or emails- they are always experiencing an unprecedented number of phone calls- presumably all the dissatisfied customers. Its a bank transfer, so no usual credit card protection- Pay more go elsewhere - its likely to worth the lack of hassle.
sarahj70
7/2/14
do not deal with these people,,, they do not answer the phone, answer emails, they do not deliver on time, do NOT pay in advance, my table is faulty and I sent pictures through but no success so far, they do not want to know... AVOID
ritaf4
6/25/14
Failed deliveries, waiting in all day. No communication. Calls not answered, likewise emails. One star for quality of furniture and price. One star for excellent deliveryman. Pity the office people can't take a leaf out of his book.
If you like stress and hassle go ahead and buy. Furniture available from other firms .They also posted a review on Trip Advisor in my name that gave them 5 stars with no permission from me whatsover, just lifted a sentence from email that I sent to them about good quality of furniture when it finally arrived , having missed Easter hol, May bank hol and just arriving in time for late May bank hol.
dannyc24
6/25/14
IMPORTANT UPDATED REVIEW I originally posted a three star review of Teakwarehouse in June 2014, in which I said I would submit an update on how the furniture faired through the winter. Well! It's April, the sun is shining (at the moment) and the furniture is out. So here is the update........

The table and four chairs spent their winter in the shed, they were oiled prior to going in and came out in the same condition. Joints sound and no warping. The bench spent winter in the same place it spent summer, on the patio. It too was oiled at the end of the season and as expected, has faded throughout the winter. Even though it had been rained on, hailed on, snowed on, (Ah! The wilds of Cumbria ) and became frozen on several occasion, it survived with flying colours. Just like the table and chairs the joints are all sound and there is no sign of wood warp. So I must say well done Teakwarehouse, your teak furniture is exceptional value for money. I just hope you've sorted your customer service problems.

Just in case anybody would like to read the original review, then I have added it in it's entirety below. For those of you who don't, then stop reading now..................

Yes! The teak garden furniture has finally arrived and it is very, very, very good. The problems of getting it here are the only thing that sour the milk. I didn't realise that when they said free delivery, they mean't the amount of attempts it would take to deliver! Anyway moan over (possibly) and back to the review. I had given up on it coming and then at 8pm, the doorbell rings. There stands Kevin from Teakwarehouse, tired, his last delivery and the best part of three hundred miles from home. He was polite, helpful and a credit to the company, Mark (Teakwarehouse boss), give him a pay rise, he deserves it. The furniture was offloaded, the bill paid and Kevin duly parted on his long journey to Essex.

Why, you may ask did I give a three star review. Well, I reply, I gave a star for each of the following: Quality, the teak furniture looks, as I said before; very, very, very good. Price, (even without discounts) better than the competitors. Kevin, shows that someone knows how to deal with customers. The two other stars would have been given for ease of contact and customer care.

Teakwarehouse have an excellent product but appear to be swamped by demand. I believe that their success maybe their biggest failure. So come on Teakwarehouse, get someone to answer the phone and reply to emails.

Finally, I have read reviews that raise doubts about Teakwarehouse being a reputable company because they only accept payment by bank transfer or COD. I can say 100%, that they are 100% GENUINE but if you are still unsure, pay by cash on delivery as I did.

Yes! The teak garden furniture has finally arrived and it is very, very, very good. The problems of getting it here are the only thing that sour the milk. I didn't realise that when they said free delivery, they mean't the amount of delivery promises it would take to deliver! Anyway moan over (possibly) and back to the review. I had given up on it coming yet again and then at 8pm, the doorbell rings. There stands Kevin from Teakwarehouse, tired, his last delivery and the best part of three hundred miles from home. He was polite, helpful and a credit to the company, Mark (Teakwarehouse boss), give him a pay rise, he deserves it. The furniture was offloaded, the bill paid and Kevin duly parted on his long journey to Essex.

Quality, the teak furniture looks, as I said before; very, very, very good.
Price, (even without discounts) better than the competitors.
Kevin, shows that someone knows how to deal with customers.

Teakwarehouse have an excellent product but appear to be swamped by demand. I believe that their success may be their biggest failure. So come on Teakwarehouse, get someone to answer the phone and reply to emails.

And even more finally; I will update this review, same time next year and let you know how the furniture does over time. (See updated review above).

Tip for consumers: Teakwarehouse accept bank transfer or COD, I suggest that COD is used as their customer service is poor and it is hard to make contact by phone or email. The product is top quality and is excellent value for money, so don't be put off by poor service reviews

alistairb1
6/18/14
I was cautious when they wanted the money by bank draft and did not accept Paypal or credit or debit cards. However it appeared ok when they said they would accept COD. Delivery was arranged for 2nd June but nothing came in the agreed time frame. Later that day I rang them continuously for about half an hour but the line was engaged until eventually I got a ringing tone but then only got a recorded message asking me to send an email, which I did. I repeated this the following day with the same result, but again received no reply. Since then I have heard nothing from Teak Warehouse. What a relief that I had not paid by bank draft. I feel very concerned about this company.
jamest66
6/17/14
Ordered a bench but heard nothing for 4 weeks. eE mailed them twice for an update but heard nothing. Contacted them only to be told that benches were out of stock and would be available in 3 weeks. Heard nothing despite e mailing again. Contacted them again only to be told they'd had a web site problem and had obviously lost the order and was asked to re-order via the web site. I stressed that the bench was required as a gift and needed for only 7 days later in X town. Response was no problem, in stock and we deliver 7 days a week.I re-ordered and heard nothing. I rang again 2 days later only to be told there was no chance of any delivery. When I queried this politely and said what I'd been told about 7 day delivery, I was accused of being difficult and given a tirade of abuse. Rather than be drawn, I simply told them to forget the order and hung up. This was a horrendous customer service experience and goodness knows how so many people give 5 stars? Makes you wonder about who is really writing them.
alanm62
4/20/14
I do not work for Teak Warehouse (I work for an airline) and I can say they as far as my experience goes they are not con artists. Ordered on the Thursday, delivered on the Tuesday. Price much better than anywhere else and quality seems pretty good so far. Not 5 stars because delivery was later than told and two chairs weren't finished very well. Delivery driver without hesitation said he would be back the next day with two replacement chairs. He returned the next morning and we are very happy. Paid on delivery but can understand why people don't want to do that. They are a wholesale seller so don't accept credit card.
jonw29
2/25/14
cut to the bone, this is how website purchases should be. obviously dealing with an importer i was told what the product was all about and told the reasons why i was going to pay £200 less then other sites...driver arrived and yes, this is the real deal, quality furniture delivered i felt emabarresed as i turned the miami chair upside down to inspect in front of the teak warehouse driver...just what teak warehouse describe, fully A grade joints all top quality.
its a great product delivered by a company who no they are delivering a great set!!!
jamesm164
1/20/14
faultless from website to communication to delivery as and when stated
teak stacking set with 8 chairs and 8ft table really premium graded teak and finish and build impeccable
will recommend without a shadow of a doubt

How can taking someones money, then not delivering the product be anything other than theft. The products are only value for money if you get what you paid for.

By Marty c.

Hi Phil, I had an issue with this company. Paid up front and was promised delivery on a couple of occassions. The furniture did turn up eventually I'm pleased to say. I have an address on the delivery note which is Swallows Cross Farm, Whyatts Green Road, Doddinghurst, Essex, CM15 0ST. Hope that helps. Lisa

By Lisa C.
Questions? Get answers from the TeakWarehouse staff and other customers.

TeakWarehouse?