Review of TalkTalk.co.uk

London, WRT WC1E 6JA, UK
Tel: 0808 234 9279

larryq5
8/30/17

This really is a terrible story of a terrible company called Talk Talk, you may have heard of them? I went with Talk Talk some years ago. They are cheap and so am I, so they did me proud. Actually no they didn't!
The internet connection hardly ever worked and after an enormous amount of time on the phone trying to fix it I gave up because I was moving.
I contacted them early July to cancel my account and did so on one of their chat lines, and I'm relieved I kept a copy ... wonderful l!!!!!!. I moved, then got a Bill for I think around £60 ish,I queried it to be told the account wasn't closed!! I asked to speak to a manager and they basically refused, but I did tell them that I had a copy of the chat when I had cancelled.Then over 6 weeks later, I got a Bill for £30 ish so paid it just to get rid of them. Guess what?! They sent me another Bill for £35 ish!! I called them and was kept on the phone for in excess of 15 minutes not a free phone number either so hung up, Rang again today to ask about the Bill, well about an hour later I still don't know what the answer is except I know the account still hasn't been closed!!
The moral of this story is you get what you pay for. With Talk Talk it's nothing short of fraud, they are unable to supply a good internet service and are unable to cancel a contract. Please take my advice and never consider their services ... THEY ARE A JOKE !!!!!

mmii
3/24/17

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! MY TIME WITH THIS NASTIEST OF COMPANIES IS OVER. THEY LIE THEY PASS YOU FROM PILLAR TO POST THEY MESS YOU AROUND AND BILL YOU EVEN WHEN YOUR TIME WITH THEM IS OVER... NEVER AGAIN!!!
1 IS GENEROUS...

misterp
9/17/16

It's difficult to know where to start. For myself it was and is always about their customer service over the phone and in writing. I suppose it may be best summed up by this quip - "we don't lie, we just don't tell the truth he-he-he aint we clever". Their attitude is that the customer is even more stupid than they are, and as a consequence can say and do what they like, and the customer has to do what the hapless call centre staff likes as well. Awful. they have put me off from having another provider for a long time.

lizab18
11/20/15

Why is talk talk charging a extra £4.50 for not using direct debit payments well i think its not fair and its a rip off getting extra money for not using direct debit to pay bills.

wazzag
11/3/15

Couldn't give a zero otherwise I would have put a minus in front of that!

Where do you start with such an appalling company?
Maybe their lying and cheating? or maybe their incompetence in the industry?

Well they claim to be cheap but that's just a smoke screen. The sting is in the tail when you want to leave.

I hear myself saying 'you get what you pay for' but Talk Talk go well beyond that by totally peeing off all good paying customers.

I'm one of many who will never return to the company even if they offered me their best top, top packages for free.

The trouble is, is that they are so arrogant and stuck so far up their own backsides that they don't even so the value in good paying customers and spend more time trying to rub customers up the wrong way.

I used to use them for business and personal telephone and broadband and they screwed both of them up.

Bills, well they don't provide you with a bill (unless you want to pay an extra £4.50 per month) you have to take your time to log on to an account of theirs to find a bill. What happened to the legal requirement of presenting a bill for payment? Talk Talk's own rules.

Quote you a 12 month contract but send paperwork to say your on a 18 month contract. You never get confirmation of your agreed 12 month contract in writing.

Customer service - simply NONE WHATS SO EVER! They don't understand what that is. Try explaining that the system they are looking at showing an 18 month contract is incorrect.

Call centre's not in the UK staff cannot even speak correctly let alone English.

Give yourself at least a hour for a simple request.

Give yourself 2 hours plus for something like a error on your bill or a problem with your service.

CEO's office, well just more incompetent bods (telemarketers) pretending to hold power.

We used to be ex-directory and never had any scam calls, Talk Talk told us that we needed to change our old good number to have their so called fast fibre.

Since then we got a minimum of 3 calls a day from India on the brand new number. Data protection non-existent.

Talk Talk stole money from our account by overcharging and won't return it. They say we would have to put in a refund request!!!

If they do claim to credit you they don't pay you back but instead put it into what they call a 'My Account' a customer account owned by them that you can rarely access. If you can access you still can't transfer your money to your own bank account. A refund request is required !!

The list goes on and on but I'll save the rest for the legal system.......you should not only AVOID this company but share this story with as many potential customers of Talk Talk.

Talk Talk is the last thing that they do, talking is not something they are competent in doing!

daveg49
10/29/15

Today I left Talk Talk after a running battle with their customer service team.

I want to stress that my decision to leave is not related to the data breach although that indicates a level of incompetency that should automatically rule out ever using them as your ISP.

The reason why I left was down to incredibly poor customer service. The key points are highlighted below -

- Requested a house move with a deactivation date of the 26th and an activation date of the 28th at the new residence.
- The line was disconnected on the 20th (6 days early).
- From my call logs I can see that I spoke on a number of occasions to the 'technical team' to the tune of 2hrs 30mins with no explanation given as to why the line was deactivated early.
- The best they could come up with was 'turning off my router for 30min'. Something that they advised to do on three occasions.
- During one of the completely fruitless calls I hear children screaming in the background. First of two calls when this happened leaving me to believe that they have outsourced their tier 1 support to homebased Indian resources who are charged with being as helpful as a brain aneurysm.
- Upon deciding to just wait it out until the reactivation I received an email saying 'Sorry that you cancelled your activation' on the day before the activation.
- At the same time I received a text message stating that my activation was scheduled for tomorrow.
- Once again I spoke to the customer services team who had no idea why this happened but assured me that it would occur on the 28th.
- After taking a day off work an Open Reach engineer did indeed turn up and after 1.5hrs, he ran into a fault as the information given to him by Talk Talk was incorrect, he was satisfied that the line was connected and working fine.
- WHILST he was setting up the line Talk Talk call to inform me that I've missed my appointment so now need to set-up another time to get an engineer around. This was the first of two similar calls over the next 24 hours...
- When I try and test the connection I notice that my Routers default information has been lost in the move so I need authentication details for my account.
- Queue three hours of calls with Talk Talk customer services who told me that my account would not be 'activated' until midnight and that there was no way for them to activate it manually.
- Needless to say the next morning arrived and still no connection.
- Queue another call wanting to schedule another Open Reach appointment to set-up my already set-up line!
- Once again I speak to the team at Talk Talk and specifically ask them for the authentication details on my account. They are unable to provide this and can only direct me to My Account seemingly unaware that has been down for a week and as I write this review is still down.
- I end up speaking to the retention team who finally inform me that it looks like there's a fault on the line; even though the Open Reach engineer was adamant that it was working fine and they either needed to authenticate me or activate me on their systems.
- Next step is to get the engineer back out but they can't book this because the booking 'system' was down. That was the final straw...
- Contract cancelled and Talk Talk lose a customer who has been with them for over 2 years.

It is difficult to come up with words that explain the level of incompetency and at times rudeness of the customer services team. And when you finally get speaking to the retention team that sound like they're based in the UK they don't have the systems to do the job.

Bottom line do not use these guys. There are plenty of other providers out there who now do similar price deals so being the cheapest is no longer a differentiation point and trust me you really do not want to go through what I experienced.

Complete and utter shambles.

johnalany
10/28/15

Over 1 month ago just after renewing my contract my broadband speed started going up and down during the day. I contacted talktalk "engineers" 5 times over the month, each time i was asked the same questions and given the same answers (trained monkeys could have done that job). However yesterday i managed to get through to a Manager who believe it or not was helpfull. He read from his script but they were different answers and he sent me a new router. Now I have security cameras routed through my router and i am told by 1 person at talktalk that changing routers will not affect them, but by another person at talktalk that they will all need reprograming. WHO DO I BELIEVE WHAT DO I DO.
johnthepensioner
Sheffield UK

billyk13
12/15/14

TalkTalk Group

Ms Dido Harding Chief Executive

Email dido.harding@talktalkplc.com
Telephone 0203 417 1000

Talk Talk have let us down again knowing there is a disabled person living here and that we need the landline , it's been cut loose in the exchange box again according to the execs team but they are not willing to go and fix it today ? if it were Dido Hardings home the engineers would be out like a shot this company has let us down before without an apology or any form of goodwill gesture i've put Dido Hardings email up so that you can all inundate her when you have issues and if she changes it i will update you with a new one once again left to suffer keep spending millions sponsoring the likes of the X Factor and spend as little as possible on customers.....time to move service providers

davep43
5/15/14

Talk Talk are the worse company i have ever had the misfortune of using, constant phone calls demanding money when you've already payed, bills way over the price which seem to come every two weeks, constantly being cut off when you've paid, then the minute you pay, you get a phone call demanding money or they're are gonna cut you off again!! Total thieves! avoid and boycott this corrupt company!!

rayw19
11/18/13

The worst ISP I have ever encountered, they charge what they like then you have wait months for them to reimburse you, then they fairly recently upped their prices again, I have now left and gone with Plusnet that is saving me over £17 per month and better speeds.

keythr
1/22/11

TalkTalk is the worst telecoms company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They ended up being named by the British press as giving the worst customer service of any major company in the UK during 2010. (see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346322/TalkTalk-wins-award-worst-customer-service-2010.html) I certainly agree. They have a multi tier call centre operation run out of South Africa where extremely rude and unhelpful staff do nothing to support customers. They advertise aggressively and sponsored the TV show 'The X Factor' in the UK but I've not met anyone who has had good service from them. Awful!

angryc
9/22/09

DO NOT USE THIS SITE SEARCH ENGINE TO FIND IF THE TALKTALK SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE IN YOU AREA.
Your details will be recorded, without your knowledge, or consent, and you will subsequently be pestered with unsolicited sales calls.

THEY IGNORE ANY NUMBER LISTED WITH THE CALLER PREFERENTIAL SERVICE. SO DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE SAFE, THEY WILL PESTER YOU.
GOD ONLY KNOWS WHO THEY PASS YOUR DETAILS ON TO.
SO BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE CALLER PREFERENTIAL SERVICE WILL PROTECT YOU, THEY ARE A POWERLESS AND GUTLESS WASTE OF PUBLIC FUNDS,
NOT EVEN THE INFORMATION COMMISIONERS THEMSELVES CAN STOP THESE PEOPLE, they have no powers. ONLY TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK HOW SICKENININGLY APT...............

FInally DONT EVEN THINK OF CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICES...... YET MORE ASIAN ACCENTS giving OUT USELES INFORMATION AND ENDLESS RECORDED MENU's non of which get you to an ACTUAL COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT

IF this is an indication of the services provided, think its best give talktalk a very very wide birth.

Questions? Get answers from the TalkTalk.co.uk staff and other customers.

TalkTalk.co.uk?