Review of Project Fi

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, California 94043, United States

dj574
2/26/19

Because it's a company that is worth BILLIONS of dollars they ultimately do not care 1 bit about their customers because in their mind I'm 1 in billions of people. I purchased a pixel 2 from them brand new when it first came out, not even a month later it was already 150-200 off the original price. Then a couple months into having the phone, it stops being able to charge so I sent it back to get a replacement. They replace it with a used phone and the battery life on it is crap. I go a couple hours with minimum use and it's down from 98 to about 60-70%. They refuse to replace it because I had dropped it last month and there is a crack on the glass in the top right corner on the back. They could replace the battery for me for all I care, I just want a phone that doesn't need to be charged 2-3 times a day this isn't 2007.

rogerd73
12/28/17

I tried to switch two phones from Verizon to Project Fi with the hope of saving $50+ per month. The enrollment process is no cleaner than with any cell phone provider. The would not allow me to enroll both phones at one time, dropped by enrollment twice, will not honor the trade in for more than one phone and customer service is excuses rather than solutions. Very under impressed, in fact may actually return my phones and stay with Verizon.

taylorj11
5/19/16

It sounds too good to be true: It is. Or at least it is for me. Google offers a courtesy telephone number with every Google Account. This telephone number will never change no matter what, As long as you use it. Any period of inactivity and you risk losing your Google Account telephone number. You can check for text messages with your Google Voice or Gmail accounts. They also offer voice service. All of this is dependent on a third party Internet connection. Google decides to expand its Google Voice service and all they did was rename its existing service to "Project Fi" which STILL uses third party connections! What they are doing is making you choosing between your already existing and previously courtesy telephone number AND CHARGING YOU FOR IT, or give up your Google Voice number entirely. I like the idea of keeping my existing number, but I don't like that they are trying to charge me for my telephone number which used to be free!! You have to pay for your telephone and they only offer two or three telephone. All of them are touch screen. None of them are BlackBerry. I am not interested in Google Fi. I fight AGAINST trends and I am sick of the iPhone, Android, and "Social" Media. Phones are meant to call, text, and also email. They are supposed to be professional tools instead of fun toys. Also touch screens are the stupidest thing invented so I will just switch to Verizon, which actually has their own towers, and they sell the BlackBerry, including the BlackBerry Classic which has a touch screen but it also has the familiar KeyBoard and TrackPad. And neither iOS nor Android in sight. Google Fi's towers that they use are Sprint or T-Mobile, which means Sprint because T-Mobile never works. Google Fi charges data by the gigabyte. Yawn. The price gouging is never going to end. And I bet you can't even tether with it. What I fear the most is that Google might discontinue Google Voice and replace it with Project Fi.

peterk74
12/4/15

You have to have a very specific phone to use this service but if you a;lready have a Nexus 6, Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P then jump on board. $20 for unlimited talk and text, and the $10 a GB for Data. If you can use mostly WiFi you can save some money. Plus this works in other countries making travel for me much easier now.
Give them a shot.....I LOVE GOOGLE!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the Project Fi staff and other customers.

Project Fi?