Review of SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey reviews

thaddeusb16
9/8/17

So that I can get continuing education credit. After I fill it out-I don't get any verification by email. I will have to track down the people from my last conference-which was out of State, and see if I get credit. I NEED that credit to maintain my licensing and other credentials. They used to use the white sheet/yellow copy system, but now it's gone all High Tech. This would be fine-if it actually worked right.

keng66
9/8/17

the navigation is terrible. Their prices are far too expensive for what you get. You have to pay a premium just to talk to someone which is absurd. Their question "logic" stinks because it rarely works correctly. Its buggy three are much better programs on the market.

upsetc7
9/7/17

They try to milk you for every simple little feature, and even when you do pay to upgrade, Survey Monkey still refuses to give you your data. I had over 400 responses to a survey and they would not allow me to access the data even though I had upgraded to a Select Plan. Daylight robbery! And the worst part is, now they want me to pay AGAIN so I can access my results...

alicea45
8/29/17

I did not authorize the withdraw of $35 from my bank. I contact them and told them I had nothing to do with the transaction and they said "sorry, we don't offer refunds". Even when I clearly said I didn't make the transaction.

I didn't purchase anything on your stupid site. So I had to get my bank involved so get a refund.

kathyk99
8/23/17

Navigation is confusing, it's true. That I could suffer through (it was after all FREE). But after my respondents all replied, I could not access 75% of responses and that was that. I did get a "customer service" email thread going, but in the end I was told that my respondents didn't know what they were doing. Yeah, right.

davidt273
7/28/17

I have used Survey Monkey twice now and have had frustrations both times. The first was because I hired them to run two surveys and could not get access to my second survey's data unless I subscribed to a monthly plan. They admitted the wording is unclear in the sign up process and gave me seven days to analyze my date without having to subscribe to a monthly plan.
The second and last time was due my launching a survey and immediately noticing that something was wrong as my respondents were only answering one of six questions. I immediately tried to find a contact number or email address for support on their website to get this corrected. After several minutes and a lot of clicking, I found a way to fill out a feedback form through their sales page. That was 14 hours ago and no response and now my survey is almost finished as incomplete as it is and I feel I wasted $300. I will not use them again.

tracye1
7/15/17

For me, personally and the many organizations I belong to, use Survey Monkey for basic surveys -- fairly easy to set up once you get their flow and easy for survey takers to answer your questions.

The free creation limits you to 10 numbered questions (though you can structure some questions so that multiple things are asked under 1 number) and limits you to 100 responses or less. You can see all your data and can copy/paste it. Anything above and beyond this requires paying for a monthly/yearly plan.

There are some basic question formats available: yes/no, multiple choice, text line answers, or text box answers. Lots of hints & tips available to better structure questions.

We have had parent groups use this for years with great success -- again, realizing that our groups and respondents rarely go over 100 this was a powerful and free way for us to gain access to lots of information. Completed survey creates a URL that can be posted on social media or emailed.

I truly appreciate the ability to update information after a survey has been 'published' -- makes fixing typos and clarifying questions possible once a survey has started. Not being able to export data is annoying -- you must copy/paste the results in order to get them someplace usable like a powerpoint, excel, or word processor.

I have seen this used for something as simple as asking families what type of get together they'd prefer for a family reunion, to one text box comment questions, to 10 question multiple choices, and even more than 10 questions asked if formatted creatively (Example Q3: Tell us your experience with your: a) teacher b) counselor c) advisor d) principal --- see 4 text questions but one numbered question).

One recent parent group survey went crazy and ended up over 700 responses -- not what we expected. SurveyMonkey emailed me, told me we had over 100 respondents, that I could look at respondents 1 - 100, but if I wanted to see 101+ we would have to pay to see the rest. We purchased one month of payable service ($30), had access to all our responses, I was able to export everything into a comma separated spreadsheet file where I could format, copy, & paste. We cancelled the service before it renewed for the next month, no problems at all.

Powerful tool, free option let's you do a lot. Wish data export was available without payment but a great survey tool.

randyc74
7/13/17

After using the free tool, we upgraded by paying almost $300 a month to get skip logic. But all of their surveys are branded - you can't take out their marketing slogan at the end of the survey, you can't take someone to another page after they complete the survey. If I had to do it again, i would look for another tool, and definitely will not be renewing (although now I have to wait a year).

dixieh3
6/25/17

This got on my computer without my consent. They don't have any way to exit the site if you don't want to sign up with them. I had to turn off my computer, which messes it up.

T

janes219
5/29/17

Will never deal with this company again. No phone number for support, only unanswered emails. There are loads of survey companies out there, we can do much better than this.

taylork31
4/25/17

They trick you with billing. They charge you when you are not supposed to be charged and they are absolutely no help when you contact them. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. You cannot do anything on their website without having to pay for "privileges" they constantly try to get you to upgrade and they are not clear on the billing processes at all. I urge you to use ANY other survey website.

maureent15
3/27/17

They do not have several features that may be considered basic for other tools like having an option for a multiple choice where if a respondent chooses NA for example, all the other options will be inactive. Also, they do not have a multiple choice matrix question type. Fluidsurveys had this since 2009! Additionally, forget about selecting the kiosk mode, their system has very basic settings for this.

chrisa175
3/26/17

The website navigation is complicated. They need to work on it. Professional service sucks. The only way to reach them is via emai.

penejmanr
3/4/17

Not even worth the free plan - use Google Forms instead. You can't export the data, which you own, unless you pay them. Bait and switch.

lizh45
2/24/17

No Star. I think I had to press one star to submit this. But Survey Monkey does not deserve any stars. I just paid $300 to Survey Monkey for their "Gold" Plan of service. After failing to resolve a significant problem online, I have been completely unable to get any help. There is no posted phone number, and their promise to get back with an answer to questions within one hour is a total joke! Buyer Beware!!!!

chrish266
1/7/17

What is shameful is that SurveyMonkey provides a solid product. The product is not the problem; the problem is when a customer no longer needs the service. It is painfully obvious that the business model -- undoubtedly included in their profit margin planning -- is to make it extremely difficult to cancel services. I find this fraudulent, and based on the number of complaints I read online, I am not alone. I have cancelled twice but am still getting billed. If I am billed again, I will be contacting the BBB and seeking legal recourse.

paulh230
10/4/16

When I was unsatisfied with their product (5 hours after ordering it) they refused to refund the purchase. Regardless that I had no interest or plans to use their software. Very dishonest way of running a business. Their satisfaction policy should read "100% SATISFACTION IS NOT GUARANTEED, AND ONCE WE HAVE YOUR MONEY, YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT BACK. EVEN IF OUR PRODUCT SUCKS".

bernadetted7
8/29/16

So Survey Monkey is a good tool however, they give you a difficult time when you try to get a refund. I mistakenly added an additional user and I am still waiting to get my account credited. Every time I request a refund, I am asked for additional information. I paid for the professional service not the free service and the professional service sucks. The only way to reach them is via email and it's always a different CSR.

cynthias59
8/11/16

Why have a survey tool if you can't extract/ export the data. I set up the survey, only to find on testing that I'd have to pay a fee to get my data out in a useful way. Searching for a better tool.

revieww1
6/10/16

Recieved a call from the company & stayed on the line for almost a half an hour. Gave card information & now I just feel very unsafe & regretful. Just don't do it, forget the $100 gift card they say you'll get. The feeling of insecurity is awful

theresar14
6/7/16

The interface is not intuitive at all. Trying to find a way to change the subject line in our email, we had to drill down through "collectors." (FYI: "collectors" is the email list. Yeah, new to everyone in my company, too.)

Then, when I did change the email subject from the default to something interesting, it went out with the wrong subject line. Their customer service responded immediately, but were no help whatsoever. They forwarded it on to Technical Services... but the email still went out wrong.

If there's a way to make the initial email more interesting, I never found it.

conalm
6/3/16

Take the money and run business model supported by awful customer service. Signed up for a month only for a second payment to be taken. Claimed I had used it in the second month (I notified them 3 days in to second subscription) wouldn't refund. Scam site with little to offer, can't wait to see it's demise of the company and its staff. Low life jobs worth.

saraa60
5/12/16

While other businesses have learned that auto-renewal for credit cards with no warning is bad for business, SurveyMonkey has not. They do not tell you before charging your credit card and are unapologetic when telling you that you will not be issued a refund.

Fortunately, they have not kept up with the times or technology and the same service is available elsewhere for less money so moving on is easy. Just don't get sucked in to their auto-renewal racket.

luisas7
3/1/16

I received an $100.00 Amazon Gift Card from this company after participating in a survey and the card was already redeemed.

carola58
2/1/16

I do not like it

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

hi im puja working in http://prologins.com/ . Its so easy to give views. Just you need to click on write a Review option. Then You done write your view n post. Easy.

By puja p.
Questions? Get answers from the SurveyMonkey staff and other customers.

SurveyMonkey?