Review of SurveyMonkey

Tel: +353 1 437 6886
support@surveymonkey.com

johna1281
5/2/19

Terrible company that rips you off. Charged our CC with ZERO authorization to do so; in fact, we told them NOT to charge us, that we did not want their "service." Avoid them at all costs.

heatherd209
4/11/19

Paid a premium to get several hundred guaranteed responses to my survey. Got ZERO responses. Then they want me to PAY TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE?? Ridiculous!!

marshas81
4/1/19

I was seeking ways of earning extra cash via focus groups. Many pay decent $$$ for a few hours of your time. SurveyMonkey was recommended, but when I signed up I was unable to find any focus groups. They claimed I could make money by filling out surveys. I'm not sure what happened but I somehow wound up on another similar site SurveyJunkie, I went through over a dozen survey applications answering tons of personal information, spent a few hours, all of them told me after doing so, Sorry but I didn't qualify! WTF? I didn't earn anything, just the initial few points for signing up, not even redeemable.. What waste of time and energy, and now I'm on probably some phone and email lists that I can't find support to cancel. I don't know if these sites are related or legit, but they are like data mining on steroids!!!!!!

mm583
3/19/19

I've asked Survey Monkey to cancel our plan several times. On our February American Express bill, we were charged $362.88.
Apparently this is a company which refuses to cancel plans and doesn't employ any humans that one may speak to.
Desperately unhappy with Survey Monkey.
I have emailed them today, 3/19/19.

philipb143
2/15/19

Rating is for the low-to-nonexistent reward for survey takers. Participating for years, participation has earned $95 for designated charity, nothing, never, NADA, no wins for me after hundreds of spins. Bogus, rip-off, hoax, discourages people from continuing to take the surveys.

colleend72
2/8/19

My daughter signed up with Survey Monkey for a class science project. Not only was budget a personal concern, but the science project had a funding limit that would disqualify her if she went beyond. We signed up for the standard $37 per month survey knowing we would cancel long before the second month was billed. The price was $37 per month. There were no astericks or disclaimers in the pricing section of the plan description. We didn't notice a tiny asterick under the "1000 responses per month" portion of the plan description as we had no intention on needing any more than 1000 responses. We expected far fewer and were totally fine with being capped at 1000 as other survey platforms do. Within several days of the survey being published we had over $3,000 responses. What we didn't know that we were being billed for each response over 1000. We never receive notification that we were over the 1000 limit and had no idea we would be billed for ANYTHING other than the only price that was listed in our project plan, $37. The plan was cancelled long before the month was over and we were charged 10 times that amount. We believe this is deceptive marketing because:
1. The asterick was not next to the pricing line item in the plan description. If the pricing was subject to such a drastic increase without the subscribers knowledge, it should be much clearer and in the pricing line item on the plan description. The pricing should not just say "$37 / month" It should say "$37 / month for the first 1,000 responses. An additional 15 cents per response will be billed for each additional response."
2. The line item "1000 responses per month" indicates a cap on the amount. Clearly, there is ZERO cap on the amount and you can get skies the limit on this plan.
3. The asterick next to the "1000 responses per month" and tiny disclaimer that was associated with it was not within the plan table and intentionally easy to miss for such an important and expensive detail. You had to scroll far down beyond the plan information for it to be within screens view, and on my high resolution screen, the font size is well below 8pt.
4. Although the disclaimer was missed by me, and I assume also missed by my daughter, it, in and of itself, is confusing. It states, "*1000 responses per month $0.15 per additional response. SurveyMonkey Audience responses sold separately." This indicates to me that the additional audience responses are sold separately as an option.

carle58
2/5/19

After discussing our needs with a sales rep in October of last year she recommended a paid team plan which she claimed would have the features that we needed:
- Customizable design for e-mail invitations to surveys including custom logo, fonts and colors
- Low spam score
- Background data or custom fields to be used in surveys
- NPS and eNPS functionality
The above requirements and others were clearly communicated to their sales representative on October 12th and I was told that the recommended plan had all these features. After comparing Surveymonkey's offering to those of other competitors we decided to go ahead and acquired the plan on January 7th 2019. After a few days I started importing our surveys from our previous tool but as soon as I tried to create an e-mail invitation I realized that there were no way to customize the e-mail other than changing the text and colors. No custom logo, no HTML support and what made matters worse is that every single e-mail was marked as spam so their spam-rating is horrible.
All requests for support have been met with useless boiler plate responses, as have our requests to be contacted by their legal department in response to our false advertising and implied warranty claims.
We are currently seeking legal action against Surveymonkeys Ireland offices through EU Small Claims Procedure.

safinai
12/6/18

i cant stop my payment on this stinky ass site my username is safina i tried all the ways to put your stupid payment off!!!

can you make the payment go off !!!!!!! ??????

or that means that i will write in the internet bad information so that people will not use your survey making

i swear i will do it if you dont stop the payment

if after 1 month the payment will not be off i swear i will !!!

i will say the people i know to not use this site like yours and when i do that i will write in the internet stinky stuff that you asses sre doing there

heatherl186
10/22/18

Site is misleading and then they refuse to give refunds under any circumstance once they've tricked you into signing up for a plan. Navigating the site for customer service is like traveling in a black hole. Product is decent but I wouldn't recommend them. No integrity or customer service, none!

theresac132
10/5/18

Horrible customer service!! I work for a small church and we did ONE survey with about 50 responses. There is no option to pay for just one survey. You are required to provide your credit card info and pay for a month with auto renew! I cancelled the day it was supposed to renew but was charged anyway and they REFUSED to refund the $37! Should have done my due diligence prior to using them. I then would have seen many other negative reviews with the same issue. Wow! They make their money by scamming others out of theirs. So I am paying for services I won't use. Never again Survey Monkey!

terrym49
9/8/18

Upgrade by paying money?
What utter nonsense!
An hour survey for nothing then instead of them paying you, they want you to pay them
Ditch these maniacs!

jasond271
9/3/18

We set up a 1-yr pre-paid premium for a client last week and found out from that client that someone else there had already set up and paid for a premium account. When the error was discovered and we made SurveyMonkey aware of the duplicate accounts mistake, they responded by holding the money and hiding behind their policy on non-refundable fees. I made a follow-up attempt to ask for leniency given our client's mistake and they refused even partial refund.

We manage many sites for various clients and have set them up with Survey Monkey accounts before so we're a reseller. We attempted to help our confused client out and save them a few bucks. Instead, SurveyMonkey insisted on keeping the money and retained the $384 we mistakenly charged with them. On the other hand, they cost the company a good customer and negative publicity we will share with hundreds of agencies, brand clients, vendors and startups we know and work with.

crisb13
7/31/18

WATCH your plan renewal date, and turn auto renewal off immediately or they will get you. No consideration, they got my money but they will not get any more of my business!

support@surveymonkey.com thank you, and you are welcome!

glent18
7/1/18

i have just reat on line review about the monkey i just sent a screen shot to you and the us dpt of justice if washington it was a page of your sc

Tip for consumers: scam site

bobj212
6/20/18

EXPENSIVE EXPENSIVE EXPENSIVE EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME WASTING TIME WASTING TIME WASTING TIME WASTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandonm98
5/14/18

I have taken a ton of their surveys over the past 6 months, some short, some unexpectedly long. My take is they lure you in with the chance to win a 100 dollar gift card but I'm really questioning how many people actually win those...

haillyf
3/26/18

I am not a fan at all of this one!

But give VeryDice a shot if you are like me and are not a fan!

I figured I'd share with you whats been helping me lately! Going from a two family income, down to my income has been a struggle since December, but we've managed..My sister-in-law turned me onto this app and its been very helpful. We've managed to keep up on bills and still feed all everyone (including my pets.) All thanks to VeryDice giving me the ability to stock up on snacks, dog food, cat food, and cat litter. I promise this isn't a scam, just read the paragraph below and give it a shot. I promise you, that you won't regret it at all! God Bless - Take care!

Download the VeryDice App!

Are you finding yourself tight on cash, seeing ridiculous prices at the store for kids or baby items? Download the App VeryDice and see what you can get for free.

So far I have gotten snacks for my family, clothes for myself, toys for my niece's and nephews, a new microwave. That's to name a few. This app has helped me and my family through a tough time. Just download the app and use my code 1945509. Adding this code sets you up completely and makes us friends on there as well.

When you sign up you get free 50 rolls from the company, when you refer a friend you get another 30 free rolls. Play games, watch videos, and answering surveys get you free rolls as well.

Again that app is call VeryDice. Use friend code 1945509 to be 100% signed up!

jennyt63
2/19/18

I like the ease of setting up a quick survey for free and then being notified of the new responses. I wish they offered more options for free users though.

jeffc164
1/3/18

Last month I created a survey that had 15 questions using SurveyMonkey's free plan. Since then they have changed their pricing so that if you have more than 10 questions you pay $35 per month.

I used to love surveyMonkey. I cannot make another similar survey now. I'm just an average Joe, not some big company that can afford another subscription service.

Way to go for the big money grab SurveyMonkey! Average Joe's like me will never use your service again! I recommend you stay away from SurveyMonkey!

thaddeusb16
9/8/17

So that I can get continuing education credit. After I fill it out-I don't get any verification by email. I will have to track down the people from my last conference-which was out of State, and see if I get credit. I NEED that credit to maintain my licensing and other credentials. They used to use the white sheet/yellow copy system, but now it's gone all High Tech. This would be fine-if it actually worked right.

keng66
9/8/17

the navigation is terrible. Their prices are far too expensive for what you get. You have to pay a premium just to talk to someone which is absurd. Their question "logic" stinks because it rarely works correctly. Its buggy three are much better programs on the market.

upsetc7
9/7/17

They try to milk you for every simple little feature, and even when you do pay to upgrade, Survey Monkey still refuses to give you your data. I had over 400 responses to a survey and they would not allow me to access the data even though I had upgraded to a Select Plan. Daylight robbery! And the worst part is, now they want me to pay AGAIN so I can access my results...

alicea45
8/29/17

I did not authorize the withdraw of $35 from my bank. I contact them and told them I had nothing to do with the transaction and they said "sorry, we don't offer refunds". Even when I clearly said I didn't make the transaction.

I didn't purchase anything on your stupid site. So I had to get my bank involved so get a refund.

kathyk99
8/23/17

Navigation is confusing, it's true. That I could suffer through (it was after all FREE). But after my respondents all replied, I could not access 75% of responses and that was that. I did get a "customer service" email thread going, but in the end I was told that my respondents didn't know what they were doing. Yeah, right.

davidt273
7/28/17

I have used Survey Monkey twice now and have had frustrations both times. The first was because I hired them to run two surveys and could not get access to my second survey's data unless I subscribed to a monthly plan. They admitted the wording is unclear in the sign up process and gave me seven days to analyze my date without having to subscribe to a monthly plan.
The second and last time was due my launching a survey and immediately noticing that something was wrong as my respondents were only answering one of six questions. I immediately tried to find a contact number or email address for support on their website to get this corrected. After several minutes and a lot of clicking, I found a way to fill out a feedback form through their sales page. That was 14 hours ago and no response and now my survey is almost finished as incomplete as it is and I feel I wasted $300. I will not use them again.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

hi im puja working in http://prologins.com/ . Its so easy to give views. Just you need to click on write a Review option. Then You done write your view n post. Easy.

By puja p.

Questions? Get answers from the SurveyMonkey staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SurveyMonkey