Review of Stitch Fix

Tel: +1-800-231-7679
hello@stitchfix.com

amyd307
3/19/19

Tried it twice and it was two times too many. The stylists don't listen and the clothes were ugly/outdated

kerryb107
2/26/19

Stitch Fix is a great idea, but for a limited number of people: those who are on the trendy side of clothing. It's for the adventuresome woman (though they do offer fixes' for men and children) who is willing to try just about everything. I decided to give them a try when I was burnt out with finding business casual clothing for my part time job. I can never seem to find anything that I like locally so I figured maybe a total stranger with a general idea of what I like to wear would be the answer. Maybe they would have access to clothing that would appeal to me.

First fix I received contained a scarf, a pair of jeans, a pair of dress pants and two tops. I consider scarves an accessory so that was one mark against them as I stated I didn't want accessories. I had just purchased jeans the month prior, so I sent the ones in my fix back. I kept one sleeveless top because it would go well with the required blazer I have to wear at my part time job. I returned the other top, too, because it was made of a material that would cause a lot of static. After putting my returns in the mail, I signed in to my account and went through all of the steps to let them know what I liked and didn't
like. I think I also liked the trousers, but they were too pricey.

Second fix I received contained a scarf, jeans, two tops and a long light weight sweater. I liked the color of the sweater so I kept it, though now I realize it's going to be a pain to match it with anything. Also, second mark against them was that my stylist didn't listen to what I wanted. I'd indicated no jeans and no scarves, but still got both. I received my third and final fix yesterday. FINALLY, no jeans. Still a scarf, though. But the trousers they included, though I love them, I returned because they were above my price range.

So I canceled my account, mostly because I am going through a big career move that won't require me to dress up, therefore I have no need for their services. Also, I can't really afford the clothes they send. Lastly, the stylists really need to pay attention to the feedback. A friend of mine decided to try it and indicated from the start no jeans; when she got her first (and last) fix, there were jeans inside.

mh459
12/11/18

I heard about stitch fix a couple years ago, but just ordered my first "fix" last month. They were behind so I didn't actually get it for 3 or 4 weeks after I placed my request. I specifically said I didn't like certain things and that I needed dresses for work...so they sent me two short dresses that are casual, not work appropriate, one I could just barely get away with wearing to work, the other a hideous floral cowl neck thing that looked like a tunic, not a dress. I also asked for no green and no crew necks and sure enough, I got something with a lot of green and something else with a crew neck! I kept one thing just because I didn't want to lose my $20 and it fit OK, even though I would never have paid the price they asked for the item I kept when shopping for myself. It was synthetic (as was pretty much everything they sent me), too. Also, I realized when I went to wear it that it had stray threads hanging all over the outside and inside seams. So tacky! I did select their cheapest option, but their prices aren't cheap - just the clothes. They did throw in one more expensive thing, a sweater, that also wasn't good enough quality for the price. So I gave it a try, but no more stitch fixes for me. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete your account, which is worrisome. I am going to try to delete my credit card info from it at least!

pg80
11/16/18

I gave it two tries. The fit was very off both times. Style was ok. Their Imarkup is expensive. They have some in-house brands that are hard to compare, but the other brands they sell are literally over twice the cost you can find for the exact item at most other retailers. The big sell is saving time but when I have to rush to the post office in their short return window it takes more time than going to the mall.

myriahd
10/30/18

I thought I would give this site a try. Big mistake. I very specifically put the price range of "as low as possible". For starters the quality of the outfit that I received was nice but definitely did not surpass the quality of anything that I couldn't pick up myself at Target. I received a pair of jeans, a scarf, a KNIT Blazer, a sleeveless blouse, and a Jersey knit long sleeve hooded t-shirt. The total cost of the outfit was $278!! The jeans alone were $88! The KNIT blazer was $68. When I went back to the Stitch fix website to indicate I wanted to return the items and it asked for the reason why I listed that the price was too high it then prompted me to revise my profile to indicate that I desired lower-priced items. I had already selected the lowest possible price category! Interestingly enough, Stitch fix does not have the option to leave general feedback for customers to see. You can only leave feedback for your "stylist" to see. So unhappy customers have to go elsewhere, such as this website, to let everybody else know to steer clear of stitchfix.com. I certainly will not be placing any future orders with them. Lesson learned!

markm1019
10/28/18

Nothing to see here except lost money and clothes that come from China! Avoid!!! Or you and your Andrew Jackson will soon go different ways.

estevang1
10/18/18

I tried the stitch fix for men and my experience was not good and a waste of my time and money. All I received was 2 long sleeve shirts that I couldn't fit into, even after I told them I wear an extra large and have broad shoulders and muscular arms, so they should of put that into consideration if the close you send fit smaller. They also sent 2 polos, which were fitted and not bad but at 55.00 each. I looked online and found same shirts for half the price. Lastly I received a hoodie which I know I put that I don't wear, I tried it on anyways and super tight. It's as if these close were clearance at one point and now they are reselling. Please do your research if you choose to buy an item because you'll probably find it cheaper online. The stylist fee should not be charged on first box or any. Other similar companies don't have that fee. If I would of kept the 5 items it would of been 190.00 plus tax which is ridiculous to me for the items which were made In China I believe. Waste of 20 bucks and time

randiw10
10/17/18

I've been using Stitch Fix for a few years and at first I liked it. I was receiving some really cute good quality clothes that were reasonably priced. It also seemed as if the stylists were better a few years ago too and more in tune with their clients. Now, it appears to me as if their so called stylists just throws some junk into a box and sends it off. The clothes that I have received recently were ugly, very poor quality and way over priced. They're sending Walmart clothes at Nordstrom prices. I've been sending back most of the pieces I've received. I do not recommend.

linnm2
10/3/18

If you want hideously ugly overpriced clothes that completely ignore your likes and dislikes, then Stitch Fix is for you! Would have loved to have submitted photos but I put them in the return package as fast as I opened the box.

moochieb
9/30/18

Garbage. Absolute garbage. They paid no attention to what I said I liked. They refused to issue a refund of the styling fee when I kept nothing.

andyb178
8/28/18

I'm 42 and a professional working in a client-facing role. My wife started using StitchFix a few months before I did. She also tried TrunkClub and some other similar services. She was really pleased with what she got, and the overall experience, and so I decided to try it out.
I signed up on the website, gave my sizes, preferences, went through the process. Had a brief written conversation with a stylist. My first fix was really well done. They even sent a pair of shoes that i never would have chosen at the store myself, but have ended up being one of my favorites.
I have received a fix every 2 months for about 8 months now, and have been pleased with the majority of what they have sent. Most of it is pretty solid. I have seen a couple of shirts that seem to have a wrinkly material? I mentioned this to the stylist and haven't gotten anything like that since.
Both my wife and I are well-dressed (not fashionistas or anything!) and have both received compliments multiple times on clothing we've gotten from StitchFix.
I'm honestly shocked at all the bad reviews given the positive experience I've had. I imagine one of two things has happened to these folks with bad reviews:
1. They are asking for a price point on items that StitchFix isn't good at meeting. This is not a bargain hunter solution. I don't feel they are overpriced, but StitchFix is certainly not going to be your discount shopping solution for clothing!
2. They aren't good at explaining what they want. This might sound rude or impossible....but I've run into my fair share of people that are ineffective communicators.

Just guesses. My experience has been 90% positive and I no longer shop for anything other than my graphic surf tees that i've been wearing since high school. :-)

Good luck!

bl117
8/14/18

I do most of my shopping online so I thought I would give it a try.
First of all, I had a family tragedy just 2 days after I signed up and created my profile. I then went to my Stitch Fix app to cancel my first shipment and my entire subscription because of financial reasons. I found no way to cancel the subscription but did cancel my shipment. Next thing I know I get the notice my first fix had shipped.
So I get my box and opened it up. I found that they did a satisfactory job of styling me based on my profile preferences. However I was appalled when I looked at the prices on the invoice. For this reason I wouldn't have purchased anything anyway. Some of the items were clearly second hand at brand new designer prices. I would never pay these prices in any circumstance.
Since I could not afford the $20 styling fee at the moment due to unforeseen circumstances I needed to cancel and get that refunded. I found no way to do this online or on their app. I did easily find their customer service phone number in a Google search. Amazingly I got right through to a very friendly person on the phone. I explained my situation briefly and she said it was no problem to close my account and refund my styling fee. Now this just happened today mind you, so if I later find I was still charged I will post a follow up review.
My rating of 2 is for the service itself, being way overpriced for used or cheap quality clothing. As for the customer service I received I was very happy with the end result.
It's a fun idea but they really milk the money out of you if you for the subscription and their prices.

mias47
7/14/18

I receive a "Fix" every three weeks and in the past year there has only been one time that I sent everything back. The stylists listen to my preferences and the prices are comparable to what i would pay in a store at the mall.

donnas480
7/11/18

I have tried several companies like this. All are super cheap and I never keep the clothing. Stitch fix is better quality and I tend to keep more. The prices ARE a little higher (you could find them on sales racks at Nordstrom if you liked to shop--but you don't--so you don't care! lol) My only complaint would be that they allow more then 3 days to send back what you don't want to keep. What if you are on vacation or out of town a few days? Can mess you us financially if they charge you for the whole 'fix.'

raeb31
7/10/18

First, let me preface this review by saying that I'm a 5', overweight, 52yo who has felt "frumpy" for the past 20 years. I rarely ever spend a lot of money on clothing, shopping at Target, or Kohls when there's a sale AND I have a coupon. I've always had a difficult time finding clothing that looked good on my short frame, even when I wasn't overweight. So I hate trying clothes on at the store. I'm not into the typical "girly" clothes and comfort means everything to me. I'm not into fashion or designer brands either.

SO...perhaps that's why I've enjoyed the boxes that I've received. I think I've received about 8 of them so far, in the last 12 months. I have made a couple general requests, (such as "jewel-tone colors" or "long shorts") and the stylist has made attempts at fulfilling them. Many of the items are things I would never pick out myself, and I sometimes cringe when I open the box. But after I try them on, I usually end up liking them. Everything fits perfectly. I've only had to exchange for a bigger size once, and the exchange was free. The materials are all soft and VERY comfy. I have not experienced the poor quality that other reviewers have mentioned. I feel the quality is comparable to Target and Kohls.

However, there are times when my box contains an item I don't really want, but I end up buying the whole box to get the 25% discount. It's cheaper to keep all 5 items than to return 1 and keep 4! The prices are quite high unless you keep the whole box. My boxes run about $200 AFTER the discount. My last box had a simple tshirt dress, a pair of shorts, 2 tops and a sheer wrap. So I still paid more than I would've if I bought at a store.

But, for me, the cost saves me the time and aggravation of shopping and trying on item after item in the stores. It gets me to wear something besides jeans, tshirts and sneakers. It gets me wearing things I never would pick out for myself.

cynthiat83
5/29/18

I like many people who have reviewed Stitch Fix wanted it to work. I love the concept. I have given them several shots, redid my profile with specific feedback, and made specific requests. Still, the last box was a strike out. Who knew a pair of white linen pants was such a challenge. I received denim boyfriend shorts instead! I aired my concerns with Customer Service Rep. Jimmie who of course, refused to refund my style fee despite the fact that my request was totally blown off. Then, I was criticized for using the term "ugly" to describe my discontent with items. Sorry Jimmie but a shapeless royal blue cold shoulder tee shirt, and a heavy gauge cotton tank in a pink and brown-gray design are plain unattractive! Better word?

Don't waste your hope and styling fee on this company. They could care if you are satisfied. They are going to dress you in frumpy, over-priced clothes anyway.

ajr12
4/9/18

Like many, I had high hopes going into this - I was interested in trying things that I might not pick out normally for myself. The clothing that arrived was over-priced and cheaply made, and only two items actually fit. Not worth it - returned everything and took the $20 loss.

krism90
4/9/18

Non-famous brand. Wrinkle and poor quality. Overpriced and bad style. I paid $20 for nothing. I don't recommend to anyone.

normap20
4/5/18

Since I love to shop online,I decided to open an account with stitch fix.I have been shopping online for many many years but this is the worst of the worst so far. Anyone out there do your own research deeper 'don't be fool.5 PCS. $400 and neither one of each get my attention to love it. Buy in Walmart they have better clothing, the material and the style are way better not to mentioned way cheaper with the same material from stitch fix. I even got a really bad night dreams that night. I was so stress for a week because I couldn't believed that I got scam just like that!

rutha91
4/4/18

I have bought 3 or 4 Stitchfix boxes. I kept the clothes but a few pieces did not last long. Didnt seem like they were paying attention to what I wanted. The last straw was when the stopped advertising during Laura Ingraham show. I dont care if youre a liberal or republican, we have free speech. It shows their extreme political bias. That is a dangerous thing.

janeld4
3/11/18

I have never left a bad review in my life, but buyer be warned, I have left messages to cancel my account, thought it had happened, NOPE, just got a charge on my account after several months!! Can't seem to get a hold of anyone to help me there no phone number is your first clue!

Super cheap clothing, nothing goes together...I can buy random piece I like, I thought the clothing would be a bit pricier for the service of a stylist...NOPE. Stay away!!

cindym190
3/10/18

I've been receiving StitchFix for a while now. Today, I received the worst fix ever. Every piece was cheap and poorly made and the prices were way too high for the quality. I barely had the items out of the box before I put them in the return envelope. I'd say 75% of the time I've been let down by the contents of the box. In my opinion, the stylist can't possibly put much thought into it when you get items that are just random pieces. You would think if they just looked at your Pinterest post, they would get it right every time, but that is so far from the truth. And you tell them that you already have something similar, like a certain color jeans, and they keep sending you the same thing over and over. I am so disappointed that I'm giving them one more fix to get it right. Oh, I'm 53 and they should see that in my profile, but what I received today was picked for a 20 year old. I would not recommend StitchFix to anyone. I've stayed with them for a while just hoping that they might eventually get it right. I'm done with that though. They've failed to meet my expectations! I'm tired of looking forward to my fix and being disappointed.

anal123
2/19/18

Received a gift card for my birthday. I kept 2 of the items just so my $20 stylist fee can be used towards the items I kept. Cheap material and expensive. I get better quality clothing at Target or the Loft. Spent my gift card and canceled my subscription.

maureno
2/18/18

This is such a great idea, a professional stylist to help you choose personalized clothing that will look and fit great and save the consumer time in shopping. Obviously, this can not work 100% of the time since the stylist are choosing items for you without ever having met you. It should be expected that items will be returned when they don't work out. If you could send items back for free that would be ok. However, Stitch Fix penalizes the customer when their stylists make an error. They inflate their prices by at least 25% and you only get the true price if you agree to keep all 5 pieces. If items don't work out and you return some, you pay 25% higher prices on what you keep (exceeding the $20 styling fee that is supposedly credited.). This leaves customers feeling cheated. This is sad because some items have been good but I can not overlook that I am being taken advantage of. It's too bad, if they had fair practices I would continue using this service. I've tried them 3 times and will not use them again. Two times there was one item that I didn't really like or feel matched the price they charged but I kept them because of the 25% discount. The last time, 3 of 5 pieces were so obviously a bad style for my body type and skin tone. One of which was a horribly ugly tunic that looked like a nursing smock and would look terrible on anyone. I kept 2 pieces and paid the prices that were inflated by $38.50-- If I'd sent it all back I would have paid $20. I emailed with them about this and they sent very canned response and basically shrugged off my concern. I don't think they'll stay in business long by consistently cheating the customer.

audreyn4
1/26/18

I ordered my first fix from stitch fix and I was not happy with the prices of the products. Although they are not supposed to refund my subscription fee they did anyway because I did not like my first fix. As a result, I have nothing bad to say about the company.

Can you just call them of your delima or maybe take the package of clothes with you & try them on @ the hotel...and send back what you don't want to keep. You can put the returns in any UPS MAILER BOX.

By Donna T.

Questions? Get answers from the Stitch Fix staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Stitch Fix