Review of SquareTrade

Tel: +1-415-520-3420
st-questions@squaretrade.com

rokes
12/13/18

Purchased many ST warranties (over a dozen active) but have never used one (luck + good shopping practice). For starters, whatever warranty term is stated, subtract one b/c ST will make you go to the manufacturer for the 1st year. In addition, the amount of time spent trying to complete/receive a warranty replacement would be better spent buying a better quality product (unless your hourly wage is <$5/hour). Finally, if you care about quality, instead of replacing 1:1, ST has the option of replacing with an item of THEIR choice. Turns out Square Trade warranties are not so square - more like obtuse.

jims571
11/19/18

I wrote this review a while back and I am having another issue with my TV and in hopes of not having the same issue with Costco/Square Trade warranty. I was wrong, second time and they are just as bad, they just seem to put warranty issues on the back burner. Also, Square Trade is an Allstate company so I know I won't be buying any kind of insurance from them.

Don't buy extended warranty! We bought a TV and extended warranty and now need a repair and we have been sent parts to fix the TV but we can't get anyone to come out now to fix it. Costco keeps telling me how much they appreciate my business and then transfer me to Square Trade (warranty company) I started this process 2 weeks ago and just got off the phone with them again and i get the same bs that someone will call me in a couple of days. DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY!

aprill41
9/14/17

I took a 2 year warranty out with Square Trade on a camera I bought. Initially they asked for a receipt so I sent a scan which they approved. Almost a year later I submitted a repair request for the camera. They wanted a receipt again so I resent them scan of the same receipt they approved previously. They rejected it because it did not have the sellers Ebay logo on it and it never did. (The seller could not be reached.) Many angry emails and phone calls later through a host of phone numbers and connections (about over a period of 2 weeks) they finally accepted the receipt. They were definitely jerking me around hoping I would give up the fight. I sent my camera in for repair and it came back with out the battery (which they requested with the camera). It took another 3 phone calls before they agreed to send me the battery.

During this debacle, I Googled "Square Trade complaints and found a long list of similar problems with them. Do not do business with Square Trade!

vidyas1
3/1/17

Read lots of reviews about them . Have two of them on my home electronics ...have to wait and see how they turn out .

christophere21
5/7/16

After my horrific experience with DHGate and 4+ months of absolute disbelief that a company like that is allowed to stay in business, I remembered that I purchased an extended warranty on the product with squaretrade.com.

DHGATE: 25+ Chat sessions and 15 unreturned emails whilest their best and brightest...(about as bright as oil..) tried to figure out how to handle a cut and dry case, and SQUARETRADE handled it in two - and it would have been one, but I had to send over my receipt.

The end result, instant, fantastic customer service with only question, "When and where would you like your refund?" And yes, they processed it on Saturday morning! REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE! Thank you SquareTrade! And to DHGate, "Sit and spin! I'm still going legal with you theives!"

Chris

andrewd46
8/20/15

When I buy a waarenty, I expect to recieve it in 1 maybe five days. The first bank considerdered their first check fraudelent, told me "we dont expect fraudelent checks." Squaretrades advice was to try another bank. ok, so then thay say we can send it through pay pal, cool1-6 bussiness days. I never recieved that payment. By time rent came due, I couldnt afford it. They ruined the last month of my life for sure, the next few months potentially. I finally ricieved my 129.99 waranty refund in the last 24 hours. Exactly a month later. In my opinion, unethical, corrupt and morally wrong. Thanks Square trade. I reported them via online email or submit for, not sure what they call it, to the usps

ede125
4/17/15

They make it look easy to get computer insurance but you should really read the fine print. Getting a repair is next to impossible unless you are willing to fork over the money first and wait to be reimbursed. Getting someone on the phone to update you on a claim is almost out of the question. They have my money now but they will never get my money again! Horrible customer service and claims service!

Tip for consumers: Don't believe all the so called awards. They are paid for!

Questions? Get answers from the SquareTrade staff and other customers.

SquareTrade?