Review of SpiritHalloween

GuestServices@spirithalloween.com

brendam339
2/1/19

Worse company ever!
After wait two months for Christmas' toys, made five calls to the Customer Service and promises that the toys will arrive. At the end, they said that my order was a ghost order and never process. So, they had to cancel my order. I waist two months and have a very crying- disappointed kid waiting for his toys every single day at the window

joanneg118
1/6/19

Worse company ever
Charge u twice until receive product
Then credit u back a charge
WHat!
What good company does this??
Not a good company
BEWARE OF FINE PRINT

derekl64
12/26/18

Based on my most recent interaction with Customer Service, this is what I now know regarding the status of my delayed order:

-The shipment is over a week late, but is only now being discovered. A shipment, expected to arrive by 12/20/2018, carrying several high demand items, did not show and no questioned nor followed up on its location. No "Order Delayed" notifications sent nor plans to be sent.
-A new shipment may or may not be in route and may or may not have the product to fill my order.
-As there is no Shipping Information, the delivery (still showing Expected 12/20) may or may not be arriving sometime in January 2019. I was advised to expect possible delivery around the beginning to mid - January, but most likely before February 2019 (no guarantees).
-If there is a Shipping delay, they will send out notifications, unless it is an unforeseen delay, a delay by the shipper, a recent delay, or a delay that may affect order processing. Guaranteed Delivery By dates are only estimates, and NOT guaranteed.

My order, placed Oct. 26, 2018, was originally expected mid-December, then changed to be shipped December 20. The ETA is now unavailable and can not be guaranteed. What can be guaranteed is that this will be my last order with this company. Here's hoping I get my order eventually.

bw126
12/10/18

I ordered plates, napkins, and cups for my son's birthday party. After a very long wait period - which went beyond what they stated for shipping. Then I receive my shipment and it's a partial order - the majority of my order was on back order for 6 weeks past when I ordered it online.

I tried calling them but couldn't get through. I then went online... a 3 minute conversation took 20 because the person on the other end took ages to respond.

Absolute garbage and pathetic... will never, ever do business with this company.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE VENDOR!!!!!!

angelm198
12/5/18

Bought a costume on 10/20 and on their website it said I should have received it by Halloween. All normal, got a confirmation I was happy. I wait a couple days, and on the 28th they tell me that they don't have the item that I bought so they cancel my order and all they did was give me some bs coupon that wasn't really different from the free ones they give out to everyone. I am still also getting emails to this day from this transaction which is kind of annoying. Very unprofessional and they kind of ruined my Halloween.

michaela645
11/23/18

Purchased a Adult Hooded Robe, and Fog Machine. Fog machine is insufferably loud, and fog output is dismal. Buyer beware I guess.
Hooded Robe only contained the hood. No Robe. I pulled from the back of the rack, but someone must have stolen it.
Reviews led me to believe CS would be useless, and getting in touch with an agent on the phone was difficult, and some emails went unanswered for a while, but in the end they sent me the product in full in less than a month. (I'm in Canada FWIW)

katerynam4
11/21/18

I never leave any reviews but I am so mad with this company that I decided to make an exception. I ordered a costume for my boyfriend 9 days prior to the event. The company emailed me on the day when my order should have already arrived and said that it was canceled because they don't have the item in stock. They said they are going to remove any pending charges from my bank account and even sent me a rebate form to fill out for this inconvenience. The charge was pending for a long time then they finally removed it. Week after I notice a new charge for the same amount that was pending. I contacted the company through online chat since it was impossible to get a hold of anyone through the phone. The representative was careless and rude but he assured me that he will forward it to their support team to fix it and remove any charges. They did removed it eventually until today I see another pending charge. I had to contact their company again. I received the same careless response that they will forward this matter to their team. I asked for another email confirmation of my order cancellation and the answer was negative. I gave up and called the bank to cancel my card. The representative from my bank said that they've been trying to charge my card almost everyday for the past 3 weeks! I don't care if that was a glitch in their system but there is no excuses for the lack of professionalism that their support team showed. I will NEVER shop here again! And will tell all my friends to avoid this scam company!

aprils157
11/13/18

I bought a few cheap items in a local store on Halloween. I got my credit card statement two weeks later. $250 ?!

Based on the horrible reviews, people should avoid shopping here both in-store and online.

tylero21
11/6/18

I ordered stuff on Sept 4th to give more than enough time to get my shipments. One decoration came three days before Halloween. It was delayed and expected 10/15 and was still later. I just called on my other items two months now after the purchase and am told they're not even in stock. Don't email support because they will not help you. Calling is a nightmare too, most things try and just point you to their website which hardly even works. They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. There are other stores for Halloween shop there and save yourself the headache

viviang45
11/3/18

Long Rant! I ordered an accessory for Eli's Fortnite costume on Oct. 12th at Spirit Halloween online it was a preordered item. Ever since I placed the order the money would be on retail hold until it was shipped out. This past week I've called their call center and had been given the run around. One representative told me my order was to be delivered on the 30th. Each day i would call to find out why I never recieved a Tracking number their response was sometimes they send them and sometimes they don't it's the warehouse who does all that. So Tuesday came and went and no pickaxe was delivered so for Halloween Eli had no pickaxe i called Thursday and spoke to a manager who had nasty attitude who told me my item was lost in transit ornlost in the warehouse she ended up hanging up on me. An hour went by an i was beyond frustrated Samuel Arenas gave it a try and we got the best Manager to help us out she called several stores in the El Paso area and couldnt locate one. I had finally decided to cancel the order yesterday and order from Spencer's (which I should've done in the first place) my order came in this afternoon and Eli is beyond excited. I loved Shopping with Spirit Halloween but after this experience there is no way I'll ever do it again. Horrible that i couldve got them the costumes they wanted if only I had shopped with Spencer's to begin with.

liliaa7
11/3/18

I ordered my costume on october 24th and the confirmation email said I would receive it on october 30th. Well It's November 3rd and I haven't received it.
I went to the store to find answers, and they have the rudest workers in the Chula Vista Store in San Diego CA. Never will buy anything again from this store. I've never seen something WORST in Customer Service. Nobody gives you answers, they just steal your money.

phile43
11/2/18

This place is full of incompetent, rude, disrespectful "worker" if that's what you want to call them. They have this ridiculous policy that states after the 19th of Oct they don't do refunds for ANY reason...even if the reason is their fault. We bought a costume for my toddler who wears a 2T on Oct 25th (go figure), we grabbed a costume with 2T-3T on the bag, The lady who checked me took the costume out the bag and "checked" it , she didn't notice or say the costume was 4T-5T she also didn't mention all sales were final NO MATTER WHAT. Long story short we had event to be at the next day so my son couldn't wear the costume because it was way too big so I had to run to wal-mart and get another costume because 1 it was too early and far to exchange or return it. I bring the costume back and explain to them what happened and they all giving me blank look like oh well because of their stupid return policy , customer service sucks there should be exceptions esp when it's your employee fault too. They just was trying to force me to exchange it for another POS costume they had in there. The "manager" some black girl just walked off from me with a bad attitude and then some black dude tried to play good cop be end up damn near crying trying to explain to me why he couldn't do the return because he would get "fired" i'm thinking to myself this a temp job bro... you will be jobless in few weeks anyway lol..I guess that explains the terrible customer service and scamming people. you have to get ignorant , rude and low educated people to work in places like that because once Oct 19th hits you need people like them to be slim balls. Don't buy costumes here...Just go to Party City , Walmart or something where people actually care about their jobs and have some intelligence. Spirit won't see my money or anybody I know money (im telling everybody I know how terrible this company is) ...oh yea the teary eyed cry baby dude suggested I "donate" the costume they scammed out of..I guessed that's a good idea since they stole my money.

ulisesr6
11/2/18

Please listen to the reviews. I seen the reviews and still went ahead and ordered. The only reason why I ordered was because shipping date was promised on 10/29. I ordered 10/24. When tracking the order, it was scheduled to arrive 11/3 after Halloween. When trying to call, we had no answer after an hour. Then it hung up on it's own. Called back and finally answered. They'll have you call Fedex and USPS. The worst . Expect to be on hold all day. They're all going to blame each other so you dont know who to blame. Start with Spirit Halloween though. They are the false advertisers. Since I couldn't get a straight answer, I ordered the same costume and paid an extra $20 for shipping because the costume was important for my God daughters school. I ordered the 2nd costume 10/29 ("overnight shipping") and was supposed to get it 10/30. When tracking it, the costume said it'll arrive 10/31 @ 8pm. At this point I was just super mad. The worst experience ever. If I could find that costume anywhere else I would've, but I had promised the costume already. Anyways, both costumes are still not here, one says arrival 11/3 and the other 10/31 @ 8pm. When tracking, I seen that they would get to a local Fedex. I had to track it before it got to USPS, and asked to get it picked up at Fedex before it takes too long. Waited another hour with Fedex just to tell them to hold it because I was over it and I'll pick it up myself. My God daughter didnt ger it on time for her school activities and she was sad. I tried everything I could but I had maxed out my money. Thank you guys for the worst experience ever. You made me fail a loved one and you showed no signs of caring. GO $#*! YOURSELVES BECAUSE I KNOW YOU STILL DONT CARE. I WILL LET EVERYONE ON MY SOCIAL MEDIAS KNOW AND TRUST ME I HAVE FOLLOWING.

mr200
11/1/18

I bought 2 costumes and both were missing items from the packages. I went back to the store and was told that I couldn't get a refund because refund date was on the 19th but items were bought on the 25th they even told me I couldn't exchange so I was basically stuck with incomplete costumes. NEVER again am I spending me money here. Customer service is very unprofessional both in store and over the phone. The guy basically told me it's my responsibility to check all of the items. Don't they ask to NOT open packages? SCAM

ab340
11/1/18

Ordered over a month in advance. Still didn't get it in time for Halloween. Pathetic. Don't advertise something if you can't come through with it

juliannf
10/31/18

When I placed my order I on October 25, I was told on line that it would be delivered by October 29. Well it wasn't and the night before Halloween we began to panick. I called the "so called" customer service number and was on hold for an hour, and then received an automated message that " I should try to call back later". Customer service also sent an automated message suggesting an online chat, which was non- existent. There was also a link for email help, which led to a postal address! I have never seen such an unprofessional company that puts so much effort into giving off the appearance of looking legitimate. They are so far from honest and legitimate. I will never make the mistake of ordering online from them again. Spread the word please!!!

timm463
10/31/18

I placed an order that was botched by the company. I was told the order would be cancelled and that I should place a new order. Unfortunately, the first order was never cancelled and I received duplicate pending charges that went on and off for weeks because the item wasn't even going to be available for months (and keeps getting pushed back further and further). I asked to have both orders cancelled AGAIN. I was told they were, yet I am STILL receiving pending charges because apparently it was not handled correctly. Now I'm stuck in a pending charge nightmare until the item comes out (in two months!) or someone with a brain who actually knows what they're doing fixes the problem. Terrible first experience. I will not be shopping here ever.

shandaw4
10/31/18

Received costume that was too small on 10/24/18. Stood in line for next available store clerk to do a return or exchange. She told me that I would have to wait for the next available store clerk. Once that clerk became available, he advised they could not do returns for items received after 10/19/18 because people wear the costumes and try to return worn items. They didn't have the child size costume available either. When a 12 year old straight-A student has used their earned allowance money to buy a product and cannot exchange or get their money back Shame on your Spirit Halloween. My child would rather donate your costume then buy anything else from your store.

christyannw
10/30/18

Ordered 6 days ago and still haven't gotten products. Paid extra for 3 days shipping. Holloween is tomorrow and no costumes for kids. Customer service is terrible. Waited over 30 mins twice and got hung up on. Never going to order from them ever!

kristenc102
10/29/18

I preorded a item in July for delivery by today Oct. 29th. For the last 4 months every 10 days my account was charged the amt I ordered then put back. I contacted their customer service multiple times to only be told that the item would ship soon. I tried to just cancel my order to avoid being charged and was told I couldn't because it was still in processing. My husband finally contacted them and the person he talked too earlier this month told him that we wont get charged again until the times ships and he would get it sent out the next day. Since then I checked the status of my order and it showed cancelled. We contacted them again and they were showing it was in processing. Well today I was suppose to receive it and I didn't and it wont even let me view my order. After entering order info it takes me to a generic page. I will never shop with them again. The lies they told just so they didnt have to deal with us was beyond annoying. Cant get a straight answer from anyone. I didnt even want to give them a star but I had to in order to post.

katid2
10/29/18

I purchased a costume with accessories that came out too about $100, which, by the way, is astronomical for a bodysuit, skirt and a cheap space gun, but I digress.
I ended up having to purchase another costume, and tried to return this one, tags still on (the skirt supposedly lit up, but I didn't even pull the battery tab), in the bag, and unworn, and was told I could only do an exchange. They do have a small sign that was pointed out to me on my second visit, but the first time around it was insanely busy, and the only thing that the cashier mentioned was a Sick Kids donation.
I understand that this type of store only exists for a few weeks each year, which makes it difficult to accept returns, but it's even more difficult to make money when you have no customers, because I can assure you I will not be back.

denniferl
10/29/18

I recently purchased a costume from Spirit Halloween. The sales clerks were very unprofessional, they were not clear about return or exchange policies, they talk about random unnecessary information to distract from hearing their policies. I returned to Spirit Halloween 4 hours after purchasing a costume for my son, in hopes of returning the costume, as it was too small. The sales clerks were extremely rude, were very argumentative, and when I tried to explain my position and then not making their return/exchange policy clear, they threatened to call the police. I asked to speak with a manager, the child working stated she was the only one available. I asked to speak to someone with authority, and she threw a receipt at me and told me to call the corporate office. I asked for her name, she rudely replied Bethany and refused to give me a full name, so I could call in a complaint about her lack of customer service skills and extremely rude behavior. Had they made their return/exchange policy clear, I would not have purchased the costume. I feel the I was ripped off, deceived, and Spirit Halloween stole from me. I will never return to Spirit Halloween, I will boycott this store and all locations. I will also tell my friends, and deter people from doing business with such a crooked, thieving company. I hope Spirit Halloween does not come back to Auburn, Maine again.

charliec105
10/29/18

Placed order on 10/22 and paid $12.49 for Express Shipping, which gave me a specific (Not "Estimated") delivery date of 10/25. The morning of 10/24 Fed Ex said the package would arrive by end of day on 10/27 (2 days after spirit store's delivery date).

The first support phone call I made I was on hold for over 40 minutes. The woman sent me to Fed Ex to have them hold my package to pick it up myself.

The morning of 10/27 I received a new update that the delivery wouldn't be until 10/30! Which was useless because I needed the item on 10/27. Delivery date is 5 days past what their website stated.

Calling Support gives 40 minute hold times and initially says "just stay on the line and someone will be with you shortly" - but that doesn't happen, you have to guess the right options to finally be put into queue for the long hold time. The other option is to click the "live chat" button "at the top of the page" on their website, but the livechat button isn't always available at the top of the page. You have to navigate through the site to find it. When using live chat no one comes to chat, even though it says it's online or, after putting in details, like Name & order #, it says, "Thank you your email has been sent" within the live chat window.

momb1
10/29/18

These stores are nothing more than thieves. They sell you a packaged item with a picture of what is inside. When you open it you discover it is an unusable poorly assembled item, you cannot return it because it has been opened... when you say that is unacceptable, they brush you off, tell you to call corporate but won't give you the phone number.... when I looked it up myself, I haven't been able to get a person for two days (despite alledgedly being open 24hours) and I have left a message now to have my call returned which it states will be in 4+ HOURS. The on-duty manager looked at the item and said she couldn't see how it worked either BUT that maybe it comes that way so she couldn't authorize an EXCHANGE. She wouldn't open another one of that item to see if ours was defective because then they couldn't sell that piece of gargage either.... and then they even accused us of damaging said item when I wouldn't go away. We had purchased it about 10 hours earlier as part of a much larger order and wanted an exchange, not a refund.

If you like to buy unusable garbage and get heartburn arguing a losing battle with people who don't know the meaning of customer service, then by all mean shop here.

pierinaf
10/29/18

Trinna is very professional and very helpful when we had an issue with our costume.

I went to the Mount Prospect store in Mount Prospect store 60865

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the SpiritHalloween staff and other customers.

7 Photos for SpiritHalloween