Spencer's Online reviews

Tel: 800-762-041
GuestServices@spencergifts.com

angiev20
3/21/19

I use to like going to Spencer's since I was a young teenager, but lately, I've been uncomfortable with the message like, "Let's Summon Demons!" t-shirts that they also sell on mugs, blankets, like if this was a "successful merchandise", meaning I won't visit as frequently as I use to in Spencer's. They think it's all "cool" to expose this horrible message to the world. Not only the captions make me uncomfortable, but that the cartoon characters are children. WHAAATTT??!!!! Spencer's thinks the message "Demon Cat" and "Let's talk to Strangers" is so "positive" (sarcasm), they support this kind of thing. It's sending a non-helpful message to kids, teenagers, and adults as well. This shouldn't be allowed, in my opinion. I'm a teenager, by the way. Go to the store and find this, I don't really need to prove it on a picture.

andreat121
1/6/19

I ordered and item and then emailed to cancel when I realized what I had ordered wasn't at all what I thought it was. Literally 60 seconds after placing the order I emailed to cancel. I got an auto response that it was well into the process already and too late but to refuse the item and I'm a couple weeks when it gets back there and they process it, I'll get a refund minus shipping. I have never experienced anything like this. 60 seconds and the process is well on its way? On a Sunday at 4 am smh. I'm sure. Never ever buy online with this company. They get your money and they don't care whatsoever about the consumer.

abbiet6
12/21/18

I received every item but one on time in the initial order, but the last four weeks have been ridiculous just trying to fix the issue over that one item. One item sold to me was oversold, so it was canceled from my order, and I was told I'd have a refund back on my gift card in a few days time. At the time, ten days had passed and there was no refund, so I assumed that the money wasn't able to go back to my card and called to have the item in question replaced for an item of equal value. According to customer service, who I had to speak to three times to get a solid answer about this issue, the money was marked as refunded in their system, which they said made them unable to do anything about the item I was looking to replace. (As this item was a Christmas present for my dear friend that I bought on purpose during the time Spencer's was having a couple of specific online coupons, I was very frustrated with being refused a replacement item when the cancelation of the original item was no fault of my own, as well.) However, if you call the card check number on the back of the Spencer's gift card, it still insists that my gift card has $0 in total on it. I guess the money is supposedly just floating around in the multiverse somewhere? I don't have any idea, because I've tried three times now to get in contact with Spencers' financial department and have received no response to my issue for two weeks. I've basically bought an item that I never received, have never received a refund for, the company was unwilling to replace the original item when the fault of the cancelation lies solely with them, and now the financial department appears to be ignoring my insistence on a fix for this problem. It's now close enough to Christmas that I had to buy something completely different for my friend, which is frustrating, and I'm still being ignored by Spencer's even after trying multiple different avenues to get in contact with someone, which leads me to believe that I'm probably going to have to settle with Spencer's ignoring me and not getting my money back/getting a replacement for my originally canceled item. I had a lot of respect for the quality level of customer service I received when an item from another, earlier order of mine came broken in the mail, but this secondary experience has left me frustrated and ignored by the company. Won't be back any time soon.

lizg2
10/25/18

Bought a $100 backpack for my niece online that she had seen in-store. She used it about a month and the strap broke. Contacted customer service and they basically said their 14-day return policy had expired and couldn't replace it but instead offered me a 20% off on any purchase what a joke. I told them I wouldn't be buying anything there and definitely would not be recommending to anyone. I bought it when there back to school sale was on so I was only out half the hundred. Buyer beware. Stick to reputable stores. Spencer's does not stand by the quality of their merchandise unless something goes wrong within 14 days after purchase!!!

jamiep141
10/15/18

I went to a Spencer's store and saw a t-shirt i wanted, they didn't have the size i wanted, they told me they didn't have any in stock and suggested i look on their website for the size i wanted. So i did, they had my size in stock online, i ordered the t shirt and got an email that they would let me know when it ships. Well two weeks of hearing nothing i contacted them and they told me that the t-shirt i wanted wasn't in stock and they would give me a credit, I replied and said that it was ridiculous of them to let weeks go by and not let me know it wasn't in stock and i didn't want a credit, just my money back.
They told me that wasnt their policy.
They are a total scam.

amyb397
7/26/18

I would suggest not buying the pink bachelorette beaded necklaces. It wasn't very hot outside and we had not been wearing them long when the pink on the necklaces started coming off on our skin....everyone had a pink rash-like mark around their necks/wrists and it was tough to get off!
Cheap product but wasn't expecting how badly it was made!

sherrys88
10/13/17

I received my talking Chucky doll on October 13, 2017. His shoes are a sticky mess and paint is coming off. Don't buy this Chucky. The online Spencers wanted me to pay for shipping to return it. I don't have enough money to pay for shipping it after after Halloween.

gravem1
6/8/17

I was sucked into ordering online for a figure for my collection from an ad on facebook. While I was on the sight I decided to make a few more purchases. I bought over night shipping. 4 days later I received my package. Inside was 3 of the 5 things I ordered. The one thing that initially made me order with them was not even inside. Aparently it was on back order? Another of my items was not even the right item. It was completely different. Ok no problem ill chock it up as a loss. I called them about the order. They then told me it was on backorder. OK my bad. right? so they gave me $10 back for the overnight fee. And told me it would be a few weeks before I got the figure. And I was already upset with all the confusion I didn't even bother making a fuss about the wrong item that was sent. Funny thing is I got the figure not 2 days later! Heres the real kicker! The way they wrote out the numbers on the receipts made me assume the money was all being taken out at once (since there was another item that was on their website but not in their store). So now all of this ordeal and I overdraft because they wrote out the receipt as if they charged my bank already. so I didn't even check. Come to find out, weeks later when I check my bank I have a negative balance because of the figure not being charged till it was shipped. I was lied to about when it was going to arrive now a simple online order I didn't even need cause me _100s of dollars. a month later now and im still dealing with these issues.

sallyp32
4/1/17

it felt like u we bulling my friend. and i banding us from the store for no reason .My friend and i are not coming back for a while and not going to spourt ur store any more .How would u feel if u guys were the coustermers and i was the employe and i did this to you guys . DO YOUY treat all of ur customers this way?

charlieh53
3/1/17

I will never order from spencers again! I got my friend a gift and turns out she had already gotten one. In the mean time I had lost my debit card and had to cancel it and order a new one. I tried to return it and I can get store credit back. Not my money because I don't have the card I purchased it with but I have my email receipt, the receipt that was in the box, my if. I feel like I'm being punished for losing my card and having to order a new one. The numbers won't be the same so they won't do it. I guess they don't understand sh*t happens and people lose things. Best part if I don't want store credit I can ship it back which now I have to pay $20 if I want my money. This place is bullsh*t!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

andresh19
12/21/16

Ordered a jacket for my daughter two weeks before Christmas, I called to find out status of order on 12/21/16. They said its not being shipped out because no more in stock.I said why didnt you notify me they said they sent email on 12/20/16 .Never received email!!!! Customer service was rude and are liars.

lynnes28
10/28/16

We bought the bubble fog machine and the pump never worked. It tripped the GFi plug breaker. The load on the breaker was dangerous. We don't have time to replace it in time for Halloween. We ordered it online. This machine needs more testing before marketing.

josec78
9/10/16

I ordered a fallout cup and fallout fleece throw/blanket and it came 2 days early than expected! My only compliant was the blanket was smaller than i thought but i should have measured it before i ordered. I would shop online agin

pamg30
7/19/16

We ordered a Smart Wheelz board for my son's Christmas present and it stopped working 5 days later. Spencer's told us we needed to have the manufacturer fix the problem. So after calling the manufacturer and sending them the item to fix they have never sent it back. Spencer's said we need to talk to them but no way to get in contact with Smart Wheelz. Spencer's sells this item online, they are the company that works with the manufacturer, they have my money and smart wheelz has my hover board. I am appalled at the fact they no one will help me resolve this issue. Spencer's and Smart Wheelz will both be reported to BBB and I will make sure this issue is resolved if it takes me years!!

johnc539
6/1/16

Horrible selection of hats, didn't even make it 10 ft into the store before I was fed up and left

keishal1
5/10/16

I bought a Smart Wheelz from them it started malfunctioning not to long after I purchased it. They lie and is not a reputable company. I had to report them to BBB

veronicas39
12/29/15

I ordered something online that wasn't physically in the store by me. It took a while to get to me and was a bit pricey thanks to shipping, but I didn't have any problems.
Try and do your shopping in store instead of online. They do have some nifty stuff, my favorite incense burner came from Spencer's.
Consider this place Hot Topic, once Hot Topic graduated high school and went to college because it had no other prospects.

kalies1
12/18/15

I've ordered a few things on their site and I haven't had any issue. I thought the site was fairly well organized. I found what I was looking for, placed my order, and got it when they said I would. I don't know anything about their return policy on the site, but I've returned something before at the actual store and there was no issue. They were very nice to me and helpful. So, yeah, I would recommend it.

michaelk114
12/18/15

I recently purchased 4 Blue Plasma Discs from them at about $40 each, this was about 4 months ago and one stopped working, they basically told me I was out of luck! I called them and they do have a 30 day return policy but do not warranty everthing they sell. There is no manufacturer or warranty statement in or on the original packaging and they don't care. This is most upsetting. So if you buy something from them BEWARE, they do not stand by their products and you will be buying AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

nicolek23
11/9/15

A few months ago I had over $70 stolen from my debit card from Spencer's online. I saw it with my online banking 3 days after the initial purchase and instantly called Spencer's online customer service to see if I could stop the purchase or at least have whatever was purchased sent to me instead of the scumbag who stole my info. They were NO HELP! The customer service rep. said my name wasn't in their system even though you need my name to use the card... she also said that purchase amount wasn't found at all in their records. There's something a little fishy about all of that to me. The only good thing she said was that they don't save credit card numbers, which didn't help me any because she couldn't find the order placed with my card. After that I will never shop with them again. They clearly could not care less as long as they're making a profit. Bad business. Terrible customer service.

Tip for consumers: I would not recommend this business.

anthonym101
10/14/15

This business is awesome! They have everything that everyone can dream of. Shopping online is simple. Also the employees at Spencer's in my local area are very friendly and helpful! I love shopping at Spencer's!

christinec39
5/21/15

Worst customer service I have ever experienced! Had some questions regarding my order took forever to finally talk to a human and when I did they promised to call me back or email me regarding my order. No call back no email, spend 3 days trying to get ahold of somebody and when I finally did the lady was so rude and very unprofessional. So very very unhappy with the whole experience. I will definitely never order from them again! I will make sure to tell my friends and family the same thing!

takeyhat
2/20/15

They have the weirdest people on earth there . Please do not go there if you're emophobic . But I love the jewelry !

laurenj13
12/23/14

DONT EVER BUY FROM SPENCERS ONLINE. worst customer service and worst business I have ever dealt with. The first time somethin went wrong I decided I would give them the benefit of the doubt and give them another chance but that was a mistake. I placed a order a month before Christmas and waited two weeks for a tracking number TWO WEEKS. A week in I called to see what was going on and they said there was a system back up since it's the holidays, and my order would be shipped within the next few days. Well another week goes by and I finally get an email but it's a email of cancellation!! COMPLETE BS. So I called and was told I ordered something they hve never had in the warehouse. That's not only false advertisement but complete and utter horse shi*!!!!!!! I will never ever buy from Spencer's again. The representive was rude and didn't help in the slightest. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

clintp14
7/12/14

I am attending comic-con this year and ordered a black pork pie hat for a Heisenberg cosplay. Instead, I received some guy from Georgia's Adventure Time socks. What's worse is that the socks were Finn socks and the receipt said that person had ordered Jake socks, so they didn't even get his order right either!

It's a legit business, but trust worthy is questionable. I'd suggest going somewhere else. Terrible customer service and their online ordering is unreliable. Maybe try going into one in a mall if you really want something they have.

By Nicole K.

You can probably go to a local Spencers and just show them your receipt that you purchased the product and they'll take it off for you. May even be able to go to any clothing store. If all else totally fails, use a really strong magnet. It'll come loose.

By Kalie S.

Questions? Get answers from the Spencer's Online staff and other customers.

Spencer's Online?