SearsHomeServices reviews

Tel: 1-800-749-7499
support@searshomeservices.com

naej
1/29/19

My family and I got a recommendation from one of the Sears employees in San Antonio, Texas to schedule a washing machine repair appointment with Sears at 1-800-4-My-Home.

On January 12, 2019 we has our first encounter with a Sears's technician named Robert. Robert performed a diagnostic and informed us that we would need to have our water pump replaced and that he would order the part and return on the following Saturday 01/19/2019 to replace the pump.

We waited at home all day on Saturday 01/19/2019 for Robert and he never showed up nor did he call. My husband called and text Robert on his direct phone line and Robert did not respond. We then called Sears 1-800-4-My-Home to notify them of the situation. The Sears 1-800-4-My-Home representatives were very insensitive and dismissive. They said the most they could do to help us was to reschedule for a different date.

The following appointment was made for 01/22/2019 with technician William C. When Mr. William C. arrived to our home to replace the water pump he found that the previous technician Robert ordered the wrong part. William C. informed us that he was going to have to reorder the correct part and we were going to have to wait to have our washing machine repaired. My husband called 1-800-4-My-Home to speak with a Supervisor to report the issue. After being transferred approximately 4 times and being left on hold for approximately 15 minutes without having his issue resolved. My husband informed the 1-800-4-My-Home Sales Representative that he wanted a refund for the amount that he was charged on the initial visit in excess of the diagnostic fee. The sales Rep never transferred my husband to a Supervisor and told my husband that she was not going to refund his money due to the replacement part already being ordered by Mr. William C. My husband continued to request a refund and the Sales Rep told him that Sears would return the money.

The replacement water pump that technician William C. reordered arrived to our house on approximately 01/25/2019. After a week of not receiving a refund and not having our washing machine fixed on 01/29/2019 I placed a call to 1-800-4-My-Home to inquire.

The 1-800-4-My-Home sales representative informed me that an appointment was scheduled to have the washer repaired on 02/07/2019. I explained the service tech how inconvenient and stressful the process has been for washer repair with Sears and informed her that my husband initially requested a refund. However, since we had already received the replacement part I asked her to cancel the appointment on 02/07/2019 and schedule for a sooner date with William C. for continuity. The service tech informed me the she could schedule sooner that 02/07/2019 but no guarantee to schedule with William C. I told her to please cancel and I would call back to reschedule.

On that same day (01/29/2019) approximately 30 minutes later I called back to 1-800-4-My Home and spoke to a lady who said her name is "Shaun" I asked her last name but she would not offer that information. I informed "Shaun" of my situation from the beginning about the issue with Robert and the incorrect part being ordered. I told her I wanted to be scheduled with technichian William C for continuity. "Shaun" informed me that unfortunately she cannot schedule me for a repair appointment before 02/07/2019. I asked her why? She said "My computer will not tell me why."

I told "Shaun" that I have little children at home who need clean clothes and this has been an inconvenience and asked if she could please help ease the worry and stress by scheduling me with William C. for continuity and a date sooner that 02/07/2019. "Shaun" replied that I do not have that capability. I then asked to speak to a Supervisor. "Shaun" put me on hold for 15minutes. When "Shaun" returned to the phone she said. "Please keep holding I don't know if there is a department to send you to."

I then contacted Sears Home Service Chat Online for help. My chat session was with Robert Jone. I transcribed a detail message to Robert explaining my situation. I pleaded with Robert to please help me due to the inconvience that has been brought on my 3 little children. Robert acknowledged understanding. Robert scheduled me for next day appointment on 01/30/2019 with William C.

Overall I don't normally place customer service complaints. However, in this particular situation the initial service technician (Robert) that came on 01/12/2019 was dishonest. He lied about the date that he would return to repair our machine and he did not order the correct part. Secondly, the representative name Shaun at 1-800-4-My Home deliberately placed me on hold and did not try to accommodate my needs and resolve my issue. She lied about "looking for a department to send me to" when I asked for a Supervisor. This is absolutely unacceptable! On 2 occasions "Shaun showed her incompetence. #1 by dismissing my concern and placing me on hold because she does not know which department to send me to so I can speak with a Supervisor and #2 Her colleague on Sears Home Service Chat schedule me a repair appointment for next day (01/30/2019) when "Shaun" said that there were NO appointments available until February (02/07/2019 to be exact). I personally feel that if Sears truly values their customers and wants to hold to their motto "Service You Can Trust" Leadership and the Corporate Office will acknowledge this issue and never let treatment like what I have received happen to anyone else ever again!

christyn24
1/29/19

Rescheduled 5 times over the course of 6 weeks, didn't show on appointment days and then cancelled at the last minute after I had already waited 5 hours on them. Rude, horrible service. I can see why they are going bankrupt. Still not fixed.

sanchezc
1/9/19

Set apt dec 28th 2018 - waited 2 weeks - & - Worst service - repair person never showed never called nothing - called customer service demanded compensation - put me to supervisor - snd i stated becuz i he was now no show - send me a new fridge immediately thru said i had to go thru 3 repairs for each kitchen piece - what - i stated i can not go another day with a no show - supervisor hung up on me
Nos they want to set up another appt guess when Jan 24 what the hell
- i stated the repair person should b here in the early an to finish his damn job i should b the first priority if the day - said it does not work that way omg - they r awful - customer service - resources person r awful the r the worst - they need yo get the job done - with better communication - no call nothing snd a no show my 1st time was 8-5 i called them at 4 - stating -where is repair person - oh they say it's now 4:45 - 7 - no show - i call again - they have no clue where person is - & Shop is closed omg

angelc104
11/27/18

This is a joke they schedule an appointment and then they reschedule at the last minute then they lie and say the tech got sick 2 days ago, When I made another appointment he was available again

danr236
10/31/18

This service costs roughly $53 a month. Over one year it will cost roughly $636 in a year. Set that aside for yourself so that whatever junk appliance you own breaks, you can just buy a new one instead of wasting your time with this useless service.

The ice maker on our Kenmore Elite broke several months ago. We called the service and they came out, assessed the situation and came back again to fix it. Within a few days, the unit broke again (same exact issue). The same technician was sent back to the house with an entire new (refurbished) unit. I came back to the kitchen, after he left, to find TWO holes in the wall. The coward left without telling anybody (bad on me for not checking his work). This repair almost lasted a month before it broke again (and, yes, same exact issue).

I called Sears Home Services on Tuesday, 10/24/18, asking for a different company to come out. They assigned a company for 10/30/18. Over the weekend I received a call telling me there was a computer glitch and my case was rescheduled. I called to complain and my date was changed to 10/31. I followed the instructions to call and confirm my new date. I heard nothing back. I called today (10/31) and was told the company could not contact to confirm the time because the wrong number was given to them. Mind you, they had my email and Sears' number to try to get in touch with me, but this is what they hid behind. The customer service rep said the best they could do on my time table is send somebody out on 11/12/18. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one was not available and they would have to call me back today. I am still waiting.

This once storied company cannot go out of business soon enough! PLEASE do not waste your time with this service.

kims488
10/18/18

I warn everyone do not use this company for appliance repair. I scheduled thru my home warranty company and the tech never showed up. I was told the appointment was 1-5 pm and the tech never showed at 5pm. I called the warranty company who reached out to the tech and the tech said he was on his way so i waited. No tech still and it was 6:06pm. i called the home warranty again that no one showed and they reached out to the tech who told the customer rep he was finishing a job and would be on his way soon. At 7:40 pm i called the warranty company a third time to report the tech no showed and i will not reschedule the appointment and the home warranty company should not contract with Sears home services because they just made them look bad. After reading other reviews i see why the stores are closing.

andyp112
9/25/18

This has been terrible, windows were ordered in July it is now the end of September and still not installed. Very difficult to get someone on the phone. Wrong window was ordered, and found after they broke the one to be replaced. There has been many other problems. I have more windows to be replaced, it will not be by Sears

vancel17
9/12/18

My one piece of advice is stay away from this company! The reason I say this isn't so much how they repair your appliances, but how they keep billing you over and over. They had me pay in full like I expected when they were done looking at our appliance. Now five month later they are billing me again or telling me they will send a collection agency to me. They tell you to call 1-800-326-1459 M-F 8-7 EST. Give it a try and see what you get. What a joke they are!

angelag170
8/8/18

The thief that came to our home to provide vent cleaning services upsold my elderly parents from a $154 service to $1300!!! Of course NO ONE is returning calls or giving me any information calm my concern!! I'm contacting the Attorney General after two weeks of failed contacts! BEYOND livid!!

richardh619
8/8/18

Our Sears water softener is in need of repair. We have a home service contract. We have been trying to get the softener repaired since May. We have called more times than we can count and we are continuously told they will find someone to come and repair our softner but so far that has not happened. Today they told us that we may have to find someone in our area to repair the softner and then we will be reimbursed.

walterp74
8/6/18
• Updated review

Called Sears Protection Agreement office back as parts suddenly show up at my door the next day. Had called on the 23rd of July and the representative said to call back after five business days and the Lawn Tractor would be replaced. Parts showed up on 24th by some miracle. Called them back on the 30th of July, gave them the case number, and they said they had no record of the Lawn Tractor being replaced. False words as I finally got them to say they had the case number, but nothing was said about replacing the Lawn Tractor?????? Then I was told the technician was coming out to repair the Lawn Tractor with the parts that had come in. He came out in a bad rain storm, but he worked hard on the Lawn Tractor even though he got very muddy and wet. Took him about an hour just to get the tractor running with the new switch that the instructions were all wrong about. Once we got it started, he began work on replacing the other parts and was missing new bolts and washers as well as a transmission belt he didn't know he would have to have. I had told Sears this would happen because he wasn't able to check an inoperable lawn tractor, unless it was running. He ordered more parts, they came in, he will be here the morning of the 6th of August to work on the Lawn Tractor again. Mower deck and transmission still do not operate correctly, but he says it is normal??????

“FAILURE TO REPAIR.”
8/6/18
• Previous review

Called Sears Home Repair Services last month to have lawn tractor repaired and got an appointment. Repairman came out, in a loaner van as his van was without a motor, so he didn't have his tools or equipment needed for the call, couldn't get the tractor to start in any way whatsoever. Worked on it for about an hour trying to figure out the problem. Ordered the ignition switch and some six or seven other parts. Parts for the mower deck included as it was useless. Ignition switch came in about two weeks later. On July 20th I get an email saying to call about parts and to reschedule appointment as parts were not in. Called on the 22nd of July and was told by first representative that parts were on back order and were tentatively expected sometime two or three weeks later. She then said I needed to talk to the Benefits/Agreement Office. It was closed and the line disconnected instead of putting back in contact with someone. Tractor cannot be worked on until it is running due to motor and transmission requirements in that there is not way to troubleshoot ignition system nor transmission nor mower deck without back ordered parts and motor running. Protection Agreement office was closed, so line just shut off after saying they were closed. Called back, got disconnected. Called back again and representative said there was NOTHING he could do and that I would have to call the Agreement office tomorrow. Lawn Tractor should be replaced, since Sears once again cannot honor its AGREEMENTS in a timely manner. God bless.

natalieb120
8/5/18

Called for service appt. When freezer started improperly cooling... No appt. available for 2 weeks. Day of appt. I get a Robo msg to reschedule my appt. I call customer service... They claim Tech got sick and went home. They will put me on a list and call IF SOMEONE ELSE CAN'T KEEP THEIR APPT... otherwise next available date is 2 weeks away. CRAZY... 1 month to get a tech. Meanwhile NOW in week 4 the freezer has taken a turn for the worse and l am experiencing food loss.... Tech finally arrives whom WAS VERY PLEASANT... Worked on what he was able to... BUT NEEDED A BASIC PART WHICH OF COURSE WAS NOT ON THE TRUCK and had to be ordered. Next appointment 2 MORE weeks 2 days away... Whew 6+ WEEKS ON SOMEONE'S FREEZER... I call customer service to ask for reimbursement of my food loss... They argue that... Get this... THEY DON'T COVER FOOD LOSS THAT IS AS A RESULT OF MY... FREEZER BEING BROKEN... I argue... Well it WAS NOT BROKEN 4 WEEKS AGO... just in need of SERVICE ... FROM THE TECHNICIAN I PAY FOR THAT YOU DID NOT PROVIDE ME IN A TIMELY MATTER and when you did he came with no part which now is costing me 2+ more weeks... Well sorry Maam we can't help you. Asked for a supervisor... Still waiting for a call from a supervisor... They say could take 24 to 48 hours... But "I ASSURE YOU THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING" said the customer service rep. What a pathetic excuse of a SERVICE COMPANY. Fly away Sears. You have completely LOST ALL RESPECT... Just disappear... What a sick joke you are Sears... Shaking my head.

carolh346
8/1/18

Either the part does not come in time... or its the wrong part when it does. and finally when the correct part arrives, the repair guy is a no show even thought he is the one who made the appointment to begin with.

judil14
7/10/18

It's obvious why Sears is going out of business. Bought a lawnmower 5/8/2018. Our fault for not opening box b4 taking home which is about 2 hrs away. When we did someone had already been in it and broke the handle, the bags were open and items were missing.
Took it back and replaced with a different one. This time we opened box, all looked fine. Until we go to use it. Immediately it begins to sound like it can barely stay running. 3 year warranty and they are going to come to our house to fix anything wrong and no cost to us. We tried calling number we were given only to find out that only one repair place in town and they won't make house calls.
They have the mower a week and a half saying we don't have a warranty then oh yes you do. I guess the warranty paper i shoved up his nose was written in invisible ink to him. We waited another week for a part to come in. Ridiculous.
Bring it home finally and used it once and started acting weird again. Use it yesterday and it actually ran well until i put more gas in. Now surging again and dies in a nice cloud of blue smoke coming out of it. I am told i have to keep talking it in 4 times b4 they will exchange. When you make a phone call to these places i think i am getting customer support or complaint department only to find out i am yelling at some poor sales person on the floor who can't do their job let alone fix my mowers issues.

onkakaug
7/10/18

Service is horrible and have called repeatedly and cant get anywhere with their customer service department.

danielr348
7/8/18

We have a stand alone Ice Machine that has been out of service for over 3 months. This was due to sears inability to provide proper service to us.
In the following manners:
1) initial visit , no parts available. 10 days to arrive!
2) second visit , wrong parts ordered. rescheduled appt and another 10 days for parts.
3) Appointment that was scheduled disappeared from their system 3 weeks for ne appointment.
4) Still wrong parts ordered another 2 to three weeks for parts and new appointment.
5) Technician arrived and found the machine had been disassembled by previous tech and refused to reassemble it saying "it would take him 6 to 8 hours to figure out how to but it back together". rescheduled a new appointment for a week away. got a call today (Sat 7/8/2018) saying a technician was on his way( 4 days early) this turned out to be a technical glitch with their system as I discovered upon calling them! In addition the appointment we had for 7/12/2018 was no longer available and that they would notify me by Phone / email when a new appointment was available.. I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same results absolutely no satisfaction! I then asked to speak to a manager and was told that there were no managers available that they only handled operation issues. WE used to buy all our major appliances from sears as well as extended service contracts. It will be a rainy day in "HELL" before I buy there again!

donnat169
6/27/18

I have been without a refrigerator for over a month. The first technician came and diagnosed the problem. He had to order a part and reschedule installation 10 days later. The part never arrived (actually they shipped the wrong part) The appointment was cancelled and the part was reordered and another appointment was scheduled 10 more days later. The part still has not arrived and the appointment is going to be cancelled agin. Meanwhile I have already paid for the parts and labor so they have no incentive to come and make this right. WhenI call to get info I am directed to foreign speaking people that I cannot understand and who have no idea about what is going on. All they say is "order status is updated every 10 days" This is not good customer service. I need answers

paulb426
2/28/18

I had a repair scheduled for Friday March 2nd. The repairman called two days early and said he had just left my house. They switched my appointment date with no approval or notice. Now that I have been without a refrigerator and freezer for three weeks, they say I have to wait two more weeks for another appointment! I have the ring service on my home. While I was on the phone with the technician he said he was not allowed per company policy to return to the home, to allow me ten minutes to meet him. I checked my ring service and watched a live view as this lying technician was in my driveway.

deniseb149
2/13/18

Sears Home Services is the WORST ever home repair service. We were sucked into their service when we bought a Kenmore refrigerator. For $49.-/month, they will send out a repair person if theres a problem. Then there is a $75.- service fee for each visit, unless the issue is not fixed in one visit, in which case, they keep coming back. The draw is that if they cant repair it for any reason, they will replace it with a new one.

We have been in Sears Home Services HELL for the last 6 months. Our fridge has worked ON and OFF for the last 6 months. Every time it breaks down again, it takes 3-4 visits to "solve" the problem. We're on our third run of visits at this point. And during all those weeks we have to keep restocking ice in the fridge to keep a few items cold. We have had to eat out at least one meal every day, which is very expensive. And its stressful not being able to make our own food at home.

The repair technicians don't carry most parts, so they are ordered, and another repair appointment is scheduled. Each time the technician has ordered parts, he put them on a rush basis. Generally it has taken 2-4 weeks for the part to arrive. That is not a rush. So if it were not put on a rush, would we have to wait 4 months instead of 4 weeks? The last time they sent a replacement circuit board, it was improperly packed, and arrived broken, so they had to order another one, which took another 2 plus weeks. When they sent a replacement fan, it was for the wrong fridge model. In the end, we didnt even need another fan.

The technicians are ok, but the service itself and the communication with them is HORRIBLE. 1) If they want to contact you, they sent a robotic call telling you to call them. What a total waste of time. 2) The customer "service" reps do not have tracking info, so they cant even give you an idea of when the part will arrive. 3) Sometimes when weve rescheduled an appointment (if the part hasnt arrived and we get the robo call asking us to call them), and they continue to send robo calls because the customer service people are apparently not smart enough to actually enter the scheduled appointment into their computer system.

Sears Home Repair service is a SCAM. One of the technicians told us that they dont use new parts. They take the broken ones and refurbish them, so chances are, they wont last long. Case in point, they have replaced parts on our fridge multiple times, it works for about a month, then breaks down again.

The worst thing about all this, aside from not being able to cook my own food for months at a time of the fact that our cooler leaked and partially ruined our kitchen floor, is the incredible stress this has caused. Just trying to communicate with their totally uninformed customer service humans is completely stressful because they dont even understand how to help, they wont allow you to talk to their supervisors, and they are completely powerless.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!
They don't even deserve one star.

stevec260
12/29/17

This is the modern version of "bait and switch". i called for service on a dishwasher. I gave the person the model and serial number and said the door latch was broken. When the "technician" arrived he examined the door and said the latch is broken and he would try to find the part. After 45 minutes i went to his truck and found him on the phone drinking a soft drink. He said he couldn't find the part but he would look in his truck (after 45min). He then said that he could order the part for an additional $225. I said that i would pay $1000 for a new one before i paid them a cent. He then asked how I would pay for his diagnosis call. I said he must not have heard that I would not pay anything I had already diagnosed the problem. This is an old practice they have been fined for previously.
STAY AWAY!

neldaj1
11/28/17

a and e appliance service tech. worked on refrigerator on sat, nov. 18. he never first gave me an estimate. charged me $360. told me he was unable to give me a receipt and sears would send me one in the mail. still have no receipt ten days later. refrigerator not repaired and he replaced part least likely to need replacement.. called nov. 19, nov. 20. no appointment available til wed nov. 22. tech did not show up. had no refrigerator over the thanksgiving holiday. finally got someone else to fix fridge. I am going to get a refund no matter how long the process is. If tech arrives in an a and e truck do not let him work on your appliance.

geneb48
11/24/17

THIS IS SEARS THIRD VIST TO FIX MY LAWN MOWER , FOR SAME THING THEY CAME OUT THREE TIMES BEFORE TO FIX..AND CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT A JOKE!! ALL THEY KEEP SAYING IS I SORRY FOR THAT NEVER ANSWERING MY PROBLEM NOT TO MENTION THEY KEEP TRYING TO BILL ME FOR EACH VISIT ...I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN CUSTOMER SINCE 1965

michelleb276
7/17/17

After dealing with Sears for many purchases over the years and receiving less than good service, this is the final straw ! Purchased a fridgedaire refrigerator on 5.22.2017 Called immediately that it was not cooling, after many weeks of battling by phone it is 7.17.2017 and still no resolution. Parts literally missing from 3500.00 brand new refrigerator !! Now it leaks water everywhere , cannot use ice or water . have to wring wet towel every hour so it doesn't drip and ruin brand new flooring. Cannot get anyone to replace. 4th service call... no one knows anything or has authority to do anything but schedule another appointment. get a different answer every time i call !!! never never again will i purchase from sears !! I am going to take this lemon and drop it on their doorstep and let everyone know what they are like to deal with ! many many other people going through same or similar issues. It seems every neighbor and client of mine that i speak to is or has been in a bad situation with customer service !! SHAME ON YOU SEARS ! No wonder you are closing stores !!!

barbarak94
7/6/17

as of this moment I am still awaiting a scheduled service appointment, made
weeks ago. this is the third appointment I've had to wait 'between " ? and ?",
the first appointment arrived one hour early, I wasn't here so he left and I
couldn't get another appointment for over a week. Second appt, nice man,
showed up on time but now have a new problem with Kitchen Aid that was
caused by his repair. Hope my service contract isn't a total waste. Not the
Sears of my youth!!! Or maybe I just wasn't aware because I didn't own any
appliances.

csrolb
6/20/17

Took an appliance warranty package. They Canceled service date with one hour notice, no reason. Delayed a full week to reschedule. Sent a tech who did not know how to install replacement part, took 6 hours to do so and repair lasted a few hours. No possibility to speak to firm subcontracted to do repair work..... must now wait for a second week to have another repairman come. Total disregard for customer. Most frustrating. Only deal with local firms who actually have local numbers to call. Any savings NOT worth it.

Questions? Get answers from the SearsHomeServices staff and other customers.

SearsHomeServices?