Saks Fifth Avenue reviews

Tel: 1.877.551.7257
2018 Customer choice award

xavierx2
2/13/19

Cancel orders for reason and agents are all liers they will tell you the payment didn't go through then cancel your order again. Trash company. Don't waste your time and money on it.

cherylc243
1/28/19

I ordered a dress from you on line on 18 of December. $199.93

When it arrived it had a twisted strap, I rang and organised to return the dress.

I had to then pay for another one to be sent to me $163.34, a discount was applied for my inconvenience.

The second dress arrived and it had a stain right at the front centre of the dress???

I rang to return it. The gentleman I spoke with said it was better to exchange the dress because I was very unhappy to have to pay a THIRD time for a dress i didn't actually have!!

He gave me a number of a store to ring to exchange it, having checked to make sure there was one available.

I rang the store FIVE TIMES, the call ringing out everytime I was put through to the Helmut Lang department.

I rang AGAIN and asked not to be put through AGAIN, the lady I spoke with physically went up to find the dress. She had no idea what it was even though I had given her a description and the style number of the dress.. so I had to then send her a photo!

She then informs me that no they didn't have it!

I call the orders department, I go through everything AGAIN, the gentleman finds one at a store, says he will ring the store to check they have it I AM THEN DISCONNECTED!!!

I then call the orders department AGAIN 18775517257. I ask for a manager, I am pretty upset by now.

I have paid for two dresses and have zeroyou have $350 of my money, and I am then informed I will have to PAY FOR ANOTHER DRESS before they can send it out!! Offered a gift card, no thanksthen told the dress is $152 which is more than I paid for the second dress!!!!!
When this was pointed out I was offered the dress at $134

Then they can't process my credit card!! Meanwhile 5 x $1 transactions appear on my credit card statement !!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS WHAT SORT OF BUSINESS ARE YOU RUNNING HERE?????

I was initially told no one was able to call me back, but guess what, when my credit card wouldn't process somehow magically they could call me back!!!

She said she would call me today.STILL WAITING!!

This dress was bought for my daughter's wedding, I cannot begin to describe the frustration, disappointment and anger I feel right now.

laurah548
1/14/19

Ordered on 12/28, have spoken to 3 CS agents. The last time I spoke to someone was 1/14. My package has not arrived and there has been no update since the 10th. The agent is starting and investigation and the refund will take 10-14 business days to receive. up to 3 weeks! I work for an online store and am able to open a claim and refund an order within the hour. I know $100 isn't a lot of money to them but this is terrible customer service.

wendyw213
1/10/19

Ordered items for Christmas well in advance. Was told they were on their way. They weren't. Tried to return them (as I'd bought elsewhere just in case, fortunately), and they wouldn't return. Was on hold with customer service for over an hour. They refused to return the item, but wanted to give me a gift card worth less than the item! Customer service doesn't get any worse than this. My family and I will never, ever shop at Saks Fifth Avenue again.

marciaf34
12/26/18

Much like other reviewers I ordered gifts for Christmas/ Some came incomplete and some never arrived. Customer service was not helpful, rude and basically lied. They said the outfits I ordered were not in stock when they were (I reordered to verify). They also never followed up as promised. Horrible horrible experience.

kimberlyk133
12/21/18

I've probably spent close to six figures on your site. I placed a simple order for just a few hundred dollars weeks in advance for a Christmas Gift. Now I see an email stating "we canceled your order" for no reason whatsoever. Payment was made with a gift card so no excuses or reasoning behind it. I call and wait on the phone for 30 minutes and this is exactly what the representative stated "If you would like, I can have someone call you to explain why it was canceled." instead of "we're so sorry, we will ship the items". The guy could care less these are gifts. I will sell the gift card and never shop on your site again. Good luck staying in business with this type of unacceptable service!

philipw95
12/3/18

Ordered a 900 dollar stone island jacket off saks fifth avenue online store and they sent me the jacket without the patch (badge) that goes on the jacket sleeve. Now it's going to take a month to get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous. When spending that much money on something you would think everything would be in order. That's not the case. I will NEVER order anything from their website again. I suddgest no buy anything from there website either.

anthonyg251
11/2/18

Was promised beauty boxes using their rewards program for my $650 creed purchase on my saks credit card and 2 months later, NOTHING! BYE BYE SAKS!

billc336
9/3/18

I purchased several items online as a birthday gift for a friend and noticed they could not be delivered via online tracking. I phoned Sak's support and they informed me the items I ordered never left the warehouse. Hence, Fedex wouldn't deliver an empty package. Sak's confirmed the issue and instead of re-shipping the items or crediting my account they stated they need to launch an investigation which will span 2-3 weeks before any action can be taken.

Sak's support staff are nice, but powerless to help. I've had to call my credit card company to get the order refunded. I'll be doing my shopping elsewhere and implore those reading the other horror stories on this site to do the same. Sadly, I'm scrambling now to find another birthday gift. Thanks for nothing Saks.

ronaldm208
7/27/18

I bought 2 jackets at Saks here in Mc Lean Virginia, and just about 2 weeks later I decided to take them back without wearing them once because I felt like was not going to use them. Since I did not have my receipt at the time the sales associate told me I needed it or I can get a store credit. I said ok I will come back. She said no worries we will accept them back anytime. I said you sure and she said yes you can even give them my name unfortunately I did not write down her name. 2 days later I went back with my receipt and another sales associate told me you cannot return these items because they were final sale. Heres the trick people, everything in the store for their annual sales were final sale- Thats the way they trick you people to not having to return them. They only items the guy told me I can return are items you bought at full price. Cool, I am going to keep them, but this is the end of my relationship with Saks . I am going to do my shopping at Nordstrom from now on, and I encourage you to go do your shopping elsewhere as well. I return items to Nordstrom with no receipt and even after more than a year.

johnj660
7/3/18

I ORDERED A 540.00 BELT FROM THEM A SALVATORE FERRAGAMO BELT IT CAME SOILED AND I RETURNED IT TO HAVE THEM REPLACE MY ORDER THEY HAD TO ORDER ONLINE DUE TO WASN'T IN STORE. THEY MADE ME REPAY AND WAIT FOR A CREDIT BACK TO MY CARD TOOK TWO WEEKS TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THE BELT THEY ORDERED WASN'T CORRECT.SMH TOOK IT BACK TO STORE AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO COMPENSATE ME FOR RUNNING BACK AND FORTH TO THE STORE AND THEM MAKING CONSTANT MISTAKES WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.. SORRY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

janm33
6/23/18

I have ordered from this site to be shipped to Australia. I have had no problems and found the shipping rates very reasonable.

julieg162
5/18/18

Saks has a very nice working team, everytime I called they were very nice but I really dont like the way they work with clients. I ordered a Chloe bag for my mom, the first order gets cancelled... I am out 380 of my account, the refunds takes 48h, so I make another purchase out now 800 of my account. Get the refund for the first order 2 days later. after the 2nd order is confirmed, I call Saks and email twice to make sure they do signature at reception, since the mailmen leave boxes outside the door of my mom's house in the bronx...many of our stuff gets stolen. after all those tries, they claim they can not change the delivery method.. so package arrives and gets stolen... I call Saks, they open an investigation that can take 1-2 weeks to process refund.. what?! I never heard of such a long delay! Mother's Day has passed, my mom does not have yet her gift, and I am out of 339 of my account, I won't make another purchase until I get my refund... even though the people working there have been very helpful, I really dont like their policy, not everyone has hundreds just laying around in their bank account to re-make and re-make orders!

elenam67
5/17/18

Never order online from #Saks Fifth Avenue! They will send you sale merchandise that is DEFECTIVE and refuse to respond to your emails! You can call them, you can email them and it will be impossible to return defective merchandise! And forget about getting defective merchandise REPLACED because they "do not have the capability" to replace or exchange defective merchandise! I have voice recordings proving this as well as one email response I actually got! Out of 5 emails I send, I received one response telling me this. #SaksFifthAvenue has the WORST customer service I have encountered in at least 15 years! Do not ORDER ONLINE...only in person where you can see the merchandise, if at all!

gordonc38
4/19/18

We signed up for an account and cannot log in with the password we just set up. Even tried to reset the password and did not receive a reset email until five hours later. Even after we reset the password, we cannot log on with the new password.

Canadians cannot place orders by telephone.

Saks makes it extremely difficult to be a customer.

yh28
12/21/17

I placed an order for holiday gift. The order went through successfully. but 2 weeks later we never received the order. Logged back in, the order was there, saying expected shipment more than a week ago. Called customer service, it wasn't helpful. And no email what so ever on the confirmation of the order, or on my complaint. Later I logged on again, the order was canceled!! without even sending me an email about it!! THE WORSE!! THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE LIVE! The site is completely deceiving!!!

estherq1
11/8/17

Saks Fifth Avenue has always been my favorite. They offer very competitive sale prices. And I never have issues with return. Love it.

karap10
7/15/17

I placed an order on 7/10/2017 for Juliska dishes. They were on sale at an incredible price so of course I bought. I myself have ordered (from manufacture to store) and sold JULISKA at a different retailer and am quite familiar with the brand. Two days later Saks cancelled my order saying that it was no longer available. But, I looked through their regular price items and there my items were, ready for sale. When I called Saks to complain at first I was told if I ordered it at regular price they would refund me the difference (ridiculous). So I did that and called back and was told that the item numbers were different (although exactly the same product). This is the shadiest dealing in retail I have ever seen. Clearly somebody sckrewed up by putting this on sale and Saks doesn't want to honor sales made under the error. Instead they change the item number and tell you too bad. I am a familiar face at the store down the street. No more.

talaz
6/29/17

Other than delivery time since its ship from US, products received were authentic and in good quality and packaging.

huldad
6/13/17

this online store this so great, they always go out of there way to make you sure everything is 100% , for me and i order like crazy from them i have never had to return or any issues, they are so cool <3

robertc330
4/12/17

I ordered a few things for my girlfriend to make her a gift to her birthday. But it took literally forever to deliver it. So I ended up walking into another store and buy another clothes and those which were delivered after her birthday I had to pay for them too. The thing is do not order here something if you need it quick

sc3111
3/23/17

I purchased a gift for my friend, and it takes FOREVER to delivery. During a month, I called customer service like 30 times, but they NEVER kept promise for delivery date!!!! If you don't want to get your items until death, DO NOT SHOP in Saks website.

mariac198
2/11/17

Excellent customer service, quality products!!!. Love to buy either in the store or online!!. Fast delivery!!. Great store overall. Don't disappoint us about politics other wise I buy some place else

ps149
12/20/16

Despite the website promising duties and taxes paid I have been billed £72.00 duty and tax for a £168.00 item........their website is both misleading and the view order functionality does not work. I cannot even view my order. Customer service is extremely poor - I had to wait 10 minutes for the chat to come available and despite 2 emails noone update me on the delivery times. Avoid.

sh12991
6/15/16

Purchased a garment online for $158. When it arrived, it had an attached price tag that said $98. Called Saks to ask that the $60 be credited to my account. Three different people (escalating levels of management) refused to do so. Item has been returned, so they lose both the sale and a customer. I'm shocked that a so-called "upscale" retailer would act like this.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Saks Fifth Avenue staff and other customers.

Saks Fifth Avenue?