Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.31 stars from 245 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Rightio.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, card details and next day problems. Rightio.co.uk ranks 30th among Plumbing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Their customer service team have got terrible attitude problems and argue with you.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Avoid this company at all costs”

Andy G.
6/22/20

They charge per visit so the more visits they can do. The bill just keeps going up. If they are there 10 minutes as my engineer was. You still have to pay for a full hour. Then when you question it they threaten you with legal action. Rogues

“Scammed!”

Hannah G.
3/26/21

I was quoted £119 plus VAT unblocking a toilet the job should take half an your the engineer spent less than half hour to do the job but I was charged £294! I've tried complaining but there is only a customer service email and no phone line! I had to pay the bill when the plumber left! I've been scammed I will never use this company again please don't use them they are scammers!

customer service (21)
hannahg182
March 26th, 2021

jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020

Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.

richardg1334
October 28th, 2020

I was charged £178.80 for a call out charge as our central heating had broken down. The engineer told me that everything needed to be replaced which would cost me in excess of £4,000. As my central heating had been installed only 8 years ago I wasnt satisfied so a friend put me on to a local heating engineer who is a one man band. Much to my amazement he fixed my heating in 20 minutes and charged me £50. Apparently something minor had gone wrong and now my home is warm again. Rightio Plumbing should be shut down.

julieo200
April 17th, 2021

They went to fix and replace a lost garage door key at my 84 year old mothers house kept her waiting for hours and then charged £173 to put a new barrel in that is the cheapest barrel you can buy disgusting do not use these rip offs £119 for labour when they were there half hour

abbyt44
March 3rd, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs! We were charged £184 for an engineer who arrived and obviously had no clue what he was doing, he advised the cast iron pipe had been repaired, charged us £184 and left our house. A day later the leak started again, numerous calls to Rightio and two further engineers were sent out before I was told they do not have anyone qualified enough to repair the leak and that I would receive a refund. This was at the beginning of December and I am still waiting for my £184 refund having chased them up numerous times.

darrenm139
Darren M.
April 29th, 2020

They advised between 1 and 2 hours, called to advise it would now be around 4 hours instead, then never showed, avoid them if you need an emergency fixed.
Despite me also taking out the ongoing service contract with them.

margaretg405
August 11th, 2020

Obtained online due to urgency on a Sunday and no local plumber available. Charged nearly twice as much hourly as quoted on phone. Been trying to get transcript of phone call. Told it has been sent to me by email( twice), a written transcript and by disc. But none of these received by me. Assume they are hiding info from me. This firm needs investigating for what appears to be lying to and overcharging customers.

alexm1326
February 11th, 2021

I was told by the engineer that my boiler could not be repaired and that I would need a new boiler. I was told I would be charged £160 / hour I was charged £190. I was left with no heating or hot water. I got a second opinion and it was up and running with any problem and at a cost of £60. Total rip off company I would say DO NOT USE.

markf1255
November 10th, 2020

Don't know where to start, the job was to sort a leak out under bath but the plumber said he had to rip off the panel first so I agreed to that and then I find out the bath was damaged too. In total I paid £306 for plumber to fix the leak but I've to buy new bath too so I'm total it's cost around £700... did try customer services but they said damages happen on site and it's up to me to sort it out as they take no responsibility... never again...!

andrewh991
January 22nd, 2021

This firm has the most arrogant and unhelpful customer service department I've ever encountered. Made a complaint about the whole disaster, and months later they still haven't bothered to reply. Total disgrace, I am just glad I found out before using them for the other 9 buy to lets I have.

juliew505
July 14th, 2020

Booked plumber for my dad. Rightio quoted £119 plus Vat. Told them I have power of attorney and to contact me for payment. Nevertheless they took £520 from my dad's account. Absolutely dishonest blatant defrauding a vulnerable old man. Don't use!

lisan89
January 9th, 2020

I chose Rightio before Christmas because I wanted the reassurances a large firm give. A great start on the 23rd with a diagnosis and plan. Its now the 10th and after paying £160 still nothing! I have called 4 times this week alone - I keep being promised a call back - never materialises - still no plan of action as to when and what will be happening - and no refund so I can get another plumber - I am left with an elderly mother and no shower. So upsetting

sukik4
March 22nd, 2021

I worked for this company... never seen nothing like it. Seriously the actual owner is a web designer, he made a program which takes all the calls and sends the jobs out which is a good platform, however he has no knowledge of plumbing and heating and sets out price guides of how to rip customers off. I did a few jobs for this company and when the customers told me what they were getting charges hourly, seriously my jaw dropped.

I'm just awaiting for the bbc tv channel to have these lot on there program as its just a matter of time...

This company is based in Birmingham, not local to you. DISGRACE TO THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY!

Tip for consumers:
if you want to be rip off then be my guests

raymondd248
February 19th, 2021

This outfit charged me about £300 for an hour's work by a plumber to fit a replacement kitchen tap. After 3 months of getting nowhere with my complaints I managed to get a full refund by Visa chargeback. I even wrote to Karl Tulloch, the managing director. I got no reply.
Never ever do business with Rightio or any of the local people who do work for them.

beckyt141
January 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Absolutely horrific company. The worst customer service I've ever known. Changed the date they were coming to a weekend day and I'm convinced this put the price up even though nothing of the sort was told to me, then turned up hours late with absolutely no warning or communication, charged £540 to fit 3 meters of pipe in 1 hour 50 (£480 of which was labour charges!) also tried to take this money from my card without even telling me how much it was. Then when I try to complain there is just no response (there are more points than this I've complained about but I won't write them all here). 2 months now since the complaint was raised and absolutely no response besides an automated email to say it was received. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY- THERE ARE SO MANY OTHERS THAT ARE MORE RELIABLE AND HAVE MILES BETTER SERVICE

Tip for consumers:
DO NOT USE RIGHTIO

Products used:
Gas engineer

janeb564
January 6th, 2020

I bought a house less than 2 weeks prior the sellers had this company it to service boiler moving date no boiler umpteen repairs needed our plumber showed us dirt in it that should have been done in the prior service completed by RIGHTIO rang them to see if the engineer had given any indication to the sellers found them RUDE WITH ATTITUDE would never use a company like this

susank1220
November 24th, 2020

Do not use rightio plumbers we have been charge £190 to seal one side of a shower to stop a small leak he used dark grey sealant when the internal was white
It isnt even level its a joke

annem897
February 8th, 2021

I wouldn't even give Rightio one star, but you have to in order to provide reasons for a low rating. Basically, they are in administration and seem to be ripping people off before they close. They asked for my bank details upfront and then charged me £380 for not fixing, and not even mentioning on the their invoice, the problems I had called them out to fix. They have not responded and do not put through to the right department when I call.

yuliyao4
April 6th, 2021

JOB 6520926
Absolutely shocking experience, their engineer left us twice with a non-working gas boiler and we were charged a fortune! The first visit: Instead of a proper examination of the boiler and finding out the problem, he simply exchanged the PCB unit. It didn't help at all and he suggested changing another costly detail - a pump in the system, we didn't agree. First useless visit £870.72, second visit (was promised to be free) - trying to charge £357.00.
Then was refunded the next day after my call. BUT(!) a few months later the amount £357.00 was stolen from my bank account, with no notice and no Invoice! Just have noticed it and will speak with my bank tomorrow! So only £1227. 72 in total and your gas boiler could easily explode after Rightio "service"!
A few days later after their visit, an independent engineer checked the boiler and had to disconnect it immediately as it was in a dangerous condition, with lots of easily visible cracks inside and gas leaking! The new boiler was installed the next day.
I was trying to contact Rightio by email and phone with all the evidence, no response!
DON'T USE THEM, DON'T PROVIDE YOUR CARD DETAILS!
Writing this review I still don't believe that it could happen with me and that companies with such a ​level of service really exist (((
Reported to the Trading standards today as well.

Products used:
poor service

paulj754
June 10th, 2020

Was charged £143 for a 10 min diagnosis with no actual repair carried out. I politely objected. I asked the plumber if I could speak to someone at his office. I queried the price with a lady on the phone and was told it was £143 per hour or part thereof. This had not been explained to me previously. She said she would review the original call and call me back. I was told they wouldn't charge until it was resolved. Literally 2 hours later they took the money out of my partners account. No call back, no further explanation. I tried to call them again. I was told again that someone would call back. They didn't.

They insisted on taking card details "to secure the booking" before I could make the booking, but I was told they would not charge until after the job was complete and I had agreed to pay. The company claims there is no callout charge but in reality they will charge a minimum of £143 regardless of any work done.

ronalda319
December 2nd, 2020

This company are the worst rip off merchants ever. They take ages to answer the phone. Charge £160 for half an hour's work.Go away and order parts which they then take a week to come back with. Charge 3 times normal price.Eg boiler circuit board costs £140 they charge £300. Can never give you info about your order saying they have to phone the engineer. You would think computers did not exist. Their adverts are a blatant lie. Tell you they will ring back and never do. Give them your credit card details and it's like putting the money on a roulette wheel. You can get a new boiler for the price of three hours work from them. These cowboys should be shut down.

grahamg47
February 20th, 2019
Verified purchase

Quick call out response, and friendly plumber who cleaned up after himself and seems to have done a good job.The only possible negative aspect is the labour charge which seems a lot to me, but admittedly, I don't know general cost that other companies charge. Glad to have got the job done anyway. Thank you.

rosemarym216
March 24th, 2021

Don't even deserve 1 star, but I had to pick it so I could do this review. Came to the house to clear a blocked shower drain. Was here for 37 minutes and charged me £345.60.

alexi397
February 24th, 2021

The worst ever, cost £450 ruined kitchen floor and wall with a huge flood. Will be taking them to small claims court or using home insurance to cover cost as replies are ignored.

yang11
January 22nd, 2020

I don't even want to give one star to this company! Terrible experience, Before they arrange someone visit my flat, the call operator told me they won't charge money until they completed the job and fixed the problems. The engineer came one hour late, I explained to him all the problems this flat have, and told him the fuse box keep tripping, no hot water, flat is supplied by electricity only. He took 45 mins to diagnosed the problems, and he don't even find out the real problems. Lied to me that he will need to replaced the immersion thermostat on my brand new cylinder, He can't do it today as he have to order it and came back on Thursday. I told him to call me back of the price before he ordering, then he ask me to sign on his tablet as his proof to come, after he is leaving, I phoned up my plumber who installed the Brand new cylinder, he told me I must been lied by the engineer, as it's a brand new cylinder the elements shouldn't break such quick. He had a quick check on the second morning, he told me as the cylinder has two immersion thermostat on my cylinder tank, I can't leave two immersion thermostat on at the same time, he switch one off, leave one on, my fuse box became working normall, and I have hot water straight away. My problems has been sorted out in 5mins, I made a call to rightio and stop them to do any further job, but finally they charged me 142.80 for just checking, which the engineer didn't find out the real problems at the end of the day. When I request a refund, They said it's the labor cost, what! £142.80 for doing nothing in my flat! And lied to me I have to replace the parts! Never use this company!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?