Review of Rightio.co.uk

Tel: 0800 331 7070
privacy@rightio.co.uk

andrewh464
10/23/19

Terrible company in custom response and tradesman. Had to get a plumb called out due to a leak upstairs. Due to having a baby in the house and having to go to work it couldn't wait so called out and rightio sent out a plumber. Who advised the leak wasn't coming from directly under the show drainage and it must be behind the wall. If this was the case then I wouldn't of minded but however after getting the house insurance involved due to holes having to be made in the walls and putting me a further £300 out of pocket due to the excess. The pipes in the walls were fine.

A few days later a family friend who is a general builder came round to see if he could help out and found the leak directly under the shower within 5 minutes.

After a complaint was raised with rightio as the work hadn't been carried out or checked correctly. I had no contact back from them in 2 months and it was always myself chasing them. After getting sick of getting no where i went through the credit card company to claim the money back only to end up with a bill through the door 4 months later.

In short a builder easily found a leak their plumber couldn't and I'm over £300 out of pocket due to the incompetence of this company while at the time also being without water in the house with a baby due to the fact they said the leak was from within the walls.

Avoid this company.

johnc3134
10/22/19

Arrived on time. Friendly, approachable representative who carried out appropriate repair and offered sound advice. Very happy with the service provided and would recommend. Many thanks.

maureenw60
Maureen W.
10/18/19

Good communication from gas engineer who visited. I will use you again when I need an emergency.

samantham411
10/6/19

Absolutely dreadful cost £160 for nothing we still have no lights working ....I would
totally avoid this company

timothya75
9/29/19

Think this is a scam. I fortunately said I would pay the plumber when he came, and resisted their call for my card details over the phone. Of course nobody turned up and their 0330 number now comes up as unobtainable. Avoid!

richc218
9/26/19

I called this company to complete a service on my boiler. The engineer came out and did next to nothing but say a pipe was wrong and I should call fitters and the pressure was 15 ( less than 16 makes the boiler unsafe) he completed the paperwork wrong and left. I spoke with Eon and Gas tech who came out today and showed the gas pressure and pipe were fine. Highlighted the errors the rightio engineer had made and said I should call the company. I did and recorded the call and I explained and said I wanted a refund which was refused while they investigate. I was then told this could take up to 28 working days. I asked to speak to a manager and was told no one was available. This is disgusting. Stay away from this company as they are appalling and I bet they hope people drop the complaints...well I wont as i paid for a service which has not happened and so I want my money back!!!

harrietv6
9/17/19

The plumber arrived very promptly but without phoning/emailing ahead so it was lucky I was in. He didn't know why the toilet was continuously gurgling and trickling and didn't look at the drains or pipes but said he'd fixed it. When I got back later the problem was still there so I had to re-book after considerable difficulty (and the call was cut off after I'd finally got through!). Very offputting marketing tactics, trying to sell a 'care plan' both by phone and email even tho' I'd said 'no' and requested no marketing. Very bad experience.

stever448
9/9/19

Booked to re-pressure my boiler, it took less than a minute, but the plumber deliberately pulled out a pipe and created more work to take him into the 2nd hour if charge. I refused to let him go into his second hour, he condemned my boiler because of the damage he had caused and turned everything off. To top it off, he didn't even clean up after him, leaving me without a boiler, damaged paintwork and a pile of mess, with £153 in his pocket. You have been warned, do not use this company, they will rip you off.

jackyr11
8/31/19

Avoid at all costs. They are robbing, thieving sharks. I just came out of hospital and was having problems with a leak in my toilet. They charged me £140 to replace a little plastic washer and then had the audacity to switch my water supply off to my shower. When I phoned to complain about my shower not working as there was no water supply the plumber said he would charge me again to have a look when he knows fine well he switched my water supply off. Please please do not use this company they are sharks. By the way Rightio this blonde female who knows nothing actually managed to turn my water supply back on myself... Kaching money still safely in my pocket you thieving robbing cowboys

lindab1296
8/25/19

Customer service rude will not give you a invoice still payment is made overcharge
Left elderly mum with no water toilet will not flush do not turn up on time
Only interested in money not customer service

racheld390
8/14/19

This company promised to complete a job on the 13th of August. They didn't arrive until 24hrs later despite being noted as an emergency case due to us having no water. Rang the company up three times. Each time they gave us a new time that they would arrive by. Customer service was extremely poor as when I said the company was unreliable, he told me it wasn't. Eventually turned up at 4.15pm. No complaints on the man himself. Wouldn't recommend this company.

og3
8/11/19

Firstly, has anyone else noticed that 6.6% of reviews on Rightio's site are 1-star, whereas over 50% here (and way more than that elsewhere) are 1-star? I wonder why that is...

It's no wonder, though, that this company has £1.1million of liabilities. The engineer spun the very simple job out to last way longer than it should have
(they charge by the hour) and I had to get another company to come in
and finish the terrible job he did. The second (non-Rightio)
plumber confirmed that the standard of the work was appalling and
should have taken a quarter of the time (this guy did indeed do a brilliant
job in a quarter of the time). I spoke with a Rightio representative on the phone, who seemed to enjoy repeating the phrase "we've concluded our investigation
and the plumber said that the times on the sheet are correct" (my other
half, who was looking after our newborn daughter in the other room at
the time, unfortunately signed the document without knowing any better, trusting that they'd done a decent job). Their "investigation" is nothing. Scum, crooked company.

Tip for consumers: SImple: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

neild88
7/31/19

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! Having had a problem with a boiler i rang Rightio who told me they could send someone out before 5pm. They informed me they needed a card to which no money would be taken from it but was merely to book the appointment so i gave them my credit card number. After work was completed i was sent an email to pay which i did straight away (£156) few days later i saw they had took the same payment off my credit card! I rang straight away to which all i got was "ok we need to look into it" heard nothing more for a few days so rang again and again told someone would ring me back.....NO ONE RINGS YOU BACK!!! we are now into double figures the amount of times iv had to ring this company to try and recover the money they took without authorisation. Have rang again this week to be told it can take 28days....sorry that aint good enough. It didt take 28days to take it out my account. The problem i have now is also this has took my credit card over its limit so put me in default which will inccur charges it has also had a negative impact on my credit score which i have told them this, to which they replied they want proof. They say it takes upto' 28days but the money was taken from my account on 28th June....were in Aug tmmrw and i am still chasing it up, ringing trying to recover my money. Wish i had rang another company now. Please dont make same mistake i did.

N daniels
Ref: 6337786

ninat49
7/18/19

We had a blocked kitchen sink and called Righto. They did come out within 2 hours of our call. I was quoted for half an hour call out charge but it was not made clear that this could easily take longer.

So the plumber came to our door without any tools. Took his time to get to our 2nd floor and look at our blocked kitchen sink. Then went to his van that was parked a walk down the road and came back with a plunger - and when that did not work, he returned to his van to get a coil rod. He was very friendly and had all the time in the world to chat and take his time. It was a simple job and the coil unblocked our sink. He had spend just under an hour in our house. The bill was £ 351. A totally con business.

fredg126
7/15/19

Had my work done 3/4weeks ago. Received a request by Rightio to give a review and I would receive a M&S £10 voucher within 2 weeks. Very disappointed to still be waiting for it. !!!!! Makes me wonder if it was a ploy to get a good review. Fred Good 6328232

paulam360
7/5/19

l was charged £112,80 for being told by a plumber from Rightio that my cistern needed replacing, which l already knew. the plumber stayed 3 minutes, said that l would get a quote for the job, l never heard from them, and they took the money out of my account 2 weeks later. no work was done, no paper work was sent to me , and no explanation of the money stolen from my account. l had foolishly given them my bank card details, incase they did the job. l spoke to the complaints department who said the charge for Diagnostics. this meant that the plumber had said "you need a new cistern" so this was an expensive sentence. Rightio has decided that they will not refund this money. public be warned about this company

davidh1881
6/27/19

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - They did some work for my mother who is elderly with Alzheimer's and did a completely botched job, yet charged her an absolute fortune (£200+!). We asked them to fix a broken door handle, however they only changed the spindle. After a couple of weeks, it broke again and they had to come back out to repair the handle that they should have repaired in the first place, however they charged a further £200+ for another callout.

They have taken advantage of an elderly lady on her own, knowing that she would not say "No" to paying. We were in desperate need to have the door fixed, therefore paid the money. I have since written to Rightio to outline our complaints and they have failed to respond.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

scottw504
6/22/19

Excellent service, pump on my boiler had packed up, engineer identified problem within minutes and called back the next day as promised and resolved in under an hour for both visits.

audreym96
6/14/19

Fantastic customer service from the very pleasant telephone booking (thank you Eve) to the efficient and personable young plumber, who quickly sorted out the problem, the whole job was seamless. We were even kept updated as to arrival time. Thank you so much

stephenc347
5/15/19

Ive had an engineer come out and paid 140 pound.
He replaced a radiator valve and fixed the radiator to the wall
The valve is still leaking and the radiator has fell off the wall as he only put in one screw and no wall plug

I called up and they came out to check while i was not in, my partner was
The engineer had said the pipe is not leaking and the radiator was done out of good will (i paid 140 pound an hour it is not good will)

I have rang again multiple times and they are refusing to come and fix the leak, causing damage to my cieling

richardm850
5/1/19

Jamie was cheerful, efficient and arrived very much on time. Diagnosed problem with about half of radiators not heating up and replaced broken 2 port valve. Many thanks.

annieb129
4/18/19

The attention I received on the telephone and the speed of the engineer's response was very helpful as I was on a strict timetable Thank you

maryg589
4/10/19

Excellent advice from the plumber and new parts ordered. So refreshing to deal with people who want to help with no fuss and at a reasonable price.

jennyv29
4/8/19

Arrived at the time which was given despite short notice given.Took care to establish problems. Polite and efficient service. Would certainly recommend your service to others.

rhiannet
4/3/19

Plumber turned up on time and quickly identified the problem. He was courteous and efficient getting the job done quickly. Very prompt, efficient and professional service.

Questions? Get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Rightio.co.uk