Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk

rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.64 stars from 194 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Rightio.co.uk also ranks 21st among Plumbing sites. The most common issues with Rightio.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• excellent service and I will recommend to anyone with plumbing or boiler problems.
  • Sure enough, 10 / 15 minutes later, told the plumber would be with me within the next 30 minutes.

• They are very unprofessional, very poor customer service.
  • I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Very pleased engineer turned up in time slot very polite done a good job”

Aura P.
12/19/19

We were absolutely satisfied with the service you provided, especially since we had been let down badly twice by another company. full marks also to Phil the engineer who performed so well and did his job so efficiently. many thanks to you all.mr and Mrs guy

“Scam scam scam.”

Jonathan W.
1/7/20

Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back ...... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.

customer service (21) company (69) engineer (63) 2 hours (12) card details (11) plumber (75) job (65) day (53) phone (47) credit card (6) 5 minutes (9) half hour (5)
jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020
lisan89
January 9th, 2020
I chose Rightio before Christmas because I wanted the reassurances a large firm give. A great start on the 23rd with a diagnosis and plan. Its now the 10th and after paying £160 still nothing! I have called 4 times this week alone - I keep being promised a call back - never materialises - still no plan of action as to when and what will be happening - and no refund so I can get another plumber - I am left with an elderly mother and no shower. So upsetting
janeb564
January 6th, 2020
I bought a house less than 2 weeks prior the sellers had this company it to service boiler moving date no boiler umpteen repairs needed our plumber showed us dirt in it that should have been done in the prior service completed by RIGHTIO rang them to see if the engineer had given any indication to the sellers found them RUDE WITH ATTITUDE would never use a company like this
yang11
January 22nd, 2020
I don't even want to give one star to this company! Terrible experience, Before they arrange someone visit my flat, the call operator told me they won't charge money until they completed the job and fixed the problems. the engineer came one hour late, I explained to him all the problems this flat have, and told him the fuse box keep tripping, no hot water, flat is supplied by electricity only. He took 45 mins to diagnosed the problems, and he don't even find out the real problems. Lied to me that he will need to replaced the immersion thermostat on my brand new cylinder, He can't do it today as he have to order it and came back on Thursday. I told him to call me back of the price before he ordering, then he ask me to sign on his tablet as his proof to come, after he is leaving, I phoned up my plumber who installed the Brand new cylinder, he told me I must been lied by the engineer, as it's a brand new cylinder the elements shouldn't break such quick. He had a quick check on the second morning, he told me as the cylinder has two immersion thermostat on my cylinder tank, I can't leave two immersion thermostat on at the same time, he switch one off, leave one on, my fuse box became working normall, and I have hot water straight away. my problems has been sorted out in 5mins, I made a call to rightio and stop them to do any further job, but finally they charged me 142.80 for just checking, which the engineer didn't find out the real problems at the end of the day. When I request a refund, They said it's the labor cost, what! £142.80 for doing nothing in my flat! and lied to me I have to replace the parts! Never use this company!
dh486
January 16th, 2020
Do not use, absolutely terrible, I'm now on no show number 8, yes 8 for their plumber, on the 5 times he has actually turned up to fix the shower, he's diagnosed the wrong issue twice, lost the required part, had to call the supplier to get help. Still not fixed 4 months later.
Absolute cowboys!
ak151
December 31st, 2019
Zero Stars to Righio! I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe. They claim not to have a call out fee but charged us after visiting for 2 minutes and not solving the problem they were called out for. They claimed they are charging for diagnosis and took us to court when we refused to pay. We told them what the problem was before they visited. What did they diagnose? Nothing! AVOID! Avoid! AVOID! Use their service at your peril!!!
aurap
December 19th, 2019
martinc89
January 29th, 2017
Dreadful people of no use to anyone. Brought me over to the Isle of Wight at great expense to meet a plumber. He didn't turn up and they said he was the only engineer. Refused help to me to find somebody else - said this was against their policy. I asked if I could speak to their managing director. I was told that this is a waste of time because he will not talk to anyone because this is against their policy.
williamm1642
March 20th, 2020
I booked a plumber to come round and access the leak i had coming from my waste pipe. He took one look at it and told me to "bodge" it with some sealant - I was charge £112.
brianl701
February 11th, 2020
Two 90 year old blue badge holders friday find kitchen flooded, boiler leaking
Contacted local number 1143hours
Told 1-2 hours engineer will phone when on route
1645 contacted company told , "unable to attend today, not till monday, suggest local plumber as they are a Birmingham company
Agree said would phone back of unable to find one
1650 contacted local plumber, will call in to sort
1705 left parents house to go home, had to get neighbour to move their car
1715 parents phone saying engineer phoned on route about ten minutes
1735 parents call say engineer arrived can do nothing till Monday need to order parts.
1800 parents phone saying second engineer arrived and gone away, evidently first one was from RIGHTIO
Monday morning parents phone number left by first eng
Told engineer off sick and had not ordered parts, need another to attend later that day for rediagnosis, probably next week before repair
Told no attendance required, told will be billed £202:80 for previous call out
Contacted my engineer
Engineer arrived told story, contacted Worcester who came that day and sorted under guarantee, no charge from either.
Tuesday invoice from RIGHTIO £202:80
Wednesday demand letter from RIGHTIO to be paid by thursday or court action
They deny the 1745 phone call,seems to be lost from recording system, state engineer was there at 1631 until 1639.
Consequently told must pay now officially sent to debt collectors.
Every phone call stonewalled just repeated the it was resolved now with debt collection
Refuse to check engineer phone log to assert time or to look for my phone call which they deny happened.
They are Rob dogs, the attendance was cancelled.
Customer service not willing to listen just keep repeating that we must pay. Threatened bayliffs.
amandal544
February 20th, 2020
Boiler error code indicated the problem, so phoned Rightio as it looked as though it was local to us. Told them the fault and they agreed to send out an engineer, who did turn up. He spent less than an hour 'diagnosing' the fault (which we had already told him anyway), he then spent several minutes talking to someone on the phone asking advice, but then had to borrow our phone because he had run out of credit! He advised us that we would get a call the next day telling us the cost of the replacement part, so we decided to investigate ourselves to get a rough idea beforehand. Lucky we did because the price they quoted the next day was double!! We told them that we would not go ahead with the repair. They then refused to send us an invoice by post for payment by cheque, and insisted we pay immediately for the 'diagnostics' over the phone - we had no alternative but to pay the £130 they were demanding as they otherwise said the charge would go up! This company are very intimidating when you start asking questions, and we would agree with previous reviewers that it all seems a scam to get your money. The engineer didn't seem to know what he was doing, was extremely uncommunicative and gave us the impression that he knew the cost of the part would be inflated. We would even go as far as to say he was shifty and had an air of guilt around him - conscience perhaps? We have now contacted a local plumber (which is what we had THOUGHT we were doing with Rightio) and we will be reporting them to Trading Standards. Stay away from them.
dominich28
February 17th, 2019
You engineer, Mr N Davey-Lee, was excellent. He was very friendly, clearly knew exactly what he was doing and, went to the trouble of teaching me thing or two about heating systems. When it's time to have my boiler serviced again, in a year from now, I will ask you, RIGHTIO, to come and do it........even request that Mr. N Davey-Lee himself come and do it.Thank you.......yours faithfully, Dominic Hopkins.
deans204
December 18th, 2019
I have just seen that my credit card has been charged for £1048!!!!! for a valve change to my boiler. The engineer arrived at 15:15pm, apparently diagnosed the issue, and then left the premises for an hour and a half to find parts. He returned, fitted the part and departed at 7pm. Not breakdown of any charges, no bill, no invoice. Just a credit card transaction of £1048, for not even 4 hours work, to fit one valve!! Absolute disgusting rip off. Don't go anywhere near this company!!
alanl200
October 29th, 2019
Verified purchase
The engineer took time to explain as he worked what was required to get my boiler going, which he did effectively and tested before completing. Thank you.
paulas302
January 17th, 2020
Emergency gas call out for suspected minor gas leak in cooker. Gave call centre details, grew impatient at hard sales tactic for unrelated protection plan. Was told 80% jobs resolved in one hour and told £138 +vat for hour. Engineer arrived within 45mins which started ok. Job required basic gas checks and tightness check of pipework. Started getting suspicious after 20 mins as Engineer wasnt really doing very much. Testing took approx 15mins. He wasted a lot of time repeating himself telling us technical details without us asking. Tried not engaging in unnecessary conversation but he proceeded to tell tales of other jobs. We tried all attempts to get him to concentrate on the job at hand. He eventually told us no leak detected, repeated what he said previously. Took photos. Went to his van a few times then had the audacity to say he was 9mins over the initial hour and the total charge was £336! Seriously £336 for no work other than a basic gas check of meter and cooker pipe work! He knew he had been stalling. He knew the company charge excessive fees beyond an hour but wasted our time regardless. They take your card details when booking so you get charged straight away with little opportunity for recourse when you realise you've been overcharged.
Honestly I'm so outraged I plead others to take note and avoid at all costs! Save your hard earned money and get a locally qualified recommend tradesperson dont take the risk you'll only feel ripped off. The number of terrible complications says it all.
RIGHTIO ARE THIEVING COWBOYS!!
christinep318
December 18th, 2019
Scam artists - avoid. I booked them to service a gas fire for my parents, who are nearly 90, in Scotland. Rightio quoted £139 + VAT for an hour's visit, which was more than my parents had ever paid. The service never takes long, certainly not a full hour. In the event, I was charged £333. When I challenged this, they said that the visit had taken 1hr 9 mins, which was 3 mins more than their 'buffer' time. It seemed to me that the visit had been conveniently stretched into a second hour for which they could charge another £139 + VAT. Worse, according to my mother she was contacted to say that the engineer had arrived but could not gain admittance to their house. They went out to the road and could see no-one - he turned up ten minutes later. So the engineer started the clock before he was anywhere near the premises. It was a scam, presumably perpetrated against many customers to lucrative effect. Rightio Customer Services were hard as nails and clearly used to being challenged. I have never complained about a company before, but will never use this company again and feel that others should be warned.
johnc3134
October 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase
Arrived on time. Friendly, approachable representative who carried out appropriate repair and offered sound advice. Very happy with the service provided and would recommend. Many thanks.
annabels6
March 15th, 2020
They said they would be out within 2 hours to fix a leak, 24 hours later they turned up! Two weeks later the leak has come back and we have got to pay again for someone to actually fix it
markj687
December 21st, 2019
If anyone have had to get another company out to fix or diagnose a problem that was not correctly done by Rightio, then please contact your bank and try and get a charge-back if you have paid on credit card. Please get written documentation from the professional company and this will help in attempting to get your money back.

EVERYONE ELSE who are thinking about using these cowboys, charlatans, rip-off merchants, bodge job, good for nothing outfit, THEN DO NOT. You will be ripped off and left so out of pocket. Use a local company instead as they will be quicker, more efficient, nicer and the main thing, give you value for money.

Use Rightio at your own peril
stever448
September 9th, 2019
Booked to re-pressure my boiler, it took less than a minute, but the plumber deliberately pulled out a pipe and created more work to take him into the 2nd hour if charge. I refused to let him go into his second hour, he condemned my boiler because of the damage he had caused and turned everything off. To top it off, he didn't even clean up after him, leaving me without a boiler, damaged paintwork and a pile of mess, with £153 in his pocket. You have been warned, do not use this company, they will rip you off.
heathers601
November 29th, 2019
Failed to make a next day appointment leaving me with no heating or hot water and having taken a morning off work
geoffreyp27
November 8th, 2019
Arranged an appointment in morning; received a call at 13:00 to inform me that engineer would be late!! A further call at 16:15 informed me engineer would arrive in half hour. Engineer arrived at 18:15 and then, after half hour and which cost me £154.50, was told the boiler problem would need a more professional assessment than he could offer!!!! Problem unresolved and I'm left absolutely seething and disgusted! Avoid like the f***ing plague!!
susand533
February 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase
Yesterday, my toilet wouldn't flush - only toilet in the house. Found Rightio website and gave you a call. Immediately impressed by the friendly welcome. You promised to have someone out to me before 6pm. Engineer arrived at about 5pm and fixed my cistern very quickly. The cord had broken on my bathroom light, so he was working by torchlight, which he took with very good humour. All done in about 30 minutes for less than half the cost quoted by another company.
danh444
December 29th, 2019
Had an electrician to check why my washing machine was tripping our circuit breaker. He was around for no longer than 15 minutes only to tell me that the washing machine was broken and tripping the breakers and we would need a new washing machine. Usually qualified engineers/electricians charge a £90 call-out fee or £45 if the job is half an hour. As it was merely a fleeting visit only to tell me what I already knew I thought he may understandably only charge half of a call-out fee, instead he charged me £142.80! More than an hour should ever be for doing what I could have done.I literally paid £142.80 for absolutely nothing. STAY WELL AWAY - rogue traders!
tickedo6
November 18th, 2019
You will regret dealing with this company who are bordering on scamming. They just want your card details to get at money. They will not turn up in the promised time and you will not be able to get hold of them once you've placed an order. Their website is not safe and their telephone numbers keep changing on their website. Stay away. They have been reported to the police.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.
Owner / Executive

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?