Review of Rightio.co.uk

Tel: 0800 331 7070
privacy@rightio.co.uk

rossc55
7/9/18

I've been ripped off by Rightio. I was losing water pressure on the property. The guys turned up and said it's a localised problem due to droughts. He said he even questioned it with Rightio before turning up, saying that might be the problem. They sent him anyway. He was here 5mins I paid £112.80.

heatherm327
7/2/18

I made the initial phone call and Rightio insisted on having someone meet them on site despite giving payment details and access instructions and you kept the person waiting on two appointment dates. I even told you how to access the property.
You company deserves to get a large ZERO

I dare say you will need to get all your plumbers and admin writing review for you as that is obviously the way Righio does things. Totally disrespectful of the client / trade contract.

davids1682
6/15/18

Unreliable, expensive and apparently incapable of turning up and fixing a leaking boiler, ive Now lost two and half days holiday waiting for the engineers visit slots only to be cancelled on the day and have now been two weeks without any hot water. Without doubt the worst service from any company ever ive used.

dawnh158
5/31/18

All very straightforward having the boiler fitted today. The fitter worked all day, just got on with the job, was polite, made no mess and left everything tidy and working at the end. Very pleased so far

jennyo26
5/18/18

At my time of need and emergency plumber was able to sort out my dripping tap within one hour, so thank you very much.
Yours
A satisfied customer

mrh50
5/16/18

I was not present but the wife was very pleased with the work that was done and also said the plumber was very pleasant. Good job done, thank you.

bobs465
5/12/18

On the initial appointment Michael explained very clearly what the problem was. On hearing that we were only in the area (visiting our son) for a couple of days, he quickly checked that the parts were available and arranged for the work to be done the following day while we were still around. He arrived at the time expected and worked very cleanly and efficiently all the time explaining to us the work involved so that we understood what was going on. When he'd finished, he cleared up so that there was no tidying up for us to do. A really nice chap who obviously knew exactly what he was doing which gave us complete confidence in him.

mrk44
5/11/18

Fast response to my initial call (the lady I spoke to was REALLY helpful). Being kept informed, initially with broad time frame for arrival and then of imminent arrival is very reassuring. Friendly, knowledgeable chap (Mark) turned up, offered solutions to my problem so I could make an informed choice and then did the job quickly and efficiently (those two words are different). He left me confident that signing up to your plumbing Care Plan was the right thing to do (chatting whilst working to make sure I fully understood what the plan did and didn't cover). Once I've replaced my central heating boiler later in the year, I'll sign up to one of your heating plans too.

mrsf12
5/11/18

Excellent service both from the engineer who came to my house and the customer service team who dealt with the quote and installation details. Great work - well done

simonk56
5/8/18

Totally unreliable. I made an appointment at 7.10am in the morning and was given a slot for 10am to 2pm. They didn't turn up. I phoned at 2.30pm and they said no plumber was available and that they were "due to phone me" to tell me this news. Avoid like the plague.

andyp74
4/26/18

They came out for a free quote. They guessed at 3 hours at £119 per hour because the leak was behind a wall and he couldn't tell without damaging the wall. We left it at that then we get threatening phone call demanding we pay £119 for the quote

jamesb673
4/14/18

If you want good service at a fair price, it's all about finding companies you can trust. Rightio fails that test abysmally.

We called Rightio for a trivially simple job, disconnecting an old radiator we wanted to get rid of: they said it would take less than an hour and cost £139. The plumber they sent didn't know a thing! He wasted a full hour figuring out how to shut the water off (waving off our attempts to just tell him), then spent all of 15 minutes removing the radiator and capping the pipes, then wasted another hour struggling to re-pressure the boiler, even though, and I quote "I've never seen one like this, I don't know how it works." We've re-pressured it before, we tried to tell him he was doing it wrong, but he got stubborn and abusive. He never did get it to work either, we just managed to get him out of the room.

As a result, they tried to charge us for THREE HOURS, £450. I tried to dispute it, but they have a great scheme: they insist on clearing the bill right there as the plumber got ever more agitated: raising his voice at us, shouting at the phone as we spoke to Rightio, even knocked over the coffee we made him splashing the whole wall. We were happy to settle at £350 to get him out of the house.

In summary, if you like watching a 15 minute job spun into a 3 hour one, paying 3 times as much for half the job, and having in the end to do half the work yourself, by all means go with Rightio!

patricias264
4/7/18

I have just paid over £600 and my unvented cylinder is still leaking. Useless untrained in this field engineer is apparently the only one in Norwich area. I am disgusted!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company especially in Norwich area They are just cowboys

janef105
3/8/18

Terrible service.
Impossible to get through . Keep you waiting for ever. Didnt turn up to do job and not the courtesy of a call. Re-booked but they didnt turn up. Awful service. Beware.

suep94
2/12/18

Requested a heating engineer as our boiler keeps cutting out. They sent us a cowboy, who said our pump needed replacing, then backed down when challenged. Did nothing to solve our problem. Charged £142.80 for nothing. Couldnt get them out of the house fast enough.

rashae2
1/24/18

I would avoid this company as they are overpriced and not especially efficient. I had an electrical job that involved replacing the fusebox as a fuse kept tripping. The initial call out was dealt with fairly quickly (i.e. an electrician came out the next day) and but the charge was a whopping £124, and this was after a weird 'negotiation' with them (I think their charges are based on how busy they are - this was a 'not busy' call out charge).

After this initial 'appraisal' by an electrician, the job to supply and fit a new fusebox needed a further £700-800 (final cost would depend on how long it would take, as they quote per half hour).

From initial appraisal to pricing for the new fusebox and quoting for the job to fit the fusebox, it took 3 and a half weeks, one 'lost' (defected) engineer and about 6 slightly frustrating phone calls. Not what I would describe as high-end efficiency.

This - to supply and fit a fusebox. I'm afraid I did not, and could not, justify the expense and did not go ahead with it. I went to another company and got the job re-appraised all over again and actually done - all in under a week - for £480 all in. This was in the autumn of 2017; I have all the required certification and have not had any problems since.

The only good thing about this company is the politeness of the people who answer your calls. They are all sweetness and courtesy, and the one star here is all theirs.

My advice would be to shop around if you can. Even if you are desperate, I wouldn't go with anyone charging a call out over a hundred pounds - doesn't bode well...

alim128
1/17/18

Please keep away from them. They are very unprofessional, very poor customer service. Total waste of time.

dana1178
1/3/18

Have charged a pensioner over £500 damaged the hot water cylinder causing a leak and leaving a family without hot water and heat over Christmas. Despite promises nobody has tried to sort this out or responded to us. Repairs have now cost another £1300! Dont use them in the Cv 13 area ! Im sure they have some decent staff in places but its too hit and miss.

jaynem19
12/4/17

Do not use this company at any price prey on the vulnerable and remove any negative reviews from their web site and facebook page

darrelw11
11/30/17

Never employ these people at any cost , bare wires in my home that has led to injury , they have not offered to make the situation good at all and just avoid conversation
but rest assured i have been charged for my injury !!
Rip off

andyf44
11/24/17

I pay for this service, but it s truly terrible and they have one more chance before i find somebody else. Twice they have cancelled on me on short notice , even after i ad to chase them for a boiler service. They also challenged my need for a radiator service which i expressly went through with them and paid extra for. Today i booked the afternoon off work to sit here and wait...and as if by magic just got a call to say they can't make it and were very rude on the cal as if it was my fault...... do not sign up with this company unless you want grief!

jimd169
11/15/17

Do not use this company, they give you a time and when no one turns up you ring hem again and are given another time slot which they do not keep, this happen to celebrate he first day then four times on the next day, one arrived at 19.00 on the 3rd day he had the part in his van n day two.
The company took payment straight out of my bank on the first day then another large one on the day the engineer finished,
Altogether I think a total off £350.00 for a fan which we told him was wrong is a rip off.
Never will I or my family friends and neighbors will ever use again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

keitht53
11/8/17

Feel bad giving this company any rating. They are without doubt the worst company I have had the displeasure of using. Missed appointments, shoddy workmanship (Plumber broke another part of the boiler that led to more delays) applalling customer service section, only interested in getting your money. After over 2 weeks of trying to get them to fix the boiler to no avail in the end I called a local Plumber who fixed the problem in 2 hours. After all this Rightio still wanted to charge me..... incredible! Mentioned to them how they had been guilty of not filling out their obligations under the Consumer Services Act....that worked!.....so suggest others do likewise with issues with this company. They are a prime candidate for a TV slot on Watchdog.

chrish357
11/6/17

our tenant had two issues a blocked sink and a shower that didn't work. Called rightio on a thursday. They told the tenant they would be round on Monday! he (rightly) called me so I went round and unblocked the sink myself at the weekend. The rightio guy turned up on monday, didn't fix the shower because he said it was an electrical issue and tried to charge me 154 pound for unblocking the sink that I had done myself! dishonesty at it's worst - beware!

alistairw4
10/23/17

I was told a plumber would be round between 9 & 1pm on Saturday and I would be given a call 2 hours before arrival. At 11am I had not been called. I called and was told 1pm. I called at 1pm and told 1:30pm. I called at 1:30pm and then told 90 more mins until the plumber would arrive. When asked if I would receive any discount they said no, I asked again and they said theyd give £5 discount. I decided at this point to cancel. I then received a call at 3:30 telling me hed be there at 5pm. I confirmed again I wanted to cancel. If I hadnt cancelled I would still be waiting and charged. Dont use them they couldnt care less about the problem you have. If I could rate lower than 1 I would. My Saturday was wasted and had to go find another plumber.

Questions? Get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

Rightio.co.uk?