Rightio.co.uk

Trustpilot
4 / 5
Reviews.io
1 / 5

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.21 stars from 268 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Rightio.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, card details and next day problems.Rightio.co.uk ranks 103rd among Plumbing sites.

This company does not typically respond to reviews

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.7%

No positive highlights yet

• Terrible customer service, engineer damaged shower and caused a leak.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Extremely personable and knowledgeable”

Alan L.
10/29/19

The engineer took time to explain as he worked what was required to get my boiler going, which he did effectively and tested before completing. Thank you.

“Dishonest unprofessional company that overcharges”

Matthew M.
1/22/22

Please avoid this company i have been over-charged £410 for a guy to come out for under an hour and a half. He didn't clean up properly and took far longer than required to fix a simple leak. Really unprofessional, overpriced, and dishonest company. I was told the engineer would be at my flat by 12, he turned up gone 4 without an apology. Job ref: 6801194

customer service (27)
deniseb1484
June 29th, 2022

This company is absolutely the LOWEST OF THE LOW, they have robbed my in-laws who are 88 years old while we was away, took £480 off them to fix an electrical fault, they paid cash with no receipt, and fault was not fixed. We have been in contact with them, and they are refusing to come back. Feel pained to have to give them 1 star This company target the elderly. Consumer act informed, and police to be made aware.

leec527
April 26th, 2022

Called this company for a locksmith (6840056)
It started with a very confusing conversation with Harry whom seemed confused however, eventually I was given a reference No. And told the "Locksmith?" would call beforehand!
The call never happened and a guy turned up and was very disappointed when he asked if it was the lock on the brand new front door!
When I showed him the correct door and explained the issue he stated he could only release the lock by either cutting the lock off from outside or cutting away a large proportion of the door from the inside as it was a outward opening door. I explained his only access to the outside was over a flat roof to which he flatly ( pardon the pun) refused and left!
If you need a "locksmith" don't call these guys call a local professional near you instead.

Tip for consumers:
Find a “local” professional

Products used:
Non

matthewm1742
January 22nd, 2022

tomj833
October 1st, 2021

Rightio charged £1639. 80 to fix a boiler, including time not working although they had said that time collecting spares would not be charged (this happened 4 times at £149 an hour); and not providing an invoice for spares when asked in email complaining when they debited their invoice. They didn't reply to the complaint.

jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020

Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.

darrenm139
Darren M.
April 29th, 2020

They advised between 1 and 2 hours, called to advise it would now be around 4 hours instead, then never showed, avoid them if you need an emergency fixed.
Despite me also taking out the ongoing service contract with them.

martinc89
January 29th, 2017

Dreadful people of no use to anyone. Brought me over to the Isle of Wight at great expense to meet a plumber. He didn't turn up and they said he was the only engineer. Refused help to me to find somebody else - said this was against their policy. I asked if I could speak to their managing director. I was told that this is a waste of time because he will not talk to anyone because this is against their policy.

hannahg182
March 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was quoted £119 plus VAT unblocking a toilet the job should take half an your the engineer spent less than half hour to do the job but I was charged £294! I've tried complaining but there is only a customer service email and no phone line! I had to pay the bill when the plumber left! I've been scammed I will never use this company again please don't use them they are scammers!

dimitriosg18
February 12th, 2022

The guys are a fraud! They charged me £120+ Vat, a total of £150 just to come and tell me that they cannot get the job done! I asked them to connect my washing machine to the downstairs WC. The guy came, told me that he couldn't get the job done, left in 5 minutes, still payed the whole amount regardless that the job wasn't done! I feel like I have been robbed! Worst experience ever! The guys are a joke!

abbyt44
March 3rd, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs! We were charged £184 for an engineer who arrived and obviously had no clue what he was doing, he advised the cast iron pipe had been repaired, charged us £184 and left our house. A day later the leak started again, numerous calls to Rightio and two further engineers were sent out before I was told they do not have anyone qualified enough to repair the leak and that I would receive a refund. This was at the beginning of December and I am still waiting for my £184 refund having chased them up numerous times.

stuartp42
December 14th, 2019

Poor, called to have boiler repaired and set up care package for 12 months. Appt made for day of call, Rightio cancelled this as the engineer couldn't attend, new appointment made for following day, again call to say engineer unable to attend, new appointment made or following day i took time off work to be home, call 30 minutes before to say engineer unable to attend. 3 days, 3 appointments no engineer. 3 days wasted that i could have been using a better service provider. I have since cancelled my care package as i have no confidence they will honour their obligations and actually attend.

sarahg1117
June 26th, 2021

I was charged £470 for two visits and they didn't fix the the boiler. I contacted a different company and they said that they should never have touched an unvented cylinder without the correct qualifications. They fixed the problem and charged half the price. Luckily I had before/after photos and their email to prove how incompetent the company is. I reported them to trading standards.

If you pay by credit card then contact them. I got a full refund.

julieo200
April 17th, 2021

They went to fix and replace a lost garage door key at my 84 year old mothers house kept her waiting for hours and then charged £173 to put a new barrel in that is the cheapest barrel you can buy disgusting do not use these rip offs £119 for labour when they were there half hour

jamesh3369
January 26th, 2021

Firstly I rang at 12:00 on saturday and got told the person would be here between 13:00 and 17:00 yet they arrived at 19:30 which in my eyes is terrible service.
So the guy tried a few things for the 40mins he was there and solved nothing? Yes nothing... Yet I had to pay £166 pounds for the service of nothing.
He told us we can try ourselves as he will charge extra money for every half an hour he was here. Yet when i rang up they said nothing about there is a charger for every hour the person was here so we have some missed information given on the first point of contact, which is totally unacceptable in my eyes.
Anyway the guy who arrived had already worked over 12 hours this day and really couldn't be bothered to do anymore work, as he was trying anything he could to go home. On the top of all this he even needed my help with holding the plugs down and even used the hose to try to flush the problem out. Shoudln't they be bring there own stuff for a job? Then he also need light so i turned my torch on my phone for him to use, so he used the torch for a while and as he got him he knocked my phone of the shelf and into the sink bucket which was full of bleach and waste from under the sink. As a result of this my phone is still saying mositure is detectived and i can't charge my phone cause of this, luckly i have a wireless charger too that i can use for now but its slow.
As you can see from all the information above im not happy. Because problem wasn't fixed, damage to my phone, CBA attitude from the person, Not told about hourly charges, Lateness.

alexm1326
February 11th, 2021

I was told by the engineer that my boiler could not be repaired and that I would need a new boiler. I was told I would be charged £160 / hour I was charged £190. I was left with no heating or hot water. I got a second opinion and it was up and running with any problem and at a cost of £60. Total rip off company I would say DO NOT USE.

margaretg405
August 11th, 2020

Obtained online due to urgency on a Sunday and no local plumber available. Charged nearly twice as much hourly as quoted on phone. Been trying to get transcript of phone call. Told it has been sent to me by email( twice), a written transcript and by disc. But none of these received by me. Assume they are hiding info from me. This firm needs investigating for what appears to be lying to and overcharging customers.

rukhsanar
February 19th, 2019
Verified purchase

Prompt and efficient, phoned at 7.30am, plumber was here within an hr, diagnosed problem, carried out swiftly. We had a burst pipe outside and couldn't turn off stopcock, the water was gushing from 9pm last night, rang around last night and couldn't get anyone. Started ringing around this morning and found you. Thankfully!

pamb671
September 14th, 2021

We called to book a job fitting 3 replacement taps and a towel rail. Was told the charge was £119.00 plus VAT but it was not made clear that was per hour! When we finally received the job sheet after numerous requests, we had been charged for 5 hours at a cost of £714.00 including VAT. 3 hours 30 minutes was the time the engineer was here, a real rip off. Go one minute over the hour, and it is rounded up to the next. We have logged a complaint but not optimistic of even getting a reply. Our next step will be to refer the company to Trading Standards as we consider we have been conned! Avoid like the plague!

andrewh991
January 22nd, 2021

This firm has the most arrogant and unhelpful customer service department I've ever encountered. Made a complaint about the whole disaster, and months later they still haven't bothered to reply. Total disgrace, I am just glad I found out before using them for the other 9 buy to lets I have.

sunnelm
November 15th, 2019

Rightio are criminals. They charge very high fees and if you do not go ahead, they still charge you inspection fee of over £130 even if there was nothing inspected.

williamg984
July 9th, 2020

Quality of work from the two tradesmen was satisfactory. Job completed in 23 minutes. However, i was not provided with a total cost nor was I sent an email invoice. Instead I found out how much the job cost by reviewing my bank statement. This was not the arrangement i agreed to. Eventually spoke to someone in Birmingham who provided a verbal breakdown and promised for an email invoice to be sent. Call out charge including VAT is £142.00.

keviny43
February 20th, 2019
Verified purchase

Brilliant service. Probably slightly pricier than phoning a standard plumber, but you're paying for speed and convenience. I had a problem with my kitchen and bathroom sinks. Phoned Rightio at 9, plumber was here just after 11 and both problems fixed within an hour.

alexandran23
February 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase

There was the usual efficient, polite service from your call centre (Sabrina on this occasion) when I first contacted you and also a later phone call to offer me an earlier appointment than originally arranged if I wanted (yes please!). When the plumber (Robert Thorn) arrived he was extremely polite and efficient completing the job quickly with no fuss leaving everything neat, tidy and clean-a credit to your company!

richardg1334
October 28th, 2020

I was charged £178.80 for a call out charge as our central heating had broken down. The engineer told me that everything needed to be replaced which would cost me in excess of £4,000. As my central heating had been installed only 8 years ago I wasnt satisfied so a friend put me on to a local heating engineer who is a one man band. Much to my amazement he fixed my heating in 20 minutes and charged me £50. Apparently something minor had gone wrong and now my home is warm again. Rightio Plumbing should be shut down.

grahamg47
February 20th, 2019
Verified purchase

Quick call out response, and friendly plumber who cleaned up after himself and seems to have done a good job.The only possible negative aspect is the labour charge which seems a lot to me, but admittedly, I don't know general cost that other companies charge. Glad to have got the job done anyway. Thank you.

Does the firm observe the consumer rights act 2015?

Hi rightio, can you let me know if you're open at the weekend please?

How much to cancel the service .

Why does a free quote cost £119?all you did was look at a wall and say i can't see through it so it will need to be damaged.is that advice worth £119?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.2
Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?