Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.67 stars from 191 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Rightio.co.uk also ranks 28th among Plumbing sites. The most common issues with Rightio.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• excellent service and I will recommend to anyone with plumbing or boiler problems.
  • Sure enough, 10 / 15 minutes later, told the plumber would be with me within the next 30 minutes.

• They are very unprofessional, very poor customer service.
  • did not attend before 1030, did not call me back once when they said they would, did not provided the promised engineer.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Very pleased with the service”

Dawn H.
5/31/18

All very straightforward having the boiler fitted today. The fitter worked all day, just got on with the job, was polite, made no mess and left everything tidy and working at the end. Very pleased so far

“Avoid at your peril!!!”

Keith T.
11/8/17

Feel bad giving this company any rating. They are without doubt the worst company I have had the displeasure of using. Missed appointments, shoddy workmanship (Plumber broke another part of the boiler that led to more delays) applalling customer service section, only interested in getting your money. After over 2 weeks of trying to get them to fix the boiler to no avail in the end I called a local Plumber who fixed the problem in 2 hours. After all this Rightio still wanted to charge me..... incredible! Mentioned to them how they had been guilty of not filling out their obligations under the Consumer Services Act....that worked!.....so suggest others do likewise with issues with this company. They are a prime candidate for a TV slot on Watchdog.

customer service (22) engineer (63) company (68) day (53) card details (11) plumber (74) job (65) 2 hours (11) credit card (6) 5 minutes (9) half hour (5) time (66)
stever448
September 9th, 2019
Booked to re-pressure my boiler, it took less than a minute, but the plumber deliberately pulled out a pipe and created more work to take him into the 2nd hour if charge. I refused to let him go into his second hour, he condemned my boiler because of the damage he had caused and turned everything off. To top it off, he didn't even clean up after him, leaving me without a boiler, damaged paintwork and a pile of mess, with £153 in his pocket. You have been warned, do not use this company, they will rip you off.
tickedo6
November 18th, 2019
You will regret dealing with this company who are bordering on scamming. They just want your card details to get at money. They will not turn up in the promised time and you will not be able to get hold of them once you've placed an order. Their website is not safe and their telephone numbers keep changing on their website. Stay away. They have been reported to the police.
wh35
September 25th, 2018
When you need a plumbing job done quickly you're prepared to pay more so that the problem is solved. However, these people want to charge over the odds, not show up when they say they will and make claims about what they can do that are clearly untrue. We needed our shower fixed (they claim to be 'shower specialists'), but the person who came was incompetent and recommended that we have a complete replacement shower (£500+) when what was needed was a new cartridge (£50). Customer services do not respond and they refuse to return money paid for work that wasn't done. Do NOT use this company.
deans204
December 18th, 2019
I have just seen that my credit card has been charged for £1048!!!!! for a valve change to my boiler. The engineer arrived at 15:15pm, apparently diagnosed the issue, and then left the premises for an hour and a half to find parts. He returned, fitted the part and departed at 7pm. Not breakdown of any charges, no bill, no invoice. Just a credit card transaction of £1048, for not even 4 hours work, to fit one valve!! Absolute disgusting rip off. Don't go anywhere near this company!!
timothya75
September 29th, 2019
Think this is a scam. I fortunately said I would pay the plumber when he came, and resisted their call for my card details over the phone. Of course nobody turned up and their 0330 number now comes up as unobtainable. Avoid!
geoffreyp27
November 8th, 2019
Arranged an appointment in morning; received a call at 13:00 to inform me that engineer would be late!! A further call at 16:15 informed me engineer would arrive in half hour. Engineer arrived at 18:15 and then, after half hour and which cost me £154.50, was told the boiler problem would need a more professional assessment than he could offer!!!! Problem unresolved and I'm left absolutely seething and disgusted! Avoid like the f***ing plague!!
dh486
January 16th, 2020
Do not use, absolutely terrible, I'm now on no show number 8, yes 8 for their plumber, on the 5 times he has actually turned up to fix the shower, he's diagnosed the wrong issue twice, lost the required part, had to call the supplier to get help. Still not fixed 4 months later.
Absolute cowboys!
jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020
Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back ...... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.
samantham411
October 6th, 2019
Absolutely dreadful cost £160 for nothing we still have no lights working ....I would
totally avoid this company
harrietv6
September 17th, 2019
The plumber arrived very promptly but without phoning/emailing ahead so it was lucky I was in. He didn't know why the toilet was continuously gurgling and trickling and didn't look at the drains or pipes but said he'd fixed it. When I got back later the problem was still there so I had to re-book after considerable difficulty (and the call was cut off after I'd finally got through!). Very offputting marketing tactics, trying to sell a 'care plan' both by phone and email even tho' I'd said 'no' and requested no marketing. Very bad experience.
lisan89
January 9th, 2020
I chose Rightio before Christmas because I wanted the reassurances a large firm give. A great start on the 23rd with a diagnosis and plan. Its now the 10th and after paying £160 still nothing! I have called 4 times this week alone - I keep being promised a call back - never materialises - still no plan of action as to when and what will be happening - and no refund so I can get another plumber - I am left with an elderly mother and no shower. So upsetting
ak151
December 31st, 2019
Zero Stars to Righio! I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe. They claim not to have a call out fee but charged us after visiting for 2 minutes and not solving the problem they were called out for. They claimed they are charging for diagnosis and took us to court when we refused to pay. We told them what the problem was before they visited. What did they diagnose? Nothing! AVOID! Avoid! AVOID! Use their service at your peril!!!
janeb564
January 6th, 2020
I bought a house less than 2 weeks prior the sellers had this company it to service boiler moving date no boiler umpteen repairs needed our plumber showed us dirt in it that should have been done in the prior service completed by RIGHTIO rang them to see if the engineer had given any indication to the sellers found them RUDE WITH ATTITUDE would never use a company like this
jimd169
November 15th, 2017
Do not use this company, they give you a time and when no one turns up you ring hem again and are given another time slot which they do not keep, this happen to celebrate he first day then four times on the next day, one arrived at 19.00 on the 3rd day he had the part in his van n day two.
The company took payment straight out of my bank on the first day then another large one on the day the engineer finished,
Altogether I think a total off £350.00 for a fan which we told him was wrong is a rip off.
Never will I or my family friends and neighbors will ever use again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

racheld390
August 14th, 2019
This company promised to complete a job on the 13th of August. They didn't arrive until 24hrs later despite being noted as an emergency case due to us having no water. Rang the company up three times. Each time they gave us a new time that they would arrive by. Customer service was extremely poor as when I said the company was unreliable, he told me it wasn't. Eventually turned up at 4.15pm. No complaints on the man himself. Wouldn't recommend this company.
christined201
October 31st, 2018
Avoid dealing with this company! They charged my 85 years old deaf Dad who has Alzheimer's Disease £176.76 to replace a plastic light switch. Engineer falsified documentation .Customer Services very well versed in deflecting complaints. Chief Executive Officer Chris Carswell failed to respond to email, registered letter or request to return phone call to justify costs or staff practices.
Absolutely disgustung!
jackis7
August 6th, 2018
This bunch have just charged my 82 year old mother £154.00 to change a washer on a tap! Disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourselves. I wish there was some sort of body that this kind of total rip off could be reported to. Shame on you.
heathers601
November 29th, 2019
Failed to make a next day appointment leaving me with no heating or hot water and having taken a morning off work
richardk384
February 5th, 2019
My elderly mother was charged £154 for "fixing" her boiler, half an hour later it had stopped working again due to a huge water leak under the boiler that was missed. No details of "repair " made, & 3 months later I am still fighting for a refund!!!
simonm143
September 5th, 2018
My 78 year old Mum was charged £109 + vat just to be told the taps on her bath were in the wrong place. She initially called them out due to a dripping shower. They literally gave her a couple of suggestions that may solve the problem, were there for just over 30 minutes and charged her £132.
Avoid this company like the plague.
andyp74
April 26th, 2018
They came out for a free quote. They guessed at 3 hours at £119 per hour because the leak was behind a wall and he couldn't tell without damaging the wall. We left it at that then we get threatening phone call demanding we pay £119 for the quote
richardc625
September 8th, 2018
Dont expect quality customer sevice for the high cost, we called with a problem with our boiler, they tried to charge is 2 hours labour at £129 per hous plus inflated parts cost to replace a themostat. 6 weeks on and cant get through to them, dont return calls. be warned these guys are a complete rip off.
helend105
August 10th, 2018
My 85 yr old mum phoned for a plumber before noon, site stated plumber will be there before1pm by 5.45 after me phoning chap said sorry won't be able to come out. Site makes you think they are local as you call a local number but they are not. No customer service at all. Ensure you call a local tradesperson and avoid this
lot at all costs. Disgusted.
rossc55
July 9th, 2018
I've been ripped off by Rightio. I was losing water pressure on the property. The guys turned up and said it's a localised problem due to droughts. He said he even questioned it with Rightio before turning up, saying that might be the problem. They sent him anyway. He was here 5mins I paid £112.80.
jh439
February 11th, 2019
Terrible experience. I had a leak pouring through my kitchen ceiling, the plumber not only did not know what was the cause of the leak, he seemed totally uninterested in solving my problem. He tried to leave having done no actual work (besides putting a whole in my first storey floor boards) and eventually resealed some of the shower. The leak is still present and I was charged for 2 hours of labour for nothing.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.
Owner / Executive
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?