Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.48 stars from 223 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Rightio.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, next day and phone call problems. Rightio.co.uk ranks 27th among Plumbing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.3%

No positive highlights yet

• Their customer service team have got terrible attitude problems and argue with you.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Avoid this company at all costs”

Andy G.
6/22/20

They charge per visit so the more visits they can do. The bill just keeps going up. If they are there 10 minutes as my engineer was. You still have to pay for a full hour. Then when you question it they threaten you with legal action. Rogues

“Scam scam scam.”

Jonathan W.
1/7/20

Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.

customer service (21)
jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020
richardg1334
October 28th, 2020
I was charged £178.80 for a call out charge as our central heating had broken down. The engineer told me that everything needed to be replaced which would cost me in excess of £4,000. As my central heating had been installed only 8 years ago I wasnt satisfied so a friend put me on to a local heating engineer who is a one man band. Much to my amazement he fixed my heating in 20 minutes and charged me £50. Apparently something minor had gone wrong and now my home is warm again. Rightio Plumbing should be shut down.
margaretg405
August 11th, 2020
Obtained online due to urgency on a Sunday and no local plumber available. Charged nearly twice as much hourly as quoted on phone. Been trying to get transcript of phone call. Told it has been sent to me by email( twice), a written transcript and by disc. But none of these received by me. Assume they are hiding info from me. This firm needs investigating for what appears to be lying to and overcharging customers.
markf1255
November 10th, 2020
Don't know where to start, the job was to sort a leak out under bath but the plumber said he had to rip off the panel first so I agreed to that and then I find out the bath was damaged too. In total I paid £306 for plumber to fix the leak but I've to buy new bath too so I'm total it's cost around £700... did try customer services but they said damages happen on site and it's up to me to sort it out as they take no responsibility... never again...!
grahamg47
February 20th, 2019
Verified purchase
Quick call out response, and friendly plumber who cleaned up after himself and seems to have done a good job.The only possible negative aspect is the labour charge which seems a lot to me, but admittedly, I don't know general cost that other companies charge. Glad to have got the job done anyway. Thank you.
juliew505
July 14th, 2020
Booked plumber for my dad. Rightio quoted £119 plus Vat. Told them I have power of attorney and to contact me for payment. Nevertheless they took £520 from my dad's account. Absolutely dishonest blatant defrauding a vulnerable old man. Don't use!
lisan89
January 9th, 2020
I chose Rightio before Christmas because I wanted the reassurances a large firm give. A great start on the 23rd with a diagnosis and plan. Its now the 10th and after paying £160 still nothing! I have called 4 times this week alone - I keep being promised a call back - never materialises - still no plan of action as to when and what will be happening - and no refund so I can get another plumber - I am left with an elderly mother and no shower. So upsetting
janeb564
January 6th, 2020
I bought a house less than 2 weeks prior the sellers had this company it to service boiler moving date no boiler umpteen repairs needed our plumber showed us dirt in it that should have been done in the prior service completed by RIGHTIO rang them to see if the engineer had given any indication to the sellers found them RUDE WITH ATTITUDE would never use a company like this
susank1220
November 24th, 2020
Do not use rightio plumbers we have been charge £190 to seal one side of a shower to stop a small leak he used dark grey sealant when the internal was white
It isnt even level its a joke
paulj754
June 10th, 2020
Was charged £143 for a 10 min diagnosis with no actual repair carried out. I politely objected. I asked the plumber if I could speak to someone at his office. I queried the price with a lady on the phone and was told it was £143 per hour or part thereof. This had not been explained to me previously. She said she would review the original call and call me back. I was told they wouldn't charge until it was resolved. Literally 2 hours later they took the money out of my partners account. No call back, no further explanation. I tried to call them again. I was told again that someone would call back. They didn't.

They insisted on taking card details "to secure the booking" before I could make the booking, but I was told they would not charge until after the job was complete and I had agreed to pay. The company claims there is no callout charge but in reality they will charge a minimum of £143 regardless of any work done.
yang11
January 22nd, 2020
I don't even want to give one star to this company! Terrible experience, Before they arrange someone visit my flat, the call operator told me they won't charge money until they completed the job and fixed the problems. The engineer came one hour late, I explained to him all the problems this flat have, and told him the fuse box keep tripping, no hot water, flat is supplied by electricity only. He took 45 mins to diagnosed the problems, and he don't even find out the real problems. Lied to me that he will need to replaced the immersion thermostat on my brand new cylinder, He can't do it today as he have to order it and came back on Thursday. I told him to call me back of the price before he ordering, then he ask me to sign on his tablet as his proof to come, after he is leaving, I phoned up my plumber who installed the Brand new cylinder, he told me I must been lied by the engineer, as it's a brand new cylinder the elements shouldn't break such quick. He had a quick check on the second morning, he told me as the cylinder has two immersion thermostat on my cylinder tank, I can't leave two immersion thermostat on at the same time, he switch one off, leave one on, my fuse box became working normall, and I have hot water straight away. My problems has been sorted out in 5mins, I made a call to rightio and stop them to do any further job, but finally they charged me 142.80 for just checking, which the engineer didn't find out the real problems at the end of the day. When I request a refund, They said it's the labor cost, what! £142.80 for doing nothing in my flat! And lied to me I have to replace the parts! Never use this company!
martinc89
January 29th, 2017
Dreadful people of no use to anyone. Brought me over to the Isle of Wight at great expense to meet a plumber. He didn't turn up and they said he was the only engineer. Refused help to me to find somebody else - said this was against their policy. I asked if I could speak to their managing director. I was told that this is a waste of time because he will not talk to anyone because this is against their policy.
dh486
January 16th, 2020
Do not use, absolutely terrible, I'm now on no show number 8, yes 8 for their plumber, on the 5 times he has actually turned up to fix the shower, he's diagnosed the wrong issue twice, lost the required part, had to call the supplier to get help. Still not fixed 4 months later.
Absolute cowboys!
darrenm139
Darren M.
April 29th, 2020
They advised between 1 and 2 hours, called to advise it would now be around 4 hours instead, then never showed, avoid them if you need an emergency fixed.
Despite me also taking out the ongoing service contract with them.
yemia5
June 30th, 2020
I found this company through a Google search and called them to book an appointment to clear kitchen drain.

They had the gall to send me a text message on the morning of the appointment that the job was done and they billed for twice the amount that the originally quoted for without the plumber visiting.

I called for clarification and was bounced around. I asked for a cancellation and although I was informed the visit was cancelled. They still sent an engineer out.

Beware of this company they operate like scam.

Parent company is linked to debt recovery too which is odd for a company who deals in plumbing.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Rightio.
Avoid at all cost

ak151
December 31st, 2019
Zero Stars to Righio! I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe. They claim not to have a call out fee but charged us after visiting for 2 minutes and not solving the problem they were called out for. They claimed they are charging for diagnosis and took us to court when we refused to pay. We told them what the problem was before they visited. What did they diagnose? Nothing! AVOID! Avoid! AVOID! Use their service at your peril!
andyg183
June 22nd, 2020
sn102
May 25th, 2020
My wife phoned for just a quote, but they said they couldn't quote until a booking for a visit was made. Then they sidetrack you to something else, then they say their engineer doesn't have a card reader so you need to give a credit card number. They say they wont charge you, its just to secure the booking. Ergo if you want quote you must give a credit card number. Once they have that beware they will fleece you...
lloydf32
September 28th, 2020
I called rightio as a result of a Google search for boiler repair, which produced a listing which claimed 'no call out charge'.
The agent on the phone said if we carry out the repair you'll be charged £139 +vat per hour for labour plus parts and no monies payable till completion of work, I was then asked for card details but I refused. The engineer arrived 2 hours early, while I was still working, was there for under 10 mins, did no work (the repair quote was so high I did not want to proceed) and then asked for payment of £166.80. I refused and was told the office would call me that day. I have received no call, but have had an email billing me for the above. I can see from the many 1 Star reviews that this seems to be their playbook, and now the stress of a potential £166 for nothing, when I'm going to have to find over 1k for a new boiler, is more worry than I need. I'm disgusted by my own experience, and even more so for the treatment of elderly and vulnerable customers that I see throughout these reviews. I've contacted trading standards, and now await the likely threatening debt collection letters which are no doubt the next phase of this company's attempts to extort money for nothing
williamm1642
March 20th, 2020
I booked a plumber to come round and access the leak i had coming from my waste pipe. He took one look at it and told me to "bodge" it with some sealant - I was charge £112.
cliffs69
August 20th, 2020
Sharks. Do not give your bank debit card number details. Absolute sharks. Gone for parts all fine until am charged again for initial work again charged. Avoid these people.
brianl701
February 11th, 2020
Two 90 year old blue badge holders friday find kitchen flooded, boiler leaking
Contacted local number 1143hours
Told 1-2 hours engineer will phone when on route
1645 contacted company told, "unable to attend today, not till monday, suggest local plumber as they are a Birmingham company
Agree said would phone back of unable to find one
1650 contacted local plumber, will call in to sort
1705 left parents house to go home, had to get neighbour to move their car
1715 parents phone saying engineer phoned on route about ten minutes
1735 parents call say engineer arrived can do nothing till Monday need to order parts.
1800 parents phone saying second engineer arrived and gone away, evidently first one was from RIGHTIO
Monday morning parents phone number left by first eng
Told engineer off sick and had not ordered parts, need another to attend later that day for rediagnosis, probably next week before repair
Told no attendance required, told will be billed £202:80 for previous call out
Contacted my engineer
Engineer arrived told story, contacted Worcester who came that day and sorted under guarantee, no charge from either.
Tuesday invoice from RIGHTIO £202:80
Wednesday demand letter from RIGHTIO to be paid by thursday or court action
They deny the 1745 phone call, seems to be lost from recording system, state engineer was there at 1631 until 1639.
Consequently told must pay now officially sent to debt collectors.
Every phone call stonewalled just repeated the it was resolved now with debt collection
Refuse to check engineer phone log to assert time or to look for my phone call which they deny happened.
They are Rob dogs, the attendance was cancelled.
Customer service not willing to listen just keep repeating that we must pay. Threatened bayliffs.
markj687
May 11th, 2020
• Updated review
After Rightio carried out work on a wrongly diagnosed boiler problem, I went through the complaints procedure and got nowhere (as they will always say that their engineers have carried out their work correctly) so I then went through my credit card provider and have now successfully managed to get a charge back, as it was proved that Rightio failed to correctly diagnose the problem. After the complete bodge job done by Rightio, I then rang a local plumber to carry out the work, and not only was the price cheaper (and that included the part and VAT) but he actually looked for the fault and didn't just guess and correctly fixed it.
So, please everyone, go local and give Rightio a wide berth and for all those that have had a wrongly diagnosed problem, go for a charge back through your credit card provider. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain
If you have used Rightio and had to get another company to fix please read.
December 21st, 2019
• Previous review
If anyone have had to get another company out to fix or diagnose a problem that was not correctly done by Rightio, then please contact your bank and try and get a charge-back if you have paid on credit card. Please get written documentation from the professional company and this will help in attempting to get your money back.

EVERYONE ELSE who are thinking about using these cowboys, charlatans, rip-off merchants, bodge job, good for nothing outfit, THEN DO NOT. You will be ripped off and left so out of pocket. Use a local company instead as they will be quicker, more efficient, nicer and the main thing, give you value for money.

Use Rightio at your own peril
amandal544
February 20th, 2020
Boiler error code indicated the problem, so phoned Rightio as it looked as though it was local to us. Told them the fault and they agreed to send out an engineer, who did turn up. He spent less than an hour 'diagnosing' the fault (which we had already told him anyway), he then spent several minutes talking to someone on the phone asking advice, but then had to borrow our phone because he had run out of credit! He advised us that we would get a call the next day telling us the cost of the replacement part, so we decided to investigate ourselves to get a rough idea beforehand. Lucky we did because the price they quoted the next day was double! We told them that we would not go ahead with the repair. They then refused to send us an invoice by post for payment by cheque, and insisted we pay immediately for the 'diagnostics' over the phone - we had no alternative but to pay the £130 they were demanding as they otherwise said the charge would go up! This company are very intimidating when you start asking questions, and we would agree with previous reviewers that it all seems a scam to get your money. The engineer didn't seem to know what he was doing, was extremely uncommunicative and gave us the impression that he knew the cost of the part would be inflated. We would even go as far as to say he was shifty and had an air of guilt around him - conscience perhaps? We have now contacted a local plumber (which is what we had THOUGHT we were doing with Rightio) and we will be reporting them to Trading Standards. Stay away from them.
carlai25
August 27th, 2020
Awful company, do not use! I called Rightio to put a new outside tap on for me, the operator told me it was £139 and there were no hidden cost, this was a lie. The engineer arrived and put the tap on for me, and put some copper pipe in also as he didn't like to use hose pipe. He was there for 42 minutes, he charged me £139, £15 for materials and £30 vat so a total of £184! For an outside tap. 6 days later the tap falls off! I called them and they sent an engineer out the next day to look at it, every operator that I spoke to informed me it was a none chargeable job. The engineer came out and said it was odd that the tap looked like it had been snapped off, I said it was odd to as my gate is always locked so not sure how it happened but as I was under a years warranty it should ok as the tap may have been faulty. A couple of days later another engineer was scheduled to attend and put a new tap on the wall, I then get a call from an operator informing me the engineer was on his way and they wouldn't charge me for the labour but to put a new tap on it would be £40 plus £8 vat! I was furious, I told they not to bother coming as that would take the total charge up to £234 which I was not paying. I have put a complaint in and nobody has even bothered to contact me, I've send 5 emails now. DO NOT USE THE COMPANY!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?