Review of Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0800 331 7070

jamesb673
4/14/18

If you want good service at a fair price, it's all about finding companies you can trust. Rightio fails that test abysmally.

We called Rightio for a trivially simple job, disconnecting an old radiator we wanted to get rid of: they said it would take less than an hour and cost £139. The plumber they sent didn't know a thing! He wasted a full hour figuring out how to shut the water off (waving off our attempts to just tell him), then spent all of 15 minutes removing the radiator and capping the pipes, then wasted another hour struggling to re-pressure the boiler, even though, and I quote "I've never seen one like this, I don't know how it works." We've re-pressured it before, we tried to tell him he was doing it wrong, but he got stubborn and abusive. He never did get it to work either, we just managed to get him out of the room.

As a result, they tried to charge us for THREE HOURS, £450. I tried to dispute it, but they have a great scheme: they insist on clearing the bill right there as the plumber got ever more agitated: raising his voice at us, shouting at the phone as we spoke to Rightio, even knocked over the coffee we made him splashing the whole wall. We were happy to settle at £350 to get him out of the house.

In summary, if you like watching a 15 minute job spun into a 3 hour one, paying 3 times as much for half the job, and having in the end to do half the work yourself, by all means go with Rightio!

patricias264
4/7/18

I have just paid over £600 and my unvented cylinder is still leaking. Useless untrained in this field engineer is apparently the only one in Norwich area. I am disgusted!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company especially in Norwich area They are just cowboys

janef77
3/8/18

Terrible service.
Impossible to get through . Keep you waiting for ever. Didnt turn up to do job and not the courtesy of a call. Re-booked but they didnt turn up. Awful service. Beware.

suep94
2/12/18

Requested a heating engineer as our boiler keeps cutting out. They sent us a cowboy, who said our pump needed replacing, then backed down when challenged. Did nothing to solve our problem. Charged £142.80 for nothing. Couldnt get them out of the house fast enough.

rashae2
1/24/18

I would avoid this company as they are overpriced and not especially efficient. I had an electrical job that involved replacing the fusebox as a fuse kept tripping. The initial call out was dealt with fairly quickly (i.e. an electrician came out the next day) and but the charge was a whopping £124, and this was after a weird 'negotiation' with them (I think their charges are based on how busy they are - this was a 'not busy' call out charge).

After this initial 'appraisal' by an electrician, the job to supply and fit a new fusebox needed a further £700-800 (final cost would depend on how long it would take, as they quote per half hour).

From initial appraisal to pricing for the new fusebox and quoting for the job to fit the fusebox, it took 3 and a half weeks, one 'lost' (defected) engineer and about 6 slightly frustrating phone calls. Not what I would describe as high-end efficiency.

This - to supply and fit a fusebox. I'm afraid I did not, and could not, justify the expense and did not go ahead with it. I went to another company and got the job re-appraised all over again and actually done - all in under a week - for £480 all in. This was in the autumn of 2017; I have all the required certification and have not had any problems since.

The only good thing about this company is the politeness of the people who answer your calls. They are all sweetness and courtesy, and the one star here is all theirs.

My advice would be to shop around if you can. Even if you are desperate, I wouldn't go with anyone charging a call out over a hundred pounds - doesn't bode well...

alim128
1/17/18

Please keep away from them. They are very unprofessional, very poor customer service. Total waste of time.

dana1178
1/3/18

Have charged a pensioner over £500 damaged the hot water cylinder causing a leak and leaving a family without hot water and heat over Christmas. Despite promises nobody has tried to sort this out or responded to us. Repairs have now cost another £1300! Dont use them in the Cv 13 area ! Im sure they have some decent staff in places but its too hit and miss.

jaynem19
12/4/17

Do not use this company at any price prey on the vulnerable and remove any negative reviews from their web site and facebook page

darrelw11
11/30/17

Never employ these people at any cost , bare wires in my home that has led to injury , they have not offered to make the situation good at all and just avoid conversation
but rest assured i have been charged for my injury !!
Rip off

andyf44
11/24/17

I pay for this service, but it s truly terrible and they have one more chance before i find somebody else. Twice they have cancelled on me on short notice , even after i ad to chase them for a boiler service. They also challenged my need for a radiator service which i expressly went through with them and paid extra for. Today i booked the afternoon off work to sit here and wait...and as if by magic just got a call to say they can't make it and were very rude on the cal as if it was my fault...... do not sign up with this company unless you want grief!

jimd169
11/15/17

Do not use this company, they give you a time and when no one turns up you ring hem again and are given another time slot which they do not keep, this happen to celebrate he first day then four times on the next day, one arrived at 19.00 on the 3rd day he had the part in his van n day two.
The company took payment straight out of my bank on the first day then another large one on the day the engineer finished,
Altogether I think a total off £350.00 for a fan which we told him was wrong is a rip off.
Never will I or my family friends and neighbors will ever use again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

keitht53
11/8/17

Feel bad giving this company any rating. They are without doubt the worst company I have had the displeasure of using. Missed appointments, shoddy workmanship (Plumber broke another part of the boiler that led to more delays) applalling customer service section, only interested in getting your money. After over 2 weeks of trying to get them to fix the boiler to no avail in the end I called a local Plumber who fixed the problem in 2 hours. After all this Rightio still wanted to charge me..... incredible! Mentioned to them how they had been guilty of not filling out their obligations under the Consumer Services Act....that worked!.....so suggest others do likewise with issues with this company. They are a prime candidate for a TV slot on Watchdog.

chrish357
11/6/17

our tenant had two issues a blocked sink and a shower that didn't work. Called rightio on a thursday. They told the tenant they would be round on Monday! he (rightly) called me so I went round and unblocked the sink myself at the weekend. The rightio guy turned up on monday, didn't fix the shower because he said it was an electrical issue and tried to charge me 154 pound for unblocking the sink that I had done myself! dishonesty at it's worst - beware!

alistairw4
10/23/17

I was told a plumber would be round between 9 & 1pm on Saturday and I would be given a call 2 hours before arrival. At 11am I had not been called. I called and was told 1pm. I called at 1pm and told 1:30pm. I called at 1:30pm and then told 90 more mins until the plumber would arrive. When asked if I would receive any discount they said no, I asked again and they said theyd give £5 discount. I decided at this point to cancel. I then received a call at 3:30 telling me hed be there at 5pm. I confirmed again I wanted to cancel. If I hadnt cancelled I would still be waiting and charged. Dont use them they couldnt care less about the problem you have. If I could rate lower than 1 I would. My Saturday was wasted and had to go find another plumber.

neilk39
10/21/17

absolutely shocking service. my wife rang to ask about moving some radiators. she was told by the adviser on the phone it would take an 1 and a half hours at the most.
she booked it for the Tuesday between 8am-1pm and took a days annual leave. she received a phone call at 12pm on the Tuesday to say the plumber couldn't get there till 4pm. on arrival he had been told it was a boiler problem, which was a lie. he said he couldn't do the job that day and would have to come back tomorrow.
he then took 5 and a half hours on the Wednesday to complete a job that we were told would take no longer than one and half hours and we now have a bill for $600. i was told that he spent a long time whilst there on his phone which added the the job that I've now got to pay for.
utterly shocking company and a complete rip off.

tomj145
10/12/17

Had them round to fix a leaky overflow on a toilet in our basement at work. About 2 hours after the technician left we were scooping water by the bucket out of our basement, a basement containing vast amounts of expensive electrical equipment. Genius.
They had installed a new cistern innards, by no request and actually had disregarded the fault that I'd explained to them prior. What would I know, I'm only the customer, right?
Finally, they've this moment sent out a technician to do the very basic job I asked him to do. Congratulations, Rightio. I thought I'd seen the extend of stupidity whilst working as a bathroom fitter for the last 3 years but no, I can officially say Ive found someone less capable than a trained monkey. Well done for doing the job this time, only 2nd time lucky too.
Pitiful display of workmanship, poor attitude to customer care and all in all a pretty embarrassing performance on behalf of the incoherent, bungling plumber. Lets just say we wont be using this company for any future contracts.

pc102
10/5/17

This company did not deliver on any of the promises made - did not attend before 1030, did not call me back once when they said they would, did not provided the promised engineer. Found out that this is because they want so much profit from a call out that the engineer was not willing to take such a low payment for my job. I needed a new thermostat for the emersion heater and a new tank in the loft, after they both blew in the middle of the night! They even took my money after a 5 min visit from the initial engineer, and then said I would have to write to them to get a refund - for doing nothing!

mn79
10/1/17

Had a faulty boiler. Rightio sent and engineer who looked at it for over an hour, said this was a faulty installation and that the control panel had to be replaced, charged 150 Pounds just for the assessment, and quoted another couple of hundred for fixing it. I called a second company, their engineer came and fixed it in an hour at a fraction of that cost.

jamieb103
9/27/17

Our toilet cistern broke and we woke to a partly flood bathroom. We looked in Yellow Pages having tried to contact local plumbers and found Rightio. A telephone call resulted in a costing for the work and a visit from a plumber. We had turned off the water supply. Plumber arrived, photographed the cracked cistern and advised us that he hoped to get a replacement on Monday. True to his word he arrived with a new cistern and toilet in case it was necessary (it wasn't) and fitted it with the minimum amount of fuss. Payment was made by credit card over the 'phone and the cost (£139) was paid as per the quotation. I had contacted our insurance company and they could not help, so thank you Rightio!
Excellent service!

krisw29
9/25/17

I had lost a lot of water through three leaking toilet cisterns and was given Rightio's number by the water board.

I described the problem over the phone and was given an immediate quote and the work would be guaranteed for one year. So I accepted.

On the morning of the appointment I had a call from them to let me know the plumber was on the way.

He arrived with everything he needed to completely replace the damaged and now obsolete units in the cistern. He carried out the work in a very efficient manner and explained to me what was required. He cleared up behind him and took away the old useless parts. I am very pleased with the result. I have signed up to their monthly scheme just in case I ever have any other plumbing issues, thank you so much!

mro13
9/19/17

Good response to initial call from pleasant helpful operator who booked appointment for a plumber to attend the same day. The plumber arrived a bit earlier than expected which was good. He (Euclid) was very polite and cheerful and was methodical and efficient with carrying out the repair to the leak to the toilet cistern. Job was completed within an hour and left clean & tidy.

jonathand61
9/16/17

Had a small leak under the sink. Called Rigjtio plumbers in Cardiff. Guy came over but he was in a terrible hurry, constantly checking his phone because his next job had been sent through. (They get about 20 mins schedule for each job).

Anyway he changed a part which then resulted in water flowing into the washing machine instead of out the drain. The pipes were the wrong height. He came back a few times, did little tweaks, but could not fix issue. In the end the dude told me that I needed to lower the outside pipe to stop the problem and that it would cost an extra £100, this was on top of the £100 I had already paid them.

I ended up having a big argument with the guy on the phone early one morning and told him I never wanted to have anything more to do with him or his company. They are very rushed, incompetent, and they try to steal extra money from you by doing jobs badly. I had a very disappointing experience.

Avoid them like the plague.

clareb43
9/15/17

Absolutely disgusting. Dishonest people. Said it would cost £500 - £700 then got a second quote and they fixed problem for £40. Stay away.

cathyr50
9/14/17

I had an emergency with my only loo which was blocked. I reluctantly booked this company after a lengthy phonecall, during which to reduce the cost slightly (to £84 plus VAT for half hour) to unblock my loo I signed up to their monthly care plan. During this initial call I was told on the phone that should the plumber they book for me not be able to unblock the loo within the half hour, he'd use a jet to complete the job. The plumber who turned up was unable to unblock the loo within the half hour, (which is fine, as the block was round a difficult to reach bend). He then said he hadn't been told it was an emergency and didn't have a jet. He spent a lot of time blaming the company and complaining, which is the last thing I needed at that time. I had to wait until the next day, until another man eventually turned up to complete the job. I was eventually charged £200 for the two half hours, despite the fact that I'd signed up for the care plan, plus £35 for the jet materials and VAT. At £244 for an hour's work over 24 hours for an emergency loo-unblocking, with a plumber with an attitude I consider I was grossly overcharged. This company should not be claiming there is no call out fee, if they are charging £200 per hour. I will not be taking up their so called care plan. Companies like this should treat their customers with more transparency and respect. They should communicate much better with the plumbers they employ, who in turn, should not complain and expect sympathy for customers who are being overcharged in such difficult situations. As a lone woman, this experience was particularly stressful and not one I want to repeat in a hurry.

amandat101
9/8/17

Rightio sent a barely qualified plumber to fix a leak under the bath. His presence unnerved the supervising female,and the work failed to stop,the leak which had to fixed by another local plumber the following day.

HOWEVER... despite photos and evidence 10 days later I am still waiting for a refund.

Questions? Get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

Rightio.co.uk?