Rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk

rightio.co.uk

Rightio.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.61 stars from 199 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Rightio.co.uk also ranks 20th among Plumbing sites. The most common issues with Rightio.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• excellent service and I will recommend to anyone with plumbing or boiler problems.
  • Sure enough, 10 / 15 minutes later, told the plumber would be with me within the next 30 minutes.

• They are very unprofessional, very poor customer service.
  • I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe.
How would you rate Rightio.co.uk?

“Very pleased engineer turned up in time slot very polite done a good job”

Aura P.
12/19/19

We were absolutely satisfied with the service you provided, especially since we had been let down badly twice by another company. full marks also to Phil the engineer who performed so well and did his job so efficiently. many thanks to you all.mr and Mrs guy

“Scam scam scam.”

Jonathan W.
1/7/20

Combined two plumbing jobs to warrant the call out, providing all the detail requested. The plumber turned up eventually having overrun a previous job, tightened a nut to stop a very minor drip and totally ignored the main job saying it was too difficult and he didn't have time. He then marked the job as complete and charged over £140 for the privilege. My husband complained straight away and we are still waiting for anyone in the customers service team to contact us back ...... almost 2 months ago. Avoid at all costs.

customer service (21) company (72) engineer (67) 2 hours (13) card details (11) plumber (76) job (68) day (56) excellent service (5) work (73) 5 minutes (9) half hour (5)
jonathanw252
January 7th, 2020
lisan89
January 9th, 2020
I chose Rightio before Christmas because I wanted the reassurances a large firm give. A great start on the 23rd with a diagnosis and plan. Its now the 10th and after paying £160 still nothing! I have called 4 times this week alone - I keep being promised a call back - never materialises - still no plan of action as to when and what will be happening - and no refund so I can get another plumber - I am left with an elderly mother and no shower. So upsetting
aurap
December 19th, 2019
janeb564
January 6th, 2020
I bought a house less than 2 weeks prior the sellers had this company it to service boiler moving date no boiler umpteen repairs needed our plumber showed us dirt in it that should have been done in the prior service completed by RIGHTIO rang them to see if the engineer had given any indication to the sellers found them RUDE WITH ATTITUDE would never use a company like this
yang11
January 22nd, 2020
I don't even want to give one star to this company! Terrible experience, Before they arrange someone visit my flat, the call operator told me they won't charge money until they completed the job and fixed the problems. the engineer came one hour late, I explained to him all the problems this flat have, and told him the fuse box keep tripping, no hot water, flat is supplied by electricity only. He took 45 mins to diagnosed the problems, and he don't even find out the real problems. Lied to me that he will need to replaced the immersion thermostat on my brand new cylinder, He can't do it today as he have to order it and came back on Thursday. I told him to call me back of the price before he ordering, then he ask me to sign on his tablet as his proof to come, after he is leaving, I phoned up my plumber who installed the Brand new cylinder, he told me I must been lied by the engineer, as it's a brand new cylinder the elements shouldn't break such quick. He had a quick check on the second morning, he told me as the cylinder has two immersion thermostat on my cylinder tank, I can't leave two immersion thermostat on at the same time, he switch one off, leave one on, my fuse box became working normall, and I have hot water straight away. my problems has been sorted out in 5mins, I made a call to rightio and stop them to do any further job, but finally they charged me 142.80 for just checking, which the engineer didn't find out the real problems at the end of the day. When I request a refund, They said it's the labor cost, what! £142.80 for doing nothing in my flat! and lied to me I have to replace the parts! Never use this company!
dh486
January 16th, 2020
Do not use, absolutely terrible, I'm now on no show number 8, yes 8 for their plumber, on the 5 times he has actually turned up to fix the shower, he's diagnosed the wrong issue twice, lost the required part, had to call the supplier to get help. Still not fixed 4 months later.
Absolute cowboys!
ak151
December 31st, 2019
Zero Stars to Righio! I will never use them if they are the last company in the universe. They claim not to have a call out fee but charged us after visiting for 2 minutes and not solving the problem they were called out for. They claimed they are charging for diagnosis and took us to court when we refused to pay. We told them what the problem was before they visited. What did they diagnose? Nothing! AVOID! Avoid! AVOID! Use their service at your peril!!!
sn102
May 25th, 2020
My wife phoned for just a quote, but they said they couldn't quote until a booking for a visit was made. Then they sidetrack you to something else, then they say their engineer doesn't have a card reader so you need to give a credit card number. They say they wont charge you, its just to secure the booking. Ergo if you want quote you must give a credit card number. Once they have that beware they will fleece you....
williamm1642
March 20th, 2020
I booked a plumber to come round and access the leak i had coming from my waste pipe. He took one look at it and told me to "bodge" it with some sealant - I was charge £112.
brianl701
February 11th, 2020
Two 90 year old blue badge holders friday find kitchen flooded, boiler leaking
Contacted local number 1143hours
Told 1-2 hours engineer will phone when on route
1645 contacted company told , "unable to attend today, not till monday, suggest local plumber as they are a Birmingham company
Agree said would phone back of unable to find one
1650 contacted local plumber, will call in to sort
1705 left parents house to go home, had to get neighbour to move their car
1715 parents phone saying engineer phoned on route about ten minutes
1735 parents call say engineer arrived can do nothing till Monday need to order parts.
1800 parents phone saying second engineer arrived and gone away, evidently first one was from RIGHTIO
Monday morning parents phone number left by first eng
Told engineer off sick and had not ordered parts, need another to attend later that day for rediagnosis, probably next week before repair
Told no attendance required, told will be billed £202:80 for previous call out
Contacted my engineer
Engineer arrived told story, contacted Worcester who came that day and sorted under guarantee, no charge from either.
Tuesday invoice from RIGHTIO £202:80
Wednesday demand letter from RIGHTIO to be paid by thursday or court action
They deny the 1745 phone call,seems to be lost from recording system, state engineer was there at 1631 until 1639.
Consequently told must pay now officially sent to debt collectors.
Every phone call stonewalled just repeated the it was resolved now with debt collection
Refuse to check engineer phone log to assert time or to look for my phone call which they deny happened.
They are Rob dogs, the attendance was cancelled.
Customer service not willing to listen just keep repeating that we must pay. Threatened bayliffs.
markj687
May 11th, 2020
• Updated review
After Rightio carried out work on a wrongly diagnosed boiler problem, I went through the complaints procedure and got nowhere (as they will always say that their engineers have carried out their work correctly) so I then went through my credit card provider and have now successfully managed to get a charge back, as it was proved that Rightio failed to correctly diagnose the problem. After the complete bodge job done by Rightio, I then rang a local plumber to carry out the work, and not only was the price cheaper (and that included the part and VAT) but he actually looked for the fault and didn't just guess and correctly fixed it.
So, please everyone, go local and give Rightio a wide berth and for all those that have had a wrongly diagnosed problem, go for a charge back through your credit card provider. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain
If you have used Rightio and had to get another company to fix please read.
December 21st, 2019
• Previous review
If anyone have had to get another company out to fix or diagnose a problem that was not correctly done by Rightio, then please contact your bank and try and get a charge-back if you have paid on credit card. Please get written documentation from the professional company and this will help in attempting to get your money back.

EVERYONE ELSE who are thinking about using these cowboys, charlatans, rip-off merchants, bodge job, good for nothing outfit, THEN DO NOT. You will be ripped off and left so out of pocket. Use a local company instead as they will be quicker, more efficient, nicer and the main thing, give you value for money.

Use Rightio at your own peril
amandal544
February 20th, 2020
Boiler error code indicated the problem, so phoned Rightio as it looked as though it was local to us. Told them the fault and they agreed to send out an engineer, who did turn up. He spent less than an hour 'diagnosing' the fault (which we had already told him anyway), he then spent several minutes talking to someone on the phone asking advice, but then had to borrow our phone because he had run out of credit! He advised us that we would get a call the next day telling us the cost of the replacement part, so we decided to investigate ourselves to get a rough idea beforehand. Lucky we did because the price they quoted the next day was double!! We told them that we would not go ahead with the repair. They then refused to send us an invoice by post for payment by cheque, and insisted we pay immediately for the 'diagnostics' over the phone - we had no alternative but to pay the £130 they were demanding as they otherwise said the charge would go up! This company are very intimidating when you start asking questions, and we would agree with previous reviewers that it all seems a scam to get your money. The engineer didn't seem to know what he was doing, was extremely uncommunicative and gave us the impression that he knew the cost of the part would be inflated. We would even go as far as to say he was shifty and had an air of guilt around him - conscience perhaps? We have now contacted a local plumber (which is what we had THOUGHT we were doing with Rightio) and we will be reporting them to Trading Standards. Stay away from them.
antonya16
April 10th, 2020
RIP Off rightio
RIP Off rightio

Absolutely devastated as I worked for rip off Rightio what a absurd company I have been left with no wages for 2 months with 3 children and a single parent promised me day after to no avail I feel so low I can't take anymore seriously don't like speaking out but I am devastated and hungry with 3 children to feed I begged for my wages and I was told tomorrow but it never came gutted as they take payments of there customers instantly but they shaft there own pls don't use as they are ripping everyone inside out spread the word rip off Rightio thanks tony
nathanm249
April 10th, 2020
Right, where to start... Had an engineer out 02/04/20. Job Ref: 6515317. Arrived within a couple of hours of phoning. Job was a 'trace and detect' and I was assured on the phone I wouldn't be paying for a call-out fee. The engineer assessed the leak to be coming from what he thought was a locked up property. I was advised to gain access by calling the police if I had to, so that this could be confirmed and worked on. He took payment of around 140.00, which I didn't have an issue with as he was due back the next day potentially. However, not long after he had left I gained access through a neighbour and it turned out to be nothing more than a drying room. I then called Rightio to make them aware. I was told I would receive a call back the next day and would likely have the same engineer come out to confirm - neither of these things happened. Next ensued days of me having to chasing up the issue myself just to get someone to speak to. Nothing was organised until 09/04/20 (a full week later), when I received a phone call. The guy was talking over me and had clearly made his mind up that it was MY mistake, suggesting the pipe would be under the floor, in the drying room. I was actually trying to explain that the floor might well be concrete, which it is. Engineer arrives today (10/04/20), over 3 hours late. Again, I'm doing all the calling, no one keeping me in the loop whatsoever. Engineer takes about 5mins to decide he has made a mistake. No apology, little guidance when asked on what I can claim back, just that he will put his report in. Oh and that I would still pay for the hour from original call-out, seemingly for nothing. I try to phone Rightio immediately after he has left and can't get through until I hide my caller ID. And I'm now currently on hold, as I have been for the best part of 1 hour. I have looked into who they are registered with and will be contacting them next, regardless of whether or not I receive a full refund. Worst company I have ever dealt with by some way. DO NOT USE.
deans204
December 18th, 2019
I have just seen that my credit card has been charged for £1048!!!!! for a valve change to my boiler. The engineer arrived at 15:15pm, apparently diagnosed the issue, and then left the premises for an hour and a half to find parts. He returned, fitted the part and departed at 7pm. Not breakdown of any charges, no bill, no invoice. Just a credit card transaction of £1048, for not even 4 hours work, to fit one valve!! Absolute disgusting rip off. Don't go anywhere near this company!!
paulas302
January 17th, 2020
Emergency gas call out for suspected minor gas leak in cooker. Gave call centre details, grew impatient at hard sales tactic for unrelated protection plan. Was told 80% jobs resolved in one hour and told £138 +vat for hour. Engineer arrived within 45mins which started ok. Job required basic gas checks and tightness check of pipework. Started getting suspicious after 20 mins as Engineer wasnt really doing very much. Testing took approx 15mins. He wasted a lot of time repeating himself telling us technical details without us asking. Tried not engaging in unnecessary conversation but he proceeded to tell tales of other jobs. We tried all attempts to get him to concentrate on the job at hand. He eventually told us no leak detected, repeated what he said previously. Took photos. Went to his van a few times then had the audacity to say he was 9mins over the initial hour and the total charge was £336! Seriously £336 for no work other than a basic gas check of meter and cooker pipe work! He knew he had been stalling. He knew the company charge excessive fees beyond an hour but wasted our time regardless. They take your card details when booking so you get charged straight away with little opportunity for recourse when you realise you've been overcharged.
Honestly I'm so outraged I plead others to take note and avoid at all costs! Save your hard earned money and get a locally qualified recommend tradesperson dont take the risk you'll only feel ripped off. The number of terrible complications says it all.
RIGHTIO ARE THIEVING COWBOYS!!
christinep318
December 18th, 2019
Scam artists - avoid. I booked them to service a gas fire for my parents, who are nearly 90, in Scotland. Rightio quoted £139 + VAT for an hour's visit, which was more than my parents had ever paid. The service never takes long, certainly not a full hour. In the event, I was charged £333. When I challenged this, they said that the visit had taken 1hr 9 mins, which was 3 mins more than their 'buffer' time. It seemed to me that the visit had been conveniently stretched into a second hour for which they could charge another £139 + VAT. Worse, according to my mother she was contacted to say that the engineer had arrived but could not gain admittance to their house. They went out to the road and could see no-one - he turned up ten minutes later. So the engineer started the clock before he was anywhere near the premises. It was a scam, presumably perpetrated against many customers to lucrative effect. Rightio Customer Services were hard as nails and clearly used to being challenged. I have never complained about a company before, but will never use this company again and feel that others should be warned.
martinc89
January 29th, 2017
Dreadful people of no use to anyone. Brought me over to the Isle of Wight at great expense to meet a plumber. He didn't turn up and they said he was the only engineer. Refused help to me to find somebody else - said this was against their policy. I asked if I could speak to their managing director. I was told that this is a waste of time because he will not talk to anyone because this is against their policy.
markb1949
April 24th, 2020
Got this company out to my boiler as it was losing pressure. They said it was my pressure gauge that was at fault. They charged me twice firstly for the call out and then for fitting the part.one day later and I still had the same problem losing pressure. They sent another engineer out who said that wasn't the reason why my boiler was losing pressure and when away. I was told a rightio advisor would contact me but didn't. A rang them up and they said I need to pay another £254 to get the parts. I told them I don't believe that these parts need buying. They then said they would send another of there engineers out. He came and got my son to sign for the job. Basically told me the same again and charged me another £139 pounds out of my bank. Didn't do the job and left. I complained again to the office who kept me on the phone for over 1 hour. I was told they would send another engineer out which I met at the house as we have moved out of because of no hot water. He came told me to sign again which I said what am I signing for and told him what happened the last time my son signed that money came out of my bank and he walked out. He then told his company I refused to sign. I asked him what I am signing for he wouldn't answer. And walked out. I am now taking this company to court. So if you have any plumbing problems Don't Use This Company the rip you off
annabels6
March 15th, 2020
They said they would be out within 2 hours to fix a leak, 24 hours later they turned up! Two weeks later the leak has come back and we have got to pay again for someone to actually fix it
dominich28
February 17th, 2019
You engineer, Mr N Davey-Lee, was excellent. He was very friendly, clearly knew exactly what he was doing and, went to the trouble of teaching me thing or two about heating systems. When it's time to have my boiler serviced again, in a year from now, I will ask you, RIGHTIO, to come and do it........even request that Mr. N Davey-Lee himself come and do it.Thank you.......yours faithfully, Dominic Hopkins.
grahamg47
February 20th, 2019
Verified purchase
Quick call out response, and friendly plumber who cleaned up after himself and seems to have done a good job.The only possible negative aspect is the labour charge which seems a lot to me, but admittedly, I don't know general cost that other companies charge. Glad to have got the job done anyway.Thank you.
stever448
September 9th, 2019
Booked to re-pressure my boiler, it took less than a minute, but the plumber deliberately pulled out a pipe and created more work to take him into the 2nd hour if charge. I refused to let him go into his second hour, he condemned my boiler because of the damage he had caused and turned everything off. To top it off, he didn't even clean up after him, leaving me without a boiler, damaged paintwork and a pile of mess, with £153 in his pocket. You have been warned, do not use this company, they will rip you off.
alanl200
October 29th, 2019
Verified purchase
The engineer took time to explain as he worked what was required to get my boiler going, which he did effectively and tested before completing. Thank you.
heathers601
November 29th, 2019
Failed to make a next day appointment leaving me with no heating or hot water and having taken a morning off work

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

We look after your home or business plumbing, heating, drainage, electrics and locks. For peace of mind, call Rightio today for a fast response.

christopherc121
Customer S.
Owner / Executive

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rightio.co.uk?

Have a question about Rightio.co.uk?