Review of Rightio.co.uk

Tel: 0800 331 7070
privacy@rightio.co.uk

janeti17
10/4/18

We're going to charge us £160 for a job. We got the part for £16. And it took 5 mins to do. Total rip off. We cancelled. Give them a miss.

elisabettas1
10/3/18

I called Rightio because I needed a plumber to repair a shower. The plumber came and changed the cartridge. I thought the problem was resolved, but it wasn't. I called again Rightio. They arranged an appointment with another plumber, who did not turn up. They booked another appointment and again he did not turn up. He came the third time and told me that he had to change the whole piece of the shower, he took a deposit to order the piece and left. They booked another appointment, he did not turn up, he did not call to advise that he was not coming, nobody from the office called. I tried several times to call the office, but there was only the answering machine. What a waste of my time and what a waste of money!

unhappyc159
9/26/18

I booked an engineer for servicing our boiler, I received 3 calls on the day explaining the engineer was delayed, they kept changing the time he would arrive. Finally I received a call at the end of the day telling me it was too late for the day booked, and was offered a slot between 8:00am and 12:00 in two days.

I received a call at 7:45 am telling me the engineer would be with me between 8:00am and 8:30am. At 9:30am I called to cancel, and told engineer was going to me with me soon.

Still cancelled, lost 1 1/2 days waiting around for a mythical engineer, this company should be paying for my time! Not the other way around. Don't waste your time with them.

wh35
9/25/18

When you need a plumbing job done quickly you're prepared to pay more so that the problem is solved. However, these people want to charge over the odds, not show up when they say they will and make claims about what they can do that are clearly untrue. We needed our shower fixed (they claim to be 'shower specialists'), but the person who came was incompetent and recommended that we have a complete replacement shower (£500+) when what was needed was a new cartridge (£50). Customer services do not respond and they refuse to return money paid for work that wasn't done. Do NOT use this company.

danielh397
9/16/18

The plumber sent out to fix our toilet lied about what he was fixing, and subsequently left without testing everything was alright. If this wasn't bad enough they then charged me twice!! Sneaky and corrupt practices.... pls pls stay as fair away as you can

danielap15
9/13/18

Please stay away! They take advantage of the fact that you're facing an emergency!
They promised to visit the same day, they didn't. Had to chase them and they eventually showed up the following day, but forgot a form they needed so had to come back the day after.
They broke the tiles to find the leak, but did not find it nor fix anything and charged me £523 for a job that was never completed. Had to call another plumber who was able to fix it in an hour and confirmed that there was absolutely no need to damage my tiles to find the leak
I complained and had to chase them for 3 months for a reply, they kept ignoring until finally they came back saying they will not refund a penny. This is despite me submitting all relevant documentation to support my claim including an official report from the second plumber.

natalieh95
9/8/18

I have had an awful experience with Rightio. The technician was late (as per his call he was 1.5 hours late) but that is standard so wouldn't have warranted a complaint. However their technician was appalling, inept and did not check the boiler was working prior to leaving - which it was not.

I then had a helpful customer service assistant who arranged for the technician to come out to check if the boiler failure was due to his input.

After taking time off work the technician never turned up and after calling and being told repeatedly he was on his way within 10-15 minutes I was eventually told on my final of many calls that he wasn't coming (6 hours later). Customer service was appalling and there were absolutely no apologies or explanation for the non appearance.

The appointment was rebooked for the next day. I received a call mid morning (2 hours into his appointment allocation) to say that the technician felt the issue couldn't be down to him and he would charge a call out fee.

I queried this with customer services and the service was again appalling to the point that when I complained they hung up the phone on me. I was in no way rude and found this completely unacceptable. I've never experienced poor customer service on this extent prior.

Eventually a different technician attended and fixed the boiler at no charge.

I cannot strongly enough discourage anyone from using this company. A bad technician is one issue but the unprofessional customer service is a stronger reason for giving this company a wide berth.

richardc625
9/8/18

Dont expect quality customer sevice for the high cost, we called with a problem with our boiler, they tried to charge is 2 hours labour at £129 per hous plus inflated parts cost to replace a themostat. 6 weeks on and cant get through to them, dont return calls. be warned these guys are a complete rip off.

simonm143
9/5/18

My 78 year old Mum was charged £109 + vat just to be told the taps on her bath were in the wrong place. She initially called them out due to a dripping shower. They literally gave her a couple of suggestions that may solve the problem, were there for just over 30 minutes and charged her £132.
Avoid this company like the plague.

lorag10
8/18/18

Rightio website advises that response time is within an hour. After 6 hours wait I cancelled as we managed to fix the problem..
Rightio is unreliable and poor at communicating about the delay. Their telephone operators were always polite h nice the one star...

michalj11
8/16/18

1. Hiding vat in quoted prices. When asked for price including vat agent wasn't able to provide answer.
2. Overall quality of the customer service is atrocious. Promised to call with an update on parts - had to call them twice myself to get any information. Seems they can't event get in touch with the engineer to get basic updates! Not to mention being plain rude.
3. Said I will not get charged anything until job is done, yet got my card details over the phone for security (fair enough) and then again charged my Mrs card by engineer! This is the point when I realized this company is half scam half amateur circus.
4. Engineer was a bit of a joke. On the first call he didn't event inspect the boiler properly, decided 2 parts need changing. Yet when it came to replace them he realized that there is a part that needs cleaning. I can bet any money that if he had checked that on the first visit this would have fixed the issue. But hey, they got to charge 2 hours and parts, right?

This is pretty much the summary I've sent them as well.

helend105
8/10/18

My 85 yr old mum phoned for a plumber before noon, site stated plumber will be there before1pm by 5.45 after me phoning chap said sorry won't be able to come out. Site makes you think they are local as you call a local number but they are not. No customer service at all. Ensure you call a local tradesperson and avoid this
lot at all costs. Disgusted.

jackis7
8/6/18

This bunch have just charged my 82 year old mother £154.00 to change a washer on a tap! Disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourselves. I wish there was some sort of body that this kind of total rip off could be reported to. Shame on you.

rossc55
7/9/18

I've been ripped off by Rightio. I was losing water pressure on the property. The guys turned up and said it's a localised problem due to droughts. He said he even questioned it with Rightio before turning up, saying that might be the problem. They sent him anyway. He was here 5mins I paid £112.80.

heatherm327
7/2/18

I made the initial phone call and Rightio insisted on having someone meet them on site despite giving payment details and access instructions and you kept the person waiting on two appointment dates. I even told you how to access the property.
You company deserves to get a large ZERO

I dare say you will need to get all your plumbers and admin writing review for you as that is obviously the way Righio does things. Totally disrespectful of the client / trade contract.

davids1682
6/15/18

Unreliable, expensive and apparently incapable of turning up and fixing a leaking boiler, ive Now lost two and half days holiday waiting for the engineers visit slots only to be cancelled on the day and have now been two weeks without any hot water. Without doubt the worst service from any company ever ive used.

dawnh158
5/31/18

All very straightforward having the boiler fitted today. The fitter worked all day, just got on with the job, was polite, made no mess and left everything tidy and working at the end. Very pleased so far

jennyo26
5/18/18

At my time of need and emergency plumber was able to sort out my dripping tap within one hour, so thank you very much.
Yours
A satisfied customer

mrh50
5/16/18

I was not present but the wife was very pleased with the work that was done and also said the plumber was very pleasant. Good job done, thank you.

bobs465
5/12/18

On the initial appointment Michael explained very clearly what the problem was. On hearing that we were only in the area (visiting our son) for a couple of days, he quickly checked that the parts were available and arranged for the work to be done the following day while we were still around. He arrived at the time expected and worked very cleanly and efficiently all the time explaining to us the work involved so that we understood what was going on. When he'd finished, he cleared up so that there was no tidying up for us to do. A really nice chap who obviously knew exactly what he was doing which gave us complete confidence in him.

mrk44
5/11/18

Fast response to my initial call (the lady I spoke to was REALLY helpful). Being kept informed, initially with broad time frame for arrival and then of imminent arrival is very reassuring. Friendly, knowledgeable chap (Mark) turned up, offered solutions to my problem so I could make an informed choice and then did the job quickly and efficiently (those two words are different). He left me confident that signing up to your plumbing Care Plan was the right thing to do (chatting whilst working to make sure I fully understood what the plan did and didn't cover). Once I've replaced my central heating boiler later in the year, I'll sign up to one of your heating plans too.

mrsf12
5/11/18

Excellent service both from the engineer who came to my house and the customer service team who dealt with the quote and installation details. Great work - well done

simonk56
5/8/18

Totally unreliable. I made an appointment at 7.10am in the morning and was given a slot for 10am to 2pm. They didn't turn up. I phoned at 2.30pm and they said no plumber was available and that they were "due to phone me" to tell me this news. Avoid like the plague.

andyp74
4/26/18

They came out for a free quote. They guessed at 3 hours at £119 per hour because the leak was behind a wall and he couldn't tell without damaging the wall. We left it at that then we get threatening phone call demanding we pay £119 for the quote

jamesb673
4/14/18

If you want good service at a fair price, it's all about finding companies you can trust. Rightio fails that test abysmally.

We called Rightio for a trivially simple job, disconnecting an old radiator we wanted to get rid of: they said it would take less than an hour and cost £139. The plumber they sent didn't know a thing! He wasted a full hour figuring out how to shut the water off (waving off our attempts to just tell him), then spent all of 15 minutes removing the radiator and capping the pipes, then wasted another hour struggling to re-pressure the boiler, even though, and I quote "I've never seen one like this, I don't know how it works." We've re-pressured it before, we tried to tell him he was doing it wrong, but he got stubborn and abusive. He never did get it to work either, we just managed to get him out of the room.

As a result, they tried to charge us for THREE HOURS, £450. I tried to dispute it, but they have a great scheme: they insist on clearing the bill right there as the plumber got ever more agitated: raising his voice at us, shouting at the phone as we spoke to Rightio, even knocked over the coffee we made him splashing the whole wall. We were happy to settle at £350 to get him out of the house.

In summary, if you like watching a 15 minute job spun into a 3 hour one, paying 3 times as much for half the job, and having in the end to do half the work yourself, by all means go with Rightio!

Questions? Get answers from the Rightio.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Rightio.co.uk