Regus

Regus has a consumer rating of 1.26 stars from 39 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Regus also ranks 4th among Coworking Space sites. The most common issues with Regus are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• they will charge you even if you cancel services, nobody provides customer service.
  • 2) Be aware that they charge a "restoration fee" at the end of the lease of $2.50 per square foot of office space.
How would you rate Regus?

“Regus offers flexible, high-quality and relatively...”

Francis R.
5/7/14

Regus offers flexible, high-quality and relatively inexpensive office space in a number of major cities across the world. This can be useful for start ups or larger companies who need flexible office space for traveling or satellite employees.

“Avoid If You Can”

Newton A.
4/22/20

What company doesn't allow for some flexibility under the current COVID-19 situation? Regus is one of them. Our lease renewed automatically on Feb 28. When March came around and we decided to no longer continue with Regus as part of cutbacks, we were told that there is no early termination clauses. That we have no option but to pay basically for an entire full year. We were ready to pay some kind of termination fee, but they are not interested in such discussion. Greed management.

customer service (11) office space (8) credit card (4) 6 months (3) contract (15) company (15)
newtona7
April 22nd, 2020
jasmines120
January 14th, 2020
Money grubbing and impossible to work with. Continued the lease for our closed office which we were told we couldn't cancel. So we have been paying for an office for the last 6 months we're not using! We were told we could transfer it to another town ..... when I placed this request today i was told we couldn't move into our new office until March 1st 2019! Absolutely disgusting and expensive - NEVER AGAIN
deirdrem40
April 2nd, 2020
Words can't express how disappointed I am with being treated like absolute crap by Regus. I can now see how they left the door wide open for WeWork to come into their market (word of warning to any other companies looking to treat their clients badly). I haven't spoken to one former or current Regus customer who was happy. In fact it was the only positive experience whilst using Regus to bond with fellow users over how terribly we were being treated. Bills coming out of nowhere and then completely ignored when you try to query. It's a terrible service. The reception team added additional accounts to my bill, without my consent. I'm assuming this was to try and hit a sales target. They also bribed me with a free meeting room for a day to get a high review. Their culture is completely toxic. I'm can't stress enough to people to avoid at all costs!
austinj52
April 13th, 2020
AWFUL. Signed up for the monthly virtual office space. I only wanted it for a month so I only paid for a month. They keep billing me anyway and now they have sent me to collections to take my money for a service I didn't want, need, or sign up for. How on earth can they call this a monthly service?
stephanier477
March 10th, 2020
Where shall I begin? Hidden fees. Double billing. High staff turnover. Adhesion contracts. Double talk. Desperate for tenants and rents to unsavory tenants. They keep your phone number and won't forward mail when you leave unless you pay them to forward the mail.
nickt181
January 8th, 2020
Regus headquarters (Helpdesk); Regus Seattle Smith Tower, and many more centers are a total scam so please be aware. Do not lease office space from these terrible people. There are many other options out there. Regus has consistently been unprofessional and non-existent in several issues I've had with them the past year and in the past with other centers. My worse experience was with Seattle Smith Tower. You'd never have imagined a business could have been this disorganized, petty and non responsive to customer service or needs. I notice through my email tracking system that they (Regus helpdesk) continually open my emails, some multiple times, without ever responding. I have issues I'm trying to resolve with 2 different offices and they continue to not help. They only care about their sales process of hitting quotas in signing new clients to office space.
anthonyk264
March 30th, 2020
Awful - suggest avoiding at all costs!

The office spaces are small but provide a service. The walls are thin and you can hear people in adjoining offices clearly, this distracts and could cause issues with confidentiality agreements depending on the nature of business. Staff are pleasant but completely ineffective if issues arise and simply lie to you in the hope you will go away!

I moved the business out of these offices in January for the above reasons (giving notice at the end of December as per our contract). It is now the end of March and we are still owed over £400. I have been given multiple excuses and promises, all broken. I am having to take legal action against them to get the money back. PLEASE AVOID!
sarahg541
April 13th, 2020
You will REGRET paying rent and all the additional fees at any location with this company. They contract with buildings they have no control over. We had loud, and major construction for months that disturbed my business. The elevators were broken several times. The bathrooms started being used by other companies and weren't cleaned. They acquired a coffee machine that you have to pay additional fees on. Over all, you pay 100% and more hidden fees but their answer is "I can't answer that," or "we can't do anything about that." Less important is that my neighbor's business had employees that fought so hard in the hallway (in Burr Ridge, nevertheless), that on 2 occasions, my appointments were just ruined. When I shared my concerns, the notorious reply was: "can't do anything about that." Please, rent somewhere else. If I can help one person NOT choose Regus, this review was worth it.
percyn4
May 22nd, 2020
If I could give Regus 0 stars on any review I would. Do NOT make the mistake to hiring this company for your office needs whether you are an individual or another company. They are fraudulent in what they charge and they really do not offer anything special, except maybe a never ending string of weird bills and secret charges that are not disclosed or invented as you go. Even their contract practices are predatory and are geared to take advantage of their customers even if they don't provide a service. I was charged for office space I could not even use due to Stay-At-Home orders during the Covid-19 pandemic. Talk about heartless and predatory! Even after that, I was still getting bills for random charges for things that I did not even consume or use, like coffee and restoration or reconditioning. Mind you that I only used their desk for maybe 2 weeks (if that) before the pandemic hit and I always brought my own coffee and never damaged anything. This place is a danger to your wallet. DO NOT go here for any office needs whether you are a company or an individual.
cesare20
April 2nd, 2020
Avoid any business with Regus - lots of hidden fees, customer service is horrible, they bill for everything without authorization, and last have been fighting for my retainer to be returned for over 30+ days.
eliev3
March 13th, 2020
My office wasn't ready on my move in date. Due to turnover, my reservation got lost. Ok. Not a problem. My office wasn't ready for two weeks. Fine. Not a huge deal. All I asked was that they refund me for the two weeks rent I paid when I couldn't use my office. They said no!!! Again, they would not refund the money I paid for an office they didn't have ready for me. They wouldn't let me out of my contract early, either. So I just bailed. They're currently threatening to send collections after me. True garbage.
alexh444
May 4th, 2020
If I could give this company negative stars I would. Renting two offices from Regus was the worst business decision we ever made. Their attitude towards their customers was disdainful and to the point of corporate bullying in our experience. Their contracts and administration of contracts was unfair - to the point of unlawful, in my opinion. My business was put through hell and back by this company several times and with many examples. Two examples being 1) serious damage to our property (several hundred pounds) due to a burst pipe in the ceiling. Regus said it wasn't their problem'. Our office was unusable, yet they refused to give any other space and continued to charge rent. 2) Property went missing overnight in our office. At first Regus denied it, until we threatened to call the police for theft. At that point a note appeared from their cleaner saying he had accidentally broken the item during cleaning. Again, despite written evidence, Regus pulled the its not our responsibility' card again. We withheld rent until they accepted responsibility (several months.). During this time they changed the locks on our office etc. We again had to threaten legal action and at one point threatened to call the police. I eventually managed to reach a Director in the city of our office. (This is no easy task - Regus customers will be familiar with the fact that no customer facing staff member has any ability to actually provide any customer service at all. Instead all they can do is say call the Account Helpdesk'. Any customer who has done this knows that it takes weeks to get any response, and most responses are brief and show absolutely no understanding of the issue raised, or desire to actually resolve it.) . During a call to the Director, for over an hour I was shouted at, to the point of verging on abuse. The Director did not follow up on the call or reply to further emails. These are only two examples - of which we had well over 15 during our time as a Regus customer, ranging from overcharging rent to serious data protection violations and everything inbetween. On the floor of our office I could not find one other customer in my whole time there who wasn't experiencing problems and wasn't disgusted at the systemic attitude of Regus towards its customers. Everyone I ever spoke to was counting down the time until they could leave for another provider. Nasty company - and it deserves Karma to catch up with it soon. I would thoroughly discourage anyone from going near this organisation, your life will be made hell and your business will be driven into the ground if your experience is anything like mine and all other Regus customers I've ever spoken to. Part of the reason for leaving a review here is that Regus delete all criticism from their social media. In my experience, putting something negative about their company leads to a we're really concerned, please contact us at... email.' Type of meaningless customer service reply. This happened several times during my contract. After emailing the given address each time, no reply would be received, so I'd follow up on their social media again. At this point all previous posts would be deleted and the social media account I was using would be blocked from making further posts. This company has no interest in providing reasonable customer service, and even less interest in changing its approach to customers.
douglasr173
March 9th, 2020
I am currently a tenant in the Mississauga office (my company rents 3 offices)and I do not recommend you rent any office from Regus. The noise from many tenants makes the office unproductive. People talking on speakerphone, on their phones in the hallways, loudly in their office as multiple people are in one office and enforcement of the so called "house rules" never happens or is ignored by the tenants. They claim a professional work environment but it is far from the case. Read the fine print on your lease as well, as once you sign they wont let you terminate. If you must join Regus, go month to month, not a one year lease like I did, Stuck till end of summer. I encourage you to not make the same mistake.
stephaniel470
May 8th, 2020
This company is a scam. You will overpay, you won't be a priority or get your mail unless you check. Please read the fine print in there auto renew contracts. You will lose money going with them. In the end they treat you like garbage. You don't get calls back from any type of management. They won't give you customer satisfaction. They will only get In Contact with you if you owe money. They will not listen to the problem and try and figure out solutions. This is a total rip off. Even if they have other reviews that seem good they probably are fake and a scam. They have enough money to keep fake reviews daily loaded so beware of this company. They are frauds. You better be able to afford a lawyer to contest problems. Use another company for virtual offices. This company is a scam. I repeat don't sign up if you have any sense. Read the negative reviews because they always reveal truth about a company. They don't care about your business. If you are a small business find another company that offers the same services and don't throw contracts in your face. Please read the fine print
joes1281
February 13th, 2020
How is this company still in business with this level of appalling reviews for appalling unprofessional behaviour...
donf292
January 9th, 2020
They nickel and dime you and charge you for services you don't contract. You must have a credit card on file and once you load, have no ability to remove the card. Customer service is horrible. They have no respect for their customers.
bradt79
May 16th, 2020
I can't stress it enough, carefully read your lease contract before signing.
1) Be aware of the true lease term. I signed a 6-month lease at the beginning of the year anticipating 6 months of use. The way Regus currently words their contract is that the lease ends on the last day of the last month. In my situation, I'm paying for an extra month of rent. (For example: my lease started 2/3/2020. I anticipated it ending on 8/3/2020. However, the lease contract is worded to say that the lease ends on the last day of the last month. In my situation that's 8/31/2020. That's effectively a whole month more than I intended / budgeted for.
2) Be aware that they charge a "restoration fee" at the end of the lease of $2.50 per square foot of office space. Make sure your square footage is calculated correctly.
3) Pay careful attention to when you need to give notice that you're vacating / ending the lease. If you don't you risk the lease auto-renewing and being stuck for another lease term.
4) It doesn't surprise me that they're not letting people/businesses out of their contracts due to the stay-at-home orders around COVID-19. They're a business too and don't want to be left holding the bag. They're the 800-pound gorilla in the business relationship and the contract favors them. Even in hindsight, I don't believe they're going to let a small renter modify the contract with addendums that benefit the renter. Sure, there's a clause in the contract about Acts of God / Force Majeure, but it's in there only to protect Regus. It basically states that they have no obligation to you as a renter if they can't provide the services you've contracted with them to provide.
5) Before committing to a particular office, be sure to visit during a busy day and with the offices next to & across from yours occupied. I'm disappointed with the office space I've rented. When there are people in the offices, the walls are thin enough that I can hear their conversations. The office space does not really provide for the level of privacy and quiet that I anticipated for the money I'm paying (close to a $1000/mo). When I brought this to the attention of my site manager I was reminded that I can switch offices (and even sites), but it is necessary to pay the restoration fee for each office move / occupied.

I doubt I would have signed the contract with Regus if I had done more due diligence. Lesson learned.
anonymep
May 21st, 2020
They will try to get you at every corner. This is a money grabbing company with no work ethic. STAY AWAY
okane
February 27th, 2020
DON'T LET REGUS TO TAKE YOUR $2040

I had Virtual office with Regus since 2014 and decided to terminate my contract on February 2020 and i was told i can not terminate it until 03/2021 because contract renewed automatically.

The courtesy reminder e-mail sent by Regus had neither indication saying i can not terminate this contract until May 31 2021 nor the contract was attached. Regus takes advantage of people' busy life and knows people wont be able to give attention this kind of e-mail. (if you consider how many marketing e-mails Regus sends)

Also, my new contract starts in March,2020 and i submitted termination request in February,2020 and i am still not allowed to terminate the contract because it is renewed automatically in November 2019. (3 months before new contract starts)

There is no another explanation, this is stealing money.
joew514
May 19th, 2020
I worked at a dedicated desk at Spaces (Near North Chicago) for about five months, then signed for a private Regus office at 605 N Michigan Ave.

Both buildings were nice changes of pace for me, as a freelance writer who wanted more human interaction. But in that short time, several problems occurred:

- After two months, Troy Trevino (Area Sales Manager Chicago) asked to renew my contract. I felt I had just moved in. It was January. He wanted me to sign for a May renewal, for another 6 to 12 months.

- That renewal had a $50 rent increase. I asked for reasoning. Troy replied, "I can reduce that a bit for you..." It felt like working with a car salesman. No explanation. Only weird, baseless haggling. Regus seems to sneak in rate increases/fees, taking advantage of busy lives.

- In February, I moved offices. I asked Troy Trevino twice if the new $308 rent would increase later. It was comical watching him avoid the question, looking down and mumbling, half shaking his head and walking away. (I'm thinking, okay whatever, I'll decline if they increase it again.)

- Troy Trevino only gave me two pages from the "House Rules." I later found the actual contract is 12 pages.

- Regus charged an unauthorized "restoration services" fee when I moved offices.

- This one's my favorite. Regus has a coffee machine at 605 N Michigan. It costs $30 per month to use. I told Troy and Iwona (the nice receptionist) that I don't drink coffee. Don't charge me, please. Every invoice since then has included that $30 coffee charge. I finally got it removed for one invoice. But guess what? After the Coronavirus hit, the coffee charge was on my invoice again.

Finally, the Coronavirus.

I understand everyone is in the same boat, but Regus failed to address the virus in any civilized, human way. There was no outreach. Instead, Regus opted for silence and to keep locations open. My lawyer said it's because if they close doors they must stop invoicing.

Regus eventually made "offers" after many tenants scolded them online.

I asked for a brief rent pause. This is my biggest expense as a freelancer and Regus can't uphold their part of the contract. Regus replied with this offer: Extend my agreement for three months. In exchange, they'll cut the next two month's fees by 50%. I mulled this over, and came to the conclusion that Regus is, in fact, attempting to profit off a global crisis.

Let's break that down. My rent is about $300 per month. They're saying that if you pay us $900 more in the future, we'll save you $300 now. Even during normal times, that's a horrible deal. That's almost the exact definition of profiteering.

I'll end with advice for other Regus tenants (given by my small business lawyer):

- Block credit cards from Regus.

- Write online reviews to warn future tenants and get Regus' attention.

- Go to the press. I've contacted WGN and the Chicago Trib. Journalists are writing stories about the good/bad companies of the Coronavirus.

- Don't accept an offer that extends your lease.

- Keep an open, communicative mind, even if Regus doesn't.

- DON'T PAY REGUS until they agree to one of YOUR offers.

- It's probably not cost-effective for Regus to sue for non-payment. The lawyer said they'll probably send you to collections. She said you're often better off dealing with collections. It may ding your credit, but that's fixable. Collections agencies negotiate. They may accept a few hundred bucks to settle.

- Document every potential way Regus breached the contract.

Overall, Regus facilities are nice. Unfortunately, Regus seems to embrace an archaic billing system, along with predatory sales practices and minimal customer service.

Pair that with the absentee approach to the Coronavirus and it's clear that I'll never pay for a Regus office again.

Please stay away from Regus. Spend your money designing a beautiful home office or to support a smaller coworking spot. Good luck to all current Regus tenants! My email is mail (at) joewarnimont (dot) com if you'd like to reach out.
nicholasb257
April 10th, 2020
At all costs never ever deal with these people, from permanently incorrect invoices, taking money they aren't owed to crappy buildings it is a scam you will regret
karlav23
April 8th, 2020
DO NOT RENT AT ANY REGUS OFFICE, they have extra fees for everything and NO staff support.

For example coffee per person t's a monthly fee of $40 I believe and it's not optional, they will soon charge coffee for your guest too. Can't use your own wireless printer because they won't allow it to access the network without an extra monthly fee of $35 or so, staff is not allowed to help in anything unless they charge you, for example: I was not in my office and client dropped documents that I need it ASAP- manager said she could scan at an initial fee of X amount plus $1 per page..I would also leave some envelopes for people to pick up, not many .. maybe 5 a month and she told me that they are not allowed to help with that, that I had to be present and give envelope to people in person or she could send into my office so they grab envelopes, but that she would do me the favor and give to my clients ... It is not necessarily the staff but the rules of all Regus office that want to charge for any thing even for basic office things that at WeWork and other offices were included.

They also charge a "RESTORATION FEE" when you move out automatically, $3 per SqFt, even if no repairs are need it. DO NOT RENT AT ANY REGUS
mikea1395
January 24th, 2020
I leased a small office at Regus mid December 2019 for the rate of $520.00/ month. The move in cost was the prorated amount for December or approximately $269.00, plus payment for the next month of January or 808.29, and one month's deposit or retainer of $520 for a total up front cost of $1366.84.

This was quite a number just to move in to a $520.00 office space (10ft x 12ft)

But wait, there's more!

Just 3 weeks later, (remember I have already paid for a month and half) I received another invoice for $1095.35 for February's rent, kitchen amenities for Dec. and ANOTHER $520 RETAINER.

So here I am, I rented an office space for $520/mo and in three weeks time I am billed for $2,462.19.

After multiple requests for clarification, someone finally told me that since I was month to month instead of a long term lease that they required the second month's deposit. This was not brought to my attention when I signed up.

Meanwhile, I had a virtual office in another Regus location where I was being charged roughly $65.00/mo and when I signed up for the physical office I was told that the virtual office contract would be automatically terminated...it wasn't and they continued to charge my credit card for 3 months, even after multiple requests from me to get this situation resolved.

At this point, my frustration drove me to cancel and I was informed that not only will I have to pay in full for next month (no prorating) but that I will be charged $200-$300 dollars for "Cleaning etc" just for moving out.

Transparency and customer service are non existent in this company from my point of view, and just the fact that this website exists lends credence to my assumptions.
ms842
M S.
December 13th, 2019
I had an extremely poor experience and really cannot find even one decent review so this tells me I'm not alone in my experience. Luckily I am linked to my bank account within the first few months so they cannot withdraw money like they have from other clients but I am pretty sure I will have to fight for my deposit just like everyone else. Make sure you terminate your lease well before the time or from what I read they will automatically renew you. Unprofessional rude overpriced. Extremely rude help and poor customer service unless it is in their benefit. Even when you complain you have to threaten lawyers to get even part of your money back. This place is a complete joke and disgrace. The place in sunrise Florida is not worth even a moment of your time and there are plenty of good office places surrounding it
leahg91
April 6th, 2020
I requested a Mutual Rescission and Early Release Agreement and was refused.
Regus are taking advantage and exploiting at a time when we all need support and understanding.
It is shocking that in a pandemic where worldwide governments are calling for relief on business rates for SME companies that Regus are looking to tie us in for another 12 month contract for a facility that we cannot, and do not want to, use.

MONEY HUNGRY COMPANY
- NO social responsibility
- TAKING monthly payments from small businesses owners who have had to close down business due to COVID
- NOT helping customers in time of need
- Rude, legalistic and non responsive
- STILL charging rents during the shut down
- Overcharges you on invlices
- DO NOT trust them with your credit card you won't have access to remove it (they keep charging it)
- They claim they support members, but it seems that they are only concerned about profits
- Any questions or complaints are met with the same bureaucratic automated responses

STAY AWAY - DO NOT SIGN UP WITH REGUS

One of the most unprecedented times in history and they have decided to take advantage of many small firms who are struggling to make ends meet.

BASICALLY THEY ARE BOTH! THEY OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT JUST A SCAM SINCE THEY DO HAVE A REAL PRODUCT: RENTING OUT WORKSPACE AND ARE EVEN PUBLIC. HOWEVER THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY COSTUMERSERVICE AND AT THE SAME TIME THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE CATTLE, TRYING TO MILK YOU OUT WITH FALSE BILLING. THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THEY CLAIM TO OFFER ARE IN REALITY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. A GREAT DEAL OF THEIR SAILSPITCH SEEMS TO BE FLEXIBILITY BUT AT THE SAME TIME THEIR CONTRACTS ARE INTENTIALY CONSTRUCTED TO PUNISH FLEXIBEL BEHAVIOR. THEY WILL ALWAYS TAKE MORE THAN THEY GIVE. THE STAFF WONT HESITATE TO LIE OR WITHOLD CRUCIAL INFORMATION IF ITS CONVENIENT TO THEM AT ANY MOMENT AND THE CEO AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS COULDNT CARE LESS AS LONG AS MONEY KEEPS COMMING IN. THEY MIGHT HOLD BACK YOUR MAIL CHASE AWAY YOUR COSTUMERS OR LOCK YOU OUT FOR NOT PAYING YOUR BILLS EVEN WHEN YOU DID PAY EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE JUST TO STUBBORN TO ADMIT THE INCOMPETENCE OF THEIR OWN ADMINISTRATORS ETC ETC ETC!!! AND THESE THINGS DONT JUST HAPPEN IN ONE OR TWO CENTERS BUT THESE TYPES OF COMPLAINTS ARE INTERNATIONAL!

By Bart V.