RealEstateWebmasters reviews

Nanaimo, BC V9R 5G8, Canada
Tel: 1-877-753-9893

ashleyp126
12/15/17

Paid $12,000 for a site with pre-paid programming hours. Every year they increased, but this last year, they increased us from $1800/year to $3600/year with no option, and then told us our pre-paid hours are gone. I am unsure if this is a Secretary of State matter, but someone has to be taking them for a class action.

amandal134
9/4/17

I'm a web developer for a company which spent a considerable amount of money for a website from REW, I'm not a 100% sure of the actual amount but my boss was quite angry at it, so I'm assuming it was a big chunk.

REW is a conundrum, it is a marketing scam aimed at marketing gurus who don't know the first thing about websites and just get pulled in by the flashy marketing terms they throw around. If there was a way to give 0 stars, I'd give that.

You never actually get to see the actual code for the website, the only thing they give you access to is their lackluster backend. The backend is made to handle leads and nothing else, its literally useless for anything else. The only way to customize any page on their website is through a WYSIWYG editor which has very basic functionality. The WYSIWYG editor allows for the addition of custom HTML, but not custom CSS, this means that you can only use inline CSS to build any sort of pages through their system. This leads to you having to go through their support for simple little things like changing the color of headings.

Speaking of support... The REW support is extremely slow to respond, you get an automated reply after you submit a support ticket, but it takes them a week to get an actual human to take a look at the ticket and 2 more weeks to make a change as simple as changing #FFF to #000. Something that'd take me less than 5 seconds if I had CSS access.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Save your money, Run.

mikem543
8/21/17

We wasted $$$$Thousands$$$$ with this company building our website then they charge you $199 month for maintanance as well as $10 month per agent to have an agent site linked... steap price for hosting we thought but the site looked professional. NOW THEY ARE RAISING THE MONTHLY HOSTING FEE TO $499 PER MONTH AFTER WE BUILD THE SITE???? DO NOT TRUST THESE GUYS, WE WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!

myn45
7/28/17

Once they have you signed up at typically a huge cost for a site that is leased from them and not owned by you, there is constant pressure to upgrade to their latest version, and as of late a massive increases in hosting fees. Also huge rates for programming changes. They know how reluctant their customers are to walk away from costly customisations or to spend time on transferring site content and leads to a new platform, so they assume they have you by the balls. That's not going to work on me though. Buyer beware!

paulb350
6/19/17

Used this for 2 years without ANY business to show for it.

Was SCAMMED out of $15000 by this company for an ugly site and nonexistent customer service.

Tip for consumers: RUN!

timothyr27
8/11/16

REW is no doubt very good but ine must realize custom work is exoensive to get performance at optimum. You pay as if you "own" the site but it's really leased. So if you say hey create a website but once complete ask hem turn over all raw code "that ain't happening" meaning you can spend thousands and basically if you decided to have changes made outside of the structure REW you cannot and pay inflated dollars on programmers that would similarly do the same as an outside firm and return the code back to you. So in essence your paying to improve their website along with any unique idea that came with the request you make in what you assume is yours. You can send the thousands of investment out the door if you don't pay their price. Never spend your investment in which you don't have total control over. Short term it may suffice or seem simple but long tern it can have grave consequences. They can essentially sell you idea to your entire competition and I seen in certain instances have.

Response from Melissa V., RealEstateWebmasters Representative
Hi Timothy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

You’re right that REW retains proprietary control over the websites we create, but there’s a solid reason for this. We have dedicated hundreds of thousands of R&D hours into developing tools and features that we’ve jam-packed into every one of our sites, like our CRM and CMS. We’ve invested literal Millions into developing the best real estate website platform in the world, and we’d be out of business very quickly if we let people appropriate our core code.

The programming hours you’ve mentioned are for customizations—little tweaks our clients can choose to make to the site to make it more “their own”. These are entirely optional, and aren’t required to have a phenomenal website. In fact, for clients with budget limitations, we recommend not customizing sites, as it ensures all our newest features can be implemented at the lowest cost possible (usually free).

When it comes to developing brand new features, we listen to our community. We have a very active and vocal group of real estate agents who tell us what they want to see in their websites. If one person has an idea, chances are dozens of others have thought of the same thing. We discuss these ideas at our REW Summits, on Facebook, and with anyone who wants to brainstorm on the phone. If we hear the same request over and over, we might eventually develop it (independently of our client projects) and add it to our code base.

I hope this helps clarify some of the reasons behind how we do business. If you have any questions or comments in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out. You know where to find us!

Thanks again for sharing with us,
Melissa
brandih7
12/21/15

I invested in having my sites custom programmed for several years so I am experienced with websites and understand the difficulty with idx, seo, etc. I am presently with REW and have good lead generation which is the most important thing. That said, they really are focused on making money vs. amazing sites. The SEO guy was so nice, but I found errors on the H tags on my front page, the blog had no search, seriously and to get them to add a search function to my blog it was $1700. So really look at the template and get them to get you on a live site before you pick one. If it isn't in the template you will pay for it, even if it should be there. They have excellent support though, I can call and they will walk you through any help you need. Customizations are very very expensive and are poorly managed however.

johnnyb34
11/20/14

WoW some crazy people on here LOL. REW is by far the cream of the crop! I have used many others and had NO where near the results! I would actually prefer if less people used them as it helps my business even more without real competition!

Tip for consumers: Do yourself a favor and take your self to the next level

mazenk
10/31/14

I had this service for 1.5 years now and in the beginning pretty good. Cancelling end of this month for the following reasons:
- They always have a new product they are in the business of selling websites, the second you buy it its obsolete, next month they call to sell you the newer version for full price. No upgrade cost and any modifications before you will have to pay for again.
- Un-flexible non-negotiable anything you cant expect anything after you buy. they are polite but not existing customer friendly they will lose your business and will not negotiate anything

jays286
9/22/14

Real Estate Webmasters is hands down the best investment I've made in my real estate business. The service is top notch and I've quadrupled my traffic and increased my leads 1000 percent.

happyc6
3/10/14

Real Estate Webmasters is by far the industry leader in real estate websites and technology. 10 years in the business and one of Canada's top companies. The reviews I have seen on this website are from competitors trying to put down a good company - NOT COOL! Be sure to take reviews like that with a grain of salt - if you want real reviews of a company, call their customers, ask around on facebook - don't follow anonymous bash comments.

Hi Mindy! REW sites typically start around $5k for a technology suite (website, CRM, app) that is powerful and effective right "out of the box". There isn't much work you'll need to do to get any one of our sites ready to go live, and our Support team is always available to help walk you through the steps. If you prefer a hands off approach to your website, you are welcome to purchase SEO services to take care of the content and setup for you. The monthly SaaS pricing depends on your hosting level and the number of users you'll have, so it does vary by individual and team size. Since you do have questions, I recommend getting in touch with your product consultant directly; he or she will be happy to send you an itemized breakdown of your quote and what it includes, and also discuss ROI systems that will help ensure your website pays for itself and makes you extra money!

By Melissa V. [RealEstateWebmasters Rep]

Agent locator is the company I went with, I own the 2 star review above and left them after 1.5 years to agent locator. Flexible, won't charge you an arm and a leg, modification costs are reasonable, easy to modify html backend website.

By Mazen K.
Questions? Get answers from the RealEstateWebmasters staff and other customers.

RealEstateWebmasters?