Review of RadioShack

Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Tel: 1-800-843-7422

chriso53
3/8/18

I was saddened when RadioShack filed for bankruptcy and closed most of its stores. Their reorganization is moving along and they have a great website with many parts and the stuff RS was known for On Sale. The return policy is generous, with them paying the return shipping as well. Though you won't find a lot in some categories, what remains is a great deal when you consider that ordering from AliExpress takes weeks. Get the goods while you can, I don't know if the website is a permanent fixture of the reorganized company.

sanjays21
3/1/16

it is a unique website

jefferyd9
12/12/15

This company was around for 100 years, however if memory serves it died off not to long ago.

jerrym64
10/3/15

I was hesitant at first but I wanted to get my Canon G10 fixed. I found some good reviews online and shipped my camera to them. In a few days they called me and told me they had my camera fixed and wanted to know if I would like to get my flash replaced since it was showing some signs of arcing. I agreed and within a couple of days I had my camera in hand. They fixed and tested my lens and flash, cleaned the camera, and even updated the firmware. I was impressed with the person on the phone too. there was no pressure and he completely explained the whole process and seemed very knowledgeable about the camera. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

anthonys78
7/20/15

all items from radioshack Awesome!

garthr5
4/29/15

If you buy the service contract, radio shack is a great way to buy decent headphones. Because if they break in a year you get new ones, so it's a two for one deal.

evelynh6
2/11/15

I purchased a Canon Powershot G12 camera from Radio Shack and I bought their Protection Plan. The camera broke and was unusable as it would show on the screen that it had a lens error and to restart the camera. Every time I'd restart it, it would be the same problem.

So I took advantage of the Protection Plan that I had and I sent it off. The ones doing their Canon repairs is this place:

Cameras And Parts
4067 Hardwick St.
Suite 469
Lakewood, California 90712

The repair was done fast and I didn't have to pay anything which was nice. When I looked up who was doing the repair (www.camerasandparts.com) I visited their website. Turns out the amount they charge for the repair is almost the same as what the warranty cost me. In the future, it would be better to skip the protection plan and if it breaks, just pay them to fix it. If it doesn't break, I'd still have my $90.

In this case though, the protection plan did come in handy and the repair was done very well. The came works like new without any problems. Plus I guess the protection plan is nice because if it breaks again during the coverage period, I'd be covered for another repair if needed.

I docked Radio Shack a star though because I see them charging what Cameras And Parts charges for the repair anyway (give or take). If they charge everybody this (most cameras probably never break), Radio Shack is charging too much (in my honest opinion).

briano18
11/22/14

Different collections of products are available in their website. For my camera I have purchased a camera battery from radioshack.com for an immediate need. The price range was somewhat high as compared with other sites. But as the battery I needed was available in their website I ordered for it immediately. I received the product from them quickly too.

olgaa3
10/2/14

Be warned, DO NOT PURCHASE Service contracts from Radio Shack. I purchased insurance for my Samsung Note 3. I was told at the store that all I had to do was bring in my phone and I would get a new one, no questions asked. What really happens - you have to open a service ticket and pay $99 non-refundable PLUS $550, which will be returned when you return the damaged phone. They tell you that as soon as the return item is scanned at FedEx you will receive your refund. What really happens - you sit and wait for over 2 weeks to get your money back. My phone was scanned on 9/12, they received on 9/16 and I'm still waiting for my $550 (today is 10/2). Every time you call you get a different story. So either they lie or they don't know what the truth is. Buy from anyone but Radio Shack.

marcosm8
9/13/13

I would definitely recommend to buy from the store, its a hassle when it comes to ordering online. The shipping just took some time, there are radioshack's in every corner even tho it does suck when you need something and they don't have it on stock.

roseh19
6/25/13

I haven't had any problems purchasing from radio shack. They have a decent selection of electronics. I have been happy with their shipping and customer service.

joannac
6/24/12

I will only buy from their web site as the NYC employees are thieves who add replacement plans to your order without asking you if you want it.

bruceb2
6/11/11

OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AT RADIO SHACK A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.

So, Saturday morning I went to the Radio Shack store where the store manager and I are now becoming best buds, and asked if the order has been received, the item was a zBoost product that I had ordered for the second time on Thursday. He was not sure and offered to look up the order on the computer. Still the same status - PROCESSING! No change. Mind you this is the second time we had entered the order in a week. His suggestion was to call the help line and get a status on the order. Well this is when the fun begins. The woman on the line tells me that the order has been processed, and that I should receive it Wednesday or Thursday next week. Normally, this would be a OK answer, but I specifically paid for the product to be delivered "OVERNIGHT".

I said WHAT!, what are you talking about, I paid for OVERNIGH!. Now I am in the store when I made the phone call with the manager next to me. He is just about as shocked as I am. I asked the person on the line, what part of OVERNIGHT SHIPPING do you not understand. Well, she told me that we have 1 -2 business days to process the order, and then 1 -2 business days to deliver the order. I said, but I paid for OVERNIGHT Shipping does that mean anything to you. Well, she stated, I placed my order on Thursday evening, we have until Monday to allow our warehouse to get the product ready to be shipped and then we have 1 to 2 business days to send the product to the store.

So, I told person nicely, since I was in the store that you need to remove the OVERNIGHT Shipping option from you website- BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT OPTION. She tried to explain to me that the policy for shipping overnight allows them 1-2 business days to prepare the order in the warehouse after 1 day to process the order. She then offered to remove the shipping fees as an effort to ease the pain, but as I explained to her, the cost of the shipping and the product was not as important as having the product here on Saturday morning.

After she removed the shipping fees, I asked again "when will the product show up at the store", now it was for sure Wednesday or Thursday, maybe Friday next week. I said that you got to be kidding. Did you remove my priority shipping status by removing my shipping costs - Oh No, not at all. I told her obviously Radio Shack has a real logistics proble.

Then to top it all off, she wanted to know since it was going to be Father's Day on Sunday that they had a tool kit, would I be interested purchasing it for $34.99 - I said, "Sure, when can I expect that to arrive - Labor Day Weekend" - NO I am not interesting in buying anything else from you. I asked the gal if she was just crazy or what. You just screwed me on a delivery of a product and then you want me to BUY something else give me a break Radio Shack.

God, I hope Radio Shack recorded that conversation; this is the one that the CEO needs to hear and then ask himself / herself if she would buy anything from such a micky mouse e-store operation.

Warning, Warning, Warning if you need something please do not use this site for purchasing anything and for God Sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping - they have a strange definition of "OVERNIGHT"

jimmyw1
4/10/11

Do people still use Radioshack? I have a special place in my heart for it. I used to go with my dad weekly to radioshack. Unfortunately since the 1990s Radio Shack seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Their website is poorly updated, and items that are supposed to be in stock, either there or in the store, are actually not. Their customer service representatives don't seem to know what's going on either.

joannr
2/13/09

Lousy return policy and poor customer service - Radio Shack has a 30 day return policy. NO exceptions! Over the holidays, my father almost died. When we believed there was some hope that he would be okay again, I ordered the new camera that he had asked for before becoming ill. Checking the return policy was not on my mind at the time. My mistake. My father continued to be hospitalized off and on throughout the month of January. He did not attempt to use the camera until the end of January at which time he realized that it did not have a view finder and he was unable to see well enough to use the camera. I spoke to multiple people through customer service regarding returning or exchanging the camera and was met by a bunch of robots. That's the only way that I can explain the mechanical, uncaring way that they repeatedly told me Radio Shacks's return policy. What a disappointment. Now I'm stuck with a $120 camera, and I have to buy a new camera for my dad.

29 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the RadioShack staff and other customers.

RadioShack?