Review of R43DS.org

Missouri, United States
Tel: 203197836468

akmub
3/16/14
My husband and I ordered two items the day of X and Ys release and still havn't recieved it, numerous emails, no repsonse
robt123
3/12/14
I ended up going with this site because a friend of mine had told me about the R4 he had gotten there for his DSi way back when it first came out. I decided to get a 3DS version for my 3DS system, as I wanted to get in to playing around with homebrew and some development. I made my purchase for the r4 on July 6th, 2013 and I received it on July 23rd, 2013. The card does exactly what its advertised to do, and setup was easy, just followed the setup guide found right on this site. My experience has been nothing but positive. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is because I expected the package to arrive a lot faster than it did, but when I received it, I realized it was shipping internationally, which I guess explains why it took longer than I expected.
johng131
3/10/14
Absolutely no problems with this site or the products at all. I have purchased form R43DS.org on 3 different occassions (for myself and then gifts for others) and each and every time I was greeted with friendly service, helpful sales and support staff and the products work just as advertised.

On my second order which was for a gift, I wasn't aware of a sale they had, and didn't enter in the coupon code. I didn't even have to ask them, and they discounted my order themselves before shipping it out, so I ended up saving $6.xx off my order! Now, I don't know how other stores are, because I have not bought these products anywhere else, but I would not hesitate one little bit to tell my friends or any family members to buy from this site. I wrote a review here because working in customer support myself, I see bad reviews posted much more often than positive ones. I can only speak for my own experience on 3 different orders spread out over the course of 4 months, and each time I got what I ordered, had help when I needed it and I love the R4!
theresem2
3/5/14
This is the worst site .... biggest rip-off ... lost my money and have not been able to get a response from them despite sending them an email every second day ... its been over 3 months and still nothing.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
lancew3
3/2/14
I had no issues with this website other then my parcel taking a little bit longer to arrive than I would have liked but as it turned out the problem wasn't with the shipment but with HM Revenue/Customs taking a long time to fully clear the package. I initially yelled foul and contacted them and was helped by a gentleman named Jim, who ended up tracing the parcel and determined that it was stuck in customs. Don't know what he did, but about 5 days later the parcel arrived. I would urge anyone to contact him directly, as he seems to know his stuff. jim(*****@AT)r43ds.org (remove the brackets and extra AT of course. Bear in mind that if the parcel is coming to you from out of country customs can take however long they please before finally clearing a parcel for entry to the country at which point it goes in to the postal system.
lisaf38
3/2/14
I ordered 3 R4 cards 3 months ago, after not receiving them I emailed them 3 times through the contact page and got no response. To see if I could get them to answer me I contacted them by the same method and said I was trying to get pay for an order on the website but was having trouble getting the payment to go through. they answered that email within 24 hours but as soon as I asked about my order I got no response. Absolute scam stay away from them. surely there is some way to close them down?
lucyr5
3/1/14
Wish I had found this site before ordering. Took my money, still says 'awaiting shipping'. Emailed 4 times, no response. KEEP AWAY FROM THESE B******S
saram31
2/2/14
Wish I could give this site NO stars. Paid for the product. It never arrived but they took my money fast enough. Sent dozens of emails and they have never replied even though I threatened to report them to the Federal Trade Commission.........still nothing. I don't even know how to get my money back I mean, how do you argue with a company that wont talk to you?
scotth48
1/9/14
Defo a scam site. Ordered in November and they blamed it on the post:

"R4 3DS (*****@gmail.com)
Thank you so much for letting me know about not yet having received your order. It has been shipped out to you, however, I do notice that the order status has not been updated to SHIPPED due to an issue we were having with our shipping cart. Having said that however, in looking at the shipment date, your order should have already arrived to you quite some time ago. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

I will open a trace on your package with the post office and also then make arrangements to send out a second package to you, with a different method of shipping. We have had about 15 or 16 packages which have gone missing once shipped. We're not certainly why, but we are re-sending a second package to all customers. We only ask that if you should receive 2 identical packages that you please let us know, so we can arrange to have one of the two sent back to us here! I will also upgrade your order for you to our very newest card, which works on the latest 3ds and Nintendo 3DS XL consoles up to v7.1.0 and DSI 1.45 at no additional cost to you, to hopefully help make up for this inconvenience!

We take lost parcels very seriously, and we do insure all of our packages to protect both ourselves and our customers against lost parcels. That is why we have absolutely no issue re-sending a package.

I would just ask that you please double check the shipping address in your account, or send me your shipping address if you did not create an account, so that we can confirm that we're sending it to the right address.

Once again, please accept out most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Jim"
johnf91
12/12/13
r43ds.org is a scam site. They gladly took my money and didn't deliver. As it turns out, no one who has ordered from them has ever received anything.
shaneg10
11/8/13
I too fell into the trap of this crapsite. KNOWING that I should have done my research first, I guess I deserve to get bit.

Of course my card was charged, but the kicker is the FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE that seems to have been applied. I was under the impression that this place was here in the good ole USA. Nope...

Looks like I got hornswoggled by these fools as well...

Buyer beware.
Do your homework before you fall victim like many of us have.
miiahb
10/14/13
Do not order from this site. After 2 weeks of "awaiting shipping", I sent them a message every other day (3 total) without a response on their "24 hour message reply" page. Looked at reviews on other sites and saw it was a scam. Called my card company to dispute the charges. They tried to call the parent company iCOMBUY while I was on hold. My card company said iCOMBUY's number was disconnected. The charges were reversed. I have since ordered from realhotstuff.com (yeah cheesy name), which ships out of NJ. Received my product in a few days. (Paid for FedEx, got tracking number) DO NOT BUY FROM R43DS.ORG!!
joeb33
7/15/13
Ordered a card a month ago, says awaiting shipment, but never shipped. Customer service will not get back to me.
dongy1
7/7/13
bobp21
7/7/13
Just as everyone else as said they stole my money. They replied once saying they were preparing for shipping then never will reply again. My order is just stuck at "Awaiting Shipment." Terrible site and to top it off they are forging the Verisign seal (see bottom of page). I had to get a new credit card. Report them so they get shut down!!

mikem130
5/16/13
Good all around service and the product is really good. Works just as they advertise it. I've been experimenting now with watching some movies on the 3DS... rather, having the kids watch movies on their 3DS systems. Great for long drives and you can load up 3-4 movies on the 8GB microsd card that came with the card itself.

customer service was courteous and responsive. I had some issues initially with setup and installation of the menu system but was guided step by step by a fellow named Jim and he got me up and running in no time.
robt109
5/11/13
I'm very happy with my purchase from r43ds.org On April 18 I bought the r4 3ds rts card for my 3ds XL. The card was shipped promptly and the package arrived in just over 12 days in total. I had some trouble setting it up and getting it running, but a quick email to the CSR over at the site fixed things right up when they took the time to send me a step by step email on how to setup the card, and to diagnose my problem to find out where the error was. As it turned out, it was me putting the wrong firmware on the card.

As a side note, my cousin ordered one on April 15, and it just arrived to him 2 days ago. So sometimes, depending on the post office, it can take longer. His cards were shipped 3 days after he ordered, and mine were sent 4 days after I ordered, and mind came in sooner.

I'd recommend this site to anyone looking for a real genuine r4, 'cause there are way too many fakes out there, and site peddling obsolete versions of this card.
sammyl7
5/11/13
Great flash carts for the Nintendo 3DS XL. I had an old flash card for my Nintendo DS system, and I got a 3DS and wanted to be able to play my old emulators on the 3DS as well. They helped me get the right card (and it was one of the lower cost ones too that they recommended for my needs) and I could not be happier about getting the card from them. The only reason I have 4 stars is because of a delay in arrival, which seems to have been US Customs holding on to the package for no known reason, but it ended up getting released by customs and getting to me in about 17 days in total.
samuelp9
5/1/13
I placed an order with them on March 15th, and my orders was delayed and not charged to me until March 30th. They sent an email letting me know that they delayed charging for the order because they had a new version of their product coming out, and it had not yet arrived to them from the factory. They didn't want to send out an old model to customers, when a new model was right around the corner. I asked them if there would be any extra charge or fee for this, as it was a more expensive item, but they told me that the upgrade to this new version is free. They just wanted to avoid sending any new customers the older version, that was now being replaced. My package arrived on APril 20th (yes, really that long, but it was the customs guys that took their sweet time to process the parcel) and it works just as advertised. Happy with the product, and appreciate getting a new model, for the same price as the old one.
davidl90
4/24/13
SCAM SCAM SCAM

The CSR said it shipped April 5 and I will recieve within 5-15 days. 19 days later still no item. They are also stop responding to my messages. Now I am disputing the charge though Visa. Wish I saw these reviews sooner! AVOID!
johnh159
4/5/13
Very bad site, looks legit but ordering weeks ago my order is still on "Awaiting shipment". They are NOT legit!
tylerb9
8/31/12
Well.. I ordered it and then read it was a scam site so I am currently asking to cancel my order and they asked why and I gave bogus reason saying I'm going to purchase different item when I'm not. And hope they cancel it.. my bank can't cancel it..
zachh5
6/28/12
after ordering my r4 and multiple emails still nothing....
kellym22
4/19/12
They are NOT legit!! Ordered on 3/12/12 and as of 4/19/12 still have not received my item. Finding things about them being fraudulent online. The same "excuses" they were giving me in the beginning (now they won't respond at all) are the same they give to everyone. SCAM. Just had my bank reverse charges - you should, too.
jeffg14
12/29/11
Beware of this website, I ordered an R$ card for my son two weeks ago and it is still "Awaiting Shipment", I can't find any information on them in google either

I bombarded them with emails but they did respond. They send the chip from overseas and sometimes they get held up in customs but they did keep responding and even stated if I didn't receive my chip by a certain date they would track it themselves and also send out another chip. I received it as stated and was very pleased with my chip. This chip is no longer available in the US so it comes from Hong Kong that is why it takes so long plus they have a parent company callediComBuy. I texted with a representative named Jim and it was R43DS.org

By Jamie C.

I ordered some things from them over 3 or 4 months ago. After all these false claims of sending it it eventually came from china. We got the bank involved at one point. They have some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced and they gave every excuse you could imagine of why they don't answer. You can go to the bank and they will get your money back for you if you don't think you'll receive the item. But maybe you will get lucky like I did and they'll eventually send it.

By John H.

Although they say local and they do have small offices in other places, it actually ships from China.

By Hans N.

I don't know mate, I'm waiting 3 weeks too.

By Andrei T.

I ordered from the .org site at least 6 months ago, and never received the item. I chased them several times and with no luck, despite them responding to cite production problems. It's a lost cause, try and claim the money back from your credit card.

By Franziska V.

Questions? Get answers from the R43DS.org staff and other customers.

5 Photos for R43DS.org