Review of Play-Asia.com

Tel: +852 3145 0061
cs@play-asia.com

josepht221
1/22/19

Play-Asia.com used to be quite good in the past, and I had excellent reviews for them in my previous purchases; however, I am very disappointed with the company recently. They sent me a Brand New game with the disc loose. I sent it back to them, looking for a New Good condition one or a refund. I was waiting an action from them, after realizing they received the game I sent and was delivered to them a week ago. They just say they were working on it. Looks like they are not willing to take any responsibility about their mistakes, instead kept me waiting forever without my item and money. Where's professionalism here? Why do they have a so mediocre service? What's wrong with them now? ...

katiem220
11/19/18

Great place if you like anime and other Japanese stuff and things. Great variety and prices, shipping was fast.

lynxs
9/4/18

I've ordered there from overseas and it's the best. Many selection of items are hard to find and only available in Japan and it's the best way to buy there.

hangy
8/13/18

Terrible company. Has out of stock products yet on webstie says it's instock, then once you order it, it's stuck in "preparing order" for months. Wish to cancel an order? They just say "We are sorry for the late delivery of your package Hang. We have confirmed that we did not receive the stock up until now No need to worry as our purchasing team is doing their best to fulfill the order as early as possible. For now, we ask for your patience and understanding." While NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR WISH TO CANCEL THE ORDER. Play-Asia is straight up stealing money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Amazon is so much superior in every way where they actually listen to customers and solve our queries.

ludwigb28
5/31/18

Terrible company, and this is coming from an ex-loyal costumer for years, To be fair they used to be good, fast, and efficient, but unfortunately the reality is that their quality in service have been deteriorating the past few years and have now gone to the point of even delaying their shipments on purpose for weeks, not days, or hours, WEEKS.....

This is one of those "how the mighty have fallen" - type story, the worst part is that when i tried to contact them and ask if it was possible for them to make up for their mistake (2 weeks delay which is completely their fault) or in other words take responsibility for it by changing my shipping type to make up for the wasted time, my order has suddenly, perhaps even magically been shipped and cannot be changed but lo and behold when i searched for the tracking number i was given it wasn't even in the shipping company's system.

Now that's fishy to me and it tells me that they haven't even sent my package yet because its not in the shipping company's database yet..... the entire situation and how PA allowed it to degenerate it that is simply disappointing....

while they have a decent selection and different kinds of sales, prepare for terrible costumer service and expects weeks of delay. MINIMUM

just in case PA staff are bored and read through these my order number is 41846707

Tip for consumers: Don't, just don't

jamesa435
4/30/18

These guys are great. With a great selection of import games from Japan that are super hard to find anywhere else when you live in the USA. Have ordered form them 4 or 5 times and every time has been a smooth experience.

leej66
3/7/18

I have order an iTunes 10000 and they charged my cards 388.24 still havent give my code and sudden say it was cancelled and they didnt refund my money still , i have contacted them and they keep saying already give me back my money but i have checked with my bank and still havent pay back. I buy with them 3 times already and sudden they say my security problem and cant give me the code. WTF ?! Now im about to call their local police for scamming and hope my lawyer will success bring this to court!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE FOREVER!

marks598
1/31/18

If you like import games (and import merch. in general) this place is great. Their shipping is reasonable and have ordered on 8 different occasions and never had any problems.

felixt16
10/5/17

Item was stated to ship within 1 to 5 days from date of order. Its now 8 days, and item is not yet shipped. I ask customer service several times over facebook messenger, they have no idea when to ship exactly!! I requested to refund twice, they ignore my request twice. Item is US$377.89, huge amount. This is ridiculous, i want my money back now! I need the item urgently and will order elsewhere.

chishue
8/25/17

Horrible and scam service. I am was client of this service more two months, I did many orders and physical and digital. Today I did new order 40839863 and they asked call to me. I told my old phone not work, I want give new phone number. They not answered at all, just have written message in 3 min after order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, that they can not reach me by phone and cancelled order. Damn. They full spit on clients, which already long time use them service. Also THESE SCAMMERS stole all my old digital orders, ALL. People if you have some problem with play-asia, there is no any meaning write to them, just do chargeback, I hate scammers like they.

dodid
5/3/17

beware buy digital items, dont waste ur time

beware buy digital items

three times buy iTunes USA $100 , Three times they gave me broken codes : Already Redeemed codes

complaint and takes forever to get replacement and refunds

customer service (play-asia) blame technical team and their supplier.

isabellay
4/7/17

Bought and paid for a nintendo mini classic. Did not get any confirmation or shippingdetails. When we contacted their customerservice they claimed payment was not recieved and deleted our order. Although all proofs like transaction-IDs etc was sent to them. We opened a case in Paypal. They did not respond to Paypal. Case upgraded to a demand, still no comments from them inside paypal. After 2 weeks I was fully refunded from Paypal. We wrote warnings on trustpilot but they were removed. (Hmm strange)
Stay away, they will delete orders and bad reviews but will try to take your money and then play dumb.

johnb822
3/14/17

Charged my card without sending me anything. The charge was refunded several weeks later, with a message saying "there are many fraudulent charges from your area, try using Western Union instead". How is that how you do business? Western Union is a big red flag.

jg34
2/17/17

This is a company run like garbage with garbage customer service.

Different reps answer emails and leave you in a loop of giving the exact same information on a purchase until you either give up or have to go through your payment choice to resolve the problem.

Twice now I have attempted to buy a digital product key and both times they botched a simple procedure.

Take payment, send some text to the purchaser. Its not difficult. They "forgot" the first time after taking 4 days. I could have gone and bought what I was looking for and been faster at a brick and mortar.

The second time they blamed the "accounting department" for charging me 4 times the original amount ($200) taking 4 weeks to return payment and it wasn't until I forced a charge back that I got my money back. Unbelievably unacceptable.

Tip for consumers: Find another company or go to a brick and mortar store.

michelleg130
1/5/17

I've never heard of this company until today 1/5/17. I don't play games as I'm a 46 year-old adult woman with things to do. Where did you obtain my credit card information? The charge was made according to my bank while I was commuting home from work on a crowded train. Please refund my money, that's all I'm asking. I do not buy games or gadgets.

frankt59
11/27/16

My debit card was billed for a purchase from Play-Asia.com BUT I NEVER AUTHORIZED IT! I can't say that the company is to blame but I never heard of them before this incident.

tims9
10/25/16

I've bought from Play-Asia several times over the years. I've never had a single issue besides sometimes slower than usual shipping.

derekm51
8/10/16

I bought a Windows 7 key.
It was verified by Microsoft to be stolen from a pre-installed machine.
The company has thus far, after 3 days and TWENTY emails, not refunded my money. They pretend they don't speak English and send stereotypical responses that are in no way a response to me.

donw41
4/18/16

No item shipped for a month. Complained thru paypal. Resolution center get no reply from them at all. Paypal refunded me.

sonyr2
4/7/16

Got the code instantly once payment was verified. Was easy.

A little towards the pricey side but it's worth it for the ease.

johne62
10/15/14

They have the worst customer service ever.

After you paid them for a product,you need to contact their customer service because of payment verification purpose.

I dont recommend to buy from this site, especially because you must deal with the customer service to process your item / product.

The customer service consists of Chinese / hongkong people who barely knows decent English, no technical knowledge at all most of the time.

Customer Service average responds time = 2-4 hours / reply.

The most annoying thing: The Customer Service totally ignores you ( even in the middle of conversation) when they reach the end of their office hours. So if they're asking for a payment verification at 4:50 P.M.of Hongkong local time, and you reply immediately. They will only reply after 14-15 hours. (Ridiculous service)

Tip for consumers: If you dont want to deal with customer service who only replies to your ticket after 2-4 hours, don't buy from this site

timg24
8/5/14

"Just purchased a Hori-Pad 4 controller for my PS4 from play-asia.com and am writing this as a warning to people from the U.S. ordering from them.

The controller arrived non-working, nothing works not even the lights on the controller. Tried with both a ps3 and ps4 and no go. Contacted play-asia and was told I could return the item at my expense and if they deemed it non-working after receiving it they would replace it. I have already shelled out $65 for the controller and shipping to get it to me.

I checked return shipping to them via the same method they sent it to me ($16.00 charge) and the cost is $95.59 (Fed-Ex international economy shipping). This is ridiculous. I could order another controller, pay shipping be $30 cheaper and have it in a week.

They will not pay return shipping on items that are received in non-working condition which is BS. So I am out $65 for a controller that doesn't work. Keep this in mind if you decide to order from them from the U.S. If it doesn't work you are stuck with it. There was no damage to the package during shipping.

I asked them how they suggested to send it back that wasn't so expensive and was told to try registered economy airmail. Even this was $40 and unacceptable. So I am stuck with a nonworking controller and out $65. Buyer beware!"

sherlys
5/30/12

expensive marked up games from china shipping. waited for 2 months and only got half of my order. their customer service is very very slow, also very unfriendly. I requested to cancel the backorder games, and they refused said it is processed and over a month old. horrible and stay away unless you want troubles

zidaw
5/21/12

horrible experience at playasia.com! stay away and beware of fraud here.
I ordered a psp console and 2 games here, waited for 2 weeks and no signs of my order being processed nor shipped. emailed them with no respond. even after I disputed the payment from them, there is still no respond. finally I got a non-sense and non-related email from them saying "what a trouble customer you are". oh my god, they are totally ridiculous. I checked they are from hong kong and no wonder why no much customer services here. very bad experience, and the payment is still being disputed that they don't refund me.

aiyah
8/13/11

This site has had some exclusive imports that are hard to find anywhere else. Not only this site has video games, but they also have art books, figures, collectible toys, and plush dolls. You can't get authentic Nintendo toys anywhere else than here. The only gripe I have with this site is their shipping prices. They are extremely high at times even with the cheapest option of shipping is higher than standard prices at other online stores. I remember wanting to buy a small toy set, and the shipping was more than the product itself! They always send a coupon slip if you order $50 or more. Which usually equals to one game on their site.

Questions? Get answers from the Play-Asia.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Play-Asia.com