Review of PlayerAuctions

Tel: 1-800-342-0768
support@playerauctions.com

tylerj72
7/15/19

DO NOT use this site EVER.
1) you have to spend HOURS trying to prove who you are when you buy from them.
2) Even after the hours you spend, they will tell you its not enough information and put your order in infinite limbo.
3) You will NEVER be able to get your money back for the order.

pault371
7/7/19

I have been ordering for the past few days and over all I can say I have found sellers on the site that can do far more than other sites can with Shadowbringers only a few days old. I found people able to powerlevel me through MSQ even during early access. That can't be said of MMOGAH. They can't even DO shadowbringers MSQ at the time of this post and I bought gil from them a few months ago and paid them 300 dollars for 94.5 million gil.

I looked at 100 mil goes for on mmogah and 269.99 whereas on player accutions it's like 138.70

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you so much for the kind words and positive vouch, Paul! Sellers on the PlayerAuctions site are highly competitive when it comes to prices and quality of service, so you will have no trouble finding items/gil/services for the Shadowbringers expansion, even if it was just released recently. We hope you enjoy and get a lot of mileage out of your new stock of FFXIV gil, Paul!
wail6
7/7/19

Used the site again and it was one of the easiest things I've ever done. I will be coming back to this site.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Many thanks for the positive feedback, Sharkicer! Thanks as well for your suggestion. I'm afraid communications are gated behind order or offer IDs and the website is designed this way to prevent our users from being harassed. We've had many obnoxious users in the past who send irrelevant spam to sellers, and by having discussions locked into specific order/offer IDs, we can better track these.
julianb71
7/2/19

Bought an account that was fairly expensive and bought insurance alongside it because it was so expensive. A month after playing the account, the seller recovered the account and deleted his profile on PlayerAuctions altogether. When I started a dispute to receive a refund, I showed proof of the account being locked and the requests for password resets and they backed the seller, who deleted his profile, who hadn't objected to the refund and who didn't make any demands. It is an absolute joke, never buy accounts from these guys, all sellers are scammer and the site itself is going along with them.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Julian,

I'm very sorry the case turned out this way. I was able to check on your case and found out that unfortunately, the evidence we received from you is insufficient. We have tried to contact your seller many times but he was unresponsive. In the end, even without compelling evidence, we decided to suspend him on the site — at the very least to prevent him from earning more with his practices.

If you need further help or if you have other questions, please contact support@playerauctions.zendesk.com.

Best,
sebastianw17
6/30/19

The first time I sold an Account, everything went fine. I got the money. Recently, they deleted PayPal as an option so my money for the 2nd account I sold got frozen until I changed my disbusement method, fair enough. Trying to change my method I noticed they dont send me an SMS and then I realized there ware 3 additional Numberns in my Phone Number. 889 randomly added. I activated my account to this number and suddenly there are 3 additional Numbers? Yeah sure, now they want my Personal ID LOL.

I am not giving a company my ID which changed my Phone Number randomly and is holding my money. This just smells like a big scam.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
It seems they do whatever method they want to scam you and/or get your personal data.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Sebastian,

I'd like to put your mind at ease by letting you know that the servers where customer information are stored in is secured and encrypted. We NEVER share information outside of PlayerAuctions, and all information are treated confidentially and professionally.

The reason our team would like to ask for documentation like that is to occasionally verify the identity of our users and make sure the payment is getting to the intended person. Digital account theft regularly happens, and this is part of our efforts to make sure we combat fraud by maintaining transparent and relevant customer information on our end.

And to begin with, we actually need your personal data on the site. It's a requirement for payments to go through successfully because we adhere to risk management standards of getting to know our customers. This has been the intended design of our verification process since day 1. In any case, your money will be intact with us and will never be deducted or voided. Once you decide to continue the verification, it will be released back to your disbursement queue.

Please contact support@playerauctions.zendesk.com if you need further help with anything, Sebastian.

michaelp1014
6/23/19

Very fast and courteous service! was sketchy at first, but haven't had any bad experience come from this site at all!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Michael. Thank you so much for putting your trust in us — we greatly appreciate your feedback! Hope you enjoyed your purchase/s. :)
ervinq
6/12/19

never had a problem selling at this site i dont know about other people talking trash here but they look fake to me

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Ervin, thank you so much for the positive feedback! Good luck with your future sales on the site! :)
judyy33
6/10/19

One of the best trade platforms for gamers online!
smooth, fast, trusted, easy interface and functions!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you so much for the kind words, Judy! We're glad to have you with us as a long time user, and we hope you continue to enjoy our services and offerings. :)
sachh
5/26/19

[update]customer service helped after reading review] Didn't buy or sell a single thing, all accounts suspended. Customer service stingy
I needed to create or change a username because I have a good selling record on websites such as eBay and EpicNPC. I want my name "sachhoc12" to be famous and positive. I didn't know that multiple accounts got all of them unsuspended, even if you deleted the previous. They refuse to change my username from my old to sachhoc12 even though I haven't bought or sold a single thing, so nobody in the world cares about my account's username and it wouldn't change anything. They seem extremely close-minded, following based on a robot-like protocol for customer service, not changing their opinion no matter how trustworthy or scammy the person sending a ticket is.

[update 1 star to 3 stars]
They helped me get to my main account after I mailed my driver's license and ID stuff. However, they wouldn't help me with my paypal email not being allowed since it was on my other account, so I couldn't use it on my main account, which is annoying, requiring me to use another paypal account

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Sach,

Thank you for revising your review; We really appreciate the gesture.

I'm sorry but we can no longer extract your old PayPal account from the closed PlayerAuctions account. The reason for this is because we need to keep the account association for posterity reasons — for us to be able to get back important information should the need arise. I'm sure it was a little inconvenient to have to create another PayPal account, but this ensures your new one is fully usable with your reinstated PA account.

In spite of the setback, we hope you continue to enjoy the services and offerings of our website. Please contact us here or by getting in touch with support@playerauctions.zendesk.com should you need our help. Have a good day, Sach.

Best,
jolenem20
5/12/19

Well this is my first time buying here, seller turned out to be a fraud and scam artist. Took advantage of me, I am a single mom and I provided the site with the proof that what she advertised and what she supposedly sent was was not the same thing and guess what they backed her 100%. So never buy anything from here its bad, as there is zero buyer protection.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Jolene,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I checked on the logs and the reason the case was closed in favor of your seller is because I'm afraid our team was unable to receive compelling evidence from you. Please note that even if you bought insurance, in order to validate user claims we would require substantial evidence from users, as noted in the disclaimer here: https://i.imgur.com/xuvAhYo.png

Please write to us at support@playerauctions.zendesk.com in case you have any other questions, Jolene.

maiac7
5/7/19

It was nice to be able to quickly find exactly what I needed, pay for it, and get it delivered almost instantly. I would definately recommend the site to others.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Maia! We really appreciate it. :)
sachis3
4/30/19

DO NOT DO IT. MAKE YOUR OWN ACCOUNT TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED BECAUSE THEY WILL RECLAIM ACCOUNT DUE TO BEING THE ORIGINAL OWNERS, ONCE YOU HAVE BOUGHT MORE GAMES FROM STEAM AND THEY WILL SELL IT FOR HIGHER PRICE THAN WHAT YOUVE BOUGHT BEFORE. THE DISPUTE PROCESS CATERS FOR THE SHADY SELLERS AND NOT THE BUYERS DESPITE EVIDENCE!!! I LEARN IT THE HARD WAY

02/05/2019

Updated with some more pic from steam and email.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Sachi,

I was able to read your message log in the screenshots you attached here and it seems the seller readily offered his assistance to you, and even went to recover the password on your email address. However, you backed out of the account on the premise that you no longer want it, and that the seller was the previous owner of the account — this has always been the case with all account offers on the site.

Further, there is no evidence on the site and in your tickets that the seller ever reclaimed the account and it seems you no longer want the account. As protection for sellers who are able to deliver successfully, we do not accept buyer's remorse as a valid reason for disputes, and we can only enact the refund upon successful provision of compelling evidence by the buyer that the account purchased was compromised, not as described, or in the worst possible scenario, reclaimed by the seller/original owner.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please write to support@playerauctions.zendesk.com anytime.

shelbyt31
4/28/19

Writing this because yet again, I've had zero assistance or protection from playerauctions "player protection" insurance. Despite advertising that it protects the buyer in the case that the account is reclaimed by the original owner, they will NEVER reimburse you for a reclaimed account. You enter a dispute process with the seller where both parties will talk out a resolution and provide evidence that the account had been reclaimed. In my last endeavor through this process the seller did not respond AT ALL to the dispute, or provide any account information despite their advertisement stating they would always be the ones with the account information (thus as the buyer I would never be able to change the password or email myself), and after providing evidence that the account info had in fact been changed playerauctions still decided the seller "won the case". Again, the seller DID NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE OR REPLY DURING THE DISPUTE. Unbelievable support from playerauctions, as has always been the case in the past. If you're afraid that you will buy an account and lose access to it, do not do it. They cater to shady sellers and don't give a single f, about the buyers. This is far from the first time I've had a terrible instance like this when using this site.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site if you're not willing to be scammed, essentially.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Shelby,

For disputes like these, sellers are hardly required to send a response back, since it's the buyer who needs to make a statement about his claim. If the claim is proven true, that's when a seller is required to reply back. For all cases like these, we need proper and compelling evidence like we always say, and without that I'm afraid we cannot close the case in favor of the buyer.

Contrary to what you said about catering solely to sellers, we actually process refunds on a daily basis, but this hinges on evidence sent to us.

If you have further questions, please get in touch with support@playerauctions.zendesk.com so our staff can assist you, Shelby.

marcioa14
4/28/19

PlayerAuctions is a good site to sell and buy, the tax are acceptable bettwen 10% 15% but the disbursement time is very long, in site say the time is. 2-3 days but usually i get 4-6 days. To be perfect need change the time and fix paypal tax to and regularize the paypal deposit rate for the percentage of net worth in the gross place, since a $ 1000 sale that I would receive $ 900 will end up getting only $ 882 and outside that I will have to pay the conversion rate from the dollar to my currency which will further reduce the amount received.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and for sharing your thoughts about our fees, Estefani.

This is an integral part of our process in order to offset manpower and resource requirements so we can continue our services in terms of handling transactions, disputes, and payments/refunds. This, however, ensures you are always protected on the site as long as you are able to hand over your sale successfully and without reclaiming it.
lindaw585
4/28/19

trust the website easy way to get items good prices some sellers are nice, and can get your money ba

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thanks so much for the kind review, Linda! :)
okyanusk
4/15/19

I love it, amazing prices, very fast seller, I got my all time supplies on this website and I had no issues at all.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Okyanus! Glad you were able to get your purchase/s on a timely manner. :)
ryana142
4/15/19

Great variety of choice when it comes to buying in game gold. But paypal doesn't work! Apparently to do with their risk management. What's worse is that they don't tell you why. If it doesn't work altogether, then why put Paypal as an option.
If you don't have a credit card/bank account then the only other ways are to use bitcoin or skrill which are usually more costly than paypal.
Big disappointment, would have to look for other options

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am also sorry that your payment was declined; I'd like to offer an explanation why this is happening.

Our website has an anti-fraud security system that actively checks accounts for inconsistent or inaccurate information. When these are flagged, our system will have to decline payments as protection for users, as paying users need to have accurate information to confirm to risk management policies and standards. Your payment is never taken and in case it was captured by our system, it will be refunded to you automatically. But in case you don't have it yet, please contact support@playerauctions.zendesk.com and include the order ID—kindly state that you'd like to get a refund for this.

In case you have any more questions, you may send it to that same email as well.

argjendm
4/15/19

I would really recommend this site! They're professional at what they are doing. And the customer support? It's awesome! Fast replies and extremely understandable. Although you should be careful who are you buying from. Only buy from good reputable sellers since it is a trading site and you can get scammed - to blame this at the company isn't really a good reason since I saw a lot of bad reviews that had this as the main reason for giving a low rating. Other than that, amazing site!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Argjend, thank you for the well thought out and kind review. We totally agree—it's what our feedback system is for. Buyers are always free to choose which seller they will buy from based on pricing, reputation, and quality of service. And if anything happens, our team will be ready to provide any form of assistance. :)
frankt148
4/9/19

Everquest 1

Tomjone responded and delivered in-game currency (krono) immediately. Would do business with again.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thanks a lot, Frank! Happy to hear you were able to get your Kronos fast. Looking forward to seeing you more on the site! Have a good day. :)
oliverc62
4/7/19

Buying items is ok, buying accounts not sure.

Thanks guys!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
You're very welcome, Oliver. Thanks a lot for the positive vouch! We hope you continue to enjoy trading on the site. :)
christoffern
3/31/19

Buyed a account that was reduced in price for my buy of currency got insta revoked by GM , got the account no problems what so ever smooth and easy , less than 24 ours the account got banned and after a while "1 month" contacting the gm's i get a answer the account was hacked and not sold with the orginal owners knowledge, after 2 months writing with the gm and playerauctions it was star clear im f***** i had no insurance on the buy i agree i had not BUT should i insure a buy for maybe buy a hacked account , playerauctions thinks that so in the end i lost a good load of money 400 dollars, and they say they taking actions against the seller strange he sold stuff last this day , complete bull$#*! i say and the seller is ignoring me to GG serious site NO, so playerauctions will not help me they support that the seller sell stolen accounts and i have to just watch on , i have provided so much proof and im still ***** in this case , yes im more than mad and they should know it

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Christoffer,

I was able to check on your order; I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had, but as per policy, we can only issue refunds if the order was purchased with insurance and if sufficient evidence was provided. Our help desk will continue to remain open if you have any questions or concerns about this; please write back to your ticket thread if ever.

tonyc310
3/31/19

I would highly discourage buying anything from this website because although it may look safe with insurance, the customer support service really does not serve much justice. I would suspect that there are many shady sellers as I was not the only one that have faced this issue. My current Warframe account is suspended due to a negative platinum (premium game currency) balance because one of the sellers was fraudulent (the seller either used wrong card information sourced the platinum illegally). If anything happens with the product or transaction of an item, they will most likely direct you to terms and services (which most people do not read before they go in), but here is my emphasis:

"6.3 - PlayerAuctions does not represent the Seller or the Buyer in specific transactions, nor does PlayerAuctions act as an agent for either Seller or Buyer. PlayerAuctions does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness, or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Site, the ability of Sellers to complete a sale, or the ability of Buyers to complete a purchase. Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with other Users acting under false pretenses. PlayerAuctions uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our Users provide to us when they register on the Site. However, because User verification on the Internet is complex and problematic, PlayerAuctions cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity. We encourage you to use the various tools available on the Site, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
6.4 - Assumption of Risks. Each User acknowledges that it is fully assuming all Transaction Risks when using the Site to conduct transactions, and that it is fully assuming the risks of liability or harm of any kind in connection with using the Site. Each User agrees that PlayerAuctions shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions, or expenditures of any kind that may arise as a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks."

Basically the two clauses are saying that "just do it on your own and if you get screwed, it's your fault." Playerauction is merely a platform for people to exchange, and does not insure anything. With these two clauses in the terms of services, it really does not justify buying anything from this platform.

I gave them substantial information and evidence to support my claim, but the customer support service gave me jack.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Tony,

We checked on your order and unfortunately, this cannot be covered by PlayerAuctions as the confiscation of the platinum was initiated by the game company. Moreover, we did not receive any evidence from you that points to the seller as the one at fault --- we would need that in order to validate your claim. Our doors are of course always open; If you are able to acquire proof that your seller was at fault for this, kindly send it to support@playerauctions.zendesk.com so our staff can take care of the case for you.

garethj13
3/27/19

These guys did a great job and the site offered great clarity for my purchase. Very precise and accurate listings and received my currency within 10 minutes of purchase. First time I've used these guys before and will be using them in the very near future again too!

Thanks guys!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Gareth. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed using our platform to get currency for your game. We're happy to have you on the site, and if you ever need help, just email us at support@playerauctions.zendesk.com. We hope you continue to enjoy using our website for your game trading needs! :)
jonathanp169
3/25/19

You can trust the site as a seller. I've never ran into a situation where I didn't get the money after I transferred the item I was selling (I've never sold an account on here). However, I've had to pay fees multiples times to get my account unlocked whenever I "fail to deliver in time." The burden of proof to determine whether or not it was the buyers fault falls on me. Even when it is the buyer's fault, I have still had to pay player auctions fees. They claim that the fees are intended to provide incentive to be a better seller and deliver in the time frame provided. However, I think if that were truly the case and they wanted buyers to go to them as the number one site where they would be guaranteed the delivery time stated on seller's offers then they would not pocket the money and instead give those fees to the buyer. I have verified that the buyers DO NOT get the fee I pay as a seller to unlock my account.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Jonathan,

Thank you for letting us know about your issue.

We always allow either party, as seller or as a buyer, to confirm his/her side of the deal. This means you won't have to wait for your buyer to confirm before you can confirm on the order. If you confirm first on the platform, the delivery guarantee expiration does not happen, and the only issue that may arise from this is if your buyer disputes your confirmation and tells us he/she was not able to receive the order—this shouldn't be a problem if you were able to deliver the order successfully. I highly recommend you click on the confirm button on the order page once you're able to deliver.

As for fees, buyers are also liable but in a different way. If they cancel the order before the delivery guarantee expires, the refund they get is deducted by the penalty fee for canceling an order. Inasmuch as the same way sellers are encouraged to complete the order in a timely manner, buyers are also encouraged to complete and see the order through, giving sellers an additional layer of guarantee that sales will be completed successfully.

Hope this explains the handshake process of transactions with regards to PlayerAuctions' efforts in mitigating incomplete and/or unsuccessful orders. If you have further questions, please email us anytime at support@playerauctions.zendesk.com, Jonathan.

raulv22
3/17/19

It is a very sketchy website, they offer insurance to protect the product you are purchasing but it doesn't matter in the end cause they just pocket that money and favor whoever they want to. I got scammed out of $500 when I purchased a Fortnite account. The seller recovered it back two weeks after the original transaction was made and I opened a dispute only to lose it the next day. Website only allows photos and screenshots for proof so it's hard to prove my account was taken. Despite the seller changing the name back to what it was before he sold the account. Never ever purchasing or selling anything on this dreadful website. Awful support.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Raul,

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your Fortnite account. For disputes and mediations, we require buyers to submit compelling proof and we need this even if insurance was purchased (shown here: https://i.imgur.com/xuvAhYo.png). We have this in place in order to make the process fair to the seller, as well as for us to validate claims by our users. As per our team, all options were already exhausted for this case and they even extended the submission/reply time for you; however, without conclusive proof, we cannot enact the refund.

If you have further questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with support@playerauctions.zendesk.com so we can assist you, Raul.

Richard

Just don't use their service. Trust me, you will save a lot of your nerves and time if you don't.

By Marko M.

You don't want to buy from them.

By Derek Y.

You got scammed! So did I. PlayerAuctions is nothing but a SCAM!!!

By T B.

Don't do business with this company, they stole my money after my account was recovered merely a month later -- I'll be reporting them to the BBB after tonight.

By Rob M.

For those wondering, he is trolling and being a smart-arse. This guy is actually one of their founders, apparently he doesn't like my honest review of their fraudulent company. Too bad.

By Rob M.

Maybe this will help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playerauctions Regardless they have terrible Customer Service. Their english is not proficient to be doing business in the US and their work ethic is just terrible. It's a shame that they show the stereotypical greed of chinese who just does it for money and doesn't care what gets in the way and cuts too many corners to be acceptable to be called "The world’s safest player to player trading marketplace for WOW Gold, Runescape Gold, Guild Wars 2 Gold, ArcheAge Gold, CS:GO items and much more."

By Derek Y.

Please email support@playerauctions.zendesk.com, include your username, the order ID, and some details/explanation about what happened. If you have proof of any kind, please include it as attachments so our team can investigate on it right away. Kindly write another question here if you need further help so I can assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience with this.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Hello Daniel. I am very sorry about this, but if our system finds out that there are discrepancies in your account, the payment options for that account would be limited. Rest assured that no funds will be taken out of your payment account with this. Kindly check your information and make sure they are accurate and up-to-date, then please try purchasing again at a later time and date. Sincere apologies, Daniel.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Hello Mikael. Could you please try accessing the site again on a different browser? It might have just been a temporary website server issue, and this might be sorted out already. If you continue to have problems with this, please take a screenshot of where there seems to be an issue, then send it along with your username to support@playerauctions.com.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Absolutely. As a buyer, your payment is secure with us and will not be released to the seller until you click confirm on our website, once you have decided that the item/gold/account that you bought is good and complete. If you find any problems with the sale, you may dispute it and if the sale you received is not as described, you will be issued a refund. As a seller, your payment will be released once buyer is satisfied with the sale, and this guarantees that you will receive payment as opposed to transacting blindly on the internet with someone you don't know. In the case of disputes, if you've proven that you were able to deliver the sale successfully and as described, you will get the payment. Please note that we enact the User Assumption of Risk as stated in the front page of our website, in that we cannot guarantee that all trades will be free from risks. However, by carefully securing your order and being wary of scamming attempts, together with our team's efforts to secure an order, this can be thoroughly mitigated. I can elaborate more if you'd like, just post another question, Sabrina.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Questions? Get answers from the PlayerAuctions staff and other customers.

PlayerAuctions?