Review of PlayerAuctions

Tel: 1-800-342-0768
support@playerauctions.com

peterm690
4/20/19

its been almost 2 weeks since I sold an account. The site says no fees but I was charged 13%. So after almost a week I see the funds in my MM wallet and my tickets were closed. I tried to cash out to my Paypal account and its been over a week since I made the request and nothing. I've opened several more tickets without a response.
I tried to message them with Twitter and FB messenger like one of the post sugested. but just get a auto response to open a ticket and message with Twitter or FB. Fun right.

Its been 2 weeks since i sold my account that i was playing for 3 years. you would think that for 13% they would at least respond.

and maybe disclose how they came up with 13% fee when there are no disclosures of that on their site.

okyanusk
4/15/19

I love it, amazing prices, very fast seller, I got my all time supplies on this website and I had no issues at all.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Okyanus! Glad you were able to get your purchase/s on a timely manner. :)
ryana142
4/15/19

Great variety of choice when it comes to buying in game gold. But paypal doesn't work! Apparently to do with their risk management. What's worse is that they don't tell you why. If it doesn't work altogether, then why put Paypal as an option.
If you don't have a credit card/bank account then the only other ways are to use bitcoin or skrill which are usually more costly than paypal.
Big disappointment, would have to look for other options

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am also sorry that your payment was declined; I'd like to offer an explanation why this is happening.

Our website has an anti-fraud security system that actively checks accounts for inconsistent or inaccurate information. When these are flagged, our system will have to decline payments as protection for users, as paying users need to have accurate information to confirm to risk management policies and standards. Your payment is never taken and in case it was captured by our system, it will be refunded to you automatically. But in case you don't have it yet, please contact support@playerauctions.zendesk.com and include the order ID—kindly state that you'd like to get a refund for this.

In case you have any more questions, you may send it to that same email as well.

argjendm
4/15/19

I would really recommend this site! They're professional at what they are doing. And the customer support? It's awesome! Fast replies and extremely understandable. Although you should be careful who are you buying from. Only buy from good reputable sellers since it is a trading site and you can get scammed - to blame this at the company isn't really a good reason since I saw a lot of bad reviews that had this as the main reason for giving a low rating. Other than that, amazing site!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Argjend, thank you for the well thought out and kind review. We totally agree—it's what our feedback system is for. Buyers are always free to choose which seller they will buy from based on pricing, reputation, and quality of service. And if anything happens, our team will be ready to provide any form of assistance. :)
frankt148
4/9/19

Everquest 1

Tomjone responded and delivered in-game currency (krono) immediately. Would do business with again.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thanks a lot, Frank! Happy to hear you were able to get your Kronos fast. Looking forward to seeing you more on the site! Have a good day. :)
oliverc62
4/7/19

Buying items is ok, buying accounts not sure.

Thanks guys!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
You're very welcome, Oliver. Thanks a lot for the positive vouch! We hope you continue to enjoy trading on the site. :)
christoffern
3/31/19

Buyed a account that was reduced in price for my buy of currency got insta revoked by GM , got the account no problems what so ever smooth and easy , less than 24 ours the account got banned and after a while "1 month" contacting the gm's i get a answer the account was hacked and not sold with the orginal owners knowledge, after 2 months writing with the gm and playerauctions it was star clear im f***** i had no insurance on the buy i agree i had not BUT should i insure a buy for maybe buy a hacked account , playerauctions thinks that so in the end i lost a good load of money 400 dollars, and they say they taking actions against the seller strange he sold stuff last this day , complete bull$#*! i say and the seller is ignoring me to GG serious site NO, so playerauctions will not help me they support that the seller sell stolen accounts and i have to just watch on , i have provided so much proof and im still ***** in this case , yes im more than mad and they should know it

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Christoffer,

I was able to check on your order; I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had, but as per policy, we can only issue refunds if the order was purchased with insurance and if sufficient evidence was provided. Our help desk will continue to remain open if you have any questions or concerns about this; please write back to your ticket thread if ever.

tonyc310
3/31/19

I would highly discourage buying anything from this website because although it may look safe with insurance, the customer support service really does not serve much justice. I would suspect that there are many shady sellers as I was not the only one that have faced this issue. My current Warframe account is suspended due to a negative platinum (premium game currency) balance because one of the sellers was fraudulent (the seller either used wrong card information sourced the platinum illegally). If anything happens with the product or transaction of an item, they will most likely direct you to terms and services (which most people do not read before they go in), but here is my emphasis:

"6.3 - PlayerAuctions does not represent the Seller or the Buyer in specific transactions, nor does PlayerAuctions act as an agent for either Seller or Buyer. PlayerAuctions does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness, or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Site, the ability of Sellers to complete a sale, or the ability of Buyers to complete a purchase. Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with other Users acting under false pretenses. PlayerAuctions uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our Users provide to us when they register on the Site. However, because User verification on the Internet is complex and problematic, PlayerAuctions cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity. We encourage you to use the various tools available on the Site, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
6.4 - Assumption of Risks. Each User acknowledges that it is fully assuming all Transaction Risks when using the Site to conduct transactions, and that it is fully assuming the risks of liability or harm of any kind in connection with using the Site. Each User agrees that PlayerAuctions shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions, or expenditures of any kind that may arise as a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks."

Basically the two clauses are saying that "just do it on your own and if you get screwed, it's your fault." Playerauction is merely a platform for people to exchange, and does not insure anything. With these two clauses in the terms of services, it really does not justify buying anything from this platform.

I gave them substantial information and evidence to support my claim, but the customer support service gave me jack.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Tony,

We checked on your order and unfortunately, this cannot be covered by PlayerAuctions as the confiscation of the platinum was initiated by the game company. Moreover, we did not receive any evidence from you that points to the seller as the one at fault --- we would need that in order to validate your claim. Our doors are of course always open; If you are able to acquire proof that your seller was at fault for this, kindly send it to support@playerauctions.zendesk.com so our staff can take care of the case for you.

garethj13
3/27/19

These guys did a great job and the site offered great clarity for my purchase. Very precise and accurate listings and received my currency within 10 minutes of purchase. First time I've used these guys before and will be using them in the very near future again too!

Thanks guys!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Gareth. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed using our platform to get currency for your game. We're happy to have you on the site, and if you ever need help, just email us at support@playerauctions.zendesk.com. We hope you continue to enjoy using our website for your game trading needs! :)
jonathanp169
3/25/19

You can trust the site as a seller. I've never ran into a situation where I didn't get the money after I transferred the item I was selling (I've never sold an account on here). However, I've had to pay fees multiples times to get my account unlocked whenever I "fail to deliver in time." The burden of proof to determine whether or not it was the buyers fault falls on me. Even when it is the buyer's fault, I have still had to pay player auctions fees. They claim that the fees are intended to provide incentive to be a better seller and deliver in the time frame provided. However, I think if that were truly the case and they wanted buyers to go to them as the number one site where they would be guaranteed the delivery time stated on seller's offers then they would not pocket the money and instead give those fees to the buyer. I have verified that the buyers DO NOT get the fee I pay as a seller to unlock my account.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Jonathan,

Thank you for letting us know about your issue.

We always allow either party, as seller or as a buyer, to confirm his/her side of the deal. This means you won't have to wait for your buyer to confirm before you can confirm on the order. If you confirm first on the platform, the delivery guarantee expiration does not happen, and the only issue that may arise from this is if your buyer disputes your confirmation and tells us he/she was not able to receive the order—this shouldn't be a problem if you were able to deliver the order successfully. I highly recommend you click on the confirm button on the order page once you're able to deliver.

As for fees, buyers are also liable but in a different way. If they cancel the order before the delivery guarantee expires, the refund they get is deducted by the penalty fee for canceling an order. Inasmuch as the same way sellers are encouraged to complete the order in a timely manner, buyers are also encouraged to complete and see the order through, giving sellers an additional layer of guarantee that sales will be completed successfully.

Hope this explains the handshake process of transactions with regards to PlayerAuctions' efforts in mitigating incomplete and/or unsuccessful orders. If you have further questions, please email us anytime at support@playerauctions.zendesk.com, Jonathan.

raulv22
3/17/19

It is a very sketchy website, they offer insurance to protect the product you are purchasing but it doesn't matter in the end cause they just pocket that money and favor whoever they want to. I got scammed out of $500 when I purchased a Fortnite account. The seller recovered it back two weeks after the original transaction was made and I opened a dispute only to lose it the next day. Website only allows photos and screenshots for proof so it's hard to prove my account was taken. Despite the seller changing the name back to what it was before he sold the account. Never ever purchasing or selling anything on this dreadful website. Awful support.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Raul,

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your Fortnite account. For disputes and mediations, we require buyers to submit compelling proof and we need this even if insurance was purchased (shown here: https://i.imgur.com/xuvAhYo.png). We have this in place in order to make the process fair to the seller, as well as for us to validate claims by our users. As per our team, all options were already exhausted for this case and they even extended the submission/reply time for you; however, without conclusive proof, we cannot enact the refund.

If you have further questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with support@playerauctions.zendesk.com so we can assist you, Raul.

mathisd5
3/13/19

Nice website with full refund and fast delivery, I use to sell my accounts on it. You can buy with PayPal ans Skrill.

Tip for consumers: Buy with bitcoins for less fees.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Mathis, thanks so much for the wonderful review and tip for the users! :)
anthonye80
3/13/19

Extremely quick delivery. Gave bonus gold and came to me in game. Very satisfied with my purchase. Will very much consider using this seller again if I ever need to.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Anthony. Thank you so much for updating us with your order, and thanks as well for the nice review! We would be very happy to have you again. :)
alexeys30
3/13/19

I've been using Playerauctions for just over a year as a seller, During this time I have more than 900 successful transactions, Accounts are not gathering dust compared to another marketplaces, Instant delivery saves my time, Secure payment saves my nerves, All that you need you can find here, Highly recommended to everyone!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Alexey. Thank you so much for the kind and awesome review! We're super stoked to see your very high feedback rating and the huge amount of orders you have gone through. We wish you all the best! :)
ayrtonx
3/4/19

Safe,reliable and secure! Love the site and best online wide-range offers! Thank you :) No kind of problem so far.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thanks a lot for the kind review, Ayrton! And you're very welcome. :)
travism121
2/25/19

Transactions are always, quick, easy to use, and above all else safe Easy interactions through the on site messaging system between buyer and seller.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thanks so much for the kind review, Travis. We're happy to hear that you're able to take advantage of our on-site messaging system. Have a good day ahead! :)
martyna1
2/24/19

My username on Playerauctions is Kojrio, since the beginning of this year I have been attempting to use Playerauctions as a way of purchasing a legitimate account I can start playing OSRS on again. This has been one of the most difficult and frustrating online retail experiences I think I have ever come across!

Firstly, I tried to purchase an account for around $50. (Order Number #4485698) After almost 24 hours of waiting, I had to cancel the order because the payment would not authorise. I was told I would receive a refund within 2-3 business days however a week later I still had not received it so I had to get in touch with Playerauctions support who were very slow to respond. (Support ID #196475)

Once my refund came through, I once again attempted to purchase an account, this time for around $140. Because this second attempt was more expensive I also bought a year's insurance for the account (Which I now realise is part of the scam), because it seemed almost too good of a price to be true. (Order #53898)

Now Playerauctions claims that whenever someone tries to sell an account, they will verify the account information to ensure that when you buy an account, you receive the correct login details. This did not happen, because when I purchased an account from user 'Stamnova', I was immediately sent incorrect login details. (Support ID #194782)

The seller did not respond to my messages, so before I had even received the account, I had to raise a dispute. This also meant I was prevented from raising another dispute down the line but we will get to that. As soon as I had raised it, the seller 'Stamnova' instantly comes online, and gives me a different password which was NOT provided or verified by playerauctions. The Seller did not provide any account recovery information, and claimed that he made accounts purely to sell so there was no need.

I was a little hesitant at this point, but considering 'Stamnova' had a decent level of positive feedback I decided to trust him and move forward with the purchase as after all, I had purchased playerauctions account insurance.

Now it was around a month after when one morning I go to login to my recently purchased account and the password is coming up as incorrect. I go to my email inbox and I see that someone requested to change the password, and then managed to recover the account back from me. Straight away I went to Playerauctions to contact the seller regarding this matter, only to find that he has deleted his profile/account from Playerauctions, leaving me no way to contact him.

Despite the fact the seller did not provide me with any recovery information, I still tried to recover the account back, which was obviously denied by Jagex. I contacted Playerauctions several times on this day, and the days following, only to receive generic copy-and-paste responses. I was also not provided with any sort of specific reason or investigation into why it was ruled in favour of the seller, or what kind of evidence I could provide on top of what I had already submitted, it really felt like they are just trying to get rid of me.(Support ID #208730 and Support ID #208587)

After sending half a dozen support tickets over the course of a week I was finally given a response, I provided all of the evidence that they ask for in their FAQs, but a few days later the case was closed and ruled in favour of the seller whose account has been removed from the website since the day the account I purchased was recovered.

I am shocked and stunned at how this has been treated, not only have I been scammed out of $140, I have lost all of the time and money I put into that account in the 4 weeks it was in my possession.

I purchased insurance at an extra cost to hopefully avoid this sort of scenario, however it did not make the slightest of differences.

My word to any of you who are thinking of buying an OSRS account from this website, DO NOT DO IT. You are much more likely to be scammed, even by supposedly 'trusted' sellers, and when you do, playerauctions will rule in favour of the scammers!

As far as I can see, this website is providing the means for those who wish to scam people out of their hard-earned cash, which makes playerauctions as bad as the scammers that use it.

Let my losses be a lesson to you all, I went through all of this hell so you do not have to.

callumw16
2/21/19

Very nice and simple website to conduct trades between players, have not had a problem to which if I did there are safety measures to this.

As good as a marketplace can be.

Tip for consumers: Look at reviews of the seller, this is a marketplace afterall with less restrictions on the items so there are possible scammers but thats not on the company that runs this website however they do offer safety measures against this.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you so much for the nice and kind review, Callum. We encourage users to view user feedback so they will be guided when it comes to which sellers to pick for offers; thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on that! Have a good weekend soon!
jeremyp107
2/21/19

Really glad they solve the problem I would of loved it if they didnt take so long to solve it but is okay thanks allot really apreciated it

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Thank you for your review and understanding, Jeremy. We receive a lot of requests on a daily basis and our tickets can sometimes can get clogged up. We'll charge this to experience and be diligent with future tickets. Have a good day ahead!
richardl591
2/20/19

2 days ago I sold an account on this site. Someone placed an order for my account, so I contacted the buyer if he would be okay if I changed the price due to high commission(20$) and he agreed, so we cancelled the order and placed a new one. Everything went smooth until I realized they took an extra commission from cancelled order 15$, so that's 35$ for nothing. I wrote them an email and their response was that they can't remove my negative balance. So I wouldn't recommend this site for people who want to sell their accounts.

elbann
2/11/19

I've used PA a couple years ago and it worked fine for me. I tried to connect today and my malwarebytes says the site is blocked due to malware. So I read on the malwarebytes forum to find out it's not really a malware but that site is blocked because they sell accounts (which honestly is a dumb reason to block a site).

So anyways, I decided to whitelist playerauctions website on my malwarebytes. When I tried to go on their website now my Kaspersky said that the certificates were not trusted and asked me a confirmation to proceed.

At this point I declined, this is a real issue and this needs to be fixed. Why are your certificates not valid? I will not use PA as long this is not fixed. If a person from PA would please take time to answer me here that would be greatly appreciated as I really want to use your website again, but I won't until this is fixed.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Elban,

We have thoroughly consulted our tech team about this and our website should be good to go. The certificates on our site that you mentioned are all in order. You should be completely safe using our platform, as thousands who have already logged in for the past few days and hours.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns by using the Q&A form here in SiteJabber.

cristinan20
2/5/19

He comprado muchas cosas en esta pagina y es super seguro siempre todo bien y muy rapido encantado con ellos volvere a comprar

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Cristina. Thank you very much for the kind and positive review! We're very happy to hear that our platform is able to provide you with your gaming needs. :)
didiers1
1/31/19

They Decilned the payment i was always using. and after a week i got my money back but not the whol -20% because transaction. This is a Big Scam. dont buy anithing there

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Didier,

We looked into your order and found out that the full amount was successfully refunded to you. If there were any deductions, it was due to because of Skrill/MoneyBooker's handling fee --- this amount is not with us, and is most certainly not in the 20% range which is too big. Please get in touch with support@playerauctions.zendesk.com if you have more questions or concerns.

Best,
adamr185
1/28/19

Safe and the chances of getting banned are basically 0. They work very quickly and just like Ebay sellers get rating so just go for the most 5 stars and you will be fine.

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello, Adam. Thank you so much for the positive review! Indeed, that is what your feedback system is for. You'll also find that the majority of our sellers have their image and quality of service to uphold so in the end, everyone wins. :D
shaneg62
1/26/19

Well, thanks to this good support i received i realized that the problem was because of my PayPal account so i fixed it and by the help i received from this support team by resending my disbursements time, i got the money sent successfully it's a really amazing, quick and trusted website and a really helpful support!

Response from Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Hello Shane, thank you so much for updating us and posting a follow-up review. We're very happy to hear about this, and sorry again for the trouble you had with your PayPal account. Contact us anytime if you need help --- and as an additional line of support, you may use the Q&A form here if you have any questions. Have a great week ahead, Shane! :)

Just don't use their service. Trust me, you will save a lot of your nerves and time if you don't.

By Marko M.

You don't want to buy from them.

By Derek Y.

You got scammed! So did I. PlayerAuctions is nothing but a SCAM!!!

By T B.

Don't do business with this company, they stole my money after my account was recovered merely a month later -- I'll be reporting them to the BBB after tonight.

By Rob M.

For those wondering, he is trolling and being a smart-arse. This guy is actually one of their founders, apparently he doesn't like my honest review of their fraudulent company. Too bad.

By Rob M.

Maybe this will help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playerauctions Regardless they have terrible Customer Service. Their english is not proficient to be doing business in the US and their work ethic is just terrible. It's a shame that they show the stereotypical greed of chinese who just does it for money and doesn't care what gets in the way and cuts too many corners to be acceptable to be called "The world’s safest player to player trading marketplace for WOW Gold, Runescape Gold, Guild Wars 2 Gold, ArcheAge Gold, CS:GO items and much more."

By Derek Y.

Please email support@playerauctions.zendesk.com, include your username, the order ID, and some details/explanation about what happened. If you have proof of any kind, please include it as attachments so our team can investigate on it right away. Kindly write another question here if you need further help so I can assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience with this.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Hello Daniel. I am very sorry about this, but if our system finds out that there are discrepancies in your account, the payment options for that account would be limited. Rest assured that no funds will be taken out of your payment account with this. Kindly check your information and make sure they are accurate and up-to-date, then please try purchasing again at a later time and date. Sincere apologies, Daniel.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Hello Mikael. Could you please try accessing the site again on a different browser? It might have just been a temporary website server issue, and this might be sorted out already. If you continue to have problems with this, please take a screenshot of where there seems to be an issue, then send it along with your username to support@playerauctions.com.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative

Absolutely. As a buyer, your payment is secure with us and will not be released to the seller until you click confirm on our website, once you have decided that the item/gold/account that you bought is good and complete. If you find any problems with the sale, you may dispute it and if the sale you received is not as described, you will be issued a refund. As a seller, your payment will be released once buyer is satisfied with the sale, and this guarantees that you will receive payment as opposed to transacting blindly on the internet with someone you don't know. In the case of disputes, if you've proven that you were able to deliver the sale successfully and as described, you will get the payment. Please note that we enact the User Assumption of Risk as stated in the front page of our website, in that we cannot guarantee that all trades will be free from risks. However, by carefully securing your order and being wary of scamming attempts, together with our team's efforts to secure an order, this can be thoroughly mitigated. I can elaborate more if you'd like, just post another question, Sabrina.

By Support T., PlayerAuctions Representative
Questions? Get answers from the PlayerAuctions staff and other customers.

PlayerAuctions?