Review of QS Supplies

LE5
Tel: 0116 251 0051

terrys379
6/6/19

****WARNING****Please do not buy from this company. We paid over £200 for a bathroom mirror cabbinet and within 25 months the mirror just fell off the cabinet door, broke into many large shards of glass and caused significant damage in my bathroom. More to the point if someone would have been sitting on the toilet they would have been cut to pieces and most likely killed. Upon making a complaint and request for a refund I was fobbed off with the supplier saying its outside warranty with no recognition of the fact the cabinet is a breach of contract as it is clearly not fit for purpose as required by the Sale of Goods Act 2015. I will now be taking this matter to the consumer ombudsman and court if required.

rachels363
4/7/19

I can't explain how dreadful this company is. I ordered some items and
after they didn't turn up on the date agreed I called them to find out
what was happening. They said the items would turn up in a week or so.
Therefore I cancelled the order and used another supplier as I had a
plumber booked for a specific date. When I got the refund (weeks later)
it was much less than I had expected. I asked for a breakdown of the
bill and was told 'it wasn't company policy to provide this'. What? So I
pushed harder and eventually got a breakdown. The refund was for 3
items rather than 4. I explained several times that I couldn't have the
4th item as none of them arrived! They wouldn't have this and have
refused to issue a full refund. Upon closer research it appears that I
am certainly not the only person experiencing issues so I will be taking
legal action and informing trading standards about QS Supplies. Also, I
am told most of the positive reviews on this site are written by their
staff (ask yourself which company only have 5 star and 1 star
reviews?!). Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of them.

antonyb32
2/1/19

Had a bath delivered, got a plumber a week later to fit, all inspected before hand fitted Thursday evening, fill with water and silicone around bath and 20 minutes later bath split opened and flooded bathroom. QS not interested, blame supplier only giving 3 days to inform of defects etc. Obviously oblivious to Consumer Rights Act 2015 which state's my contract is with them not the supplier and under this act I am entitled to a full refund within 30 Days. So now off to the courts to claim Bath flooring and refitting new bath,VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU IF YOU DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! THEY HAVE REFUSED A REFUND THAT IS WHY I HAVE PUT OVER 14 DAYS AND IT WAS NOT DELIVERED DAMAGE. ''FAULTY GOODS''

annm403
8/17/18

Ordered a bath for £1774 which was a little cheaper than other suppliers. Was told delivery was today. I was told I would be contacted for delivery arrangements, but no call. Called at 2pm and was assured delivery before 5pm. Called at 4.35pm to ask where it was because I was aware they close at 5pm. No phone call from QS or their delivery driver. Now they're closed until Monday. I have taken a day off for this, and it seems that I will be asked to take another day off to receive this bath losing two days wages. I shall be cancelling this order via the protection of credit card and placing the order elsewhere. Appalling.

emmah119
5/18/18

We ordered an expensive sink from QS supplies, which came damaged (a corner was bent, so won't sit flush to the worktop), which they refused to replace. QS Supplies won't take any responsibility and had the audacity to try and claim that we damaged the sink! Looking on ebay - there are loads that are bent, so this is a manufacturing problem, (do not buy an Astracast sink!!) and certainly something we did not do. They are in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and still refuse to replace/refund/repair the sink. Looking at previous reviews, this seems to be a common problem with QS Supplies - something I wish I researched into before placing an order with them. Terrible customer service. Will never, ever, buy from QS Supplies again.

alanm174
4/27/18

Always fast shipping and good service, highly recommend Prompt delivery, free shipping and unbeatable prices, what more you can ask for.

danielh225
4/27/18

1st time buying from them, a very hassle free process. Good experience indeed and best price compared to local retailer

laurencew13
3/15/18

I placed an order for a bath, bath panel and bath waste, however, the wrong bath was delivered so I arranged for the items to be uplifted for a refund.

The first uplift did not take place as they did not provide sufficient time to allow me to arrange for someone to be in the property. i.e. I received less than 24 hours notice

As I received no information regarding any further uplifts, and no paperwork was provided by the driver, I was unaware which items were to be uplifted during the subsequent uplift. However, the driver chose to uplift all three items at the same time.

Several weeks later, I received a credit for only one of the items (the bath) When I enquired about the credit for the other 2 items (the bath panel and waste) I was told that these had not arrived back in their depot.

QS Supplies have advised that I should have been given an uplift note from the driver detailing what should have been uplifted and that this would require to be signed by me at the time of the uplift. I can't recall any paperwork being shown to me at the time of uplift and have requested QS Supplies to provide me with a copy of this but they have failed to do so.

I have expressed on several occasions that I cannot be held responsible for the failure of the driver or the warehouse staff in identifying what happened to the items after they were uplifted from me.

However, QS Supplies have advised that nothing further can be done.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! DO NOT DEAL WITh THIS COMPANY

andrewh213
3/9/18

Horrific. They still owe me £300 from a non-delivery and an accepted cancellation made 10 minutes after purchase in October. Having promised to refund me, they haven't even responded to e-mails since November - it is now March. Do not buy from them

nickc77
3/5/18
• Updated review

I have tried to warn everyone about QS Supplies reputation. Some disgrunttled customers date back by some years, but customers are not reading their Reviews prior to buying, then afterwards, wishing they hadn't bought from them, (like so many).
The reviews are there to help you make the right decision for your project. Good luck if you ignore this advice !

“A Company to Avoid”
12/16/17
• Previous review

If anyone is looking to buy a Bathroom suite online, then I recommend that you DON'T buy it from QS Online. https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/. I ordered a Full Bathroom Suite 10 days before the work was to start.
The order was for: Bath, shower screen, thermostat mixer with overhead + hand held spray, bath popup waste, toilet & basin vanity units + toilet, mixer taps.
The order cost was £1160.00. The order came via Three separate delivery times, then after waiting for 10days, the last delivery came MINUS the Toilet !! received an email the same day saying the toilet was out of stock but an alternative one was available, (great) but "No" was then told, it would take another 14days to arrive, so I went on eBay and got the exact same toilet for 33% less and it was delivered the very next day. The popup waste for the Bath was the wrong type and could not be used, so I had to buy another one @ £18. I then asked for a refund for the toilet which cost £101.98. (Ha), that was a joke, they paid back just £30, then, I had to send them 3 emails demanding the full payment to be returned, a few days later, I then received a payment for £54.98 still £17 short of what I paid them. I wished now I had Not Bought from these people. I am now £37.00 out of pocket plus a packet of pills. A Lesson Learned !!!

mintoop1
2/14/18

I have used this company for huge order and I really dont think their staff is well trained at all.
Never experienced my order gone through on 1st time without adding more cost on post and packing or always some other issues.
I will not use this company ever again and dont recommend to anyone either.

gordong33
1/28/18

The prices from QS seemed competitive but I really wish I had bought from anywhere else. I spent over £2,200 but then had over two months trying to deal with failed deliveries, broken items being delivered, responsibility denied, re-ordering, chasing up refunds etc. My installer left, the whole project ground to a halt. In the end I had to order a toilet from elsewhere and hand over 40+ pages of emails to my credit card company to raise a disputed transaction. This has been an incredibly frustrating company to deal with - you cannot telephone product support, managers will not come to the phone, etc. I have been without a bathroom for 3 months so far and am down nearly £700 as a direct result of choosing QS supplies.
As a result or now reading so many other negative reviews of QS I will follow the advice to also contact Citizens Advice/Trading Standards.

andrewk121
9/21/17

The worst company to deal witch ever!!!
Placed the order six weeks ago with up to five days delivery time.
Pallet was lost somewhere no help from costumer service.After two weeks I cancelled the order and bought from Victoria plumbing next day delivery.
I contacted costumer service for refund and they says will do the refund in two -three weeks.After a month no news nothing still fighting for my money. Worst experience I ever ...Never again
Order nb 1264901

bokmunc
7/22/17

The title above says it all, attracted by the website which was clear and easy to find products, the prices seemed pretty good. So hence went to order and pay for 2 complete bathroom sets. now after 3 weeks when they have promised a 14 day delivery an email comes to say one item will arrive in another 3 weeks. Next day another email arrives to say they have another problem with another item which will be coming in 4 weeks. They list delivery times which are not reliable and if you buy from here be aware of this and you will be fine.

chrystali
5/17/17

Don't bother shopping with this company. Why? I did buy a shower set from them, it did show up, however it was missing the shower head.

So I wish I could say I then went out and bought a shower head, but in the end I had to buy a whole new set instead. You are definitely better off using another company.

Before I made this decision it took 14 days for it to arrive after paying for 3-5 days delivery, even after calling their customer service.

Then I have messaged them about my problem and obviously they still haven't responded.

johnb830
3/27/17

This has to be one of the worst customer experiences I've had in years.

I spent £2k with this terrible company. Most of the items arrived without issue but when it went wrong, it went really wrong and their lack of care is quite extraordinary.

One item was shown as in stock but actually took nearly two months to arrive. I called to chase and promises were made about it being in next week. It wasn't. I called again and same promise, and on and on. You get the idea...I came to the conclusion that they're guessing and/or lying.

One item they sent was incorrect. They actually sold me the incorrect item and I had to point this out to them (bathroom experts, they are not!). They have a company policy (which they will under no circumstances be flexible with) and insist on collecting an incorrect item before replacing. They point blank refuse to exchange on the same day. They do not make life easy.

I took a day off and waited all day for the item to be collected. I then waited a month for the correct item to be sent. As with the other item I was waiting for, lots of promises that it would be with me in the next few days or next week, but it never was.

Today, I have received the replacement for the incorrect item. I have waited a month. And today, the same item that I returned has arrived again. Yes, really. This completely inept company have returned the same incorrect item to me, making me wait a month in the process.

The item in question costs £30. And yes, you've guessed it, they're making me go through the whole process again.

When you call, they refuse to get involved, saying that they are sales and that you must email for service aftersales. When you email, the response will mostly be a standard template email.

This company do not care. This company are incompetent. Some of their prices are low and some aren't. Be prepared for the most awful service. You have been warned!

If anyone would like to see the ridiculous email trail I have had with this company, I will be posting it online in as many review sites as I can using the same title as above.

sams126
1/27/14

The company claims on it's website to provide outstanding service.
Ordered a mirrored cabinet on-line 27 Nov 13. No correspondence to say when it might arrive. The wrong cabinet arrived 3 Dec 13 and I immediately requested a replacement or refund. Was told I had to e-mail their support team and there then ensued a lengthy correspondence where despite me pulling images and references direct from their website, they were adamant it was not the wrong cabinet. They eventually gave in and uplifted it on 23 Dec 13 but I am now pursuing them for my money back without any joy. By far the worst company I have ever dealt with!
Never again. Be warned!

neild4
5/14/12

I ordered some shower heads on 26th of April for a job I was starting on 8th of May. When the delivery did not arrive, I emailed QS 'support' address to enquire but received no reply. I followed this up with a call and spoke to an extremely unhelpful person who said the delivery will arrive on Wednesday 9th of May.
When nothing arrived on Wednesday, I called again to be told that the the delivery was sent to Scotland (?!!!) by mistake and that I will definitely receive it on Thursday 10th May.
Unsurprisingly, nothing arrived on Thursday and after another unhelpful phone call, I was told it will arrive on Friday.
Friday arrived with yet no sign of a delivery, I called again and spoke to Des who said that the shower heads were never dispatched at all (he didn't know why) but he can dispatch them immediately for guaranteed delivery on Monday 14th of May.
I said it was too late and requested a refund. I was told to email support@qssupplies.co.uk to request the refund which I did. Because I previously had no reply from that address, I also copied in sales@qssupplies.co.uk and myself.
I did not received a reply or a refund and when I called again today, I spoke to the most unprofessional person I have ever had to deal with who said that I was wasting my time and will never receive a refund. He said no emails were ever received from me and refused to let me speak to anyone else. He made insulting noises over the telephone and mocked me when I said I could not believe how he was speaking to me.
This person's name was Zane. He said he was in charge and refused to give me his surname.
Do not use this company!

paulh30
9/23/11

blatant liars,rude,unhelpfull,was a big mistake being caught by their nice web site,i called hotline to check items in stock was assured they were and delivery promised 2-3 days,paid with debit card over phone,no email reciept/conformation recieved,called again,still no conformation,money had been taken from my account so assumed order was in transit,how wrong was i,still waiting,trying to get refund,call them and they just GRUNT at you .please AVOID!!!!

mandyt
4/28/11

Online service appears straighforward, no goods delievered when expected, on chasing via phone you get to speak to the rudest, most ignorant sales staff ever lived!!! When goods turn up half missing, im told I can't request a refund over the phone I have to email. Upon emailing, an array of rude, obnoxious emails flurry through from QS staff, where Im told good have been sent and I have to wait for them...lovely! Wait how long i wonder, hmmmmm??? On top of that, if i choose to return any items due to late delivery then I have to pay postage and this is not refunded !!! Appalling service.

Worst bathroom & diy online store I have ever come across in a million years, don't be fooled by the seemingly nice look of the website...its all a farce!!!!! You have been warned.

Questions? Get answers from the QS Supplies staff and other customers.

3 Photos for QS Supplies