Review of PrepaidZero

PrepaidZero reviews

Amsterdam, 7 1068, NL

kayl100
10/4/18

I recently went to London from US. Bought the prepaidzero UK+Europe 12GB data SIM card and added cash on the card for talk/text. I was told it was compatible with my galaxy s5. When I put the sim card in my phone, my phone just said it didn't recognize the card and wouldn't do anything even through wifi. I bought it mostly for data so I could use GPS but thank goodness my daughter had a phone that worked. I couldn't contact prepaidzero until I returned as my phone wouldn't do anything and was told since I was already back there was nothing they could do. After many emails, I did receive a refund for the cash balance on my card for talk/text. It was a very frustrating experience during my vacation. I wouldn't recommend.

pieterm16
7/5/18

Ik heb de simkaart een week voor ik naar Amerika vertrok gekocht. Omdat ik het nogal krap vond en ik zeker wou zijn dat ik de simkaart enkele dagen voor mijn vertrek zou hebben had ik bij de levering de optie "express delivery (1-2 business days)" aangeduid. Dit was ongeveer 17 extra. Echter na 4 dagen had ik de simkaart nog steeds niet ontvangen (er zat 1 weekend dag tussen). De track & trace link gaf sinds het begin aan dat het pakketje zich in Amsterdam bevond.
Ik heb de customer service op dag 4 gecontacteerd met de vraag hoe dit kan. Ik kreeg snel antwoord en mij werd verteld dat hij een dag geleden verzonden was en dat hij over één of twee dagen zou aankomen. Twee dagen later was hij nog steeds niet aangekomen en de track & trace gaf nog steeds aan dat hij in Amsterdam was!? Ik heb de customer service nogmaals gecontacteerd maar heb geen antwoord gekregen. Hij is tot op de dag van vandaag niet aangekomen en ik heb er niks meer van gehoord. Ik vind dit schandalig en het was een zeer dure flater. Ik voel me opgelicht.

ellenm81
4/11/18

Toen we de simcard kochten werden we vriendelijk geholpen, echter in Amerika aangekomen werkte de kaart niet! Diverse keren geprobeerd contact te leggen maar dat is nooit meer gelukt. Ook op emails na de vakantie is nooit meer gereageerd. Dus jammer geld weg. Advice, buy in America in Wallmarkt a cheap phone an simcard an you have perfect contact, price total 70 euro

svena7
4/1/18

The USA unlimited product that we used was very good.
Always 4G in Miami and the rest of Florida.

Really recommend it for internet in the USA.

isabellag13
12/26/17

I did a road trip in South-Africa. I was very glad that I could use the sim card. It is very easy to use. The reception was very good. I would definitely recommend buying this!

menod
11/27/17

Used a T-Mobile + AT&T sim card from Prepaidzero during my holiday.
Worked perfectly during the trip from the beginning. Will use them again for my next trip to the States!

angeliquep4
11/20/17

Prepaidzero phone card.Terrible service!Paid 45 Euro for a USA4gb simcard that didnt work.We had e-mail contact to find out why it didnt work the way its supposed to work.When I came back from my vacation at USA I wanted my money back.But no one is responding to my e-mails now.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Support had been in contact with you about this report a few weeks ago.

Regards,
Prepaidzero support
jeroenw9
10/23/17

Ordered two T-Mobile SIMs which were labeled as usable in US, Canada and Mexico for a trip through Canada. Both SIMs were activated according to the instructions, only one received a phone number.
Neither SIMcard had ANY data whatsoever. Support told us once to 'enable roaming' and simply mailed a PDF with the instructions we already had, to no avail of course. Requested a refund but all communication was ignored.
The phone is never answered. Our tickets were closed without any confirmation or even a reply. Bad, bad service and a waste of money, effectively inditinguishable from a scam.

Tip for consumers: AVOID. Wish I had noticed the huge amount of 1-star reviews sooner.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Dear Jeroen W,

The mentioned sim card subscription had a lot of technical issues until November 2017.
We can confirm that the provider has been replaced in the mean time, so such issues should no longer occur with our current USA sim cards.
If there were any unresolved tickets/issues you may contact us again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
kriss133
10/4/17

I was going to USA for a week and bought a SIM card from PrepaidZero in order to keep up with my mail and manage work remotely. I suspected something wasn't right when I got the card and the instructions said I had to enable roaming!? The entire idea was to NOT have to use roaming. As it turns out the card I got was actually Israeli! And when I used it in my Samsung Galaxy S7 I never got better than H+ (no 3g or 4g or lte) which just wasn't working. I ended up paying for a roaming deal with my normal carrier instead and got 4G right away.
Not worth the gamble.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Dear Kris S,

Data roaming needs to be enabled for technical purposes only.
There will be no extra charges when using data roaming with our sim cards.
Also the sim card that you purchased is a sim card up to 3G speed (H+ is a form of high speed 3G)
From our side everything is correct.

Regards,
Prepaidzero support
patriciav46
8/10/17

After looking at a lot of sim card website for my trip to spain, i decided to order with prepaid zero.
I am not the best when it comes to technical things, bit it was quite easy to use the sim card.

Would use again.

petran3
8/5/17

Helaas had ik buiten LA geen ontvangst; ik reed de route LA-Grand Canyon-Monument Valley-Mesa Verde-Rocky Mountains-Arches NP-Lake Powell-Zion NP-Death Valley-Yosemite NP-Highway 1 ... nergens ontvangst! Dure tegenvaller (ZTE MF65 + T-Mobile 3GB)! Gelukkig had ik nog een simkaart van de concurentie) in mijn mobieltje, en die deed het (tot mijn grote verbazing) overal.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Bedankt voor uw reactie. E.e.a. is afhankelijk van de dekking van het T-Mobile netwerk, waar Prepaidzero helaas geen invloed op heeft.
Hierbij de dekkingskaart voor T-Mobile: https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

Wij adviseren voor het betreffende gebied het AT&T netwerk.
Zie: https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html
josephr136
7/29/17

The company never sent the SIM Card. I mean not ever. Wasn't received before I left, and wasn't in the mail when I returned.

cathyp39
7/28/17

It is sad that you cannot increase the data unless you have a British credit card. I never could figure out how to text using the app, so unless you are calling people don't pay for that feature.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Thank you for your response. From our own top up page you can recharge with any credit card / PayPal:
www.prepaidzero.com/topup

Our apologies if this wasn't clear.
(When you top up through the local provider directly, they may have such limitations indeed)
graemes9
7/17/17

We used the prepaid card to power the Google maps every day for 2 months.
Very reliable , never missed a beat.

jeanp115
7/13/17

Very convenient sim card that worked for us in France, Germany, UK and Italy. Internet service was automatically available in each country at 3G speeds.

edv40
7/11/17

I bought a complete set Mifi with 12gb simcard for the month of June. I received the set in Holland, but couldn't test it in Holland because otherwise the simcard will be activeted.
The lady of the support service, told me It is easy, "when you arrive in LA and put the Mifi on, it will work Immmediately" ???< However nothing worked !!!!!. and I had to log in and activate my simcard ? I did and the system informed me to wait for 8-till 36 hours ????

I couldn't log in , as my Android phone didn't regognize the MIFI ?? than the coverage in the US very very bad mostely 2/3 of the 4 weeks "no Signal" and when there was a signal only 2G and in LA and Las vegas 3G........

Afetr be back to Holland, I worte a complaint letter on 2-7-2017 and now 11-7-2017 no any reply ????

Oh, I tried to call them while I was in US, no reply only answering machines......

Bad product bad service ....

Ed van Wankum

nc60
7/7/17

I see other people having problem with texting like us . What is this "company"doing ?? The answers to the questions seem to be just sorry ... but your problem never gets solved ! What a waste of time and money !

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Thank you for your comment. I can confirm that the texting issue was resolved for both of your sim cards.
Our apologies for the inconvenience. For further queries you may contact our support by email.
arthurv13
7/3/17

I bought a prepaidzoro simcard for internetconnection. 3 GB. I got only 2g internet in different states (california, new york, also in the big cities). It worked, but very slow. Paid 30 euro for 3 GB, used only 50 MB in three weeks because of the slow internet. Could not get 3G orr 4G, although I tried several times. Did'nt get an answer from prepaid zero. Very Bad!

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Thank you for your comment. Our AT&T sim cards work on 2G/3G speed. We do have T-Mobile sim cards that work on 4G/LTE, which offer a higher speed.
See: https://www.prepaidzero.com/product/usa-tmobile-4gb-or-unlimited/
guillaumeb15
6/25/17

Don't trust them. I bough I all Europe SIM card with 2 go data and 30 euro of call and text. I tried to call an ambulances and the police in Paris during a terroristed threat. (I learned later that it was just teenagers with firework who caused a panic) Never worked.

Ho yeah, but the data worked ! Seriously, what's the purpose of buying a sim card when you can't use it in the most needed moment !!!

ypd
6/6/17

Een fijn klein en eenvoudig apparaat. Ik heb hem gekocht voor een reis van 2 weken naar Kroatië om mijn autonavigatie live verkeersproblemen te laten omzeilen. Ook 2 smartphones en een iPad werden regelmatig aangesloten. De SIM kaart gaat veel langer mee dan verwacht. We zijn nu een maand terug en gebruiken het nog dagelijks in de auto en op de camping.

sm1069
6/5/17

Worked better in the UK, very slow coverage in the Netherlands. Had to switch around the mobile network constantly to source a workable speed eventually settling on Tele 2.

alvink14
6/3/17

The card arrived timely in Singapore and worked well in France and Belgium.

However, when I was attempting to top up, I had to give a UK address which I do not have as I was holidaying in Europe.

I ended up not having data for the last two days of my holiday.

michaely50
5/30/17

The only thing they proved to be good at was taking my money. Bought 2 SIMs for Germany. Texting never worked. Data was spotty and slow at best. Calls were unintelligible and dropped constantly. 2 requests for help were ignored.
If you go with this company you are wasting your money.

pattyo5
5/25/17

I bought a card for Italy. Got a UK number, which was OK. But, I could not call another UK number, altho I could call other numbers. Tried to call for support, no luck. Repeated emails went unanswered. A total waste of my money, since I needed to call or text another UK number. I would never do business with them again.

Response from Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative
Dear Patty,
Calling UK numbers should be working fine. Such issues can also be related to the receiving end user and need to be checked at on a case by case base.
Our apologies if this wasn't investigated in a proper manner.
davidc527
5/15/17

I asked for a sim card for Paris France. I asked for instructions in English. So they gave me a UK phone number. Then my buddy there in Paris couldn't call me without incurring extra charges. And my calls to him cost .25 EU per minute, which is too high.

Hi Helen Hayes, Thank you for contacting us. When you get the message "sim not valid" it typically happens because the phone is not unlocked. It will then mark the sim as "not valid" because your device only works with your own provider from which the phone was supplied. In such cases it's best to contact your regular provider to see if they can help you removing the network lock. If the phone is already unlocked, please let us know through customer support and we'll go further from there.

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

Hi, for use in both France and Spain we can recommend our Mini-Europe sim card: https://www.prepaidzero.com/product/mini-europe-3-gb-prepaid-sim-card/ It's a single sim card that works in both countries.

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

Hi, the available Europe sim cards can be found here: https://europe.prepaidzero.com The all of Europe or Vodafone sim cards work in the mentioned countries.

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

This depends on the sim card being used. It's best to fill in the contact form on our website.

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

Hi, the sim cards for the Netherlands should be topped up at least once per 6 months to stay active. If you want to have it checked for your phone number, please use the contact form on our website.

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

Not knowing where you are going I still think the best option is to buy on elocally. Or if you have their phone and need the number (the question is somewhat ambiguous) try calling your own number with it. That should show you the number.

By Tommi R.

Hi, you can top up our Italian sim cards from here: https://www.prepaidzero.com/italy-topup.html

By Prepaid Z., PrepaidZero Representative

Questions? Get answers from the PrepaidZero staff and other customers.

PrepaidZero?